Free Discussion, July, 2015
Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion
not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories.
If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
557 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 401 – 557 of 557That has always bothered me too. Johanna is the same name as Joy Anna just As Josiah is the same name as Josie just in a feminine form. Remember was when they were going to use the name Jude and they change the name to Jackson?
I have not commented on anything that's been going on and there's so much to say I don't even know where to start. First things first Jim Bob and Josh have both lost their jobs. Now I feel sorry for Anna on this account no health insurance no income no big house And now for children to raise.
1. How hard do you think it was for the public relations advisor to convince the Duggers to not blame the girls for the Molestation?
2. When Michelle was asked about the Transon trans gender people being pedophiles she had no idea what to say their answers when they don't have answers is to start quoting the Bible. So Whenever you start hearing them quoting Bible verses or stories it's because they have no idea what to say at the moment.
3. Re: Jessa's insecurities she's very use to being the most beautiful in the Got hard Cult. I commented in the past when they went to the bridal shop and the beautiful girl working there just saw all of the sudden went silent and awkward and Jenny could not take her eyes off of this young woman who was a beautiful attractive young woman. I noticed on the Kelly interview that when Kelly why walked into the house beautiful and made up and they walk over to the table notice that Jessa clearly walks to Ben who is sitting at the table eating and she put his arms around me it just looked insecure. Jessa has some vanity issues.
4. I don't even know what to think about Derek and Jill fleeing the country. It is strange having a new baby they just furnished it gigantic house the dental work all of it is just bizarre. But the true colors came out when they ask people for money. They have these magazine cover money where's that money at? And it also tells me that Jim Bob did not give Jill or Derek some kind of Dowery at marriage and Jills part of making their television show a success .
5. But John David is making campaign contributions is that because he is working and has no expenses or is it because his dad does give him a portion of the television show proceeds why have we not heard anything about the $45,000 per episode and how the money is divided amongst The parents and the adult children you have worked on the show and doing the show was work
It makes my stomach lurch to think of Josh changing newborn girl diapers. But Anna did say that she takes care of the "north end"and Josh takes care of the "south end".
RE: Tori's comments about the kids name sounding the same. The ones I never understood were JoyAnna & Johannah.It's almost as if Michele just said oh whatever starts with a "J". Of course how many times did we see big family meetings following bible time, where they were all submitting their choice of names? It always surprised me that Jim Bob was always suggested "Julie," which I love & never once did they use it. Choosing instead Josie, which is the female of Josiah. The reason they choose Jackson instead of Jude is because they heard of someone who used the name Jackson & the liked it better than Jude.
RE: Wampascats' comments worrying about Josh changing the baby girl's diaper. I think you can put out those thoughts to rest. Any man who cares so little about the health & welfare of his wife & child, during the labor & delivery process, that he will go & take a nap for himself because the labor has worn him out, is really not gong to get up & change diapers. Do you think for one minute that Jim BOB ever changed diapers? Clearly he didn't know what to do other than to hand Josie off to an older sister when he was presented with that problem.
Anna can follow the same repetitious naming pattern as Michelle if she wants to continue being her clone: there's Meredith, Mary and Mary followed by anything, Merrilyn, Marilee, Merridee, Marion, Marisol, Marionette, and Marigold, to name a few. Have fun. Meredith was a poor choice right now because of its association with the Today show and suggestion of wanting to keep the national publicity connection going. If they loved the name, they could have at least waited through a couple more daughters before using Meredith and gone with the obvious and biblical Mary, or something like Megan, Maeve, Molly, Madeleine, Misty, Maggie, Moira, Madison, Monica.... That list goes on, too. If Josh and Anna needed a letter for a zillion kids, M was a good choice. Maybe they should have chosen X. Might have slowed down the birth intervals while they searched for names.
It was to be Judah Benjamin,according to "14 kids and pregnant again".
No TLC wedding for Cousin Amy.
http://www.inquisitr.com/2273941/no-more-duggar-weddings-tlc-refuses-to-air-amy-duggars-upcoming-nuptials/
(Sandi said "It was to be Judah Benjamin,according to "14 kids and pregnant again".)
Sandi, I thought Jackson's name was originally going to be Jonah, not Judah. You're probably right, though, as it's been such a long time.
(Just Me said "The ones I never understood were JoyAnna & Johannah.It's almost as if Michele just said oh whatever starts with a "J". Of course how many times did we see big family meetings following bible time, where they were all submitting their choice of names? It always surprised me that Jim Bob was always suggested "Julie," which I love & never once did they use it. Choosing instead Josie, which is the female of Josiah.")
Just Me, I knew I was forgetting something - you're right, JoyAnna and Johannah are so similar. Michele's choices were sometimes so odd.
I agree with you in liking the name Julie Grace; I remember that JB really liked the name, and that's when they were expecting Jordyn. I found it strange that Michele didn't use the name when little Josie came along.
Of course, this isn't all that's odd with the family.
I liked the show in the beginning; it was rather fascinating to see how such a big family does things. I kept watching because I wanted to see what paths the children would take. I never expected the bad news about Josh; that one really shocked me. Now all the special rules make sense; they were leery after that experience, and I think they handled it terribly. Josh definitely should have been sent to a real rehab program instead of the sham remodeling "camp" where he spent time. Ridiculous.
Re the Duggars & "Bible time". I never watched any Duggar discussing the Bible. They discussed other issues unrelated to the Bible. I think the pseudo "Bible time" was just a ruse for the TLC cameras. After all Jim Bib must out in an act of "Christianity" vs " Cult" before the cameras. It's interesting that throughout the many years the Duggars were on TV, there was never any mention of Bill Gothard by Jim Bob. Instead, JB & M just danced around the subject of Gothsrd via ATI homeschooling, the Alert academy & that hideous camp Anna & one of her sisters were sent. Never does JB mention the Institute of Basic Life Principles founded by that Creep Gothard. I went on line & read about these ridiculous principles which yet again, objectify, minimize, exploit & disrespect women & for that matter children. Within the sicko Gothard Cult it is 109% & definitely a mans world. I still can't understand why any woman would want to be involved in this depraved Cult. Are these Gothardite women so brainwashed they can't think for themselves? Why do these women want to or believe continuous oregnancy is a healthy choice? Is there any hope for Jana, Joyanna & the remaining Duggar children?
Meant to include Jinger with my last post in the hope that one day she wakes up & gets the heck out of the Duggar compound.
I don't know much about you tube. This seems to be the venue JimBoob is using to garner attention for himself.
If they post on you tube and a lot of people click on to see it and google advertises on it, do they get any money for that?
Just a thought. JimBob will never be away from the computer if that is the case
Youtube encompasses many videos of people who are not on or have been on a reality program doubt these people receive a gratuity because they have posted a video to youtube. I don't believe Jim Bob received money posting videos to youtube & certainly hope that he isn't receiving money. Jim Bib will do anything short of selling his family to remain on TV & we know the name of that ploy it's the worlds oldest profession. That's not a compliment. Clearly Jim Bob is behaving in desperation mode, he is not in control of network TV & he's behaving badly as usual. I am waiting to learn that Jim Bob will soon be throwing tantrums this guy has never grown up & it speaks loudly.
Oh that's to bad no TLC wedding for Amy Duggar. Pay for it yourself my dear. Why would Amy and Dillon think their wedding would even be featured on the show? TLC barely caught a glimpse of Amy or her Mom and Dad at Jill and Jessa's disaster weddings. The nerve of her fiancé posting an apology on Instagram because fans won't get to see the wedding, how ridiculous. His post was hard to read, Dillon, it looks like you'll fit in just fine with the Duggars. He's also asking everyone to complain to TLC about the cancellation of the show. Maybe he'll change his mind about Amy now that she won't be on TV anymore. The audacity of Jim Bob and the whole family gets a little more unbelievable every day.
Yes,it was to be Judah Benjamin.Look on youtube at the "14 children and pregnant again" vids.It was around the time they went to the ultrasound that they stated the name.
The Duggars can only make money on youtube if they monetize their vids.I haven't seen any lately so I've no idea if they do or not.But it is not a lot of money,I don't think,even with a lot of views..Certainly not anything close to what they were making from tlc,imo.
If a vid has ads on it,then it's monetized.Ads don't have to be outright,though;I think they can also be in the form of links that pop up.Someone else may know more
Oh Amy Duggar 19 kids was never about you. Does anyone knowcif Amy's singing (she's just average at best) took off in Nashville? I don't believe Amy has received any awards for singing. Amy's ability to sing, frankly I'd rather listen to grass growing.
Suggestion.. Hey Amy change your first name to Jamie then you will truly become a Duggar. Should fit right into the world of pretend land.
