Once in awhile I would watch Fox News. Since learning creepy Gothard is connected with FN, I will boycot this network. I refuse to be a party to a situation whereupon a TV network will scrape the bottom of a barrel just to increase their ratings by interviewing these low life Duggars. It's duplicitous.
Dawn, I agree Josh should be the one interviewed by Fox. This is just another example of the continuous control exerted by Jim Bob over his adult kids. I am courious if indeed the original plan by Fox was to interview Josh? However the coward Josh has recently proved, he probably declined the interview. JMO.
Too Tragic & Sharla, Wow these questions are what many of us are hoping Megyn Kelly will ask during her interview with JB & M. As you know, I posted the email address to contact Megyn & the message was returned to me. If Fix News has a general email address perhaps these outstanding questions could be sent in that manner. Perhaps if we knew the fax number for Fix News or another reporters email address such as Gretchen Carlson these questions could be sent. Perhaps Esther our thorough researcher regarding contacting advertisers to cancel 19 Kids has a suggestion? Any other ideas?
Ok here's the thing.. Just learned of several email addresses at Fox News in NYC.. I have not attempted to test these email addresses...
Feedback@foxnews.com
Fncspecisls@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com
Friends@foxnews.com
Myword@foxnews.com
PH; 888-369-4762
Could not locate a fax number for Fox News.
Perhaps & hopefully the aforementioned email addresses will work. Also, consider collectively grouping these email addresses when sending the questions Too Tragic posted. Actually, Since Too Tragic posted the suggested questions for Megyn Kelly to ask the Duggars, you may want to be the person to send them to Fox News which makes absolute sense.
Jim Bob & Michelle have sold out & have proven they are Needy, needy as in a needy addiction to the lens of cameras. They've NEVER been a ministry CULTS are NOT a ministry. I just can't believe that JB & M are clueless as to the plethora of opinions surrounding the fact that the majority of people in general do not care for them. Are their egos so inflated that they cannot or refuse to live in reality. Perhaps it's the indoctrination of the Gothard Cult that controls their brains? These 2 have always projected people with their heads in the clouds. To me they just aren't authentic functioning adults. Often, Michelle would speak if a "servants heart". I saw no evidence of a servants heart in JB, M or their children but rather a family who exhibits that of a "takers heart". Do JB & actually realize they are fooling No One? Are their brains capable of realizing this fact? I just don't care for either one. JB & M preach that they are a ministry. Their ministry is all about give me, give me as much money as possible because our family's mission is to take the easy way out while we pretend that we are Christians. The Duggars are a sick joke & need to remain Off TV, find a job & fade away.
Has Josh Duggar actually said the words, "I molested young girls?" Because all I have read are the comments he made stating, "inexcusable mistakes as a teen." Did he say he: "Molested?" I'm not defending him, I believe he did molest, but I don't see the actual words in any of his brief comments. Basically his only comments were when he had to resign his job.
Should have included Jim Bob Duggar is a Dictator wannabe as is evident continuing to control his married adult kids. Jim Bob is so obsessed with controlling every aspect of the lives of his kids to the point that it's an addiction with him. This behavior is also brought on with the involvement in he Gothard cult which is probably the contributing factor in Jim Bob's unhealthy need to control his kids & the reason he continues to belittle Michelle about her past & the fact that she's no longer capable of producing more babies. Is Jim Bob so stupid as to the effect he's clueless the eventually women will menopause? Seriously, I really question the intelligence or lack thereof about Jim Bob Duggar he's so addle.
When Megyn Kelly interviews JB & M I hope she chooses to communicate in words that may be challenging for the Duggars. As we are aware, JB & M's ability to communicate intelligently is laughable.
Hey Jim Bob the correct word is FIXING. "fixin" sounds as though Jim Bob does not have a brain cell functioning. I despise the words fixin, onced (it's ONCE), twiced, (it's TWICE). Now, it's completely clear as to why Jill's language is so limited. The Duggars are complete Hicks.
Dawn Oand, I too would like to see Josh interviewed alone with no one else. It will be interesting to see if the same old questions are asked in the Jim Bob and Michelle interview this week.
OMG please NO! If Fox would pick up the 19 Kids show, I believe they would receive a deluge of emails & phone calls to cancel letting Fox know this is a huge mistake for their network & the right wing political party. JMO.
Mary, once again, Josh proves he is not repentant. He's probably laughing thinking he has gotten away with this molestation. I still can't believe Anna is such an adoring wife to this creep. Perhaps she is so compliant because of fear, stupidity or both. I fear for Anna's children especially MacKenzye & the soon to be born female child. However with all this mega publicity no agencies who defend & protect children seem to care to intervene. It's so frustrating.
Butterfly said: Has Josh Duggar actually said the words, "I molested young girls?" Because all I have read are the comments he made stating, "inexcusable mistakes as a teen." ___________________________________________________________________________________________ He doesn't need to say it, we now know it's all true. I agree that he has never actually said the word "molest" but there is a simple explanation for that. Josh has been lead to believe that what he did was not molestation. It was a "mistake", a "character flaw" or whatever else type of hogwash was drilled in his brain 12 years ago. Saying the word "molest" would make the reality of what he did all too true. The Duggars have a mindset of "prettying up" awful, inexcusable situations by calling them by other names. Molestation is a mistake. No, it's a crime. And while I believe in the power of prayer, there is not enough in the world that can make what he did any less disgusting or hurtful. I did, at one point or another like so many others, actually like this family. But over the years as I have watched their true colors be exposed, I felt less and less endearment towards them.
I still do not understand why there were no consequences for the actions of the crime of molestation Josh Chose to inflict upon his victims ? Josh did not receive counseling & twice he offended. Unless his crime is addressed by Professiinals in the manner of counseling, he will probably re offend if he hasn't already done so. I believe much of this story is yet to be revealed. I wonder how many other episodes of disgusting behavior exist within the Duggar compound? Please no more Duggars on TV!!!
I can email my question samples to Megan Kelly at Fox. The one about sex will be reworded to something like what resources and terminology do you use when discussing sex education with your children? The point is not to ask soft questions like "how are you all holding up?"
That "servants' heart" nonsense always stuck in my craw...I have asked the question before, "just who is it that Michelle serves?" I see two generations of her own family serving HER....I still can't figure out who it is that she and Jim Bob serve...any takers? The children and Grandma Duggar clearly serve Jim Bob and Michelle...how is that in keeping with their statement?
An interview like this is useless unless Josh and Jim Bob and Michelle and Anna agree to a polygraph test with Dr. Phil. Do that and then we may be getting closer to the truth.
Aunt Bee, when Michelle speaks we should just take what she says as hype, breeze & BS. There is nothing sincere, genuine or authentic about this " pretend" Mom.
Too Tragic, friendly reminder the Megyn Kelly will be returned. I sent a test email using 1 of the 5 email addresses posted earlier today with the beginning sentence "this email is for Megyn Kelly. The email was successfully sent. Good Luck!
Another word that the Duggars consider taboo is "sex"' they always use the word "gender" even though Jim Bob akways makes sexual innuendos, their program is about continual pregnancies but no, no, no the word "sex" is forbidden. This further confirms the Duggars are all about dishonesty & hipocrisy they are the poster people of deception.
This interview will end up being pointless ... Jim Bob and Michelle will dance around the questions like they always do depending on what is asked. And if she doesn't grill them like a Dr Phil show they will get away with it. They won't explain anything that we haven't already been told in they're very very limited vocabulary. I expect words like special, precious, expecting, totally, who knows what else. Maybe Derick will share another word with them like when he introduced them to the word Surreal.... And they said it 100 times. It's really not a laughing matter, and I hope Josh's victims have recovered the best way they can, I hope they have received some kind of counseling to deal with this the best way they can. I just feel sorry for them having to live through this all over again. And for the life of me I can't imagine why, except for Jim Bobs love of money why they would want this circus of a show to go on, no one will ever look at them the same again. I think the girls would feel uncomfortable continuing filming.
Question? Does anyone at this blog believe that Jim Bob & Michelle are aware that we know they are in the Gothard cult? Since 19 Kids aired I never heard JB or M speak of Gothard eve though he's their leader. If JB & M believe their program is a "ministry" why didn't they mention Gothard? Perhaps deep down they knew mentioning Gothard would offend many viewers? The same scenario with the Bates family exists. Are they ashamed of Gothard? Dud Gothard insist or demand his name should never be mentioned? However the intelligent people Quickly determined & learned about Gothard. So the Duggars & Bates weren't to clever to hide this fact. Yesterday I googled & read the syllabus of ATI homeschooling it's really, really messed up. It's negative, depressing & the main focus is Bible based obviously extracting specific versus to suit the purpose of a woman's role & mans in life. I felt as though I had been transported into the 19th century. It was just wrong & did not provide much in the manner of the basics of education for young children. It's a very limited & poor example of homeschooling.
I would like to know why Jimboob and Mullet are being interviewed about a crime that Josh committed. I have a feeling they will say that Josh was just a kid and he was foregiven. I don't believe he got any real couseling and was never punished for his crimes. His sisters were most likely told to forgive him for what he did to them and most likely never received any couseling. I don't understand how Anna could have married him when she said that she knew what had happened two years before they got engaged. I believe Josh is more upset about all of this coming out now than he is about what he did. I think that any normal parents would be more concerned about their daughters well being than about protecting their son. The girls had to be so confused and scared and their parents were more concerned about them forgiving their brother and keeping quiet about the whole thing. Jimboob and Mullet have failed to protect the right children.
Living in Indy...I don't believe Dr. Phil has made any statements about the situation. And I believe his show is on summer hiatus now, as no new episodes are popping up on my DVR's "scheduled recordings" list, but I'd love to see him grill the family. And he always seems to inject himself into these scandals, so maybe we'll get to see something in the fall. *LOL* But I've joked ever since the news broke that he must me licking his chops right now wanting to get ahold of them!
From Mary: "Josh has this on his page and instagram 'Do right and risk the consequeences'" Seriously?! I don't know why this level of delusion concering the Duggars shocks me, but it still does. I wonder what 'right' looks like to Josh? Molesting your sisters and another young girl? Being in collusion with your parents to cover it up? Strutting around like an arrogant jerk? Working for a hate group? What utter nonsense.
Autumn Leaves: Re: your question about JB and M and the Gothard connection. I think they are so far up their own rear ends that they're not really sure what the truth is any more. I do think they believe that the general public is unaware of their ties with Gothard. As much as I dislike Jim Bob; he is not dumb when it comes to PR. It's very easy to see that he skates a thin line when it comes to what they will show/disclose as far as their beliefs. He knows (and I'm sure TLC keeps a tight rein also) that if they came right out and stated unequivocally on their show that they follow a man like Gothard, or that they hit their kids with a rod, or that they violently oppose the LGBT community having any sorts of rights, or that they truly feel that women are second class citizens who are put on earth to serve men and spit out babies, the viewing audience would have made quick work of them. None of that is said outright. That way there is plausible deniability for Jim Bob. This speaks to what a sly, duplicitous person he is...dangerous too. An honest fanatic will stand up and proudly shout their beliefs from the rooftop. Jim Bob always has the bottom line in sight though and that bottom line is money. Gotta sanitize the truth or he can kiss those TLC profits goodbye. He is the ultimate snake oil salesman.
I just have to say this again....There is a VERY slim chance (I would say none at all, but see my comment below) that Anna knew any of this before now. If she would have said she found out when they were engaged, that would have been much more believable, figuring alot of people turn a blind eye to things when they are in love and a wedding is being planned. But when she first met him? Come on! And she lived all the way in Florida, I'm sure there were nice, Christian conservative young men nearer to her home.
That being said, the ONLY way that is the truth is this...I think Josh shared his interest in Anna with JB, and he spoke to Anna's father and made some kind of deal, like they would get a portion of profits from the show or something like that (Remember that the Kellers had like 9 kids in that trailer in Florida), and then explained to them about what Josh did and that it would be difficult for him to find a wife because of it, and promised them boatloads of cash. This is the ONLY way that she knew before marrying him. And because women are treated like property, Anna's father "sold" her to JB. It's either that, or she did not know til now.
