Free Discussion January 2012

Please use this for Duggar sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars, please rethink before sending. Thank you!


224 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 224 of 224
Jac&Jil said...

imaamy said...

So so many people add "apostrophe s" to make plural nouns. Even well-educated people. That is the way to make a noun possessive. I'd venture more people than not do use an apostrophe.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It is still wrong to use an apostrophe "s" to make a noun plural, even if you are well educated, and just plain bad English. If the girl holding the sign is homeschooled, then the person instructing her does not know his/her basic grammar. If the girl does go to a regular school and her teacher saw her on tv, I would hope he/she would take her aside and teach her the correct way to make a word plural.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't see an arrogant rube when I look at Josh. I'm not saying that he hasn't enjoyed the benefits from the show's perks, but he did seem earnest in his singing. The Duggar instrumentalists appeared to be cringing, but I think Josh thoroughly enjoyed his performance. I think this is more the product of never being around kids who weren't your siblings or kids who weren't strictly vetted. He seemed to really think he was helping Rick Santorum. Maybe he was, who knows.

Tweet said...

Looks like they've most certainly broadened their musical tastes - at one point it was classical and hymns only. They've now branched out into Bluegrass - those rebels:) Josh even had a pic of Ricky Skaggs on his instagram. And IMHO, if you're going to do bluegreass, Ricky Skaggs is king :) They're obviously graduating from only violin/piano to other musical instruments (guitar, trumpet, etc.).

Admit it Duggars, you've tasted more of outside world and you've found that, hey - I can love God and bluegrass or I can love God and play trumpet. What next? I can love God and wear pants? It's obvious the skirts have gotten shorter.

tulip said...

Josh looks bigger than I thought he did even a week ago. I agree he definitely looks like he's up to about 250 (and counting).

With The Bates joining in on the campaign trail, The Duggars should be leaving the music to them. The Bates' bluegrass is way better than the opera/violin/guitar combo performances from The Duggars. The first time I heard Josh's bellowing seranade was when he was singing to Anna at their wedding, and asked myself "Really?"...ugh!

tulip said...

Come to think of it, why worry about weight? The next paid endorsement is right around the corner...The Duggars have promoted Weight Watchers in the past, why not just jump on the bandwagon of celebrity spokespersons? What about Celebrity Fit Club? With all the other losers participating on that show, Josh would fit right in!

Miggy said...

I've wondered for a long time about the Duggars musical abilities. They started young, they practice, why aren't they better players? They seem oblivious to their lack of ability too. Why aren't they embarrassed? The adults play at about the level of my junior high orchestra. Maybe we could ask them to bring the Reiths on tour next time.

heavennoseven said...

I wonder if Josie is being dragged along as well. It is past the first two years(if they go by when she was born) which was never followed. How can Michelle act like she didn`t jute lose a baby a month ago? Is it because she can`t show emotion.

How many duggars will be of legal voting age come 11/12.

imaamy said...

Oh I agree it is incorrect. Sadly, I see many non SOTDRT teachers make that and similar errors:(

Softballfan said...

Only like the 5 oldest were in South Carolina. The youngest did not even go to Iowa.

rcadra2 said...

I saw on Josh's Instagram account that they are headed to Florida. What the heck? Does this family have nothing else to do? I wonder how many more days it will be until Josie ends up in the ER with another respiratory thing.

Stephanie said...

Since we are still on open discussion. This morning on rerun Michelle was pregnant with Josie they visited the Bates. Bates did a shopping trifor the visit and grocery Bill was 2300 dollars. Did TLC pay? Gil is poor. There is no way he paid for that. Didnt show him pay.

rcadra2 said...

It looks like they've been on the road since around Jan 14. And if they are heading to Florida now, you can add another four of five days until they get home. That's a long time to be away from the youngest dozen blessings. It seems kind of wacky to be away for so long on such a peculiar mission.

I wonder which poor soul is home babysitting? I hope it's not Grandma Duggar.

The Florida primary isn't until Jan. 31. I wonder if they are all staying in Florida for another week?

Anonymous said...

Interesting article on Politico.com. "Jim Bob Duggar Talks Life on the Trail". It will answer some of your questions.

Sharla said...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/endorsement-of-the-day-109318.html

and

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/01/jim-bob-duggar-talks-life-on-the-trail-111867.html

Be aware that politico.com can slow down your computer.

tulip said...