It appears Dillon is just as dumb & clueless as the entire Duggar clan. Not surprised.
RE:Chole's comments about Jim Bob. Yes he must be throwing quite a tantrum as he's the one that said their show was the most popular show on reality TV!
I don't believe they get any money for anything posted on yutube. However if you don't want to undo all the good that so many people on this blog have done, I would advise that nobody watch Jim Bob's videos. It will only make some idiot at TLC think people really do want to see everything that's going on in the Duggar home. That's why Jim Bob is posting all these videos. He think everyone wants to know what he gave Michelle for an anniversary gift, the announcement of Josh & Anna's baby, after they had announced it themselves. I'm sure it will also have a lot about Josiah & his courting as there isn't much else.
Incredulous: How could you leave the name :Michelle out of the line up??
I keep reading all these references to Meredith from the Today Show. Am I wrong,as it seems that was a long time ago & I'm sure Meridith is not on the Today Show anymore. She has a show in the afternoon, but I am not sure if it has been renewed for the fall?
Dillion's instagram rant towards TLC has now disappeared. Interesting!
Mandy said
I keep reading all these references to Meredith from the Today Show. Am I wrong,as it seems that was a long time ago & I'm sure Meridith is not on the Today Show anymore.
For what it's worth,
"Josh and Anna Duggar Share the Reason for Naming New Baby Meredith Grace" http://www.christianitydaily.com/articles/5079/20150723/josh-anna-duggar-shares-reason-naming-new-baby-meredith-grace.htm
Even if they didn't specifically name the baby after Meredith Viera, at the very least it had to factor into their decision. The conversations in the article couldn't have been completely forgotten, especially when Michelle and Josh bragged many times about their wonderful relationship with the Today Show. This is the first time Josh doesn't get to be on the Today show as a new father of four and this is a sneaky way of hobnobbing with the "rich and famous." Just one more piece of evidence that the Duggars are shallow. Sigh. Like father, like son. I have some high profile clients and they go to great lengths to keep their children out of the public eye. That's normal. Duggars are not normal.
Just Me said... Incredulous: How could you leave the name :Michelle out of the line up??
I didn't think Josh and Anna could keep two Michelle's straight so I deliberately left that one off the list.
So Amy and her fiance are upset because their wedding won't be televised. Oh please. If you want fans to see it you can record it and place the video on her webpage. They are upset because TLC won't foot the bill. Talk about entitlement issues. These people cannot accept the TLC gravy train is gone.
Honestly the VERY first thing I thought of when the baby's name was Meredith was Meredith V and the Today Show episode when they learned the first kid was a girl. I SUPPOSE it could be a coincidence, but I would bet money I don't have that it wasn't. I'm sure they like the name too but it's at least a slight nod to "noteriety" maybe. I don't know. They aren't good at coming up with names, people are right about that - but let's think WHY. A secular book of baby names (one of the fun thigns about being pregnant) is not on their radar, neither is that type of "googling" - so no wonder they sort of pick names they either make up (Jinger) or hear others use (both Mackenzie and Marcus) or are biblical or family (John, Jedidiah etc). What else is there? Not much.
I just had to watch the 31st anniversary ring video. A couple of thoughts. 1.) Poor Anna if you look at the short clip where you see her and Josh, she was shifting her position and looks so uncomfortable. 2.) Sad that some of the kids tried to get closer to see the ring and their mom open it and JB pushed them out of the way of the camera. 3.) I actually had to watch this part several times but toward the end Michelle is all excited that JB designed it himself etc., and she simply called him Jim in the excitement. I really wonder if the JB is just for the cameras etc. And finally why, why, why do they feel the need to now share everything on YouTube except to feed their egos.
Incredulous, just out of curiosity, I checked the site you listed re:why they named the baby Meredith Grace at least several times & it comes up as no information. I checked every, slash, dot, number spelling, etc. but still didn't find the answer. Can you give me a brief answer?
RE: Virginia's comments about why the Duggars feel the need to share everything on YouTube. You have answered your own question Virginia. It's exactly because they need to feed their own egos. This is why I won't watch their videos. Jim Bob is just desperate to show the big wigs at TLC that people still want to see every single thing that the Duggars do, each & every thing that happens to them each hour of each day. This is exactly the reason I offered my advice about not supporting them by watching their videos. After all, it was Jim Bob that said their show was the most popular show on reality TV. He's trying his best with his home made videos to prove to TLC that he was right, because after all, he is Jim Bob & that means he is always right! It took so long to convince TLC that the Duggars needed to go, that it's a shame if he is making even a little progress with his futile attempts.
I finally saw an article stating that Josh & Anna did indeed name their baby after Meredith Vieira. You have to wonder just how thrilled Meredith Vieira is to have a an accused child molester naming his child after her. Wonder if she'll send a gift?
I am absolutely positive that this was another home birth for Anna. It was said that she & the baby were resting following the birth. The pictures certainly seems to show that they are in someone's home & it doesn't look like the midwife' home. I found it strange that after the 3 big babies she has given birth to, this one was small for being so late. All the other were early
Mandy: It's from a website named ChristianToday.com under the Entertainment section. Josh and Anna may not have "revealed" this today; nevertheless, the dialogue quoted is accurate which is why I believe the odds are strong that this factored heavily into their decision to go with the name.
The article says:
"Josh and Anna Duggar reveal why they named their newborn Meredith Grace"
"All of Josh and Anna Duggar's kids have names that start with the letter "M," and their newest daughter Meredith Grace is no exception. In fact, the couple's fourth child has been named after a television personality—NBC Today's Meredith Viera.
"Did your see our post announcing the birth of Meredith Grace Duggar? She's here, and she's beautiful," the family said in the Duggar Family Blog.
Josh and Anna also revealed that one month before their first child Mackynzie was born, Viera requested them to name their first child after her. "Obviously I would love that," said Vieira. "It would make me a very happy person."
But during that time, Josh and Anna really had their hearts set on naming their daughter Mackynzie, so they told Viera that they might just use the name Meredith for their future daughter. "There is hope for 'Meredith' still," Josh said in an interview.
But their next two kids were boys, and Josh and Anna named them Michael and Marcus. For baby number four and Duggar grandbaby number five, they finally granted Viera's wish and gave the baby her namesake."
Just read online that the Duggars will be paid for their appearance on the TLC documentary about sexual abuse & molestation. A normal family, either would not participate, or if they did participate & that's a big "IF," would at the very least give the money to charity.
I've been able to hold it together ever since this scandal came to light but now finally, I am going to be sick, really, really sick!
Saw the ring given to Michelle by Jim Bob. The design appears cheap & gawdy. Perhaps JB bought used & saved the difference?
I saw that the Dugars will be paid for their part in the TLC documentary on sex abuse & molestation. Wasn't it only a month ago that they were complaining about the press being intrusive & abusive? I'm begging people not to watch this documentary, & give them ratings that will most surely get them back on the air on a weekly show.
Just Me......I usually don't watch the videos for that very reason, but I HAD to see that ring. I mean, what would a ring with 19 stones look like? It is pretty big. Michelle even commented "that's one big ring". I do see your point about not giving them more views and definitely will not be watching more. I do think that people are really starting to see the "true" reason that The Duggars have done TV though and it has NOTHING to do with ministry and EVERYTHING to do with JB AND Michelle's ego's. They quit making those kids a priority the minute they became TV stars. I know people who look up to them because they make having a large family look so easy and so much fun, when in reality most of the Quiverfull people live in poverty. I have friend whose daughter is pregnant with her 7th child and just turned 30. The dad hasn't held a steady job until the past year and they receive a lot of assistance from the state and from family. I feel for the kids because they are all crammed into a very small house. The oldest isn't even 10 yet and I see him taking on so much responsibility. The mom has commented several times about the Duggars and how she wants to attend one of the ATI homeschooling conferences next year so that she can hear them speak.
Lindsay, great point. Thanks for this smart advice. I WILL BOYCOT the Duggar Dumb documentary. I hope every poster at this blog will follow Lindsay's sound advice. Thank you.
OMG The dumb Duggars will be paid for their participation in this upcoming documentary. This is depraved. I REFUSE to watch mullet & hairspray spin their same old & boring rhetoric.
Jim Bob believes his family is his charity. Why does TLC cater to a man who is so incredibly Stupid?
My question of the day is a little different. WHEN have we seen Michelle, or especially, Jim Bob, do hardly anything physical? Since resting on his real estate and TV laurels, I don't think Jim Bob even picks up a hammer. He has too many workers (his children) to do it for him. Not healthy JB.
