Free Discussion, August, 2014
Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
416 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 400 of 416 Newer› Newest»What makes everyone so sure that the Duggars disagree with Ben's catholic insults? Perhaps they agree with him. I, for one, think they agree with him whole heartedly. Shame on them. Their "love everyone" show is a farce.
-----------------
BINGO!
But they sure won't rock the TLC $$$ boat.
I don't think they're actually married. I think Jessa is emotionally 13, and instead of doodling "Mrs. Jessa Sewald" on her math notebook, she does it on twitter.
I don't understand why people think that these brainwashed children want to fly out of the nest so badly. They have seen that their parents way of looking at the world pays off in big green dollars. Why would they leave? I'm not saying that all of them will want to follow Gothard teachings, but it's what they know and they have seen it work well for their family
As far as people thinking that just because Derick went to college that he must go to bars and have non-conservative friends and outings is absurd. For all we know he went to a Christian College. He may not shun others, but he is not going to place himself or Jill into a situation where they are sitting at a nice sports bar with a beer. People tend to stick with like minded folks. He is being engulfed as we speak more deeply into this cult.
just because Derick went to college .... For all we know he went to a Christian College.
The last time I looked Oklahoma State was a public institution.
Please remember to respect everyone's opinion. You may disagree, but saying someone's view is absurd or stupid or anything similar can result in having your comment rejected.
They've been to the ballet, too. They saw The Nutcracker one year.
I never thought I'd say this, but I like David Waller more than Ben Boy. Something about Ben just totally creeps me out. David is just different.
Since the issue has come up a few times, Derrick went to Oklahoma State University....a large, public university. I'm sure he saw more than a few people drinking beer at times :)
And, see? He still remained a good Christian who went of his own volition on a missionary trip and seems to have survived working in the real world with the "wolves," as Gil Bates would label everyone else.
As far as people thinking that just because Derick went to college that he must go to bars and have non-conservative friends and outings is absurd. For all we know he went to a Christian College. He may not shun others, but he is not going to place himself or Jill into a situation where they are sitting at a nice sports bar with a beer. People tend to stick with like minded folks. He is being engulfed as we speak more deeply into this cult.
---
Derick attend Oklahoma State University. He was the school mascot, just like his dad. You can google to find out more about this. But yes, he went to public university, which is where a lot of the assumptions (IMO) about him being more liberal and/or normal are coming from. But I disagree. I went to a very liberal public university and was friends with several very conservative individuals because I was part of a Christian youth group. Keep in mind this was still a southern university, so going to be predominately conservative. And Derick may have grown more conservative since leaving and doing his missions trip.
I apologize for using the word absurd in may previous post. I do respect all views on this board and enjoy the various discussion points we all bring to the table. It was mot my intention to name call anyone, I just was feeling a little over zealous in my post.
That wedding that Jill and Derick attended last week, I understand was the wedding of one of Derick's groomsmen. A poster stated they looked it up and the bride and groom didn't seem to be ultra fundamental, but "regular folks". Obviously, Derick has some mainstream friends, so I thought that he would continue his friendships from school and socialize with his buddies from time to time. As college alumns,they follow football, etc. A Saturday at a sports bar to watch their team plan is quite common. If one of Derick's friends ordered a beer, how would Jill react? I don't think it's fair of Jill, etc., to require others to appear in skirts only, if female, or refrain from enjoying a beer in a restaurant while in her presence, do you? I was just wondering if Derick has mainstream friends that he will "keep up with" and go out with as couples? It's quite a normal thing to do.
RE:Mom in Texas& Allison's comments: I remember when Michelle was pregnant ( sorry expecting) with Jordyn, & for some reason they went to a upscale children's shop, as opposed to a thrift shop, as a treat for Michelle, I guess. The entire family went, the older kids & younger ones. I'm sure John David & Joe were interested in baby shopping. Anyway, there was a play area for children, & Jackson found some type of music box & began playing it & dancing around. The producer told Jana & she went right over to see what was going on & asked Jackson what he was doing. He showed her his version of "dancing" & Jana said sometimes the little kids do things like that & call it "jumping for joy." That was the end of Jackson dancing that day.
When the Duggars visited Restoration Church, where JB & Josh's trainer worships & there was all the music & dancing, I thought some of the kids thought it was funny, as they were laughing & some appeared frightened. No matter what they see outside the home there is a stop put to it in the Duggar house.
I read this great article about courting. We homeschool but will let our boys date with appropriate boundaries. They will not have to have a chaperone at all times. This article seems to lump all homeschoolers together as being in favor of courting and that most homeschooled children will never marry. I don't agree with that part but the rest is so true in my opinion. All I could think of when reading this was the Duggars.
http://www.thomasumstattd.com/2014/08/courtship-fundamentally-flawed/
Just because a couple goes out to dinner and has a couple of drinks does not make them evil! If they want respect for their religion then they need to do the same for others!
If I had even six children and no housekeeper or gardener, I'd rarely be seen without a mop, vacuum cleaner, dust cloth, or dishtowel in my hands. I only have four people in my family and even with their help, I spend at least an hour a day cleaning or tidying up and at least a day on the weekend catching up on laundry, windows, kitchen cabinets, etc. That doesn't include shopping, cooking, and kitchen cleanup, of course. Plus, my hair might not look great and my hands stained from weeding. I think I saw the girls with a Swiffer mop once (product placement), but since Jackson was born, I've never seen hide nor hair of a vacuum cleaner or a toilet brush or a dirty rag. So who's cleaning the house, including deep cleaning, and when? Just the older girls? If so, I hope Jinger, Jana and Joy put their collective feet down and get some relief.
Katie's Mom:
No matter what they see outside the home there is a stop put to it in the Duggar house.
__________________________________
And this is the point I was making. Not sure why Alison found it to be "ridiculous". We are all entitled to our own opinion, I guess. The Duggars put a stop to everything the kids do that they don't agree with. The little guy seemed to be enjoying himself but I am pretty sure once it was noticed, someone put a stop to it.
Are jana and john-david not on social media because they aren't courting or married? I wonder if they're allowed to have twitter accounts like their sibling, or of it's considered more of a liability than benefit to give them a platform to use without an agenda (I.e.- imminent marraige and kids)
A few days ago, a rerun was shown when Pris & Anna, visiting their parents in Florida, Anna said to her sister, "Oh, how am I going to do it with 6 kids?". Well, Anna, I have the wise words of wisdom for your fear: "use the intellect that God gave you, and DON'T HAVE 6 KIDS." She is such an idiot, IMO.
Poor Pris, was being carted around 16 days after giving birth with 20 hours of labor. These people treat their wives like pack mules. They really have no respect for them at all.
The moving episode to DC, Anna had JUST given birth to Marcus and he had her hauling butt moving to DC! How inconsiderate of him, too...it just gets my goat.
Note to Michelle: Stop treating your daughters like indentured servants. YOU are the one who has brought them in this life, they didn't ask you to be born, so why are should they serve you at the level that they do? As I see it, you do nothing for them. Why aren't YOU, up first thing in the a.m. and cooking a large vat of oatmeal for your family for breakfast? You are on the elliptical, tending to your girlish figure while your daughters are washing, dressing & feeding their younger siblings. Start by serving your own children, "example, you know".
I watching a few old clips on TLC.com where Jill was giving a "tour" of the girls room. She simply stood in one place while the camera sort of panned around. I only saw 5 beds and a bunk and she said all nine girls were sleeping in there. Where exactly? That means at least 2 girls are doubled up. Now if it was a matter of a struggling family who couldn't afford it that would be one thing. But these people can obviously afford 2 more beds. At the time when they built the house they had 5 girls with one more on they way. They were obviously planning on having more children. You didn't plan ahead and think where will we put them if we have more girls? Guess that's why Jill and Jessa had to start to court and get married so they could get their own beds.
I really hope Jana finds someone soon. I think she would make the best wife/mother of them all! Doesn't she deserve to have a life and family of her own? The older she gets, the harder it will be to find a decent one. One without kids, a broken marriage, or a broken courtship. Jim Bob wouldn't approve of the first two for sure. I hope Jim Bob gets to work on finding her a suitable one, since that is sadly how it is done in Duggarland.
Michelle should have been voted CEO of the year, not MOTY. High profits and loyal workers who joyfully do any job for free.
Mom in Texas: you said and I quote: " I wonder where he would have even known to do that since the Duggars don't dance and supposedly don't have exposure to dancing."
And my point was that yes, in fact they do have exposure to dancing, along with many other "worldly" things. They are obviously discouraged from dancing, however. You may have intended a different meaning, but I was responding to what was written.
I wonder if they keep john-david at home (he's older than josh was when he married, and there doesn't seem to be any talk of courtship for him) so he can be a fill-in "head" when JB is out. Can't run the risk of Michelle or one of the older daughters having a say or telling the sons what to do... It would make sense that they turned John-David and Jana home as shadow parents. That way, JB and Michelle can be out-and-about, they can pretend to be a well-functioning family by marrying off their older kids, all while so,some holds the fort.
Any activity they do on camera (example the fireworks episode or in the first special the $1400 grocery trip), I think its in their contract that TLC pay for things they do on TV. It wouldn't be worth it if they spent $ for a show just to get the t lc paycheck.
They have been on TV for ten years, Where is the children's paycheck? TheGosselin kids have accounts and have showed them in court.
