Free Discussion, April, 2015

Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!

386 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 386 of 386
Bobbi said...

I feel sorry for Josiah & his girlfriend. In a courtship with zero privacy. Regarding dating (yes dating), the Duggars live in the 18th century. My women's intuition is telling me that something's going to implode with JB & M. It's unrealistic to believe that Jana Duggar is happy in that chaotic house. I believe Jana is a slow burner & one day the s&$t will hit the fan I hope it does. Regarding yet another TLC airing of the Duggar weddings, I won't watch. Is TLC that desperate for material? Everyone is bored with JB & M's on screen comments which are mostly hype & lies. Again, this Duggar program is Not a ministry far from it.

Mary said...

Hi

Looks like Josh has moved back home. He just bought a new house for 55,000. (worth 220,000).. I guess being away from Mommy and Daay was to much. Also did you see he wants 25 kids. He better start looking for more wives aas I think Anna will not want any more (or her body) after this last baby


Mary

Sharla said...

I was asked about the new family on TLC, the Wills family maybe? I have no interest in watching or reading about them at this point so no threads for them.

sunny side up said...

Heart in Florida- Yes, thanks. Maybe I get a bit defensive because we have successfully homeschooled our children. It does get me irritated when people assume that all homeschoolers are uneducated bumpkins. It doesn't help when they are portrayed that way on TV either. I should assume thy people aren't making generalizations. :)

Kaykay said...

Where is the info on Josh moving back home?

Bobbi said...

Funtally, thanks for your post. When Jill or Jessa commented "us 4 wrote a book", I was disgusted. During college, I majored in English/Journalism & was offended by the use of poor grammar & lack of vocabulary skills from the older Duggar daughters. However, I wasn't surprised. I've Michelle's attempts to homeschool & it's pathetic. When homeschooling, It's obvious Michelle cannot gain the attention of her children to focus & do the work. I believe other parents are successful to homeschool their children to teach grammar & vocabulary skills, not Michelle. After all it's clear the Duggars are just Hicks & as they've often proven, Education of their children is not important or necessary. I find that behavior to be just incredibly insane.

Syndee said...

Looks like Josh has moved back home.

Wow, a lot has happened in the last few days (Josh moving, Josiah dating) to take the focus away from Jill and the new baby. I wonder how she feels about that. Or is knowing her special is just a few weeks away enough for her.

Teacher Mommy said...

Bobbi,
Thanks for the apology. And, I must agree with you on the Gothard form of " Baptist". It gives all of us a ad name,because it really is a cult. It's so sad that these stupid people have fallen into it and brought their children and grandchildren into it as well. Just pitiful. And I'm guessing that if any of the kids had any notions to break free, that is squashed out of them post haste. It's borderline abuse, in my opinion.

Rob said...

Lots to comment on will attempt to be brief.

Josiah in a courtship?!?! What I can hope for is that the girl's father NOT Jimboob sets the boundaries. For as we all know despite the assertions of the previous couples, HE is the one who made them.

Yes Jimboob does have a construction company. From the work they've done that has been shown on the show I know I'd never contract them do any work. In some of the earlier seasons that showed more expansive views of the estate they live on some of the heavy equipment was seen stored near one of their additional on site buildings.

Josh moving back home?? Well then what on earth happened to that cushy directorship job with the Family Research Council? Something just does not compute on that rumor.

Finally, back to Josiah again. Many have commented on his receding hairline. One of the main causes for early hairloss, otherwise known as alopecia, is stress. This may well be the first physical evidence of the outlandish extremes these parents put on their kids. How do I know? Well I started losing my hair at 17 and was told by a doctor that the stress I was holding in was playing a part in it. So I look at Josiah and JohnDavid too and think "Dudes ya gotta let that stress out. The loss of your hair shows how empty your life is." But of course the only way to do that would be to leave and they'd need to have some sort of support, system not in any way linked to the family, to do so.

The downfall of Kingdom Duggar is at hand as the more the kids age and come in contact with the families of their courtees (my word) the more outside influences there will be and Jimboob, all oily and fake smile as he is, is going to be hard pressed to keep the reins tight.

Bobbi said...

Ok so Josiah is in a courtship. Well Jim Bob will do anything to keep the TLC gravy train chugging along. However to keep the viewing public interested, JB's subject matter is limited to announcing a Courtship, a Wedding, & Pregnancies. That just about covers JB's creative capacity. So Tuesday evening the Big Announcement will be one of the aforementioned. I'm on pins & needles waiting to hear word about something we are already aware. Excuse me while I YAWN!

Helen Crump said...

I don't believe that the Duggars are "Baptist - anything"..regarding their religion. they may have started out going to a real Baptist church, but they are lightyears away from that and those beliefs already...they belong to the "church of Gothard" they just don't want to admit it because it's not "TV fodder".
I think Joshie and Anna will move back to Arkansas because baby Anna can't deliver her baby in DC like 1830's style in Arkansas. They want all of their kids to be born there..Anna can't hack it by herself with all those kids in a real community near a large city..Josh wants to have a political future, real or not, so he's going back closer to Daddy. What about his job at FRC? Is he resigning or was he "asked to resign"? Has his contract expired? What are those circumstances? I feel sorry for the older Duggar single girls, because I see a lot of babysitting and child rearing of now their nieces and nephews in their futures...so not fair. It's borderline abusive of their kindness. Anna, Jilly, take care of your own kids 24/7; babysitting for any social occasion is understandable, but daily, weekly care is just too much.

Rob said...

If Josh is really moving back to the Tontitown area what happened to that cushy Director job at the Family Research Council? Might the tax evasion charges have soured management's view of the Golden Boy? Or are they having him head up projects in Arkansas? My hope for Josiah is that the parents/family of his courtee (my term)are able to be more open about life in the real world and open him up to the vast possibilities it offers. But most important the father of the girl needs to be assertive and tell him "at age 18 there is no need to be on a fast track to marry my daughter."

Sharla said...

We need to back away from talking about tax evasion charges. I've seen nothing indicating that. A delinquent tax bill could be a lot of things, but it in way equates to tax evasion. It could be that some income wasn't included, it could be an area of dispute, it could be a tax board or IRS error. I've had two tax bills and both were errors on my part or the state's.

Elspeth said...

Josh bought a foreclosed house that is not currently in livable condition. That doesn't mean he's moving or lost his job. He may want it as rental property or as a place to stay when on one of the frequent return trips to Arkansas.

Beth said...

I see Joy must be staying w/DerJill & taking care of the baby for them, guessing when the time comes for an episode on 'taking Baby Dilly home' will make it look like they're doing it all on their own (just like pretending Jana didn't go on the RV trip w/Josh & Anna)

http://www.eonline.com/news/645995/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-share-baby-israel-s-first-photo-album-see-the-adorable-pics

Zoey said...

I think Josie has pica disorder. Watching the new episode, they talk about her licking the chalk and she does seem to lick everything.

Kay said...

I hope jessa and Ben don't hop on the baby train too soon, but I do find it a little suspicious that lately all photos of her seem staged so her mid drift is never shown. There's one photo that Ben posted of them with friends where he has a cowboy hat proped upso you can't see anything below her shoulders.

cat said...

Watching the Bubba the dog episode, such lies, that is not their dog, that dog acts like he doesnt know them at all..

Springtime said...

Watching a part of the episode where they showed Jessa & Jim Bob sitting together before they entered the church for the ceremony. Jim Bob was telling Jessa how beautiful she was & how he didn't want to give her away. Jessa leaned into him & they barely touched their cheeks. I can't believe any dad wouldn't have at the very least kissed his daughter on the cheek. Really weird which describes Jim Bob, I guess

Bobbi said...

Sometimes Jim Bob reminds me of Peter Pan a person that will Never grow up!

Missy said...

Anyone else already tired of hearing Jim Bob refer to 4 grandchildren & counting to 200?Guess that will eventually be the new name for the ministry.

Andrea said...

Jim Bob referring to 4 grandchildren and counting to 200 is so inflammatory. It completely removed choice from his children's lives. Each child would have to choose to have 10 plus children in order for this to be accomplished. But like all things Duggar we can't really take anything he says seriously.

Andrea said...

According the the people magazine article, Jill said: "I don't know when to think it is labor and when it is Braxton Hicks contractions." Good grief, she's not much a midwife is she? That said, I am totally buying this special on itunes. I love birthing story TV shows. I also feel like she totally has egg on her face talking about wanting an all natural drug free birth . . .c-section in deed. WIMP. I'm actually joking. I've had two c-sections, but I never said I wanted to go drug free or give birth at home.

InVA said...

I would be shocked if Josh and Anna move from Maryland. They seem to feel/act like they are big willies since they live in a metropolitan area. Meanwhile they are nobodies in a very big pond. They are aspiring social climbers who won't leave.

Just my thoughts said...

What bothered me about Jim Bob talking about counting to 200 grandchildren was that Jill had just gone through a difficult
delivery. Have some heart-be thankful for the 4 going on 5 you have and if you have more count it a blessing. Your children and their spouse should be making the
decision about how many children they are having-It's between them and God-not Jim Bob.

Denise an said...

Ok, I am new on here, but I was researching Bill Gothard and it talks about the director of his "company" or whatever being David Waller....is that the same David Waller that is married to Anna's sister Priscilla?

sandi said...

Yes,Priscilla's husb. David Waller works for Gothard and Co.,ATI, or whatever they call themselves.

Ashley said...

"According the the people magazine article, Jill said: "I don't know when to think it is labor and when it is Braxton Hicks contractions." Good grief, she's not much a midwife is she?"

My midwife always said that you'll know it was the real thing when the baby is born. :-) It's not like it's an exact science and a bell goes off if it's real labor.

70'schild said...

OK then...watching the Bates. Prior to engagement Michaela & Brandon Frontal Hug! Ooooohhhh Jim Bob what will your saintly mind think & do? Perhaps JB will throw a fit & shun the Bates because after all Jim Bob believes he rules the world!! He's such a loser!

Bobbi said...

