Free Discussion, October, 2015

Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!

Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles.  Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.

393 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 393 of 393
Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

Re: I hope Jim Bob didn't force this sale to possibly keep Anna from getting the house if she decided to leave Josh. Just guessing, but I wouldn't put anything past the dimwit, shifty Jim Bob.

That thought crossed my mind.It was done for some sort of legal reason.To diminish their assets in case of lawsuits also comes to mind.I also think they don't want it to appear Anna lives there alone,if she does,which I doubt

friesandshake said...

If Anna is still in Florida, then that means Meredith( only 3 months old), is not with her mother, which is really sad! And how is that working if she breasts feeds? This is horrible for her children. She needs to bond with baby Meredith at this early age. We all know Michael and Meredith are with the Duggars, from all the photos they have been posting but Anna is nowhere in sight. Neither is Marcus or Kynzie.
I know Anna needs space now, but her baby needs that motherly bond. Hurry back Anna if you are in FL. We all know Michelle loves infants 6 months and younger. But I guess in three more months, she will give Meredith back. No worries.

Auggie said...

Thanks Elspeth for the clarification on the legal documents of the sale of Josh's home. I'm with you June Bug, no matter what the price, I'm sure it was done to protect their assets in some way.

Just Plain Offended said...

When I see online photos of Anna's children with a Duggar (that includes a Seewald or Dillard), it makes my blood boil. It shocks me that NO ONE has mandated that Anna retrieve those children ASAP and get them out of Duggar reach. JB and M clearly use the photos as a PR machine to portray themselves as perfect, loving parents, grandparents and Christians even though everything they do suggests otherwise. At the very least, I would have an attorney ordering a cease and desist to any further posting of photos by an adult Duggar. Anna's children have no say in whether or not they want to be in the media, so it's Anna's duty as the "custodial" parent to protect them. I am particularly angry about the photo of JimBob showing off Meredith in front of Lowe's with JB deliberately uncovering Meredith's face and shoving her in front of the cameras. Why? To show that he is such a good Grandpa? (choke) Again, he has no right to do this. Meredith is NOT his child.

Another issue that irks me regarding photos are the whole family's self-loving, aren't-we-important huge grins for the papparazzi, eyes focused straight at the cameras. Sorry, but people in the public eye rarely do this especially when their children are in tow. I have high profile clients and every one of them goes to great lengths to keep their children's private lives private even to the point of living in different cities from where they work. Only the despicable Duggars put their children on parade like that.

Last (for today) is how bizarre it is that JB and M continue to think the media loves them and how they continue to use it to what they mistakenly think is their advantage. Are they not aware (probably deliberately unaware) that every single article about them rehashes the failings of their son and now their daughters and invites hundreds, if not thousands of scathing comments about them and their chidren who they shoved into the public eye? WHO does that sort of thing to their kids? Only the Duggars, only the despicable Duggars.

It will be interesting to see the ratings for the upcoming Law and Order Duggar show. More power to it because nothing else has knocked any sense into their heads and off their self-proclaimed (and TLC) pedestal. I predict L&O ratings will exceed 19KAC because it will prove that the main reason people watch the Duggars is not because of admiration, but because JB and M are despised and their actions regarded with horror and almost disbelief.

flowerchild said...

I imagine the Duggars didn't allow Anna to take the kids to Fl. This way she cant run. Its cruel and calculated. Poor Anna must return inorder to keep her babies.

BLB said...

Could Josh really not be in rehab, and Anna and he are holed up on the Duggar compound together? Both haven't been seen in public except for Anna at Amy's wedding.

Roo Doo said...

I can't see a loving mother leaving her children (especially an INFANT) for any length of time. My theory is in line with those who believe Josh and Anna are holed up in Duggarland. It's a compound with plenty of space. There is no need to be seen by anyone if Anna doesn't want to be seen. And as the figurehead of the Duggar clan and the family spiritual leader, chances are Anna is receiving intense "counseling" from JimBoob and Mechelle. Most likely how to forgive Josh and be a better wife. I think this explains Mechelle's diatribe on how a wife should be always available to her husband, no matter what. I think that came as a result of a counseling session with Anna. Too much good stuff not to share with the world.

*PUKE*

Elspeth said...

I don't think we can believe much of what has been said about Anna's whereabouts. There have been no photos so it all seems like a lot of speculation picked up from blogs and forums rather than fact.

DOUBLE Misplaced Forgiveness said...

Re: Could Josh really not be in rehab, and Anna and he are holed up on the Duggar compound together? Both haven't been seen in public except for Anna at Amy's wedding.

That's what I'm thinking.He hasn't been seen in any sort of rehab.Pics or it didn't happen!

Willow said...

WHY are the Dillards still in Arkansas? Why did they say they were home for a "short" one-month visit? Amy's wedding was 5+ weeks ago. If they are waiting for Jessa to give birth, they should just say so. We are all smart enough to figure these things out. I am starting to think they may not go back at all. Also, I am starting to agree that Anna is probably not in Florida. I just can't fathom she would leave even one of her children for this length of time, especially the baby. We just cannot trust anything at all that we see or hear from these people.

Roo Doo said...

Speaking of photos and lack of, where are the pictures of Jill and Derick on their donor-funded vacation? I mean MISSIONARY TRIP...seems like a trip like that with your firstborn would result in tons of photos and the like. Is there a blog that features their daily lives in Central America? Is there a collection of photos or even a few posts showing them interacting with those they are supposedly trying to help? Unless I missed them (sorry if I did), I don't see anything of the sort. Unless they are being restrained by TLC...in which case I would think something is off there. A TV network controlling what you can or can't do with your personal life? I'm betting on the overall lack of photos as the centralized cause. Because there are no photos to share. And for a selfie and social media-obsessed clan, that speaks VOLUMES.

Heart in Florida said...

So those donors who received an invitation in the mail to a "thank you party" actually received an invitation to a television taping of their show...these two should have left a couple of days after that fiasco. They're still here waiting for Jessa, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas; wait and see. Derick should have never left WalMart...but I think he was "invited to leave" for lack of attendance at work.

Syndee said...

Yeah I also suspect Derrick was asked to leave his job.

I think Anna not being in any pictures from such a selfie-obsessed family does speak volumes. I wonder if she herself is in some kind of Gothard rehab. Some intense reprogramming because she may have indicated she might leave Josh. So M and JB are locking her up and not letting her out until she says she'll take him back. Or else her parents have her under lock and key until she repents.

Ruby said...