I still think that Jana deserves the best husband of them all; a handsome, kind loving man with BIG bucks who treats her like a real queen, not a breeding mare.But as the years go by, she's pushing 26 and the likelihood of her finding a 27+ year old virgin man is dwindling. Jim Bob really needs to put Jana first on HIS plate of mate-finding. We are all noticing that they take advantage of her and it's not flattering to them at all.
The Gosselins and TLC only set up trusts for the children when forced to do it by the state of Pennsylvania.
I wholeheartedly agree Jim Bob should find Jana a mate soon. I really wish SHE could search for one herself. I was hoping that rumor of her courting that Skylar guy was true. He is really good looking. And he hangs out with Josh, where Jana had been staying this summer.She needs to get a life of her own. I see no reason why Michelle can't take care of the younger ones. They aren't toddlers anymore! Time for the older girls to start lives of their own.
I think Jessa and Ben did get engaged this past Thursday. Someone posted on the other thread that there really is the assumption that once someone is courting, they are going to get married. Engagement is more of a "okay, now we're actively planning the wedding." Courting seems to be more of a "guilty until proven innocent," whereas the plan is for marriage to happen unless something horrible happens (which is doubtful).
For example, Michael Bates is courting a gentleman, and even though they are not engaged, Kelly is already fielding questions about when their wedding is going to happen (next spring, she says, after the man graduates seminary, I believe it is). So even though they aren't formally engaged -- because they aren't actively wedding planning -- they are going to get married. So I think that's why Jessa felt it was okay to take on his surname in social media. I do find it a bit childish and a bit like an 8th graders' "Mrs. Ryan Reynolds" or whatever it is these days.
Essentially, Jessa and Ben have been engaged, from our POV, because a wedding has been the endgame the whole time (what with the move, etc). However, the official beginning of wedding planning was on Thursday, with the formal proposal.
That being said, I do think Jana is courting someone. The Duggars seem very plotting when it comes to announcing certain things, and with Jana's frequent trips to DC I would not be surprised if it was some nice young ATI man working for a uber right-wing organization. Just an hunch.
==The older she gets, the harder it will be to find a decent one. One without kids, a broken marriage, or a broken courtship==
I don't see where any of those situations automatically make someone indecent. Zach Bates had a broken courtship, he solved that by meeting his own bride by himself. A failed marriage with/without kids doesn't make someone a failure as long as they figure out what went wrong and what they can do better.
Truly, I am hopeful that the older Jana gets the more likely she is to find someone mature enough to stand up to the Duggars. Someone a little older than Derick, but just as self confident.
My opinion, from what I have seen of the Duggar money system is that Jim Bob's family is paid in one lump sum check per episode and expenses to some type of Duggar Family Trust Acct. This way, the kids do NOT get paid individually and he and MIchelle have all the bucks and total control over it. I'm also pretty sure that the remaining children at home have absolutely NO idea that is being done, or that they have an actual legal right to be paid individually in their own names and accounts. Jessa, does NOT have any money of her own, IMO, as the book they "wrote", is also paid to this type of "trust". I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.
Josh, since he married, gets his own check, per family, Anna has not money of her own; just what Josh alots her..Jill has a more savvy husband in Derick and I'm sure he and Jill will be paid separately. As for poor old little Be, by default, he and Jessa will be paid separately too for their appearances on the show; no appearance = no check. We will be seeing all of the married kids often.
I have asked a question a few times about a dowry...in their system does Jim Bob have to give a dowry to his daughters' future husbands in exchange for them to carry their freight from day one on into eternity? Did Mr. Kellar have to pay for Anna? No one touches this topic, and it is quite a valid question, as it was customary in the "olden days".
To mythoughtis
I think what the poster meant was Jim Bob would never approve of a man with a broken marriage or kids. Fundies are very particular. They want someone pure and innocent and no one that has given pieces of their heart away. It's part of the Gothard teachings.
Someone outside of fundies know that a man with kids or has been married before aren't a horrible person. I think the poster was just thinking how
Jim Bob would react to this type of man that may be interested in one of his daughters. I mean why does Jim Bob have to screen every potential suitor? Because he has to find one that is fundie approved.
Does "cousin Amy" get her own check for appearances on the show or does she do it out of the kindness of her heart?
We've always seen the little girls sleeping in Jana or some of the older girls beds. Of course, we have also seen many of the Duggars kids, both boys & girls that are just sleeping on a blanket on the floor with a pillow. I remember seeing a couple of them, sleeping on the staircase with their blanket & a pillow.I think it's a sure bet that the Duggar little kids don't have a "normal," bedtime routine, where they are bathed, put on PJ's, ( they are always sleeping in their clothes, dungarees etc)maybe have a story, not just bible study but a story book & get into their own bed with sheets & blankets. They never do that. The kids just seem to drop where they want to & go to sleep & arise early around, 10 or 11 am the next morning unless, they need to get up to be filmed for the Today show. I've never seen so many children just sleeping on the floor, as those kids do, both boys & girls. I believe Josie because she was such a micro premie, actually was put in a crib for a little longer than that average Duggar child. We are seeing a lot of the same with Josh's kids being, "night owls." They claim that's it's genetic, that the kids won't go to sleep early. Again they are always saying they have so much energy, they can't get them to sleep until very late, so they sleep late in the am. They'd have to change that pattern pretty quickly, if the kids went to regular school, but this way they just make up their own schedule. I guess it's just part of; "this is the way we coose to live out lives."
All I can think of when reading this post is a verse from the bible that says something like, "and David danced before the Lord."
Re: Josh and Anna's kids' bedtime:
An earlier episode showed these "smart parents' trying to get Mac to go to bed one night. They were playing with her chasing a ball around, stimulating her..Well, any parent knows that you don't "wake them up" and stimulate them at night. You calm them down, town down the lights a bit, bathe them, put them in their pajamas and settle them down with QUIET. They were doing quite the opposite with her. They really need to clean up their acts with the kids, Duggars included about their hygiene, beds, sheets, and pajamas, sleeptime routines and get those kids to bed at a decent time EVERY night. They are all so wild; it is chaos, and a noisy place. How can Grandma Duggar relax at all?
I don't think they see a need for a bedtime. They do everything on Duggar time and it's not like the kids have to get up at a certain time to get to school or even a job at a certain time. But they do make sure they are on time when they visit the Today Show and are awake when the Today Show comes to their house to film. Grandma Duggar isnt their to relax, she is there to make sure the laundry gets done and to serve Queen Mullet. If Jimboob and Mullet had any respect for Grandma, they would "encourage" her to live by herself and occassionally visit to see her grandkids and have fun with them. I certainly can't imagine Queen Mullet visiting her married children's homes and doing chores. Shr would still expect to be waited on hand and foot.
Josh/Anna/kids were in my area recently.....here is the link to the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/destinationgettysburg/photos/pcb.10152353965707449/10152353963862449/?type=1&theater
Really? A Skypiversary? Jill is a bit immature. Wait till that first contraction hits. That will knock the silly out of her!
Remember that will be the hubby's call and Jim Boob will have to nash his teeth in relative silence.
Omg lmfao. I so agree. "You got a fast car....."
They can never seem to understand the need for an early bdtime for little ones. Those kids are always exhausted & acting out which they refer to as, "so much energy." I remember the time Josh & Anna were trying to put Mac to bed, by playing ball & stimulating her. Josh kept insisting it's just a Duggar trait or genetics, to go to bed late & sleep late in the morning. That's not a trait on genetics, it's a very bad habit. Children respond to a routine. Maybe I was just selfish, but by the end of the day, I wanted peace & quiet, & my kids went to bed by 7pm or 7:30pm at the latest, depending on their age. No arguing. When they were as young as Jenny, Jordyn. Josie they also had an afternoon nap. There was "no happy nappy," just into bed with a book & off to nap within a few minutes. At night, no trying to get them to sleep by going around the room while each one took a turn at singing goodnight to Jesus. Bath, PJ's, story, into bed, nightlight on, kisses & goodnight sweethearts, I'll see you in the morning! Wide eyed at 6-7 am not digging at their eyes & yawning.
I absolutely agree with anonymous8/17 @10:01am. about the way the money is handled. I also believe it goes into one account that Michelle & JB have total control over & that none of the kids know what they are entitled to. I think JB has control over monies rom the girls book. What a great, Godly, Christian family , what a ministry. Boy what we can all learn from JB & Michelle on how to sell our family & keep the money for our own enjoyment. Isn't there anyone that watches out for these kids from these reality shows? I have never even seen the, "Honey Boo Boo Show," & hear people say it's ridiculous & a joke, but it's my understanding, that the mother in the show, has all the money in trust for the kids. I don't know if there is any truth to this at all, but boy if there is, then she should be "MOTY," no matter if people laugh at her or joke about her. Maybe she's the one doing right by her kids.
June from Honey Boo Boo has never said she puts all the money from show aside for the girls. She has said she set up trusts for them and has put a lot of the show money aside. They've also bought new vehicles, been seen on shopping sprees, and other uses of new money. She also uses to the money to try to control the girls. Don't get the nomination forms out any time soon.