TLC didn't need the "Duggar input" on their documentary about sexual abuse.Why are they including it? This family has already had their say on the subject, which insults the victims of this terrible thing, IMO.
TLC should have stayed miles away from this family's input on this matter and address the family from a real professional's view about how they handled it; good, bad or otherwise. Use them as an example of what or what NOT to do. The Duggars do NOT want to go quietly as they have stated.
Yes, I, too, remember Michelle's letter to Jubilee about how she would from now on say that she has 20 children...19 on earth and one on heaven..(oh, what about J'Caleb? Wasn't that one counted for anything?) She and Jim Bob have conveniently forgotten about their past performances, haven't they?
I have always loved the Bates much better than the Duggar robots. I watched their latest episode last night and had a few thoughts and pleasant surprise
1. GIL and Kelly both have college degrees and encourage their kids in education . Kelly is much more involved in teaching her kids and individualI zing lessons for each child and how they learn. Such a difference from Michelle
2. They encouraged Tori to go to college because she had an interest, and Tori is excelling in school. I loved seeing Tori have fun and talk with friends her own age and her parents trust her alone at school. Wish that Jing er and Jana could pursue college degrees, I couled see Jinger in a music program and Jana as well
3. The Bates seem more real and more in touch with reality than the Duggar robot children who most of the time seem really uneducated and immature, and Gil and Kelly are not as disgusting as Jim and Mullet.
I really hope that the Duggars do not crash Michaels wedding. I know Michael and Jana are best friends and Jana is a bridesmaid but really only Joy who is best buds with Carlin and Jana should go, maybe Jinger. I can just forsee the duggar parents finding the cameras and making it all about them out of jealousy.
I think the only physical activity we've seen from Michelle is working out on the elliptical machine while pregnant with Jubilee. I'm expecting baby #2 (after a miscarriage) but I can't fathom a fully-functioning mom with that many kids who would have time for daily workouts. Physical activity from JB is bringing his band of free labour over to the house where professionals are working so they can watch and eventually get in the way while JB talks to the camera crew about what great workers his kids are.
Can someone pleas give me an accurate email address for TLC. I have been trying to send an email re:the Duggars being involved in the documentary about sex abuse & molestation. So far the only address I have is:corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer relations/ This is apparently incorrect as it keeps coming back to me. Thanks for any help.
I agree Mama in NC. The Bateses are much more likable and in touch with reality. I still don't agree with them on everything, but they seem more sincere. Gil never makes inappropriate comments in public, and Kelly is involved with her children, and she has reasonable hair. LOL
I also think the Duggars need to stay away from the wedding. Jinger and Joy could probably go without any problem, but the rest need to stay away.
Michelle's giant ring is the MOTHER-OF-ALL-RINGS. How ugly and gaudy .She hardly even pretended to like it. She didn't even put it on her finger! Jim Bob is most likely copying Ben for the custom designed wedding ring he gave Jessa which was kind of classy, actually. Does Jim Bob do any real work or does he just hang around the house and bug Michelle? All of those boys, except John David, seem bored and restless, hanging out at home with dirty bare feet waiting for Daddy to take them to the next amusement park, concert, or road trip.
I don't understand how Michelle counts these kids. But after the Jubilee miscarriage, she did insist she had 18 here & 2 in heaven. Caleb was the first one in heaven & then Jubilee. I don't understand this as she actually has 10 boys here: Josh, John, Joseph, Josiah Jedidiah, Jeremiah, James, Jason, Justin, Jackson. Then there are 9 girls here: Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger Joyanna,Johannah,Jennifer,Jordyn & Josie. I don't understand how she counts these kids, as she has 10 boys here, & 9 girls.That's nineteen Michelle. Caleb is one of babies in heaven, & when Jubilee was miscarried she wanted a girl even thought they couldn't tell the gender. So she actually has 10 boys, here & one in heaven & 9 girls here & one in heaven. It still doesn't add up to 20 kids...19 here & 2 in heaven. So she has 19 here & 2 in heaven. She just doesn't know it. Also I should just mention that we never heard the name Caleb, until after the Jubilee miscarriage.
Mama in NC.. I too watched the Bates program last night. I know this family are Gothardites but the Bates kids seem happy. The parents respect education & encourage their children to pursue college & a career.Unlike the Bates. The Duggar home is a comete TOXIC environment for the Duggar kids particularly the older Duggar daughters. This horrid situation is a mess waiting to explode. One day one of the Duggar kids will wake up & realize a good percentage of his/her life has been a prison atmosphere. To me with regard to extreme isolation of the Duggar kids that alone is a Crime. I hope state of Arkansas continues to investigate the Duggars. It would be a smart plan if JB & M did some jail time.
Grow up Amy Duggar grow up!
The Bates don't seem to depend on their kids for as much household work as the Duggars do either,IMO.The D's don't seem to want to let Jana go,as she is the oldest and seems to lead the rest,as well as does the cooking and looking after her buddy group,which is down to 3 girls leading the rest now.Letting even one of them go would mean JB and M might have to actually do some work,which I don't think is going to happen anytime soon.They run their home like a business,whereas their offspring are the workers and all JB and M do is supervise.The Bates seem to step up to plate when one of their leaves.JMO
I believe because Gil & Kelly Bates are educated & promote education as Kelly said "never stop learning" long ago, Jim Bob & Michelle stopped learning. It's crystal clear that JB & M sorely lack education throughout their lives, it is evident in the manner in which homeschooling is conducted, the manner in which the Duggar children are so limited socially, the fact the Duggar women can't go anywhere even to the grocery without a chaperone. It's evident in the way JB constantly is obsessed with sexual innuendo. It is evident in the way Jim Bob is obsessed with absolute control. Educated people have an innate desire to always learn. This is not the case with the Duggar family & it definitely shows especially with the older Duggar girls. Jim Bob & Michelle are abusing their children through isolation, very limited education, lack of trust & so many other issues. Last night, I saw the Bates kids exhibit a mood of happiness, respect for parents & ciontentment. I've never seen those characteristics within the Duggar home, Never because the Duggars are all about Jim Bob & Michelle. I am convinced that Jim Bib exhibits an addictive personality requiring constant attention mregardless of the manner in which he garners this attention. I believe this guy could one day become dangerous & it's frightening. Please lets work together to prevent the Duggars from returning to TV. Thanks.
Okay so now that the adult daughters are getting married and moving away, Jim Bob and Michelle are finally turning their attention to the forgotten three - the three girls born just before Josie. Two photo ops have come out recently with the four girls with either Michelle or Jim Bob. Jim Bob appears to have taken the four youngest girls and Jackson to some sort of wildlife attractions and another photo of Michelle and the four youngest girls was posted on their instagram page. WOW . . . I love the name, the forgotten three. But come to think of it, aren't all the children sort of an afterthought, except Josh, Jill and Jessa. Those three are definitely not forgotten as Jim Bob has made a boatload off of their engagements, marriages and baby births. Dear Duggars, please go away. Dear Jinger and Jessa, save yourselves while there is still time. You can go to college and find careers - I promise! XOXO Your friend Andrea
Marties H. No offence meant here but your error with regard to Michelle, was referring to her as a, "fully-functioning mom." Nothing could be further from the truth. Did you ever see her cook? Well those of us who have seen episodes where she is shown cooking, it is always the same thing.. she is in the kitchen, cooking one egg. Now I don't know how far that would go in your home, but I know in my home it would barely feed one person. I've never seen her cook a meal, even when they have had company . It is always Jana that handles that. She doesn't pack for trips, as she has designated packers for those jobs. As far as homeschooling & child care well do I need to continue down that road I think we've seen the results of the time & energy she puts into that.I am so sorry that you have suffered a miscarriage. However, if in the future you desire a family of 19 kids you can definitely handle it. Just give Michelle a call & ask her how she plans out her day. We know she has the laundry covered by grandma Mary. So you see you could definitely handle at least 19 kids, if you wish. Of course if your hubby was around 24/7 that could be difficult, as his wants & needs must always come first. It doesn't matter if you are up all night with sick children or sick yourself, you are the only one that can full-fill his physical needs. As Michelle says, anyone can make his lunch, but when he needs you for his physical needs, you must be there for him no matter what. You get my drift, I'm sure. So just think of a big happy family of 19 kids, with all the daily work & activities & a horney husband who will throw you down on the floor in front of all 19 kids, & try to think of when you can fit in some time on the elliptical? You can do it, after all Michelle does!