If my husband did to me what Josh did to Anna I would definitely stay out of the public eye for a very long time but I would also protect my children and keep them off social media. That's what I don't understand about all these pics of Anna's kids. What exactly is going on? The rest of the family is acting like everything is just fine and nothing is wrong. Where does Anna fit into this? Something is amiss. Something is weird here.

Syndee said...

Who was it that suggested the Duggars are now going for product placement? For sure...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/jessa-duggar-celebrates-pumpkin-spice-230000408.html

I wonder why the name of the pedi place wasn't mentioned.

Heart in Florida said...

Derick and Jill's actions, to put it mildly, have been squirrely; they have been wandering back and forth aimlessly between Central America and the USA...doesn't sound like they have a real plan. How could anyone want a vagabond life? If this is what they envisioned for themselves, why did they ask for a lifetime's worth of wedding gifts and completely outfit their home, garage and patio?
These two are drifting immature children IMO. Since they have been soliciting donations for this lifestyle, it is my opinion that they really should have been accountable to these donors for just what they have been doing....are they converting Catholics to their brand of Christianity? I would think they need to go to a non-Christian part of the world and convert there if they choose. It is an insult to the Christian community, IMO, once again, that they are doing this.
I also believe that Jill doesn't know HOW to do anything correctly and officially being that her parents seem to invent their own credentials and those of their adult children...they always circumvent real education, training and true experience.

Katie's Mom said...

Re: Comments about the Duggars having possession of Anna's children. They have no right to those children. Anna is their mother. Their father has admitted to molesting his own sisters, as well as someone outside the family.He has also admitted to being addicted to porn and visiting prostitutes. Now what court in this country would allow those grandparents to have control over those grandchildren when they still have a mother? No matter how difficult this is for Anna, her children, that she apparently desperately wanted, should come first. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone in that family including Anna should have those kids in their charge. CPS needs to step up & stop the Duggar's from constantly putting up picture of those kids, as if here in Duggarland: "It's a Wonderful Life," even if we don't know where their mother or father are currently residing. This entire scenario becomes worse everyday, even without any mention of the Dillards or Seewalds.

Ginger said...

Does anyone else think that Anna is suffering from post partum depression,( she certainly is entitled)& that Jim Bob & Michelle are doing her counseling? After all, Jim Bob & Michelle did all the pre-marital counseling for the married couples.

Just Me said...

I may be late to the game with these comments, but I have been re-reading comments back through September, & I am just as furious as Mindi in regard to Jill & Derick, claiming all this sacrifice, study & work needed for her to finally obtain her "CPM." I have gone through the same steps as Mindi to become a nurse. I don't know anyone who didn't need to be up by 5am in order to get to the Hospital for their practical part of the clinical training. The classroom work was just as difficult. Was Jill ever told as she was gathering up her books & heading home for the weekend, that she would need to present a paper on nutrition or various medications etc., by the following Monday. There goes the weekend. Then although Mindi didn't mention it, there is usually travel to hospitals in other areas for specialized training. My OB/GYN training was at a different hospital quite a distance away, so was my pediatric training. Believe me, I never would have made it on Duggar time. It really has me more than mad, I am just enraged about how they throw around these professional titles & refer to all their work & sacrifice. If Jill had been that involved in all her studies & clinical work she never would have found the time to travel to Nepal to meet someone she was in love with but had never met. I didn't have time for a phone call unless it was to a classmate for help with a problem or question I was having difficulty solving on my own. These people are such an insult to all those who truly did the work required, & will do it for them when they have an emergency situation, such as both Michelle & Jill have had.

Aunt Bea said...

Jim Bob and Michelle have absolutely no right to counsel Anna, if that's what they are doing as they are NOT professionally trained and even if they were, they are NOT neutral to the situation....they are Josh's parents which would preclude them from counseling Anna in the first place. If they were professionals, they would already know this. I certainly hope that they aren't counseling anyone. They simply aren't qualified to do so.

DOUBLE Misplaced Forgiveness said...

I would love to hear what a certified sex counselor has to say about Michelle's advice to 'always be available' for your husband,no matter how bad you are feeling,i.e.-utterly exhausted and or big pregnant,as she puts it

Cedric said...

Suggest every poster at this site, contact Arkansas CPS & advise or rather encourage them to investigate the Duggars specifically addressing lack of Education & perhaps nutritional issues.

Hazel said...

I fear mass contacting CPS without specific incidents is a waste of time. There is nothing reportable about the Duggars' diet especially not in Arkansas. They are within the state guidelines on education as far as I can tell. Yes, it's not what most of us would do, but that doesn't mean CPS can or will do anything.

glass dishes said...

Most people with a brain would just cease and decease with all the selfies and online pics of the kids and we are certainly tired of seeing their smug mugs. But I guess as long as they get some attention, they will keep it up. As far as knowing about all the births, births and more births, who cares? I am floored that they think they are the only ones giving births. Hey Duggars Get Real...happens all the time, which i am sure you all are clueless about...because its all about me me me for them. Talk about ignorant. But then it is the Duggars and they are pretty clueless, but yet they think they know soo much in their warped thinking. Their warped thinking is partly to blame for Joshy boy and his disgusting sickening behaviors. RUN ANNA RUN.....get the Heck Out .. Protect Your Children...protect your Daughters & yourself for goodness sake. Meeeeeechelles marriage talk is just plain Crap ...trying to make Anna feel like its her fault, what a load of crap ...the Fault is On Ma and Pa Duggar and Josh...as he knew better but just had to do what HE wanted without any regard for his wife or kids...like Jimboob ..Josh Pig is me me me and to hell with whats right and good. All the while preaching how he and his family lives to a higher standard. Just Sickening!!!

Dumb Duggars said...

Maybe it's just a regional expression, but I have never heard anyone refer to being, "big pregnant." Believe me, this statement doesn't apply to all the women in AR but it really sounds like,"hillbilly talk...big pregnant." This woman that gave Michelle all the wonderful advise that has made her marriage so successful is an idiot, either that or Jim Bob paid her off to give that great advise. As I think about that advise, I remember morning sickness 24hrs a day for 7 days a week for entire pregnancies. Believe me 3 wonderful sons were more than worth the sickness but no way could I have been joyfully available to my husband & he knew it. Any real man has the respect due his wife when she is ill & instead or being concerned about his needs he would worry about a wife that was so sick she required IV's in the home to maintain hydration & monitoring by the visiting nurse.

Stella said...

Source: People Magazine

Jill and Jess: Count on (sneak Peek)

http://www.people.com/article/jill-jessa-counting-on-sneak-peek-video



Nightmomma said...