If they had a smart PR person, she would have said she found out once they were courting or engaged, and already was in love with him and believed he had repented. Instead of the stupid explanation she gave, which is SO unbelievable to the general public. (She just met him and was impressed by his honesty, please.)
Additionally, on another note, JB and Michelle truly believe that if you repent to God, all is forgiven. They don't recognize any other law. So when they say it was taken care of, they aren't really lying, because they truly believe this.
The main members of the Duggar family have become celebrities, and we all know the attitude of celebrities towards the law and the consequences of breaking it.
Too bad they couldn't have dealt with this when it happened, but that would have been the end of their TV career and the dollars it was bringing in.
Now JimBob and Michelle have no choice but to face the music. Josh should also be there, he's a man now and should own up on camera to what he did. Wonder what they'll say.
Dee, very good analogy of Jim Bob. Although I don't know how he could not realize many viewers are aware if the Gothard cult his family & he embraced many years ago. A friend of mine said she wrote a message to Michelle's blog that Jim Bob & she aren't fooling anyone about their ties to Gothard. I wonder if JB & M read their own blog? Don't know.
If you want to flood the show with your point of view, it is easily done. Go to http://www.foxnews.com/shows/the-kelly-file.html and look at the links to both the social media presence and the email for the show.
Re: having the Duggars interviewed by Dr. Phil...that guy is such a mysogynist that he would probably blame Meechelle and the girls! I'm sure the actual interview won't reveal anything new and will be all about "youthful mistakes", "forgiveness" and "growing closer to God"... And like someone else mentioned- why are THEY even being interviewed at all? Josh is 27 years old and should answer for himself.
I, for one, will not be watching. I really don't understand the relevance of their appearance unless they want back on TLC. Stay home and look after your blessings. I don't think I could stand to listen to JimBob's stupid comments or Michelle's phony voice. The one person I would listen to is Mary Duggar. I do wonder just what she knows. I don't know how she could stand to be in that house with these two, knowing what they hid and would have kept hidden if it had not come out.
There are a lot of people on the Duggar blog who want Josh forgiven and want the family back on TV. To these people, I say, " take Josh home and stay with you for about 6 months, especially if you have daughters".
I agree that Josh should appear himself and respond to the questions about these incidents which happened when he was a teen. However, I believe that his parents are appearing on camera to explain their handling of these matters as his parents back then. I, however, don't think that they are going to offer any new info or really answer any questions at all...they will be in control of this "interview" as I believe when questions are given beforehand, and are taped before airing, the interviewee has all the control; they simply will ask the crew to leave their home if things are "out of THEIR control". This interview, I assume, will be pointless. I'm tired of their limited speech and vocabulary. They need to grow up themselves and really tell who they are; and who they follow and WHY.
RE: "The one person I would listen to is Mary Duggar. I do wonder just what she knows."
I wonder, too! Mary is the biggest enigma to me in this whole thing. One of the earlier links to a 2007 memo/letter which outlined all the molestation allegations mentioned that Mary and Josh were always "working the phones" around that time to try to get donations, family interviews, etc. I was a little thrown by that and have no idea if its true. The writer of the piece painted Mary as a kind of telemarketer on behalf of her son's family.
Part of me can see that happening, but was it through her own volition of trying to "help" her son and his family, or through JB pushing her to do so? I have a very hard time reading Grandma Duggar and getting a sense of where she is truly coming from.
JB and Me-chelle are going on TV because they feel they are the real victims in all of this, their choices criticized, their poor children victimized once again in the media, the left wing agenda against the Godly Republicans, Satan trying to ruin their ministry... I'm sure they'll say that Josh and Anna are handling this like the adults they are, and that the "girls" had forgiven and forgotten this mess years ago.
Just another Duggar-and-others-in-the-Cult Contradiction:
On one Side stands: Girls/women are only able to conceive and give birth, care for children, raise them, take care of the home. The first without beingt told ever really, how that works. They dress modestly, so they are not a seduction-object.
On the other side stands: Men are strong and better than women. They have on the other hand the biological problem, that they are always ready for procreation. If they do not have a wife, who helps them with that, they have prayer. BUT: evil woman is always tempting him to use his procreation-skills, where they have not been given permission to use it. Since men do sometimes commit this sin or mistake(Duggar-related oppinion, not mine), it can only have been provoked by girls/women.
So: they are too stupid to live and breathe without male supervision, but they are clever enough to actively seduce men to sin. Or make mistakes.
I stopped long ago to even try and understand that. It would have been at the time, when Eve was accused of having tempted Adam (in collusion with the Snake who in german is female as well) to eat that apple. Hello? The rest of the trees were open to him... But it is the same believe-system. Male in a very old sense. Mind you: I am convinced, that not every man "thinks" this way, but there are some and even women, of whom I would have thought better.
Is TLC hoping this interview will make it all better and then bring them back? I wonder what they are waiting for since most of their sponsors have left, they should have cancelled them.
Re: Denise an comment 5/31/2015 4:55pm re Anna knowing....
We've all seen how the Duggars sugarcoat and sanitize things. They likely told Anna and her family (pre-engagement) that Josh in his early teens 'made a mistake' saw the road that that 'mistake' was going to take him on, saw the light and repented and all was forgiven and prayed away. His 'mistake' was likely sugarcoated to look like he'd seen some inappropriate content magazines or some other kind of boys will be boys thing. So Anna and her family can honestly say that they had been told of Josh's past going into engagement/marriage and on the flip side the Duggars can say that they had revealed Josh's indiscretion. Or at least their version. Who wouldn't be impressed with such a highly moral family who would be so forthcoming? I'd bet that Anna and her family were feeling just as shocked and duped as everyone was once the depth of the very sick, ugly truth was revealed. What they were likely led to believe and what has now been revealed are polar opposites. That's the Duggars for you....always have an angle, always trying to sell it.
I still find it hard to believe that Anna knew about Josh's past before they were married. I also don't believe that her parents knew this and still agreed to let her marry Josh. If I were the Keller's I would live in constant fear for those grandchildren.
I plan to start flooding Fox News with as many comments about the Duggars as possible.
Still think this interview is pointless with JB and Michelle, Josh is the one who needs to be interviewed and told that if his parents would have handled this differently , you might not be facing this now Josh. But as we all know that would have ended the Gravy Train they call the TV career right then. Instead we get to see what kind of lies your family has been hiding all these years. I still cringe when I remember seeing a You Tube video when Josh said his family is the "epitome of holsom Christian family values", yea right.
Would love to be a fly on the wall right now in the Duggar compound? I want to know what they'll do if the show gets canceled. If they're not filming, the kids don't go to college or get jobs, the younger kids barely have any schooling to do this will be interesting.
As an adult man accused of a past crime that happened when he was a juevenile, why wouldn't his parents speak out when most are accusing them of wrongdoing? How many adults accused of a crime, has an entire family affected so badly? They should speak out but I do agree Josh should also. I wouldn't mind Anna chiming in with her views. Even though I have to wonder, if she just found out when she posted that 'I Forgive You' on her web page, a few day prior to this becoming public.
I hope this link hasn't been posted previously...........it's an article written by a woman's who grew up in the ATI cult: http://www.salon.com/2015/05/28/i_couldve_been_a_duggar_wife_i_grew_up_in_the_same_church_and_the_abuse_scandal_doesnt_shock_me/
It's been a long time since I've posted on this blog. Actually, it's been years. This tragedy has prompted me to write again. Let's not mince words, it is tragic for the victims and they have been completely overlooked by JB, M and Joshie. JB and M are not the victims here and neither is Josh. My heart breaks for those girls. I hope they find healing.
I think one of the saddest things is that so many people sensed something was off for years, but the defense was always that it was "Christian persecution" or a non-believer being critical. The responses below some of the articles are absolutely atrocious. Those of us who grew up in abusive environments had our "Spidey Senses" tingling for a long time. Sadly, we were right. I wish we weren't.
There is one thing that genuinely concerns me regarding Josh's proclivities and I could be wayyyyyy off base here.. According to the report, it appears that the oldest daughter wasn't victimized. Is this because she was already starting puberty? If so, then he only went after the pre-pubescent girls? That is a huge red flag for pedophilia. He needs to be evaluated by a real professional, someone with a PhD, PsyD, MD, etc.
Unsurprisingly, JB and M failed their children, again. The girls are treated like chattel. The Gothard cult is wildly destructive to the human spirit. If anything good comes out of this, it will be the demise of that nonsense.
I don't know if anyone has posted this link yet. It tells about how the future generations are shaped by the present, from the IBPL website. Looks like Josh's kids are going to be paying the price for their father's sins of "lust".
"Who wouldn't be impressed with such a highly moral family who would be so forthcoming? I'd bet that Anna and her family were feeling just as shocked and duped as everyone was once the depth of the very sick, ugly truth was revealed"
I would like to see how JB would react if a suitor for Jana or Jinger revealed his past of child molestation. Do you think JB would say, oh well it was in the past, and let his daughter marry him. That's not really a rhetorical question - maybe he actually would say, whatever, to that crime. Maybe that whole group just doesnt' think girl molestation is that big a deal. It sure seems that way.
"According to the report, it appears that the oldest daughter wasn't victimized. Is this because she was already starting puberty?"
Maybe she just was old enough to stand up to him and he realized she wasn't an easy target. Hopefully that was the case, what you suggested is of course far worse.
1. Phil and his wife Robin, as well as all of the psychological experts that he has connected with his show, fly to Arkansas.
2.) JimBoob & Michelle and/or TLC(as I believe that TLC is complicit in all of this) are required to rent an number of homes to be used for therapy in and around the Tonitown area to be used for therapy.
a.) ONE for Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and JoyAnna for sessions to be held by Robin McGraw (she has a domestic violence foundation) as well as other female counselors who are experts in child molestation. There should be a separate section for the little girls, as all of the older girls are really their mothers. There should be some child life therapists for the little girls to help ascertain if anything has happened to them. The fifth victim needs to be privately identified and offered the same therapy as the other four.
b.) ONE for Anna and her children with appropriate therapists. The therapist needs to know if Anna REALLY knew that Josh was a sex offender. She also needs to know what warning signs to look for in her two little girls (one not born yet).
c.) ONE for JimBoob, Michelle and Josh, presided over by Dr. Phil. Josh also needs to register as a sex offender.
d.) ONE for the older boys still at home and a section for all of the younger boys, with appropriate therapists, to make sure there has been no issues with them!
Dr. Phil and Robin should meet with the married couples (excluding Josh and Anna). The husbands need to learn how to be supportive for their wives.
ALL of this needs to be hashed out and find out who knew what and when. What if anything occurred in the realm of professional counseling. REAL counseling for Josh, for the girls and for the parents. Have JB & M made SURE that nothing has happened with the younger boys and the little girls. Determine HOW JB & M are keeping their younger girls stay safe with their brothers. Initiate appropriate SEX EDUCATION for every age appropriate child.
ALL of this information should be reported to the Arkansas Department of Child Services. An immediate FINS (family in need of services) case should be opened so that all of the younger girls AND boys remain safe!!!
If, after an appropriate amount of time, the family wants to appear on Dr. Phil and BE OPEN AND HONEST about all of this sick behavior, then they should do that. ONLY if all of the victims agree. If not, that is OK, too. SOMEONE somewhere needs to keep a professional eye on this family. No one is "entitled" to know what happened in the sessions, but I think that a bunch of people would like to know that the girls are healing and OK.
I'm wondering about Grandpa Rurark. I can't remember exactly where, but the report stated that he was living in the home at the time the events took place. Could it be this "family rift" cams about as a result of Grandpa R finding out about Josh's actions?
And when did the elder Duggars move onto the compound? Was this a response to Grandpa R moving?
Or he could have avoided her because she had a twin brother that she was close to and would tell. Predators always pick victims they think won't "tattle".
Why would there be just a three year statute of limitations on sexual abuse of a minor? There should be NO statute of limitation for this heinous crime!
Yes, according to one of the victims Grandpa Rurark lived with the Duggar's. Interesting right? Why Michelle's father, but not her mother? They can't be that estranged from the Rurark family if Grandpa was living with them for a time and where the hell did they have the space for another adult?