RE: Virginia's comments about her friends daughter who has 7 kids under 10, a hubby that doesn't work steadily, provided for by the state & family members. This young mother wants to go to the homeschool conference just to hear Jim Bob & Michelle speak.You see this is the real danger of showing families like the Duggars & the Bateses. Gill Bates has admitted that he often needs financial help from one of his son's. What happens if this young man goes off & get married? He then has a family of his own to provide for. The Duggars were living off donations of clothing & "love oferings" & law suits until TLC came along. Now we have this young woman, that Virginia talks about, that will apparently keep having babies, as she's following Michelle & other fundie types & that's the way they live, with no thoughts as to how to feed, clothe or educate them. I can't believe these family will be able to afford the books etc. from the ATI conferences. Let alone the cost to travel to the homeschool conference. I love my children & my husband & I raised them to the best of our ability. I am sure most parents try their best,as we did. They had a nice home, not a mansion, were feed a good diet, medical ,dental care, vacations that we could afford. We have all ready put them through college & could never & would never support them in that fundie/cult lifestyle. Maybe I'm selfish but we will need to think of how we are going to live when we only have, a pension, Social Security & a part-time job & we're in our seventies. We just can't throw what savings we have away, so one of our kids can follow a cult, like the Duggars. It's wrong on so many levels to show these big happy families with no money problems, able to travel all over the word, needing or wanting for nothing, because someone else is picking up the tab.
A little info about SOS Ministries
http://windsongphotoblog.com/2014/09/16/gods-work-in-el-salvador-part-1/
I saw this morning that Megyn Kelly had another segment, or whatever, about the Duggars again last night - still on their side, apparently, from what I can gather. I am so sick to my stomach. So glad I didn't watch it. All I can say is, Mike Huckabee sure has a lot of power at Fox. I understand Fox is on the side of Christians, cuz that's best way to be "against" liberals. However, when they go so far as to take the side of a child molester, TWICE, I think they are defeating their purpose. I used to watch Fox and M. Kelly a lot, but not ONCE since the first interviews. They are just as phony as everyone else. That Fair and Balanced and We Report You Decide is a CROCK. Why do they care so much about the Duggars? Don't they have bigger fish to fry???
Actually,do a little research;Fox news is owned by the Saudi's...yes,the Muslims.But like everything else on tv,it's all about $$$,so they swing that way,most of the time.It's competition for CNN.
I don't think the Duggars nor Huckabee have all that much political clout.Look at what Sen. Ted Kennedy got away with (murder,literally) and he still came out on top,smelling like a rose.And ppl were still singing his praises,years later.Yet this is taking the D's down.The Kennedy's and their ilk had power...the D's and Huckabee do not.JMO
Sandi -Thanks for that info. Great to know. I thought Fox was owned by Rupert Murdoch. I bet there is just ALL kinds of stuff we don't find out. Most of us have such busy lives, it is hard to find the time for research. I went down the road of researching Gothard and "friends" awhile back and it was so time-consuming and upsetting, I had to just stop cold turkey. It gave me so many headaches!!! LOL.
Don't the young families think it is taking up way too much of their time and money to be in that "group" (cult)??
Quick research shows Murdoch began Fox news and that it is now owned by 21st Century Fox which is listed as a US firm.
OH, gee, I missed the Megyn "Fox" follow up report on the Duggars..does anyone know when it will be repeated? I was out all day today, (Saturday) and I think I missed it today too...
Also, fellow posters, has anyone read the article about one of the Duggar properties in foreclosure? How can that be if they have no debt and buy everything cash? Is it for back taxes, like Joshie's was? Thanks, as always, for all your help and info sharing.
If you look up Al-Waleed bin Talal on Wiki,you will see that he is the the second-largest voting shareholder in 21st Century Fox.So the Saudi's have their hand in it
Hi
did you see the people online How the Duggars told them they have to be on tv. Pure sickeming but almost all posts want them off TV
Mary
Sandi,I agree with you about the Duggars & Huckabee not having the clout the Kennedy's had. But that was a different era & with social media etc. I don't think the Kennedys would have remained unscathed for so many years.
R:living in Indy's comments. Guess you must have missed all those episodes where Michelle, when talking to the camera, but not her children, has said "I tell my children they can learn anything they set their minds to. They can learn all their lives. Whether it's from travel or just everyday living." Now of course we have never actually seen her tell this to the children, so there may be a disconnect there. Personally, I don't think even one Duggar learned anything, on all the trips they have taken around the world. The little kids were way too young to go on those trips. It's one thing to take little kids if you are planning on remaining in another country for a long period of time, as they would at least pick up another language. I have a friend that is teaching English in Spain & her 4 yr. old is fluent in both languages. Of course come to think of it the Duggars are not even fluent in English. Except for Jackson, whose brilliant statement about the countries they visited was:"The people there talk differently because God made them that way."
Re:sandi's commennt about the Duggars not wanting to let Jana go. I know many bloggers are much younger than I am, so don't know if they are familiar with how it used to be, at least in my memory. There was always an old maid "aunt," who often times was a teacher, they could not stay on in a teaching position if they married. So they lived at home & became the caretakers for their parents. They lived with them, did all the house work etc. No need for a nursing home or assisted living they had their, Jana. It was sort of the old folks, "IRA" back in the day. Didn't have to worry about anything as Jana had her pension from teaching & was usually still able to completely care for the parents. Nobody ever worried or cared about what was going to happen to Jana when she became too elderly to care for herself. Fortunately at that point in time, assisted living & nursing homes had come into being. Now if needed, she could turn her pension over to the nursing home. So guess where Jana ended up?
Jana Duggar is in my opinion the most beautiful of all the Duggar girls. Too many qualities to even list here. I'd love to have her as a daughter-in-law, if the whole Duggar circus didn't come along with her. But in my minds eye, I see her as the "old maid aunt" that was always there to care for everyone in the family & nobody cared a bit what happened to her. Just take care of the folks so we won't have to. I should add that almost all of these "old maids" were just as lovely as Jana. In Jana's case she isn't going to be retiring from a job, but that won't matter as the Duggars have squirreled away enough to dole out a few dollars, just for the household expenses, but nothing for Jana. Guess she just drew the short end of the straw. Oh I should mention after the folks that she has lovingly cared for are gone, the estate will then be divided among all the other family members & nobody will even say, "where's Jana?" If they do someone else will say,"whose Jana?"
So if something happened to JimBob, would Michelle start living a more normal life, get rid of the mullet hairdo, mow the lawn again in her bikini like the rest of us heathens or would Joshie "the curious boy" aka/molester become the authority over his mother?
Just emailed TLC@mail.discovery.com earlier a fellow poster asked for a correct email address to contact TLC. This email is valid. No problems sending.
Re Lisanne's comments: I definitely would not call MOTY Duggar a fully-functioning mother. I was talking about in a normal household, if a woman had to care for all of her own 19 children as well as maintain her wifely duties, there wouldn't be much "free time" for workouts and the supposed daily calls with her BFF. I hope Jana goes to Michael Bates' wedding and gets matched up with a sweet, good-looking, godly young man who will cherish her for the treasure she is.
Always, I recall a few episodes where Michelle made those comments about her children but took it with a grain of salt as I have with regard to the majority of Michelle's nonsensical comments. Michelle as is Jim Bob are not authentic people & will never be accountable for their actions.
Thanks go out t Bobbi for the correct address for TLC. I was finally able to get an email through to them. Don't know how much good it will do but I won't stop trying.
Katie's mom,good thoughts,I think you are right.I was just thinking it might be one of the younger girls,esp. Josie,that would be the one to stay behind and not marry,esp. if Josie can't have kids.She is said to have some floating organs,so idk if that wold affect her or not.I know my aunt,who was a preemie,could not have kids,from complications of being born too early,of course that was many years ago.If they let Jana go at all,I can't see it being until Hannie comes of age, so they will have no less than 3 girls to run the household.
Hi I was in a hury to go to bed last night I did not finish it. People <onlinie muat havw a love fest with this family. I do not understand what they like about this family. Go read People magazine they telling the public that GOD wants them on tv. But all the people who respond are slamming them. It makes me happy not just us. Some of these people really hitting them hard. I go find the link
Mary
i
Hi
I found this link...
I think the people link is in this i Go find it anywhay.
Mary
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/07/24/dumped-tlc-duggars-desperate-cash-tv.html
Hi
here it is.....
http://www.celebitchy.com/438650/people_the_duggars_want_to_return_to_tv_because_it_was_part_of_gods_plan/
Mary
Hi
Doies this mean JimBoob will have to get a job? What will Mullet do. How will Jimboop be able to work away from Mullett. Mullet what would you do.... You can get a job also.. I guess debt free not going to work. They have to shopped in 2nd hand stores.. All those tblets they all hahve all those phones..
