Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
913 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 400 of 913 Newer› Newest»Does anyone know what surgery Derick had? I hadn't heard anything about that. I agree that Jill didn't seem herself in last night's interview episode.
Also, I was recording the show and it cut off before it was over...don't know why...I missed all the "still to come next season" stuff...what was that about? Thanks
All my family, including myself is from Northwest Arkansas, cousin is on the same road as the Duggar home. The landfill is NOT attached to their property. The entrance is down the road 1000 feet of so. The actual fill is about 3/4 of a mile in. There is no smell. You would not even know it was there. It is a beautiful area with very nice, large homes around. Remember, this is Wal-Mart country.
There is another side to the Josh story and a 14 year old girl. It was not his sister. It was someone from their home church that was a visiting family. This girl was on a weekend pass from a residential facility. Her parent's took full responsibility for her actions. She was in fact in the facility for sexual misconduct with her younger siblings and a foster child. She is now in a group home.
Jim Bob took Josh in to make sure Josh was not implicated. Yes, he was older, but this girl had serious issues and indeed made a move on Josh.
It doesn't matter if you question the validity of my comment. Josh did not break any laws and that In Touch report is tabloid garbage.
Native
RE: Bertha's comment about the need for more C Sections after the 1st one. Michelle would really give you a lecture on that thinking. She had a number of vaginal births after a few C-sections herself & I'm sure she's reassuring Jill that she can still have a natural birth with the next one. When I first started to watch them, the Duggars were shopping around for a Dr. that would allow Michelle to have a vaginal birth after her C-sections. She found Dr. Amy Sarver (wonder what ever happened to her) & she said yes most women can indeed have a natural birth if everything else in their pregnancy is ok. So a vaginal birth is not out of the question just because she had one C-section. However just looking at Jill's stature, she seems very small & with a large baby it might not be the safest thing to do, but then again the Duggars are not know for putting safety first.
Esther how could Josh have been 27 ten years ago, he's only 27 now??
RE: Heart in Florida's question about Derick's surgery. I assume he's still recovering from his oral surgery.
Derick's mother's warning about having such large babies and that Izzie was so large, leads me to think that Jill should prepare herself for all c-sections. If she can vbac then it would be a welcome surprise. I see the likely scenario of four or five sections and then reality will be forced on Jill.
Derick's mother's warning about having such large babies and that Izzie was so large, leads me to think that Jill should prepare herself for all c-sections. If she can vbac then it would be a welcome surprise. I see the likely scenario of four or five sections and then reality will be forced on Jill.
Re: the dump: Even in the heart of Walmart (& Jesus) Land, "1,000 ft down the road and 3/4 mile in" still qualifies as a poor location decision real estate-wise, especially when the home build site was chosen by a realtor.
The evidence mounts: The Patriarch is a dunce.
I think she may be having trouble too. Hope she's getting help if she needs it. Ppd is tough.
I wondered if Jill might have post-partum depression. Also, I wonder if she's just come down off Cloud 9 and reality is hitting her in the face. She had her first romance and it was rather exciting at that, what with a trip to Nepal and all, then all the fun and excitement of planning a wedding, the wedding day itself and finally getting to kiss, going on a nice honeymoon, setting up a home and "playing house". She probably had this idea of a perfect birth (nothing unusual about that, lots of women do) and it went all haywire and now she's at home with a newborn that takes a lot of time and attention. While Jill has done way more than her share of raising babies and kids, Michelle did take care of them until she weaned them at six months so Jill probably wasn't ready for the reality of midnight and 2 a.m. feedings and being tired from not getting enough sleep and recovering from surgery. Michelle always acted like everything was sunshine and roses and Jill may be realizing what a front her mom has been putting on and just wasn't ready for the reality of it all. She told Jessa she wished she and Derick had had more time together. She may be thinking "and I'm expected to do this over and over and over again". It's not her fault she was born into a cult and is maybe feeling a little overwhelmed by it all but is supposed to act like all of this is the best thing in the world and exactly what she always wanted.
Whatever it is, I hope she gets help and starts feeling better.
"It is being reported that Josh Duggar was caught coming out of a young girls bedroom and something inappropriate happened."
The story sounds fishy ...
1. a young girls bedroom? At that time they had 5 girls and they all shared the same room.
2. If it happened at someone else's house the still had their mob of kids and everyone knows how wild they are. Josh would not have a chance to have a minute alone with a young girl without several kids in there with him.
I think Josh acts like a jerk but I just don't think the story makes sense.
If a trooper was fired for what they are claiming it would have made the news. That would be a good way to start checking facts. That is either Washington or Benton county.
I find it interesting that in the story it was supposedly a state trooper and not a local policeman or county sheriff? Why would a highway patrolman be involved in it instead of the police?
I have been reading about 17 year old Josh being accused of sexual misconduct. I know that there is a lot of speculation about whether it was a girl a few years younger than him or one of his sisters. It has suddenly hit me why the Duggars are so strange when it comes to hugging their children or the siblings hugging one another. I pray to God it wasn't one of the Duggar girls. JimBob turned in his own son and CPS was contacted. I really feel for Anna and her children. Did she know about this before she married him?
Buckeye and something else:
Buckeye: from the books (yes I do admit, I have them all, didn't know just how weird they are):
I never heard anyone say, that JB went to a realtor-school. Just, that like his parents, he had a licence (sorry, don't know how to spell that word) and later on Mee got one as well. No school mentioned.
Then in that Bentonville-clip I saw, that JB kept his hand on Mees upper back, while they prayed with the other two people on there. It looked to me, like he was holding her down, to show, how submissive she still needed to be kept. Meanwhile, she didn't clasp her hands for prayer, but held on to her bag, like someone was likely to snatch it from her, while she was occupied.
Did anyone else see it that way? I am sure, that JBs hand was on her back, because I went back to make sure. Still: I may be over critical here, so correct me, if I was wrong.
Thanks! CiG
I for one am worried about Jill. I had PPD and it was terrible. I went untreated for many months because I was afraid to ask for help. I hope Jill will get treatment if she needs it. If not, I am afraid she will be in an endless cycle she might never come out of.
With Josh's legal scandal isn't this old news related to him fooling around with a girl he was engaged to and her father broke the engagement? The whole sin in the camp election deal? With the Duggars extreme rules it could be nothing. I hope it is and not actual abuse. I'm not fond of the Duggars, but I would hate for false accusation to ruin his life. This could effect him horribly future work and with his own children.
You can read the entire police report online. Pay particular attention to page 11. Explains many things and makes we wonder why Jsna never leaves home or courts, JBs fondness for the girls room.....read for your self.
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bombshell-duggar-police-report-jim-bob-duggar-didn-t-report-son-josh-s-alleged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906
Read for yourself and pay attention to page 11 of the police report.
Makes me wonder about many, many things...
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bombshell-duggar-police-report-jim-bob-duggar-didn-t-report-son-josh-s-alleged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906
I noticed on the segment when the crew members were being interviewed, that Scott said if the kids are really misbehaving, he will tell them,"You listen to me,because I've been in this family longer than you have." Funny that a crew member is stricter with the kids than Michelle is
In touch magazine has gotten a copy of the police report, it is all over the Internet. People are blowing up the TLC page. They say statutes of limitations was up after 3 years, but i believe the victim can press charges against them
Police report is up on In Touch. It is sick. Josh Duggar molested 5 girls- four were his sisters. TLC needs to cancel this show. So sad for the victims!
I don't think women in this cult would be allowed to ask for help for postpartum depression. Jill will be pregnant again soon, timed perfectly to eclipse Jessa's moment in the spotlight.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/21/josh-duggar-sex-scandal-sexually-molested-minor-girls-sisters-19-kids-and-counting-tlc/
More details....TMZ isnt the new york times, but they usually get it right
The thing is....they put so much emphasis on sex and sexual behavior, they make a bigger deal about it. They teach their children to suppress these impure feelings but its science, hormones...you can expect any amount of bible verses to remove your intuition.
They make it forbidden but make such a big deal about it. JB so openly gropes michelle all the time, how could the kids not be interested in sexual behavior. I am not at all surprised.