No clue. But everything is starting to add up. I'm trying to remember if Josh and Anna were present at Grandpa R's birthday. Remember when they all packed up and headed to his party? Grandpa R looked confused as to why they were even there in the first place. And not happy to see them, either. AWKWAAAARDDDDD.......
Anyway, I don't believe that Grandpa R and Grandma/Grandpa D all lived on the compound at the same time. If memory serves, they said the elder Duggars moved in when Grandpa D got sick. That would've been in the same timeframe that the Josh incidents were taking place. And most likely after Grandpa R moved out.
Grandpa R. lived with the Duggars before Grandpa and Grandma Duggar. Michelle's mother had died many years prior. I agree that Grandpa R. seemed very awkward on that episode where the family went to Ohio to visit Michelle's family.
RE: Bree's comment that she wouldn't mind Anna chiming in with her opinion. Anna has no opinions of her own. She only follows the "Party line." I can't imagine she will ever really address the issue. Although I agree she should, after all she is the mom of 4 children. She will soon have 2 little girls.
Now that the church in South Carolina has cancelled Jim Bob and Michele's appearance scheduled for Aug 2, I can't help but wonder if the three married couples will still be at the Alive Festival in Ohio this month. Just checked and they are still listed as speakers on the schedule.
"Maybe she just was old enough to stand up to him and he realized she wasn't an easy target. Hopefully that was the case, what you suggested is of course far worse."
I suspect that either way, he has serious power and control issues. Whether it is an attraction to young girls or preying on the vulnerable (or both), there is/was a serious mental flaw here. I'm also curious what the literature and professionals have to say regarding the sexual development/dysfunction of those who grow up in such repressive environments, especially with parents who are so outwardly provocative towards one another.
I really just wish they would've gotten professional help for all of the children. It's so sad.
Along with civil penalties for child maltreatment, “permitting abuse of a minor” counts as a criminal offense under Arkansas law. The offense is punishable as a felony when a parent “recklessly fails to take action to prevent” the sexual abuse of a minor. The statute provides a defense if the parent “takes immediate steps to end the abuse of the minor, including prompt notification of a medical or law enforcement authority, upon first knowing or having good reason to know that abuse has occurred.”
http://abovethelaw.com/2015/05/josh-duggar-is-not-the-only-one-who-escaped-prosecution (When link opens, scroll down to PERMITTING ABUSE)
It is an interesting read but be forewarned: don't get too excited.
It's so creepy that on 17 kids and counting that josh said he met Anna in 2006 and new that she was the one. His dad said to pray about it and see. Also Janna said that she prayed that josh would find someone to marry.
Josh and Anna have been removed. Their pics are gone but it looks like their website person forgot to check the text. They're supposed to do a Q and A on married life. Jill's an expert you know - one whole year.
It was only the father living with them, because the mother had already died. He moved back to the rest of his children in ... I forget where. But the reason, why only he lived there is a natural one.. :-)
Did I read this new report correctly? Jim Bob says Josh came to him crying and confessed???? Noooooooooooo. His victims ratted him out. Then Jim Bob confronted him.
Never ever did Josh go to his Dad and confess on his own.
Jim Bob is lying again in this report and trying to make Josh look better than he is.
This is verified by Josh's recent behavior shown on TV with two of his victims (Jill and Jessa). He taunts and bully's them and says one is a tattletale and the other cannot keep a secret.
Some police report that is coming out now says Josh "confessed" the molestation of his sisters to his father. I bet he confessed, after he got caught. What young man would just go to his father and say "Dad, I have something to tell you, I just touched my sisters". Yeck. Can't even imagine the dynamics going in that home. What a mess.
Yes, Susie, Duggars, TLC, FOX, Huckabee, Gothard and his ilk are all in this together. If we could could follow the money maybe we would have a clearer picture of what this is REALLY all about.
Now I guess the Sheriffs dept is going to be accused with "illegally leaking" another legit FOIA request. I wonder if someone there got mad at the treatment of the Springdale police and let InTouch know they should make a request to the County Sherrif. Maybe someone in the prosecutors office will have the spine to challenge another bogus record destruction order. One can dream.
Oh, Wow. That interview made me sick. JB can't even for one minute talk about what happened to his daughters. My husband showed more emotion about those girls being abused than their own father.
I did not watch the interview and have no interest in doing so, but I have read excerpts from it. It seems that Jimboob and Mullet were more concerned about protecting Joshie than what their daughters went through. They even had the nerve to make excuses for why he did it. I don't believe for a minute that the girls had to be told what was done to them. I find it even more disturbing that Mullet made the robocalls about transgender people using public bathrooms and how they could prey on girls, when they had a pedophile living under their own roof. It would explain why the girls always had to be on NIKE watch when they were out in public. They probably believe that the boys would jump on a woman if she showed any cleavage, shoulders or thighs. I find it disturbing that Jimboob and Mullet kiss, hug and dry hump out in public while telling their courting that they can't do that yet. I thought Mullet's head would explode when Jill gave Derick a full frontal hug when they met at the airport and she made a point of saying that they would make sure that didn't happen again. For a family that tries to portray themselves as so conservative, they sure do make a lot of sexual innuendos in front of their kids.
RE:Roo Do's comments. I cannot remember if Anna was present at Grandpa Rurark's birthday but I remember that everyone though it was such an odd statement when Josh was front & center (as usual) & stated: "Gradpa has been such an investment in my life." What kind of a statement is that? Most people would say "Grandpa has been a great influence in my life. Just strange, in my opinion. He just had to make a statement even if it made no sense.
Most Cults are focused on sex. When these cults are Outed it always seems non consenting sex often with under age children is at the core. This sick Gothard cult is no different. A excellent example is Jim Bob's continual inappropriate remarks about sex. The insane rules of courtship & engagement. The taunting inappropriate behavior by JB & M in front of the couples. So much emphasis on sex & that no one can have it until marriage definitely Heightens the curiosity. It's not surprising this incest with Josh occurred. It's disgusting & Josh needs to be accountable for his sick actions. I believe the comment Josh made aluding to an apology was just "breeze" telling people that he was remorseful & apologetic was just a smoke screen. Josh is too self absorbed to apologize for any of his actions. Josh has a very high opinion of himself as is evident in the manner in which he communicates. The fact that he once held a very high position within the "hate" group just further inflated his ego. So, in my opinion regarding the moleststion of his sisters & another girl, is not surprising. On every level in life, Josh believes that he's entitled. I feel very sorry for Anna stuck in a marriage with this sicko. Although I don't believe Anna is bright enough to realize the hazards for her female children. This family is a disaster & Josh needs Professional Help & not from the Gothard Cult.
I agree with Bobbie's post from6/5 @ 11:10am You know it's just unbelievable to think that Josh had this position in DC, big home, new cars, traveling all the time, lecturing, posing with various well known politicians & yet nobody in either Anna's family or the Duggars could mention who he worked for. That speaks volumes to me. I think most of us can without hesitation tell someone who are son works for, this entire cult is being seen or what it is.
Its possible the Duggars are worried about more than themselves (a stretch for them, obviously) but they may also be worried about "the Gothard thing" being under the spotlight and also all the politicians they have supported. I'm sure that is added pressure.
More on why they should have stayed out of the public view: http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/06/05/it-is-long-past-time-to-dump-the-duggars/
Seems to me that every time that the "girls" (molested girls) where brought up...Jimboob would quickly switch back to Josh. I hope these girls health do not suffer in the long run, not just their mental health but their physical health as well. As this kind of pain is life long and it can sure take a toll on one. I'm still hoping that TLC dumps them!
It's so sad that Jessa and Jill have no idea that they have been and are still being abused and disrespected by their own parents and indoctrinated belief system. They have no idea how they should be treated, how they should be thinking and what they could have accomplished in their young professional lives; which, by the way, does NOT have to exclude marriage and some children. They have been used since they were tall enough to stand on a chair and stir a hot pot on the stove and change a baby diaper. Their parents are idiots.
Susie, multiple lies were told during the interview to attempt do sanitize the events. 1)Josh confessed to JimBob. The police report using JimBob's narrative and victims statements show a case of JimBob catching Josh coming out of the girl's room at night and investigating; One girl, (readers think Jill) told on Josh; Josh molested a 5 year old sitting on his lap during the day and she ran crying to her parents. 2)It was over the clothing. The police report states that episodes were both over and under clothing. The 5 year old on the lap was under clothing, as was a girl in the pantry whom Josh pulled down the leggings and underwear that were under her dress. After stating in the interview it was always over clothing, Jim Bob then says it was sometimes under clothing, but only for a few seconds. 3)They were always asleep. The 5 year old on the lap most assuredly wasn't asleep, nor was the girl in the pantry. As for the other events, the girls gave astonishingly detailed descriptions for children sleeping. 4) They didn't know the touching was inappropriate, per Michelle. The interviewer asked one girl if there was anywhere they weren't allowed to be touched. She said from their hands to their feet, everything in between couldn't be touched, except their parents could touch their butts when they spanked them with a rod. In this family that almost everything is off limits, they certainly knew that particular touching was wrong. One girl even told the interviewer she didn't like it, "it felt weird".
I saw pictures of a moving van in Josh & Anna's driveway. I guess that means Anna will be giving birth back in AR. Too bad, as for once she had a decent, educated, professional midwife & was all set to deliver in DC. She will now probably have Jill, Michelle & of course Debbie Querry. It's really a shame, as it seemed she would finally have a normal delivery. It just shows you the terrible ripple effect of Josh's actions, no matter what his age was, now his wife gets to pay with her with her life through another un-skilled delivery.
Apparently Josh Duggar has hired Kate Gosselin's former bodyguard, Steve Neild. Read an article that said Steve was there at the home in MD, on Monday telling reporters to leave. A bodyguard? Please Josh you're not the one that needs a bodyguard your kids do.
Always, I too read that Josh hired a bodyguard. I can see why because he's probably afraid for his safety when he's out in public. As you said it's ironic because his victims could have used a bodyguard too. Fane has it's price too.
Someone posted on another site that we are doing exactly waht the Duggars PR machine wants us to do: to get caught up in what the Duggars say and forget the fact that Josh's record was NOT a juvenile record. Josh was born in March 1988 so he was 18 years old when the report was taken in Dec 2006.
Jill never did have midwife certification. She was a trainee. She was quitting because she was getting married about the time her mentor lost her certification.
I hope Anna has lots of pizza for Steve.Lord knows they don't need another pizza fight like the one Kate got into with her bff's and ran them off.Oh,and he doesn't eat macaroni,either.Take note.It appears Kate knew him quite well. :)
I agree that Jill has never had a certification, but I'm sure she will again be front & center at Anna's delivery, since it appears that Josh & Anna are on the way back to AR. She has been at every one of Anna's deliveries, even before she announced that she was going to become a midwife. If memory servers, she was at MacKenzie's birth with her mom. They rushed home from, Big Sandy homeschool conference, when Josh decided they should do a home birth, because DR Sarver was out of town & Anna would have had to have a male Dr. Then after Josie's birth she was going to become a nurse, as she was impressed with all the nurses that cared for Josie. She then decided not to go that route & instead she would become a midwife. She still was at Marcus's birth even though Anna went to her own midwife's home for delivery. I feel confident in saying that Jim Bob,Michelle & Derick all refer to her as a "midwife." She is not a midwife. I wonder what plans Jessa has for the delivery of her baby?
If the Duggars think this is going to go away. they are wrong. Benny Seward just gave a intervirew. I am stunned http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/05/26/duggar-relative-anyone-would-molest-kids-given-opportunity-and-no-consequences/
Regarding the article that Mary posted a link to: What a bunch of sickos! Everytime one of these people opens their mouth and defends Josh, they are opening a can of worms! They are enabling Josh and an entire culture of people and having them believe that it is perfectly natural to think about having sex with children, perfectly natural to have that desire, and okay if you follow through because you will be forgiven. Ben's father saying that it is normal to feel this way makes me question him and sadly Ben too. And what of the rest of the Duggar boys? Is this considered normal "boy" wiring ... "boys will be boys" ...? I don't know about any of you, but I have a feeling that the population as a whole would not consider thoughts or actions on the matter in any way normal or acceptable. It is horrifying and as Ben's dad said, there are laws against such things (for good reason sir!!!). Now he goes on the list of people NEVER to have around your children (Take note Jessa!)