I've been to one (trying to save my own marriage) and she says its a load of crap. The husband needs to respect his wife, marriage is a two way street. Wives have needs too and if she is exhausted, big and pregnant and uncomfortable then the husband should respect her and just cuddle. There is more to intimacy than sex and a healthy marriage is based on more than always being available.

Willow said...

Does anyone remember when Anna and her THREE kids were leaving D.C. to get on the plane and fly to Jessa's wedding by themselves? It seems I remember Anna saying they were going a couple (or few?) days early and she was flying alone with the kids because "Josh has some last-minute meeting(s)" ? If memory serves, she was explaining that she could manage the kids by herself o.k. because they were all so used to flying. Then, when we finally see Jessa's wedding, Josh (who was the M.C.) comes strolling into the church at the last minute in his cool shades. I hope someone else remembers this also. I remember I thought at the time that something just seemed off about all of that, especially since it was being filmed on camera for TLC. Last minute meeting? Didn't he know for months when Jessa's wedding would be? JB was waiting for him in the lobby of the church and seemed worried, like .. Josh, you finally made it.. Guess we can figure out now what that meeting MAY have been. Oh Josh, you are just not that good at all of this. Go back to the car lot and try to be a big fish in a little pond, b/c you won't make it as a big fish in a big pond.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps "big pregnant" is redneck-speak.

gen said...

I refuse to look at the People magazine articles anymore. Every time we do, we prove to them that there is still money in the Duggars. The best way to make them go away is to avoid reading the articles that glorify them.

Judy said...

Looks like there will be a lot of tears, naturally, in the new three part Jessa and Jill series...I assume that when they canceled the original show, this was in the works,

Always said...

RE: Willows comments about Anna & the children returning to AR for Jill's wedding, & Josh arriving home just in the nick of time to begin his act as Josh Hollywood, with his sunglasses on in the church, & then as master of ceremonies. I wrote about that then, & nobody seemed to think it strange that he kept his "shades" on during the entire ceremony. That was when he grabbed Anna out of the processional, & kissed her as though he had just been released from a long prison term. Yes, I remember him telling Jim Bob about his last minute meeting, that he couldn't get out of (take that anyway you want)I remember thinking.. it's your sisters wedding, it was planned in advance & you had a meeting you couldn't skip? Are you that important to the FRC Group?

Disgusted withTLC said...

I hope that viewers will let TLC & their sponsors have it big time. Don't they get it:NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THE DUGGARS....ANY OF THEM!!!

Auggie said...

Willow, I do remember Josh arriving last minute to Jessa's wedding. I thought Josh had said the meeting was booked months ago. I remember thinking Josh probably thinks his input is so important that he doesn't want to miss this meeting. In hindsight maybe it was just a way for Josh to have some time to get into trouble while Anna and the kids were away.

cat said...

So today they are reporting on the Duggar official facebook page that Jill and Derrick went back on their 'mission' but took along his mother! So my guess is TLC have gone with them to film for the show, dont understand why they wouldn't wait until Jessa had her baby, but I always felt there was competition between those two. It will be interesting to see when they fly home again..

peachykeen said...

ok I looked at the "dillard family blog" and there is a picture of jill and jessa and if you look at jessa's face she is like not there or something. It's hard to describe but kinda glassy eyed vacant look. That is the first time I have seen that. usually it is a smug look you get from her. also they got American airlines in the "family shot" Product placement?

The yellow sweater lives!

Concerned Teacher said...

As for Josh wearing shades indoors at his sister's wedding, I can think of a few reasons why he would do this:

He had an eye infection.
His eyes were extremely bloodshot.
He had a black eye.
He was stoned.
He couldn't bear having people look him straight in the eye.

With the exception of pink eye, the rest of the reasons mean he was up to no good prior to the wedding.

Andrea said...

Anyone else see Amy book selection on her instagram? His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair Proof Marriage. Really Amy? If you and your husband need a book like this you probably shouldn't be married.

Andrea said...

The following was written about Derrick and Jill's trip on Facebook: "It will be next summer before we plan to make a short visit back to the States again." Right . . . We are actually expected to beleive them? I bet something comes up and they're back in the US for a "short visit" in December right in time to collect Christmas gift.

Andrea said...

The photos from Jill and Derrick's departure confirm that Anna is back in Arkansas as she is pictured with Jill and Derrick. Also, very sad for Jenny. She was photographed crying, Josie and Jill were all smiles. How insensitive to Jenny. Peachykeen . . . couldn't find the photo of Jill and Jessa with Jessa being "kinda glassy eyed vacant look."

DOUBLE Misplaced Forgiveness said...

Re: Perhaps "big pregnant" is redneck-speak

That,or Michelle has a limited vocab and using descriptive words like 'heavily pregnant' is beyond her

Ellyn said...

Auggie, Josh so imprtant to the FRC made sure the cameras at Jessa's wedding filmed him boasting his self absorbed persona. My guess the "meeting" was not with the FRC but with the girl he was seeing. Just a guess but also a guy feeling. I am dubious about anything these Duggars say & do generally it's all puffed up & BS.

Bobbi said...

I continue my mission to email TLC about permanently removing every Duggar & spouse of a Duggar from returning to TV. I continue to encourage TLC & other media to Produce a documentary to Expose the despicable Gothard Cult for what the mission truly is. Thanks.

Chloe said...

Seriously doubt Josh's delay to attend Jessa's wedding was Not a Meeting with the FRC. I think it may have been a hookup. Just saying.

Living in Indy said...

I have chosen to boycot People magazine.

Special Ed Lady said...

Should Derrick's mother be going to a foreign country. I imagine after or during the cancer battle her immune system might be comprised.

Always said...

Yes Jill,your fans may have been shocked about the scandal involving Josh, but believe me the whole world wasn't. There are actually other things happening in the word daily, that don't involve the Duggar family.

Dar said...

Daily Mail has pictures of JimBob and Michelle and Jessa and Ben at a couples marriage counseling retreat. I suppose that will be one of the episode for the new show. Jessa and Ben have been for only one year. This is just so JimBob and Michelle can appear on their show.

Will Michelle and JimBob resort to anything to get back on television. Who is looking after their little children while they are away. It is about time, someone investigated this family. Do these people not realize how ridiculous they are. Do they think that anyone believes anything they say or do. Do they not realize that Michelle,s little girl voice is grating. Don't they know that JimBob is detestable? What can they possibly offer on this show. We are "on to them". They minimized what josh has done to their own daughters, how he cheated on his young wife. They should just stay home and look after the remainder of their children. They should let the married couples live their own lives.