Re: My comments about he mom in "Honey Boo Boo Show", putting money in trust for the kids I apologize if I am incorrect about that, but even if she has put some away in trust for her kids I believe it's a lot more than the Duggas have done.I believe what she has done, she did on her own for her kids & not because the state forced her to as in the Gosselins caese. I have to believe that at least some of those expensive vehicles the Duggars drive have come from their association with TLC. Look at the money that has been spent on the Duggar family trips to Europe & Asia. I don't know if TLC has provided trip like that for that family. No I'm not nominating her for;MOTY but she still may be ahead of Michelle. I'don't know if she uses her daughter as maids. Also as of now, I'm not sure any kids are as controlled as the Duggar kids with or without money.
There is no doubt in my mind that any trip/vacation that is filmed by TLC is paid for fully by TLC as it is episode material. The Duggars are also paid the for the episode itself. A family of that size, considering all the vehicles, motor home, busses, motor equipment and a house that size simply can't continue to live that lifestyle without TLC/magazine interview/Today show money. Jim Bob is not a Rockefeller with his investment income, etc.
Also, about "helping out the kids" as they marry, I believe that he helps them out with a house to live in for the cost of the house ie, taxes,insurance. This way, he looks good helping them out (Josh and now Jill), yet still maintains ownership of the house/property, when the kids move out, he has lost nothing and can turn those things into income property again..he's not a dumb bunny, he is very sly and resourceful. He and Michelle always come out on top. She is a champion at taking advantage of her children's manual labor for nothing.
Michelle spoke out against anti-discrimination legislation.. Implying that trans people are predators. That's the last straw for me, I won't be watching their show anymore. They really need to stop speaking about issues they know nothing about. I feel bad for their whole family, living in so much ignorance!
Just because a person is gay, lesbian, transgender OR straight does not automatically make them a sexual predator or a pedophile.
What is wrong with Michelle? I'll tell you what: She can't stay out of the limelight. Jill and now Jessa have the spotlight. It's time for her to shut up and go clean something....for a change.
Since the Duggars are on TV and have made themselves "famous" as a family, they need to stay out of political issues. TLC should tell them if they continue to step out in the political ring, that their show will not continue. That will shut Jim Bob and Michelle up very quickly..as they don't want to say"adios" to the $$$$$.
Michelle Duggar needs to keep her mouth shut. She has a large number of young children, that at this point in time, she has no idea, if it could be possible that, one day she will learn that there are trans gender or gay people in her own home. I'm truly sick of hearing how wonderful Christians are & I have been a Christian all my life. But, I know there are so many wonderful, loving, kind people in this world that practice a different religion. The same way there are wonderful people that live a very different lifestyle than I do. I have a wonderful, hard working, kind& generous nephew who I love dearly & ready for this Michelle & JB...he's Gay! It makes me sick to hear Josh & his group as well as his parents, comment on trans gender or gay people. They know nothing about these people. In my eyes he's head & shoulders above the Duggars. What in the world do they think would happen if a gay person visited their home? Would several kids suddenly,"become Gay? I think the "Duggar Days," on TLC are getting numbered & I couldn't be happier."
If you read Michelle's remarks you have to wonder what was the purpose of these hicks traveling to so many countries on TLC's dollar? Any other family would have learned a few things by being exposed to other cultures & different people. In Europe there are unisex bathrooms everywhere. What did they do when they were in Europe? I guess they must have just stayed in their hotel rooms. What a complete waste to take that entire family to Europe & Asia. Obviously,they never learned a thing. They should have stayed in AR
I wanted to make sure everyone knew that Jill tweeted that Derick's mom has been declared in remission from her cancer. Woohoo! That's some good news right there! Very happy for Cathy.
Regarding Michele's robo-call, I have to say "good for Michele". Children should be protected from ALL predators.
I don't happen to agree with the media-induced politically correct belief that LGBTs don't have sexual predators in that group.
I also believe that there are plenty of predators in every group, no matter what race, sexual orientation, or religion they belong to.
I also think Michele and JimBob need to face reality about Gothard being a predator too.
Did anyone else feel a bit creeped out by JimBob & Michelle's milkshake photo for the Amazon Prime ad? Is it expected that every Duggar couple takes photos of them sharing a milkshake with a significant other. Sadly it will be the closest they get to kissing their future spouse before their Daddy says "You may kiss the bride."
As an oncology nurse that works in Hospice, I am hoping & praying that Derick's mom, Cathy, is indeed in remission. I have to wonder how long she had been
suffering with this cancer before it was made public. We only heard about it, when she was unable to make the wedding rehearsal. This is an extremely brief period of time, June to August, even with the best of treatment, for someone to be declared in remission. If it's true, & I hope it is, it will give hope to many of my patients.
“When someone shows you who they are, believe them...”
― Maya Angelou
Michelle's ignorant robocall is a good example of what the Duggars are really all about. They want to impose (by civil law) THEIR prejudices and extremist beliefs onto the rest of us, and that is unacceptable to me. Of course they have the right to be as uneducated and prejudiced as they like--but they do not have the right to take away the rights of others.
Well, Michelle's robocall didn't work. The Fayetteville council voted 6-2 in favor of the anti-discrimination ordinance. All Michelle did was show her true colors once again. I watched quite a bit of the council meeting and it was a fascinating process. They did allow non-residents to speak, but I don't think Michelle did. I heard Michelle and Jim Bob were at the meeting, but I did not notice them. One speaker did make reference to Michelle, however, but not by name. I was impressed that the city council did not let the issue go to a public vote in November. I'm sure it was the intent of Michelle Duggar to pressure the council to put the issue up for public vote in hopes that it would be shot down. Glad to see they did not give in to the bullying behavior of a non-resident.
Regarding Michelle's robocall... I agree that not all people of ANY group are predators, and that some peope of any group are predators. We can't always tell who as evidenced by the news every day. Nice, normal looking people turn out to be monsters every day.
However, as a female, I do not want to share my bathroom with a trans-gender person.
Their DNA is still the same DNA they were born with.
I applaud their decision to make their body look like what they want and need, and I will never give them a hard time about it. But, I still don't want to share a bathroom with someone whose DNA makes them a male, regardless of their current appearance.
Yes, that's my issue, but it's something I need to be comfortable.
Jill is pregnant. That was quick. She found out by taking one of Michelle's pregnancy tests that she happens to keep lying around.
Not getting the children to bed at a reasonable time is just lazy or no parenting. You train your children to establish a routine and getting a good nights sleep is essential for good health. The kids are so neglected with no pajamas, no sheets or pillow cases, no beds half the time and sleeping until noon that it is child abuse in my books.
Now that Jill is pregnant finally, perhaps we can look forward to seeing her wild ones take over their lives. For all those who stated her husband was so smart---I don't think it is smart to start breeding immediately after the wedding.
http://m.eonline.com/news/571024/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-expecting-a-baby
http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-pregnant-derick-dillard-expecting-first-child
Does anyone else think maybe they set a wedding date according to her ovulation schedule? The article says they gathered the family 30 days after their wedding to announce the pregnancy....geesh!
People just announced "Another Duggar on the Way". Jill is pregnant. If you want to be technical, this baby is a Dillard, not Duggar.
Jill and Derrick are having a baby! I wish they had waited a while to enjoy life as a married couple away from the family.
Jill is pregnant...sigh. There goes our pipe dreams of them having some cool experiences overseas as missionaries together, just husband and wife, and her pursuing her passion for midwife work further.
In all seriousness, I wish them the best of luck and Jill a healthy pregnancy. But, I CANNOT stand the thought of Michelle cooing in her baby voice how excited she is to be a grandma again, blah blah blah. ACK!!!!
Wonder what JimBob's thoughts will be regarding allowing his daughter to be filmed by a male film crew while giving birth? We know no one cared about Anna's feelings on the subject.
Jill is PREGNANT!
People magazine got the rights to announcing that Jill is pregnant... Already.
Guess what, Jill's "expecting"
Well, that was quick! Jill is pregnant. I had hopes that they might enjoy just being married for a little while.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2729811/Duggar-wedding-night-conception.html
Jill is pregnant. It's on the cover of People. Wow.
Cant believe jill is having a baby already. Happy for her but boy that was quick. X
Jill is pregnant!! According to People.com, she and Derrick are due in March (honeymoon baby). Jill wants to deliver at home. I am shocked but not shocked.....I knew Jill would not waste anytime getting pregnant,but I hoped she would wait and go back to midwifery for awhile.
Funny side note: Derrick wants a girl, while Jill wants a boy....maybe she does not want her oldest to be sister mom like her!!
OFCOURSE she is pregnant. Their pregnancies are proof of how blessed they are by the Lord. They had to get pregnant right away to show how favored they are.
I don't find it nearly as interesting to see all about Jill & Derick's wedding ceremony & reception when the shows returns now, that It's been announced that Jill is pregnant. I feel like who cares about all the wedding preparations etc. Who wore what, what was served for food, how many guests. JB insincere tears at loosing at a daughter. Hey they got what they really wanted, they have moved on to the pregnancy. It does take a lot of the anticipation about seeing Jill pick out her wedding dress, the bridesmaids, just all wedding plans & put them on the back burner. Congratulations Jill & Derick, seems like we were just reading your wedding registry & now it will be another registry for the baby.
Well, now that Jill has upstaged Jessa's engagement news, which was kind of expected. She is following in her mother's footsteps of wanting the attention on her. I understand announcing to close family, but making it public before the first 12 weeks is not the wisest idea. Hope she has a safe pregnancy though.
They are banking off of People Magazine this week. It makes me sick to think of all these happy occasions in their lives are being contracted out for pictures and articles. Where is the joy in this, oh wait, JimBob gets a huge check so he's happy.
