Free Discussion, September, 2015

Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!

Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles.  Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.  I've had to reject several comments lately due to quoting issues.

462 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 400 of 462   Newer›   Newest»
Living in Indy said...

Ok here we go again... Today on another blog, I learned Jill is in training to become a midwife. Sorry had to laugh. During 19 Kids, JB & M often remarked that Jill was a midwife? The Duggars continue the contradiction, deception & lies. Do these people have no conscience, do they not know right from wrong? This Gothard Cult really cut deep within the souks of these ignorant folks. Geez!

Meme said...

SHAME ON ME, Ramona! I so apologize for (unintentionally) doing that - and I am usually the one complaining about people labeling my child, as I only have the one! Gonna change my name to "red face."

Chelsea said...

This is the best sum up article about IBLP, Gothard, the Duggars and Bateses ties to it, etc.
Really long read but please go read and share!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/theslice/duggars-bill-gothard-iblp

Anne said...

Where is Josh living now? Is he with Anna and their kids? Someone brought up braces. I think Derrick is wearing braces but Jill had them a few years ago as well as some of the other Duggar kids.

lucy said...

new update on jilly muffin. she is going to become a fully midwife by just going to take a test. sorry that is not going to cut it. she needs schooling to do it. everyone is prasiing her. don't people know how much schooling you need or are they just so dumb.

coleen said...

MD's Parents magazine article that started it all.

http://www.parents.com/parenting/better-parenting/style/raising-14-kids/

Willow said...

Confused in Germany - Good point, I agree!!

Auggie said...

Jill & Derrick have posted an update on their 'mission' work. They're back in the US for a month. (nice vacation) They have been studying language and Jill has also been working on her midwifery training. Couldn't they have been doing this in the US? I'm sure there is a local dialect, but that learning could be done once they've got the basic language learned.....at home.

Re the Gothard cult. The only reason I can see someone who wasn't raised in the cult signing up for it, is because it works for them personally. ie - insecure or abusive men. For anyone questioning why the older girls don't escape and get jobs, they've been raised to believe that everything that is wrong in the world today; wars, abuse, etc stems from women in the workforce and not at home. More brainwashing, but it's working!

lucy said...

that article was written before the tv show was on the air. it does tell a lot about the family that the show never said they have a person come in and do their landury hope they paid her. they were more humble back then now they have become very proud. even after all this happen with their son.

Mama in NC said...

I hope that Lawson Bates is not courting Jinger, as Amy wedding pictures might indicate. If there is a Duggar Bates courtship, it would be highlighted on the Bates show and Jimbob would be trying to be controlLing of the situation.
Also, why would Bates want to get involved with Duggar family? I know it is not Jinger or Jana fault but this situation could implode with Boob and Mullet not allowing Lawson and Jinger freedom to make their own rules as Gil and Kelly have done.
I hope Lawson came just as a friend, but it is looking suspect

Katie's Mom said...

Can anyone tell me why Jill married, gave birth 9 months later & then left the USA to go to EL Salvador to study midwifery as well as becoming fluent in Spanish? And yes by the way, to be a missionary to the very poor who need to be converted, much more than feed or given medical treatment. Duggar/Dillards wives are not supposed to work outside the home. None of the women that studied under the Midwife that had her license pulled are midwives. They haven't completed their studies or their practical work. Also why didn't Jill learn some basic Spanish during the 9 months she was sitting around awaiting the birth of Israel? Meanwhile they are making costly plane trips back & forth between the USA & EL Salvador for family gatherings, weddings, filming their ridiculous & very brief part in the Documentary: Breaking the Silence. As a child, I was always taught when I did something wrong, that when I knew better, I would do better. This has not happened with Jill & Derick

Leigh Ann said...

This is the sentence I always remember from that story:

" We're saving for our children's education, but we figure only some will want to go to college. Others might go into the ministry or learn a trade. "

So where's that money they've been saving for education? They've clearly changed their mind about college since then. No one has learned a trade, either. They've all learned a few carpentry skills from their various family projects but that appears to be about it. Josh was the only one with an actual paying job and he only got that because the organization needed a public face. We know he wasn't qualified. He didn't really do all that much with his car lots and he wasn't given a choice about that -- probably why he never got into it. Which one is it that's the constable? If he wants to be in law enforcement he ought to be able to go to police academy or to college and get a degree in criminal justice. I wonder what would have happened if the TV show hadn't come along, it seems like they've gotten worse since they've had to keep up this public "holier than thou" act.

lucy said...

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutADH/RulesRegs/LayMidwifery.pdf

these are the rules for becoming a midwife in the state which the duggars live in? reading these i would never trust a midwife to delivery my child. no wonder they could these midwives have only basic training without any doctors or real nurses. what is something happens to you. they cannot even give you real drugs.

Concerned Teacher said...

Uh, huh. Jill was going to be a nurse, then her parents talked her out of it. Then she was going to be a midwife at the lowest possible level. That was five years ago. She could have graduated from a four-year college with a nursing degree by now, including the extra year of remedial classes she would have needed. I will believe Jill being a licensed midwife when I see it.

Come to think of it. . . Josh was going to be a lawyer. Jinger was going to move to a big city, possibly as a photographer. It makes me sad that Michelle and Jim Bob crush the dreams of their children because they have such a narrow view of Godly vocations. My side of the family are fundamentalists, and I often say that they have "a low tolerance for fun." If you are following the desires of your heart or having fun, they think it must be sinful.

jessicac said...

That Parents magazine article made me so sad. The older girls were literally acting as mothers by the age of 10 or 12. Maybe even younger. Michelle didn't raise a big family, her daughters did. I wish people would call her out on that. Publicly, I mean.

Meme said...

Wow, looking back on some of these early pics of Michelle is strange - the bib dresses and curlyque hair. I remember when the big house was being built and the designer lady was brought in. The woman was TRYING to have a serious conversation with Michelle and Jim Bob. As they were standing and talking, the contrast between the 2 women was noticeable, Michelle was so childish. But then, I have never known Michelle to have close friendships with adults, other than JBob. I know that she claims Cindy as a friend. But I get the idea that it's just for show. Whenever Cindy has tried to talk about high school, for example, I get the idea that Michelle would rather skip it or forget about it altogether. How in the world does a woman go from wearing a bikini to wearing matching sailor suits with her little girls?

Missy said...

I was thinking that with the lack of formal education could the duggar children even pass a basic entrance exam to be accepted into a junior college or university? It is just so sad.

Dee said...

I would love to know exactly what kind of training Jill is getting to be a midwife. I know that one can be a direct entry midwife without necessarily having a degree, but I sure would want as much education as possible if was dealing with women and their babies. Knowing how to listen to a baby's heartbeat and take vitals on a pregnant woman doesn't constitute being a fully prepared midwife. Things can go very wrong really quickly and knowing what to do about that is imperative.
I was surprised at how Jill ultimately handled Israel's birth. She seemed almost dangerously overdue and labored for so long. There just seems to be some sort of disconnect there.
If I were expecting, I would not want Jill helping me.

Cedric said...

Missy, good question. My response is No the Duggar Kids could not get into a junior or community college. I base this assessment on their lack of communication, poor use of grammar, lack of vocabulary, serious lack of history. Re history Jessa as an example. At one time Josh expressed that he wanted to go to law school. Is Josh really that clueless as to the requirements in gaining entrance into law school. First earn a Bachelors degree, Secind take the LSAT, Third submit LSAT scores along with transcript from four years of college, application to several law schools & wait to learn if accepted. Josh Never Earned a four year College Degree. A GED & then applying to a law school will not cut the mustard. Is Josh really this Daft?

KimmieH said...

At one time on TV, African American universities or the organization supporting African American universities, released this statement " A mind is a terrible thing to waste". This statement is very impactful & absolute True. This statement applies to everyone. However, the Duggars believe in wasting the intelligence of their children. They purposely & foolishly chose this way of raising their Children because it was one if the points established by the creepy Gothard Cult. Gothard decided that to control the members of his Cult, Limiting Education was one way to accomplish his objective. I cannot stand Gothard.

Stella said...

IMO Lawson Bates likes Lawson Bates too much to be in a courtship.His ego is a tad to big at the moment.

I agree with Mama in NC hoping Lawson was only at the wedding as invitees but not a ploy to start something with one of the girls.

janet said...

Was watching some old episodes where Josh down to Jinger got their wisdom teeth removed. He was working at the car lot then. In his private clips at the carlot, he kept putting himself down about losing whatever wisdom he had left, he was scared about the pain and saying he would probably have the hardest time with the procedure. It was pretty candid thoughts, for a reality show. Another clip showed Anna talking about caring for him for 3 to 5 days. Cut to Jim Bob saying Josh likely have the biggest problem.

I think Josh was never fully forgiven at this point in time. He seemed to have very little self esteem. I think the FRC job really changed that for him and Jim Bob and the rest were proud of Josh. His job provide a lot of exposure for the whole family. The move to DC was good for Josh in that way. But inside I think he was wrestling demons of inferiority and a sex addiction.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think Jim Bob failed him miserably. I don't know if different treatment would have made a difference but Josh's life is ruined. His "wrong doing" ruined his family's source of income and the shame that Josh must be feeling is immense.

The only way Josh is going to make money again is if he does a sit down interview with a real journalist a tell it all. Sort of what Bruce Jenner did with Diane Sawyer.

Janet

coleen said...

MD's kids wished her a Happy Birthday with videos. Yea! I believe that Jessa has officially taken over Josh's spot in the family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=15&v=3Kk5Hm0hMU8

coleen said...

Per: "Missy said...
I was thinking that with the lack of formal education could the duggar children even pass a basic entrance exam to be accepted into a junior college or university? It is just so sad.

9/13/2015 7:14 AM"

A lot of junior/community colleges have depts. just for homeschool kids. They help them with any entrance exams.

Aunt Bea said...