I can just see Michelle now, telling how they came through a very bad experience, but god has made them stronger and closer than ever. I just could not stomach watching any more episodes with the Duggars.

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

I'm boycotting People mag as well.I was getting it free ever since my daughter went to a clinic;and actually after that,we have been getting several mags for free,such as US,also with the Duggars in them at times.That is because they need to meet their quota of sending them out for the sponsors and ads in them.
If this is happening to you,and you are getting scripts like US and People,or any with the Duggars in them at times,be sure to cancel,and if you feel so inclined,tell them why as well

Heart in Florida said...

With the revelations about their eldest son, Josh, past and present, I would think that Jim Bob and Michelle would feel the LEAST qualified in making any statements to others about how they should be living, what and how they "believe". These two need to be STUDENTS in a real, professional counselor's office and take notes from that professional, re-evaluate their whole belief system, lifestyle, and self proclaiming experts at all that is "family life".
They not noticing how ridiculous they are at this time, is telling that they have no common sense. They also self-deny very well. Keep quiet, Jim Bob and Michelle....from now on.

Aunt Bea said...

Some recent pictures of Anna have surfaced....my, oh my, has that girl changed! She looks great, has "Jana hair" now, lost weight, and her whole face looks different also...I wonder if she had a little "work done" as we haven't seen any photos of her at all since Famy's wedding? She also has perfected her teeth again...wonder if this if her attempt to look more attractive to Josh? I hope not, as he has problems deeper than Anna's facial features...We will probably never know what the truth is there.

Ruby said...

Anna looks great, she looks at peace and she looks like she has grown up a lot. I think living with sneaky, nasty Josh was a nightmare. I'm sure she knew something was wrong but couldn't put her finger on it. Ever had that feeling? Maybe she is stronger than many are giving her credit for--and for her sake and her children's sake I certainly hope so.

Denisean said...

In an article about Jessa and Jill's 'teaser' for their new special, the article stated about how they indicated that they are "not ready to forgive Josh". What? I thought they all "forgave him and moved on" years ago? They should get their story straight. I think what they really can't forgive is that his indiscretions made them lose their time in the spotlight.

I can feel for them in one aspect though- if I was a newlywed and was having my first baby, it would be quite upsetting to have some family scandal surround all that joy. Not talking about publicity, but even in your own private life. It's sad when times of joy are ruined by somebody else's drama.

kari said...

I know Anna looks so pretty, it is unbelievable. That girl manages to look better and better somehow. Good for her. And I hope Josh realizes what he did and what he may or (may not) lose!

Syndee said...

Where are the Anna pictures?

June Bug said...

Anna does look pretty..... I'm with you Aunt Bea, I hope its not her attempt to look more attractive to Josh. If you ask me he doesn't deserve the girl, she did nothing wrong. I also hope any wacky advice she might receive from her mother in law goes in one ear and out the other. In light of everything that has happened this year, Michelle really isn't in any position to be passing out advice. After all Michelle ,Jim Bob, and Josh are the ones who created this entire mess. Josh needs help, and that help should have been given many years ago instead of sweeping it under the rug, making light of the issue so you can move ahead and begin your own reality show, all the while pretending to the world that your something that you're not.

Just Plain Offended said...

I wonder if I'm the only person who is repulsed by the black and white closeup of Michelle and Jim Bob kissing where Michelle has her arm around his neck like in a steamy movie. I think it was during the Jessa and Ben kissing fiasco. Anyway, now that they're back to being speakers as marriage experts, I saw the photo online again. Ewww.

cat said...

Re: jill and Derrick come for short visit, I think if they really did go back, im not sure if i believe it, but thats the reason they took Cathy with them, perfect excuse to have to make a 'short trip home' they cant let his sick mom travel alone. I pray she didn't drink the Duggar kool-aid, but i think she did

Heart in Florida said...

Just Plain Offended: No, we were ALL repulsed at that black and white "sexy shot" of JB and Michelle kissing intimately. That was in poor taste, IMO, on their part. They simply did it to "show their support that Jessa wasn't wrong in posting that photo". They spoke without using words. It still was repulsive.

Cedric said...

Any time Michelle or creepy Jim Bob speak or engage in physical contact repulses me. These two are the Joke of America.

Chloe said...

Re Anna what a positive transformation. I hope this new make over is a plan to divorce Josh, remove her children from the Duggar compound & begin a new life. Anna deserves this new venture.

Roo Doo said...

Wait...they took his SICK mother to Central America????? She has CANCER. Even if she is in remission, she most likely needs care. And isn't she married, too? I know she isn't a Gothardite, but she left her husband to his own devices so she could take care of baby Izzy and do loads of laundry like Grandma Mary? Wouldn't this make her tainted in St. Jimbob's eyes?

KimmieH said...

Heart in FL: we can always count on Michelle & Jim Bob to be clueless especially about marriage counseling what a joke.

Almost said...

I feel sure that Anna has bee strongly advised to fix herself up & not look like some dowdy housewife. Fix yourself up Anna so poor Josh doesn't need to look elsewhere.

roddma said...

I'm no Duggar fan myself, but CPS won't get involved unless there's suspected neglect or abuse. Given that, something must have been really important for them to visit the Duggars back in the summer. The fact the Duggars wouldn't let them in to see the child they had concern for makes them look more suspicious.
CPS checks for signs of abuse, neglect, checks for food, and makes sure the property is safe.They don't go rambling in drawers for pills or other drugs.I read an article where one judge ordered the release of the 911 call that prompted the visit, but it's not Zimmerman,the one who ordered the police reports destroyed.

I'm not going to post a link here, but Derick recently caused a flap by saying he was babysitting Israel. Excuse me, Derick, you don't baby-sit your own kids. All it does is reinforce old gender roles of the mother being the primary caregiver.

Helen Crump said...

What I find amazing is that at the drop of a hat for many years now, Michelle sees no problem in bolting out the door to all these "appearances", classes, and leaves her younger children to the others to carry on yet again for her. I would think that she is an attention-craving "child-minded" young girl...and really doesn't want all those kids, nor the responsibility for each of them. I'm not saying that she resents her children outright, but IMO, she has underlying issues with responsibility and doesn't really want any. A real mother wouldn't leave them as often as she does without thought.
Also, the photos of Jenny upset at the airport with DerJil leaving, is quite telling. Michelle seems to be ignoring ANY needs of her younger children and really doesn't offer any comfort to them in the first place. If she did, those younger ones wouldn't be so attached to their "real care-givers", they'd be attached to their birth mother. Quite telling.
Can't DerJil go anywhere without a family member or friend going with them? How many times have they "returned for long term mission work" only to have Joy, the Bates girl, other missionary friends and now Cathy Byrum flyin with them? A goodbye parth is wasted on them, for there are NO real goodbyes.