What was also pretty distributing about the announcement was the reference to taking one of Michelle's pregnancy tests. Firstly, that's way too much information and secondly, MIchelle you're 50 it's menopause not pregnancy you twat. Also, I'm starting think these people are straight up liers. They say and do things to add drama to a situation for sure. Notice at the end of the people magazine video, with a twinkle in her eye and a BIG smile on her face, Jill says she is leaving the number of children she has up to god.
That was quick! Their wedding was a week before ours. So far I have only had one inquisitive "so....are you?" question. Guess I will have to be very careful about not wearing high-waisted dresses to church. In the past I have had complete strangers ask if I was pregnant just because that's where I carry my extra weight.
We all knew that Jill would be expected to get pregnant right away but the newlywed stage is so wonderful. They need time to get to know each other and spend time alone together.
My new husband who is a farm kid himself and knows very little about the family & the TV show was shocked to see TLC air JB's sex talk while the kids were visiting the farm.
Re: However, as a female, I do not want to share my bathroom with a trans-gender person.
I agree, and I don't feel that my feelings are unfair or shameful. Going to the bathroom is a biological function, so the restrooms to me should be divided by biological gender.
That being said, what the heck were Michelle and JimBob doing at a council meeting outside their residency? This appears to be a pattern for them...trying to influence "legal" decisions outside their jurisdiction. The locals are the only ones who should be voicing an opinion on such things.
Gosh, Michelle, what are you going to do about male sexual predators who claim they are men using men's rooms and having access to little boys? Or, women sexual predators using women's rooms with little girls? Why don't you try and stop that, too?
I knew Jill's days of pretending to become a midwife, were over as soon as she meet Derick. For anyone who's waiting for the letters; "CM" or "LCM," after her name, I knew I called it, when I said the 3 letters in front of her name," MRS," would be the only ones we would ever see. Of course, now I guess she'll add three others:"MOM".
Well this is clearly the reason she left midwifery. She was already pregnant. Timing fits perfectly. I have to admit, the thing I'm most disappointed in is the fact she kept the charade up. At least Alyssa has the decency to say she doesn't want to pursue a career because she might get pregnant. What a waste of time training someone who has no intention of doing anything with it. I don't think Jill ever planned to be a midwife and mom. It was clearly just a hobby to her. What a waste...
Does anybody else think that it's tacky that Jill announced her pregnancy the same week that Jessa announced her engagement? Jill gets the cover of People Magazine. Jill gets a whole season devoted to planning her wedding. Jill, Jill, Jill.
Really? You couldn't let your sister have ONE WEEK to let the legions of fans congratulate her on her engagement?
Tacky. That's all it is. Tacky and thoughtless.
The married Duggar women seem to take pregnancy tests as a matter of routine...like brushing their teeth. Weird!
I agree completely with secondhand shoes. Why could Jill not wait a few weeks to announce her pregnancy and let Jessa have her moment for her engagement?
It seems like Jill has continually been upstaging Jessa in all of this past year. It was such a big deal when Jill went to Nepal, and then her engagement and now an entire season of wedding plans and attention. Poor Jessa who got asked to court in a broom closet and has JB and Michelle breathing down her and Ben's necks all the time.
I think that Jill or "Muffie" has always been the favorite child. It seems like she is closest to her parents of all the kids.....probably due to the fact that she is the only kid up for doing interviews and towing the party line.
Jill is that annoying perfect sister who always gets her way. I am sure she has gotten some side eye from Jessa and Jinger
Secondhandshoes, I agree about Jill being selfish in not allowing Jessa to have a little time in the spotlight to receive congratulations. When Jessa started courting, suddenly Jill announced that she was in love with someone she'd never met. She quickly met him, married him and is pregnant. In all that time, Jessa waited patiently for "her" time to be engaged.
I was hoping by now we might be hearing that Erin Paine is pregnant again. I hope she is with Whitney due in a few months and now Jill is pregnant. Also now I see Good Morning America is covering the Duggars intead of Today show-they were on today I guess to make the baby announcement.
What kind of excessive and wacky things will be on her baby registry?
Omg, where do I start? Why do Jill & Derick get the cover of People mag. w/ Lauren Bacall having passed & Celine Dion stepping away from her career of a lifetime indefinitely to be with her husband? But Jill & Derick are news because they are "shocked" they're expecting?
Why are these people always saying that they're "shocked" when finding out they're pregnant? Derick said "we were shocked" and it was "surreal"...Huh? Ok, you have sex w/ no birth control, prob. doing it every night & when males go from not having done it to doing it frequently there's more of an abundance of sperm going on, not to mention, Jill should be more than aware of her cycle. I guess that's why it was said she actually took 2 preg. tests prior to the one that showed positive? She prob. expected she just had to be pregnant. It was also said they convinced her to take one of "Michelle's" preg. tests. Seriously, why is it necessary to mention that detail? Michelle prob. still has a stockpile in her nightstand. Maybe they're so old they expired and that's why the first two tests showed up negative, or, they were cheapos from the dollar store and couldn't pick up on the hormone as early, or, they jumped the gun just like Josh & Anna did, supposedly having taken like 4 tests before it finally showed a positive. JB also said it was "about 30 days" after the wedding that they got everybody together to announce the news. Again with the detail. JB couldn't just say about a month, or last month like a normal person would? No, I guess 30 DAYS sounds like less time! Ugh. when will this end?...yeah I know, sadly not any time soon.
I guess there is no chance that this family will fade into the sunset. I don't know why it's news when they are pregnant since It's shocking when they aren't. You would think that no other woman has ever been pregnant. Dear Duggar family, it's called quality NOT quantity. Frankly Jill is starting to grate on my nerves the same way Josh does.
Wonder if Anna will trump Jills announcement with one of her own now?
I'm sure that Michelle is still testing herself monthly. Those pee sticks aren't old..
In agreement with the comments above, I do agree about concerns over sharing the bathrooms with no telling who.However, the Duggars do not acknowledge the allegations against Gothard nor validate their claims. It isnt hate to teach children anyone can be a child predator. THeynever need to let their guard down becasue of political correctness.The Duggars should have worded it differently to reflect that.
"I'm sure that Michelle is still testing herself monthly. Those pee sticks aren't old.."
Oops, you're right! Lol :)
Jill & Derick in no way deserve to be on that cover. Too much other stuff going on. They prob. would have even published it sooner, but thank goodness Robin Williams was more important.
"Frankly Jill is starting to grate on my nerves the same way Josh does."
Just what I was thinking.
"What kind of excessive and wacky things will be on her baby registry?"
Just what I was thinking next...you know they'll milk it for all it's worth. No trips to the local second hand store, except for TLC cameras, of course.
My opinion of Derick has plummeted. So much for thinking he was different, he fits the Duggar mold perfectly!
I don't think the "upstaging" was intentional.
It's not like Jill went "Derek we need to get preggers NOW so we can outshine my sister when she gets engaged!"
Her and her husband were doing what most (not all) married people do - create a family (even if it's at a pace some people wouldn't be comfortable doing themselves)
Jill expecting...it's official MD is loosing her mind!
Seriously, I expect Derick wanted his mom to be a grandmother because of her illness. This may have 'encouraged' the rushed pregnancy.
Let's see. Jill and Derick haven't even known each other for a year, were alone with each other for the first time on their wedding day/night, will be married two months tomorrow and Jill is already probably two months pregnant. The circus continues.
What is really sad is that if things keep going the way they are, none of the girls (so far Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy-Anna) will never have more than a GED education, and never have worked a 40-hour a week job. I think the Duggar legacy for these girls is already set in stone - breeding.
On a side note, the coming attractions for the new season show Jill and family wedding dress shopping, and Jill has on a dress that I think is far prettier and more flattering than her actual dress. She looks like she has a figure with a real waist in that dress, not straight up and down like she did in her wedding dress.
I hope that Jilly has gone to the doctor to confirm this pregnancy...I wouldn't rely on the pee sticks to make such an 'official' announcement....wonder if she went to A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery...for exam
I happened to see a special (not the 20-20 one) about Flora Jessop, formerly from FLDS Cult. She talked about how the women must have babies constantly because of the belief that there are souls in heaven waiting to be born. I know the Duggars are not FLDS, but boy the similarities are frightening. The control the father has over the wives & children, children walking in line behind the parents like little ducklings, the way the women wear their hair & the clothing, the modesty, refraining from interaction with the outside world& the one that I hate the most: "keeping sweet." So much that reminded me of the Duggars that I can't write it all here.
I was just thinking about a baby registry & thinking they couldn't possibly have even opened all the wedding gifts yet!
"What is really sad is that if things keep going the way they are, none of the girls (so far Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy-Anna) will never have more than a GED education, and never have worked a 40-hour a week job. I think the Duggar legacy for these girls is already set in stone - breeding."
That comment is not entirely true. Yes, they are very very unlikely to seek higher education but being a mom (even a sister-mom) is a 24/7 job. Personally, I think the guy who wins Jana's heart would be very blessed. She would be a great mom or elementary school teacher. But with Michelle having her daughters wait indefinitely for their daddy to find them husband will pretty much guarantees that none of the sister-moms will make it to their own "19 kids & counting" milestone. And everyone praises MOTY on how she can possibly have the time & energy to raise her 19 kids all while maintaining "sweet fellowship" with her husband. Michelle would be completely lost and desperate to hire a fleet of nannies if all the older girls get the courage to run. We can only hope!