Mary
Markets H.. It would be great if Jana could find someone at Michaella's wedding. However if jerks Jim Bob & Michelle attend the wedding, the same old isolated rules of Jana will apply. Wouldn't be great while in Tennessee attending the wedding, Jana could escape or someone from the wedding could take Jana under their wing & finally Jana could be Free! In the past, I have wept for Jana & her Duggar prison circumstances. No adult 25 or 26 year old should have to be parented. Then I realize women within the pathetic & sicko Gothard Cult are required to remain at the home of their parents until marriage. It's just so frustrating to see a beautiful young woman so talented & with so much potential be remanded to basically duties of a maid, cook & babysitter, duties of which saint Michelle should be doing. This makes despise JB & M even more so.
I found this link...I think the people link is in this i Go find it anywhay.
Mary
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/07/24/dumped-tlc-duggars-desperate-cash-tv.html
Oh my gosh Mary that article made my day!! The comments are so hilarious, that was sure great reading :)
http://aswwu.com/collegian/voluntourism-more-harm-than-good/
Voluntourism: More Harm than Good
The article is long so here are some good points:
The “mission trip model“ has been praised for the individuals willing to
sacrifice their time and money for impoverished communities, doing
as Christ would. However, without knowledge of language, local culture, societal nuances, and the economical framework of the community, this type of “voluntourism” is sometimes wasteful at best, and possibly destructive to the community at worst.
The development industry, which previously consisted of agencies and
governments giving and spending aid, is now joined by masses of
enthusiastic college-aged hopefuls, wishing to change the world while
knowing little to nothing about the complexities of the country. In 2010,$211.77 billion was spent on international volunteering, creating an industry devoted to the volunteer’s personal experience.
By sending out untrained volunteers, we are essentially saying that development work is “easy,” that our skills as middle-class twenty-somethings are so valuable that they can save a village, and that just because we are from the U.S., we are superior to the third-world countries that we aim to serve.
It’s time to recognize that in pursuit of a service experience, we may be salving
our own consciences without fully examining the consequences of the people we
seek to help.
....this is for the volunteer, too. This experience is life-changing.”
I glanced at the group of college students, taking selfies with the animated children.
Teju Cole, a writer on the topic of responsible volunteering, tweeted: “The White
Savior Complex is not about justice. It’s about having a big emotional experience
that validates privilege.”³
Cole has a point. Individuals fundraise for Africa, do a little good, experience something that their affluent lives cannot offer, and return home with a full memory card and a story that places them in the ranks of the kind-hearted and worldly wise.
... a donation is a very dangerous thing to give away. Your American world is filled with so many items and material goods, that you might not understand the gravity of handing something for free...
“Do you know what this village means? Generations of desert wanderers, learning and toiling for their bread and meat and homes. We are proud of this; we are empowered, by this. Now, give a village man a handout? You’ve just weakened him. You’ve increased his dependency; diminished his sense of self-esteem. One of the most widely-accepted notions is that Westerners are the solution to African problems. This requires portraying us as helpless and endlessly recirculating images only of abandonment and violence, or innocence and primitivism.” ”We are not weak. We are not underdeveloped. If you believe we must be helped, lookmore closely. We are content in our hearts, affectionate to each other, an dattentive to our souls. ....
Classic White Savior Complex, the worship of the land of the White Man. Somehow, despite hearing that Jesus loves him, the messageof material goodness has swept him further in devotion, and he will worship the white saviors for the spectacular contributions to his development rather than the ostensible Jesus fellow.
Of course, Baby Meredith was named after Meredith Viera. They want a follow up story, since she did tease them that they should name a baby Duggar after her.
There is no way JB or M will ever get a 9 to 5 job! They would consider it beneath themselves.I can see JB investing in more rental properties or flipping houses,but a job,no way,IMO.
God wants them back on tv? Are they aware their buddy Kent Hovind said he didn't have to pay taxes bc it was God's money? That landed him 10 years in prison.God just doesn't work that way.You can't stuf words in God's mouth.I think the term for it is taking God's name in vain
Esther, If Meredith V. is smart she'll stay as far away from the Duggars as possible. If she were to have Josh & Anna on her show what would they talk about, after about 2-3 minutes of cooing over the baby, perhaps presenting a gift. I think she would bring up the subject under the guise of, what's up with you folks now that you're not being filmed? It would be much worse than if they never went on the show. I never really thought she was serious about naming a baby after her. She was just joking & she would do herself great harm with the public if she ever invited them on her show. Especially if she went on & on about the baby being named after her.
Kate Gosseling made as many appearances she possibly could after her show was cancelled, & it really didn't accomplish much. She was invited on a few shows, the View, Regis & Kelly, Dancing with the Stars, but in the end, it was over. Unless she considers those once or twice yearly episodes that really don't bring in many viewers. Of course she wasn't involved in any type of molestation case. If there had ever been any mention or any talk of one of her kids being molested by anyone, she would never have seen another camera in her face
Sandi, the reason I picked Jana as the "old maid aunt," was because she is the oldest girl & so far not even a rumor of courting, doesn't appear to have any friends outside the compound, except perhaps one or two of the Bates girls, never goes anywhere outside the home. Doula training, which she didn't even want is over. Also Josie is spoiled to death & wouldn't ever need to wait on Jim Bob & Michelle as Jana would need to. Also I think Josie is very frail. Whether or not she can have children I don't know. We all know she has some residual issues from being a micro premie. She is very small & frail for her age, even if they let her run all over the place putting herself in danger. They did that with all the other kids but they don't seem to even realize that Josie is not as strong as the others were at the same age. Josie is close to 6 yrs. old & is very small in bone structure, suffers from seizures, or little glitches as Michelle calls them and certainly looks frail. Poor Jana is already used to having all these duties that belong to her mother. I especially hate it when they have huge numbers of "friends," over for dinner & there's Jana at the serving line with huge pans of lasagna, salad & a big bowl of fruit. A guest will ask, "Jana did you do all this yourself?" Jana just smiles & and nods her head yes. Meanwhile, Michelle is sitting at the table enjoying her meal, not even a child on her lap, or anyone bothering her as she is just there as a guest herself. Sorry if I offended anyone, as Jana is also my favorite. But I'm calling this as I see it. Maybe things will change.
Sandi, I meant to add that no matter what Michelle has done to try & break Hannies spirit, I don't think it will work in the end. She just bidding her time. She has more backbone than any of the boys or girls in that family & she'll never be Michelle & Jim Bob's servant. I'd sure like to think that someday there will actually be a Dr. Johannah Duggar. Hannie has always said immediately, when asked what she wanted to be,"A Doctor!" Not a missionary, as all the rest of the boys say they want to be, & of course all the girls want to be wives & mothers but not Hannie. I hope God gives this child a chance in life.
Guess the Duggar were lying again when they told Megyn Kelly that it didn't matter if they were filmed or not. Now they are broken hearted!
Apparently the Duggars are claiming they are desperate for money now that the TV show has been cancelled. Wonder what they did with all that money from TLC, & all the covers & articles from People Magazine? You see that what happens when you invite more than a thousand people to your daughters wedding & put on a big spread: caviar,sit down dinner with choice of fish or beef. It's a shame they didn't have volunteers to help out with the catering etc. Of course we bloggers could help them out with donations but we already need to donate to Jill & Derick.
Who on God's green earth has the nerve to announce that God wants them on TV? Even these Televangelist don't actually come right out & say God want's them on TV. Also didn't we just recently hear Michelle say we shouldn't watch TV? Plus help me out on this, who do we need to donate our hard earned dollars to now:Jim Bob & Michelle or Jill & Derick? I'm getting a headache over this.
Good morning friends!! My question today is this: If Jill and Derick "went on a mission trip", but it turns out it was just the usual SOS field trip that these people have been going on for YEARS together, WHY do they need donations????? Just askin'. I feel swindled. All that talk when they left and now they are just doing the same old thing. I predict they will be back by August. I'm sorry, but they made it seem like they were going to be "real" missionaries. Am I missing something? It just seems everything they say and do is fake!!
I also wanted to point out something I noticed in the video they filmed at the Duggar house, saying goodbye to J&D. Did anyone else hear Jim Bob say to Jill, "you married a missionary", kind of like, what did she expect? It sounded to me like Jill may have been a little conflicted about going, or sad, or something, and JB was kind of throwing it up to her that she got what she asked for. Did I read that vibe right, did anyone else notice that?
Thanks for "listening".
Sandi: You are so right!! JB and Mullet will never get regular jobs. The fundies in general do not like to have regular jobs as they cannot stand to have their spouses out of their sight if at all possible. I think Jill was miserable having Derick at an "outside" job. She was not used to that, as JB was home all the time. JMO.