I'd like to see those kids pass final exams from a public high school. Their education is severely lacking. It will show up sooner or later. The only reason Jill WAS doing better is because Derick WENT to real school and graduated from a real university...had a good job. Idiot, gave it up.
Joshie, there, before the "issues hit the fan" had that job in DC because of the TV show, plain and simple, but he wouldn't have had it long term. I believe it was contingent on the TV show being popular.
Forget Jessa and her financial future with Ben so far....
The older boys are doing "ok" only because they live at home and whatever money they earn is theirs and they don't have any real expenses on top of that.
They Duggar children have been shortchanged by their parents all the way around.

Brittany said...

How old is Meredith? About 2 months? If Josh is going to be away for the next six months until next February or March Meredith will be 7 or 8 months old by then and at that point age she'll be able to recognize Anna as a parent but will have no idea who Josh is. Hopefully Josh will learn what is selfish actions cost him. His youngest child not knowing him and he has nobody to blame but himself.

cat said...

Why would a Bates want to court a Duggar? Because they are the same family, same mindset, the batrs just seem a bit more loving.

Nana8 said...

Please don't think that I am defending the Duggars (I most certainly am not!) but I think that the jury is still out on the depth of their learning. I don't care for their curriculum /brainwashing but some kids will rise above poor teaching to find their own way.

Nana8 said...

Missy, I could be wrong here as I've not researched but I am under the impression that most community colleges will take just about anyone until each class fills up. These schools provide a leg up to individuals who might otherwise feel too overwhelmed at the change.

Andrea said...

Gosh those Happy Birthday wishes fealt totally flat and cold, kind of like how Michelle treats her children. The whole group is just too creepy. I wonder why none of the younger children spoke to wish Michelle Happy Birthday. Very telling.

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

An entrance exam is still required for a community college.They don't just accept anyone,esp. programs like nursing/health programs/preengineering and such.
They do work with those who don't pass though,with classes and refresher courses

Heart in Florida said...

I totally agree with you, Girlfriend. I, too, remember Jill saying that she was giving up her midwife studies to concentrate on her own family...we all saw just how focused she was on them after meeting derickdillard, didn't we? I bet that girl didn't look at one paragraph on midwifery one second after that first Skype call...How can she now catch up and surpass her previous standing so fast? Nothing about this and what they have been doing is adding up to me. They have some 'splainin to do, Lucy!

Sharon M said...

About the Dillards returning to the states so often-

My sister was a missionary in Indonesia for 8 years. Before she left, she traveled around and requested support from both individuals and churches. She had to have 85% of her support raised before she could leave the US. During her time raising support she studied the language. Over the years my parents supported many missionaries, who were sent into the field by many different organizations. They all operated pretty much the same way. Asking for support is not unusual for most Christians- leaving to go to the country before you are almost supported, is unusual.

I have a HUGE problem with the Dillards returning to the US two or three times. I have never, ever heard of this. Most mission-sending organizations require you commit to 2-4 years in the field, without returning to the US until you have fulfilled your term. Most missionaries stay in their country for 4 years, then return to the US to travel for a year. The travel includes missionary conferences in churches and visits to supporting and prospective churches. I know of women who had problem pregnancies while in the field, and they were sent to the nearest large city for medical care, but they were not sent home. They wanted the missionaries to think of the country they were going to live is as "home". That includes immersing yourself in the culture, and to think that this is now your home. It is not an easy life and needs to be entered into after accessing your fitness for such a life (and to make sure you are there for the right reasons, and not running away from something). I see the Dillard's commitment to "being missionaries" as I see the Seewald's "adoption" talk. They throw it out there because it sounds good and makes you sound committed to a cause. However, you never really know how much work it takes and how much is involved in the process unless you research it to see if it is feasible for your situation. I see Jill and Jessa saying "I want to be a missionary" or "I want to adopt children" without knowing that you just can't snap your fingers and make it so. Remember when Jessa and Ben announced they were going to file to adopt, then discovered they were not old enough or had been married long enough to adopt? Same with Jill and Derick. They needed to get away, and presto, they pick up and go to Central America. It was not well thought out or planned. So, how's that workin' for ya????

JeannieBean said...

Re Sharon M comments regarding a missionary's 2-4 commitment in the field without returning until fulfilling the term.

Hmmmm. When we first "met" Derick Dillard he was living in Nepal doing mission work. I could be wrong on this but wasn't it a 2 year mission he was serving? We watched JB and Jill take that TLC sponsored trip to Nepal so that Jill could finally "meet" that special someone that she'd already fallen in love with. When JB and Jill (and the TLC camera crew) returned to the U.S. Derick did not return with them because he still had a couple of months left to fulfill his mission term. Remember the Duggars all had to show up at the airport and horn in to welcome Derick back a couple of months after the Nepal episodes? So how are these so-called missionaries now able to drop their field work so easily to fly home for a few days for unnecessary TLC filming and to attend the wedding of a family friend, then fly all the way back to El Salvador to go to language school for what was it?...3 weeks maybe? Then fly all the way back to the states to attend a cousin's wedding and stay a month to take care of some things? It sure doesn't sound like much of a serious commitment to me. Seriously, what kind of mission group would take them on to begin with?

Anonymous said...

Guys, there's an easy explanation for the Dillard's mission work mysteries: it's not real mission work. What they're doing is "religious tourism." It's very expensive. Anyone can pay a "donation" to a "ministry" like SOS, and essentially take an exotic vacation while gettin some good ol community service time logged by hanging out at orphanages, performing in plays (ahem,) etc. Derrick did real mission work, so he knows what he and Jill are doing is just a cover to solicit donations for their parents. Dumb Bob told them to take some time off from the stress of the Josh thing (Jill was probably freaking out) by doing some work with SOS, and why not go to El Salvador, since they have contacts there. And, hey, ask the dummy fans for "donations" since they'll do anything you say (have you read the DuggarFamilyBlog? The most deluded thing ever). He ordered Derick and Jill to do this, and heaven forbid you cross Booby. Now they're scrambling for excuses to have to come home since Jill actually doesn't want to be there--she's away from her family. They're really in a big ol Pickle, now aren't they??

roddma said...

"Why would a Bates want to court a Duggar? Because they are the same family, same mindset, the batrs just seem a bit more loving."
Exactly. I don't think Gil and Kelly 'allow' freedom, and the only reason they would is because they aren't as well off financially. It just happened. Alyssa is only wearing pant because she left home. I read elsewhere Zach was enrolled in some law enforcement training at Whitney's encouragement. IMO That would have never happened living at home. Also, I read a perfect description of the Bateses another forum. The Duggars are like the creepy castle you know to avoid. The Bateses are an attractive gingerbread house with a witch inside waiting to cook you. The Duggars used to to be the gingerbread house.

zebra crossing said...

I agree with the posts about raising funds BEFORE you go to the mission field. MAYBE we missed something in the shows that were filmed but never shown??? Maybe there was some explanation during one of those 'lost' episodes. BUT still, even if they announced to their family they were keen to go...why rush? A LOT of questions that need answers.

Lizzyb said...

I know many are critical about the Dillards and their missionary work ( and they are not my favorite people and I have my own criticisms as well), but at least they are doing SOMETHING! There are at least 6-7 other Duggars over the age of 18 and what are they doing with their lives? Except for Jessa who is married, the other adult girls are living at home apparently doing NOTHING! No education, no job training, nothing. I find this very sad but at the same time I am annoyed at each one of them, even Jana. I want to shout at her to leave quickly and make her own life! Her 20's are slipping away and she is nothing but a glorified babysitter for Michelle. It is never too late to get an education or other job training. I think they have been trained to lead this very unstructured lifestyle- get up when you want, do what you want each day. This leads to lack of ambition/motivation, etc. I am starting to have no pity for them at all. We all make our own choices once we are adults.

Heart in Florida said...

JeannieBean: You hit the nail EXACTLY on the head with your post 9/14/15 @9?17pm. It is my serious suggestion that you forward these questions and issues to the Duggar and Dillard families to directly respond to. They are quite valid and fair..

Sharla said...

I allowed a slight mention, but we do not discuss fan blogs here.

Syndee said...

I agree that the ones still at home are doing even less than Jill (hard as that is to do...). Can't they at least learn more domestic skills, like growing their own gardens, canning foods, woodworking, all those prairie skills? Or just tending to animals, horses, cows or sheep, or if there's not enough room, then just chickens. I never even saw a pet dog there. You can't compare them to Amish, because those people sew their own clothes, do all their farming, etc. And they do it all without energy. You see the Amish farms near where I live, there are no tractors, it's all horses. The Duggars wouldn't survive.

Also about Jill, how long does it take to learn a language to more than conversation level? At least a year or two, even with immersion, so they will do nothing for those 12-24 months?

Judy said...

Where I live, anyone can go to community college if they have a GED.

Chloe said...

Last Sun night I watched the Miss America competition.Miss Georgia won the title & a $50K scholarship. The remaining contestants also won scholarships of a lesser amount . those young ladies very smart & accomplished. theni thought of the older Duggar girls. Had each one been provided an credible education they may have desired to go to college. With a sound education, &. With the exception of Jill, any one of these older Duggar girls could have competed in the Miss America system. Many of the women who have or are still competing in the MA system often graduate college debt free. I think that's incredible.

Auggie said...

My take on the Dillard's mission work: Before the show was cancelled there were trailers for the next season. Jill & Derrick had a big announcement and JB said it was a big step for the two of them. I suspect that a mission trip, with TLC filming & paying was the plan. When that got derailed, 'the opportunity that came up' for the Dillard's was the information that they could create a business and solicit financial support from the naïve and still have their mission trip. What kind of a mission allows multiple travels to the home country? Possibly a Gothard mission trip on the back of SOS.

Totally unrelated point, does anyone remember the final Duggar show - the whole family being interviewed? At the interviewer's prompting, Josh made some comment about maybe there was another courtship in the works. Jana & Jinger seemed (could have been edited)to give Josh the evil eye. Maybe there was a pending courtship for Jinger who didn't want to announce anything at that time. Maybe there is something with Jinger and the Bates boy. I believe another writer stated that a couple of the Bates boys were spending time with the Duggars as positive role models for Anna's kids, (or Gothard muscle to keep Anna from running). But maybe this was also about the Bates boys spending time with the Duggar girls. Just a thought.