Anna will never trump an announcement now that it's one of Michelle & JB "own daughters" that's pregnant. Anna will take a back seat from now on.
Everyone is saying there is no way the Duggars will fade into the sunset. I disagree.I think one wedding after another & one pregnancy after another is going to get very boring, very soon.
She's already kind of showing on the people mag cover....it will be suspicious if she delivers an 8 pounder in early February :)
Jim Bob must be grinning up to his ear$ with all the recent events that have put them in the news.
As far as leaving the no. of kids up to God,well then,you do not need to have sex for that to happen.Just ask Mary,Mother of Jesus.
I've only just come across the Duggars (I'm British!) so someone may have already mentioned this, but isn't it a bit weird that they get the kids so excited about each pregnancy so early on? Isn't that just setting them up for heartbreak if something goes wrong?
From personal experience here, my parents had a miscarriage when I was about 9 or 10, and they didn't tell me anything about it until I was older and could cope with it emotionally. And I'm glad they did that - I don't think it's appropriate to get young children excited about having a new sibling very early on.
I think I figured out why the Duggar daughters want to get pregnant so fast. If they spend too much alone time with their husbands they will realize they don't really love their husbands, so they get pregnant so they can have something to do and stay "in love" with their husbands. Just a thought.
It was VERY quick for Jill to get pregnant. But why are they so shocked? If you have sex often it's going to happen. No reason to be shocked.
Re: I don't think the "upstaging" was intentional.
Since Jill is so early along in her pregnancy, she could have least waited a few more weeks to make either a private or, especially, public announcement, particularly knowing that Jessa's engagement news just came out. In my opinion, there was no need for Jill to engage with People magazine for a story/cover shoot so soon, and it took the limelight away from her younger sister.
I think the Duggar women missed the sexual revolution in the 60's. They don't seem to understand that women can now have reproductive freedom and can enjoy sex without having children every 18 months. Where have they been?
I feel sorry for the Duggar ladies , no time to get to know there husbans and going to have a baby just 2 months in to be married i thought they wanted to wait and have babies but i guwss daddy and mommy duggar have spoken they need to get to know each other
Another thing that doesn't ring true about the Duggars is their insistence on telling everyone about their pregnancies so early. They court instead of date because it's such a nice old-fashioned thing to do, but then they tell people they are pregnant when they are still in the embryonic stage of pregnancy. I was raised by a very old-fashioned Christian woman to believe that it is in very poor taste and very immature to tell people so early in the pregnancy. Why is this okay in the Duggar/Bates world?
Does anyone else get the feeling that the Duggars buy pregnancy tests wholesale the same way they probably buy toilet paper!
David Waller's latest post-his
immediate family had a reunion-one of the pictures is his parents eating crackers and red salmon/cream cheese spread. He said Derick and John David helped a family move from Alaska to California and gave them the canned salmon. I was thinking that this might have been recent but further thought it was maybe before the wedding. I wonder did TLC film and will it be on the show.
Yes the thought of Anna announcing M4 just makes me yawn now.
I wonder how she and Josh feel about being upstaged by all the latest news from the Duggar girls.
The reason for these interestingly timed announcements? The season premiere! It's in a little over a week. It's clearly a ploy to get people to watch. Every announcement has been timed to a season premiere (Jill's courtship followed by engagement happened just a couple weeks before the season premiere. I think Jinger's courtship announcement actually was an announcement. She said in an interview they weren't going to say anything but someone saw them and started telling people.
Also: Jill has been drinking the Duggar Kool-Aid for years. She never would have married someone who wasn't 100% behind not using birth control. I for one am not shocked she's pregnant. She had unprotected sex like we all knew they would do and she got pregnant. Nobody should be surprised this happened. I can understand why she might be surprised, because they probably didn't have sex that much before she got pregnant. But as for us viewers hoping that maybe they'd wait, nothing about Jill would indicate she would try to circumvent the system. Jessa, maybe. She doesn't seem to like kids much. Same with Jinger. But Jill? Definitely. She will definitely want as many kids as she can.
A few people here and on other sites have commented that Jill seems to have a baby bump already. I can kind of see it in some shots, but maybe it's because Jill and Derick keep placing their hands there drawing your attention to it. Or maybe she's having twins! Michele had them twice.
I really don't think she was pregnant before the wedding, as some people are implying. Although, it would make a good episode! : )
David was talking about Derrick Waller, his brother, not Derick Dillard who married Jill.
Thanks Elspeth for clarifying that for me about Derrick-David's brother not Jill's husband
"Omg, where do I start? Why do Jill & Derick get the cover of People mag. w/ Lauren Bacall having passed & Celine Dion stepping away from her career of a lifetime indefinitely to be with her husband?"
I dont get People on this, either. It seems tasteless to me. Lauren Bacall was a big screen legend. I doubt if more people are interested in the Duggars except their fans.
I don't think Jill upstaging her sister was intentional. She found out she was pregnant and told her family in July. Jessa got engaged in August.
Could they have waited a few more weeks for the public announcement? Sure, but I can understand if Jill was super excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone she was expecting. Regardless of whether or not it was too soon, it's likely that Jill and Derick had already lined up the People interview/shoot a week or two beforehand and it was just coincidence or bad timing that Ben proposed when he did. Getting the cover of People is a pretty big deal. I doubt that Jessa and Ben's engagement would have gotten as much press even if there wasn't a baby announcement.
Whether Jessa likes it or not, Jill can't help it if there's more public interest in her relationship with Derick. Besides being the first of the Duggar girls to marry and now have a baby, I think Jill and Derick have a better "story" to tell with regards to their courtship and they just seem like the more likable couple. In contrast, Ben has a lot more "baggage", being young, stupid, and arrogant and his relationship with Jessa seems so awkward sometimes. Maybe the Duggars are downplaying their relationship because they, like so many, don't see them as a good match but have no choice but to let them get hitched because of the very public nature of their courtship.
Amy posted on her IG Everyone is announcing they're pregnant, then congrats to Jill & Derick saying how the Duggar family is "just a growing!" So who's 'everyone'? I've only heard the one pregnancy announcement. I can't imagine Amy knows a bunch of people who are suddenly announcing they're pregnant. I hope this doesn't mean Josh & Anna will be announcing next. Although he did post something about changes for the new season with a pic of Anna being interviewed, please, no more.
On a side note, why every time the Duggars are in the day's top news, Amy has to post a pic of herself with "the cousins" or something related to The Duggars, kind of like a don't forget, I know THEM...Ugh, that girl would be a nobody if she hadn't started marketing the name.
Re: Does anyone else get the feeling that the Duggars buy pregnancy tests wholesale the same way they probably buy toilet paper!
----------------------------------
Yes I think they should just put them in a bin next to the soap box and toothbrushes they keep in the pantry.After all, they have Michelle,(who will undoubtedly be using them till menopause),and now Jill and soon Jessa.And Anna might need to grab a few when she's visiting.
I think that Jim Bob has planned out the lives of some of his children according to TV and ratings which equals money for him. It's a low thing to "pimp out" and play with the lives of your children as I believe he is doing. If he didn't think that Ben and Jessa were a good fit, why would any parent "make them" marry anyway because it's good for TV? This is the rest of their lives he's dealing with here. Just doesn't add up to me.. much of what they say and do is contradictory and they never address the real issues here and probably never will unless made to do so by TLC and viewer pressure. (No prepared questions with rehearsed answers either.)
Sandi, regarding the pregnancy tests, I have a feeling Michelle will continue to use them after menopause. I truly believe she is that sick. It's sad actually.
I find it hard to believe that Derrick is really buying into all this ATI nonsense that Jill was raised in. In the announcement video, it is all Jill saying how excited they are for this blessing. I am not saying Derrick is not excited.
I feel like Jill wants to raise this baby in IBLP fashion and homeschool and isolate her baby. I will be curious to see how Derrick responds in a few years to Jill not wanting the kid to go to real school. Even his mom in the People article stated she went to OSU....for shame a woman attending college!!
I just think it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.....I think Jill is controlling and wants to just travel around with her family like Josh and Anna. She is forcing Derrick to pretend he is fun die.
Amy posted on her IG Everyone is announcing they're pregnant, then congrats to Jill & Derick saying how the Duggar family is "just a growing!" So who's 'everyone'?
--
Amy is at that age where a lot of her friends probably are married and having kids, so I'm not surprised if she feels everyone is pregnant. I have four friends who are pregnant, and two who just had their babies. She might not have meant the Duggars specifically.
You know with these Duggars girls marrying & starting to produce baby after baby, I truly believe that at least one or two, will suffer from postpartum depression at sometime. This is a condition, which I really don't believe they know anything about, even Jill with her experience studying to be a midwife. She has been working with moms, who like her mom, live & love to be pregnant & give birth. They will never recognize the signs & symptoms of post partum. They no longer go to OB/GYN Dr's, so who will be there to diagnosis it..a midwife? I don't see Jessa as a mom at all, she never wanted to bother with the little kids. I certainly don't blame her for not wanting to do her mom's job. Don't see Joy as a mom either. It could end up as disaster somewhere down the road. Not every woman is supposed to be a mom or even wants to be one. I have seen this & it's real & it terrifying
Re; Anonymous 8/22 @5;16am I agree with everything you said about JB planning the kids lives according to TV. Ben & Jessa marrying, because it's good for TV. It is completely contradictory to what he said about Jill & Derick, during a talking head moment.. "it's so very important who you marry,it will determine how the rest of your life turns out." If that's how he really feels in his heart, he won't force anything for the sake of TV. Some Ministry they have there, teaching the rest us how to live a Godly , Christian life!