I have a question for Mr. Seewald Sr..did your son, Ben, view his younger sisters in the same manner as Josh Duggar did? For you to say that it's perfectly natural to have those thoughts about younger children AND your siblings? This group of people seem to be quite diseased as a whole, the Gothard, ATI group. They need to open the windows and air out the house...while they are at it, flush the toilet.
Wow, this just gets worse, doesn't it. What really went/goes on in that house. You can't know what even two children are doing all the time let alone NINETEEN, it's like counting fish in a tank or herding cats. This family is finished.
Wow Where is DDS why would the Duggars not let them in? What is happening in that house.. The TLC people must have seen abuse. Its time they spoke up contract or not. I really feel for those children. I am begining to believe there was more than touching reading what Sewrd father said. So now what we have the same problem at the Seward sr house Pluse Benny being raised to believe it.. I hope none of them ever give birth to a female. I guess the state of AK does not care about its children Just as long the parents are good republicians
Not so sure that Megyn Kelly got it right in regards to how often child molesters go on to reoffend: http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/res/rcd.html
I wish we could rewind and make sure she had her facts before she did the sloppy interviews with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, Jessa Seewald and Jill Dillard. Good Grief!
Maybe Joshie didn't hire that body guard after all. Since he was Kate's guy (I mean, guard) before, maybe it was the production company that hired him to keep Joshie safe (from any differing opinions). It's the same production company, right?
Ok, Duggar lovers, so Jesus forgave Joshie (according to those who know...how they know, I wouldn't have the faintest idea). It was a crime against the people of Arkansas, and they are the ones who should have pursued punishment against Joshie. And, the Governor at the time, the guy who had the responsibility to see to it that criminals were punished? Mike Huckabee, good buddies with the Duggars. How much did the Governor know? And, when did he know it?
That's fine if Josh was sincerely sorrowful and asked Jesus to forgive him, we all need forgiveness. HOWEVER, there is human justice that needs to be taken into consideration. Li'l Joshie can't just say that he's been forgiven and hope the whole mess will go away, he's committed a crime or crimes that need to be dealt with; plus, his Christian parents tried to keep the whole thing under wraps for the sake of prestige and the almighty dollar.
FIRST VIDEO CLIP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--_guUb9g0
at 0:38 you will glimpse Josh Duggar when they were moving and his head was shaved.
at 4:57 Josh's hair is very short like it is trying to grow out....
SECOND VIDEO CLIP from the same show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3isDJQ2nTR8
They are on their way to Big Sandy, all in red shirts, even baby Jackson. Josh is driving one of the vehicles. The Duggar Family Blog states that Jackson was born May 23, 2004. He is still small, in the video, but big enough to walk. Michelle is pregnant with Hannie who was born October 11, 2005. Since this appears to be in the summer (green grass, everyone in short sleeves). Since it was before Hannie was born it would be 2005 when Josh's hair was growing out. The vehicle breaks down and Josh gets out in his red shirt to help. You can see at 4:50 it looks like Josh's hair was growing out.
They arrive at the ATI camp and at 8:13 it states that Josh Duggar is 17 1/2. (So he had his head shaved when he was 17, since it was very obviously still growing out???) I thought he molested the girls when he was 14 and 15? Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar claim Josh was no longer messing with the girls so.....what did he do at age 17 to be punished by having his head shaved?
Could this have anything to do with it? http://defamer.gawker.com/jim-bobs-punishment-for-masturbators-crazy-duggar-tale-1707675683?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Note: Joy-Anna was born October 28, 1997, according to the Duggar Family blog. Since Michelle was pregnant with Hannie and Joy didn't turn 8 until 17 days after Hannie was born that means Joy was still 7 (almost 8) during this clip. At 6:59 you can see how little Joy was in 2005, so imagine how little she was at age 5 when Josh was "interested in his youngest sister".
Rosalie. That was an excellent post. Absolutely agree with you as we have no idea who it is that has forgiven Josh. Just because Jill & Jessa say they did in my mind it doesn't make it so. We don't know who the other victims are & if they have indeed forgiven Josh by their own volition.
I find the belief that Josh was a 'curious hormonal boy' pitiful. It is highly inappropriate for anyone to approach someone, pull down their leggings, lift their skirt up and "cop a feel' in the laundry room, or ANYWHERE ELSE IN OR OUT OF THE HOUSE. Evidently, Josh did this to one of his sisters. What is wrong with this family and those girls? They (Jill and Jessa) seem to act like there wasn't "much wrong' with it...only a little "wrong"..they need to face reality themselves.
Josh was not hormonally curious.He was an agressive sexual predator,and the fact he moved from nighttime to full on daytime abuse meant he was becoming even more agressive.I don't know if he ever reformed or not; I do find it curious that if such is the case,he won't give an interview,look straight at the camera,and say flat out that he has not done these things since then,nor has he ever molested his own daughter. (Or even groped Anna when she's sleeping). You would think if such is the case,he would be a man and stand up and say so,rather then hide behind his parents and victims.Not cool at all.
the girls have been taught that josh or any male have done nothing wrong. This has been told to them since birth. If someone touches you it yor that did something wrong. JIll and Jessa hhad to come out and defend Josh. Everything is perfect in that house. Remember the girls have been told they are siinful ones they must have done something to temp Josh even if your a infant
what bothers me is Jim Boob and Mullet had to put locks on the girls doors? WHY I thought he was cured. The put locks on the girls doors to keep him out??? I am not a mother but what happens if one of the girls get sick? and want thier mother for comfort of for another need a hug? They are locked in the room.yeah I know the girls are raising them.. Also I find it ODD that the girls can change boy's diaper and take them into the girls room even in thier beds and not be tempted. We know boys as babies and toddlers sleep with the girls. I guess that is ok . There is nothing to convievce me that Josh is "Cured". I am begining to wonder about other older boys. The parents have no idea what is happening in that family. I love how the camera's was there to show us JimBoob giving out medice to kids with chicken pox he was lost. You know that was girls job but the camera's were there that day and you know the girls who usually gave out them medicine could never be filmed.
Story being reported today from 2002 when one of the business renters of the Duggar’s property had to take out a restraining order on Jim Bob Duggar. I didn't think it was much of a story: http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jim-bob-duggar-restraining-order/
Decided to see what was on Arkansas Casenet.
Nothing found in Benton County for this bunch. Too bad that Washington County isn't on Casenet: http://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov
An excellent point made if someone OTHER THAN A MALE SIBLING had touched the girls exactly the same way in the same situations as reported, how would the Duggar parents have handled that? Would they have gone for the "jugular", or would they have taken the same repentant route and cut that person the same amount of slack as they have given their own son? That would have been a great question for Megyn to have asked them....but, of course, she didn't.
Legal experts told In Touch Weekly that according to Arkansas Code 5-27-221, JIM BOB AND MICHELLE DUGGAR could have been prosecuted for PERMITTING ABUSE OF A MINOR because they did not report their son's crimes, and if convicted, they would have faced six years in prison. However, by the time the police were notified, the statute of limitations on all crimes surrounding the case had already run out.
I just can't believe that awkward happy father's day video post to Jim Bob from BOTH Josh and Anna..first of all, Anna didn't look well; I'd say it's a combination of a now stressful pregnancy and a forced appearance on that silly video..Not a mention to HER father? Don't they both wish Mr. Kellar a happy day too? I'm so tired of this family taking over the whole situation like that are the only players..what about the children in laws' families? They seem not to exist on the Duggar radar screen..How could Josh mention those "days riding aroung with JB in the tow truck"? We all know why he was riding around with his dad..he couldn't keep his hands off his sisters! Not something I would want to bring up if I were him. Anna isn't earning any real respect from most of us women in the "real world". I'm sure in her insulated cult she is earning brownie points for being the 'suffering Christian stand by your man' wife...but it doesn't earn her anything as an example to her children, does it? She obviously had and has NO life outside of her husband. She has no where to go and doesn't know how to do anything to support herself even in the smallest of ways. I don't think any society that supports that and requires it of their females is a good one...I also don't think the the Lord is any more proud of her for it.
Mary, I'm not sure how long you have followed the Duggar circus. I truly mean no offence by this, but re: your comment about what happens if one of the girls is sick & needs their mother for comfort, or needs a hug. That never happens. The sister-moms take over & do all the comforting. If you watch older episodes, you will see this. Of course, there is always an exception to any rule & in the Duggar house it's :Precious Josie, who Michelle still considers a baby.
I was babysitting my 3 grandkids today so I did a lot of DUggar surfing. One story said the Duggars were worried Josh might commit suicide cuz no one was returning his calls about a job, another said he was being shunned by his family cuz he is being blamed for them possibly losing their income. Now we saw the photos on Michaels birthday at the Duggar house and Joshs father's day video...but maybe their PR firm set that all up.
I posted something last night. I been watching for years what I said was in jwst. Mullwt only hugs babies once they are passed off she is done with them. the girls were forced since infants to know that what a boy, man says is the rule.. They told it was ok what Josh did to them. I believe Josh continued to molest them. He never went crying to his parents he was caught and then one of the girls told on him
The funny thng is,if the Duggars lose the lawsuit,they are going to have to pay up,otherwise their reputation of debt free is at stake.To have a judgment outstanding for such a thing would not look good on them,maybe even worse than the tax debt they paid off. I do hope the victim does not agree to a settlement,and this goes to court,if that's what she wants.I hope her family does not push her to settle
This blog is managed by a group of administrators who are all in ongoing contact with each other. To share your questions or concerns with us privately, please send your email to: Maggie at shatzie1980@yahoo.com or sharla.smith@live.com
1. Do not be rude to other posters or call them names.
2. No online petitions.
3. Do not be rude about the children or call them names. Commenting on the behaviour that we have seen is acceptable, but no name calling.
4. Do not refer to calling CPS or use the term child abuse unless we something that actually is abusive.
5. Watch profanity.
6. Don't tell the moderators how to run the blog.
7. Be careful about boards on boards and please don't discuss or provide links to other Duggar boards.
8. No diagnosing mental/medical conditions.
9. No posting addresses.
10. Along with not being rude don't tell other people how to think, act, or behave - don't try to tell other people what to do or not do.
11. No using the kids' names or moderators' as your screen name.
12. Comments including "I'm sure you won't print this" will never be printed.
13. No unsolicited recaps. We are not recapping the Duggar shows.
14. The administrators are not able to verify the identity of people who comment here. Believe what you choose to believe.
15. Please use proper grammar, spelling, capitalizations and punctuations in your comments. No instant message type speaking.
16. Please refrain from beating the dead horses such as Josh's years ago expressed interest in law school. If the Duggars have moved on, so should we.
337 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 337 of 337Once in awhile I would watch Fox News. Since learning creepy Gothard is connected with FN, I will boycot this network. I refuse to be a party to a situation whereupon a TV network will scrape the bottom of a barrel just to increase their ratings by interviewing these low life Duggars. It's duplicitous.
Dawn, I agree Josh should be the one interviewed by Fox. This is just another example of the continuous control exerted by Jim Bob over his adult kids. I am courious if indeed the original plan by Fox was to interview Josh? However the coward Josh has recently proved, he probably declined the interview. JMO.
Sharla, again thank you for monitoring this blog so judiciously, it speaks volumes about your fairness, character & intelligence
Too Tragic & Sharla, Wow these questions are what many of us are hoping Megyn Kelly will ask during her interview with JB & M. As you know, I posted the email address to contact Megyn & the message was returned to me. If Fix News has a general email address perhaps these outstanding questions could be sent in that manner. Perhaps if we knew the fax number for Fix News or another reporters email address such as Gretchen Carlson these questions could be sent. Perhaps Esther our thorough researcher regarding contacting advertisers to cancel 19 Kids has a suggestion? Any other ideas?
Too Tragic, I forgot to write very impressed with these questions that should be asked of the Duggars during interview on Fox News.
Ok here's the thing.. Just learned of several email addresses at Fox News in NYC.. I have not attempted to test these email addresses...
Feedback@foxnews.com
Fncspecisls@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com
Friends@foxnews.com
Myword@foxnews.com
PH; 888-369-4762
Could not locate a fax number for Fox News.