Auggie said...

Hi Lizzyb, in reply to you comment about all of those adult Duggars doing nothing. Jana, Jinger and Joyanna are taking care of the little kids and running the household; cooking, laundry, home schooling, etc. The older boys are 'working for their Dad' which means all the outside work and cleaning the rental properties, etc. My question is, what the heck are Jim Bob and Michelle doing all day?

Cedric said...

LizzyB, I think Jana is too brainwashed to realize that she could actually have a life outside of the Duggar Githard Cult. I think Jan is imprisoned for life & will always be the Cinderella, Maid, Cook, Teacher & permanent Babysiter to not only her younger siblings but too her nieces & nephews. Jana is a perfect example of a life taken or wasted. It's sad however Jana doesn't know any better.

Elspeth said...

Our community colleges admit all students over a certain age without admission tests. However, placement tests are required of most students and remedial classes are abundantly available.

GF Baker said...

Anonymous Auggie said...
"My question is, what the heck are Jim Bob and Michelle doing all day?"

9/15/2015 1:02 PM



ROFL! I can't even type what I thought when I saw this question. LOL

Now, back to our comments. :)

cat said...

I remember an episode where Michelle and one of the older daughters were leaving, I think it was to visit josie in the hospital in little rock, one of the little girls, i think jenny, was crying and trying to grab her sister-mom, not Michelle. Very sad...

cat said...

I have seen the GED test, with the lack of real schooling, I can't see any of them passing, it is a very hard test. We now know the Duggars to lie, so we dont know the truth as nobody has real jobs and so who really knows!

Auggie said...

GF Baker,
lol. You're probably thinking what I'm thinking. Michelle is doing the one thing that only a wife can do and JB is being JB.

Meme said...

Isn't it odd that the Duggars seem unable to have low-key birthday parties? Always something over-the-top, like videos for Michelle. Can't they ever do these celebrations privately? They are apparently the only people to have birthdays, enormous weddings, give birth or post selfies for all the fans who would just DIE without them. They have no idea how crazy they look. Michelle has no interest in her children, yet she's a hero, a role model and MOTY on her birthday.

northern lady said...

What's with all this "ministry" crap. Is it a southern tradition. I'm from the north and walk dogs for a living. I call it my job. My friend in the Deep South calls it my "ministry!" Everthing is a "ministry" to her, from being a nurse to an acrobat! Sheeez!

GF Baker said...

Is Jill expecting #2? She looks fuller than when they left for Central America. Also I just read a People article that is questioning the funding of their 'vacation' so soon after going to Central America.

Sindy said...

Derick just tweeted to watch for an announcement soon from the Dillard Family....oh boy oh boy...or girl....?

Katie's Mom said...

No matter how you feel about Anna Duggar, all I can think of, is that girl in labor with Michael. Now with this all coming out about Josh, I wish she had taken her cell phone, & gone into the bathroom by herself,saying she needed privacy, and called 911 & got an ambulance for herself, instead of continuing on with the agony she was in. Of course then we would have missed seeing & hearing Josh announcing, "I'm a DAD!" Completely forgetting that he was already a dad to MacKenzie.I know it's just another pipe dream, but no woman should go through what she went thru with Michael's labor & birth. All the while, Michelle saying Anna would be delivering within the next 10 minutes or so. Then after 18 hours or more, the 10 minutes came to pass!

Ellyn said...

Oh joy,Yawn!! Another pregnancy we will be forced to live with. The pregnancy game Jill & Jessa play in that they project they are the only women on earth capable of giving birth. Please let the pushing out of the belly as far as they can game begin. These people breed like rabbits. BORING!!!

Andrea said...

Here is what Derick wrote on twitter: "Exciting things are happening in our family. Keep a watch for an announcement coming soon to http://dillardfamily.com"

If she's pregnant I just pity her. She is her mother all over that's for sure. She doesn't understand enjoying the babies that you have before rushing into morning sickness, exhaustion, etc. which come with pregnancy.

Dee said...

I really hope the announcement isn't another pregnancy for Jill. She needs to be careful about getting pregnant after her C-Section with Izzy. She'll end up blowing out her uterus and then she'll be no good to the fundie agenda.

Syndee said...

How can you possibly effectively "minister" as a missionary when you are taking care of two kids under two years old. How can you even take classes all day with a baby at home? That would be like a full time job in a way. Even Michelle complained that with the first 5 she was ready to crack, then she had her epiphany.

gen said...

Maybe Derick got himself a job. Now wouldn't that be a nice change of pace...

frances said...

If she's pregnant I won't pity her. I will feel very sorry for the baby she brings into the world. Especially if she behaves like her mother.

TotallyANanny said...

I hope this is ok to post here (I'm ok if it gets deleted).

It looks like Bill Gothard posted on FB and lots of people are coming forward with molestation accusations. http://gawker.com/duggar-homeschool-leaders-facebook-page-bombarded-with-1731689492

Virginia said...

No pregnancy announcement.

Andrea said...

For anyone interested I believe this is the exam Jill wrote:

http://narm.org/testing/testing-faq/

The governing body of the organization is North American Registry of Midwives and more information can be found here:

http://narm.org/certification/how-to-become-a-cpm/

MelodyJ said...

An article on yahoo says that allegedly Jill Dillard has passed a comprehensive seven hour exam and now is a certified professional midwife. https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/jill-duggar-gets-certified-professional-midwife-intense-exam-234140018-us-weekly.html

Just Plain Offended said...

Only the ego-inflated Dug Dills make an exciting announcement that they'll be making an exciting announcement. Talk about playing to the media for attention. I think this is the definition of "fame whoring." Derrick, you are as much a disappointment to me as your infamous brother-in-law.

Just once, I'd like to see Jessa's hair in straight braids behind her back instead of whole wad of it tossed "casually" in front of her shoulder, curling around her you-what-what. I thought pride was a sin according to the Bible. Oh well, what do I know.

I wonder what would happen at the Duggar compound if one of the girls cut her hair to, say, her chin.

Stella said...


September 18, 2015
Derick Dillard

It’s official; my wife is a midwife! As of Wednesday, September 16, and after the 7-hour comprehensive exam for certified professional midwifes, she is now “Jill Dillard, CPM”.

Rest of the blog statement: http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog


Sindy said...

They will probably wait to announce it until right around Jessa's due date...wouldn't want Jessa to get all the attention now would we???

sandi said...

Re: I wonder what would happen at the Duggar compound if one of the girls cut her hair to, say, her chin.

Jim Bob would force her to say it was due to an accident,and her hair either got caught in something and she had to cut it,or it caught on fire from a heater or hair dryer that blew a gasket.LOL
Either way,having short hair is akin to being assoc. with secular,working women,and we can't have that,now can we

Heart in Florida said...

I'd like to know exactly what Jill's certification allows her to actually do. They don't say, do they? Lack of details is a Duggar/Dillard art form.

Helen Crump said...

Well, I guess that was the exciting announcement derickdillard fore warned us about.
Their words and actions in the past year have been squirrely to say the least. To me, that shows lack of maturity and a chaotic life style on their part.

lucy said...

i know for one she cannot work in a hospital setting and she has no real trainning as a nurse and she only had traning from that lady. if something really bad happen she would not know how to handle it. i think a lot of people go to these kind of mid wife because they do not have insurance and cannot afford hospital births

June Bug said...

After reading Derick's post about Jill becoming a Midwife I say congratulations to you Derick, you have officially become a Duggar, some of his comments sounded like something Jim Bob would write, stupid, stupid, stupid. Your comments about education and sacrifice. First of all exactly what sacrifice did Jill make to become a midwife? Did she work outside the Duggar/Dillard compound while trying to to go to school everyday, you know a real job? Late night studying, after work, Did she spend thousands of dollars (of her own money) on an EDUCATION to become a doctor, nurse, or other medical professionaI ? I don't think so. I'm not clear about what Jill can really do with this certification, Is it valid outside of Arkansas.? Derick makes it sound like Jill studied and sacrificed for years. I don't think Jill or any Duggar knows what sacrifice and struggle really is, at least not when it comes to education or careers . For goodness sake Jill doesn't even have a high school diploma does she? Maybe a Ged, who knows. Yes I'm sure he's proud of his wife, but don't make it sound like your the only people who ever sacrifice or work for anything, we all know that's an ignorant statement considering not many Duggars are even employed. The Duggars have never worked hard at anything, worthwhile.
And his comment about education.....Derick wrote......."its important for us to not just get an education for the sake of getting an education. That is not a true education. The purpose of any educational endeavor, whether primary, secondary, or post-secondary, ought to be to prepare to contribute to society, and for Christians, that means productivity for the Kingdom".....Oh Derick...And how did your accounting degree prove to be productive for the kingdom? How is that going to help you on the mission field while your trying to convert others? The only use I see for that degree now is to crunch the numbers for the questionable funds you continue to beg for. Sorry this post is long but that letter makes my blood boil.

Heart in Florida said...

So, why then did you, derickdillard even bother to attend a real university? Do you NOT VALUE the education you received there, or in grade school, middle or high school? Where would you really be without your "secular" education today? How can Derick's mother allow her son to make such idiotic statements publicly like that? Does she, too, not value her college education? Where would she have been without it due to the unfortunate circumstance of her life and Derick's father?
June Bug said it well here... I agree with her completely and I would like for the Duggar/Dillards to actually give some real information here, with some detail.
Now they'll be saying that Jill is an obstetrician. Fantasyland is where these people live.

Rudy Tecat said...

I know this probably doesn't fit the criteria for inclusion in this blog, but I just read a couple of stories online about Bill Gothard's brothers: David Locke Gothard, who just got in trouble in Florida for fleecing the elderly, and Steve Gothard, who got tossed out of the IBLP in the 1980s for sleeping with employees of the company.

Anonymous said...

I would be very concerned about Jill caring for these women.Look how she treated her own delivery ,long hours and an'C'section later she had a baby.That girl doesn't know how lucy she was.What will she do when (God Forbid) she losing a baby that she delivered.Will they sue her ?

Bobbi said...