I've often wondered who is Jim Bob & Michelle trying to impress with all of these "pretend" Christian rules for their kids? The majority of people are of the opinion that the Duggars have sold out. They contradict everything especially JB. They are camera hogs, they rule over their children with an iron fist. If one of their kids is disobedient that kid is shipped of to the Alert military camp. Not sure where a daughter would go if disobedient? They believe college is a sin, they believe women should be slaves to a man, the rules of courtship is Insane, their children's bedrooms resemble that of a dorm. The older Duggar children have zero privacy. It's just a really sick situation. I wish someone could help the older Duggar kids. I pray for this & I am not religious.

Rob said...

Regarding Bobbi's comment on college being "a sin" in Duggar life. There was an episode about 3-4 seasons ago wherein Jimboob declared that colleges have too many temptations and ungodly life. Then also said that they encourage (demand) their kids stay at home until they marry because they, JB and M, can provide certain "protections" for them if they do so. Protections JB? Really. If isolation from the REAL world and distortion of how everybody else lives is a "protection" then what you have there is a prison.

No Longer Anonymous said...

Questions and thoughts on Duggar hybrid religion...
Do the Duggars believe in baptism?
Why did they have a large church funeral for Jubilee instead of their home church?
Would be interesting if one of the Duggars had a Near Death Experience. Most people who have a NDE come back with stronger faith but also talk about God as being neither male or female. Sorry, Jim Boob, God does not look like you.

Helen Crump said...

If Jim Bob and Michelle have anywhere near the number of grandchildren they are expecting, they will never know any of them..just too many to even remember their names. I don't call that a close family at all...and remember, expectations ruin relationships..don't they Duggars..you should expect NOTHING from your children.

Theresa said...

After hearing the story behind Jill's labor and delivery, I doubt 100% that she had one lick of legitimate midwife training. No normal woman, midwife or not, would labor for that long without realizing something was wrong?? Oh I know her excuse: she was "praying on it" and god wanted her to risk her life and her child's life. Why didn't her husband put his foot down and call an ambulance sooner? I also do not believe she had any real prenatal care from a qualified midwife or Dr. As per the duggar way, she went to some family friend with no qualifications. She is lucky that she and the baby are still alive!

simba said...

I am watching the Jubilee episode, when they went on the Today show, and announced it, I looked at the kids faces, not all looked happy. Some just looked at the floor, while others had a look of, are you kidding me? Another 'buddy' to raise.. Even josie Dr had a look of disbelief

simba said...

Another comment about the Jubilee episode, it was scripted, i didnt really notice the first time i watched it, but jimbob and Michelle knew she lost the baby, you could see it in their eyes and the way they looked

Wondering said...

RE: No Longer Anonymous' comment about if the Duggars believe in Baptism? I have often wondered about that. My best friend was a Baptist & I went to her Baptism when she was a teenager. I don't remember exactly what age you had to be but it was in your teens. I always thought if the Duggars believed in Baptism they would have had Josie baptized as soon as possible after her birth. Of course that would have been an episode on their show/ministry. So I have no idea They did do that fake baptism on one of their trips. Jim Bob was baptized for what they said was a second time & he took over baptized Amy, as they said she had never been baptized. If they have the kids baptized you would think we would have seen or heard about it. Same with Josh's kids.

Ginger said...

RE: Episodes about Jubilee. I know a lot of people had many comments & questions about the Duggars. Was it really a ministry or just a show? I think they changed big time starting with the Jubilee episodes. All that drama for the cameras followed by what was a disgraceful exploitation of what should have been a private or close family & friends only memorial, up to & including the burial in an ammunitions box.
I also noticed in the Jubilee episode that Jim Bob went around & awkwardly kissed everyone of the kids, after telling them the news about Jubilee. Strangely he couldn't even manage a kiss on the cheek for Jessa when she was about to enter the church for her wedding. She put her check against Jim Bob's & that was it. I thought any dad would give his daughter a kiss on the cheek as she was about to walk down the aisle.

Sunday said...

That midwife that Jill visited on the show lived in a rundown shack in the woods. Looked hillbilly to me. Warning bells should have been going off then. Not professional at all.

Helen Crump said...

RE: Wondering's comment regarding baptism and the Duggar belief...Yes, they do believe in baptism, but I think it's their brand of it..When they visited Israel and the Holy Land, Amy and one of the boys were baptized by Jim Bob in the river wearing a white sheet-like garment..I don't remember Jim Bob being an ordained person, who has the authority to baptize, that's why I call it "the Duggar brand" of baptism. I would want to be baptized by an ordained minister or deacon of a real Christian church..not my father, who clearly isn't very godly in the first place underneath it all...

Rob said...

Gonna make a few comments.

Baptism is big let's start there. The Duggars are Independant Baptists and as such do not have an assigned Pastor for the indiviual church but draw from a few of the men in the congragation who serve as Deacons/Elders. JB is one of those. Baptists regardless of being "Independant" or not typically are averse to infant baptism believeing that it must be given only when the person has full cognition of faith and Christian teachings to make the decision to be baptised. So even though Josie was a sickly infant she would not have full cognition to make the choice. One wonders what J and M's view of her eternal life would be had she died. (and by extension where they view Jubilee is) Now speaking as a Lutheran who belives that any Christian can perform a baptism if a ordained minister is not available I don't have issue with Jim Bob doing the rite on the trip to Israel. Odd as his fundie beliefs are still the proper words were used so it is a valid means of achieving the goal. If you look closely at previous seasons many opportunities have presented them selves for the kids to have their baptisms from the church they attend at home to the one they atteneded in Little Rock and those home school conventions. but the fact remains that among Baptists the PERSON decides when he/she wants to be baptised and perhaps that is where the kids have the sole power over Mom and Dad. Yet in reality it's likely most if not all have been baptised. We just haven't seen all of them televised.

Let's look at the end of life, death. JB's dad died and had a full casket, viewing and funeral with in ground burial. Jubilee too ( except maybe not the viewing). I wonder how they view cremation as it beccomes more and more popular and (listen up JB) COST EFFECTIVE!! Do they think that the full body should be intact and buried as a whole only in order to be resurrected on the last day? If so the local Arkansas Funeral Directors are going to get just as rich as JB burying his clan.

wampascat said...

Just saw a new picture of Jessa. Either she's pregnant or she's had one of Jill's big bean and pretzel dinners! Pass the Beano.

Incredulous said...

An interesting article saying not enough women are spacing out the births of their children. Duggars, take heed. http://t.co/zTvqvoP4h1

Baroni said...

I read somewhere that Josh and Anna and various other newlywed Duggars are speaking at some three day concert...think its called Alive,,,with contemporary Chrstian Artists there......Skillet included!!! Can you imagine??????

Baroni

jentru said...

http://www.inquisitr.com/1913298/jana-duggar-is-done-with-19-kids-and-counting-what-will-she-do-now/#utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_442001
If no one else has posted this we can hope it's true but probably isn't

Heart in Florida said...

If anyone who has been baptized can baptize, why then do we need real, educated, ordained clergy? Jim Bob is a self appointed elder/deacon of his own home church..is he officially tied to a real faith with "his church"? Anyone and everyone then can start their own worship services..no need for authenticity and truth...one can go too far with "homemade" minsters, IMO. Jim Bob gives himself way too much power and authority. Not valid IMO>

Nicole said...

The newest article in People says right after Jill's water broke, she went to sleep then got up early the next morning and went to the chiropractor to get aligned then went to get a pedicure! There is noway I would ever thought of those things when my broke. She is lucky her little one is okay.

Special Ed Lady said...

The show Access Hollywood did a bit on the Duggars last night. The lady was going on and on about 19 well behaved children with impeccable manners. So I guess it is ok to walk and sit on the dining room table and countertops.

BluesFan15 said...

Don't forget "precious".

Beth said...

more signs pointing to next week's announcement that it's Jessa's pregnancy...

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jessa-duggar-allegedly-shopping-for-maternity-clothes-while-pregnancy-rumors-swirl-56312

someone had posted a picture of Jessa speaking at a conference a few weeks ago and i mentioned that it was either the most unflattering dress on her or she was wearing it to cover up a baby belly, i was hoping maybe all the suspicious pics of her belly covered lately was them just trying to get up hype but hoped she wasn't actually :(

Esther said...

http://duggarswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2008/09/17-kids-and-counting.html#comments

I clicked on this here on the blog and have enjoyed some of the comments. You all should go back and read some of the earliest posts.

Esther said...

Wait...How did I miss this?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshduggar


"Intrigued with politics from an early age, Josh began working part-time for candidates in Arkansas and elected officials at the State Capitol. In 2006, his political involvement led him to establish Strategic Political Services, a political consulting firm. Strategic now serves many conservative candidates and elected officials on the local, state and federal levels."

Andrea said...

Josh and his linkedin profile. What a joke he is, all that political speak and supposed intellect doesn't make it true Josh. My god, your entire education was imparted to you by your High School Educated Mother. The Duggars and their kind really do a disservice to the republican party. I'm Canadian, so please correct me if I'm wrong . . .are all republicans anti-intellectualism and pro nepotism? I hope in a few years time it's not (fill in J BOY name) Duggar for President. Scary thoughts right?

Andrea said...

Further to Nicole's comment: "The newest article in People says right after Jill's water broke, she went to sleep then got up early the next morning and went to the chiropractor to get aligned then went to get a pedicure!" Jill was strep b positive. I think she forgot to mention that she also had to be given an IV containing antibiotics. What a lier!

Further to Jessa and the pregnancy rumours. For her sack I really hope she isn't. The picture of Ben with his hat over her midsection is such a tease. I mean, even if she was pregnant, she'd be like 4 months at most. Most women barely show at 4 months, especially with their first pregnancy.

Rob said...

Inreference to heart In Florida who said "If anyone who has been baptized can baptize, why then do we need real, educated, ordained clergy?" That's really the crux of the issue isn't it. The JB is literalist when it comes to biblical interpretation totally discrediting any forms of literature that are present in scripture and need to be read with that understanding FIRST. Things like prophesy, metaphor, second person narrative etc. Yet there are many no trained or lowly trained persons spouting to have ministerial credentials around now. Also I wonder if JB is at all educated on the history of the King James version of the Bible and the way it was put together essentially by committee. A basic knowledge of how the commonly accepted books of the Bible were compiled is mandatory I feel to being able to preach from and about them. I vividly recall tthe episode where the family is going to donate blood and JB citing an Old Testament verse to justify the donations. OK, fine except the verse had NOTHING to do with donating blood but the sacrifice of animals!! Picking and choosing what verse you want to use with out acknowledging what comes before AND after is very misguided at best and blasphemous at worst. But when you shun all forms of education apart from what your ego and cult dictate you get jerks like him blindly leading gulable sheep.