Perhaps & hopefully the aforementioned email addresses will work. Also, consider collectively grouping these email addresses when sending the questions Too Tragic posted. Actually, Since Too Tragic posted the suggested questions for Megyn Kelly to ask the Duggars, you may want to be the person to send them to Fox News which makes absolute sense.
Has the police chief really been fired?
Hi
Josh has this on his page and instagram
"Do right and risk the consequeences"
going to be sick
Hi
Just thinking if TLC cancells the Duggars will fox pick it up
mary
Correction to one of the Fox email addresses the correct one is
Fncspecials@foxnews.com
I misspelled the word specials. Sorry.
Jim Bob & Michelle have sold out & have proven they are Needy, needy as in a needy addiction to the lens of cameras. They've NEVER been a ministry CULTS are NOT a ministry. I just can't believe that JB & M are clueless as to the plethora of opinions surrounding the fact that the majority of people in general do not care for them. Are their egos so inflated that they cannot or refuse to live in reality. Perhaps it's the indoctrination of the Gothard Cult that controls their brains? These 2 have always projected people with their heads in the clouds. To me they just aren't authentic functioning adults. Often, Michelle would speak if a "servants heart". I saw no evidence of a servants heart in JB, M or their children but rather a family who exhibits that of a "takers heart". Do JB & actually realize they are fooling No One? Are their brains capable of realizing this fact? I just don't care for either one. JB & M preach that they are a ministry. Their ministry is all about give me, give me as much money as possible because our family's mission is to take the easy way out while we pretend that we are Christians. The Duggars are a sick joke & need to remain Off TV, find a job & fade away.
Has Josh Duggar actually said the words, "I molested young girls?" Because all I have read are the comments he made stating, "inexcusable mistakes as a teen." Did he say he: "Molested?" I'm not defending him, I believe he did molest, but I don't see the actual words in any of his brief comments. Basically his only comments were when he had to resign his job.
Should have included Jim Bob Duggar is a Dictator wannabe as is evident continuing to control his married adult kids. Jim Bob is so obsessed with controlling every aspect of the lives of his kids to the point that it's an addiction with him. This behavior is also brought on with the involvement in he Gothard cult which is probably the contributing factor in Jim Bob's unhealthy need to control his kids & the reason he continues to belittle Michelle about her past & the fact that she's no longer capable of producing more babies. Is Jim Bob so stupid as to the effect he's clueless the eventually women will menopause? Seriously, I really question the intelligence or lack thereof about Jim Bob Duggar he's so addle.
When Megyn Kelly interviews JB & M I hope she chooses to communicate in words that may be challenging for the Duggars. As we are aware, JB & M's ability to communicate intelligently is laughable.
Hey Jim Bob the correct word is FIXING. "fixin" sounds as though Jim Bob does not have a brain cell functioning. I despise the words fixin, onced (it's ONCE), twiced, (it's TWICE). Now, it's completely clear as to why Jill's language is so limited. The Duggars are complete Hicks.
Too Tragic:
Thank you. You list of questions was SPOT ON.
Dawn Oand, I too would like to see Josh interviewed alone with no one else. It will be interesting to see if the same old questions are asked in the Jim Bob and Michelle interview this week.
Josh was probably forced to apologize. I don't believe he's one who would be remorseful.
OMG please NO! If Fox would pick up the 19 Kids show, I believe they would receive a deluge of emails & phone calls to cancel letting Fox know this is a huge mistake for their network & the right wing political party. JMO.
Mary, once again, Josh proves he is not repentant. He's probably laughing thinking he has gotten away with this molestation. I still can't believe Anna is such an adoring wife to this creep. Perhaps she is so compliant because of fear, stupidity or both. I fear for Anna's children especially MacKenzye & the soon to be born female child. However with all this mega publicity no agencies who defend & protect children seem to care to intervene. It's so frustrating.
Meant to write agencies seem Not to care to intervene.
Obviously Josh believes the world (ok Michelle) revolves around him. That's the image this creep projects.
Butterfly said:
Has Josh Duggar actually said the words, "I molested young girls?" Because all I have read are the comments he made stating, "inexcusable mistakes as a teen."
___________________________________________________________________________________________
He doesn't need to say it, we now know it's all true. I agree that he has never actually said the word "molest" but there is a simple explanation for that. Josh has been lead to believe that what he did was not molestation. It was a "mistake", a "character flaw" or whatever else type of hogwash was drilled in his brain 12 years ago. Saying the word "molest" would make the reality of what he did all too true. The Duggars have a mindset of "prettying up" awful, inexcusable situations by calling them by other names. Molestation is a mistake. No, it's a crime. And while I believe in the power of prayer, there is not enough in the world that can make what he did any less disgusting or hurtful. I did, at one point or another like so many others, actually like this family. But over the years as I have watched their true colors be exposed, I felt less and less endearment towards them.
I still do not understand why there were no consequences for the actions of the crime of molestation Josh Chose to inflict upon his victims ? Josh did not receive counseling & twice he offended. Unless his crime is addressed by Professiinals in the manner of counseling, he will probably re offend if he hasn't already done so. I believe much of this story is yet to be revealed. I wonder how many other episodes of disgusting behavior exist within the Duggar compound? Please no more Duggars on TV!!!
Why being gay is worse than being a child molester:
http://www.deepsouthdaily.com/2015/05/if-josh-duggar-had-announced-that-hes-gay.html
I can email my question samples to Megan Kelly at Fox. The one about sex will be reworded to something like what resources and terminology do you use when discussing sex education with your children? The point is not to ask soft questions like "how are you all holding up?"
That "servants' heart" nonsense always stuck in my craw...I have asked the question before, "just who is it that Michelle serves?" I see two generations of her own family serving HER....I still can't figure out who it is that she and Jim Bob serve...any takers?
The children and Grandma Duggar clearly serve Jim Bob and Michelle...how is that in keeping with their statement?
An interview like this is useless unless Josh and Jim Bob and Michelle and Anna agree to a polygraph test with Dr. Phil. Do that and then we may be getting closer to the truth.
I would love to see Dr. Phil get a hold of the Duggars. That's one I would be sure to watch.
Sharla, just had to write about my niece named Charlotte who we now call Charla. Thought that was so cool.
Question re Dr. Phil, dies anyone know if Dr.Phil has commented about this Josh Duggar scandal? I've searched the Internet & couldn't find any info.
Aunt Bee, when Michelle speaks we should just take what she says as hype, breeze & BS. There is nothing sincere, genuine or authentic about this " pretend" Mom.
Too Tragic, friendly reminder the Megyn Kelly will be returned. I sent a test email using 1 of the 5 email addresses posted earlier today with the beginning sentence "this email is for Megyn Kelly. The email was successfully sent. Good Luck!
Another word that the Duggars consider taboo is "sex"' they always use the word "gender" even though Jim Bob akways makes sexual innuendos, their program is about continual pregnancies but no, no, no the word "sex" is forbidden. This further confirms the Duggars are all about dishonesty & hipocrisy they are the poster people of deception.
This interview will end up being pointless ... Jim Bob and Michelle will dance around the questions like they always do depending on what is asked. And if she doesn't grill them like a Dr Phil show they will get away with it. They won't explain anything that we haven't already been told in they're very very limited vocabulary. I expect words like special, precious, expecting, totally, who knows what else. Maybe Derick will share another word with them like when he introduced them to the word Surreal.... And they said it 100 times.
It's really not a laughing matter, and I hope Josh's victims have recovered the best way they can, I hope they have received some kind of counseling to deal with this the best way they can. I just feel sorry for them having to live through this all over again. And for the life of me I can't imagine why, except for Jim Bobs love of money why they would want this circus of a show to go on, no one will ever look at them the same again. I think the girls would feel uncomfortable continuing filming.
Question? Does anyone at this blog believe that Jim Bob & Michelle are aware that we know they are in the Gothard cult? Since 19 Kids aired I never heard JB or M speak of Gothard eve though he's their leader. If JB & M believe their program is a "ministry" why didn't they mention Gothard? Perhaps deep down they knew mentioning Gothard would offend many viewers? The same scenario with the Bates family exists. Are they ashamed of Gothard? Dud Gothard insist or demand his name should never be mentioned? However the intelligent people Quickly determined & learned about Gothard. So the Duggars & Bates weren't to clever to hide this fact. Yesterday I googled & read the syllabus of ATI homeschooling it's really, really messed up. It's negative, depressing & the main focus is Bible based obviously extracting specific versus to suit the purpose of a woman's role & mans in life. I felt as though I had been transported into the 19th century. It was just wrong & did not provide much in the manner of the basics of education for young children. It's a very limited & poor example of homeschooling.
I would like to know why Jimboob and Mullet are being interviewed about a crime that Josh committed. I have a feeling they will say that Josh was just a kid and he was foregiven. I don't believe he got any real couseling and was never punished for his crimes. His sisters were most likely told to forgive him for what he did to them and most likely never received any couseling. I don't understand how Anna could have married him when she said that she knew what had happened two years before they got engaged. I believe Josh is more upset about all of this coming out now than he is about what he did. I think that any normal parents would be more concerned about their daughters well being than about protecting their son. The girls had to be so confused and scared and their parents were more concerned about them forgiving their brother and keeping quiet about the whole thing. Jimboob and Mullet have failed to protect the right children.
Living in Indy...I don't believe Dr. Phil has made any statements about the situation. And I believe his show is on summer hiatus now, as no new episodes are popping up on my DVR's "scheduled recordings" list, but I'd love to see him grill the family. And he always seems to inject himself into these scandals, so maybe we'll get to see something in the fall. *LOL* But I've joked ever since the news broke that he must me licking his chops right now wanting to get ahold of them!
From Mary:
"Josh has this on his page and instagram
'Do right and risk the consequeences'"
Seriously?! I don't know why this level of delusion concering the Duggars shocks me, but it still does.
I wonder what 'right' looks like to Josh? Molesting your sisters and another young girl? Being in collusion with your parents to cover it up? Strutting around like an arrogant jerk? Working for a hate group? What utter nonsense.
Autumn Leaves: Re: your question about JB and M and the Gothard connection. I think they are so far up their own rear ends that they're not really sure what the truth is any more. I do think they believe that the general public is unaware of their ties with Gothard. As much as I dislike Jim Bob; he is not dumb when it comes to PR. It's very easy to see that he skates a thin line when it comes to what they will show/disclose as far as their beliefs. He knows (and I'm sure TLC keeps a tight rein also) that if they came right out and stated unequivocally on their show that they follow a man like Gothard, or that they hit their kids with a rod, or that they violently oppose the LGBT community having any sorts of rights, or that they truly feel that women are second class citizens who are put on earth to serve men and spit out babies, the viewing audience would have made quick work of them. None of that is said outright. That way there is plausible deniability for Jim Bob. This speaks to what a sly, duplicitous person he is...dangerous too. An honest fanatic will stand up and proudly shout their beliefs from the rooftop. Jim Bob always has the bottom line in sight though and that bottom line is money. Gotta sanitize the truth or he can kiss those TLC profits goodbye. He is the ultimate snake oil salesman.
I just have to say this again....There is a VERY slim chance (I would say none at all, but see my comment below) that Anna knew any of this before now. If she would have said she found out when they were engaged, that would have been much more believable, figuring alot of people turn a blind eye to things when they are in love and a wedding is being planned. But when she first met him? Come on! And she lived all the way in Florida, I'm sure there were nice, Christian conservative young men nearer to her home.
That being said, the ONLY way that is the truth is this...I think Josh shared his interest in Anna with JB, and he spoke to Anna's father and made some kind of deal, like they would get a portion of profits from the show or something like that (Remember that the Kellers had like 9 kids in that trailer in Florida), and then explained to them about what Josh did and that it would be difficult for him to find a wife because of it, and promised them boatloads of cash. This is the ONLY way that she knew before marrying him. And because women are treated like property, Anna's father "sold" her to JB. It's either that, or she did not know til now.
If they had a smart PR person, she would have said she found out once they were courting or engaged, and already was in love with him and believed he had repented. Instead of the stupid explanation she gave, which is SO unbelievable to the general public. (She just met him and was impressed by his honesty, please.)