Regarding the Trans community:
Whether you know or not we have all shared a public restroom or sat next to someone in a restaurant, etc who is transgender. Most transgender people want to fit in to society. To be successful, is to go unnoticed. You don't have to agree with the LGBT community, but it is nice not to judge.
"You know with these Duggars girls marrying & starting to produce baby after baby, I truly believe that at least one or two, will suffer from postpartum depression at sometime."
I agree, however, I don't think they believe in it, per se. I think they believe 'depression' is some worldy thing and an excuse for heathens. I remember once that Michelle was in fact asked in an interview about PPD, and she admitted to "probably" having feelings of being overwhelmed, etc. but she definitely did not refer to or even acknowledge the term post-partum depression.
All I can think of from the time I heard the phrase "have as many children as God allows", etc. is Andrea Yates and her husband on having as many children as nature allows. Sadly, we know how their story ended. I'm certainly not saying I think a Duggar would succumb to that, but I do believe PPD is very real. IMO, that's why Anna has had so many "family visits" out in DC. When she isn't posing for selfies and the camera captures her off guard, wow, that poor girl's eyes reveal a soul absolutely ragged and spent.
The funny thing is,Michelle said in her letter to Jubilee that they didn't consider her a career interruptor.
Of course they didn't,(although I know full well that was a snark at working moms);their lives/career on tv revolve around reproducing.(Unlike the rest of us heathens,who have the financial need to plan).
And then they plan these weddings/engagements around the season premier of the show,perfectly timed.Well,so much for not behaving like the rest of society,eh?
How hypocritical,Duggars!
Pam that could be.Michelle may think meno is just one long pregnancy,and keep testing and testing.After all,it worked for Jill,till she got a positive.
Re:Nancy Nurse.
It is true we have not seen Jessa interact with the younger siblings as much. It may be different once she gets married and has her home with Ben. It is so different to have to take care of all of your siblings or cook and clean for your siblings. Many of the older siblings are forced to do that, no choice. Once they are on their own theymay do things because they want to. Not because they have to.
JB probably bought a case load of pregnancy tests years ago at some farm auction and decided, "What the heck? We better use them." Thus, the (alternative) beginning of 19 Kids and Counting.
I know everyone especially, Jim Bob believes that marrying off the girls, & all the pregnancies to follow, will keep the show/ministry going, & the TLC dollars rolling in, but doesn't anybody else see this as becoming very old, very quickly? It's the same thing different day. Nobody needs to wonder. Maybe people are really interested in seeing Jessa'a wedding, who knows? Imagine how boring it will be if Jessa decides or Jim Bob decides, as a way to save money, that she should wear Jill's dress. If Jill's wedding as the first daughter to marry, was an example of exciting: cookies, rice krispy treats, cupcakes, root beer floats. I think they consider that going, "all out" for a wedding. That's the top of the line for a Duggar wedding. The boys weddings won't be anymore exciting. They aren't showing anything about a "ministry." We see nothing about their schooling, nobodys going off to college. There's nothing left but baby pablum & that doesn't go over well or last long on Tv
RE: Tuplip comment: I was thinking of Andrea Yates when I wrote that, & there are so many cases where young women have tried to cover things up with stories of carjacking, etc. My point was exactly that; they really don't know about post- partum. To refer to it as having some feelings of being "overwhelmed" doesn't even begin to cover the illness itself. Those girls will never be able to identify what they are feeling, as all they know is they have another "blessing." They just need to be thanking God & never let those thoughts into their heads.
I don't think it's an accident that the Duggar kids get set up social media accounts as they get closer to marriage. With the prospect of a wedding, their personal celebrity status goes through the roof and there is a lot of money in celebrity product mentions on Instagram, twitter, etc. jill has already mentioned Aldi, Walmart, Chacos, duck brand tape, Chikfila, Skype, allrecipes.com, and others. And didn't we see a pic of the Duggar family at the opening of a new Walmart lately?
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/disruptions-celebrities-product-plugs-on-social-media-draw-scrutiny/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
Paula Deen Allegedly uttered a racist word thirty years ago and it literally ended her empire. On the other hand, The Duggar family continually go on these hateful rants, all in the name of glorifying God and they are rewarded with huge paychecks and another season. What's up, people?
I have noticed recently that it is only the Duggar sons who have biblical/Christian/judeo first names. The girls have secular first names. I don't remember a Joy in the bible, nor a Jessa, etc. What's up with that. I don't buy that it's in their middle names. The guys don't have to rely on middle names. Anyone know why this is?
I read a comment that Dericks mom, Cathy said she was unable to be actively involved in the wedding plans, due to her illness. She said now in remission, she's looking forward to being involved as a grandmother. This poor woman,I guess she really doesn't realize, that it wouldn't have made any difference if she had been in the best of health, she would have been shut out of the wedding plans. It was a Duggar show all the way. It's going to be the same thing with her grandchild. Good luck to her getting that baby away from the Duggars. She may think it's a Dillard, but the Duggars just go by the first letter in the name, also a "D."
"I have noticed recently that it is only the Duggar sons who have biblical/Christian/judeo first names. The girls have secular first names. I don't remember a Joy in the bible, nor a Jessa, etc. What's up with that. I don't buy that it's in their middle names. The guys don't have to rely on middle names. Anyone know why this is?"
I noticed this awhile ago. And Josh seems to be following the trend with Marcus (Mark) and Michael but then there's Makenzie. I bet jill will do the same as her parents as well. I bet she will go with D names too. She just seems to follow the Duggar norm to a T.
I enjoyed the show so much more when they were "real". When they made their own clothes and detergent to name a few. They shopped in bulk at a less expensive store. They didn't travel the world, live in a huge house, have all these cars. Is it just me?
Jill is going for Duggar Daughter of the Decade, i see. She and Derek beat Josh and Anna (remember them?) by a long shot in the "who can reproduce the next generation fastest" race. That was quick even by fundie standards. Jill was not to be denied as she stole the thunder of the "beauty" of the bunch, Jessa and her engagement announcement. How yah gonna top that Ben and Jessa? Jill really is Michelle 2.0. She studied the hardest and is determined to be the most dutiful wife. Jill is setting the standard on how to do it right. Other likeminded newlyweds take notice.
I find it hilarious that Jill had to take one of Michelle's magic pregnancy test in order to confirm her pregnancy. Jim Bob also had to make a point of saying "30 days after the wedding" just to drive home how quick the conception happened. What father does that?! Jim Bob probably high fived Derek, thanking him for keeping the train rolling.
There are no female Bible names that begin with J.
Eve, Sarah, Rachel, Leah, Dinah, Ruth, Esther, Tamar, Hannah, Gomer, Rahab, Abigail, Bethsheba, Michael (Davids 1st wife) Mary, Martha.
Who takes a pregnancy test at their parents' house? I would think that Jill received a case of tests of her own as a wedding gift from someone. In any case, that's just something you do in the privacy of YOUR own home and share with your husband FIRST.
I also think it inappropriate for your unmarried sisters to be in on such a personal issue in your marriage as to ask you if you're expecting yet and to test it with them around. That's just not keeping up with their modesty standards IMO. I would think that if they could have, they all would have been present in the bedroom on their wedding night because this family just can't do anything by themselves...
I also think that Derick's mom should be assertive in her standing as a grandmother. She will not have as many grandchildren as Michelle by a long shot and the Duggars need to step back a bit and give Derick's family a chance to shine with this child. I don't think that Jill really wants to hear much from Cathy on anything since she wears pants, has a nice hairstyle went to college and works outside the home. She seems like such a nice lady and a woman of today who can still keep faithful to her religion. She disproves the Duggars theories by a mile.
I also would like to know how is Jill going to clean such a large house all by herself? Those floors don't shine by themselves, do they?
That missionary stuff really needs to be shelved since there is a child/children involved here now. It's not a "fun adventure" to go to a third world country to deliver babies, and preach the Gospel, it is a hard existence and can be a dangerous one. Who is going to take care of Jill's little children when she is "being a midwife"? There is much to be done right here in this country...
I'm curious as to how much money Jill and Derrick racked in from People Mag for their cover pic/story?!
I hope that Jana can get some help So that he can escape the Duggar machine. I wish there was someone advocating for her Even if she just moved with her cousin Amy to Nashville. It would be nice if she could get into the music program somewhere.
I have just seen the first advertisement,for the new season. Can any bloggers out there tell me the last time they attended a wedding where the Brides father was on the alter, when he wasn't a clergyman conducting the wedding & but was the one to give permission for the first kiss??
Hebrew names for women: Janna, Johanna, Judith, Josphine
There is Judith & Jezebel although I don't know how much they would like the latter.