I've heard Jim Bob say that he knows the mind of God. Really? Hmm. This is again indicative of narcissistic & well volatile behavior. This is dangerous territory. Ya know Cult leader who organized mass murder in Jonestown Jim Jones often spoke those same words. Again, Jim Bob is a powder keg & no child or spouse of his should ever cross him.
As far as these people having a 9-5 job, it doesn't seem to happen much. There is nothing wrong with being self employed as long as you can make a living wage. There is nothing wrong with working for a large company either, but these people would rather be destitute and have their children hungry and dressed in rags before they will lower themselves to have real job in "the world". The Bible warns against this kind of lifestyle and reminds us all "if a man does not work, neither should he eat". They seem to think it's some kind of a badge of honor to be jobless and lazy but never go in debt. I really feel badly for children growing up in these kind of homes.
I just read on another blog that Jessa Seewald is preparing to attend four more Southern Women's Shows this fall. She will answer questions, sign autographs, greet guests. WHY WHY WHY would anyone invite her to participate in these shows? If I were attending I would walk away when she comes on stage. What on earth could Jessa offer to anyone who pays good money to attend these events. Advice on marriage, beauty, or fashion, no way what a joke. It is beyond me why anyone would think that this girl has anything interesting to say or do. What can she find to talk about? Well let's see, she had a TV show but it got cancelled. She wanted a spin-off but that didn't work out, at least not yet, and I hope it never does. She never stays at her own house she hangs out at Mommy and Daddy's house all day doing nothing, taking selfies, every picture she takes is at JB and Michelle's. What on earth do she and Ben do all day? Sorry for the rant, but I just feel like these two could be doing so much more.
Hi
I was just kidding about jimboob getting a job.. Just think how upset they are having a missed a episode of thier anniversary.. all we would see is dry humping and kissing.. But no big party. with tatter tots and Jim telling us how bad Michele was when she was 15.
Oh that ring watch the Episode Josn never gets up or other members of the family don't bother to go look at it
Mary
Why don't the Duggars do their preaching for free? Didn't Jesus throw the money changers out of the Temple?
I know nobody should devote this much time to this project but it's just driving me crazy. I have searched the internet, goggled & still cannot get the answer to my question, so I am turning to my dear friends here on this blog. Please tell me what the initials SOS stand for in connection with the ministry the Duggars/Dillards are involved in. Many thenks in advace as I know you will come through for me.
Here are Jessa's tour dates with the Southern Women's show. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/07/meet-jessa-duggar-seewald.html
I wonder what she talks about?
It's been awfully quiet on the Josiah and Marjorie front in the last few weeks. I wonder it they are still "courting." If Marjorie was only in it for the fame, as some suspect, the relationship will quietly disappear now that the show has been cancelled.
If this is true that they named the baby for Meredith Viera then the only way for her to handle it would be to a card addressed to the baby with a gift. Not addressed to the parents as they would IG it as proof of her friendship and support.
I can tell you honestly that is not God's plan for them to have a show? if they want to help others let them go and do that. They use Gods name in vain to make money and now crying because show is cancled. and all the followers are crying why cancel the show such a good family. well a show cannot last for ever and it was time to go off the air. I would rather watch house hunters then this family. They say one thing and do another. I would love to see all the money they saved from buying used. never saved it because at first they did but they don't anylonger. Get freebees from the today show and many other places. I would not give jill and derrick any money how are they spending the money they want you to give? Jessa would waste my time to go see her. I also wonder if daddy duggar gave the kids the money they earned while on tv.
I not sure how many of you feel. But i just do not believes Josh. I don't beelieve for a minutes he touched his sisters or others 3 times. I do not believe he only touched the 3 oldest girl. I don't believe he only touched them on the nightgowms or just once for seconds. I think he is still a molester.. We all know he was touching the 5 year old under her clothes. We also kmow he corned one of his sisters in laundry room.
I also think others are molesting the girls in family. I think the who family is sick. How people can believe this. Sorry no one just stops.
Plus I am sure JimBoob blames the girls for tempting the boys in this family.
someone should invesigated this family take kiids out and interview without parents ot any member there.
I am really said for the little children and Jana. There are really in prison and olmy escape is for girls to marry who JimBoob has pick and keep the baby facator rolling so JimBoob can have his 2,00 kids, grandkids and great babies
Mary
They have stated themselves that when Michelle was a teen, she shoplifted...there it is folks, she was dishonest back then and she's versed in being dishonest now. Nothing new for her to "defraud" the public. also, a great sentiment here is why are the Duggars suing their local government? Can't they just "forgive and forget" like they think everyone should do for Josh like they did?
The fact that they are fighting back with what they think is their right to continue a TV show, is quite telling. It always is one sided for these folks.
Did Jill and Derick mention their anniversary at all? It was the same day as JB and M's.If not, then I guess they thought it would not be well received.Or JB told them to be quiet so he and M could have all the glory.
SOS...does it have anything to do with Samaritan Ministries? If so, then that might be one of the S's
I was about to post about the tour as well. Coming to a city near you....... Isn't Ben just 20 not 21?
http://www.ibtimes.com/jessa-ben-seewald-announce-tour-dates-when-where-meet-19-kids-counting-stars-2026553
Jessa And Ben Seewald Announce Tour Dates; When And Where To Meet The '19 Kids And Counting' Stars
By Rebecka Schumann @RebeckaSchumann r.schumann@ibtimes.com on July 27 2015 3:52 PM EDT
The stars of the now defunct TLC series “19 Kids and Counting” could be coming to a city near you! It has been announced that Jessa Seewald will be making stops in several U.S. cities as a special guest at Southern Women’s Shows events in the coming months. Her husband, Ben Seewald, will reportedly accompany her to each show.
Jessa, 24, and Ben, 21, will be making stops in four cities on the South Coast this fall, according to the Duggar Family Blog. Their first appearance will take place in Charlotte, North Carolina, at the Charlotte Convention Center on Aug. 29. Their final appearance will be in Jacksonville, Florida, at the Prime Osborn Convention Center on Oct. 17. (Check out their full list of tour dates here.)
The blog reports that Jessa and Ben will be answering fan questions during their appearances. Fans will also be able to get autographs and take photos with the parents-to-be. “Guests are welcome to ask Jessa questions on her wedding details, life as a newlywed, her pregnancy and how she is preparing to be a first time mom when she appears on stage,” the convention announced.
Jessa and Ben’s upcoming appearances mark their second tour this year with the Southern Women’s Shows. The couple traveled from Memphis, Tennessee, to Richmond, Virginia, in the spring for similar appearances. At one event in March, Ben teased the idea that Jessa’s was already pregnant when asked about their plans to have children. Now that the couple has confirmed they’re expecting their first child together on Nov. 1, could they have plans to share their baby’s gender? Rumor has it they’re planning to keep it a secret until he/she is born, but you never know!
Jessa (Duggar) Seewald was a guest at three Southern Women's Shows earlier this year and is preparing to attend four additional shows this fall. Join Jessa as she answers questions from the audience, signs autographs, and takes photos with guests. We will once again be raffling off tickets to each show, so stay tuned.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte Convention Center, Hall A
Saturday, August 29th
Fashion and Entertainment Stage
Click here to purchase tickets online
Orlando, Florida
Orange County Convention Center, North Concourse
Saturday, September 26th
Fashion and Entertainment Stage
Click here to purchase tickets online
Birmingham, Alabama
Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex
Saturday, October 10th
Fashion and Entertainment Stage
Click here to purchase tickets online
Jacksonville, Florida
Prime Osborn Convention Center
Saturday, October 17th
Fashion and Entertainment Stage
Click here to purchase tickets online
Ticket Information (Online)
Adults: $10.00 each
Youth (ages 6-12): $5.00 or $6.00 (varies per show)
Group: (10 or more; Advance Only) $7.00 or $8.00 (varies per show)
Children Under 6 FREE with Paying Adult
*Ben Seewald will accompany Jessa at each show.
You know if Jim Bob is so devastated about the cancellation of the show, you just have to wonder how long did he believe this show would last? It was never going to last for eternity Jim Bob, so get over it!
Sandi, Jill & Derick actually showed a picture of themselves on their anniversary. It's the one where people were saying she should have ironed her clothes & his clothes if they were going to have an anniversary photo.
I don't think Meredith Viera owes the Duggars as much as a card, regardless of whether or not they named the baby after her. After all, that was 4 kids ago & I'm sure she has moved on, & it probably wasn't the most important thing in her life. I think she was joking about them naming a baby Meredith.
The family posted a new photo on their family Instagram tonight. All are photographed expected for Anna and of course Jill and Derick.