Additionally, on another note, JB and Michelle truly believe that if you repent to God, all is forgiven. They don't recognize any other law. So when they say it was taken care of, they aren't really lying, because they truly believe this.
The main members of the Duggar family have become celebrities, and we all know the attitude of celebrities towards the law and the consequences of breaking it.
Too bad they couldn't have dealt with this when it happened, but that would have been the end of their TV career and the dollars it was bringing in.
Now JimBob and Michelle have no choice but to face the music. Josh should also be there, he's a man now and should own up on camera to what he did. Wonder what they'll say.
Dee, very good analogy of Jim Bob. Although I don't know how he could not realize many viewers are aware if the Gothard cult his family & he embraced many years ago. A friend of mine said she wrote a message to Michelle's blog that Jim Bob & she aren't fooling anyone about their ties to Gothard. I wonder if JB & M read their own blog? Don't know.
If you want to flood the show with your point of view, it is easily done. Go to http://www.foxnews.com/shows/the-kelly-file.html and look at the links to both the social media presence and the email for the show.
Re: having the Duggars interviewed by Dr. Phil...that guy is such a mysogynist that he would probably blame Meechelle and the girls! I'm sure the actual interview won't reveal anything new and will be all about "youthful mistakes", "forgiveness" and "growing closer to God"... And like someone else mentioned- why are THEY even being interviewed at all? Josh is 27 years old and should answer for himself.
I, for one, will not be watching. I really don't understand the relevance of their appearance unless they want back on TLC. Stay home and look after your blessings. I don't think I could stand to listen to JimBob's stupid comments or Michelle's phony voice. The one person I would listen to is Mary Duggar. I do wonder just what she knows. I don't know how she could stand to be in that house with these two, knowing what they hid and would have kept hidden if it had not come out.
There are a lot of people on the Duggar blog who want Josh forgiven and want the family back on TV. To these people, I say, " take Josh home and stay with you for about 6 months, especially if you have daughters".
I agree that Josh should appear himself and respond to the questions about these incidents which happened when he was a teen. However, I believe that his parents are appearing on camera to explain their handling of these matters as his parents back then. I, however, don't think that they are going to offer any new info or really answer any questions at all...they will be in control of this "interview" as I believe when questions are given beforehand, and are taped before airing, the interviewee has all the control; they simply will ask the crew to leave their home if things are "out of THEIR control". This interview, I assume, will be pointless. I'm tired of their limited speech and vocabulary. They need to grow up themselves and really tell who they are; and who they follow and WHY.
RE: "The one person I would listen to is Mary Duggar. I do wonder just what she knows."
I wonder, too! Mary is the biggest enigma to me in this whole thing. One of the earlier links to a 2007 memo/letter which outlined all the molestation allegations mentioned that Mary and Josh were always "working the phones" around that time to try to get donations, family interviews, etc. I was a little thrown by that and have no idea if its true. The writer of the piece painted Mary as a kind of telemarketer on behalf of her son's family.
Part of me can see that happening, but was it through her own volition of trying to "help" her son and his family, or through JB pushing her to do so? I have a very hard time reading Grandma Duggar and getting a sense of where she is truly coming from.
JB and Me-chelle are going on TV because they feel they are the real victims in all of this, their choices criticized, their poor children victimized once again in the media, the left wing agenda against the Godly Republicans, Satan trying to ruin their ministry... I'm sure they'll say that Josh and Anna are handling this like the adults they are, and that the "girls" had forgiven and forgotten this mess years ago.
Just another Duggar-and-others-in-the-Cult Contradiction:
On one Side stands:
Girls/women are only able to conceive and give birth, care for children, raise them, take care of the home. The first without beingt told ever really, how that works. They dress modestly, so they are not a seduction-object.
On the other side stands:
Men are strong and better than women. They have on the other hand the biological problem, that they are always ready for procreation. If they do not have a wife, who helps them with that, they have prayer. BUT: evil woman is always tempting him to use his procreation-skills, where they have not been given permission to use it.
Since men do sometimes commit this sin or mistake(Duggar-related oppinion, not mine), it can only have been provoked by girls/women.
So: they are too stupid to live and breathe without male supervision, but they are clever enough to actively seduce men to sin. Or make mistakes.
I stopped long ago to even try and understand that. It would have been at the time, when Eve was accused of having tempted Adam (in collusion with the Snake who in german is female as well) to eat that apple. Hello? The rest of the trees were open to him... But it is the same believe-system. Male in a very old sense. Mind you: I am convinced, that not every man "thinks" this way, but there are some and even women, of whom I would have thought better.
Thanks Bobbi. Will be sending some emails to Megyn Kelly today. Hoping for the best!
Is TLC hoping this interview will make it all better and then bring them back? I wonder what they are waiting for since most of their sponsors have left, they should have cancelled them.
Re: Denise an comment 5/31/2015 4:55pm re Anna knowing....
We've all seen how the Duggars sugarcoat and sanitize things. They likely told Anna and her family (pre-engagement) that Josh in his early teens 'made a mistake' saw the road that that 'mistake' was going to take him on, saw the light and repented and all was forgiven and prayed away. His 'mistake' was likely sugarcoated to look like he'd seen some inappropriate content magazines or some other kind of boys will be boys thing. So Anna and her family can honestly say that they had been told of Josh's past going into engagement/marriage and on the flip side the Duggars can say that they had revealed Josh's indiscretion. Or at least their version. Who wouldn't be impressed with such a highly moral family who would be so forthcoming? I'd bet that Anna and her family were feeling just as shocked and duped as everyone was once the depth of the very sick, ugly truth was revealed. What they were likely led to believe and what has now been revealed are polar opposites. That's the Duggars for you....always have an angle, always trying to sell it.
I still find it hard to believe that Anna knew about Josh's past before they were married. I also don't believe that her parents knew this and still agreed to let her marry Josh. If I were the Keller's I would live in constant fear for those grandchildren.
I plan to start flooding Fox News with as many comments about the Duggars as possible.
Still think this interview is pointless with JB and Michelle, Josh is the one who needs to be interviewed and told that if his parents would have handled this differently , you might not be facing this now Josh. But as we all know that would have ended the Gravy Train they call the TV career right then. Instead we get to see what kind of lies your family has been hiding all these years. I still cringe when I remember seeing a You Tube video when Josh said his family is the "epitome of holsom Christian family values", yea right.
Would love to be a fly on the wall right now in the Duggar compound? I want to know what they'll do if the show gets canceled. If they're not filming, the kids don't go to college or get jobs, the younger kids barely have any schooling to do this will be interesting.
As an adult man accused of a past crime that happened when he was a juevenile, why wouldn't his parents speak out when most are accusing them of wrongdoing? How many adults accused of a crime, has an entire family affected so badly? They should speak out but I do agree Josh should also. I wouldn't mind Anna chiming in with her views. Even though I have to wonder, if she just found out when she posted that 'I Forgive You' on her web page, a few day prior to this becoming public.
I hope this link hasn't been posted previously...........it's an article written by a woman's who grew up in the ATI cult: http://www.salon.com/2015/05/28/i_couldve_been_a_duggar_wife_i_grew_up_in_the_same_church_and_the_abuse_scandal_doesnt_shock_me/
It's been a long time since I've posted on this blog. Actually, it's been years. This tragedy has prompted me to write again. Let's not mince words, it is tragic for the victims and they have been completely overlooked by JB, M and Joshie. JB and M are not the victims here and neither is Josh. My heart breaks for those girls. I hope they find healing.
I think one of the saddest things is that so many people sensed something was off for years, but the defense was always that it was "Christian persecution" or a non-believer being critical. The responses below some of the articles are absolutely atrocious. Those of us who grew up in abusive environments had our "Spidey Senses" tingling for a long time. Sadly, we were right. I wish we weren't.
There is one thing that genuinely concerns me regarding Josh's proclivities and I could be wayyyyyy off base here.. According to the report, it appears that the oldest daughter wasn't victimized. Is this because she was already starting puberty? If so, then he only went after the pre-pubescent girls? That is a huge red flag for pedophilia. He needs to be evaluated by a real professional, someone with a PhD, PsyD, MD, etc.
Unsurprisingly, JB and M failed their children, again. The girls are treated like chattel. The Gothard cult is wildly destructive to the human spirit. If anything good comes out of this, it will be the demise of that nonsense.
I don't know if anyone has posted this link yet. It tells about how the future generations are shaped by the present, from the IBPL website. Looks like Josh's kids are going to be paying the price for their father's sins of "lust".
http://iblp.org/questions/how-do-sins-my-forefathers-affect-my-life
"Who wouldn't be impressed with such a highly moral family who would be so forthcoming? I'd bet that Anna and her family were feeling just as shocked and duped as everyone was once the depth of the very sick, ugly truth was revealed"
I would like to see how JB would react if a suitor for Jana or Jinger revealed his past of child molestation. Do you think JB would say, oh well it was in the past, and let his daughter marry him. That's not really a rhetorical question - maybe he actually would say, whatever, to that crime. Maybe that whole group just doesnt' think girl molestation is that big a deal. It sure seems that way.
"According to the report, it appears that the oldest daughter wasn't victimized. Is this because she was already starting puberty?"
Maybe she just was old enough to stand up to him and he realized she wasn't an easy target. Hopefully that was the case, what you suggested is of course far worse.
What I would like to see:
1. Phil and his wife Robin, as well as all of the psychological experts that he has connected with his show, fly to Arkansas.
2.) JimBoob & Michelle and/or TLC(as I believe that TLC is complicit in all of this) are required to rent an number of homes to be used for therapy in and around the Tonitown area to be used for therapy.
a.) ONE for Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and JoyAnna for sessions to be held by Robin McGraw (she has a domestic violence foundation) as well as other female counselors who are experts in child molestation. There should be a separate section for the little girls, as all of the older girls are really their mothers. There should be some child life therapists for the little girls to help ascertain if anything has happened to them. The fifth victim needs to be privately identified and offered the same therapy as the other four.
b.) ONE for Anna and her children with appropriate therapists. The therapist needs to know if Anna REALLY knew that Josh was a sex offender. She also needs to know what warning signs to look for in her two little girls (one not born yet).
c.) ONE for JimBoob, Michelle and Josh, presided over by Dr. Phil. Josh also needs to register as a sex offender.
d.) ONE for the older boys still at home and a section for all of the younger
boys, with appropriate therapists, to make sure there has been no issues with them!
Dr. Phil and Robin should meet with the married couples (excluding Josh and Anna). The husbands need to learn how to be supportive for their wives.
ALL of this needs to be hashed out and find out who knew what and when. What if anything occurred in the realm of professional counseling. REAL counseling for Josh, for the girls and for the parents. Have JB & M made SURE that nothing has happened with the younger boys and the little girls. Determine HOW JB & M are keeping their younger girls stay safe with their brothers. Initiate appropriate SEX EDUCATION for every age appropriate child.
ALL of this information should be reported to the Arkansas Department of Child Services. An immediate FINS (family in need of services) case should be opened so that all of the younger girls AND boys remain safe!!!
If, after an appropriate amount of time, the family wants to appear on Dr. Phil and BE OPEN AND HONEST about all of this sick behavior, then they should do that. ONLY if all of the victims agree. If not, that is OK, too. SOMEONE somewhere needs to keep a professional eye on this family. No one is "entitled" to know what happened in the sessions, but I think that a bunch of people would like to know that the girls are healing and OK.
I can dream, can't I?
Hi everyone...
I'm wondering about Grandpa Rurark. I can't remember exactly where, but the report stated that he was living in the home at the time the events took place. Could it be this "family rift" cams about as a result of Grandpa R finding out about Josh's actions?
And when did the elder Duggars move onto the compound? Was this a response to Grandpa R moving?
Or he could have avoided her because she had a twin brother that she was close to and would tell. Predators always pick victims they think won't "tattle".
Why would there be just a three year statute of limitations on sexual abuse of a minor? There should be NO statute of limitation for this heinous crime!
Yes, according to one of the victims Grandpa Rurark lived with the Duggar's. Interesting right? Why Michelle's father, but not her mother? They can't be that estranged from the Rurark family if Grandpa was living with them for a time and where the hell did they have the space for another adult?