Sorry don't believe Jill is now a CPM. Heard she was one long ago. Which is it? Derick has definitely dumbed down when he married Jill. Not impressed with any Dillard, Duggar or Seewald. What next Derick Jill as an OBGYN? Hmmmm.

jlp said...

Don't you know - like Bobby's world mom. I was laughing because of the duggars ridiculous view of life. More of the same from them.

no1 said...

On the plus side (I guess) Jill finished something. I am not convinced she possesses the judgment and critical thinking skills for the job, however. Please refer to her own labor and delivery as well as a couple of Anna's for corroborating evidence. My advice to Jill: Treating your own family members is never a good idea but I know you will . . .

My prediction for the Dillards for the remainder of 2015: Derrick will use his academic skills to set up a financial-clearing (read "money-laundering") business for the glory of God's kingdom. You know, whatever Josh's forgotten business was suppose to be. That way, Derrick can solicit / beg for funds AND make $ as he transfers it to the 'Dillard Posing for Photos with Poor Brown People Mission.' It's a win-win AND manicures for all!

Sharon M said...


The picture on the Dillard family website shows Derick, Jill and the baby outside the Duggar compound side door. There is a sign saying "Congrats" on the door. So, they either flew home after hearing the news, were in Arkansas when they heard the news, or they got the results when they where last in the US and chose not to disclose it until now. Usually those types of exams take a few weeks to grade, and you don't know when the results will be mailed. When I took my nursing boards in AZ, it took about 6 weeks. Also, it does not say where she took the exam. It could be that is why they went to Central America. She could have gone down there and gone to a quickie school and taken the exam or just taken the exam hoping to pass using her current knowledge. She may be a "mail-order-third-world-country certified" midwife. It will be interesting to see if her name appears on the Arkansas midwife list.

I know of several doctors who went to medical school in El Salvador. One of them is great and is an ER doc in a huge hospital in Dallas. I know of two others who would not know a liver if it jumped up and bit them. I would really like more information on this.

To Heart in Florida- I understand your passion, and I agree that the Duggar's do not value education. However, you said "How can Derick's mother allow her son to make such idiotic statements publicly like that?" Derick is an adult and what he says is way beyond his mother's control. I have an adult daughter, and she says what she likes. I like to think that the education we provided for her guides her public declarations, but it all comes down to this- we have no control what other adults do. I think Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are finally figuring that out! They had no control over what Josh did!

DOUBLE Misplaced Forgiveness said...

Since Derickdillard believes in education,I think he is educated enough to tell us where the funds are going from ppl that contributed to their missionary 'mission'.JMO

Meme said...

Yep, Derick, you are an official Duggar now. Open mouth, let the Duggar words fly. And hey, great job, almost verbatim. I am so utterly disappointed.

Dar said...

Sorry, I don't know the source, but my understanding is that Jill was now a Doula. She will probably be busy if they go back out on missionary work.

It is sad, really, that they publicize everything as if it were relevant in the real world. Don't they realize that they are finished.

Gothard put up his facebook page and got an awful lot of postings from women regarding his sexual abusing them. They are being erased, but someone has posted what was in the posting. It's about time someone looked into that cult. Would also like to know if Gothard and his ilk pay taxes or if it is classified as a religion.

Concerned Teacher said...

Once again, truth is stranger than fiction. Jill, Derick, Israel and eleven assorted Duggars went to Krispy Kreme dressed as pirates to EACH get a DOZEN FREE donuts. Even Israel, who I am sure is not eating donuts yet, got a dozen donuts. How incredibly rude and tacky. And these are people who are under criticism for how they are spending donated money. Clueless. Their defense is that they were sharing the donuts with others. Wow. So very generous of them to give away what they got for free.

Just Plain Offended said...

The problem I have with the birthday fanfare for Michelle, the Father's Day fanfare for Jim Bob, and the goody-goody kids' dinner theater show a year ago is this. It's abnormal and unhealthy when young people proclaim so much adoration for their parents during the teen years. I'm not talking about love and respect. They can still be respectful and say 'I love you,' but teens and twenty-somethings are supposed to discover that their parents are human, have faults and aren't infallible. Kids are supposed to have times when feelings of frustration and exasperation toward their parents bubble up. Kids should be able to vocalize disagreements with their parents as they practice asserting their independence, and it can be done with a measure of politeness. Sure, it's not fun for us parents, but we recognize that our kids' taking us down from the Pedestal of Perfect Parents is a healthy stage of their growing up, separating, becoming autonomous and able to live a productive adult life.

Jim Bob and Michelle have never understood what it means to be psychologically and socially healthy, and as a result, they've cheated their kids out of the greatest gift they can give them, a life of their own. What's worse is that they now have their controlling hooks in Josh's four kids and are willingly damaging the next generation.

Chloe said...

If God forbid the Duggars return to TV, the network should title the show "Dumbing Down with the Duggars". To me that's an accurate portrayal.

June Bug said...

Just when you think the Duggars can't get any more ridiculous looking. About 14 of them, including Jill and Dim Wit Derick, go to Krispy Kreme dressed like pirates just for free donuts. Really? maybe one dozen free, but 14 or so?. These people are just clueless. Ever heard of the word greed Duggars? Jill was quick to point out they shared one box with a couple in need, and of course she had to prove her good deed with a picture on Instagram. I'm kind of thinking that all the Duggars missed that part in the Bible about doing good deeds, but being careful not to boast about it to others, but what do I know. I know one thing... if the Duggars would have spent as much time and energy thinking about what to wear to Amy"s wedding, as they did on those stupid Pirate costumes they made today, they might not have looked like such rag a muffins. They clearly spent no time on the subject of proper wedding attire, poor Amy.

MelodyJ said...

With all the time it takes to study and prepare for the exam, I doubt it that Jill has had any time to do any missionary work. Jill also has her infant son to care for too. If Jill has become a CPM in Arkansas, she would not be licensed to work overseas. NARM (North American Registry of Midwives) says that it cannot oversee any training outside the US and that training has to take place in the US and Canada. http://narm.org/news/revised-policies-ooc/ I would think that you would also have to know what you can and cannot do legally in other countries as a midwife.

Just ME said...

If Jill, Derick & numerous other Duggars are at Krispy Kreme, please tell me when this little vacation of theirs is going to end & they leave the USA?

Missy said...

As a possible heir to the duggar fortune you can bet she will someday be sued.

Heart in Florida said...

"Just Plain Offended"...I agree with your take on the parents and the squashing out of their childrens' youth..maybe that's why Josh went the way he did. (Not excusing him, mind you, but offering perhaps a catalyst for Josh going entirely the "other way".) I blame Jim Bob and Michelle, they are NOT tolerant of their own children.

Heart in Florida said...

Concerned Teacher: I'm sure those who they were sharing the donuts were the other family members waiting outside in their massive vehicles....those Duggars are grifters; they are moochers of the worst kind; if God did bless them with some really decent income these past years, they still take from those who are less fortunate financially than they are and hog up all the freebies. Shame on them for this.

Syndee said...

Ok, so Jill has been studying for an exam (again, what did she exactly sacrifice?) and taking care of a baby. But what was Derick doing? He doesn't even have those two excuses.

Theresa said...

I am so sick and tired of the duggars always finding a way of getting around the educational requirements for any job! How is Jill a legit midwife? She has no high school diploma! She attended no classes! The person she supposedly studied with had her license revoked! But now, after years of supposedly sacrificing to be a midwife, sound the trumpets, Jill is a midwife! Magic isn't it? How is it that other people who want to be a midwife go to real colleges, have a million other requirements, and Jill just waltzes in?

Ruby said...

June bug--that was a good point about the Duggars spending more time and effort on their pirate costumes than on outfits for Amy's wedding. And in that group how many adults wearing costumes are we counting? Derick, Jill, Jessa, Josiah. That's at least four and probably more. Who has time for this? They are clueless that nobody cares about their stupid costumes and their stupid free donuts. NObody cares!

Aunt Bea said...

I didn't think that the Duggar belief system allowed for them to dress up in anything but bible character costumes to do bible plays..When did it become "ok" for them to dress up in costumes that aren't associated with the Lord? Don't they know that pirates were "heathen criminals" who robbed, raped and pillaged in the ports they visited? I'd like some justification from them, but we'll never get it. I also would think it thoughtless of them to actually photograph a couple who are in need of some real help and plaster it on the internet....what is wrong with those people. They lack the ability to put themselves in someone else's shoes. I'm surprised that couple agreed to be photographed. The best form of giving is the anonymous kind. They seem to give when it doesn't involve anything that THEY THEMSELVES have parted with, does it? Those doughnuts were given to them by Krispy Kreme corporation, not the Duggar/Dillard families. I'm sure that couple would have appreciated some fruit, bread, peanut butter, jelly, juices and some more water.

lucy said...

AS I said before and shown on this blog the state of arkankas does not have a good idea what a midwife does or they would change those rules real quick. one midwife like jill was in real trouble in my area a few years back because she had no real traninning and could not work in a hospital and the women and baby died under her care. sorry I would not trust them. that is what a hospital is for and why the rules are so tough. a baby life is in your hands. imange if jill would not have gone to a hospital and that women delivered her baby that child would be dead. that is why we need training and God has given us all the right people and traning so use what he has given us. if Jill really had some heart and her husband had a heart he would let her get a real education.

Cedric said...

Why to this day do the Duggars STILL continue to deceive & lie? Are these Duggars really this Daft? Are they really this stupid? Why are they not getting it? Why won't these Duggars just Fade Away into the air of Arksnsas?

Ellyn said...

Every time Jill or Jessa speak, they always demonstrate their sorely Lack of education especially Jessa. Seriously, does Jessa realize that she's the laughing stock of Face book & Instagram? Jessa's views on American history, WW2, the Holocaust & other subjects is just the epitome of ignorance & stupidity. How would Jessa not be aware that the majority of Americans believe she's just a sad uneducated Joke!

Jennifer said...

In addition to everything others have said about how shameful and ridiculous their trip to Krispy Kreme was, I can't believe some of them went there barefoot! From the photos it looks like both Derick and Jill were barefoot...surprise, surprise. I can't believe these two are parents.