Mindi said...

Re: Esther's comment about the article on Josh establishing the:"Strategic Political Services," consulting firm. The first time that was ever mentioned was when Josh's resume was revealed stating his qualifications for the FRC Directors job in DC. It was often mention early on in the show that Jim Bob sometimes took Josh with him to the AR Capitol when he was a State Representative. It was said that others there referred to Josh as the "Little Governor." Of course it was Jim Bob that always told that particular sory

Always said...

There is a rumor circulating on the internet that Jim Bob insisted that footage of Ben & Jessa's wedding be edited, because he & Michelle had no idea that they were planning on a private kiss. After watching Jessa's wedding I wouldn't be a bit surprised as Jim Bob made a number of comment about how he had only know for a couple of days that Jessa & Ben were planning on that. Guess it deprived him of that all important moment in the wedding, not when they are pronounced man & wife, but when he gets to say "you may kiss the bride." Rumor said it was an act of rebellion on Jessa's part. Apparently Jim Bob was furious.

Helen Crump said...

If it is indeed true that after Jill's water broke, she went to sleep, got up early, went to the chiropractor, and had a pedicure??? I don't count those hours as labor. Maybe that's where they're getting the 70 hours from...misleading the public yet again...One also doesn't take a laxative, or eat a heavy, spicy meal prior to labor..it causes undue issues...better to have a more empty stomach and intestine..my nurses were so glad that I happened to skip dinner in favor of a little popcorn the night before my son was born. I also evacuated my intestines naturally before much happened...Jill's actions are contradictory to what a real midwife should know.

Esther said...

What do Josh and Anna's kids call Michelle? I know I have heard Anna refer to Jim Bob and "Pops", as well as Jessa.

Grandma Duggar is Mary but maybe I have just missed hearing Michelle called anything. (I know Jim Bob calls her Mama.)

Esther said...

Helen Crump said...

If it is indeed true that after Jill's water broke, she went to sleep, got up early, went to the chiropractor, and had a pedicure???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, isn't that special? When the camera's aren't filming (such as at the wedding of her competition Jessa) Jill doesn't need to do a big fake waddle in to have dereckdillard polish her toenails.

I'm not so sure that I'd want to be the person working on the feet of a person who is in labor (for several reasons).

Ruth Anne said...

A chiropractor?????? My back went out when I was about 7 months along. I was in tremendous pain and asked my OB GYN if I could see a chiropractor. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

no1 said...

Why I feel sorry for Ben and Jessa: Given all the proudly stated, self-righteous, hateful things they proclaim with absolute certainty, they will eventually experience pain like no other once life kicks them around a bit (and it will).

They will either have to admit they were wrong or (more likely) they will cling more firmly to their "truths," pretending reality doesn't exist. Either way, the result is overwhelming cognitive dissonance.

Once they realize the hurt they have caused others with their comments, the pain will be blistering.

Judy said...

I actually felt very sorry for Jill when I read about her labor and delivery. It sounds like it was horrendous.

sandi said...

Judy,yes it sounds horrendous,but I think it was in part b/c Jill did not follow sound medical advice.Most Dr's will want to induce labor when water has been broken for that long,esp.since she was Strep B positive and the baby was in distress per the meconium.Jill refused that.I can't help but think things might have turned out better,or at least she might not have been so exhausted,if she'd followed that advice.

Nicole said...

I just have one question. Why did Jill go running around to the chiropractor and get a pedicure AFTER her water broke when she was so adamant on having a home birth? That baby could of come anytime after her water breaking. Labor can progress quickly after membranes detach and fluid leaks. Doesn't she realize that is the body's way of warning the mother delivery could be near?

HistorianMom said...

I don't think that is always true for early labor. I had Braxton Hicks all through my pregnancies and they morphed easily into early labor. I never knew for sure whether it was real until I hit about 6 cm dilation. I went in for a fetal non-stress test a day before my second child was born and they said I was 3 cm dilated and having contractions every 20 minutes and was in early labor, I never felt anything until about 11 pm the next day, had the baby at 4 am. I'm not that unusual. Women labor very differently.

HistorianMom said...

Baptists do not believe in infant baptism. They believe people being baptized must make the choice for themselves as believers. I've seen 9 and 10 year old kids requesting baptism but it's more usual to be about 12-14 years old, about the same time other Christians are doing confirmations.

Esther said...

Jill wanted those feet to look all pretty for the cameras so she took her own sweet time about getting to the doctor. Or as they laughinly refer to their rudeness when they keep everyone waiting. "We are on Duggar time."

How did that work for you, Jill?

Denise an said...

I know this is out of the blue, but I was watching the rerun today of when Josh and Anna visited DC when she was like 7 months pregnant with Marcus. They went shopping and then Josh had a meeting, so Anna was going to take the kids to lunch, then they were going to meet up with Josh and go to the airport. So, #1 Anna and kids were all wearing coats, and she is bare-legged and in flip flops?! Also, she walked like 8 city blocks, pushing a double stroller, 7-8 months pregnant?! So she could get them lunch from a food truck? I mean, weren't there any restaurants near Josh's meeting, or I would have said- hey, hon, I'll meet you at the airport, and taken the kids to the airport and got them lunch there and waited for Josh. Poor Anna, and she just has to act like it was so fun for her. Loving being with your kids is one thing, but alone in a big city that you aren't familiar with, pregnant with 2 little ones is ridiculous!

Ginny said...

I have to agree that Jill brought extra stress on both herself & the baby by refusing any type of sound medical advice. Of all the things that Jill could have done, leaving her home to go for a pedicure when she knew her water had broken was the worst. What exactly did this girl learn from all those heavy duty books that one blogger was so impressed with seeing her reading? She doesn't have an ounce of common sense let alone a head full of knowledge about midwifery. No one will ever be able to convince her how fortunate, I refuse to use the word "blessed," she is that her beautiful little baby is alive. It gives me chills just to think about the foolish things she did. Anyone else remember Jim Bob & Michelle just beaming because; "just think momma our babies are now going to deliver babies." The first day they were going to start training & Michelle & Jim Bob already had it in their heads that they were midwives & doulas. Of course that wasn't what Jana wanted, but Michelle actually made the statement that they sent their kids (only the girls) out in two's to be accountable & because Jesus sent his Apostles out in two's. All I can think of is what a crime it would have been if that little baby didn't make it because of his know it all midwife mom!

Anonymous said...

RE: HistorianMom. You can be excused for not realizing that you were in labor. After all you didn't have all the experience of delivering or at least being present at all the births that Jill was in her role as student midwife. Women do labor very differently but when you have seen more than 20 or 30 births you know more than a mom with only a second or third baby.

Always said...

I have a question for anyone that has an answer. In people (I didn't buy it either) Jill say's she had IV antibiotics administrated at home, as she knew she was positive for Strep. How did she know this on her own? She doesn't say how she knew she was positive for Strep B. This was before she went for the pedicure. Who administered the IV antibiotics & then let her leave the house with her water broken to get a pedicure. We now have:IV antibiotics for a very dangerous infection,then water broken, meconium noted & we're off for a pedicure. Surely a licensed person would give the IV antibiotics. Didn't they stay around to see that everything went ok & perhaps mention that this might not be he wisest time to go get a pedicure.

Mindi said...

Judy, sorry to say this but Jill played a big part in making it a horrendous labor. This is a girl that supposedly had a great deal more knowledge of labor & birth than the average woman. At least she thought she did.

Ruby said...

What's up with Jill and her feet? Barefoot at her own indoor wedding, wandering around the parking lot reception with no shoes, having her husband paint her nails for television at Jessa's wedding and now making sure to tell People magazine that she went for a pedicure after her water broke? Get some shoes on, girl! And stop making such a big deal about your feet--you are a grown woman!

Acorn said...

Running out for a pedicure, going to a chiropractor for an "adjustment" , taking a walk that was probably too long, two doses of castor oil. I guess some of these things might work to promote labor but they can also irritate and cause irregular and ineffective contractions. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing and in this case, Jill's surface understanding of labor and delivery could have cost her the life of her child.

Pam said...

And Derrick allowed her to go for the pedicure and to the chiropractor. I would think he would be smarter than that. I know men don't know much about labor, but I think most of them would know when the water breaks, it's not time to go for a pedi. It's time to head to the hospital.

Dianne said...

As a combat veteran....I am very disgusted with Bens indiscriminate use of the SALUTE....Not only...has he not Earned the right to salute...he does it WRONG...with his LEFT hand....A salute is reserved for service members as a sign of recognition and respect....and performed with the RIGHT hand....Many of my friends and family...have died or are permenantly disabled......only they have that right to that Salute.....I know he is young.....but this practice needs to stop....I did email the Dugger blog...expressing this....

Beth said...

now that Jill has come out w/more of her 'birth story' as she likes to say, I wonder if any OB's will come out publicly to denounce the decisions she made as poor ones to encourage others not to follow Jill's poor example, seems like someone should as she has such a large audience that will take what she says as medical advice since they portray her as 'a midwife' on the show and therefore making it seem like everything she's doing is medically ok

Dar said...

It is unfortunate that the Duggars portray themselves as having real careers when, in actual fact, they are just skimming the surface. Case in point, as written by other posters. It is bad enough she believes she is a midwife, but there are people who watch this show and take as fact everything she says about the process. After all, she is a midwife!"She could have put herself and baby in danger with her behaviour when she went into labour It is indeed true - "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing". Glad the veteran wrote in about Ben's use of the salute. He is not a little child, playing at soldiers. I thought is was inappropriate at the wedding and anytime he has used it afterwards

Syndee said...

I just saw part of an old rerun (2012) where three of the boys and Michelle took newborn kittens to a vet. It seems they found them on their property. Well the boys were pointing out that the end of one of the kitten's tail was missing. Then he blurts out, Mama thought it was its umbilical cord! OMG! I didn't see the whole show so I don't know if she really witnessed their birth and had a pair of scissors in her hand...