No clue. But everything is starting to add up. I'm trying to remember if Josh and Anna were present at Grandpa R's birthday. Remember when they all packed up and headed to his party? Grandpa R looked confused as to why they were even there in the first place. And not happy to see them, either. AWKWAAAARDDDDD.......
Anyway, I don't believe that Grandpa R and Grandma/Grandpa D all lived on the compound at the same time. If memory serves, they said the elder Duggars moved in when Grandpa D got sick. That would've been in the same timeframe that the Josh incidents were taking place. And most likely after Grandpa R moved out.
Grandpa R. lived with the Duggars before Grandpa and Grandma Duggar. Michelle's mother had died many years prior. I agree that Grandpa R. seemed very awkward on that episode where the family went to Ohio to visit Michelle's family.
DM article about church program cancelation of Duggars.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3107401/South-Carolina-church-cancels-upcoming-appearance-Duggar-family-wake-molestation-scandal.html
RE: Bree's comment that she wouldn't mind Anna chiming in with her opinion. Anna has no opinions of her own. She only follows the "Party line." I can't imagine she will ever really address the issue. Although I agree she should, after all she is the mom of 4 children. She will soon have 2 little girls.
Now that the church in South Carolina has cancelled Jim Bob and Michele's appearance scheduled for Aug 2, I can't help but wonder if the three married couples will still be at the Alive Festival in Ohio this month. Just checked and they are still listed as speakers on the schedule.
"Maybe she just was old enough to stand up to him and he realized she wasn't an easy target. Hopefully that was the case, what you suggested is of course far worse."
I suspect that either way, he has serious power and control issues. Whether it is an attraction to young girls or preying on the vulnerable (or both), there is/was a serious mental flaw here. I'm also curious what the literature and professionals have to say regarding the sexual development/dysfunction of those who grow up in such repressive environments, especially with parents who are so outwardly provocative towards one another.
I really just wish they would've gotten professional help for all of the children. It's so sad.
Advertisers Who Shunned Duggars’ ’19 Kids’ Haven’t Pulled Money from TLC
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/19-kids-josh-duggar-tlc-advertisers-1201510425/
Along with civil penalties for child maltreatment, “permitting abuse of a minor” counts as a criminal offense under Arkansas law. The offense is punishable as a felony when a parent “recklessly fails to take action to prevent” the sexual abuse of a minor. The statute provides a defense if the parent “takes immediate steps to end the abuse of the minor, including prompt notification of a medical or law enforcement authority, upon first knowing or having good reason to know that abuse has occurred.”
http://abovethelaw.com/2015/05/josh-duggar-is-not-the-only-one-who-escaped-prosecution (When link opens, scroll down to PERMITTING ABUSE)
It is an interesting read but be forewarned: don't get too excited.
It's so creepy that on 17 kids and counting that josh said he met Anna in 2006 and new that she was the one. His dad said to pray about it and see. Also Janna said that she prayed that josh would find someone to marry.
Josh and Anna have been removed. Their pics are gone but it looks like their website person forgot to check the text. They're supposed to do a Q and A on married life. Jill's an expert you know - one whole year.
Andrea at 5.49 pm:
It was only the father living with them, because the mother had already died.
He moved back to the rest of his children in ... I forget where. But the reason,
why only he lived there is a natural one.. :-)
If I'm counting correctly, the girl they are talking about would be Joy right??
http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/03/jim-bob-michelle-duggar-josh-molestation-cover-up/
Did I read this new report correctly? Jim Bob says Josh came to him crying and confessed????
Noooooooooooo. His victims ratted him out. Then Jim Bob confronted him.
Never ever did Josh go to his Dad and confess on his own.
Jim Bob is lying again in this report and trying to make Josh look better than he is.
This is verified by Josh's recent behavior shown on TV with two of his victims (Jill and Jessa). He taunts and bully's them and says one is a tattletale and the other cannot keep a secret.
Some police report that is coming out now says Josh "confessed" the molestation of his sisters to his father. I bet he confessed, after he got caught. What young man would just go to his father and say "Dad, I have something to tell you, I just touched my sisters". Yeck. Can't even imagine the dynamics going in that home. What a mess.
Yes, Susie, Duggars, TLC, FOX, Huckabee, Gothard and his ilk are all in this together. If we could could follow the money maybe we would have a clearer picture of what this is REALLY all about.
Now I guess the Sheriffs dept is going to be accused with "illegally leaking" another legit FOIA request. I wonder if someone there got mad at the treatment of the Springdale police and let InTouch know they should make a request to the County Sherrif. Maybe someone in the prosecutors office will have the spine to challenge another bogus record destruction order. One can dream.
Oh, Wow. That interview made me sick. JB can't even for one minute talk about what happened to his daughters. My husband showed more emotion about those girls being abused than their own father.
If the police chief who released the report expressed she is sorry and God granted her forgiveness, then should the Duggars let it go?
I did not watch the interview and have no interest in doing so, but I have read excerpts from it. It seems that Jimboob and Mullet were more concerned about protecting Joshie than what their daughters went through. They even had the nerve to make excuses for why he did it. I don't believe for a minute that the girls had to be told what was done to them. I find it even more disturbing that Mullet made the robocalls about transgender people using public bathrooms and how they could prey on girls, when they had a pedophile living under their own roof. It would explain why the girls always had to be on NIKE watch when they were out in public. They probably believe that the boys would jump on a woman if she showed any cleavage, shoulders or thighs. I find it disturbing that Jimboob and Mullet kiss, hug and dry hump out in public while telling their courting that they can't do that yet. I thought Mullet's head would explode when Jill gave Derick a full frontal hug when they met at the airport and she made a point of saying that they would make sure that didn't happen again. For a family that tries to portray themselves as so conservative, they sure do make a lot of sexual innuendos in front of their kids.
RE:Roo Do's comments. I cannot remember if Anna was present at Grandpa Rurark's birthday but I remember that everyone though it was such an odd statement when Josh was front & center (as usual) & stated: "Gradpa has been such an investment in my life." What kind of a statement is that? Most people would say "Grandpa has been a great influence in my life. Just strange, in my opinion. He just had to make a statement even if it made no sense.
did I see knees on one of the girls?
I missed the episode.
Mary
I am sorry mmmonotor..
I never thought I would see this A Duggar girl in a short skirt.. I saw her Knees.. Wow Jim Boob and Mullet must be going crazy
Mary
Hi
did you see one of the girls had a short skirt on?
Mary
Most Cults are focused on sex. When these cults are Outed it always seems non consenting sex often with under age children is at the core. This sick Gothard cult is no different. A excellent example is Jim Bob's continual inappropriate remarks about sex. The insane rules of courtship & engagement. The taunting inappropriate behavior by JB & M in front of the couples. So much emphasis on sex & that no one can have it until marriage definitely Heightens the curiosity. It's not surprising this incest with Josh occurred. It's disgusting & Josh needs to be accountable for his sick actions. I believe the comment Josh made aluding to an apology was just "breeze" telling people that he was remorseful & apologetic was just a smoke screen. Josh is too self absorbed to apologize for any of his actions. Josh has a very high opinion of himself as is evident in the manner in which he communicates. The fact that he once held a very high position within the "hate" group just further inflated his ego. So, in my opinion regarding the moleststion of his sisters & another girl, is not surprising. On every level in life, Josh believes that he's entitled. I feel very sorry for Anna stuck in a marriage with this sicko. Although I don't believe Anna is bright enough to realize the hazards for her female children. This family is a disaster & Josh needs Professional Help & not from the Gothard Cult.
Star magazine attempted to contact the Holt daughter:
http://starmagazine.com/2015/06/03/josh-duggar-was-betrothed-to-marry-before-anna-arkansas-politician-father-covers-up-the-story/
Just watched the interview by Megyn Kelly with Jill & Jessa. Yes, Jill Dillard was wearing a skirt & her knees were visible.
I agree with Bobbie's post from6/5 @ 11:10am
You know it's just unbelievable to think that Josh had this position in DC, big home, new cars, traveling all the time, lecturing, posing with various well known politicians & yet nobody in either Anna's family or the Duggars could mention who he worked for. That speaks volumes to me. I think most of us can without hesitation tell someone who are son works for, this entire cult is being seen or what it is.
Its possible the Duggars are worried about more than themselves (a stretch for them, obviously) but they may also be worried about "the Gothard thing" being under the spotlight and also all the politicians they have supported. I'm sure that is added pressure.
More on why they should have stayed out of the public view:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/06/05/it-is-long-past-time-to-dump-the-duggars/
Seems to me that every time that the "girls" (molested girls) where brought up...Jimboob would quickly switch back to Josh. I hope these girls health do not suffer in the long run, not just their mental health but their physical health as well. As this kind of pain is life long and it can sure take a toll on one. I'm still hoping that TLC dumps them!
It's so sad that Jessa and Jill have no idea that they have been and are still being abused and disrespected by their own parents and indoctrinated belief system. They have no idea how they should be treated, how they should be thinking and what they could have accomplished in their young professional lives; which, by the way, does NOT have to exclude marriage and some children. They have been used since they were tall enough to stand on a chair and stir a hot pot on the stove and change a baby diaper. Their parents are idiots.
Susie, multiple lies were told during the interview to attempt do sanitize the events. 1)Josh confessed to JimBob. The police report using JimBob's narrative and victims statements show a case of JimBob catching Josh coming out of the girl's room at night and investigating; One girl, (readers think Jill) told on Josh; Josh molested a 5 year old sitting on his lap during the day and she ran crying to her parents. 2)It was over the clothing. The police report states that episodes were both over and under clothing. The 5 year old on the lap was under clothing, as was a girl in the pantry whom Josh pulled down the leggings and underwear that were under her dress. After stating in the interview it was always over clothing, Jim
Bob then says it was sometimes under clothing, but only for a few seconds. 3)They were always asleep. The 5 year old on the lap most assuredly wasn't asleep, nor was the girl in the pantry. As for the other events, the girls gave astonishingly detailed descriptions for children sleeping. 4) They didn't know the touching was inappropriate, per Michelle. The interviewer asked one girl if there was anywhere they weren't allowed to be touched. She said from their hands to their feet, everything in between couldn't be touched, except their parents could touch their butts when they spanked them with a rod. In this family that almost everything is off limits, they certainly knew that particular touching was wrong. One girl even told the interviewer she didn't like it, "it felt weird".
I saw pictures of a moving van in Josh & Anna's driveway. I guess that means Anna will be giving birth back in AR. Too bad, as for once she had a decent, educated, professional midwife & was all set to deliver in DC. She will now probably have Jill, Michelle & of course Debbie Querry. It's really a shame, as it seemed she would finally have a normal delivery. It just shows you the terrible ripple effect of Josh's actions, no matter what his age was, now his wife gets to pay with her with her life through another un-skilled delivery.
Apparently Josh Duggar has hired Kate Gosselin's former bodyguard, Steve Neild. Read an article that said Steve was there at the home in MD, on Monday telling reporters to leave. A bodyguard? Please Josh you're not the one that needs a bodyguard your kids do.
Always, I too read that Josh hired a bodyguard. I can see why because he's probably afraid for his safety when he's out in public. As you said it's ironic because his victims could have used a bodyguard too. Fane has it's price too.
I saw where someone on Pickles and Hairspray mentioned something I had posted here. That is great that they are seeing what we have to say.
Someone posted on another site that we are doing exactly waht the Duggars PR machine wants us to do: to get caught up in what the Duggars say and forget the fact that Josh's record was NOT a juvenile record. Josh was born in March 1988 so he was 18 years old when the report was taken in Dec 2006.
Jill lost her certification to be a midwife. Some wonder since Derick is no longer at Walmart if Jill will even be there for Anna's delivery.
Jill never did have midwife certification. She was a trainee. She was quitting because she was getting married about the time her mentor lost her certification.