It would probably be a HUGE double standard if one of the females were to do something even mildly inappropriate
RE: Not a mocker & the poor grammar used by the entire Duggar family. I applaud you for your examples of the correct use.
I was taught the same way you have explained it. Take out the other name.
Jessa & I went to the store. It has to be that way because, if you take out the word Jessa, you are left with, me went to the store.
Also the dog belongs to Jessa & me. You cannot say the dog belongs to Jessa & I as the sentence would then read, the dog belongs to I. It's an extremely easy way to determine the correct grammar. All you need to do is remove the other name from the sentence & it will make sense.
Well, now we know why the girls are all in one room together; they need safety & the older ones need to feel they can protect the younger ones.
I don't have an firm opinion on the Josh situation but did see a copy of the police report & although it didn't name, Josh it did give the address as: James R. Duggar & their street & number. I will hold off on any further comments on the subject, until more is known. However it could account for the absolutely brutal rules & regulations that are in place for the kids that are coming long.
I believe Josh did it!! I believe TLC will keep rolling cause it is a gravy train. That the Duggars and TLC just can't stop. I believe they will cut Josh out or let him explain him self. But remember there are 19 of them. So one monkey don't stop no show!!
This whole Josh story is probably sadly the tip of the iceberg. I am thinking that either Jill or Jessa was having problems and told their husbands what happened.
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/95978987.html
link to a report on Josh Duggar, they are saying he did molest his sisters! *gag*
isn't it sad that this really doesn't surprise me? :(
What is with these people, anyway? No one who knew about this called the police? Not the church elders JB consulted? Not the friend of the family who wrote the letter? Not the Oprah people? Not JB or Meechelle? Sexually molesting a child is a crime, people. It is not treated with rehab and prayer. It is not to be swept under the rug when the molester stops. Yes, it can ruin your TV deal, and it can hurt your chances at a political career... but are those things more important than the safety and well being of the victims? Those girls need professional help right now! How are the Duggars going to respond to this one? When the cat was almost run over (on purpose) by the sled, they quickly showed an episode where a dog was washed. What are they going to do now? I vote for showing Josh being hauled away in handcuffs. But, it'll probably be Josh and Anna taking another oversized stuffed bear to a women's shelter or something.
Now I'm not defending any kind of molestation but you have to wonder if a hormone-riddled teen-age boy who lives in a house full of girls had ever been allowed to date a girl, hold hands, kiss, sneak a look at Playboy, ogle the beach babes, flip through an anatomically correct book on sex/puberty (I'm pretty certain that's even allowed) or any of the normal things that curious teen-age boys (and girls) do none of this would happen. These young people have no outlet for their perfectly normal urges and curiosities. The boys aren't even allowed to be around when a baby sister is having a diaper changed. What happens when you tell a kid "hands off"? The immediately have to see what all the fuss is about.
The dirt is hitting the fan now. InTouchWeekly.com has the police report on the Josh Duggar scandal. TMZ is also reporting it. Read the report. It is not good and this show should be cancelled asap as Honey Boo Boo was.
wow, the article that others have posted (http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bombshell-duggar-police-report-jim-bob-duggar-didn-t-report-son-josh-s-alleged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906), i just read it and it explains a whole lot, explains why a state trooper was involved & why nothing happened, sounds like it only came back up because of other 3rd parties, what i really thought was interesting was that they said the trooper was a good friend of JB's which was why they went to him, this trooper was later convicted of child pornography, guess it says a lot about the types of people JB calls friends... (not to mention that he thought it was OK to pretty much turn the other cheek to his son & ignore the situation)
Oh, man! Yup...Even with names and such redacted, it definitely seems that the victims were Josh's sisters. Looks like these people are even sicker than we always thought! I'm just hoping this is the beginning of the end for them!
And after all this, I can't help but wonder why Anna allowed herself to get caught up with Josh (Or why the Kellers allowed it!), considering this was all long before they met! And now they have soon-to-be four children, including two girls, of their own caught up in it! Good Lord!
Been reading the police report. It doesn't look good. Michelle and JimBob tried to hide this stuff. In my vie, they should come clean. Quite frankly, I am disgusted.
http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2014/04/there-is-no-victim-a-survey-of-iblp-literature-on-sexual-assault-and-abuse/
Go read this article to see how Bill Gothard/IBLP feels about sexual abuse. I know I read about the Josh Duggar thing on a web forum years ago...I believe it was on the recovering grace website. Everyone in the church knew about it for years.
Now it's on FOX. The mothership.
Hi
I think Jill is afraid of being away from her family. She maybe in her 20's but she is still a child and married to a stranger. Who is going to do all the work around the house. She can barly cook. Does she clean house does she know how? Laundry thats Grandma's job. I really think the poor girl is scred to death and maybe moving to Napal.
I am so incensed after reading the police report on In Touch that I'm finally posting for the first time.
Even if the statute of limitations was expired, how could CPS not do a thorough investigation of this family at that time? JB & M made the chose to trust this issue to their church elders and send Josh to a mentor for rehabilitation!!! And then accept him right back into a house full of adolescent girls! What sane parents do that?
And then given that all this has freshly come to light, let's have CPS do an investigation now into the conditions in that house. Kids sleeping on mattresses in overcrowded bedrooms, blanket training, questionable home schooling, etc. Don't forget child labor as the kids film a TV show for their parents' ego and financial benefit.
I can't even imagine how they're trying to spin this to Anna to convince her that Mac and the new baby will be safe.
TMZ is reporting that Josh resigned from his job.
Guess it's official.According to People Magazine, Josh Duggar has resigned. There are statements from Josh, Anna & Michelle & Jim Bob, in the latest edition of People. Wonder how People Magazine feels after all the warm & fuzzy articles about the girls weddings, pregnancies & Jill's birth experience?
Anna know 2 years befor Josh proposed as well as her parents
And then on top of all that, these kids -- boys and girls -- are being taught they have no self-control. The can't dance or front-hug or kiss because they'll never be able to stop there and it'll lead to other things. The boys can't see a not-totally covered up woman on the street so the girls have to yell NIKE because if the boys see it, it'll lead to who knows what. So if you're taught you don't have any self-control you won't exercise self-control because you can't use what you (think) you don't have and you haven't learned how.
Really, given the big picture this shouldn't be terribly surprising. The whole set-up is perfect for disaster. Those poor girls. I'm glad they said something and at least weren't afraid they'd be blamed so better keep it to themselves. They were at least believed although there's no way to know if they were told they contributed in any way.
Then, knowing that Josh clearly has a problem instead of getting him real help they send him off to what was probably some sketchy program, I don't know if it was Gothard or not, but whatever it was I don't think he really got the help he needed. The only way to really help any of these kids is a total change in mentality.
Josh may have committed the wrong-doing but Gothard, Michelle and Jim Bob set up the premise for it and Jim Bob and Michelle will never realize that Gothard is the root of all of this and get their children and grandchildren out of it.
People has the story..Anna says that he told her the first time she came to his house 2 years before he proposed!
I can't make myself think about Josh in a house with his own daughters. Jim Bob and Michelle both need to be shook until their teeth rattle.
I'm seeing in all the statements that it's all about Josh, Michelle & JB. How it's brought their family closer to God, how Josh got "counseling."
WHAT ABOUT THE GIRLS HE MOLESTED??? Did they get any help? Any counseling beyond prayers? I doubt it!
http://www.people.com/article/josh-duggar-molestation-accusations-duggars-respond
Anna knew well before they were engaged.
So many of us have felt like Jim Bob Duggar is a pervert. All his sex talk & innuendoes. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Nobody should be surprise at any of the skeletons that start falling out of the Duggars closet. Wonder how People magazine is going to put a spin on this? They were so delighted at their close association with the Duggars.
I have always felt like Jana has stayed to protect the younger ones. Now I'm starting to think there are far more dark secrets they hide.
From what I understand, sexual abusers are extremely difficult to totally rehabilitate. I just hope Josh received some counseling from an accredited source, and not just the "builder mentor." It sickens me to think of the danger his own daughters could possibly face. It breaks my heart that some of the Duggar girls may have been subjected to sexual abuse. Add to that, the strictness of their courting guidelines, and you just have to wonder how they go from very little physical contact to everything after their wedding. They may need counseling, but alas~~my guess is that they won't get any. N
I have to wonder if Jana has purposely refrained from courting because she wanted to make sure all of the younger ones were protected from Josh. I am worried for uneducated Anna with four children and a husband to had to resign from his job, although it is a hate group job. These girls have always been taught to submit..even through abuse. So very sad.