Syndee said...

jill and Derick are both barefoot in the pirate picture. Are we surprised?

Ellyn said...

Jill & Derick barefoot? Why am I not surprised. These two are just low class or rather No Class hillbillies. I guess Derick's college education is now null as he is now a Duggar. Perhaps Derick should change his last name to Duggar it would be more honest.

Andrea said...

I agree with Wendy's comment. The media and the Duggar's are acting as if Jill graduated from Medical School. In actuality the organization, North American Registry of Midwives is a joke. It's not the American Medical Association. You'll notice it doesn't have an office or any full time administrative staff.

Jill "supposed" education and accomplishments are a joke. Here is what a real midwifery program looks like. Four years at an accredited university.

http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/midwifery/

Sharla said...

Please don't call Jill dumb. I'm sure you can find a better word without improper overtones. Perhaps uneducated.

no1 said...

Re: the photo of Derrick giving a free box of Krispie Kremes to the homeless couple - "Here's a picture of me gifting grifted donuts to some unfortunate souls while dressed like a damn fool and now their picture will forever be on the internet identifying them as homeless. But it works for me because it demonstrates my servant's heart!"

nike said...

Aren't there health codes about going into a restaurant without shoes? Yuck! No shirts no shoes no service!

Michelle said...

I agree, Sharla. The best term would be uneducated. Jill and Jessa don't have any cognitive disabilities. They are quite capable of learning, but have not been given the opportunity.

Andrea said...

Does anyone else think that Anna and her four children have permanently moved back to the shed McMansion with Jim Bob and Michelle? The "pirates" photo shot and the "picking pumpkins" have included her children but not her. Very odd. I wonder if she is occupying one of the vacant beds left by Jill or Jessa. Her two boys bunking in with their male uncles including the adult John David. Am I the only one totally creeped out by the thought?! Or maybe she's off receiving some sort of Gothard high intensity counselling, working to ensure she meets all of Josh's needs upon his return to civilization - shudder.

Heart in Florida said...

I can't for the life of me imagine a mother leaving 3 of her children and going off and visiting HER family. Meredith, obviously must be with her, as she is still nursing her. If it were me, ALL of my children would be with ME and MY FAMILY at this time. I know the Kellers have a small place, but still, they should all be together. Hopefully, Anna isn't at some indoctrination camp for "failed wives" and she is with her parents; as long as they aren't conducting an inquisition with her.

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

Andrea,recent articles say Anna has left for Fl and is staying with her parents for support,taking the 2 youngest kids with her,and leaving the 2 oldest to stay at the Duggar compound,in order to have a bit of a break.Idk how true that is.We all know the D's are infamous for not telling the truth

lucy said...

anyone read the duggar family blog today and they are saying ben is working for the father. sorry that is not a real job that will pay for the baby delivery. and my guess is that jilly muffin is going to delivery this child, because they cannot pay anyone real doctor or hospital to do it.

Sharla said...

Please do not try to post links or discuss articles on fan blogs. Thanks.

Andrea said...

WOW I would NEVER leave my children in the care of Michelle and Jim Bob. Anna WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Please immediately fly back to Arkansas and save your children. If it's true and she left her two oldest in Arkansas I'm sad for her. I hope she comes to her senses, collects her children and finds a divorce attorney. Seriously, what is the girl thinking? I want to shout at her: "Grow UP and take control. Find an attorney and live a happy life with the money you and your children earned on that TV show you starred in for many years." Anna your husband is a lost cause and has inflicted upon you and your children the gravest of indignities, cut your losses and help yourself.

Froggy said...

I happened to watch a YouTube video of Erin bates Paine doing a hair tutorial and then a video of Jess's and Jill doing a tutorial. Erin is very well spoken versus jessa's "um yeah and like" said every other word

Theresa said...

Grandma duggar runs a real estate business with Jim Bob, and all the kids work there? She says they are the 5th generation. How exactly? Did homeschool not cover the definition of generation? The lies just keep rolling and rolling.

Heart in Florida said...

BTW, does anyone know the net worth of Mary Duggar? I understand she isn't hurting for money and has been quite successful with her husband in their real estate business and that yogurt shop. thanks.

Marites H. said...

If it's true that Anna has left her older kids with JB & Michelle, we all know they aren't being looked after by JB & Michelle. It's just another responsibility heaped on Jana's worn-out shoulders while her parents are locked away in their bedroom having sweet fellowship, still trying for another baby.

Willow said...

Jessa is in the ball park somewhat about the five generation thing. Jim Bob's family real estate business goes back to at least Jim Bob's grandfather if not further. I read about it in a newspaper article many years ago. Jim Bob's grandfather or great-grandfather, bought a lot of land in NW Arkansas when it was un-developed and re-sold it to developers and made good profit. Apparently, they have managed with this family business all this time, but now, according to the way Jessa spins it, pretty much the whole family is working in this business. There are a lot of Duggars to support with it now. (Oh, and Jessa mows lawns? Really?) Can't picture that somehow!!

Syndee said...

I suspect Anna going to her parents is the worst possible thing because they will just drill more of that nonsense into her head. I read a story about her childhood and how her mother would discourage anyone talking about their feelings, even to the siblings, and would give her a 15 min. appt. a week for Anna to talk with her about everything. Poor Anna probably squelched all her feelings and dumped it all out as much as possible in the 15 minute window. How horrible, how devoid of love and caring that family seemed to be. I bet she feels the Duggar family is so open and caring about her by taking her in, at least someone there is paying her attention. How someone could survive in that world is beyond me.

Syndee said...

I found the article from People.


When Anna, now 27, met Josh at a Christian homeschooling convention back in 2006 when she was a teen, she wasn't allowed to gush about him to her siblings. "That's not something that's shared amongst siblings," says the source. "They always got 15-minute, one-on-one sessions with their mom every week. That was the time to share their feelings, but other than that they had to keep their feelings to themselves."

Aunt Bea said...

As I understand, Ben is taking a break from his studies this year because they're expecting a "little one" in November....why? Is he the one who is carrying the baby? I would think THIS is the time for him to double up on work and school to be ahead of the game when the baby arrives...also armed with a REAL JOB that pays actual money and may provide benefits that these two people (and soon to be three) need. Unless Jim Bob is heading some type of "Duggar company" that provides insurance to the older ones who"work for him" as employees, I would think that Jessa and Ben are living their lives without any safety net. One's parents can go only so far to help out, after all. I wonder if Jilly Muffin is going to charge her sister to deliver her child...I'm sure they'll be here for that.

Cindy said...

Would it be so bad if Lawson and Jinger are courting?? I do not see Lawson being under JB's control. Nor do I see Gil and Kelly allowing any of their children being controlled by JB. Lawson would take her away from the chaos and give her a good life...maybe in the city! :)

Heart in Florida said...

Why in the world would any family accept a system of scheduling time with parents to actually have a relationship with them? What is wrong with these people? Did the Kellers grow up that way themselves with distant, removed parents? If you can't turn to your own parents, who can you turn to?

Helen Crump said...

These parents have chosen to have all of the children they have and yet they refuse to be parents to the children they have...IMO, they are slapping God in the face with these peculiar attitudes. I wonder if Anna will schedule time with her kids like her parents did with her or if she will realize the fallacy of that.

lucy said...

found this article about the duggars before the show thought it was quiet helpful on their lifestyle before the show. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2010/08/debt-free-how-the-duggars-other-quiverfull-couples-support-all-those-kids/.

i still do not know what kind of work his father did. But with all of my heart i do not think ben and jessa are getting paid any kind of money from daddy duggar. they live off what jessa makes on speaking tours. and jill will deliver her child freee at home. praying nothing goes wrong so she does not have to go to the hospital. and they will get hand me downs from anyone who gives it to them. by and save the difference as they call it.

Syndee said...

Well I think with Anna the parents were just very controlling and this religion/cult is the best excuse to carry out your controlling ways. The article also said that as a kid Anna was bossy and when the kids would play she would insist they followed the rules exactly so she must have picked up some of that. On the show she seemed a bit more lax but who knows how much is edited. Luckily she did seem considerably different than the 15 min a week model of mothering - didn't she have the kids on her lap a lot and help them bake cookies and things like that.

This makes these kids to spill everything when they are talking to the parents. Josh immediately wrote those big public confessions how sorry he was and how he asked forgiveness, when he could have kept silent. It must just be automatic even if you only have 15 min.

Heart in Florida said...

Don't let the Bates family fool you....they are exactly the same as the Duggars, minus the "scared to death molestation situation in their own home....that's the only reason they SEEM TO BE more laxed with their own children. The Josh situation heightened the anxiety in this family in their tendency to sin. Josh was the catalyst for the Duggar family's over the top rules....but the Bates family is cut from absolutely the same cloth. Just look at Whitney's dress lately...where are her jeans, shorts and why did she have a baby asap? I'd like to know about her family and if they are from the same belief system as the Bates or not....did she make a complete about face in these things to marry Zach? No one ever says.

Heart in Florida said...

I still can't get over the fact that in Michelle's initial statement about the Josh thing, her main concern seemed to be that Josh insulted their religious beliefs with his behavior and...NOT THAT their son has a serious set of problems and what the root of those issues are. Any real parent would be concerned about their son FIRST AND FOREMOST. Shows me still, what rotten parents they are. JMHO folks.

DOUBLE Misplaced Forgiveness said...

Kelly said Whitney was "convicted" to wear skirts.More like coerced,imo.I hope she wears jeans at home.
I think she and Zach just wanted a baby right off the bat.I wonder if Kelly is stressing that Bradley is almost 1 and Whitney is not pregnant again,as of yet.Kelly was pregnant with their 2nd when Zach was just 4 months old

Denisean said...