Andrea said...

Okay did anyone else see the video on People Magazines website entitled: PEOPLE Gives the Duggars a New Look for Spring. Gosh Joy Anna is just so pretty. Won't it be great if she, Jana and Ginger got their own apartment and moved to a city for college. Here's hoping!

Andrea said...

Okay, am I right in seeing Jill and Derrick at the home school conference in Big Sandy, TX?! Isn't she like a week postpartum? Stay home, bound with your baby and relax! Oh I see, it's actually not a homeschool conference as we've been lead to believe but actually a cult meeting. That makes much more sense. Otherwise why are all these home school graduates and adults in no way connected to homeschool still attending the conference?

Stella said...

It's been a Duggar day over at People Magazine

Watch as the Duggar Women Are Transformed for PEOPLE's Most Beautiful Issue : Video : People.com

http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20917076,00.html?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Land of Oz said...

Well if she's in Big Sandy she sure recuperated quickly from her C-section. Can't imagine feeling up to attending this home school conference just week or so post partum. Baby Israel doesn't need you to pick up any more knowledge that you already have Jill.

Esther said...

Jill wasn't going to miss out on a thing in case there were cameras around at that home school conference. There is always a bunch of groupies who will gush about how beautiful she looks from every picture taken whether it is a selfie or "staged" photo shoot with makeup artist and hair stylist making sure her hair gets combed. They have professional photographers to make sure the light is right and she is snapped at a certain angle. (Playing make believe.)


It has certainly gone to her head and she TOTALLY believes it yet it is not reality.

(Left on her own she is barefoot, her hair is a mess, she is clueless how to dress, she wears tacky tight tee shirts as maternity tops and she sits looking at her husband with her mouth hanging open when he is talking!)

We'd all look fabulous if we had People giving us star treatment before a picture was snapped.

lucy said...

the duggars are losing their Godly imange by going on people magazine and doing this issue. Why do they feel they need to be in every issue. Guess they need the money. Do the kids get the money? or does daddy duggars get it.

Confused in Germany said...

I had some somehow weird news yesterday: it was announced, that the Duggars will be aired on TLC Germany from May 4th. They start with the courting of Jessa and Ben. So the "dry-humping" scene, as it was called here once, is available to me soon. Oy.
Now you have to understand something about german television, if you don't already know it: in Germany, we don't have undertitled films or shows or only occasionally. Here it is all synchronized. On TLC Germany, you can hear the original voice, but it is overlaid with a german voice. That is sometimes funny, when for example you get "swearing-beep" in the original show (i.e. Gypsy-Sisters), but not in the german version. But sometimes it is even more smalzy, than in the original.
So imagine the humping scene and your feelings about it (or remember it) and make it worse about 5 times. For this reason, I am really not sure, wether I dare watch that. Am I that strong? Or will curiosity be stronger in me? Tune in for the next installment in May. :-) At least, there won't be so many interruptions for the announcement of the announcement. I hope. Though they do it with extreme Couponing as well.

Theresa said...

I honestly don't have any hope for any of duggar kids doing anything other then courting, marrying, and making 60 babies each. Jim bob has done an incredible job of brainwashing and indoctrinating his kids. They are all deathly afraid of not following his rules. No one will ever go to a legit college, get a job or apartment, or anything else. None of them have any individuality or spunk. They are all just shells of human beings, just as jb intended. Sick!

coleen said...

Just saw the People Duggar Most Beautiful vid. The daughters look pretty, but Michelle..wow! She looks 10 yrs younger i.e. her actual age. If she wants to keep her hair long, she should wear it in loose waves instead of the aging, crunchy curls.

Dar said...

I hope JimBob is putting some money away for these offspring. TLC money will dry up soon. People will get tired of courtship, marriage and baby. There is just sooo much you can take of that. None of his children are going to receive higher education, so their wage-earning might not be able to support 19 kids like old "Pops". The magazines will also go away. Does anybody remember Paris Hilton? A bit, but not so much anymore. The same thing will happen to these fame Who*&^ and their ilk, The Kardashians. When there is no substance, there will be no more interest. Someday soon, I hope, all the machinations, manipulations and just the moronic craziness of their cult leader will come to light. They will be shown for what they really are. There will be nothing left for the poor little younger girls. They are the ones who will suffer because of the selfishness of their parents. JimBob and Meeshell will not be able to sustain this lifestyle forever.

Call the Midwife said...

Educating boys is slightly more important for girls in Duggarville and similar fundie family "institutions". Joseph is at Crown College, close to the Bateses (note the pluralized form of the name). A boy like him would need some sort of education and work experience to (hypothetically) financially support all the children his future wife would be expected to pop out every year for the remainder of her fertile years. IIRC, Jinger & Joseph are only about 13 months apart. I don't know how a mother with 6 kids (including a four-month-old baby) would be ready to go through another pregnancy so quickly.

Syndee said...

Confused, c'mon, you gotta do it. Watch the show. And tell us how it turned out :) That would be cool if someone could tape that German version and put it on youtube. I'd love to see what people outside the US think.

No Longer Anonymous said...

Instead of teaching her toddlers about bankruptcy laws and the definition of perpendicular, MOTY should have been teaching them proper English and grammar, including synonyms. There are other adjectives besides sweet, special, precious, etc, etc. Whoever decided that fellowshipping was a verb or even a word!

Mindi said...

My favorite Duggar expression is when Jim Bob tells the kids it's going to be the "funnest" day they have ever had. Dear God, Jim Bob there is no such word.

Isobel C. said...

Wow! Michelle looks SO much younger in the People magazine's makeover magazine. She has been (temporarily) transported out of the 1980s. The girls are a bit more glammed up than their usual hair & makeup routines but Michelle was completely transformed. And of course, Jill is posed sideways to accentuate her gigantic baby bump -- just in case we forgot about the pregnancy.

Always said...

There was a repeat of the Duggars on today. Don't remember what episode, but they did actually show the boys room or at least a part of it. One of the boys was sleeping in a twin bed the kind that has drawers for storage in it. Well you guessed it another boy was sleeping in the bureau drawer.

Stephanie said...

The vet told them the mama cat probably thought it was the cord not Michelle

Ooompa Loompa said...

They are very pretty young women, no doubt. I just have never understood, "star" or not, why always the pictures holding the pregnant belly, I refuse to say BABY BUMP. My only other observation, Jinger frequently looks oddly orange, she needs to lay off the tanner.

Jak&Jil said...

Just watched the People magazine makeover video. I never thought I would say it, but WOW! Michelle looked absolutely beautiful, prettier than her daughters. Who knew that her potential was there all along.

Over IT said...

Jak&Jil. I'll tell you who knew the potential was there for Michelle to look that good, Jim Bob has known all along & that's why after her birthday makeover she had to revert back to the same old Michelle. This time it brought in more bucks than her birthday makeover & Jim Bob knew it would. I'm surprised he let her do it but I guess with him it's always follow the money!

Syndee said...

I'm glad you said about holding the pregnant belly. I never understood that either. The worst is when the picture just focuses in on the belly and upper and lower hands, and not even the woman's face, like for stock photos for advertising. I wonder where they saw that pose, if they never read magazines or watch TV

And who stands sideways in a photo? Normal people face the front and just smile.

Annabelle said...

In my area they have been showing some older episodes when Josie was in the NICU in Little Rock & the family was living there. In one episode, Jim Bob sent John David & Joseph home to Springdale in order to fix some plumbing problems on some of his rental property. Jim Bob was talking at length about how talented John David is at doing all these repairs, whether it's plumbing or electrical & I believe he's correct. John David seems able to fix almost everything. He said John will teach Joseph & hopefully all the other boys down the line. My dad owned rental property when I was a child & I remember that the house we lived in my dad would do repairs on plumbing or electrical, but he was always very careful about the rental property. He would say that if something ever happened like fire & it hadn't been fixed by a "licensed person," it would really be a problem. The insurance co would never pay for damages. Apparently it doesn't apply to Jim Bob's property that he rents out or else the laws in AR are very different. I know we were always told if the property was rented to someone then a licensed person needed to do the repairs.
Also noticed when a couple of the other younger boys were home with John & Joseph they cooked up the bacon that was in the fridge & it was regular bacon not turkey bacon so that must have been before the Duggars decide not to eat pork.
RE: Josie in the NICU. Anybody else notice that whenever Jim Bob & Michele visited Josie in the NICU, although they would put on a gown over their clothes (Jim Bob's gown barley fit over his shirt) & wash up, but not a real "scrub." They often had clothing with long sleeves that came down to their wrist. Might as well not bother with the gown as there must be germs on those clothes. Also Michelle would wear her watch, rings, bracelet & not a hospital ID bracelet. Jim Bob would also wear a watch & ring You notice the nurses don't have sleeves that come down to their wrist or all that jewelry. It didn't seem to me that they were really as "germ free," as they could have been for that micro preemie baby. They really were very fortunate with tht baby.

Linda said...

With the way the Duggars seem to have sold out, the phrase "The love of money is the root of all evil" comes to mind.

Ginger said...

Watching ads for next weeks episode when they show Josie having a seizure, Jana looks scared to death. Michelle just calmly makes the comment: "Josie had a seizure." I can't help but wonder if it will be like the last time when Michelle & Jim Bob were in South America when Josie had a bad seizure & was rushed to the hospital. They kept showing Michelle saying how upsetting it was not to be there & she had to get home as soon as possible. When she arrived in AR she kept saying that she had to get right to the hospital. She had to get to Josie as soon as possible, the other kids would understand. She would get home to the other kids as soon as she could & love on them, but now she had to get to Josie. When she got to the hospital she said all the way down the corridor she could hear Josie laughing & cooing, as if nothing in the world was wrong with her. When she went into the room, Jana & one of the other girls were singing & playing with Josie & Michelle kept saying; "well all I found was a very happy & healthy Josie when I got to the hospital, she was having a grand time." Well of course that's what Michelle found when she finally got there. Jana, the rescue squad, the DR's & nurses had Josie on the road to recovery by then. Michelle acted like there really had been nothing wrong with Josie & here she rushed all the way home. Michelle apparently was not there for this seizure either, as you can see Jana appears petrified. Wonder if Michelle will have the same story; "oh Josie's fine, don't know what Jana's problem is."