Two things:
1) Anne posting on instagram: "The three most beautiful and liberating words in the English language are these: I forgive you." Ah Anna, Josh molested his sisters . . .How gracious and godly of you to forgive him! Now if Jessa, Jill, Jinger, Joyanna or Jana had written that on instagram that would be different.
2) This rumour had been around for years and now it's finally proven. The Duggar's never did appear on Oprah and the rumour was Oprah found out and cancelled their appearance. The police report totally substantiates this fact.
How long until TLC pulls the plug? A week? I think Apple will move quicker and have their shows off iTunes by end of day Friday.
They say Anna "knew" but I seriously doubt she was told the girls involved were his sisters.
With the way they act like sex is soo bad ...not even just sex..any kind of contact...heck they make their kids feel all mixed up i think. Not excusing Josh (he knew that wasn't right) but just what if Jboob and Meechele were not so hard nosed and ignorant on how they teach *train up* their kids...this MAY not have happened. Boob and all his stupid sex talk- him and mullet r sick tickets! I hope the girls did indeed get help..as it will be with them for life. WHAT A BUNCH OF NUTS!! WHY HASNT ...TLC CUT THIS SHOW OFF---later on tonight TLC is running a bunch of reruns......ugh..its time to pull the plug---This is all disgusting.
How dare Josh make such a huge holier-than-thou fuss about his first kiss being at the wedding?? Anna's lips may have been the first he kissed, but he had fondled five other girls without consent! Disgusting.
This has to be the end of the show. How can Ben and Derick be in the same room as him?!?!
Well, now there is an official response on the Duggar Family Facebook page, and Josh has resigned his DC job. Hard to imagine what is coming next for this family. I wonder if Ben and Derrick knew about all this?
I wondered when something like Josh being a pedophile would come to light! my mom and I have been saying for years that this family would make the news and it wouldn't be for Family of the Year. It doesn't surprise me that they never reported him in the proper channels. This is something that could be "healed" through the Lord. Bull. This is something that needed to be healed with handcuffs and some time in juvey. He needs some psych help because perps like him get a thrill from touching people and that need never goes away. As for going to God and asking for forgiveness, what a crock! There isn't enough time in his life to make amends to his poor victims for what he did to them. I know, I have been in the victims shoes. Anna needs to take those kids and run. His parents should have their heads smacked together and then let me have some time alone with ol'Joshie. However, I do wonder what this will portend for the show. His parents can't be happy that it has come up again. This must have originally happened about the time that they went onto TV. I better sign off, my blood is beginning to boil...
go to the 19kac facebook page. in the timeline picture, josh, anna and their kids have been removed. i suppose that gives an indication of how tlc plans to handle this.
I really sincerely feel sorry for the fam. I'm surprised the truth didn't come out years ago, it was always just a rumor. I believe the upcoming season will be the last. I predict in a few weeks TLC will release a promo showing the Duggars over the years with the voiceover "For 10 years they shared their lives with us, now they saw good-bye. Watch the series finale of 19 kids." The Duggars will probably release a statement that implies that their mission work is being called in a different direction.
On a different note, I'm not surprised JB and Michelle counseled with their church first.
Well, I see it really hit the fan with Josh and he resigned his position with FRC. How's he going to support his family now. Ben's employment is looking really shaky now.
Hope TLC cancels the show. Honey Boo Boo got cancelled when TLC found out that Mama June was dating a sex offender. The circumstances with Josh aren't much different.
And if you want to have another laugh, google Pastor Matt Makela of Midland, MI. There are many more that are going to fall.
I feel so bad for the victims of the molestation. It seems like this entire thing was swept under the rug and perhaps the victims were blamed because they tempted Josh to do what he did.
I dated a very religious man briefly in my 20's and when he tried to force himself on me (I fought him off), he later blamed me for being a temptress and I was a version of the devil on earth there to test him. I didn't believe it because I am not religious, but I can only imagine how the victims must feel if they are blamed for what happened.
So now that Josh has admitting to inappropriate actions 12 years ago is TLC going to keep this show on? IMO if someone admits to molestation even if it was 12 years ago they should not be on a TV show promoting "no physical contact before marriage" and pure family values. What a crock of **** this family is.... JMO
Well it is out. My heart goes out to the 5 girls, Anna and her children. I do NOT believe Anna was told the details. The Kellers would have never allowed Anna to court and marry Josh. I pray for those poor sisters. I pray Anna takes her children and goes to Florida to her family.
Just a few days ago I posted on this site that if the surface of the Duggars' world was just barely scratched, dark things would come to light.
I had no idea it would come about this quickly.
I hope TLC makes the right decision and cancels this show.
If they do not, I will never watch that network again.
This is horrendous.
I'm having a hard time believing Josh came clean with Anna and her family before the engagement.I can't imagine the Kellers saying "Goodness,Anna,he's a great catch! We approve and you should marry him!" after that.
It sounds more like one of those after the fact cover stories.
, "Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God. We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family. We have challenges and struggles every day. It is one of the reasons we treasure our faith so much because God's kindness and goodness and forgiveness are extended to us – even though we are so undeserving. We hope somehow the story of our journey – the good times and the difficult times – cause you to see the kindness of God and learn that He can bring you through anything."
That was Michelle's reply. Basically she's begging people to let this all slide and keep watching the show.
Oh, and I forgot to add, CALLING DR. PHIL!!!!!
The person that released this info to the press should be ashamed of themselves. They didn't even stop to think how releasing this info would affect the victims and his children down the road. Perhaps the victims have moved on and want to forget about this but now are going to have to relive it. It is so sad that someone hated the Duggars so much that they decided to release these skeltons with no reguard to the innocent.
I had 19 Kids and Counting for series recording on the DVR. Just deleted it. I do not want to watch anymore Duggars and their lies. I encourage you all to do the same. This family is making tons of money from TLC. Wake up TLC and cancel the show. In honor of the girls that were molested TLC do the right thing!!!
VBAC is actually really common now and not much riskier than another c section.
Josh has been out of the house for several years now but there are nine more boys in the family Jana may be worried about.
Josh has resigned from his job. Not that it was much of a job but he was supporting his family.
I wonder what TLC will say. Between this and Honey Boo Boo I wonder if they'll rethink this whole reality show thing.
Our prayers have been answered. I think this Josh scandel will kill the show. I see it every where on intenet. TLC will be cancelling it like the did Honey boo boo
That could explain why the girls still want to all share a room and to share beds. Safety in number, you know.
Well, I guess TLC isn't shocked by all this news, since they've been airing 19 kids all day today. I really can't believe this took 12 years to come to light. I always had a feeling something was up with the rumors flying about Josh and why he was sent to the ALERT thing. I wonder how the girls are going to deal with. I also wonder if the middle and younger kids had any idea what happened with older brother. This is just mind blowing to me. I'm interested to see how all of this unfolds and what Josh plans to do to support Anna and the kids. No more politics for him.
Josh utterly turns my stomach. I remember when this was earlier reported here on DWOP but now that he has admitted to the allegations of molesting his siblings........ I hope this is what makes the older girls leave the cult/compound and break away from this sick twisted family. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors especially after hearing this.
Just logged off Michelle's blog there is a detailed message from the Duggars about Josh resigning from the hate group & Josh apologizing all over the place that & the Duggars pouring God on everything. Couldn't get through all of the hipe.
Per " sandi said...
I'm having a hard time believing Josh came clean with Anna and her family before the engagement.I can't imagine the Kellers saying "Goodness,Anna,he's a great catch! We approve and you should marry him!" after that.
It sounds more like one of those after the fact cover stories."
I wouldn't be surprised, sandi if in the following days or weeks Mr. Keller suggests that Anna and the little ones come home to FL without Josh. Remember Mr. Keller worked in prison ministry.
This is a highly sexualized family I bet the abuse goes deeper.. I bet tell all book is on its way.