Any sightings of Marjorie lately? She is not in the photo.
Always, it's obvious that Jim Bob Never thinks. He uses his brain for a hatrack. Jim Bob & Michelle are of below average intelligence they've proved it during every episode of 19 Kids. These two it lidos are the Wardens of the Duggar prison.
Well snotty Jessa Seewald may discuss her "expertise" opinions regsrding the comparison of the holocaust & use of birth control as well as a plethoracofvother subjects of which she counties to project Ignorance. It's that good ole Gothard Cult ATI homeschooling. I know I impressed. NOT!
I don't get who would actually want to hear these morons speak. What could they possibly have to say? I wish they would just go away and get real jobs and quit acting like they are so important. The only reason they were on tv is because there mom was stupid enough to get pregnant with 19 kids which luckily didn't kill her.
Re: You know if Jim Bob is so devastated about the cancellation of the show, you just have to wonder how long did he believe this show would last? It was never going to last for eternity Jim Bob, so get over it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know,right? I don't know about the average life span of a reality show,seeing as they are still fairly new,but even the best sitcoms only last about 7 seasons,at most.Did JB think it would last forever? Being on top doesn't mean a thing anymore.Seinfield quit while he was ahead for exactly that reason.
Given recent develops such as same sex marriage,I wonder if it was tlc themselves who sold the D's out.Jazz's new show about being transgender is taking the 19KAC timeslot now.Quite ironic, imo
Re: Sandi, Jill & Derick actually showed a picture of themselves on their anniversary. It's the one where people were saying she should have ironed her clothes & his clothes if they were going to have an anniversary photo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought those were from futher on back.Their anniv. was just last week on the 21st,same day as JNB and M's
Will the Duggars EVER just go away? Enough already!
Whatever happened to "God's Will" when something happens, Jim Bob? If it was God's Will that little Juniper (or whatever her name was) died, isn't it God's Will, too, that your show was cancelled when it came out that your son molested his sisters and you did very little to stop him? It must be "God's Will" when something out of your control happens, but the fault of the liberal media (or Satan, or Democrats or Catholics, etc) when something you did wrong comes back to bite you.
I don't know about the Josiah and Marjorie courtship. If the courtship ends, it doesn't necessarily mean Marjorie was in it for fame. She might not have wanted to be mixed up with this nutty family after the Josh scandal or her parents had some sense and told her to call it off. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Jill and Derick were married in June were they not? That means their anniversary was over a month ago.
Speaking engagement content starts with:
Ben: "Me 'an Jessa are real glad to be here today to share the Lord's word with y'all."
Jessa: Yah, we've been thinkin' about how He's been a real blessing in our lives. Whatever you've been readin' about us isn't true. Those people don't KNOW us."
Ben: So don't bother askin' me 'an Jessa about it. Let's pray."
Sandi.....I Think Jill and Derick's Anniversary is June 21. JB and Michelle July 21.
The Duggars are completely tone deaf: http://www.inquisitr.com/2289004/the-duggar-family-moving-on-after-tlc-cancellation-19-kids-stars-asking-fans-for-money/#gR5BRtiQBVCu3C53.99
That takes a lot of nerve begging for money already.
Ok,thank you all.I was thinking Jill got married on the same day.
Yes,the D's are now asking for contributions to keep their vids up and running on youtube,even though it costs nothing to upload them.And little to nothing to film them.And if they aren't monetized by now,I bet they will be soon.JMO
"I don't know about the Josiah and Marjorie courtship. If the courtship ends, it doesn't necessarily mean Marjorie was in it for fame. She might not have wanted to be mixed up with this nutty family after the Josh scandal or her parents had some sense and told her to call it off. Guess we'll have to wait and see."
I agree with you, Pam. If the courtship dissolves between Josiah and Marjorie we will probably never know why. Marjorie clearly was over the moon at the prospect of getting to be on TV, but that doesn't necessarily mean that her intentions toward Josiah were insincere. I just think it is interesting that we haven't seen any photos of Josiah and Marjorie together for about a month--after the cancellation of the show. The latest family photo, taken at an indoor trampoline place, has a rather unhappy-looking Josiah with no Marjorie.
I am hoping that Marjorie and/or her parents had the sense to realize that the Duggar family is toxic and ended the courtship. As nice a guy as Josiah may be, Marjorie would be marrying the whole wacky family and not just Josiah.
I want to stick to truth here fellow posters...there's something going around about Amy "having to get married quickly"....does anyone know about this? It seems to indicate that maybe Amy is pregnant and has to marry fast. thanks, as always, guys!
Also, I just can't contain myself that Jessa and Benn will be 20 minutes away from me when they appear in Orlando...I'm struggling with the temptation to see them in person and check her out for sincerity, etc.but I don't want to pay ANY money to see them, not worth it.
About the girls' appearance at the conferences - they won't have any problem finding something to talk about. I mean, what do all those other non-celebrity women have to talk about at that conference in the first place? Today I fed my kids, did some housework, gazed adoringly at my husband during evening fellowship... What else? At least the Duggar girls can talk about the rest of the family, the show, other characters that are familiar to the audience. They will find a huge audience no matter how boring their personal life. They will probably be able to milk the talk circuit for another year or two. It will be like the show, but us "haters" won't be listening because we won't pay.
And I still can't blame TLC for any of this. They're a business, if they could make a buck, they put the show on. It's not their responsibility if the participants cross a moral line. They're just a business, not anyone's ministers. The Duggars must have made a massive amount of money for TLC for them to be on the fence for so long about cancelling after the huge public outcry, especially since the molesting was the worst of the worst, young children.
I still wonder if something/someone is behind JB pulling the puppet strings. We know the kids, and M, can't think for themselves but we always assumed it was JB as the ringleader. Maybe he is being driven by those church elders from behind the scenes and pushing him to get back on TV no matter what, to grovel, lie, do whatever it takes. Because as stated above, money shouldn't really be the issue. That guy is not stupid when it comes to money.
Further to the www.inquisitr.com article which Elspeth post, I can't find the video of the Duggar's asking for money. Has it been taken down all ready?! So disappointed! I guess they quickly realized that was a bad idea.
Syndee, ref 3rd paragraph.. This suggestion about the elders driving Jim Bob is a good point. I think it may be ole ugly & creepy Gothard himself driving this bus. As Josh is a coward so is Gothard as he will never appear on TV.most cult leaders are absolute cowards.
Hey Ben it's Jessa & me or Jessa & I geez! So Ben states to attendees don't ask questions. This statement slams of something shady. If the Seewalds have nothing to hide they would welcome questions. Ben is not playing with a full deck.
Elspeth, the Duggars believe they are entitled to others money because they were on a reality show if for no other reason. I just cannot stand JB or M the poorest excuse for humans & parents on the planet.
I don't know as there is a specific vid where they ask for money,but if you go to youtube and look up Duggar Studios,there is a donate button off to the right side of their channel that says this above it:
Support this channel
Help Duggar Studios make more fresh quality content. Every contribution is helpful, big or small.
Somebody is going to SNAP! I don't know when, I don't know who, but it WILL happen. My money is on Joyanna or possibly Derrick after seeing the bear hug from behind at the going away party that another poster mentioned ... awkward ... sort of the males butting heads and posturing to win the favor of the female. I suppose there's a chance Amy could spill the beans about what she knows ...?
Andrea, I also went to look for the video on Youtube. On the subscribe page to their channel, there is a button for making a donation.
"I have always loved the Bates much better than the Duggar robots. I watched their latest episode last night and had a few thoughts and pleasant surprise"
They are cut from the same cloth. I get the vibe Gil is as big as grifter as Jim Bob from various things I read. Alyssa married and had a child barely 20 yrs old. The others have departed 'no birth control'. Alyssa is married to a top dog in ATI and Chad Paine and Michael's fiance' are also into ATI.
I think the Duggar kids have seen more of the world than the Bates ever will because of the show so I always put them at an advantage. The Bates kids seem to have been 'grounded' becasue they financially struggled. ' The 'colleges' they attend just reinforce their belief, are unaccredited, and even if Tory did get a degree or job she would give it up as soon as 'Prince Charming' comes. Whitney, Erin, nor Alyssa have any careers. The Bateses lived cramped in that tiny house until the Duggars helped build them a bigger one.
Gil and Kelly depend on Lawson for groceries and they dont have health insurance for half the kids. They don't fool me just because they seem warm and friendlier with their front hugs and one daughter wearing pants. And big deal they are letting their kids marry.I think it is one less mouth to feed for them. They are just too scarily happy, if you ask me. The only thing I say is they are more musically talented. I dont mean to be so negative but put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig.