Andrea said...

Jak&Jil said..."Michelle looked absolutely beautiful, prettier than her daughters. Who knew that her potential was there all along."

Am I the only one to think Michelle has had some extensive plastic surgery. In her eyes for sure. Definitely some facal peels. I've mentioned this several times and no one seems to respond that they agree. . . am I wrong? I see it the most in her eyes. Her lids use to be quite droopy and now they look great.

Mama in NC said...

Several thoughts on the upcoming episode when Josie has a seizure.
1. POOR Jana! She looks absolutely terrified and unsure of what to do.
2. Scott the camera guy comes running in to help Jana, as well as Aunt Deanna......yet again I ask..Where the heck are Josie parents? The film crew and her aunt are there but no parents.
3. Why was this filmed in the first place. If I was Jana I would be upset that my family chose to air such a traumatic event.
On the other hand, seizures happen really quickly. Maybe Boob and Mullet were out running errands or overnight and Josie happened to have a seizure? Just so happened that the crew was there? I can't stand the Duggars but benefit of the doubt?
Though I would NEVER have filmed it

Martha Washington said...

In my head, I'm going to start calling Jill "Sister Julienne" from Call the Midwife. After all, she IS very holy and she DOES know everything about birthing babies! It's a very fitting name, don't you think?

Sharon said...

I think Jill is the antithesis of Sister Julienne so no I would never call Jill that. Sister Julienne has real human kindness and a deep Christian faith that is orthodox. She is also a real medically trained midwife who has vast experience birthing babies. She's everything Jill is not. Maybe Jill could be faux Sister Julienne.

Wednesday said...

Andrea - I agree that Mechelle had some work on her face. You can really tell if you compare her skin and eyes from a few years ago. But I don't know! Can you buy used facial treatments? Can you barter with a plastic surgeon? These people are humble servants after all!

Wednesday said...

It's funny, so many people say that the women in this family are beautiful, but when I look at them I really don't see it. Maybe I am looking from the outside in instead of inside out?

Irene said...

Just saw a video of the Duggar 'style' advice. M saying she likes bling, but that is not very practical when you have your hands in dishwater.

When the heck does M have her hands in frigging dishwater??? They have dishwashers, and for some things that might have to be washed by hand or rinsed, there are the indentured girls.

Rob said...

I'm waiting to see the episode with Josie's seizure as well. I'm a retired EMT and father of two persons (now adults) with seizure disorders. It will be a tremendous opportunity to educate the public on the proper things to do, and most importantly, NOT DO during the event. Sad to say but there are still numerous Old Wives Tales and urban legends believed to be correct ways to treat a seizure but in reality are false but people do them any way. I wonder if the Duggars will embrace proper care for Epileptics and make a statement regarding this during the episode. I also wonder if instead they will cop out and make some namby pamby wussy statement about this being one of Josie's "challenges" in life and they are trusting God on. You can expect I will have LOTS to say once it airs. Will they now add a neurologist to Josie's doctor visits? Will they themselves get in contact with the Epilepsy Foundation for support? What meds will Josie be placed on? Will they instruct EVERYONE in that house on proper first aid for a person (Josie) having a seizure? As alluded to above I have over 25 years direct experience with this topic and it weighs heavily on me. So I'm hoping against hope they do things correctly.

Mindi said...

I know that both Jana & John David who reside in the home had training in first aid, CPR etc. when they were on the volunteer fire dept a few years back. But who knows now if they have kept up with the training which has changed over the years. I just thought the brief glimpse I saw of Jana she looked like she was going to pass out herself & she has handled a lot with Josie in the past when her mom or I should just say Michelle has not been there. It appeared to be Scott or one of the crew members trying to help Jana as they awaited the rescue squad. As far as what to expect in follow-up from the Duggars don't expect much. They have always insisted that Josie has absolutely no problems, although we know she has had more than one severe seizure that she had to be hospitalized for. They had a neurologist when she was first born, but after the first year at least it has never been mentioned or shown on TV. No they won't mention the Epilepsy Foundation & the support you can receive from them nor will they offer any donation to the foundation. I'm sure they won't mention any daily meds that Josie needs either. Instead of using it as a teaching episode they will just try to cover up the fact that the child has some residual effects from her premature birth. It's a shame as knowledge is power. When I was in Junior High School, my homeroom teacher explained to us at the beginning of the year that one of our classmates had epilepsy. He explained in detail what that meant. He taught us that we could each help our classmate by doing the jobs he assigned to us. One person was to go & get the nurse, anoher go to the office to have them call for help & call his parents, another classmate was to get supplies our teacher kept in his desk such as tongue depressors. None of us were ever afraid when he had a seizure we did our assigned jobs & this young man was never treated differently by anyone in our class. I credit this wonderful teacher we had for giving us knowledge & important information so we wouldn't be frightened & we did indeed feel we were helping our friend. I'm a grandmother now but still remember both my classmate & my wonderful teacher. I also then taught my children all about seizure disorders & how to call for help.

Rob said...

Mindi you mentioned "supplies our teacher kept in his desk such as tongue depressors". I know you stated you are a Grandmother now and that experience in Jr. High was quite some time ago yet this is still one of the precautions/treatments many people still believe is standard care for a seizure. Trying to cram anything into the mouth now is NOT protocol. Also Treatment in an ER is not always warranted. It all depends on the history the patient has with seizures and 1) if the seizure lasts longer than others they've had. 2) if an injury occured, and 3) if the patient is not responding after a certain time after the seizure stops. All of this comes from orders the Neurologist would give the family. Somtimes the most important thing to do is make sure no one trys to intervene with care that is not on that protocol. Several years ago, while traveling through Kentucky, my daughter had a seizure while we dined at a Golden Corral. A certain patron was very vocal in trying to convince others that what I was doing for her was not helping and we needed to cram his Jack Knife into her mouth so she would not swallow her tongue. He claimed he was an EMT and that it was standard procedure. When I recited tthe Epilepsy Foundation protocol, as well as asserted myself not only as an EMT, but the father and guardian of the patient, and if he tried to intervene he'd find himself in a heap of trouble, he finally backed down. It is horrifying to know there are many like him out there and they injure many people by exercising the arcane ancient practices.

mythoughtis said...

Like Rob, I am the parent of an adult with a seizure disorder. I am trying to figure out why Jana has Josie over the sink - unless they were already there (washing her hair or something). You should lower the person to the floor, turn them on their side, and just let the seizure happen. It's not as if you can stop it. This should have been part of her first aid training.

Michelle seems to have been absent for every one of Josie's seizures. Of course Josie was ok by the time she got there - usually the seizure only lasts a few minutes - not days. With residual headaches, sleepiness, and nausea. I don't remember how long it was before Michelle got there from El Salvador in the last televised one, but it was a couple days?

This would be a great teaching episode if the Duggars would embrace it. Tell people what to do, tell people the range of seizures - from every few minutes to years apart. Tell people that Josie can grow up and have a family and career since her seizures don't happen daily. But, the Duggars will deny, deny, deny. They are not capable of even understanding the basics of epilepsy - most likely literally believing the Bible verses that describe it as a demon.

Mary said...

Just read Jessa wants twins but is hoping for triplets. MY God two children going to raise 3 babies. I want to know which slave sister will be in the extra room to help raise them. I am thinking Jana to important to move from main house Jimboob and Moucher need her more. My thoughts Joy will be the slave at Jessa's. I am sure another sister is alreay at Queen Jilly house. Wow Jilly will be trying to get pregnant as soon as she can. She never let Jessa out do her. Moucher will be back to doctors to see if she can get pregnant. I am sure she will find one
MaryG

Mary said...

Just read Jessa wants twins but is hoping for triplets. MY God two children going to raise 3 babies. I want to know which slave sister will be in the extra room to help raise them. I am thinking Jana to important to move from main house Jimboob and Moucher need her more. My thoughts Joy will be the slave at Jessa's. I am sure another sister is alreay at Queen Jilly house. Wow Jilly will be trying to get pregnant as soon as she can. She never let Jessa out do her. Moucher will be back to doctors to see if she can get pregnant. I am sure she will find one
MaryG

Mindi said...

You're correct Rob those were the supplies used, & the protocol for a seizure way back then. As I said I am a grandmother now approaching my mid-seventies. Yes medical training & knowledge certainly has come a long way since I was in JR High School. I just wanted to express my feeling about how one teacher had such an influence on his students, maintaining control & making sure that a young man with a medical condition was not ostracised, as was often the case in those days. Even if we didn't do things the way they are done in today's world we were not at all afraid & we tried to help in any way possible. That was my point. As a nurse I know the proper procedure these days, & of course now there are medications available that hadn't even been thought of then. I would still offer my help as I did all those years ago. My point was, I have always admired that teacher as he was the only one back in those days to try & educated his students about a medical condition we were surely going to witness & as I said knowledge is power especially to kids. You were wondering if the Duggars would educate their kids about Josie's seizures. Sadly, no that's never going to happen in the Duggar household.

Carol C. said...

A seizure is terrifying to watch but also to go through. I've described my experience to people by saying it feels like being locked up. I can hear people talking to me, but I can't make myself respond. There are many types of seizures and many different things that trigger them. My dog has no special training but sometimes he'll make this certain sound and won't stop until I'm down on the floor away from any sharp objects. Maybe this "new" dog at the Duggars is in training to help Josie and just happened to need a bath.

The Duggar "adult" kids did their EMT training not too long ago so they should know the procedures. On pretty much any other show, this situation would be used as a learning experience to educate the public. For the Duggars, it's all for drama and attention.

I've stopped watching the show but now I want to see the episode myself and see how the situation unfolded.

Rob said...

Looks like there is a growing concensus of folks with direct experience with seizure disorders waiting with baited breath to see how this seizure is managed. Especially considering that John David is working for the Tontitown PD and has EMT training if he is in the house when it occurs how quickly he does or does not take command of the situation. I'm still not convinced of his skills in the area. He's always lauded as the Duggar who can "fix things" but plumbing, electrical and carpentry are far removed from human anatomy and physiology.

Gini said...