I'm not by any means sticking up for Josh. However, the "inappropriate actions" could mean anything. The way this family over sexualities everything, he could have kissed a girl on the cheek and his parents freaked out.
Do you really think that this bunch of freaks should still be ministering to us? If you put yourself out on the public eye like this how do you expect the secret to stay buried!
At first I thought this was a rehash of the "sin in the camp" rumors that have been floating around the internet for as long as the Duggars have been on tv. Having read more, it does seem to be in reference to the same incident(s), just with much more credible evidence.
The Josh issue has been threatening to rear its head for a while now. I found it interesting that the story kept reappearing lately. But now that Josh has confirmed its validity and resigned (probably before being fired) from his job, I am anxious to see how TLC will respond as well as how PR wizard Jim Bob will spin this. I find the whole incident to be disgusting and sad on so many levels. No one wins here. Josh was never held accountable nor did he receive proper treatment and the victims apparently never got justice. All the while the Duggars have amassed a nice living while pretending to be the face of morality and right-living. All lies.
Well Derrick is looking especially smart for keeping his office job, though he's going to have to start taking it seriously. As for Josh - I always understood that 100 percent of child molesters were molested themselves. I hope someone asks the question of where Josh got his compulsion (five victims over at least a year on multiple occasions is not a misguided boy making teenage mistakes). Those poor girls- they must be totally brainwashed to have been so supportive of him over the years. As for the rest of the Duggars, good luck in your job search.
This all really makes me wonder what has been going on with Josiah, was he acting out also? Didn't they send him off to a military type Christian academy for awhile, JimBob admitted in his Question/answer segment of their last episode that he doesn't yell at his kids very often, but he has gotten to that point more often with Josiah and laughs about it. Now they have Josiah in a courtship at only 18? It's like they are trying to get him out of the house quickly or " settled down" more.
This may be why Jessa doesn't understand what she is doing with these steamy, sexy photos she posts on her social media. She doesn't know what normal is.
There was a recent Duggars episode about Josh & Anna buying a home in Arkansas. I was surprised to learn this info because of the exhorbadent amount of $$$! Josh & Anna owe in unpaid back taxes. This situation is devestating for Anna & the children & soon another one on the way in July. I feel bad for Anna & those kids.
K I am pleased this scandal was brought into the light. Josh & his arrogant entitled attitude needed to be taken down a peg or two. When a person molests regardless of the time line, it will eventually come out. Perhaps & I am just guessing, the person or persons who contacted the media about Josh may have been one of the victims or a member of one of the victims family?
Yes Well there's Michelle pouring God on everything. With limited intelligence, & her Fundie controlling Saint Jim Bob husband, that's the best she has. Very sad.
Hmmm I wonder what old man pervert Gothard thinks about this scandal?
I can't even look at Josh. And any parent who would just brush off their teenaged son's molestation of his SISTERS, one of whom was five years old is a monster, as is their son. I am afraid for Anna's daughter!
Does anyone truly bieve Jim Bob & Michelke will divorce their relationship with creepy Gothard? I don't believe they will they are too indoctrinated & bioth are not that smart to think logically. It's just a heck of a mess.
Chelsea Well Gothard is a creep & years ago got into trouble for molesting Teenage girls. I believe the old jerk resigned his position from the CULT in Chicago. This mess just gets worse.
The Duggars have filed a motion in court to have the police report destroyed. It's too late for that, but that also tells me that the report is accurate and extremely damaging.
Dar, If Jim Bob & Michelle were authentic & accountable people, they would make a public appearance on TV to explain instead they hide behind God & frankly take the Cowards approach. We shouldn't be surprised.
Well the Duggars are great at sweeping things they don't want to discuss or face under the rug. Soon, that rug will be just a rag atop of Mount Everest.
Well the Duggar House of Cards is tumbling & quickly. This families Facade is now in the open. It needed to be shown. However I don't believe Jim Bob realizes the enormity of this Josh scandal he's too self absorbed & his brain doesn't function in a normal path as he's proven so often.
Tanya, just as Josh was sent to the Alert Academy Josiah & John David were sent to Alert as well. BTW: The Alert Academy was created by you guessed it That creepy old man Bill Gothard. Doesn't this scenario just continue to get even more salacious...
This explains a WHOLE lot of things....Why the
girls act so sad, why Jessa says sarcastic things to Jim
Bob, why we never see Josh hold one of his little
sisters, why Joe is protective of Jinger, why they are so
sheltered, why
they wear modest clothes, only side hug, have "skin
hunger, etc. No wonder there was a lot of bed
wetting....
I feel sorry for any of the boys who had to sleep in the same room....well in fact in the bed with Josh.
He had 5 sisters born at that time.
This saddens me for everyone.
Sue said...
(Snipped) She does seem very detached from her baby. Derick seems like he is doing all the work, plus is working at his day job again. Since when does giving birth to a baby make you a queen to be waited upon hand and foot? If Dad is working a real job during the day, why is he obligated to get up in the middle of the night to change the diapers if Mama has to get up anyway to feed the baby? She couldn't cook while she was pregnant, she does't change any diapers???? What kind of a strange and spoiled world does she live in? If she can't, or won't, take care of the baby why in the world did she want to get pregnant for in the first place. These people make no sense.
5/19/2015 7:10 AM
Jill was raised watching Michelle become more and more revered with every birth. I'm sure she expected the same. Throw in the unexpected c-section which is probably the first thing in Jill's Life Plan that didn't turn out as she expected, and she's probably feeling very bewildered.
I think Derick is a good man, and he will make sure she gets help if she needs it. His mom is a smart woman so even if Derick doesn't see it, she will.
I really wish that Anna would not speak for her parents.If it's true they knew about Josh's antics beforehand,then let's hear it from them,tyvm
A lot of things make sense now. I really feel that John David and Jana are choosing to stay home in order to protect the children.
Carol or those poor Girls were Forced or threatened as well as brainwashed. I think when the cameras are not filming Jim Bib is a real taskmaster or ogre with his kids & that s abuse. I've always believed Jim Bob & Michelle out in this sugar coated "sweet" act & it just doesn't work for them they are too transparent & we who post at this blog clesrly see the Facade.
OMG... I cannot believe this moment in time, TLC is airing 19! Kids "Duggars Guide to Love" & the asinine advice the Duggar men are sharing about courting & dating. Come on TLC enough already the curtains are down the lies are EXPOSED!!!
It's quite late & TLC continues to air Duggars Guide to Love. What a Farce. Disgusting. Also, TLC.com still has Jim Bob & Michelle as the first photo to display & in the red box Feedback. I clicked Feedback & expressed my opinion also asking TLC to Please cancel 19 Kids.
Heart in FL: Derick underwent oral surgery. Hopefully he'll recover quickly.
Re; comments about the Kellers When someone has pretty much devoted their life to prison ministry , I'm sure they would be the type that would just forgive. After all, with all Mr Keller sees in his prison ministry, I think it's possible (only possible) that they did know. They are all alike in my book.
God Bless Oprah for researching the Duggars enough to keep them off her show. It's too bad more wasn't done but I know Oprah as a victim of abuse herself, probably looked into the situation. Probably only so much that they could do, if the police or CPS wasn't going to get involved.
RE: Coleen's comments No way do I feel very sorry for the family. I feel very sorry for the girls that were molested & I don't believe for one minute that it was as simple as Josh kissing a girl. Those parents should be held accountable for Josh. He was probably just sent to the "Alert Camp."
My husband & my son have always said there was something like this going on in that family. I don't trust Jim Bob either. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree & many posters have referred to him as a pervert in the past. He has sex on his brain all the time, all the innuendos, talks about it constantly on camera Yes the holier than thou Duggars with all their rules:Nike, boys look down, avert your eyes, don't forget your "wholesome wear." I hope TLC cancels the entire show/ministry & not just any parts that involve Josh & Anna. How do the Duggars explain all this to the younger children, you know the ones that think you go to prison if you kiss someone before you're married.