To me, what made the Jill/Derick story so sweet and endearing was the Nepal/missionary angle. I thought they would be different, doing missionary/midwife work, etc. However, now that this is on the shelf for now, they are living right by the Duggars and expecting so soon, etc., etc., there is just nothing interesting or different about them now. I am really disappointed. Jim Bob gets his way again - meaning to me, it looks Derick already caved. They just won't allow any individual personality in that family.
re: Anonymous 8/24 @4;57am Don't worry about who's going to mind the kids while Jill does her midwife duties. She's not a midwife now & she never will be. She has some training & if ever down the line they do missionary work, she will know somewhat more than the people in the village where she's working, but not necessarily more than the mom that's in labor & about to deliver.
I, too, would like to know how much People magazine is paying Jill and Derick for interviews, photos and information. I'd also like to know how much they paid Jessa and Ben for their interviews, photos, etc.? What kind of money are we talking about here? Also how much JB and Michelle get for interviews from them? How much does TLC pay them for each episode?
And people doubted me when I said Jill quite midwife training!
anonymous 8/24@12:01: I didn't doubt you, I wholeheartedly believed you. That meshed right in with their belief system, that a wife is not ALLOWED to work or go to school once married. Jill, although seemed to love the field, became way more interested in the first guy who was allowed to say "hi" to her. She fell like a ton of bricks, like a jr. high school girl would.
NONE of those girls will do anything that they aspire to do; not even before marriage. They are only allowed to dabble in it until marriage comes a callin'.
Absolutely rude of the Duggar fam to monopolize the whole pregnancy announcement, just flat out rude and selfish.
Unfortunately I believe we will see Derick's mom & family take a back seat just like we did with Anna's. Michelle just had to be there for Mack's birth, the first grandbaby, leaving the ATI conference in the blink of an eye. Same with the other two, she just had to be there. Poor Anna's mom. I know births aren't planned, esp. if they come a bit early like Mack did, but we see no effort to have the Keller family properly acknowledged until it's time to make a new episode. One of the sweetest clips I've seen is when Anna & Priscilla were in Florida visiting and Mack was helping Grandma Keller make cookies. Anna's mom was so completely not about herself in any way and was just being Mack's Grandma. In no way will Michelle ever measure up to that. Like Anna's mom, that is the kind of Grandma I see in Cathy, but we prob. won't even see it as part of an actual show, just a a couple minute "out-take" in TLC's bonus clips library. So sad.
I read that Derick's mom was adopted, so the grandbaby will be only her third blood relative (Derick & his brother are the first two) that she will know. I agree, Jill & Derick should have made a conscious effort to do any and all pregnancy tests in private and used some doggone discernment to make their "announcement". Sheesh.
I remember that and Jana made a bee line to scold him.
Ben & Jessa's registry is on at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Looks like the wedding will be October 1. Wow, I thought Jessa bragged she couldn't cook. No Walmart price point here (Calphalon stainless cookware set for $499.99) Hmmm, in addition to the Arkansas-shaped cutting board, they're also requesting a pink hair dryer, flat iron, foot bath/massager and a new electric razor.
I said before that the sacrifices Anna with the vulgar toilet birth. Lets ser if the force the Duggar girls such embarassments
I wonder if Erin or Alyssa could possibly also be pregnant but actually waiting an appropriate amount of time because of Erin's miscarriage. I think it's very irresponsible of the Duggar/ Dillard people to announce it to the world in the first trimester. I understand that she announced it to her family and was therefore filmed before Jessa's engagement news but they could have waited until a week before that episode aired which I think would give it more ratings. I'm sure that episode won't air until sometime in October. That would be a much more appropriate time and she would have had an actual baby bump as well in the pictures.
I think the Duggar offspring will get so much more respect with their births than Anna has ever received.JMO
Tulip hit the nail on the head with everything she mentioned, about how the Duggars have treated the Keller family, & now Derick's family. I wasn't just disappointed, that Dericks mom received the news about the pregnancy over the phone & after the entire Duggar family was informed, I was just plain angry. Cathy is that baby's grandmother & it should never have been handled in that manner. Don't be surprised if it's shown in a different light, when the episode airs. I believe it's been established before, that there are people from that show that read the blog. By the way what ever happened to :Jesus first, others second,& yourself last. The entire Duggar family puts themselves first. If anyone has proof that they always put themselves last, I'd really like to hear it.
I agree with tulips comments. I still don't know why they let Michelle be present for the birth of all 3 grandchildren. It's not exactly like she's an, "over the moon grandma." She should have stayed home from the trip to the midwife's home for Marcus' birth. I thought when they were waiting for Michelle to arrive,it was so she could mind Mac & Michael at Josh & Anna's house. But as always, she dragged a couple of the older girls to the house for the babysitting duties
I truly don't think anyone doubted that Jill had abandon her midwife training. If anyone did they must have been drinking the Duggar Kool Aid.
I agree with the above poster.Maybe they could have thir own "Breaking Duggar" reality show.
"Breaking Duggar" is a show I would actually watch, provided the money went directly to the kids.
"Breaking Duggar" is a show I would actually watch, provided the money went directly to the kids.
**********************************
That would be a spin-off I would watch. Imagine what a taste of freedom would do for those child-adults. I probably won't bother watching this next season of "reality TV".
Sandi, you are so right about the Duggar girls getting so much more respect when it comes to the birth of their babies, compared to how Anna was treated. I often wondered how the Keller family felt about the way Anna was treated during her labor & birth experiences. After all, we all remember when Michelle was first able to hold Josie & all she talked about was how she would be holding the baby "skin to skin." Then we heard, 'we can see the baby's skin but not the mommas skin."
The old TLC specials when Jackson & Johanna were born were on TV today. JB & Michelle have all their little ducks in a row, trailing after them in matching outfits. In talking about the buddy system, Michelle made it pretty clear that her job is done once the baby is weaned.
If something ever happens to Jim Bob, maybe Michelle can move in with Jill (or Jessa) and be their laundry maid. Then maybe she'll understand what a heavy workload she's put on her mother-in-law.
All of those kids (especially the boys) must have been bored out of their minds being dragged to all of Michelle's ultrasound appointments, especially since she was completely draped so nobody could see anything. But we know that these people are all about both modesty AND family togetherness.
I don't think I'll be watching most of the new season, last season wasn't that interesting (despite Jill's courtship), the 'storylines' are a little predictable (TLC should hire better writers, I mean situation influencers),and MD's robo-call wasn't respectful (fear tactics based on lies never work). Plus I got the entire season in the season premiere commercial.
I think Jinger is waiting for an opportune time, with the spotlight off her to rebel. And Jana, I think she is just going to have a breakdown.
Yes I would love to see a "Breaking Duggar" series as well.Or even a 'breaking fundie life' series,from any of the more well known families.
I think the women esp. could profit very well from it.Even from advertisements.Can you imagine Jessa in a birth control ad? "Because not every woman wants 19 kids!" It would be like striking gold for her.
Jim Bob & Michelle really are a couple of geniuses. They make the Kris Kardashian and Kate Gosselin look like amateurs. They have masterminded a way to support all of their family for the rest of their lives by them being celebrities on TV! Each season or so is focused around marrying/birthing by one of the kids, perfectly timed for ratings, so the kids get lots of money (just as JB & Michelle have over the years) without ever doing any real work or contributing to society, and they will be able to live debt free, no work ever. While not ever having to lift a finger sounds nice, it won't produce the fruit in character development that they like to prattle on about. They will all just "purpose" to breed and go on the fundie speaking circuit as the anointed ones to show how special they are in the eyes of God! Such hypocrites among their own kind, many of whom are living in such poverty and yet daily sacrifice for others in Christ. The Duggars are nothing but "wolves" among their sheep. The kids are just as bad as the parents and will never work for anything in life or contribute to society, yet will continue to mislead and lie and promote themselves instead of Christ, because this is what they've been taught to do. Just look at the top 3 "adult" examples we've seen--They're all Smuggar Fame-seekers. It'll happen with the others too as soon as they get paired off. Posters should really stop wondering when a duggar will break free, pursue a career, etc. Why would they ever want to do anything else? These kids (and their spouses) know they will be rewarded with FAME and FORTUNE by following the same extreme path as the parents. So I sincerely believe that not a single one will ever deviate from this path, or leave the surrounding area of the compound for that matter. JB & the daughters will pick and control suitors so they stay close and follow the plan for the collective family's livelihood. It's also understood that any arranged brides for the boys will conform to this setup too under patriarchy rules. Even Josh & Anna will return to the fold when he finishes his stint at FRC. Plus I don't think they want to be around anybody else but fellow Duggars. It's a family cult and JB & Michelle are positioning themselves to lead the fundie world. I expect they'll be the ones to pick up the anointed mantle from Gothard. So give it up folks and please turn off the tv and stop watching them and buying their books. You are just supporting their lifestyle--which is the Duggar ministry to serve the Duggar clan, all under the pretense of following Christ. JB & Michelle, you're brilliant!
In anticipation o the new season, there have been some of the original specials dating back to 2006. In one, Josh announced he planned to go into politics. So I guess he's still planning on that.
Josh originally wanted to be a lawyer, hence the "politics". We all know real law school would never happen for him, so he had his foot in the back door with a "government job" and his last name was his qualification. We'll see how long that job lasts for him.
God Bless you Anonymous 8/26 @1:00am. That's the best synopsis of the Duggars I have ever read!You hit every angle on the head. I'm with you...time for the Duggars to fade into the sunset!
I'm just wondering what letter Jill and Derick are going to use for their budding family. And I am deeply concerned for Jordyn and Josie in 18-20 years, are they going to be stuck with "I" or "Q" or "U" when naming their wee ones?