The last time a seizure with Josie was shown on the show John David & Jana as well as Jessa were in the home & had training through the Fire Dept. John David said his beeper went off & he recognized it as their address & ran to Jana & Josie. In one of those "pop up's," it said that Josie had been taken back to the hospital for more seizures after that one. Nothing more ever mentioned by Jim Bob or Michelle.

Leigh Ann said...

I know this has gotten off the topic of baptisms but I'm going to dredge it up!

" I always thought if the Duggars believed in Baptism they would have had Josie baptized as soon as possible after her birth. "

Baptist, no matter what specific variety, believe in "believer's baptism" meaning that when the person is old enough to profess their own belief and faith then they are baptized. Having said that, I can't believe there hasn't been a baptism on this show. Children who are raised in the Baptist faith typically are baptized sometime between six and when they graduate from high school. We go to a huge church and most Baptisms are of elementary and middle school students although we've had adults, and even entire families, as well. Having said that, I can't believe there hasn't been a "Duggar Gets Baptized" episode. I know they did the re-baptisms in Israel and Amy's baptism as well but that was part of the travel show. For all they talk about being religious none of them really shows any faith. I can't believe in all the years this show has been one, with as many kids as they have and the ages of the kids that not one has been baptized. In the Baptist church baptism isn't a big deal with a party and gifts and such like it is with other denominations but it's still important.

The Duggars seem to be all about religion and not much about faith. You never hear the parents talk to the kids about finding God's will for their lives, they're supposed to follow the plan laid out by Gothard. Maybe God's plan for Jana doesn't involve getting married or spending her life at home waiting for Mr. Right to show up. Maybe he has a plan for Jana that involves her going off and doing something as a single person. That's just not option for her, though.

Charlee said...

Is it just me or does Jordyn look like she could be one of Josh's kids. Realistically I know she's not but I think she looks more like him than his own children.

Dar said...

Would appreciate it if someone would explain "blanket training". I have seen it mentioned several times, but have not seen what exactly is involved.

Rob said...

It's likely too late for a segment or full episode for this season but it will be interesting to see if Derik and Jill show any response to the tragic earthquake that occured in Nepal today. He more than she considering the time he spent there before their "official" courtship.

hello said...

A baby is put on a blanket and a toy is put out of reach. When the baby reaches for the toy, they are hit on the hand with something such as a wooden spoon. This is done over and over again until the baby doesn't reach for the toy anymore and is taught to obey and to be compliant. IMO, this is a form of child abuse. The Duggars mentioned before that they used blanket training on their kids.

Virginia said...

I am very disappointed in the lack of public comment by Derek and Jill after the devastating earthquake in Nepal. He lived there and worked with the people there for two years. He met his future wife there. He and Jill both profess such love for the people there. I haven't seen anything from them. I thought they would at least post a comment and express their concern and that they are praying for the people there and the safety of the rescuers but so far nothing. To me it showe how self absorbed this "loving and caring Christian family" truly is.

just my thoughts said...

Derick did tweet about the earthquake on twitter-also tweeted about how you can donate-
Also blanket training-no hello that is not how Michelle explained blanket training-you put the toy on the blanket and they have to stay on the blanket with the toy-if the toy gets off the blanket-they can not get off the blanket to retrieve it

sandi said...

That is the Pearl method of blanket training (hitting the baby).I don't know if Michelle did that or not.There would have to be some motivation for the baby not to leave the blanket,I would think.

Special Ed Lady said...

So right from the start the kids are not allowed to explore the world around them.

Rob said...

Two issues to contend with today 1) blanket training. It was something they did acknowledge was part of their structure for childrearing but when they got HUGE outcry against it removed all the text from their web site years ago. This is one of the first times the naieve Duggars became aware of how what you do on TV and put on the internet can come back to bite you in the butt BIG TIME!! and to Special Eds statement about the kids not being able to explore the world...that's not the direct aim of blanket training. The real purpose is to get the child to be submissive to the parent. Hence the parent must be sought out first before taking on any individual course of action. Now once you get the kid in pain because he/she merely wanted a toy it's not hard to see how any persuit of individuality gets squashed very easily. Hance the success The Dumb Dumbs have had keeping the offspring isolated in the home with only approved outside contacts.

2) Being adherants of Bill Gothard and Quiverfull ideologies. Also these were posted on their web site very early on and was even mentioned on the Wikepedia page featuring them. They have tried earnestly to absent themselves from those beliefs as well. Yet the viewing audience and those of us who remember their past professions of being in line with these belief systems are not fooled. Especially when you consider Jimboobs acknowledged Best Bud, Gil Bates, sits on the Gothard Board Of Directors and Anna's sister is married to a person who is on the Gorhard staff in Chicago, it's beyond the scope of reality to try and make us believe they are not adherents of these belief systems to this very day.

Mindi said...

God Bless Jana. I love that young lady & I hope & pray that IF she wants to marry, she will find someone of her own choosing, not someone daddy chooses. Whoever marries Jana will be getting a gem & I hope they move as far from Duggarville as possible. Wish I had a suitable son for her would love to have her as a daughter-in-law. She has an inner beauty not often found these days. Of course I would never want a son within a thousand of miles of the Duggar family. I think someday Ben's family will regret that they were so anxious to become a part of that family. Derick, well he was old enough to know better.

Dar said...

Thanks to those who explained "'blanket Training". If that is indeed what is done, I think that is baby abuse. Too bad someone didn't smack JimBob in the mouth with a wooden spoon every time he wanted to "suck face" for the cameras. It might have taught him some self control.

lucy said...

is their any chance that jill and derrick will go to nepal with the baby and help with the earthquake rescue victims since he was a missionary their when we met jill?

No Longer Anonymous said...

I admit I'm not one who really sees the point of renewing marriage vows but I respect everyone else's right to do so. However, after seeing part of the JimBoob and MOTY vow renewal the other day, I have a couple of observations. It was like MOTY needed to get the attention back on her after Joshie and Anna's wedding. Who else after being married 25 years would wear a full bridal gown and veil and have all the girls dressed up in the bridesmaid dresses from J & A's wedding. They looked like they were all acting in a poorly written home play. If they really felt moved to do the renewal of vows, why not have some dignity and wear a nice suit and have a private ceremony with immediate family without the circus they had. Wait, just remembered they were acting for the TLC cameras.

Springtime said...

Dar that was a great idea you had about Jim Bob being smacked with a wooden spoon every time he decided to perform his disgusting acts for the cameras. Just what's needed for a dad that censors any premarital kissing from his young adult offspring, who are already engaged & planning a wedding. Oh it slipped my mind that the kids make their own rules when it comes to hand holding, side hugs, The no kissing ban remain in place even after you have been pronounced "man & wife." It remains until daddy say's "you may now kiss the bride." Wonder how Jim bob would like living under those rules?
To me a man like him who make all these rules for his kids must never have even had one date as a teen. I always liked Grandma Duggar (Mary) but I have to wonder what kind of woman raises a son who is such an exhibitionist at age 50, treats his wife like a sex slave & his daughters as house slaves? I just wonder other than Gothard's influence what has gone on in this man's life? Whatever it is it isn't good!

Esther said...


Anonymous Springtime said...
I just wonder other than Gothard's influence what has gone on in this man's life? Whatever it is it isn't good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have they ever had a high school reunion where Jim Bob went to school? I'd love to hear what they have to say about their former classmate who is on Reality TV.

Annabelle said...

In a repeat today The Bates Family stops in for a visit & to see Josie. Since I wrote about this before in regard to Jim Bob & Michelle, I couldn't help but notice that both Gill & Kelly had gowns on that covered their entire outfits. They also had no long sleeves & scrubbed up for at least twice as long as Michelle & Jim Bob at the sink. Also they had no jewelry, watches, rings etc. on while in that unit but Michelle & Jim Bob did. When Kelly held & rocked Josie, she cried softly the entire time, saying that from the pictures she'd seen she thought Josie was bigger. After Kelly had her turn with Josie, Michelle sat down & wouldn't you just know it, she was crying so hard the nurse had to go get the Kleenex. That was the first time we ever saw her crying in the NICU. She has said when she needed to cry she went to the nurses station but we never saw that.
RE: Their prayers I've noticed this many times before. Jim Bob asked that they all hold hands & pray as the Bateses had a long trip ahead of them. Just as they were about to start the prayer,Jim Bob turned to Gil & asked, if Gill would mind praying for little Josie.So Gill obliged with a prayer for Josie & the Bateses went home without any prayer to see them safely on their way. Jim Bob is always saying that they should have a prayer & then turns it over to the nearest person who will give the prayer, but it's not him.

Georgia Girl said...

I wonder what Derick is thinking concerning the devastation in Nepal. Does he feel that he needs to go there and volunteer his help with the thousands in need? His being there previously no doubt has created a bond between him and Nepal. With a newborn already tying him down, I wonder if he would go to Nepal without Jill. Jill would also have been able to be somewhat of a help with her limited midwifery skills.) Already a family man, and Jill with a newborn, he, or they, no longer have the freedom to be doing what his heart seems to have been thinking before his oh so fast family man status. He and Jill would have made a much needed contribution to the people there.

Elspeth said...

Right now, I believe the only help to Nepal that Derick can be is what he is doing. He tweeted some charities for people. True they are Baptist charities, but people are smart enough to find other ones. He's encouraging people to donate and bringing awareness. There is absolutely nothing useful Derick and Jill could do by going to Nepal except use up resources badly needed by the current population. If he were a doctor or construction worker, I'd see if differently.

Pretty Red Rose said...

I don't understand some people's comments about Derick, Jill, NEWBORN baby and them going over to an earthquake stricken Nepal. The devastation has to massive. To take a newborn over there with the debris and who knows what else in the water source alone would be plain foolish. I agree if Derick was a doctor that would be one thing. True Jill may have some midwifery skills but she is a NEW mother. Her baby isn't even a month old yet. There a thousands of capable volunteers from all over the world who will assist where they can. I am sure these people will help as many victims/families.

Bless all in Nepal! said...