I cannot believe K's comment that whoever released that information should be ashamed of themselves. That comment is the same as blaming the victims. Any counselor or person that has been abused will tell you that you don't just "move on." That's the same as sweeping it under the rug. It is only right & just that he be held accountable or his actions. They should have known that if they were going to splash themselves all over the TV & magazines that eventually this would come out. I don't fault anyone that comes forward with this type of information, if it's true & believe me no way would Josh resign unless it is true. He has an ego second only to Jim Bob. The Dugars knew this & still they paraded themselves all over this country as well as many foreign countries to spread their ministry.
As a survivor of sexual abuse i find it hard to comprehend any parent dealing with this any worse than they have. idiots.
Sexual predators/paedophiles etc live in plain sight. Ironically they are more likely to be extroverts, not shy, be out there. Its a front. To not be a suspect of suspicion they tend to be over the top with human contact etc. In my experience, noone believed us, the man was 'too nice' 'too into the community' 'too pleasant' 'a family man'. Its all an act.
I remain very firm that jim bob is a paedophile. He likes his daughters to look pleasing to him (hair, dress code). He may not act on it per say, but why would any father want his daughters to look like what turns him on sexually?
This is all my opinion.
As a survivor and believer of Jesus, i think forgiveness is important, but forgiveness without punishment is wrong, he.commited a crime. Not a mistake. A crime.
Im sure Jesus would forgive Josh, but frog march him to jail.
Now that we know the allegations are true since they have been confirmed by The Duggars, I went to In Touch and read the police report. It was really shocking and also revealed by one of the other kids who was not molested that Jim Bob did spank and used a ROD to do so!
I do not believe that Anna and her parents were told about this two years before their marriage.
I believe Anna should return to her parents with her children and seek a divorce and lots of counseling.
I believe a 61 year old family member wrote the e-mail to Oprah.
I believe neither Jessa or Jill told their husbands about this until it was made public. In one episode, Josh and Anna were invited to stay overnight at Jill and Derick's home. This would not have happened if Derick had known.
I believe TLC should setup a generous professional counseling fund for the victims.
I believe the Arkansas Children's Protective Services should order Joy to counseling. The adult victims should be invited and encouraged to participate.
I believe Derick, his mother and brother should move Jill as far away from the Duggar family as possible.
I believe Ben and his family should move Jessa as far away from the Duggar family as possible.
I believe TLC should cancel the show ASAP.
I believe Gil Bates knew about this and I believe Gothard knew. They are the "church elders". They did nothing. To me, that is criminal.
I believe Michelle and Jim Bob should be treated as the criminals they are. Their minor children should be removed from their home.
I wish John David would fly Jana to a nice place and get an apartment where they could live and work and go to school and get counseling and thrive and rebuild their lives. It is not about finding a husband. It is about healing.
Like father, like son, like Gothard.
I question the common sense of Jim Bob, yet again, as to why would he have agreed those years ago to put his family on TV in the first place with this powder keg that could have exploded at any time? A family with something like this to keep suppressed would have never taken the chance...
Allyson, exactly. Does it state anywhere, definitively that the girls were his sisters? If so, well...But, if not, maybe it was the case of a teenage boy attracted to a girl an,d he tried to kiss her. Also ages are important here. If we're talking about a 5 year old, that's one thing. But it could have been someone a year or so younger than him, and that's worlds apart. Now, I'm not saying that anyone should put up with guys kissing them, etc. if they don't want it, but let's be honest, who hasn't experienced that? And of we charged every boy who tried to steal a kiss from a girl with molestation, we would have a whole heck of a lot of molesters out there.
If this was a real case of child molestation, i.e., young child, sister, or very inappropriate behavior even with one close to his age, then the term fits.
I do believe people can make mistakes, be forgiven, and change. I do feel sorry for the family if that is the case. We would all be pretty miserable if all our stupid actions as children and/or teenagers came to light. I think, however, it was pretty stupid of them to have the show considering they had this in their past, and knowing that it could come to light.
I also feel sorry for all those gloating over the hurt the family is going through right now. Even Christ said to love our enemies.
Well now it's all starting to make sense re: their over the top views on faith, modesty, courtship/engagement, no kissing/hugging etc. Could all of this stem from what Josh did to his SISTERS?? Is Jana, now in her mid 20's and still single, scarred from these incidents? She's a beautiful girl, but there is so much sadness behind her eyes. Wow is all I can say!! Their holier than thou empire is starting to crumble. I'd implore the older kids to start thinking for themselves and take control of THEIR lives and get from under JimBoobs control. Jill & Jessa need to find their own places to live, places not owned by the family and dad is landlord. I'm even more grossed out by the way the girls praise him! This mess was swept under the rug...what kind of counseling did they receive, if any, other than church intervention?? SMH!!!
Maybe now we know why Josh called Jill a tattletale. I wonder what it was that she told Jim Bob and Michelle.
I am in shock . I am also sickened by Josh's actions. It must true that Josh resigned from his job and it is on Fox news. (Insert sarcasm here.) Why do I have a feeling that TLC will be doing a special series of Josh Intervention shows. I think TLC is to the point that they can't afford to loose the Duggar's. Plus I can see Jimbo spinning the series idea because he can't afford to loose the tv program.
So you think that little "talk" Jim Bob had with Josh and gave him a book, right before he got married, was staged?
There is a picture on here that you have to click on the arrow to see. Michelle has that pained look on her face, looking at Jim Bob. I never felt like she was on board with all of the Jim Bob junk and just puts up with it as she is told she is to be submissive. http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/05/21/duggars-reeling-from-joshs-sex-abuse-scandal/27741883/
I feel so bad for the Duggar girls. I can't believe JB and Michelle continued to leave him in the home with their daughters. I would have had him put in juvie and got therapy for my daughters. I just thought the Duggar girls were immature because of being so sheltered. I feel so bad that they were dealing with this and will never snark on them again. Jill can hang on Derrick and drive him around all she wants. Maybe Jana isn't interested in courting because she doesn't want to be touched.
I pray Anna takes her kids and goes back to her parents.
I wonder if Jill and Jessa told Derrick and Ben. I bet they are thinking, Holy crap! What did we get ourselves into?
I've just read the police report. So it obviously has been more than a kiss on the cheek.
Did anyone else also read that every child is spanked on the bottom with a rod by mother and father?
You may snark on the Duggars all day long. You man not, however, snark on other posters. They are not public figures on TV.
My heart aches for the girls who Josh violated. They are forced to spend time with their abuser. The damage is ongoing! Cancel this show/farce!!!
For anyone still doubting the allegations, please read at least some of the police report.
Think link from 2007 may help also:
http://www.ibiblio.org/bascha/blog/2006/03/21/gigantic-family-day-on-tlc/
Scroll about halfway down the page for Alice. It seems from that story and the police report, that Jana was not molested.
RE: Mary Walczak comment. Please dear God don't let that be any type of solution for the Duggars & TLC. Still allowing them to haul truck loads to the bank. Cancel them & be done with it!
who would have thought that this thing w/Josh would have been the thing to maybe finally push TLC to cancel the show, wow, parts of it all is shocking but at the same time totally believable
Ginger-I stand by my comment. The person that released this info to the press should be ashamed. He/She took no time to consider how the victims may feel about this being leaked all over the united states. It is the victims who will suffer however this person who leaked the info just cared about one thing and one thing only and that was to destroy a family. Also blaming the person responsible for leaking this info is NOT the same as blaming the victims. I am in NO way blaming the victims at all. I am just saying that maybe a little thought should have been given to the victims and his children and how they will feel about this being released.I don't know where you get your information but victims can in fact move on from terrible things that have happened to them to live happy lives. Some victims make the focus of their lives on being happy and moving past the past however that is very hard to do when some jerk posts your private info for everyone to see. Think whatever you want of Josh and the parents but while some of you are happy that these people are going to be destroyed and the show will be cancelled lets stop and think about the victims for a min and how this will impact them.
Hi
Ok this has hit all major tv networks. Just saw it on MSNBC and Fox..
Jush was not sent to alert but to a friends house. Per Michele0 I hope that person did not have any female children.
Josh did not kiss his victims he touch thier breats and grouped there vaginas
I really fear for his daughter and daughter to be Anna go home to Mom and dad protect your daughters
mary
Funtally, oh well. Jim Bob is so arrogant he probably believes the court system will bow to his demands. Jim Bob believes his FLEETING celebrity will win over the court system. Once again, Jim Bob proves the dumb that he is. Jim Bob should sell ice to Eskimos.