In defense of Anna and going away without the kids... I am a stay at home mom, and mothers needs a break. I don't see anything wrong with not taking your kids with you everywhere you go- particularly when they aren't even in school, and you don't have a moment to yourself. And that is even under normal circumstance, when there isn't a traumatic event happening in your life. If Josh died, and Anna went to her parents house with the two youngest and left his family to watch the 2 older kids, no one would be criticizing. Also, whether she drove or flew to FL, traveling alone with 4 kids would be very difficult. This poor woman has been through enough, don't you think, maybe she needed a small break from dealing with 4 kids under 5, since her spouse is MIA. I know someone will say, well, she wanted all those kids, but wanting your kids and needing a break once in a while are mutually exclusive. It doesn't mean if you want a lot of kids, you don't deserve or need a break.

Syndee said...

100% agree about needing a break from the small kids. But there could be people at Anna's mother's to watch the kids, doesn't she also have siblings and all that? Won't her own mother want to see the kids too? Or have some of those Duggars help her on the drive to FL. You get a gut feeling that JB would never allow her and all the kids to go even on a visit to her mother.

It just seems that now the Duggars are her only family and more important than even her mother and you get the feeling JB wants to suck those kids into the cult whether she stays with Josh or not.

Denisean said...

Good point, Sydney... Probably JB was afraid that if she took all the kids with her for a "visit" with her family, they would never return.

I was simply addressing an earlier comment where someone said they would never go on vacation without their kids, want their kids with them all the time, etc. I love my kids, but e-gads, I don't want them with me ALL the time. Maybe working mothers feel that way more because they are not home with their kids 24/7 with no adult interaction or time to do anything for yourself. Even at work, you get lunch, coffee breaks, the drive in and back.... no breaks for SAHM's.

Layla said...

Can't link the story, but Jill and Jessa scored a few specials with TLC. They are back.

Layla

Beth said...

Oh no, exactly what we were all afraid of... guess this was the Dillard's big announcement, and Jessa will get her baby special she desperately wanted, ugh, I'd probably end up DVR'ing it just to see if they catch themselves in any more hypocrisy (which of course they will), BUT i will 100% make sure to wait over 10 days before watching any episode so they don't get counted for ratings (which I always did with 19kac as well), I recommend doing the same if you can't help but watch the train wreck

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/tlc-specials-focus-duggar-daughters-jill-jessa-160040928.html

Cindy said...

Random thought...Josh was paying a lot of money for his hookers, yet his children are wearing used shoes! Jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auggie said...

Seems Jessa is going to get her wish and have a TLC episode about her birth. TLC just announced there will be some specials focusing on Jessa & Jill. I had read that TLC wanted to have a show about these two and Jim Bob said no (he wanted to be in the show). I guess money must be getting tight and probably Jessa and Jill have had to agree to sign a percentage of pay over to Daddy Dugger.

Cindy said...

Have you heard that Jillymuffin and Blessa are getting a special on TLC?? Ugh! I refuse to watch it and put money in their pocket. You know that JB has his nose in this. Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!

CAT MOM said...

Apparently, Jessa and Jill are going to get specials on TLC before the end of the year about Jill's mission trip (vacation) and Jessa's upcoming bundle of joy. Jessa also had a brief post about her current situation on the Duggar Family Official Facebook page. Originally the post mentioned the stores (Walmart and Target) where she and Ben would prefer gift cards to be sent from fans. JUST. WOW.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jessa-duggar-ben-seewald-donations-scandal-71535

Annie said...

As far as the kids only getting a limited time with the parents and that is one reason that ol'Joshie "confessed" and asked forgiveness because it was more automatic than anything else. I think that is bull. He only confessed because he was caught-as has been said many times. I LOVE how he has asked everyone to forgive him. I don't need to forgive him. I haven't been wronged. Anna has. He can't make amends enough for long enough to her for his behavior. With all of the fame that they have sought out and have, I don't know if they can every get a healthy back. There are too many rats and too many hiding holes. I have always thought that the Duggars were going to be on the news one day for something big. I was right.

Has anyone read that Chad Paine said that he and Erin have a big announcement in their little family to make? Their baby is 4 months old and while Erin had a hard time maintaining pregnancies, a 2nd one could be on the way now that they know the problem is... And I highly doubt that Whitney wears jeans secretly at home. Would anyone else after drinking the Bates koolaid and was "convicted" by some fearful God to wear skirts and dresses.

Gosh this is all so entertaining. Except the Bill Gothard part. He's creepy. yuck.

Judy said...

Is it absolutely true that Anna went without the kids? I have a hard time believing that. Certainly her two month old is nursing and she would bring her.

Judy said...

Just saw that the Jill and Jessa are going to get their own hour long specials later this year -- of Jill moving to South America and of Jessa getting ready for her baby.

Anonymous said...

Oh please no! Just saw on People.com that TLC is planning on "specials" on Jessa and Jill. Will be expressing my dismay directly with TLC.

http://www.people.com/article/jill-jessa-duggar-return-tv-tlc-specials

Anonymous said...

Just saw that TLC is going to air "specials" on Jill and Jessa.

http://www.people.com/article/jill-jessa-duggar-return-tv-tlc-specials

Gracie said...

I have a question regarding the validity of Jill's Midwife license. Don't you have to be a apprentice first? Her name doesn't appear on the Arkansas Health Services apprentice list as of August 31st so I don't see how she could get her license or maybe I am missing something. You would think they would have posted a picture with her certificate if there was one.

June Bug said...

Why why why does TLC want to film more garbage about the Duggars, please tell me this is just a rumor. Why on earth can't Jill/Derick and Jessa/Ben live normal, private, productive lives without a camera in front of them all the time?. What could people find interesting or exciting about these four? I sent an email to TLC earlier today, and I plan to send more. Why does TLC once again support this awful, lazy, excuse of a family.

Dee said...

Regarding the announcement today of TLC's plans to air specials about Jill and Jessa: I am done.
I have blocked all Discovery Communications channels from my cable and I will no longer support this corporation.
They've shown their true colors, which is really no surprise.
I have other things that need my time and concentration right now and fighting this particular battle against corporate corruption is not on my radar.
I did send a message to Discovery Communications, but it will end up in the trash heap because they care about money rather than what is right.
It's too bad, but sometimes the good guys lose. I'm just going to have to make peace with that.

frances said...

"specials" don't surprise me. TLC does NOT CARE if you love the Duggars or detest them - doesn't care if you love some of the Duggars and detest others - only that you tune in to see what happens next. (Sponsors are a different story). If there is a large-enough market that "just have to" tune in to watch ANY of the Duggars doing literally ANYTHING, TLC and JB will find a way to put it on the air.

After all the uproar about Josh, Anna, JB & Mchelle, weddings, births, Jessa's endless pregnancy, failed courtships, new courtships, the iffy mission trip etc. the Duggar family is one reality soap opera that no ratings-hungry station is going to walk away from for very long.

I just wish more focus could be brought to bear on Gothard, IFB and other branch churches, and all the damage cults can do even though people are smiling nicely at a camera. There's the real story.

Helen Crump said...

If TLC had to do some specials relating to the Duggars, I would have wanted to see a real documentary about their REAL BELIEF SYSTEM done. Now that would at least have the audience learn something about this group of people..it should be absolutely true, and get to the root of things. I'm not interested in watching some "humble people" do their mission work. To me, that negates the whole offering. One does God's work quietly, slips in and out after doing good. They don't do it with cameras in tow..As for Jessa, what could those two possibly do that would be remotely interesting especially leaving out the other 20 of them down the road? Nothing, I tell you. Jessa is the laziest of the older ones and is the most self entitled IMO. Why give her money to be lazy and unproductive?

collen said...

Here's another article reg: the Jill/Jessa specials.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/83e5c6786a9f41709650813486333211/tlc-specials-focus-duggar-daughters-jill-and-jessa

I knew they wouldn't be gone for long. Too much money for TLC to loose.

Denisean said...

Jessa can't go live a "normal, private life" because they have no source of income other than reality tv. And she is a fame whore.... probably not all her fault since she was raised being on tv. She is a glutton for attention because she probably got hardly any from anyone other than fans.

On the gift card thing... WOW, just unbelievable.

Also, I saw a comment on Jessa's fb page from one fan who said Jessa is a role model for how God wants women to be.... wow again.

Syndee said...

Is there something actually wrong with Derrick's face? In the picture with the 5 of them released by TLC it seems that his jaw is drifted sideways to his right, and his chin is not centered in line with his nose like regular people. I knew he got braces but was there a significant condition that had/has to be corrected?

Elspeth said...

Derick had jaw surgery and while it may have helped with the orthodontia, it has left him looking different and not necessarily in a good way.

Elspeth said...

Derick had jaw surgery and while it may have helped with the orthodontia, it has left him looking different and not necessarily in a good way.

Ellyn said...

Jill & Jessa on TV again. I just can't or I won't. These two, how utterly, utterly Boring!! Just so Boring!

Smokey said...

Maybe that is why Jill got her midwifery license, so TLC has something to film. Can't film her doing nothing all day.

Gwen said...

Maybe a campaign to all advertisers on TLC will ferret out any who are sneakily going to advertise during this train wreck.

Do the Duggars who do not watch television not realize that TLC puts on people who are different? The Duggars think they are on because they are beautiful and everyone fawns over them.

HELLO! It is because people are entranced by a freak show and of course that gives ratings, Jim Bob Duggar. It isn't because people like you!

Few people would be willing to expose the whole family to be ridiculed, for the love of money but Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar.

Katies Mom said...

I absolutely cannot believe the Duggar/Dilard "Specials," will give TLC the ratings they desperately want. I will never watch anything to do with them. I just want to know who the sponsors will be. By the way where in the world are Jill & Derick? Are they in the US or in another country as missionaries? As much as I hate this whole thing I put it right back in the lap of King Jim Bob along with whoever he has a "SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP" with at TLC.

Gwen said...

Anyone can write TLC here:

https://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations

Someone suggested that advertisers should be advised there is a big boycott coming to any and all advertisers (which may include those who cancel State Farm auto/home and business policies).

Wouldn't it be funny it there was such a storm that the shows were never shown???

Gen said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please TLC don't give them another platform.

The only Jill and Jessa special that would be even remotely worth it, was if the sent them to speak with women outside of their narrow-minded faith to see what the world is really like.