London bridges said...

I assume that the sister-mommies and Grandma Duggar are in charge of the blessings while the others are at this marriage retreat. It must be nice to just plan these events and not have to worry about child care. What a responsibility to place on the sister-mommies and Grandma D. No amount of marriage retreats are going to solve the Duggars' problems. It's so sad that they refuse to absorb some very good advice on this blog. Many writers here have contributed solid advice, based on personal and professional experiences. JMHO as always.

Tammy C said...

About Derick saying he was babysitting many people from the south actually say they are babysitting their own children.


Go To Relationship Rehab?? What in the world is this supposed to be for Jim Bob and Michelle.

pretty girl said...

i was thinking about this. what is the day in the life of a duggar. what do these girls really do all day long. i would love to know how they spend there day since they seem to have so much time on their hands.

Cedric said...

Relationship rehab.. I can just visualize Michelle sitting next to her Wuderbar husband spewing advise in that condescending Minnie Mouse voice all the while beliving she's an expert about marriage & raising children. If Michelke were on my TV screen, I would actually toss a brick into the screen. That woman is such a phony & everything she says is just a huge really bad & pathetic Gothard advise built on a huge LIE!! Please Jim Bob & Michelle go away & take Josh with you.

Susie said...

I hope Anna didn't use the same dentist as Derick.

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

Re: If Michelke were on my TV screen, I would actually toss a brick into the screen.

That reminds me of Elvis;it is said he would shoot the tv with a gun if he didn't like what was on the screen.I can only imagine what he would have done had the Duggars been on back then.He probably would have blown it up.LOL

coleen said...

A recent bride presented her preacher father with a certificate of purity on her wedding day signed by a doctor to prove she was a virgin. Apparently, this is a trend in some Christian circles. I wonder if any future Duggar brides will present JimBob with a certificate?

Andrea said...

OMG . . . Certificate of Purity. 100% certain this will also become standard practice for the Duggars, always looking to one up the next. Did you see the Bride and Groom from this story? They actually appeared normal, I suppose photos can be deceiving. I predict a TLC series in their future. I'm really not kidding.

glass dishes said...

I know that DerickDillard had braces put on his big teeth, but whats going on with his jaw...it looks really strange. I used to think his teeth were odd looking, but his jaw isn't right it looks weird. Also what about his dark circles around eyes, he looks sickly. From the pic's of Anna, she is looking good...maybe this time away from her Pig Of a Husband
has done her good....Run Anna...Get Out..Save yourself and your children. Write a tell all book ...you would make a bundle and I'm betting there are tv stations that would run a spin off or tell all and you could be set for life money wise. GET AWAY FROM THE DUGGARS, They Just want to make you feel bad (when you are NOT at fault) They are at fault. Get out while the getttin's good! Think of your physical and mental health as well as your childrens. Wishing You All The Best Anna!

DOUBLE Misplaced Forgiveness said...

Anna had braces months ago;am presuming the treatment is done.She had the clear mouthpiece,Invisalign.
From what I understand in the medical field,there is really no way to tell for sure if a woman has had sex nor not,based on an exam

Heart in Florida said...

A Certificate of Purity? How humiliating! I also, would think that an ob/gyn's examination would render that "purity" broken....the physician must do a digital exam, doesn't he/she to determine that? What about the groom? There isn't a way to determine that, other than his word, so why isn't HER WORD good enough? We all know now that Anna got Josh as "her cup of spit", and probably knowingly accepted it..what's wrong with her father to approve of a "used Dixie cup" for his daughter?

Elspeth said...

The news gets out more and more about the Duggars:
http://www.inquisitr.com/2505953/duggar-family-homeschool-program-sued-for-sexual-abuse/

Denisean said...

Weird 'fun' fact- Was just reading an article about the Bates, and where the article read "Gil Bates", my brain read it as "Bill Gates". I just now realized the similarity there. It's weird because our brains can read properly even with letters jumbled around, so I had to stop and think about that for a second.

Houston said...

I have noticed in a multitude of pictures Michelle always has her phone in hand. I could understand this if her kids were at school and she needed to be contacted, but that is by no means the case here. I am also confident she is not surfing the internet. I concluded she has it in hand constantly just in case Jim Bob needs an urge fulfilled or a "woman" task needs to be taken care of, which would be delegated to one of the girls by Michelle. I suspect he is the type of person who expects her to always answer in just a few rings. If that is the case, in my world, he would spend a significant amount of time trying to extract it from colon.

Just Plain Offended said...

I couldn't help but laugh at Derick's comment that they are looking forward to the next few weeks being intense as they attend language school and become "fluent" in Spanish. Um, try three years of high school Spanish and you MIGHT be considered fluent. A friend's son has taken French every Saturday for ten years, spent five summers living in France and speaks French at home with his French grandmother. He has still not outgrown the last advanced French class at his high school where he reads novels in French and writes analytical essays in French. Now that's fluent. No doubt Derick's idea of fluent is to carry on a simple conversation about God with a Spanish speaking person who also speaks some English. Derick, you are such a disappointment. You really had me fooled at first, but you showed your true colors when you married Jill so fast and you tried to run over a cat with your sled.

Heart in Florida said...

Double Misplaced Forgiveness: I believe that one "can tell" if a female is a virgin or not by a digital exam, via the hymen. A trained physician knows what to feel when they digitally exam, and therefore would not be able to penetrate as far digitally. I have to admit; wouldn't this group of people think that someone's fingers "down there" constitute not being pure? They are baffling to me and are a myriad of contradiction. Hope this helps.

Just Wondering said...

We still continue to hear bout the baby the Duggars lost because of the birth control pill, this was after their first pregnancy with Josh. Has anyone ever thought that perhaps dingbat Michelle didn't follow the instruction re:the use of the pill?

Chloe said...

JW, OMG yes, I bet Michelle couldn't follow even the most simple directions of when & how to take the BCP. Taking the "pill" is not rocket science. I was on the pill & took the same time every day. Never experienced a problem. Michelle, it's called managing ones life. But you wouldn't know about that.