In one of the articles, Jill said they weren't going to use a letter.
I watched an old episode yesterday about this family going skiing. Why in the world would they have brought Grandma Duggar skiing? Older bones are brittle and that poor woman was falling all over the place and hurt her knee. Her son has no brains in his head nor any regard for his mother who needed to sit back and relax with some quite. They also brought the very little kids, which they should have NOt done. I noticed poor Jordyn, with a snotty nose, meandering around with a lost look on her face. This poor kid wandered away behind a counter somewhere and smeared sunscreen all over her hands. What a mess? This poor girl truly is the forgotten one. Michelle stayed home with the miracle child,, Josie, and had a vacation. Why couldn't she have handled 3 kids herself? Jennifer and Jordyn should have stayed home and met their mother.
Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that John David is still sharing a room with those younger boys? That is a huge age gap, and it just seems a little inappropriate to me. In fact, I thought there were laws in Arkansas about that (I live in Arkansas). I worked at a Summer program with kids, and DHS was concerned about one family because there was a large age gap between the two boys that shared a room, and I want to say it was only like 6 or 7 years. It's just "off" to me.
Also, I thought there was some kind of legislation about how many people can share a room? Maybe it depends on the size of the room. Anyone know anything?
Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that John David is still sharing a room with those younger boys? That is a huge age gap, and it just seems a little inappropriate to me.
---
I'm disturbed more because of the lack of privacy, not because it's "inappropriate." Geez, what do you think would happen? That's just gross. No, I don't think it's inappropriate in that sense at all.
Usually there is a fire code for a room, but I don't think 10 people being in 1 room is strange, and the bedrooms are around 1500 or 2000 square feet, something like that.
Re: The skiing trip & Jordyn being ignored (when isn't she ignored) I believe the older kids that would normally keep an eye on Jordyn were so excited to go skiing that they did ignore Jordyn. But then again that's not their job when they go on a special trip, it's their mom's job & the little ones should have been at home with Michelle.
Anyone know what is up with these girls and their self-tanners? I'm watching the Dishing with the Duggars and noticing how ORANGE Anna's skin is during the commentary. Like WOW. I've noticed that Jessa and Jinger (especially Jinger) have had much darker skin in the past few years compared to when the show first started, and also compared to their siblings. Geez, they need to quit it. They look terrible.
Josh and Anna might not have their BIG TV hooked up to any cable system at all. They might use it only as a monitor to play religious childrens' videos. Has anyone thought that might be the case? I hope it isn't and that they are watching SOME kind of TV. Those two really need to join the real world and wake up.
One does not need a satellite dish to watch children's videos. :)
I truly hope & pray, that Jana does have a suitor either in AR or DC, as I hate to think about the effect these weddings, engagements,& pregnancies must be having on her. She's a beautiful young woman, that deserves wonderful husband, that will hopefully take her away from the Duggar compound. She has a beautiful smile & the saddest eyes. She has seemed depressed for some time. Jill has always been the "star of the show," sorry ministry. Jana works in the kitchen preparing dinner for 20 or 30 people, she has never even met. She's been Josie's mom ever since she came home from the hospital. She has just given up so much, with nothing in return. I believe she is only Duggar, that really puts; Jesus first, others second & herself last.
The whole Duggar house is only about 7000 sq ft,and it's a myth that the dorm rooms are 2000 sq ft.In fact they are only about 800 sq ft each,iirc.
Jill is JUST like her parents. I think she is even more indoctrinated than Josh or any of the other children. They have been showing "17 Kids and Counting" this week and even 10 years ago she was so PROUD of her parents and their children. "People ask are those ALL your children?" Her facial expression and tone of voice reveals real admiration for this lifestyle. Derek may have had different ideas going in but he will truly be pulled in by Jill. She will not have it any other way.
The whole Duggar house is only about 7000 sq ft,and it's a myth that the dorm rooms are 2000 sq ft.In fact they are only about 800 sq ft each,iirc.
---
Yes, I realized after I published that that what I was remembering was the size of their living room. I think their living room area is 1500 sq ft, something like that. :) Still, I don't think putting 10 people in 800 sq ft is breaking any fire code, but clearly it doesn't fit all the beds they need. It's too bad that the girls have to share a bed. I just think that's ridiculous.
Today in one of the older Dugger episodes when they were first on TV they were explaining "jurisdictions." I have often wondered why they didn't just refer to them as "chores." I was wondering if it had anything to do with their belief system. I looked up "chore," in the dictionary it read: Small job usually around the house. Jurisdiction read: The right, power,control or authority to administer justice, authority; control. The extent which the power of a person is exercised, or administered. Michelle may say chores & jurisdictions are the same thing, but if you read the definition;chore being a small job usually done around the house as opposed to jurisdiction. There's a huge difference. One is about power & control & it's not; "chore."
Hopefully the fake tan look is just a phase like the heavy handed jet black eyeliner was a few seasons back. Remember when the girls & Anna had lines under their eyes looking like they were drawn on with a sharpie? Eek, bad. TLC really needs to tell them how ridiculous and obnoxious they all look. From the looks of the orange hue resembling that from a cheap box of crayons, it seems apparent they use a very low quality, cheap brand.
I seriously think the whole bedroom sharing thing is actually related to some weirdo accountability reason, rather than the fact they request to share one big room like they want us to believe. I've heard that an ATI following is keeping bedrooms for sleeping only and no individual room so boys (or girls) don't succumb to temptation when alone with possible thoughts due to raging hormones. Yep, talking about that self pleasuring word. And, yikes, it's creepy and I myself feel weird to type this, but this is what I've heard. Also heard that they don't prefer kids to hang out in their rooms during the day, but if they do, beds are to stay made at all times and only allowed to sit on a made bed.
I'm guessing we'll hear Josh is no longer with FRC? Their house was up for a rent a while ago and we suspected something then. However, they've been spotted in Michigan and at the Dutch amusement park place there and also at Chicago suburb Walmart (ATI HQ) for the past couple weeks...oh wow, wonder what in the world they're doing, Josh taking a job with ATI? Jana is the traveling sister/sister-in-law mommy as well...these people are so strange.
So we go from magazine headlines of Ben having moved into the "family home", to him living in a "guest house" on the property, to figuring out he's actually just sleeping in some kind of a glorified shed/outbuilding that happens to have a shower. New pics of Ben & Jessa w/ Jessa wearing some kind of a t-shirt with a huge gold foiled heart right on top of her bust with hip-hugging jean skirt and low waist belt. I'm not sure how that's drawing attention to her 'countenance', but it sure draws a bullseye for Ben's eyes. Looks like there was a slight mistake with the original wedding date on BB&B, as it's now posted for November 1st. Wow, after all Ben's rants over Catholicism, they're getting married on All Saints Day.
I agree with the absurdity of the registry, just like Jill's. I find myself saying, let's keep in mind, this really isn't about a couple of kids starting their lives together and trying to outfit their first little home with all the basics, but rather, these people are millionaires several times over, asking from people who unlike themselves, are actually NEEDING to purchase their kids back to school clothes from the local thrift store. Yes, there is a candle or a towel they could choose from to buy...but IMO, it's the principle of it all that keeps getting swept under the rug.
Long time reader at this forum, first time poster. I have been watching the Duggars on and off for years, not really sure why because I find their views and lifestyle creepy and disturbing most of the time.
I have been home sick this week and found myself watching "Dishing with the Duggars". It strikes me how inarticulate they all are, they cannot form an intelligent sounding sentence. They certainly should not be held up as the poster children for home schooling.
They're not allowed to dance? The Bible says King David danced before the Lord with all his might. The dude got down and busted a move, in other word.
And yet, Jim Bob thinks dancing is sinful. I suspect what's really going on is that Jim Bob has absolutely no sense of rhythm, and dances like he has a very large stick shoved up a very sensitive part of his anatomy.
Being the showoff that he is, if Jim Bob was a good dancer, he'd never stop shaking his booty in front of the TV cameras.
Jill says she plans to return to midwife training after the morning sickness passes and they don't know the sex of the baby yet:
http://www.etonline.com/tv/150526_jill_dillard_reveals_whether_her_kids_will_have_initial_names/index.html
Please remember you may comment positively or negatively about the Duggars, but try not to comment about the opinions of your fellow commenters. Also please try not to submit the same comment multiple times. I don't really need to reject 8 of the same comment. I might miss and delete them all. :)
How do they even know about or have the desire for tan...if they don't watch tv...read magazines, socialize with everyday girls...or even socialize with boys, then what do they know about self tanner.?
Regarding the accountability factor in the dorm rooms - I read once a long time ago that it is also to guard against any child trying to sneak in banned books, magazines, pictures, etc. I am sure there is a wide range of items that fundie parents would not allow. I doubt Michelle goes up there to clean her kids' rooms, so she, especially, probably (my guess) has to rely on the other children to help keep an eye out. I had never heard the one about the beds have to be made at all times. That is strange. From what I understand, the Bates have more than 1 in a bedroom, but not all in the same room. Again, the Bates are more reasonable (i.e., intelligent). They all follow Gothard, obviously, but the Bates family just seems to have a more relaxed and normal life, IMO. Have a great Labor Day weekend everybody.
In the many times they have showed the girls room (not the boys room) you never see those beds neatly made up with blankets & quilts, or spreads. In fact, thee are usually small children in the beds in the girls room when they show it
Post a Comment