The due date of the new Duggar baby girl is somewhere around New Year's Day. Any guesses as to what they will name her? What you would like to see them name her?
There is a poll on discovery.com and there are a few suggested girls names. I don't know if they are ones the Duggars are actually considering or if the network came up with them just for the poll, but Julianna is in the lead, followed by Joselyn.
If I'm not mistaken, one of the little boys mentioned the name during the interview that Ann Curry did with the Duggar family as they were sitting outside the church where Josh and Anna were married.
At any rate, "Julie Grace" is a lovely name, although I myself prefer the formal "Julia" for a given name.
Since I know a girl named Joselyn, I know she pronounced Josh/lin. Any ways, I I would like any name that doesn't start with a J, though that is out of the question. With every child having a name that begins with the same letter, no child is made special. Plus, it feels tacky.
I am sort of sick of all the Julie variations lately - Julia, Julianne, Juliette, etc. I like Jocelyn too, but not Joselyn. I think that's the spanish version, to feminize Jose.
Anne - I agree that all "J" names are tacky, but it's too late now! Giving the 18th one a different initial will make the others feel think the new baby is more special!! LOL
I don' know if the Duggars read this post or not but here's two "J" names I like Jayla and Jaden. Two of my kids names start with "K" and my other starts with "J" although she goes by her middle ( I don't like her first name-her daddys' first and middle- Jamielee. It was the agreement we finally came too. Good lesson pick a first name both parents like!) The Duggars are apparently much better parents than either of us for sure-wow the patience they have! I don't feel like I know patience anymore. I love my kids but they are handfuls!
This reminds me of a funny article I read when they were expecting the last baby, #17, Jennifer. The writer was saying how all the kids names began with the letter "J" and how creative they have been so far to come up with all those names. He summed it all up by saying, "They're having their 17th kid and they're just now getting around to the name "Jennifer".
"I like Jocelyn too, but not Joselyn. I think that's the spanish version, to feminize Jose."
________
Josefa is the traditional feminine form for Jose in Spanish. There's also the diminutive form of Josefa, Josefina. Joselyn is a sort of Spanglish, I guess, so I do see what you mean.
How about "Julep" (they are southerners) or "Jacaranda" (they do live in a rural setting, don't they?)? :)
I think they should pick Jessica. I grew up in the 80's and it seemed like every girl in my school was either Jennifer or Jessica, so the Duggars could have them right in a row!!
I think they will go with Julie, Julianna or some variation though. It's #1 on the Discovery.com right now and one of the boys mentioned Julie Grace on the Today Show.
Jaden/Jayden can be a boy or girl name. My neice is Jayden and is 12 1/2 years old. Back then no one had heard of that name but now its quite popular. Even Britney spears used it for her son.
I kind of liked January. Or Jane, nothing wrong with Jane, or Jamie (she could be Jamie Roberta and be called Jamie Bobbie) or they could go exotic with J'Lane.
I met a girl at a party last Saturday night and she told me she'd just come from the Duggar wedding. She also told me that the new baby is going to be Jessica. I don't know how reliable a source she is, but she WAS there!
Jules, Juliette, Jailynn, Jerri (oh wait, that was the b*tch who stole my first boyfriend), Joyce, Janice, Jemma, Joelle, JayJay (ok, that's silly), Jillian (my fav)
This blog is managed by a group of administrators who are all in ongoing contact with each other. To share your questions or concerns with us privately, please send your email to: Maggie at shatzie1980@yahoo.com or sharla.smith@live.com
1. Do not be rude to other posters or call them names.
2. No online petitions.
3. Do not be rude about the children or call them names. Commenting on the behaviour that we have seen is acceptable, but no name calling.
4. Do not refer to calling CPS or use the term child abuse unless we something that actually is abusive.
5. Watch profanity.
6. Don't tell the moderators how to run the blog.
7. Be careful about boards on boards and please don't discuss or provide links to other Duggar boards.
8. No diagnosing mental/medical conditions.
9. No posting addresses.
10. Along with not being rude don't tell other people how to think, act, or behave - don't try to tell other people what to do or not do.
11. No using the kids' names or moderators' as your screen name.
12. Comments including "I'm sure you won't print this" will never be printed.
13. No unsolicited recaps. We are not recapping the Duggar shows.
14. The administrators are not able to verify the identity of people who comment here. Believe what you choose to believe.
15. Please use proper grammar, spelling, capitalizations and punctuations in your comments. No instant message type speaking.
16. Please refrain from beating the dead horses such as Josh's years ago expressed interest in law school. If the Duggars have moved on, so should we.
58 comments:
January of course. haha
My guess is Julie or Julianne.
There is a poll on discovery.com and there are a few suggested girls names. I don't know if they are ones the Duggars are actually considering or if the network came up with them just for the poll, but Julianna is in the lead, followed by Joselyn.
I heard on one of their shows that the top contender was Julie Grace.
Julie Grace, how pretty.
Yes, I think one of the boys said it on the show that "Julie Grace" was a name his dad liked.
If I'm not mistaken, one of the little boys mentioned the name during the interview that Ann Curry did with the Duggar family as they were sitting outside the church where Josh and Anna were married.
At any rate, "Julie Grace" is a lovely name, although I myself prefer the formal "Julia" for a given name.
I like Julia or Juliana as well. I do like Jocelyn, not sure if Joselyn is prounced the same way or not.
There's always Jeannie/Jeanine, that's kind of cute. Or Jeaneatte.
Oh! I got one for them!!! Jalastone
ja last one-- get it.
Since I know a girl named Joselyn, I know she pronounced Josh/lin.