Goodbye Duggars, Once and For All said...

Can we make a list of sponsors.....any and all sponsors on TLC?
We want to make them ALL aware of how we feel about anyone thinking of sponsoring that show.

Hiheidi said...

I really think we must write TLC via Discovery to enact change. This is all a facade to give more $$$ to the Duggar family. Does anyone really believe that Jill and Jessa and their families alone will make the money? NO, it will all go into a pot, called the "Duggar Family" fortune- aka Jim Bob's pocket. This has to stop. They must be held accountable for their lies and misbehavior. They must learn to function OFF of reality TV, the hypocrites that they are (don't watch TV themselves! ha!) Get jobs, pay bills normally and possibly learn that education is vital... Sigh~we must all write Discovery and voice our opinions. Enough is enough.

lucy said...

saw on jessa and ben instgram account that they are now asking for money. what is up with that one. also saw that on yahoo. they have no other means of support. so we no that Jim bods constrcion company is not a real job. and jessa speaking tour job is not making the buck either. it has come to this.

Over It 2 said...

Ugh to a Jill/Jessa show, boring! and I'm sick of Duggar-mania.

Already left my thoughts on the TLC site. But after reading the blind devotion and gibberish of the eager fans on the Facebook TLC site it leaves no doubt that the show will go on unless all the sponsors pull out.

Annie said...

To Scooby: JB is afraid of higher education for his children for the same reason that dictators won't allow the people that they rule over to be educated. Once the masses realize that there is more out there, they can't be controlled. What would happen to Jana once she actually left the house without an accountability partner (GASP!!!! imagine the heart attack for JB and crazy eyes) and Jana sees what a great and beautiful world there is and experiences all of the opportunities there are OR even makes some choices for herself and DATES instead of this crazy courtship? It is possible to find a great guy by dating. JB knows that if his mass of followers realize this, his power ends. Period. They may even move out of state. They may even move to another part of the country or the world and not have a job that is religious in nature. They may even stay away from home for more than 3 months. That would shake things up. In other words. It would be normal. It's true. Look at many dictators from history that outlawed education for the masses. Education liberates. Ignorance keeps people in chains.

Derrick's face may look odd because of the braces. Sometimes having braces can distort the jawline once things start moving around and getting aligned.

I served as a missionary for my church. There was NO going home for any visits until my mission work was done. It didn't matter if weddings were missed, etc. One missionary I served with lost her father while we served together. She could have gone home, but as a family they decided it would be that she just stay where she was. All of the nonsense that Jilly and Derry are doing with this travelling is ridiculous. They aren't working at all. Just playing. I would drop them if it were with my church.

Syndee said...

I agree, and I would even consistently watch the show if it was actually a real reality show. It of course won't be, it will be the "facebook" version of their lives.

All the reality they could show - Josh's struggles, Anna putting her life back together whether she stays with him or not, the real story of the missionary business, how the molesting affected each girl - the real story of any of these will never be shown. Why they call it a reality show, who knows....

Gwen said...

Should we contact any sponsor on TLC since we were told once that sponsors buy blocks of time and don't know what show will be shown.

It would be nice to have a list of all sponsors on that sick channel.

We are tired of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar,Jill Duggar Dillard and Derick (Derek) Dillard,Jessa Duggar Seewald, Ben Seewald.

DOUBLE Misplaced Forgiveness said...

I think Jill got 'certified' a a midwife because she is going to be helping with Jessa's birth,and tlc wants as little controversy as possible,since it appears Jessa's birth story will air in the special

dukepaxtedlil said...

The only Duggar show that might be worth watching would be something along the line of "Breaking Amish", except real. Maybe "Ditching the Duggars" or "Getting Out of Gothard". Something that shows the adult children attempting to live a normal life, not under the total control of their father. A life where the girls have choices and the boys get to have real jobs and aren't on the Duggar payroll.

June Bug said...

Wasn't Jessa the one who said they aren't a TV family?, she said it didn't matter if they were filmed, life goes on if the show is cancelled. Yeah right, then she spends day after day posting comments, throwing herself into social media, speaking about topics she knows nothing about, taking selfie after selfie yuck! Remember when she tried to dispute the article in People magazine that said her pregnancy has been "bittersweet"?, yes Jessa tell the truth you are jealous of the attention that Jill got while she was pregnant. And then she pulls out her wedding photos during Amy's wedding week, my goodness this girl cannot stand the idea of not being seen. It's really sad to think about how starved for attention Jessa and Jill are.
I think the reason Jessa and Ben haven't revealed the gender of the baby was because they were holding out for the show/special. TLC took way to long to cancel 19 kids, I think they planned to do these specials all along and Jessa knew that. The arrogance and sense of entitlement with this girl absolutely blows my mind, she think she's God's gift to the world, well I hate to bust her bubble but she's not. I don't even know why people think she's so beautiful, that long chin and that stupid smug look on her face all the time drives me nuts.

I think TLC is making a big mistake continuing shows featuring these girls, good grief how boring, women give birth every day. Really kind of sad that the Duggars are so blind, Stupid or both. They think their show is some ministry, when in reality its just a train wreck that some people can't stop staring at, its an absolute dysfunctional family freak show. I hope the specials fail miserably, and the Duggars TV career will be over FOREVER. Maybe then the money hungry Duggars will be forced to get real jobs and start living a normal life, yeah right.

Rob said...

Well if nothing else, with the Jessa/Jill specials, this blog will continue to exist and be VERY active with comments. It's sad the reality of this family has to be exposed by viewers of their shows as opposed to the family it self but that is the bed they've made. Michelle once said in an interview that they "can learn from all the comments made on the internet". Maybe her daughters will be better at it than she is.

Syndee said...

Isn't it strange that the article said that the show would cover Jill's move to El Salvador? Didn't they already move, with a dramatic goodbye scene, etc?

Helen Crump said...

Derick never made it clear exactly where Jill took her exam and where in the world she is actually certified to practice, did he? When I read up on Jill's certification level, they stated something about being educated outside of regular channels; ie real school and on site classes and real prerequisite education like high school...I wonder how the Duggar family manages to invent their own qualifications and certifications while remaining outside of an actual education all their lives. They mange to skirt real requirements, don't they?

Concerned Teacher said...

The comments about the Jill and Jessa specials on the TLC Facebook page are overwhelmingly negative. My favorite comment sarcastically encouraged TLC to start a new show entitled, "Mixed Drinks with Bill Cosby."

stella said...

Well Jeremy/Audrey and Zach/Tori Roloff can't be the only featured on TLC. If you go on TLC both young Roloff couples are featured especially Jeremy/Audrey .


Jessa and Jill had to get back and compete for their rightful spot of ownership.

Can't wait to see which sponsors really didn't leave. Guess everyone likes a comeback.

SMH to TLC.

June Bug said...

If the specials cover Jill's move to El Salvador then TLC has been filming for some time now, or did they ever really stop filming?

I hope TLC is being inundated with negative comments about these ridiculous specials.

Can"t believe Jessa hasn't gloated about returning to tv, Jill"s Instagram says she can't wait to reconnect with everyone. So start connecting Miss Jill.
How about some answers like, what is your certificate good for? how are you spending your fans hard earned money? I guess now we know who's paying for all the frequent trips back and forth.


Bobbi said...

On Friday aft, I have written to TLC. Three times expressing y thoughts as to why no one is interested to watch "specials about Jessa & Jill as their only topic of conversation is continual pregnancy. These two have the functioning frontal lobe of a 12 year old or younger.

Bobbi said...

Once I learn the names of the sponsors who've agreed to sponsor this Duggar mess, I will begin contacting them. NO MORE DUGGARS!!

Chloe said...

Another "begathon" begins. Boring!

TaRuth! said...

"guess now we know who's paying for all the frequent trips back and forth"

Most likely TLC has paid for all of the trips, and will be paying for any future trips she and Derrick make back from their mission site. It only makes sense that TLC paid for them to fly back for the documentary in August. I've assumed that all along. It's pretty customary for a network to pick up travel expense when they want someone to appear on their show. And as far as flying into New York, and returning from Arkansas or Tennessee or wherever (so they could attend one of the Bateseseseseses weddings tee hee), that shouldn't have cost TLC any more than a round-trip to New York would have. Even if it did cost a little bit more, TLC probably agreed to it, just to have Jill be there to film the documentary.

So there's no need to panic y'all! They aren't traveling on anyone's dime but TLC's! And, unless you personally sent them a check, bought them an airline ticket, or donated your frequent flyer miles to them, it shouldn't have affected you at all. LMAO

no1 said...

Dear Seewalds and Dillards, this is it guys. There is no way you are going to get any more than a special or two. Take the money and plan for the future in a mature way; finish school, invest wisely, etc. It probably sounds like a big paycheck, but you will burn through it faster than you can say "curling iron". REAL JOBS will be necessary sooner than you think.

Dear Jessa, I fear a toilet delivery is in your future courtesy of your sister's expert birthin' technique and the need to 'spice up' the show.

Dear TLC, Well, well, well. Take a look around; this is what rock bottom looks like.

Katies Mom said...

RE: Jill's "Certification" for what, we don't know. When she married she said she was giving up her studies to be a wife & mother. Way back when she was so intent on becoming a nurse, the time frame just didn't fit into her busy schedule. How has she been studying, marrying, giving birth, becoming a missionary & leaving this country, albeit only for a brief period of time? I absolutely know the are plenty of women that can accomplish this ....but not Jill. One minute she is traveling to Nepal to meet someone she's in love with but has never met, next she's courting, she's married, she gives birth. Add to that that none of her studies under the original midwife instructor are valid, as that woman has had her license revoked. It would seem to me that she would need to start from the very beginning. For God's sakes in nursing school, if you drop out for any extended length of time you must start over again at the beginning. There are multiple advances in all aspects of the medical field, in very brief periods of time. There have been nothing but outright lies from the Duggar family & Derick regarding Jill for as long as memory serves.

Betsy said...

Jill's studies up until the incident that lead to the revocation of license probably counted. She had other midwives that she worked with so she probably switched to finish her requirements.

Arkie said...