This an outrage! Why didn't he get jail time for this? How could there be a limit on the statute of limitations for something like this? I think any crime like this committed on a minor should never have a statute of limitations. Usually the child is too frightened to get help, and by the time they are old enough to seek justice it is too late! That is a double insult to the victim. If it is one of his siblings it makes sense that the girls all slept in one room- safety in numbers. Makes me sick to think he got away with it. Then he has the nerve to preach how wholesome and modest they are. What hypocrites. I hope this rotten show gets cancelled. I will never watch these fake, sickos again.
Jim Bob would NEVER have authorized Josh to tell Anna and the Kellers about this TWO years BEFORE their marriage. That would be too risky for anyone outside of the family to know. They were not even in a courtship then....
Well that answers the question why they insist the daughters wear dresses.....
Joy was molested. I believe Ginger, Jessa were molested. Do not know if the other victim was Jana or Jill. I believe Jill was the tattletale to her parents.
I think Jana and maybe even Jill were too old for Josh. It would still explain Jana, she wasn't molested but spent her childhood, and now adulthood, trying to protect those who were. When she couldn't and Josh got to them, it probably took a huge toll on her. All we know were the times where someone told, where they knew what was happening. What about the other times? Did the girls always wake up? I can't understand why anyone would trust him, Jana doesn't and now her job is protecting her family.
Lord only knows what went on in the boys room throughout the years. This is awful, all around awful.
Kiki, I agree & guess what, eventually all CULTS are Outed. This situation with Josh Duggar was the catalyst that brought this sick cult to the forefront, bringing attention to all media, Internet. Basically in front of God & everyone.Seriously, I just don't see how TLC could ethically continue with 19 Kids program. If they do, I foresee many people perhaps petitioning TLC to cancel 19 Kids or pursuing another alternative to remove the Duggars from TV.
Coyote, The Duggars are definitely NOT a ministry they are aligned with the Gothard cult. Bill Gothard is an old man who Never married sitting in an office or his home ruling the Fundies from Chicago. He's one sick dude.
Regarding Josh getting professional help well that would never happen. Re Jim Bob & Michelle well, stupid is as stupid does & they do stupid quite well. Poor judgment, with the belief God handles everything. News flash! God gave brains to humans. Think JB & M Think!!!
The Duggars have now made official statements via People magazine concerning the sexual assaults. Perhaps NOW their "fans" will realize that THEY have been "defrauded" by this fine upstanding "Christian" family who despise gays, Catholics and everyone else who is not like them. I saw this coming years ago. Not the Josh scandal, but it seems whenever you have a preachy holier than thou attitude, you have something ugly hiding in your own closet. Think Jim Bakker and dozens of other televangelists who disappeared in shame. This entire situation is sickening. TLC is sickening for not canceling this "show" immediately as they did with Honey Boo Boo. Just appalling. Hugging is taboo but sexual assault is okay? How sick is that?
Do you think those sound guys and other film crew knew about any of this? Please please say no, they seem like the only shred of normalcy for those kids in the last 5-10 yrs
Because this horrific incident was swept under the rug by saint Jim Bob this clearly shows that Jim Bob dismissed the effect this molestation had on his daughters. It also proves that Jim Bob disrespected his daughters. It proved that Jim Bob does not value his daughters. His only concern was about eventual negative publicity with Josh. Finally Jim Bob swept this incident under the rug because he didn't want to lose his 19 kids program. His motivation was & will always be the $$$$ which is the ministry. The Duggars especially Jim Bob is a FARCE!
Now we will finally get to see what Derick Dillard is made of. Is he the Jim Bob wannabe or is he his own man.
Can't wait to find out.
Ben Seewald is just a baby but what will his family tell him to do. Give up the Duggar gravy train?????
Not to be funny, but I kind of got a kick out of Honey Boo Boo's statement to TLC:
On Friday, she was fuming to TMZ that she wants to sue TLC about unfair treatment, since — so far — the Duggars still have a show, ....
"I read that the Duggar family said this happening with their son brought them closer to God and each other,' Shannon complained to TMZ. "So they're saying it's ok to have family touch time? Hell no."
I am so disgusted with TLC & the Duggars. Since TLC ignores my email messages, I searched to find a phone number for TLC. I found one it's 240-662-2000. A human answered & transferred me to TLC of course the call went directly to voice mail. I then recorded a message & no holes barred expressed my opinion about the Duggars suggesting the show should be cancelled.
Josh probably had to tell Anna, all the Kellers, and everyone else who had a daughter, if they were going to stay with the Duggars overnight, back then, as part of his "rehab".
Hmmmm, maybe TLC is responding. My TV shows that 19 K and C is supposed to be showing on the guide at the bottom of the screen. but The Little Couple is playing.
Perhsps you are one of the Duggars or a relative posting this message? Duggars will never control those if us who post our opinions we do not live in Gothard Land.
Now, let's hear the Duggars criticize the Catholic Church!
Obviously Jim Bob & Michelle aspire to the old Bible verse Spare the rod spoil the child. Actually I researched this verse back to the Greek interpretation it's about herding sheep.
I don't see how the crew could have known. I'm sure Josh was smart enough to keep his hands to himself when there was a camera around and lot of this seems to have happened late at night.
Anna and her parents may have been told something but there's no way they got the whole story.
Heart in FL: Jim Bob's thought processes are not normal. He created a large family saw the opportunity to make big $$$ & sold his family out. He probably didn't even consider the ramifications down the road. When one puts Themselves on a reality program then one must deal with the fact ones life or lives become an open book. Viewers will criticize scrutinize its just a fact. When one is on a reality show one must be careful to watch what one says & does in other words be accountable for ones actions because so many are watching. The chickens have come home to roost.
Melissae, I agree & doubt Anna knew before becoming engaged to Josh. I bet she may feel betrayed that Josh wasn't forthcoming. This could become a lack of trust issue in their marriage. I wonder what else Josh is hiding? Now Anna is pregnant with baby #4. She's probably feeling a ton of emotions. Her parents will hopefully be supportive & encoursge her to return to FL. I hope she wakes up from the Fundie dream & divorces Josh. It will be difficult but I believe it could happen. In a marriage when trust dies it's difficult to regain & I things are never again the same. It happened to me. Thankfully no children in the marriage. I moved on & am better for that decision. I wish only the best for Anna & her children & pray for her.
I agree, it would have been way too risky for outsiders like Anna's parents to know about Josh's antics,when they weren't even courting yet.I'm thinking that Anna may have been encouraged to go ahead and stuff words in her parents' mouths,in order to make it more difficult to refute.So iow, if they deny it now,they are basically calling their daughter a liar,a difficult thing to do.No wonder Anna said it instead of Josh.It is very effective stategy,whomever thought it up.My guess is either JB or Josh.JMO
RE: K's comments about my opinion. Those comment are not worth my time & effort to refute!
Regarding whether or not victims can more on to have a happy life. It all depends on if they receive proper counseling & if their abuser is punished
I am curious to see how Derrick and Ben respond.
It will also be interesting to see if Marjorie of her parents call off the courtship.
TLC has announced they are pulling: 19 KIDS COUNTING!!
My son, (age 30) just walked into the house. Knowing he really dislikes the Duggars I gave him the news. His first response was "what about his father, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
Not yet cancelled but.... it is starting!! We might never see the footage of the new courtship and new baby arrivals. It just got real!
'19 Kids and Counting'
TLC Yanks Show From TV Schedule
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/22/tlc-pulls-19-kids-and-counting-josh-duggar-molestation-scandal/#ixzz3atTrX1kC
http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/22/tlc-pulls-19-kids-and-counting-josh-duggar-molestation-scandal/
TLC has just pulled all airings of "19 Kids and Counting" from its lineup ... TMZ has learned.
Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ, the fate of the show is uncertain, but there's now so much heat in the wake of Josh Duggar's molestation confession ... the network had to make the decision.
We're told they absolutely have not made a long-term decision, but it's clearly a bad sign for the show.
And there's this ... a rep for General Mills tells TMZ, they have already blacklisted the show and removed it from their company's current advertising schedule.