I bet they will be staying through the Florida primary. The youngest kids are not with, however, Josh did drag Anna with AND their two young kids (baby and toddler!), however, Anna's family is in Florida, so, I'm sure that's the excuse that will be used when he's criticized for doing so. And to think, what if Anna IS pregnant? I really feel sorry for her.

And getting back to TLC...I can definitely see this all being used for next season (if there is one)-there's nothing else to film! Except maybe The Bates' new baby. Oh, that will be squeezed in when showing them on the road campaigning with The Duggars. The Duggars have to use other people to create their episodes for them because either no one cares about what they're doing anymore, or we all know it's staged & phony.

Elverna Bradshaw said...

TLC can not use any campaign footage that specifically mentions or shows Santorum or they would have to give equal time to his opponents.

Allison said...

So, if Michelle and Jim Bob are both on the road with only FIVE of the 19 children, what the heck are the other 14 doing? Who are they with? Who is teaching them their lessons? "Volunteer" friends? Ugh. Go home to your children!

Although I guess I should be grateful that maybe someone who actually knows how to teach and take care of children are at home with the youngest blessings, giving them some sense of normalcy instead of the crazy hullabaloo that comes with a cross-country tour...

heavennoseven said...

I hope its more then one older girl with all the siblings. I don`t care how old you are. 13 is way too many to do on your own.

I don`t think I saw Jana in the pics. I wonder if the duggars know they can only vote in one state. If Rick is out come November. I bet they will stil try to write him in.

How`s the second car lots reopening going,Josh?

ennvee said...

So, if Michelle and Jim Bob are both on the road with only FIVE of the 19 children, what the heck are the other 14 doing? Who are they with? Who is teaching them their lessons? "Volunteer" friends? Ugh. Go home to your children!

==================================

I don't think Michelle is with the caravan full-time. I saw Josiah and one of the boy twins in a picture over MLK weekend in SC, but it sounds like they were only there briefly. Jana has been home the entire time; she hasn't been seen or noted as on the campaign trail at any point. I imagine, she, Grandma and the Querys take care of the kids (whatever that means anymore) full-time. Since Jessa is in charge of "education," I can't speculate on who is checking up on the kids in her extended absence. Joseph and Josiah have been doing Jim Bob's "work" for quite some time (and Joseph won't be 18 before the election; I think he just turned, or is just about to turn, 17), so Jim Bob isn't missed, except there's no one to lead "Bible Time," since there's no adult male in the house.

heavennoseven said...

Poor Jana. The girl isn`t even going to college +. When the parents are gone is always a male who leads bible time despite if hes younger then the girls. I saw grandma in the pics.

I hope TLC ends this sad saga before any new footage hits the airs. We will still get updates via Josh and maybe a special if someone gives birth or courting.

Pippa said...

Josh hasn't posted food pictures in a couple of days. I worry that he's getting enough to eat.

ennvee said...

Thanks for recalling Grandma at one of the rallies over MLK weekend. It was the same one where I saw the younger boys (but none younger than Jed/Jer. I saw the one who looks like JimBob, Jeremiah, I think, as well as Josiah working a bow-tie.

But no Jana.

No food pics from Josh of late, but lots of pics of Santorum on TV AT restaurants. He half-heartedly live-blogged tonight's debate, but to be honest, his "guy didn't have much to say. Josh was limited to complaining about "liberal Democrats" hosting "Republican" debates (NBC hosted tonight and CNN will host Thursday). Dude needs to get some new material. I'd even settle for a good ole pic of cheeseburger and fries. :D

Stephanie said...

I love these morning reruns. Michelle in the hospital with Josie, older kids in El Salvador Anna trying to watch the rest and they were wild. One boy was eating at the dining room table and climbed across the table pushing his plate with him. One boy hurt his hand and showed Anna and his hand was filthy and they had been inside all day. She didnt even make him wash his hand and I mean they were, FILTHY it really grossed me out. That house is not clean.

ennvee said...

Haven't been able to see the 2nd page of posts today, but in case it shows up again, I wanted to let people know that he posted a picture of a Confederate flag on his Instagram account today.

Way to go, bud.

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 224 of 224   Newer› Newest»