Just ME said...

I can't help but laugh at Derick's comments about becoming "fluent in Spanish." My daughter studied Spanish beginning in JR High then 4 yrs. in High School, followed by 4 yrs. majoring in Spanish in college, then a year at the University of Seville. That's in Spain Derick & that's how you learn to become fluent in Spanish,& all the various dialects. You can also get a good job as an interpreter when you're this educated in a language. It's also particularly helpful if you wish to do missionary work.

Syndee said...

That overuse of the word "sweet" just drives me nuts.

From a yahoo article about Jessa sharing ultrasound photos: "I'm thinking #BabySeewald will be a sweet mix of the two of us! What do you think? Just 10 more days till baby's due date," the 22-year-old reality star captioned the sweet shot.

Ellyn said...

Once Derick married Jill it was if he forgot what he learned at OK State U. Basically Derick has officially dumbed down & bought into the delusionment of the Duggars. It's very sad to watch one waste a college education. However since we are all very aware tha Jim Bob despises education, perhaps Derick dumbing down is a ploy to gain the approval of creepy narcissistic Jim Bob. My question is why???

Cedric said...

Here's a suggestion for Jill & Derick... Since the two believe they are missionaries (right), & they continue soliciting for $$ funds, why not go to the man they really worship Bill Gothard & ask for money. After all, the Dillards are in Central America Doin their best to separate Cathokics & brainwash them into the sick, pathetic Gothard Cult. I mean Bill Gothard should be more than willing to provide funding for his own cause & Cult. Just a thought.

pretty girl said...

i just want to say that the duggar family keeps saying they want to adpot a child also jessa and ben want to adpot a child. i personal do not think this will ever happen. they do not want outsiders telling them what to do and they do not want problem children so I do not ever see thing happening. they want to put a good show on for the world but we know it will not happen.

Heart in Florida said...

Yes, at this point the Dillards have become somewhat of a joke. I agree that it appears as if Derick has wasted his already paid college education, has dumped a good situation of employment at WalMart, is risking the health and well-being of his young family living in Central America at this time in life; doesn't really have a life plan. If they did, their planning for and THEN, ACTION would be logical and understandable..two things which haven't been.

I also am very tired of their limited vocabulary..."blessing, precious, sweet, little ones, encourage..etc". I can't believe that I just typed that, but they really need to learn how to speak English and use a thesaurus.

Yes, also it seems that Jim Bob and Michelle do NOT believe in real education and it's illogical of them to have approved Derick for any of their daughters. Don't these two idiots think that it was a very good thing that Miss Cathy has an education and WAS USING IT with the terrible event of losing her husband? What would they have done if her household had followed the Gothard principles? There IS a lot of good that Jill can learn from her mother-in-law, if she realizes these things when she grown up one day. I believe that the Dillard/Byrum household is head and shoulders above the Duggar household in stability, organization and security.(and I don't know much about that household, but it's plain to see).
I also agree that NONE of the Duggars will ever adopt. It goes against their belief system and they are all talk. Jessa's parents should have never been given as an inspirational example of perfection by Jessa since she was talking about adopting....something her parents have failed to do themselves and actually SHOW example in that regard. A myriad of contradiction if you ask me...and Jessa, please go to school for English grammar.

Marie said...

I recently saw a wedding photo of Josh and Anna and never realized how much weight those 2 have gained. Anna; I understand... She has had 4 pregnancies on top of each other but Josh...he must have put on 100 lbs!!

pretty girl said...

law and order will do a esp about a reality family. sounds like duggars hers a promhttps://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/first-look-law-order-svu-214700604.html

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

Ellyn,there is money in Derick dumbing down and playing for JB and the show right now.Once that's gone,one would hope he and Jill will like,totally grow up.Get a real job and keep it,Derick.Offer some stability to your home.
I totally hope Jill will not be expecting again for like,quite a while

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

Marie,I think Josh certainly indulged in more ways than one,didn't he! Perhaps he needs counseling for food addictions as well

Olive said...

Joy-Anna is going to be 18 on October 28. We can only hope she will be the one to flee.

Roo Doo said...

So...Israel is now approximately six months old. Any bets as to when the next Dillard bun will be announced? That whole family is so intent on bucking doctor recommendations (like MEchelle adding her breast milk to lactose-intolerant Josie's bottles and the whole string of back to back pregnancies) I would expect Jill to follow suit and not follow the 18 months to 2 year recommended wait after a cesarean.

I predict a December announcement. If it doesn't happen then, it will be in May, a month after Israel's birthday. At least then, she can say she waited a year to ensure the safety of the pregnancy and herself.

Any guesses?

jlp said...

I am one of 8-siblings - all adopted and there is no way Duggars (any of them) would be approved for the adoption process plus the cost is outrageous. Duggars would not pay for that.

coleen said...

Josh or Josiah sold a broken drone on eBay. And the buyer isn't happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDQVRVrZq3c

Ellyn said...

Yes good one. Perhaps if Josh begins a regime of healthy nutrition he may lose his "Pillsbury Dough Boy" image. With the way in which the Duggars prepare meals. (The Duggar pantry contains a plethora of canned food) I don't see Josh breaking old eating habits & then some!

KatieP said...

Re Jill; like I totally like I like get it like. Thanks like.

KimmieH said...

A thought..So Jill & Derick are enrolled in language school. Why didn't these two attend language school before entering the mission field as that would have been a smart & logical plan. Jill & Derick are the epitome of immaturity & God help them they are now parents. With regard to his famiky, Derick has made so definite poor decisions. I am still amazed that college grad Derick dumbed down when he married Jill & into the Dumb Duggar family especially the idiot Jim Bob Duggar.

Chloe said...

Coleen, I don't know which Duggar male sold the broken drone but I am not surprised. These Duggar males probably believe the buyer should be grateful & ecstatic to purchase anything regardless if broken or not from the Duggars. This proves how incredibly delusional the Duggars continue to be & it's disgusting.as are the Duggars!!

Bobbi said...

Jip absolutely the Duggars or rather self appointed Saint Jim Bob is Way Too Cheap to begin the process of adoption. Jim Bob is all about Jim Bob & his greedy obsession with money regardless of how he attains it or hurts. Yet TLC seems to laud the Duggars. This is why I continue to email TLC encouraging them to cease any production of shows featuring the Duggars. There is nothing remotely interesting about any Duggar or their spouses. I would rather watch grass grow.

Ellyn said...