I hope Anna has lots of pizza for Steve.Lord knows they don't need another pizza fight like the one Kate got into with her bff's and ran them off.Oh,and he doesn't eat macaroni,either.Take note.It appears Kate knew him quite well. :)
I agree that Jill has never had a certification, but I'm sure she will again be front & center at Anna's delivery, since it appears that Josh & Anna are on the way back to AR. She has been at every one of Anna's deliveries, even before she announced that she was going to become a midwife. If memory servers, she was at MacKenzie's birth with her mom. They rushed home from, Big Sandy homeschool conference, when Josh decided they should do a home birth, because DR Sarver was out of town & Anna would have had to have a male Dr. Then after Josie's birth she was going to become a nurse, as she was impressed with all the nurses that cared for Josie. She then decided not to go that route & instead she would become a midwife. She still was at Marcus's birth even though Anna went to her own midwife's home for delivery. I feel confident in saying that Jim Bob,Michelle & Derick all refer to her as a "midwife." She is not a midwife. I wonder what plans Jessa has for the delivery of her baby?
If the Duggars think this is going to go away. they are wrong.
Benny Seward just gave a intervirew. I am stunned
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/05/26/duggar-relative-anyone-would-molest-kids-given-opportunity-and-no-consequences/
Mary
Oh My Kate and Michele what is he thinking
Regarding the article that Mary posted a link to:
What a bunch of sickos! Everytime one of these people opens their mouth and defends Josh, they are opening a can of worms! They are enabling Josh and an entire culture of people and having them believe that it is perfectly natural to think about having sex with children, perfectly natural to have that desire, and okay if you follow through because you will be forgiven. Ben's father saying that it is normal to feel this way makes me question him and sadly Ben too. And what of the rest of the Duggar boys? Is this considered normal "boy" wiring ... "boys will be boys" ...? I don't know about any of you, but I have a feeling that the population as a whole would not consider thoughts or actions on the matter in any way normal or acceptable. It is horrifying and as Ben's dad said, there are laws against such things (for good reason sir!!!). Now he goes on the list of people NEVER to have around your children (Take note Jessa!)
I have a question for Mr. Seewald Sr..did your son, Ben, view his younger sisters in the same manner as Josh Duggar did? For you to say that it's perfectly natural to have those thoughts about younger children AND your siblings? This group of people seem to be quite diseased as a whole, the Gothard, ATI group. They need to open the windows and air out the house...while they are at it, flush the toilet.
Wow, this just gets worse, doesn't it. What really went/goes on in that house. You can't know what even two children are doing all the time let alone NINETEEN, it's like counting fish in a tank or herding cats. This family is finished.
Wow Where is DDS why would the Duggars not let them in? What is happening in that house.. The TLC people must have seen abuse. Its time they spoke up contract or not. I really feel for those children. I am begining to believe there was more than touching reading what Sewrd father said. So now what we have the same problem at the Seward sr house Pluse Benny being raised to believe it.. I hope none of them ever give birth to a female. I guess the state of AK does not care about its children Just as long the parents are good republicians
MAry
Has anyone written to Megyn kelly to see all these new events. I bet none of it will be mentioned on Fox
mary
The Duggars don't live in Alaska. That is AK. Arkansas is AR.
Not so sure that Megyn Kelly got it right in regards to how often child molesters go on to reoffend: http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/res/rcd.html
I wish we could rewind and make sure she had her facts before she did the sloppy interviews with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, Jessa Seewald and Jill Dillard. Good Grief!
Maybe Joshie didn't hire that body guard after all. Since he was Kate's guy (I mean, guard) before, maybe it was the production company that hired him to keep Joshie safe (from any differing opinions). It's the same production company, right?
Ok, Duggar lovers, so Jesus forgave Joshie (according to those who know...how they know, I wouldn't have the faintest idea). It was a crime against the people of Arkansas, and they are the ones who should have pursued punishment against Joshie. And, the Governor at the time, the guy who had the responsibility to see to it that criminals were punished? Mike Huckabee, good buddies with the Duggars. How much did the Governor know? And, when did he know it?
That's fine if Josh was sincerely sorrowful and asked Jesus to forgive him, we all need forgiveness. HOWEVER, there is human justice that needs to be taken into consideration. Li'l Joshie can't just say that he's been forgiven and hope the whole mess will go away, he's committed a crime or crimes that need to be dealt with; plus, his Christian parents tried to keep the whole thing under wraps for the sake of prestige and the almighty dollar.
FIRST VIDEO CLIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--_guUb9g0
at 0:38 you will glimpse Josh Duggar when they were moving and his head was shaved.
at 4:57 Josh's hair is very short like it is trying to grow out....
SECOND VIDEO CLIP from the same show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3isDJQ2nTR8
They are on their way to Big Sandy, all in red shirts, even baby Jackson. Josh is driving one of the vehicles. The Duggar Family Blog states that Jackson was born May 23, 2004. He is still small, in the video, but big enough to walk. Michelle is pregnant with Hannie who was born October 11, 2005. Since this appears to be in the summer (green grass, everyone in short sleeves). Since it was before Hannie was born it would be 2005 when Josh's hair was growing out. The vehicle breaks down and Josh gets out in his red shirt to help. You can see at 4:50 it looks like Josh's hair was growing out.
They arrive at the ATI camp and at 8:13 it states that Josh Duggar is 17 1/2. (So he had his head shaved when he was 17, since it was very obviously still growing out???) I thought he molested the girls when he was 14 and 15? Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar claim Josh was no longer messing with the girls so.....what did he do at age 17 to be punished by having his head shaved?
Could this have anything to do with it?
http://defamer.gawker.com/jim-bobs-punishment-for-masturbators-crazy-duggar-tale-1707675683?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Note: Joy-Anna was born October 28, 1997, according to the Duggar Family blog. Since Michelle was pregnant with Hannie and Joy didn't turn 8 until 17 days after Hannie was born that means Joy was still 7 (almost 8) during this clip. At 6:59 you can see how little Joy was in 2005, so imagine how little she was at age 5 when Josh was "interested in his youngest sister".
Rosalie. That was an excellent post. Absolutely agree with you as we have no idea who it is that has forgiven Josh. Just because Jill & Jessa say they did in my mind it doesn't make it so. We don't know who the other victims are & if they have indeed forgiven Josh by their own volition.
I find the belief that Josh was a 'curious hormonal boy' pitiful. It is highly inappropriate for anyone to approach someone, pull down their leggings, lift their skirt up and "cop a feel' in the laundry room, or ANYWHERE ELSE IN OR OUT OF THE HOUSE. Evidently, Josh did this to one of his sisters. What is wrong with this family and those girls? They (Jill and Jessa) seem to act like there wasn't "much wrong' with it...only a little "wrong"..they need to face reality themselves.
Josh was not hormonally curious.He was an agressive sexual predator,and the fact he moved from nighttime to full on daytime abuse meant he was becoming even more agressive.I don't know if he ever reformed or not; I do find it curious that if such is the case,he won't give an interview,look straight at the camera,and say flat out that he has not done these things since then,nor has he ever molested his own daughter. (Or even groped Anna when she's sleeping). You would think if such is the case,he would be a man and stand up and say so,rather then hide behind his parents and victims.Not cool at all.
the girls have been taught that josh or any male have done nothing wrong. This has been told to them since birth. If someone touches you it yor that did something wrong. JIll and Jessa hhad to come out and defend Josh. Everything is perfect in that house. Remember the girls have been told they are siinful ones they must have done something to temp Josh even if your a infant
MAry
what bothers me is Jim Boob and Mullet had to put locks on the girls doors? WHY I thought he was cured. The put locks on the girls doors to keep him out???
I am not a mother but what happens if one of the girls get sick? and want thier mother for comfort of for another need a hug? They are locked in the room.yeah I know the girls are raising them.. Also I find it ODD that the girls can change boy's diaper and take them into the girls room even in thier beds and not be tempted. We know boys as babies and toddlers sleep with the girls. I guess that is ok . There is nothing to convievce me that Josh is "Cured". I am begining to wonder about other older boys. The parents have no idea what is happening in that family. I love how the camera's was there to show us JimBoob giving out medice to kids with chicken pox he was lost. You know that was girls job but the camera's were there that day and you know the girls who usually gave out them medicine could never be filmed.
Mary
Story being reported today from 2002 when one of the business renters of the Duggar’s property had to take out a restraining order on Jim Bob Duggar. I didn't think it was much of a story: http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jim-bob-duggar-restraining-order/
Decided to see what was on Arkansas Casenet.
Nothing found in Benton County for this bunch. Too bad that Washington County isn't on Casenet: http://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov
An excellent point made if someone OTHER THAN A MALE SIBLING had touched the girls exactly the same way in the same situations as reported, how would the Duggar parents have handled that? Would they have gone for the "jugular", or would they have taken the same repentant route and cut that person the same amount of slack as they have given their own son? That would have been a great question for Megyn to have asked them....but, of course, she didn't.
Legal experts told In Touch Weekly that according to Arkansas Code 5-27-221, JIM BOB AND MICHELLE DUGGAR could have been prosecuted for PERMITTING ABUSE OF A MINOR because they did not report their son's crimes, and if convicted, they would have faced six years in prison. However, by the time the police were notified, the statute of limitations on all crimes surrounding the case had already run out.
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1085536/new-duggars-police-report-proves-jim-bob-and-michelle-should-be-in-jail
I just can't believe that awkward happy father's day video post to Jim Bob from BOTH Josh and Anna..first of all, Anna didn't look well; I'd say it's a combination of a now stressful pregnancy and a forced appearance on that silly video..Not a mention to HER father? Don't they both wish Mr. Kellar a happy day too? I'm so tired of this family taking over the whole situation like that are the only players..what about the children in laws' families? They seem not to exist on the Duggar radar screen..How could Josh mention those "days riding aroung with JB in the tow truck"? We all know why he was riding around with his dad..he couldn't keep his hands off his sisters! Not something I would want to bring up if I were him. Anna isn't earning any real respect from most of us women in the "real world". I'm sure in her insulated cult she is earning brownie points for being the 'suffering Christian stand by your man' wife...but it doesn't earn her anything as an example to her children, does it? She obviously had and has NO life outside of her husband. She has no where to go and doesn't know how to do anything to support herself even in the smallest of ways. I don't think any society that supports that and requires it of their females is a good one...I also don't think the the Lord is any more proud of her for it.
wow Look at Anna she looking at Josh like he will turn into some kind of super hero or angle
Mary
If I see another photo of Anna or Michelle looking up at Josh or Jim Boob like they are God I am going to lose it.
Mary, I'm not sure how long you have followed the Duggar circus. I truly mean no offence by this, but re: your comment about what happens if one of the girls is sick & needs their mother for comfort, or needs a hug. That never happens. The sister-moms take over & do all the comforting. If you watch older episodes, you will see this. Of course, there is always an exception to any rule & in the Duggar house it's :Precious Josie, who Michelle still considers a baby.
I was babysitting my 3 grandkids today so I did a lot of DUggar surfing. One story said the Duggars were worried Josh might commit suicide cuz no one was returning his calls about a job, another said he was being shunned by his family cuz he is being blamed for them possibly losing their income. Now we saw the photos on Michaels birthday at the Duggar house and Joshs father's day video...but maybe their PR firm set that all up.
I posted something last night. I been watching for years what I said was in jwst. Mullwt only hugs babies once they are passed off she is done with them. the girls were forced since infants to know that what a boy, man says is the rule.. They told it was ok what Josh did to them. I believe Josh continued to molest them. He never went crying to his parents he was caught and then one of the girls told on him
Mary
IF, and I do mean if, the show goes off the air, I am going to miss this blog.
Yes I will also miss this blog.
Well, it continues..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3146237/Josh-Duggar-facing-civil-suit-victim-molestation-forcing-family-reveal-scandal-secrets-oath-knew-hid-offenses.html
I'm not surprised the non-family victim is suing.
The funny thng is,if the Duggars lose the lawsuit,they are going to have to pay up,otherwise their reputation of debt free is at stake.To have a judgment outstanding for such a thing would not look good on them,maybe even worse than the tax debt they paid off.
I do hope the victim does not agree to a settlement,and this goes to court,if that's what she wants.I hope her family does not push her to settle
Hi scroll down
lots more also check side about People telling Anna to dump Josh
http://www.inquisitr.com/2237387/josh-duggar-got-caught-watching-porn-at-work-which-politician-was-his-boss/
Mmary
Post a Comment