As we reported, TLC ran a Duggar marathon Thursday, prominently featuring Josh. There was big backlash, not the least of which came from Mama June, who felt TLC was giving the Duggars a pass for far worse conduct than hers, which caused TLC to pull the plug on 'Honey Boo Boo.'
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/22/tlc-pulls-19-kids-and-counting-josh-duggar-molestation-scandal/#ixzz3atTngIaq
TIME magazine is now reporting online that TLC has pulled the show. Should have been done a while ago but those poor kids! I was a victim of unwanted sexual touch and never told anyone...I didn't want to get in trouble.
Finally just last year I told my husband and now am finally getting therapy for it...it has never gone away for me. I hope to find some peace but how can you preach "no touching" while you KNOW you did this as a child!
I am glad though that is family is finally understanding that if you sell yourself to the devil he will previal. I hope they can fully understand God and forgiveness and leave Gothard. (One can hope!)
I understand the concerns about the victims' privacy, but I think the potential harms of keeping this quiet forever are greater. It would be great if there was a way to provide credible evidence supporting the accusations while keeping the victims anonymous, but the nature of the crimes mean there isn't. As others have said, a 12-year-old boy doing something 'inappropriate' with another minor could something as innocent as consensual hand-holding with a 'girlfriend' to this group. The facts that the victims were his own sisters, as young as 5, and molested while they slept or while sitting on his lap are all relevant when determining how seriously others should take this, and whether they should allow Josh to be around their own daughters.
Regarding the 61-year old who wrote the e-mail to Oprah, back in 2006...if I am reading all the reports correctly...
That individual would now be about 70 or so, if he or she is alive. Absolutely pure conjecture on my part, but isn't Mary Duggar around 70? And were she and her husband around the same age? That would've put him at 61. If JimBob found out someone had "tattled," he'd be pretty unforgiving. Just food for thought...
I am literally sick to my stomach thinking of poor 5-year-old JoyAnna, as well as all the other sisters. I hope they weren't just "mandated" to forgive because, as Saint JimBob would say in his legalistic way, "Christians forgive! Now forgive your brother!" I hope they were given the opportunity to be angry, afraid, etc.
Sadly, maybe this explains that "ministry video" from Ben that had Jinger crying and saying what a bad person/Christian she had been...could it have been her? Did she/or was she made to feel that it was her fault if it was, indeed her? One,, being human out here, can only speculate and ask the questions that we all would like to hear the answers to...they Duggars, yes, have defrauded their entire audience themselves and from within....they profess not to be "perfect" yet they parade their perfectly Christian lifestyle to us all and make US feel sinful if we wear tasteful shorts or pants.....go figure!!They DO need to be interviewed by Barbara Walters or Diane Sawyer...heck, stick Rosie O'Donnell on them too! That's an interview I would watch.
There's no way Anna's dad would let his daughter marry Josh if knew the whole story. We all know that the courting couples do not have opportunities for private discussions. If Josh did tell Anna anything about this issue, it would have been right in front of everyone -- including his sisters. The skeletons are starting to fall out of the Duggars' closets. The plotlines of this "reality" show are so manipulated it's not even funny anymore. Remember JB giving Josh "the talk" right before Josh & Anna's wedding as though Josh is a complete innocent and knows nothing about sex and the female body.
Tlc have cancelled the show. Thank the lord.
It seems TLC has pulled 19K&C. Is it permanent? I feel so bad for the girls. Not only that, but the gravy train may have just left the station. What about all those kids left? Anna's expecting M4 and now has no source of income. Does Jim Boob have enough to support everyone? I can't even imagine the sh**storm this has unleashed! Anna should flee to her family, Josh should be kicked to the curb (jail - but I understand this won't happen?), and the rest of the D's should back out of the spotlight and get some REAL counseling.
According to several news outlets TLC has pulled reruns of 19 Kids and Counting for the time being.
RE: Comment about: Think about the victims & how this will impact them. I believe very well intentioned people on this board are doing exactly that. Nowhere has there even been anything mentioned about the victims receiving any counseling. I don't care if it was an anonymous letter, someone "out to get the Duggars." If there was nothing there this would not be happening. It has now been examined & Josh himself has admitted to molesting these girls. It's not too late for someone to help these victims, but it cannot come from within the Duggar household, it needs to be outside counseling from a professional, which the Duggars don't believe in. You cannot pray this type of thing away.
This isn't just a case of a teen and his same-age girlfriend making out, etc. This guy MOLESTED HIS YOUNGER SISTERS while they were sleeping!!!!!! Read the report. This is a huge deal, and very, very serious. I'm not sure what the recidivism (going back to the same criminal action) rate is for these particular actions, but WOW!
From Michelle Duggar robocalls:
“I don’t believe the citizens of Fayetteville would want males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas that are reserved for women and girls,” said Duggar. “I doubt that Fayetteville parents would stand for a law that would endanger their daughters or allow them to be traumatized by a man joining them in their private space.”
I guess this "endanger their daughters" "traumatized by man joining them in their private space" clearly does NOT apply to their own home, and their own daughters. How incredibly sad is that???
Pam...Apparently they've pulled "19 Kids & Counting" from the schedule, but haven't made any decisions about the long-term future of the show. I suppose it was such a quick decision that they haven't had time to update various TV listings with cable companies, TV Guide, etc. Glad they've replaced it with one of the only quality shows on the network, too! I'm so ready to see "The Little Couple" come back with new episodes next week! *LOL* And as much as it pains me, I have to sort of side with Mama June on this one! Pull the Duggars permanently and bring the gravy train to a halt! As much as the leghumpers might want to try, there's just no defending or coming back from this!
Article about the founder of the facility Josh went to for "treatment":
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3093250/Faith-healing-clinic-Josh-Duggar-sought-treatment-repeatedly-molesting-young-girls-founder-resigned-accusations-sexually-harassed-teenagers.html
The TLC production crew became much too close to the family they were filming. In my opinion, this is partly to blame for their inability to show this cult for what it is. I cannot believe that they did not know of this coverup. It is their job to research and know their subjects.
Just remember the scenes where Jim Bob laughs and makes sexual remarks and picks up Michelle, dry humps her and says "hey, hey, hey in front of his daughters (victims).
Just remember Josh bragging that he saved his first kiss for marriage.
Just remember all of those lectures on why the girls must dress modestly.
I wonder if Marjorie will jump ship since TLC miget cancel the show and she won't be on tv.....
This is a terrible thing that has happen to the Duggar girls. I am glad the show got off the air. But now what? How will we know what happen to the girls? Will Jana move on ? What about Josiah will he get to continue his courtship? Or will the girls family pull away? I feel sorry for the little ones who were attached to the TLC Tv crew; Who is going to pay attention to them now? People !!! This is really ugly!!!
Now, isn't it time for the IBLP to take a step back and realize that their "Biblical" attitude toward women and sex is not working? Even before the Josh mess, and before the Bill Gothard abuse charges, they were treating women like animals.
If some unrelated male had touched the Duggar girls, would JB have waited a year to report it? I think not!
I never felt Michelle was the saint portrayed on TV nor obviously a hands-on mother BUT not to be her daughter's strongest advocate when they were victims of sexual molestation is beyond words. These girls should have received therapy at the time of the incident(s) & witnessed the lawful treatment & punishment of their brother for his behavior. Period.
One thing I've become sure of the past couple of days is that if I leave the house, have company, or have someone here to do something, Duggar news will break!
For those of you only showing up because of the Duggar news, please be aware we have some rules here. Among them are no bad language, no anonymous replies, and not blatantly attacking each other.
MSNBC just reported on air that TLC has pulled the show. Game over, Duggars. Wolves in sheep's clothing.
I not only feel sorry for the girls he molested, but all the kids, we learned that J&B spank those kids with a rod, my fear they will blame them all for this and losing their show. I pray CPS goes to the house to make sure the kids are ok.
Just saw where TLC is pulling the plug, at least for now, on the Duggars. All I can say is, "Thank Goodness!" I have always had an issue with the way they promote their holier than thou lifestyle. This just goes beyond that! I have a real problem with the way that the parents swept it under the rug. I mean, seriously, you aren't allowed to kiss or engage in frontal hugs, but it is okay for a brother to molest his sisters?! Not okay, ever, regardless of age! I wonder if his sisters and the rest of the family can so quickly forgive Josh, and his parents, for totally derailing the TLC gravy train!