Jill will do what Jill wants. Jill believes as a "pseudo" midwife (right), Jill with her limited education knows more than a trained physician. After all Jill & her siblings at every career in the USA these Duggars are delusioned legends in their own mind. These Duggars are so annoying & irritating!!!

roddma said...

"What I find amazing is that at the drop of a hat for many years now, Michelle sees no problem in bolting out the door to all these "appearances", classes, and leaves her younger children to the others to carry on yet again for her"
I'm careful of putting all the parental care on Michelle. She has a husband named Jim Bob who can kiss booboos and tend to a sick child as good as her and several sons old enough to help, but I guess the sister moms do that.

The thing is what parents of any gender traipses around the world leaving an infant child born a preemie who could get sick at any time? When they had chicken pox, I recall Jinger saying childcare wasn't Jim Bob's jurisdiction, though he was tending the kids. He handed Josie to Jinger when she needed a diaper change. Though Michelle seems detached from the kids, it's outdated to assign primary caregiver to the mother and label the father as incapable of doing the same things. JB needed to change the child himself.

As for Michelle using birth control correctly as mentioned, birth control shouldnt be just a female responsibility. Though the Pill is 99% effective, the male needs to do their part.

Re: Elvis Shotting TV

I doubt if he would even watch the Duggars and these days, he wouldnt have a tv left.

Missy said...

I hope she will but where would she go.. She has been so isolated she may not know where to go..initially she would need someone local to get her out of there...to feed her and provide her with shelter until a plan could be worked out...

Roo Doo said...

It makes me wonder if one of the decision makers at TLC isn't a Gothardite. Or, maybe, somehow related to the Duggars. The only thing fascinating about these people is their continued ability to buck authority and circumvent the system. They are a train wreck.

Roo Doo said...

After my first cesarean, my doc basically forbade me to have another pregnancy before two years. She told me the risks and I only had to hear it once to put the fear of Jesus in me. I waited a total of six years because I have big babies and I wanted to be sure. MEchelle (from what I recall) did not wait more than six months between Jana/John David and Jill. How incredibly dangerous!!! It just doesn't cease to amaze me how these people just skate along. Josie's prematurity and MEchelle's eclampsia wasn't even a wake up call to them! I just hope the other Duggar ladies have more sense.

Roo Doo said...

IF they do try to adopt, it would have to be a private adoption, with the birth mother being hand-selected and Jim Bob as donor so the baby could be a "real" Duggar. And to assure that the mom is wholesome enough to carry Duggar spawn. They won't adopt an older kid, who has been "tainted" by the world or the sins of the mother. Bleech. And MEchelle's baby addiction won't permit it.

Roo Doo said...

For those who brought up the "purity test", I found an interesting article on Slate that said, basically, that it's impossible to prove without a doubt that a woman is "pure" based solely on the condition of her hymen. IF it can be felt at all through exam. Or even found. It's not a covering, as many would believe. And it's stretchy. And any doc who attests to a woman's purity solely through an exam is a quack and has no business conducting or attesting to the results of such exams, IMHO. And parents who have as strong an interest in their daughter's sexual status as to request or even CONDONE such an exam need their heads examined. Raise your kids the best way you can, help them become productive members of society, and stay the heck out of their sex lives.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/10/21/bride_s_certificate_of_purity_isn_t_true_proof_of_virginity_the_hymen_test.html

If this broaches TMI, please edit as you see fit.

Katie's Mom said...

RooDoo, Thanks for acknowledging the fact that Michelle did indeed add breast milk to her lactose intolerant baby's bottles. I remember one of the first times Josie was left in Jill's care, & as she prepared the bottle she said out loud how many "cc's" of breast milk were added to the special formula. Michelle was absolutely wild when told that the baby would not be able to be breast feed because the baby was lactose intolerant. I couldn't believe it when I saw that they were giving her breast milk anyway. You have an extremely frail infant & after all the special care she received to keep her alive, Michelle just did what she wanted to do when she got her home. We all saw Michelle pumping the breast milk & all of it stored up in the freezer. I wonder if they donated that to the hospital, as they said they were going to, or did they sell it to the parents of the babies that needed it?

Theresa said...

I have no more hope that anything will change with the duggars. Anna will not divorce josh. He will come back from fake rehab and the whole family will be all smiles. The new duggar spin off will morph miraculously back into 19 kids and counting. Jill and Derrick will continue their fake mission. None of the adult kids will leave, and will drown their sorrows in the kool aid. There will be no education, jobs, or any thing productive in their lives. And the fans will eat it all up. Im done.

Just Plain Offended said...

At first, I believed that Derick "dumbed down" after connecting to the Duggars, but I no longer do. I think he was, and is, dumb as a post, just like JB and M. Getting through college is an achievement to be sure, but plenty of people with limited smarts have graduated from college.

For example, in the last year, Derick has shown himself to be 1) irresponsible when he accepted a salaried position with Walmart and quit almost immediately. 2) Impulsive when he married a girl he barely knew and became a father ASAP and without a steady job. 3) Manipulative when he contacted JimBob as a prayer partner. Really? Yeah, right. I'm sure he was just after a famous, cute Duggar girl and he didn't care which one as long as he got one. 4) Dishonest when he wrote that he and Jill were "commissioned" as missionaries when they were not. 5) Unethical when he and Jill spent donor funds on frivolous items without any accountability. 6) Self-centered when he goofed off in Nepal while pretending to be a missionary or a student working without a visa. 7) A freeloader when he lived in a house provided by his father-in-law. 8) Reckless when he took his wife and baby "overseas" (another lie) where he pretends to be a missionary even though he has no formal education for that job.

Jill and Derick? A perfectly matched set.

Always said...

Re:Just Plain Offended remarks about Derick. You certainly have hit the nail on the head. I'm sure that others can think of other ridiculous things he's done ever since he arrived on scene, but I can't & I'm not bothering to try. Really enough said about Jill & Derick. Hard to believe that even with Jim Bob's help, in this entire world, these two idiots found each other & are now blessing the world with their offspring.

no1 said...

New Theory Re: Derick: Isn't it true that he worked at Walmart for about one year? Many big companies have a one year probationary period for new employees. I wonder maybe if Derick wasn't quite working out. That would account for many of the VERY hasty decisions made in a short amount of time. Just a thought I've had that I've gone back to given Derick's behavior of late. We'll never know the quality of Derick's actual work at Walmart, but I can infer . . .

Roo Doo said...