Is the Beg-A-Thon still going with the Duggars? What other issues will the Duggars bring up to continuing their mission of begging?
Sandi, it's still a Beg-A-Thon fest. It's the disgusting Duggars!
Ellen,yes,I think so,too!
Jim Bob,do you know that most Americans do not have as much money or material possessions as you do? If your dad lost out on money and things because he wasn't living a Godly life,might the same thing have happened to you now? Just a thought.
You have been blessed beyond measure,your cups runneth over,now please Duggars... KNOCK IT OFF!
Sell the bus or a few of those many vehicles you have on your property if you need money (which I doubt)
Anyone who donates to the Duggars needs his or her head examined.
Maybe the Duggars will need some extra money when TLC sends them the bill for that big house they provided, plus everything else they gave them (trips to farms, kiddy train rides, trips to the zoo, trips to Europe and Israel) plus future earnings (ad revenues, future seasons, reruns, etc). TLC should be suing the Duggars for not being forthcoming when it came to their past. TLC is the one losing big money in this case, not JB.
sandi Love your post and so very true!! Wish we had a like button for posts on here. I would have liked yours a 1,000 times! Jim Bob definitely has more material possessions than most of us will ever see. Remember that $500,000 private plane JB bought for John David? I guess that is another thing that will have to go. The fuel alone would make someone broke. And what about all those properties he could sell? Maybe that is why Jill and Derick left because JB is desperate to sell the McMansion.
Another thing how much do the Duggars spend on groceries per month? Isn't thousands? Guess they will have to start a garden or even buy and raise some farm animals(yeah right!) in order to help make ends meet and save some $$.
Thanks Rue,I had forgotten about the planes! Good thought.And I hadn't even thought about the McMansion..perhaps that is the case.
Another thought I have,is they have said Jessa is going to do speaking engagements up until 38 weeks and that's it...nothing wrong with that,but wouldn't the baby be considered a career interruptor,something Michelle snarked about in her letter to Jubilee? And Jessa is working outside the home,something their cult forbids.Do the Duggars think these things they complain about don't apply to themselves? It's very hypocritical,IMO
Jessa is not working outside of the home, nor is she working inside the home either. These appearances are to them evangelizing; spreading their Gospel beliefs, encouraging others to live like them,, etc.. it's her duty as a Duggar to keep the name going and the checks rolling in. If her husband, Ben, had a real job from real employment, he wouldn't be able to baby sit her on her "tour". He would have to report to a job... BTW, what kind of medical insurance to these two have, what kind of prenatal care is Jessa receiving and how are they paying for it and their own bills? These two are having a great time playing grown up "house". Jessa, IMO, isn't living any differently than she did before she was married; she's always at her parents' house, going out with the rest of the kids, like she and Ben are still one of them; yet she gets to sleep with a man.
Why do the Duggars have to wear absurd and hideous "wholesome wear" when there really are better looking things: http://www.swimmodest.com/about
Ewwww.....Wholesome wear maternity clothes. They even have a maternity frumper.
http://www.modestapparelusa.com/modest-clothing-for-women/maternity.html
Hey, Jilly Muffin...Next time get your tee shirts here.
hey JimBob why did you spend money to go to Florida for a crook insteed you should have used money feed your kids
Mary
RE: Judy's comment about anyone who donates to the Duggars needs to have their head examined. Thanks Judy. Truer words were never written!Perhaps ole Jim Bob could check & see if they actually did give away all the money raised from the flea market they had some time ago. What do you folks think the chances are that it was all donated to the Children's Hospital? There was nobody watching over them & how much they actually made, nobody except Jim Bob & Michelle know. How much was give as opposed to how much was made is anyone's guess.
RE: Carol's comment about Meredith Viera. The only way she could handle it is to send a card & gift addressed to the baby, not the parents. I cannot understand why anyone thinks Meredith Viera owes these idiots anything. She doesn't owe anything. Not a card, or a gift.. absolutely nothing. Just because the Pillsbury dough boy piped up & let her know there would be many more Duggars to come & perhaps she would be fortunate enough to have one named after her. What in the world does she care, especially after his involvement in a sexual/molestation scandal? What would that do to her reputation? You always hear these celebrities tell people, oh I hope you name the baby after me, you know I give great gifts. You never hear or see these people again. They are only filling in dead air time when making these statements. She has a career, a good reputation, a job that she probably wants to keep & it would be professional suicide for her to in any way be involved with the Duggars. We know word would eventually get out, "oh look what Meredith Viera sent the baby, she's just thrilled that we named the baby after her." Oh yeah,right. Good bye to the Meredith Viera show!
It is my belief that a professional journalist, like Meredith Viera, does not become personal with those that they interview. I think Ms. Meredith had and has her own personal opinion of the clan, did her job when she had to and went on her way. She's no personal friend of these people, IMO.
Well, about that flea market for the childrens' hospital donation....we all know that was episode fodder. I'm sure they wouldn't be opposed to making a cash donation to that hospital which saved Josie's life, but it would have been better to have a real independent accountant keep the tally of the sales...not one of their own or one of the family, like they did.
It's only Gods will when it suits the purpose of Jim Bob. Actually I see Jim Bob using Gog as a prop. Again the Duggars have never been a ministry its "Gothard Cult on Parade".
Re Jessa Seewald, this girl is a real piece of work & in the worst possible way. Jessa with her GED believes she's the smartest woman on the planet. So delusional so ignorant. So boring.
Interesting tag lines for the stories especially under the circumstances. Forgiven???
Josh and Anna Duggar Take 1-Week-Old Baby Girl Meredith Grace Out for Dinner—See the Sweet Pic!
http://www.eonline.com/news/682084/josh-and-anna-duggar-take-1-week-old-baby-girl-meredith-grace-out-for-dinner-see-the-sweet-pic
Josh and Anna Duggar Take Baby Meredith Out to Eat: Photo
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/josh-and-anna-duggar-take-baby-meredith-nearly-1-month-out-to-eat-2015317
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's son has been staying out of the spotlight as much as possible since news broke of his molestation scandal in May. (Sisters Jill and Jessa Duggar were among his victims.) In what may be a sign of a fresh start, a moving truck was spotted outside Josh and Anna's five-bedroom home in Oxon Hill, Md., last month.
RE: Stella's comments. The "news" about a moving van outside of the Duggars MD home has been all over the internet for over a month. People have been wondering where the are living during the interim. I guess at the home they purchased a few months ago, even thought the renovations may not be completed.
You are correct that the story has been in the headlines for awhile just find in interesting the press now tag lining the articles with Josh as he is starting a fresh start and sweet family photo. SMH on the media attack and quick forgiveness like nothing happened. It is almost like lets dismiss the situation and move on. It is no wonder that Josh doesn't understand consequences of actions. IMHO.
If I were Anna (and thank God I'm not) & had just gone through my 4th pregnancy with home births, all within within 7 yrs. The last thing I would want,is to be going out to diner with the Pillsbury Dough Boy. I would want someone else in the family, my family, my mom, to come & stay for awhile & I would get a good long rest. This young woman has been under the most extreme stress for the past few months that we know of, could be longer. She needs to be with her own mom & receive some tender loving care that only her mom, not Michelle, can give a daughter who has suffered so much these past months. The last thing she needs to do is get the baby dressed, herself dressed & go out to dinner, with a husband who has admitted he molested his sisters & a family friend. She knows she will be photographed by the Duggars Family Films association or whatever it's called. Anna has always had large babies born early & I wonder if all this stress had an effect on baby Meredith, as she didn't weight even 8 lbs. That in itself is nothing unusual, but with what this girl has endured, I think it had an effect on her baby. She's fortunate the baby is healthy, although I would not take a young infant to a restaurant when they were under a month old.
Meredith always looked like she wanted to roll her eyes at JB,whenever he made a sexual innuendo comment,such as 'we're still trying!" Instead she had to stick with saying something like "Jim Bob,you sly dog you!"
I have asked the question: "Where is ANNA'S mother" at this time? I would think that the "second class Kellers" would get to meet their newest grandchild asap. If I were Anna, I,too, would want MY family and MY mother near me at this time. We all know that loving care, looking after are NOT in Michelle's vocabulary when it comes to someone else, nor does she provide ANY to her own kids, let alone Anna. This family swallows up all children in law, yet spits out their parents a families in the process....like pits in olives.
Right Josh has been staying out of the spotlight with the video from Father's Day, as well as a video wishing his wife a: Happy Anniversary of their Engagement, not their anniversary (who does that?) the announcement of the baby's birth. He's working his way back in the same slimy way his dad does
Post a Comment