Any ways, I I would like any name that doesn't start with a J, though that is out of the question. With every child having a name that begins with the same letter, no child is made special. Plus, it feels tacky.
"Jeub" in honor of the Kids by the Dozen family---the Jeubs
Jessica
Julia
I am sort of sick of all the Julie variations lately - Julia, Julianne, Juliette, etc. I like Jocelyn too, but not Joselyn. I think that's the spanish version, to feminize Jose.
Anne - I agree that all "J" names are tacky, but it's too late now! Giving the 18th one a different initial will make the others feel think the new baby is more special!! LOL
I don' know if the Duggars read this post or not but here's two "J" names I like Jayla and Jaden. Two of my kids names start with "K" and my other starts with "J" although she goes by her middle ( I don't like her first name-her daddys' first and middle- Jamielee. It was the agreement we finally came too. Good lesson pick a first name both parents like!) The Duggars are apparently much better parents than either of us for sure-wow the patience they have! I don't feel like I know patience anymore. I love my kids but they are handfuls!
This reminds me of a funny article I read when they were expecting the last baby, #17, Jennifer. The writer was saying how all the kids names began with the letter "J" and how creative they have been so far to come up with all those names. He summed it all up by saying, "They're having their 17th kid and they're just now getting around to the name "Jennifer".
I know a Jaylin, never much cared for it though. However, Jaden is a boy's name, isn't it? Jade is okay for a girl though I suppose.
"I like Jocelyn too, but not Joselyn. I think that's the spanish version, to feminize Jose."
________
Josefa is the traditional feminine form for Jose in Spanish. There's also the diminutive form of Josefa, Josefina. Joselyn is a sort of Spanglish, I guess, so I do see what you mean.
How about "Julep" (they are southerners) or "Jacaranda" (they do live in a rural setting, don't they?)? :)
You know, if one of the Duggar kids decides to be a journalist, he or she will have to go to a J-school! :)
I think they should pick Jessica. I grew up in the 80's and it seemed like every girl in my school was either Jennifer or Jessica, so the Duggars could have them right in a row!!
I think they will go with Julie, Julianna or some variation though. It's #1 on the Discovery.com right now and one of the boys mentioned Julie Grace on the Today Show.
Josie
Jessica is too similar to Jessa.
How about Jamie ? No..that's too similar to James.
hmmmmmm.....
Joanne? Nope, too siliar to Joyanna
geez....
Jackie?? Oh for the love of God it's too similar to Jackson.
Justine?? ( Justin...crap )
Ok, I give up.
how about Just Another Duggar ? that's a J name !
Jeez Louise
Jacinda, Jacinta, Jasmine, Jewel, Jemima, JoAnna (Sweeney Tod anyone?), Josephine, Juanita
Julianne
Julie
Julianna
Jessica
Josie
Jade
Jezebel
Another possibility is Jodie (Jodi, Jody).
I still say Jessica - who cares if it is too similar to Jessa? They already have Joy-Anna and Johannah and Jeremiah and Jedidiah!!
Jaden/Jayden can be a boy or girl name. My neice is Jayden and is 12 1/2 years old. Back then no one had heard of that name but now its quite popular. Even Britney spears used it for her son.
Jacy or Jenna would be cute.
How about Jane? I don't think they have one of those yet, and its pretty and normal. Though, of course, they don't do normal.
I dont get why people say they dont use normal names!! The oddest name they have is Jedidiah, other than that they are all pretty common.
^^
Jinger????? Not normal.
How about Jemma, June, or Judith?
I can just about bet they'll go with Julie Grace though. I actually like it a lot.
Anonymous said...
My guess is Julie or Julianne.
10/11/2008 1:21 PM
comment of the week nomiinee please
Anonymous said...
Jessica is too similar to Jessa.
How about Jamie ? No..that's too similar to James.
hmmmmmm.....
Joanne? Nope, too siliar to Joyanna
geez....
Jackie?? Oh for the love of God it's too similar to Jackson.
Justine?? ( Justin...crap )
Ok, I give up.
10/13/2008 5:34 PM
that should be nominated for camment of the week!
I kind of liked January. Or Jane, nothing wrong with Jane, or Jamie (she could be Jamie Roberta and be called Jamie Bobbie) or they could go exotic with J'Lane.
Or Juliette?
I don't think they'd go with something like Jemima...once Josh and Anna have a baby she'd then be Aunt Jemima...hahahaha!
Jerri
Janet
Janine
Jean
Janel
Julia Grace
Jezebel lol.
Jenevieve
Jebidizah-Hebinizah-Allibabba-Ruthalicious-WhompAss.
Best British name ever (hubby wouldn't agree to it for any of our three girls): Jemma
I met a girl at a party last Saturday night and she told me she'd just come from the Duggar wedding. She also told me that the new baby is going to be Jessica. I don't know how reliable a source she is, but she WAS there!
Jillian.
Janelle
Janae
Julia
Japonica
Jules, Juliette, Jailynn, Jerri (oh wait, that was the b*tch who stole my first boyfriend), Joyce, Janice, Jemma, Joelle, JayJay (ok, that's silly), Jillian (my fav)
Juliana Rose
Jillian Grace
They should go with Jacqueline (my mother's middle name and my favorite J name of all.)
Jane is nice too, but too similar to Jana.
Jebidizah-Hebinizah-Allibabba-Ruthalicious-WhompAss.
That was my most favorite suggestion by far. But may I suggest, Jeebusjuststophavingkidsalready.
How about "Justnobodysbusinesshowmanykidswehave"
Mrs.P
how about just, "#21"?,,, whatever.
J-etc., J-etc., J-etc. (A la Yul Brenner).
What about Jasmine?
Post a Comment