I 100% disagree. These specials are just a way for TLC to slide the Duggar's but into full filming less Josh. They will all be back. Trust me on this.

I know for a FACT, Duggars have been filming since before Jill and Derrik left the first time. They have been catching up with Jessa and Ben. This has all been going on and those viewers who read the blogs and have been following this whole mess will see that very clearly. With Derrik's changing facial features, Jill's up and down weight and Jessas's pregnant belly, it will be easy to determine TLC has been filming almost the entire time except for about 3 weeks.

Arkie

Living in Indy said...

If all along TLC has been filming Jill & Derick, Jessa & Ben, then WHY the BEGATHON from these four dimwits. Their incredible greed & ardent need to FOOL everyone is astounding & sickening. These four have no ethics, integrity, filter or class. These four are just brazen hicks!!!

February said...

Bobbi,
I also wrote TLC and will contact sponsors

Heart in Florida said...

Pardon my French, but I think that Derick and Jill have been "shitty" missionaries thus far. Real, truly dedicated people who do mission work, DO NOT handle their mission time with the chaos and disorganization that Derick and Jill have displayed. I thought they were saying "Adios, pops" originally in that home made send off video with Joy crying. They didn't even move out of their house, stay more than a few weeks and were already back in the U.S....returned for enough time to photograph themselves like tourists with Joy and the Bates girl; and grocery shop; they were back here for a FAMILY WEDDING??!! Missionaries forego those family events from what I know of my relative's mission work. My uncle was away for 30 years, folks, no house to live in; no telephones; nothing...he was allowed one visit to the States each TEN YEARS...that's why I think the Dullard mission nonsense is crap....and for the "soft". With TLC filming them and getting paid for it, they had better take their grifting site down ASAP.

Sharla said...

Please, before you spend a lot of time and effort doing something you want on the blog chat with me first to make sure that I'm onboard and willing to put the time and effort into it that your venture will involve. I don't want anyone wasting a lot of time for something that I may not have time to handle. The latest request is on hold.

Chloe said...

Ok TLC is definitely NOT the hottest network. To me, TLC is reprehensible & will do anything short of selling one of their relatives to attain ratings. Unless the executives of TLC are totally Daft, they must realize the majority of Americans despise the Duggars. I doubt anyone at TLC if they were truly honest would express they are a fan of the Duggars. Perhaps Jim Bob in his stupid & lame mind has excerted some control over TLC short of blackmail which isn't beneath Jim Bob. In fact nothing deceitful or dishonest is beneath Jim Bob as he always displays the characteristics of deceit, dishonesty & lying. It's his mission statement.

Mary said...

Hi

Not sure if my post are coming thought. I have been boycotting TLC for months. Now I see Jill and jessa are still going to have a show I am nerver going to view TLC.

Just think Jill showing us how to make tatter totters or Jessa just smiling maybe burning her fingers.

I just like to know where Arkansas officials are. Does JIm Booop have that much authority


Mary

no1 said...

Possible episodes that I would be more likely to watch:

1. Jill receives proper training in how to use a baby sling so as not to endanger the baby (we know she'll rush the next pregnancy for ratings).

2. Jessa and Ben sit down with Catholic authorities who kindly explain Catholicism including the facts that they are, indeed Christians, do not worship statues, do not worship saints, etc. Please note that I am not personally a Catholic but their persecution of Catholics has always bothered me.

3. Jill and Jessa sit in a moderated roundtable discussion with real, Gothard-type/Quiverfull escapees who are able to discuss how the cult has damaged their lives and stunted their growth as adults and functioning human beings.

4. Jill and Derrick meet with "real" missionaries who work in needy foreign locations, living with the locals in the same conditions and who do important work such as building a hospital / school, making sure the drinking water is healthy, helping to vaccinate children, etc. WITHOUT trying to change the locals belief system. Jill and Derrick learn that "real" missionaries do this work while staying in country for years at a time - and do not fly first class back home every month for every little thing. Also, many "real" missionaries learn the language of the locals BEFORE they leave. Well, I guess that's true for the Peace Corp (who do not consider themselves missionaries).

June Bug said...

Has anyone else read this article about Jill Dillards CPM title.......Very Interesting....... I never bought the Idea she was a certified Midwife, and I think this article might prove she is not.


http://www.skepticalob.com/2015/09/jill-duggar-dillard-is-not-a-real-midwife-shes-a-cpm-a-counterfeit-professional-midwife.html A good explanation of Jill's CPM "credential" and why it's a joke.

Mindi said...

Those of us who have gone through the years of study & practical training to become a real professional in any aspect of the medical field, in my case a nurse, in others a Certified Professional Midwife, are just furious at this joke of Jill having the same education that we have worked so hard for. When I was in training for the practical part, I had to be on the hospital floor by 6:30a.m.to take report from the head nurse. For classroom studies, I had to be in my seat my 6:15a.m. Can you even imagine Jill up between 4am & 5am to get her training? This whole thing is enough to make you sick to your stomach. Who in the world do the Duggars think they are fooling? They don't even know there is a 4-5a.m. Of course, they would never figure in the time to get to the facility where they are studying. I guess there's an off chance that some schools run on Duggar time, but I sincerely doubt that. These Godly,Christian people are making a mockery of those of us who have truly put in the time,study & hard work to become a member of the medical profession.
As far as I'm concerned, TLC can take the Duggars, Dillard & Sewalds & go to Hell!
Sorry friends for the profanity but this is just too much!

Auggie said...

Thanks June Bug! Interesting info on Jill's credentials, or lack of them.

Heart in Florida said...

I wonder how the Dillards would respond in being asked specifically about Jill's "credentials and certifications"? How is it that she is "officially a certified midwife"? Would she and Derick provide the educational evidence of that? I, really would like for a medical professional in that field to ask them to provide her education and credentials in making such a claim to the public. Also, how is it that Derick has bought in to this sham? Didn't he have to go to a real 4 year university and pass his very real exams from his very real classes to get his Bachelor's Degree? Why didn't Jill have to go to a real midwife training? Someone really needs to have them sit down and address these questions.
Mindi, I hear you.....I can understand being professionally insulted; and you and others like you have also been insulted by the Duggar/Dillards.

Dar said...

Mindi, you are quite justified in your indignation with the Duggars and their phoney "professional training" Michelle and Jim Bob are responsible for this misinformation. To make up for their lack of parenting with regards to education for their children, they glossed over everything. I don't think their offspring have any idea what a doctor, nurse, engineer, educator, etc. have to go through to achieve certification.

With regards to Tradespeople, JimBob would take advantage of them when they were in his home to teach him and his children the "tricks" of the trade, if you will. He had such gall and he thought it was amusing. As we have since learned, the work JimBob and his children did on the big house was sub-standard and and TLC had to finish it. It is crime that there are so many young adults floating around that big house, with absolutely no saleable skills. Now that Michelle has no cameras around to watch her, I sincerely doubt she will be doing any home schooling with the little ones.

TLC is starting with the two married girls, but don't believe for one minute that Michell and JimBob will not be back. They are both fame whores. There is no way, they won't appear. This is just the first step. If the audience is big enough for that, the whole crowd will be back, excluding Josh, of course. Although I do have a feeling there is a lot more than meets the eye in that family. Who knows what else will rear its ugly head. JMHO

June Bug said...

Mindi Very well said

I have the upmost respect for all your years of study and practical training to become a nurse. Having friends who are nurses, and a relative who is a nurse practitioner I've seen what these individuals went through and what they sacrificed to earn these titles, its hard work. That's why I became so infuriated when Derick went on and on about Jills hard work and sacrifice to become a Midwife, what sacrifice, what struggle?, has she ever set foot in a classroom, he made it sound as though she had studied for years, made some great accomplishment or had become a doctor.

Do the Duggar kids really know whats involved in study, and certification in any particular field? No, because they were never taught. I really do blame Jim Bob and Michelle for the lack of good parenting and education. Jim Bob is the king of "false, phoney made up certifications". How many times has he given his unqualified kids a professional title and made himself look like an idiot. IMO He made a mockery of Concert Pianists, Authors, Photographers etc, Jim Bob is clueless.

I sincerely hope nothing serious happens to a Mom or baby who are under Jills care. One can only hope that Jill has an RN or Doctor with her when she assist's in a birth. What if a mother is high risk, or needs a c-section?, we all know Jill didn't handle her own situation very well during Israel's birth.

Ruby said...

If Jill were to get a report card grade for her performance as a "midwife" for her OWN birth, I would give her a D--and I'm being nice. Let's see, going 2 weeks over the due date with such a huge baby, going out for a pedicure after her water broke, laboring for 50 hours at home after her water broke, laboring for another 20 hours at the hospital, making the doctors wait until she needed an EMERGENCY c section. At every turn she made a wrong call and a poor decision. She has clearly not received legitimate midwife training. She is a danger to herself and to society.

Ruby said...

So is the real reason Jill and Derick rushed off to the mission field and kept their location secret was because they were filming with TLC????????? Can you imagine the celebrity white missionaries down in El Salvador being filmed as the poor natives look on? What a joke! What a farce! What an utter waste of time and resources! Who are they kidding? Now all their begging for donations looks really bad. Why didn't they just ask for prayer support? Wow, just wow. If they truly cared for the souls of these people they would just go to the mission field and live sacrificially and humbly. Why does everything have to be documented for television?

Bobbi said...

On Sunday night 9/27, I was watching TV, channel surfing. On one of the govt channels a documentary about the Holocsust specifically Anne Frank was featured. This program was about 2 hours in length & it was eye opening & disturbing. In the past I had watched documentaries about the Holocaust as well as during High School wrote several papers on the subject. During this documentary, I thought of Jessa Seewald & her unresearched opinion about the Holocaust when she compared this horrific travesty with the use of birth control. & I began to cry. Jessa needs to watch a documentary about the Holocaust however since her stupid controlling parents do not believe in watching TV & though she's married & living away from the Duggar compound, I doubt this will happen. I wonder if Jessa realizes the Fool she makes of herself when she makes these absurd comments?

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 400 of 462   Newer› Newest»