It's nothing to joke about, but surely the comments about Jill & Derick going to Nepal to help out during this horrendous disaster must have been made in jest. Whatever Derick actually did there, I don't really know. Does anyone else know what type of job he did there? I thought he helped out sort of akin to work done by; "Habitant for Humanity." People are correct he's not a DR or in the medical field in any way. As far as Jill goes, even if she hadn't just given birth, & again let's be clear on this: SHE IS NO MIDWIFE! Nobody really knows the extent of her education & training in that field. She would need to assist at a set number of births, as well as deliver a predetermined number of babies on her own. Then take & pass her exams for either certification or licensure. All of that would be splashed across the pages of People Magazine. So Jill needs to remain in her, big, beautiful, gorgeous home caring for her son & her hubby. During "Bible Time," they can pray for those poor people whose lives have been destroyed, families lost, nothing left. Think of that Jill, as you rest your head on your pillow in that beautiful home. If Derick has some specialized training that could help out in Nepal at this time I wonder if Jill would allow him go by himself?
Anyone think any money received from People Magazine, will be donated by Jill & Derick to the people of Nepal.

Just Awful said...

That film with Josie's seizure on it should have been destroyed. Nothing wrong with discussing her seizure, any treatments she receives, any meds. Josie looks dead in that film & poor Jana, looked like she was going to drop to the floor. Even in the film Jana looked as white as a sheet. All I can say to Jana is so many of us think the world of you. You have taken wonderful care of Josie, although you should not be burdened with a child that is not yours & obviously has not been under the care of a neurologist. You did a wonderful job Jana don't let anyone tell you any different. I can see them now sitting around at bible time giving thanks to God for saving Josie & not even a nod to Jana, the EMT's all emergency personal. They truly are a disgrace.

Melissa said...

Mindi- I totally agree with you that Jana is a jem. She is truly "like gold refined" I love her sweet personality. I have been watching some various things (interviews, etc) on You tube. I cannot believe how much Jill has to run the show. During one of the interviews, fortunately the person interviewing started addressing questions individually by name to each girl so Jill wouldn't run the show- she still tried to interrupt! And even cut in mid sentence for Jana because she was taking too long to respond. Wow!
Has anyone seen the interview on you tube where Michelle flubs up and says "My oldest daughter Jill" She didn't say "one of my oldest daughters" She said "My oldest daughter"

Melissa said...

Annabelle- great observations during the Josie/Nicu episode. I feel like Jim Bob and Michelle really look to Gil and Kelly to kind of "lead the way" on some things. Hopefully Michelle took something from that to see how compassionate Kelly was towards Josie.
I honestly think Michelle is just so overwhelmed from so many kids that she is in "robot mode" which may explain the non-emotions she seems to have for the children. She admits that she had several break downs when the kids were younger. I also feel like once they saw that the Bates were ok to let two of their daughters leave the nest, that then Jim Bob and Michelle were ok to let some of their daughters start courting. I may be totally wrong about this, but this is just my opinion. I also think that once Jim Bob and Michelle saw how much Gil and Kelly are truly enjoying this season of life and not worrying about "if there will be another little one", that Jim Bob and Michelle both relaxed a little bit as well. Again I could be wrong, but I feel like Michelle and Jim Bob are both very impressionable and look to other friends in their same belief systems for guidance.

Melissa said...

Bless all in Nepal!- that would be so awesome if Jill & Derick give their proceeds from People magazine to the people of Nepal. I truly hope they do that. I agree with others that Derick, Jill, and baby have no business going over there right now so hopefully they won't decide to do that. Prayers and monetary donations are best.

Esther said...

Georgia Girl said...

I wonder if he would go to Nepal without Jill. Jill would also have been able to be somewhat of a help with her limited midwifery skills.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL! You said that as a joke, right? She won't let her AMAZING husband and best friend drive to work alone.

After the way Jill handled in her own delivery by always being such a know-it-all I think the world realizes that attitude is not going to be good if she can ever get certified as a midwife.

Esther said...


Bless all in Nepal! said...

nyone think any money received from People Magazine, will be donated by Jill & Derick to the people of Nepal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She is a clone of Jim Bob in a female body. It isn't going to ever happen. (Now, they might talk TLC into giving them the money to write a check for Nepal, since that would make a good show, but no, they are way too wrapped up in themselves.) So if I see them write a check, I won't believe that it came from their bank account.

Esther said...

RE: Jana ever courting....

Courting leads to marriage which leads to raising children for the rest of her life. She has been there and done that since she was tiny.

If she was really their mom she would be like the rest of us, glad to get them all raised so she could have some "me" time. She doesn't have that to look forward to if she starts courting.

What does the lady have to look forward to....either stay there until "Jose" is married (Jose is only 5 and will probably marry around 20 so Jana has 15 years more. That will make her 40 and then what.....she can start her own family or be so sick of it by then she never marries.)

I am not saying this to sound trite, but honestly I think we should pray for that precious lady. (Can you imagine if you had been the one raised like she was and didn't know there is any way to get out. You were brainwashed to believe if any person tried to talk to you about leaving, they were evil.) I hope Jessa will be the one who tells the others that not everyone outside their little world is bad.

Dar said...

Talk about brain-numbing episodes. Is the expectation from the Duggars is that anyone outside the family is incapable of doing anything for a child. Do they think Derek is brain deficient? It ain't rocket science to put a child in a baby seat. Imagine, Josh stating he will have to start at Square 1 in teaching Derick. Derick looks just awful. I don't mean to be unkind, but he really needs a haircut and a shave. His clothes don't seem to fit, either. He looks as though he has given up already. God help him when there are 19 kids. He also needs to put on more weight. It is also tiresome with all the kissing with Derick and Jill, Jessa and Bengerman and Anna and Josh. Enough, already! We know, you can kiss now.

That bedroom should have been divided for the little ones and the older girls. Poor Jennifer, she gets absolutely no attention from parents and has no say in where she sleeps. I don't think JimBoob likes Meeshell hanging with her "friend". The one who shows up to change Meechelle's hair and go to the Gym. JimBoob does not want his child bride to be close to anyone but him. He appears to resent a female going against his suggestions (Ya Think?)

Mama Duggar should hightail it out of that house, Her nerves must be rubbed raw. She and Jana have taken over the responsibility for all of the work. Meeshell and JimBoob are never at home, it seems. Those seizures(that Josie never has) are quite scary. Meeshelle explaining how her heart was when she heard. Please, she hasn't looked after any of her "Blessings" since her daughters were about 8 yrs old. Poor little Josie. Little Jennifer and Jordyn probably had a scare as well. They were there to meet MOTY ,but they didn't even get a hug.

Georgia Girl said...

Esther

No, I didn't say that as a joke. Before they were married, Jill and Derick said they had plans to do missionary work overseas. I never said that they should or would bring a newborn anywhere. That would be a definite no. I was just saying that this was his plan before his marriage and now that there is a newborn already, he cannot go or do anything in the missionary field.

Kristiana said...

I don't know if it's happening in other areas, but in the Twin Cities on Thursday, April 30th, TLC is showing very early Duggar episodes, beginning at 6pm CDT, starting with "14 Children and Pregnant Again!" followed by "Raising 16 Children" and last but not least, "On the Road With 16 Children."

I plan to watch just to check for inconsistencies with the "script" so carefully followed today. I want to see where they slip-up, before the crazy GotHard-ites began dictating what they wanted to see from the Duggers on TLC. Who knows? It might just give us some more insight into whether the dog is wagging the tail or the tail is wagging the dog.

But then again, we might have to suffer through a couple hours of MeShell telling us how WONDERFUL her husband JimBoob is! Yuck.

Mary said...

Hi

watch previews for Queen Jilly birth. JimBoob comes in with his cell ohone in hand and tells family Queen Jilly goiing to hospital to have the Baby. we need to pray. Look at his phone Is so dirty I can't believe he can read the screen.

MaryG

sandi said...

Missionary work for Jill and Derick now means just going along with the family to El Salvador or Central America,IMO.

Esther said...

I missed it but where were Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar when Josie Duggar had her seizure?

Poor little Josie was not completely covered when they were filming and the whole world saw her chest.

I have to wonder how that happened because it is obvious, Jim Bob Duggar does have some control over the editing as TLC did black out Michelle Duggars knees when she was waterskiing.

Esther said...

So, Josie is having a seizure and someone is just standing there filming to make sure it was all on camera. (Someone was filming it when Scott came running in.)

What kind of a person does that instead of throwing down the camera and trying to help? Maybe they get paid more for better ratings??

Or maybe the cameraman thought it was just another staged scene.

Elspeth said...

The Duggars don't control editing. That's just another internet fiction. Michelle asked to have her knees covered and they obliged, but it wasn't some great control that Jim Bob has over anything. Once it's filmed, it's owned by production. Do they do a few little things to keep their "stars" happy? Sure but nothing like have Jim Bob tell them what to do.

Ashley said...

"The Duggars don't control editing. That's just another internet fiction. Michelle asked to have her knees covered and they obliged, but it wasn't some great control that Jim Bob has over anything. Once it's filmed, it's owned by production. Do they do a few little things to keep their "stars" happy? Sure but nothing like have Jim Bob tell them what to do."

Or, the show realized that it would make the Duggars seem even more crazy/extreme, which is what TLC seems to go for these days. I think that obliging the crazy makes them fit in. TLC isn't looking for a boring old happy family.

coleen said...

Pics of Jill leaving church. She's obv. still in pain from the birth. Feel very sorry for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3061642/PICTURE-EXCLUSIVE-New-mother-Jill-Duggar-winces-shows-strain-family-outing-70-hour-labour-ended-C-section.html

Andrea said...

Agree with Coleen. Jill is not looking good leaving the church service. She clearly looks like she is in pain. I've had two c-sections so I know recovery is no picnic. Ugh . . . maybe she shouldn't have rushed off to Big Sandy TX. You know sleeping on a bus couldn't be good for her recovery.

Andrea said...

The photo of Jill, Anna and Jessa all standing in a row pregnant . . . does anyone else think Jessa looks nothing like herself in that photo? She's pulling a Amy face in the photo.

Leigh Ann said...

Poor Jill. She ought to still be home taking it easy.

Stella said...

The family's own strict principles might be their own down fall. No words for this---

Josh Duggar: Christians who aren’t allowed to discriminate against gays are victims of discrimination

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/josh-duggar-christians-who-arent-allowed-to-discriminate-against-gays-are-victims-of-discrimination/

Dar said...