Sharla, maybe you stay home and lock the doors for a few days! I'm sure the Duggars would appreciate it.
celestialangie said:
"How will we know what happens to the girls? Will Jana move on? What about Josiah will he get to continue his courtship? Or will the girls family pull away?"
It's none of our business so whatever "happens" will be only their business which is how it should be. If Jana or Josiah want to share publicly any of their "news" it will be up to them. Once they are off the air the public will no longer be given a free pass to "peek" into the home life of Jill & Derrick, Jessa & Ben, etc. They will have the same privacy rights as you and I.
K yes lets hid sex abuse 4 of his victims were his sisters who were 11,10,9,5. You can go look and see who they are the oldest girl was not one.. But I am sure that MOM and Dad blame them after all this is the Golden boy. Just because its the Duggars we should keep quite, I wonder if it was a black family or another family we all know. These people are frauds. My heart breaks for the girl members of this family. Who knows what happens in that house . I guess that 5 th girl has ruined thier empire. Shame on you for defending them. I think it is worth noting that Jim Bob made sure the statue of limitition had run out before he turned Josh in.. I worry about his children
"Me thinks thou doth protest too much." Shakespeare was right. it's been my experience that most often it is they, who are showiest in their piety are actually the most twisted people any of us will ever meet. that is why "Conservative Family Values" has become a red flag to me.
so, the reported events occurred while the female Duggarettes were still full-on in their Fundilicious Frumpers, begging the question, "how effective was all that Duggar constant emphasis on their female modesty?" CLEARLY, a woman and her attire are NOT to blame when males fail to control their own sexual behavior. But the rest of us normal (read 'sinner') already knew that. In the Duggar household, their weird "Nike!" SHOULD've been code for, "Help! he's molesting me again!"
while the Duggars go SO FAR out of their way (including their questionable home schooling for all, the entire way to that esteemed G.E.D.) to insulate their precious blessings from the rest of us, aka The Sinful, it is their very own under their very Fundie roof, who committed acts most of the rest of us unholiness would never perpetrating.
while Michelle Duggar was eyeing out those public, on camera tears for a decades-ago miscarriage and more recently while protesting the sale of alcohol, she SHOULD'VE been crying REAL tears for the females her son molested, including her own daughters (double, triple ICK, even for Walmart/Jesus Land).
also wondering how failure to pay one's taxes qualifies as ethical. wasn't it Jesus who said, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's"?
and how dare the righteous Family "Research" Council
Continue to demonize gay and abortion rights while a pedophile was hired. do they not vet job candidates for theirs, such a holy endeavor??
and TLC: why do you continue to pay and promote an unrelenting line up of sickos: Toddlers in Tiaras, Honey Boo Boo, Duck Dynasty, Kate Gosselin, The Duggars?
In closing, one final generalization: "Where there is smoke, there is fire." the weird Duggars have always completely over emphasized all things sexual (archaic and asinine courtship, first kiss at the altar, obsession to prevent 'giving away pieces of one's heart, NOL LO PANTELONES for the Christian the women folk, daughters wearing their long, 1980's bad perm poodle 'do "BECAUSE DADDY LIKES IT THIS WAY" (another double, triple, quadruple ICK), and The Patriarch, that 'strong male moral leader', who continuously speaks and behaves in sexually inappropriate wats (recall his miniature golf hornyness proudly on display). I agree with a previous poster that there is likely far more darkness to this family that they will ever admit, despite being paid handsomely for their self portrayal as the absolute measure of all things moral.
perhaps TLC will permanently pull the plug on the whole Duggar Debacle/Farce. time for The Patriarch and his adoring wife to join us sinners in the real world and get themselves a REAL jobbie job.
I live in the same county as the Duggar family, and have had some exposure to similar evangelical/fundamentalist families. In fact, some of the folks with whom I've crossed paths over the years are direct friends of Jim Boob.
First, I have found that these radical church groups are very welcoming to sexual deviates. Sexual crime perpetrators love to exalt their religion as their "saving grace" and become extremely vocal holy rollers. I'm certainly not diminishing the role of religion in sexual crime recovery, but it's worth pointing out that it's a pattern to find these types in extreme christian groups. Fellow church goers also revere themselves for being so accepting to such a (previously) morally deranged person, as it is evidence of God's work and power of forgiveness. They are proud to allow a "reformed molester" to stay in their home and be around little children.
Also, I've heard these Arkansas evangelicals lay blame to the juvenile victims of molestation. I remember so clearly hearing a woman defend a fellow church member (who had served time for sex crimes) by claiming that the little girl victim had been pointing at said molester's genital area asking "what's that?" So, he showed her! As if the poor molester had no choice but to whip it out, show her, and show her what he could do with it.
So, it's not uncommon (here in Arkansas) for sex crimes to be easily excused, rationalized and justified. I do hope Josh's victims find some sort of salvation and comfort in the fact that he has been exposed. His punishment has finally begun.
Oh, is this why right after their wedding Josh conveniently got a job in Washington DC, away from his family? I suppose an incident from ten years ago has been dealt with and Joshie has learned his lesson. I really feel for the Duggar mob and Anna's kids. Now we'll see how Jill and Jessa do with their bundles of joy.
And, I might add...Remember around the time of Ben and Jessa's wedding, at least a couple times, Jinger became emotional and brought up how Jessa had been there for her through hard times? I think a lot of us sort of wondered what she was talking about, but all this coming to light makes that pretty clear, doesn't it?
Celestrialangie,I was thinking the same thing. At first I was annoyed that the show went on for so long and they got so much fame. But now I'm glad, because if they never got a show and that fame, this would have never come to light and probably he would still be going on molesting because JB would have no motive to stop it (no show at stake to be worried about.)
I hope this scandal will cause CPS to do a thorough examination into Duggars. This is deeper than Josh. This smells bad to me.
I tried looking for the law in Arkansas for what Josh could have received at 14 and could find nothing. Does anybody know what age that Josh could have been sent to serve time for this? I googled and just had West Virginia law say the don't start sentencing until 15 but that article was from 2007. I can't believe Josh not get some kind of sentence when the cops got involved but maybe because of his young age he could not get "juvee hall" as it is known in my town.
Last I read Tlc has only pulled re run. I bet the keep it on minus Josh.
The police have destroyed the record of Josh but its out there on internet. I wonder how much Jim Bob paid for that.
there were only five girls in family the oldest was 12 she was not touched. But Josh still says to her tattle tale. I am glad she is out of the companded
Mary
My Hope for the Duggars:
I hope the family can reflect honestly during this time, now that the show is on hiatus. I hope the sisters who were hurt get therapy, if that is what they choose. I hope Anna doesn't do anything foolish regarding herself or her children as a result of being humiliated publicly. I hope Derrick and Ben stand by their wives. I hope the adult children use this time to honestly think about what they want in life, it is never too late to be who you are.
I can't believe I sat up so late last night arguing on FB with devout Duggar fans over what Josh did. They act like its no big deal and who cares?! Some of them outright refuse to believe it. I just feel for those girls in that family!
anna did know before she married Josh on what happened according to people he confesued to her what happened. it was ten years ago. people do changed and i beleive he has changed and repented of it. I also beleive that the duggars need to talk openly about this with their children about sex so they know and understand their body and feeling so this would not happen again. this also show how uninvolived Jim bod and Michele are in their children lives.
Dear Duggars,
Please spare us any further public redemption stories. Your claim that this situation drew you closer to God" and the pitch about Josh being courageous for asking forgiveness and getting his life back on track with a humbled spirit - SPARE US. No more episodes, interviews, books about how Satan caused Josh to sin and that God used this experience to draw you closer - SPARE US. Just take Kate Gosselin with you and permanently disappear. Live on your dump-tastic compound away from us sinners and please,forevermore, STHU. we're now onto what goes on in those ridiculous Duggar prayer closets.
I do not believe for one millisecond that Anna AND her parents knew any of this before this very week. What parent lets their daughter marry a man who molested his sisters...none, because they did not know, period!
Post a Comment