Saw the interview with Josh and his take on gay marriage and Roe vs Wade. It is a little scary that someone of his ilk might run for office and win, in my view. Isn't he lucky, because of his "celebrity", was given a job with good remuneration and, of course, he gets his face in on every episode with family for his share. Wonder how he and Anna would be able to afford 4 children on what his earning potential would be with his background. If he and his father and the adherents of Bill Gothard were in charge, women would be reverted back to Biblical times.

They purport to be all about the family, yet one-half of the "family" is marginalized. The women are under the authority of the men, regardless of their potential, abilities and desires. They can't even make a decision on their own. They might as well put a burka on them and paint the windows of their homes. Their "wives are baby-making machines and sweet servants for their clowns of husbands. Imagine being under the authority of that "Dolt", with his smarmy smile!!

Duggar Fan Losing Interest said...

Pics of Jill leaving church. She's obv. still in pain from the birth. Feel very sorry for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3061642/PICTURE-EXCLUSIVE-New-mother-Jill-Duggar-winces-shows-strain-family-outing-70-hour-labour-ended-C-section.html
**********************************
I didn't recognize her until the photo of her with doting husband Derrickdillard. I'm aware it takes some time to lose the baby fat but she still looks massive. Still undecided if I want to watch the birthing special. Will probably just save time and read comments posted here.

Sharon said...

Jill was probably never allowed to say no to any of Jim Bob's or Michelle's harebrained schemes growing up. Even though she's an adult, married, and a mother, she likely hasn't figured out yet that she CAN say no.

Autumn Leaves said...

After Jill's water broke she should have immediately gone to the hospital. Jill & Derick's new song should be "If I only had a Brain"! Well suited!

Rose G. said...

It would have been easy for her to call up the salon and cancel the pedicure appt. without giving away the story of the water breaking and oncoming labour. People cancel appointments all the time. She is very, very lucky that everything turned out well in the end with a healthy baby.

Esther said...

coleen said...

Pics of Jill leaving church. She's obv. still in pain from the birth. Feel very sorry for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3061642/PICTURE-EXCLUSIVE-New-mother-Jill-Duggar-winces-shows-strain-family-outing-70-hour-labour-ended-C-section.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I personally do not care for Jill's childish ways but I see her in pain and my heart goes out to her. Those were hard to look at. She does look so much prettier in those pictures where she isn't making some fake "wrinkled-forehead" smile.

Leigh Ann said...

" Even though she's an adult, married, and a mother, she likely hasn't figured out yet that she CAN say no."

She probably hasn't. I read a book by a son of Warren Jeffs (remember the FLDS guy who went to prison) who was one of the boys who was kicked out so the dirty old men would have plenty of young wives. He talked about saying "no" for the first time and how empowering it was and how the world didn't come to an end. He said no to his boss (not a work thing, he boss offered him some marijuana on a break) and his boss just said "OK". The first time one of these Duggar kids says no -- and the world doesn't come to an end 00 it's going to be completely liberating.

Kristiana said...

I hate this show but can't seem to look away. I keep rooting for one of the older kids to come to their senses. Maybe SEAL team 6 can rescue Jana, Jinger and Joy Anna before they're any more brainwashed than they sadly are already.

And I definitely wish they would stop filming Josh (& Anna). He's so arrogant and smug. He really rubs me the wrong way. Every time I see in the episode description something about them I just roll my eyes. Anna's sweet, but her interviews make me cringe. It's like she's a Stepford wife. How do they warrant so much on-air time vs. the other Duggar kids?
I feel badly for Jana, Joseph, etc., because it sends the message "You're only important when you're courting, getting married, or having babies." (except for Josh, of course )

Regarding Jill being at church, she was obviously in pain, I agree. She should really be at home recuperating because Lord knows she'll be announcing she's pregnant again any time now. She can't let Jessa or Anna get more air time or attention than her!

Kristiana said...

Stella...

Regarding Josh's comments on Christians discriminating against gays, that's just one more reason for me to completely dislike this guy. Is TLC aware of how derisive this guy is? I am a Christian mother of a Christian gay son and that comment offends me deeply!

Katie's Mom said...

I haven't written for awhile so as to give some of the newcomers a chance to express their opinions, but I need to chime in on this. It broke my heart to see little Josie in that condition & of course I was shedding tears for what Jana was going through. Suppose they had lost her, Jana would need to live with that for the rest of her life. I feel that episode with Josie's seizure should be the end for the Duggars show. Don't anyone dare call it a ministry. It could have been used as a teaching episode, but it wasn't. We don't even know the results of the CT scan that the DR thought was necessary to check her brain. Everyone has their own opinion but it just kills me to think of Jim Bob, probably already counting the dollars coming in from the "Birth Episode." Nobody can tell anyone else what to do but believe me anybody that watch's Jill's birth episode is only encouraging more episode like the one with Josie's seizure. Did everyone notice how modest it was for Josie to be shown half naked? Actually it would have been worse but one of the EMT's put a blanket to cover her from the waist down. Anything for a few bucks. I really implore all the good kind hearted people that care about all children, not to give Jim Bob & Jill the big pay day they are expecting from the :"Birth Episode." God Bless those who can turn away from this train wreck that is causing hurt & emotional trauma to both little children & young adults that have no say in the matter.

JenTru said...

I just watched 14 Kids and Pregnant Again. Wow. Just wow. Michelle used to wear a lot of bright makeup...blush and bright red lipstick.

Dar said...

The money mus be pouring in. Re-runs of the show are being broadcast almost every day - all day by TLC. Old one and new ones. JimBob must be in his element. I, for one, will not be watching the birthing episode.

Sunshine said...

I agree with Katie's Mom on this one. Jill & Derick & somehow in someway & Jim Bob have already soaked up more money than most will see in a lifetime between the People Magazine articles(do they really need a new article every week) & all the media blitz. We basically know what happened. The baby was born C-Section & all the other business about her water breaking, meconium, going for couples pedicure, baby being breech. That will all be filler for the 2 hr. show. I agree you can't call this a ministry. We all know dedicated clergy that barely make enough to live on & along comes Jim Bob & his traveling circus just raking it in, as Josie is shown more than half naked. Believe me nobody will know anymore about the birth after the "Birth Episode,"than they do now. Of course you will hear a great deal from Michelle about each of her births being different. We've already seen the horror on the faces of the family when Jim Bob with phone in hand announces "they are getting ready to do a C-Section on Jill!" Michelle on the phone with Jill saying "really your water broke?" What did she expect the girl was almost 2 weeks overdue. Please all the kind people that truly care don't put that money in their pockets. Please if you can give a donation to the poor suffering people of Nepal. Jill & Derick in their mansion don't need it & neither does Jim Bob.

Always said...

Heard Josh's interview on Gay marriages. Couldn't believe it when he said "this is an issue that has came up across this whole country." Josh the correct grammar would be:"this is an issue that has come up across this whole country." Just another Jim Bob when it comes to proper grammar. Also he stated, "I'm the oldest of 19 Kids & Counting." He never just said, "I'm the oldest of 19 kids. Had to throw a plug for the show in there.

Ove It said...

I recently saw Anna commenting on something & I can't believe how "bugged out," her eyes appear. Is this from gazing adoringly at her husband or is it a residual effect from Michael's toilet birth?

Done In said...

Thank God that Jill has stepped up & given Kate, oh that would be Dutchess Kate of the Royal Family in England, advise on how to deal with people when you are overdue. How would a 30 something woman, who already has one child, get through this without help from AR hick Jill Duggar-Dilared.

Princess said...

Finally a birth to be excited about the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a baby girl. So England has a new princess. Good thing Kate received advice from Jill. Jill was giving advice to the Duchess on how too handle people who ask about why you haven't had the baby yet or when you're due.

Brittany said...

I was on free jinger reading about name choices for M4 and apparently although it might be a rumor on the Wikipedia page Josh and Anna might be naming their daughter Michelle Leigh. Anna said something about honoring Michelle. Wasn't that the whole point of going with M names in the first place? If that's the case they should have named Mack that since she's the first daughter. They have a son named Michael don't they know Michelle is just the feminine former of that? I feel like they aren't even trying and I hope it's not true. Also if this is the case Marcus will be the only one with an original name of their children so far. Mack was named after a cousin and has Anna's middle name. Michael was named after both his grandfathers. There are plenty of beautiful M names they could use besides Michelle. At this point I feel like Michelle would only be suitable for a middle name

Elspeth said...

The money mus be pouring in. Re-runs of the show are being broadcast almost every day - all day by TLC.

Reality shows on TLC do not pay residuals. TLC wholly owns the shows and may replay them as many times as they want without paying another cent.

Martha Washington said...

I certainly do not condone airing video of Josie seizing on the kitchen counter. But...there could be a valid reason for it to be filmed, either by crew or a family member. Physicians sometimes can benefit by seeing a seizure so they can identify what kind it was. When your loved one is suffering a medical emergency, believe me, it's very difficult to objectively report symptoms. Poor Jana was so shaken by the experience I cried for her.

I've heard of dermatologists asking patients to take a photo of a rash that comes and goes, or a new skin lesion, etc so that they can see it and there is something visual to document appearance changes over time.

If someone publicized video of my child's medical emergency, I would sue the pants off them.

sandi said...

The last I heard,Anna said something about naming her Melissa.Maybe she has changed her mind since the.I agree,Michelle would be a better middle name.
Two Michelle Duggars?
And I thought most real ministries were non-profit? That is so the proceeds go to the needy.All we see are JB and the older offspring raking it in from the show and People mag.

Mandy said...

If Josh & Anna (especially Anna) are considering naming a girl Michelle, I don't think it has a thing to do with "honoring Michelle." I just think they are afraid they are losing their coveted spot as the ones with all the kids following the senior Duggars. After all now Jill has produced a grandchild for Michelle & Jim Bob and Jessa will too. Josh & Anna like to stay in the limelight.

Mindi said...

RE JenTru's comment on Michelle wearing so much red lipstick & rouge in some of the older shows. She used to always say that she wanted to draw attention to her "countenance, her face & that's why she wore skirts & modest clothing. Se wanted people to pay attention too her face. So there you go.

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 386 of 386   Newer› Newest»