Katie's Mom, that really angered me when she so utterly and completely disregarded doctor's orders to steer clear of breast milk. And Jill blindly followed the assenine orders!!! MEchelle's own interests came before everyone else's, including her own frail daughter. It makes me ill to think about it. "I know better than a college educated doctor with 40 years of experience because I AM MICHELLE DUGGAR!!!"

Mary said...

Hi

I do not think Josh is in rehab and has never been. I do believe He and Anna are maybe in Florida at some stupid Quiver or Gordard place. They are fixing Anna to make he husband stop his sexual desires. I also believ like father like son

Bobbi said...

These Duggars are just an incredible Disaster on sooooo many Levels they are soooo messed up. However & generally their behavior is indicative of people invoked within a sick Cult. The brainwashing of this depraved Gothard Cukt & the brainwashing is horribly amazing. Amazing that. Any human would allow themselves to stop thinking (Jim Bob) & allow a Cult such as Gothard to control their lives. Cults are frightening, dangerous, scary & generally objectify, minimize & exploit women.

Willow said...

I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason Derick left Wal Mart was that Jill just could not stand him being gone to work all day. She wanted him home with her and she wanted her way. The Duggars are selfish, lazy and indulgent. Regarding Michelle and the breast milk - I wonder what Josie's doctors thought of that and did they allow it? She is a real piece of work - as we all know of course. I wish someone who might know would come forward and tell us about Michelle's childhood and her dynamic with her birth family.

Ellyn said...

There is nothing smart or logical about Jill & Derick.

Michelle said...

no1, You have a point there. Maybe Derrick wasn't working out at Wal-Mart. He might have been taking too much time off or maybe his boss got tired of clingy Jill always being around and distracting him. I originally thought he might have made such hasty decisions after the first Josh scandal in order to escape and get Jill away, but that obviously was not it since they have been back to the states so much.

Syndee said...

I'm sure of the Walmart thing, that he got "let go." Any other reason to leave a good job like that does not make sense.

Arkie said...

He did not get let go. I know that for a fact. Don't spread rumors.

Arkie

Syndee said...

You know that for a fact as much as I do, unless you're Derrick yourself. Since they reveal so little about themselves everything here is rumors, speculation, discussion. If you have a special insight into the family you should let us know how.

Grabbit said...

Some website had an article stating Jessa broke the Duggar rules (ooh what could she have possibly done?)...by having guys at the baby shower. YAWN!
Such a disappointment!

gen said...

It is possible that Walmart politely offered him to quit, with a confidential financial incentive, after the first scandal because they did not want to be associated with this mess. In such a case, Derrick would most likely have to sign a non-disclosure agreement forbidding him to talk about it. If he talked, he would have to payback the amount, probably with penalty. Since his wife is one of the identified victims, Walmart would get a lot of attention by association, but not in a good way considering the family's reaction to the molestation makes no logical sense.

Girlfriend said...

I didn't remember this old picture of the Duggars before Jennifer was born : http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/cbb/2007/06/09/070608161317_cbb_3.jpg

Jessa's style has come a looooooooong way.

Poor Jana...Those tops she has on.
John-David's jeans look like Jim Bob's old ones. (I thik Jim Bob left his old cell phone attached to them.)

Someone tell Jill Duggar Dillard that for those of us with huge feet wearing a bit of a heel can give the illusion the the feet aren't so big. (Actually this is one time I thought Jill looked sort of cute in the face.(Not talking about that hair).

Girlfriend said...

Houston said...

I have noticed in a multitude of pictures Michelle always has her phone in hand. I could understand this if her kids were at school and she needed to be contacted, but that is by no means the case here. I am also confident she is not surfing the internet. I concluded she has it in hand constantly just in case Jim Bob needs an urge fulfilled or a "woman" task needs to be taken care of, which would be delegated to one of the girls by Michelle. I suspect he is the type of person who expects her to always answer in just a few rings. If that is the case, in my world, he would spend a significant amount of time trying to extract it from colon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


ROFL! Good one Houston.

Carole said...

There is no way any company would fire a person because their wife is a molestation victim and the fact was made public. I do believe, however, that it's more than likely he was asked to resign for his continued absences. His taking off whenever he felt like it had to stoke a lot of resentment from the people who had to cover for him, especially his boss who would have had to deal with the grief. Not to mention that allowing him to take unpaid days off (they certainly wouldn't pay him for that many) to accommodate his second job could be used against them by others (meaning discrimination suits) who may want to exceed their allotted time for their personal reasons.

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

I agree,I think Walmart got tired of Jill always hanging around,and she was likely irritating Derick and everyone there.
I suspect Josh is holed up at the Duggar compound,along with Anna and their kids.Any counseling he gets includes Anna,and esp. Anna,done by JB and M and directed at her.JMO

Always said...

RE:Willow's comment about whether Michelle's DR's knew about her giving Josie the breast milk. That took place way after Josie was released from the hospital in Little Rock & she was at home in the Duggar compound far away from Little Rock. So whether or not they knew anything about it, might just be if they themselves saw the same episode we did. It seemed that Josie was seeing several different DR's after they returned to the Duggar home. Michelle would never admit to giving her the breast milk,it was when Jill was babysitting Josie for the first time alone & just the camera crew was in the house, when Jill was carefully mixing the formula & mentioned out loud how much of each ingredient she was putting in the bottle, including the number of cc's of breast milk. I think Michelle probably thought that would go right over the heads of the viewers.

Always said...

Unless Anna had everyone fooled, it seemed to me that no matter how tired she was, or how "big pregnant," she was, she appeared to always be ready to fulfill Josh's wants & needs. I have no idea if Jim Bob & Michelle are blaming Anna for Josh's addiction to porn or for cheating on his wife who appeared to always be there for whatever his needs were, but I know one thing for sure, they have absolutely no right to give any counsel or put any blame on Anna. I think she did everything she was taught that a good wife should do & look where it got her. I put the blame first on Jim Bob & Michelle, & then on the Kellers. As far as Josh goes that a whole different story. I really despise him, but I also realize that he followed what he was taught in the Duggar home & we all know who the patriarch of that home is.

Ellyn said...

Jill. & Jessa would make Christ cry.

Chloe said...

Must remember, Derick is Jill's very first boyfriend & now husband. Until Derick showed up, Jill & remaining Duggar girls completely starved for make attention. The fact that IDIOT Duggar parents prevented them from dating was damaging & did not allow these Duggar girls to mature as a normal teen then into young adults. Jill's behavior is indicative of a young girl with a crush. Example.. Jill's serious lack of vocabulary, social skills & manners. No spouse who's developed etiquette & respect for a spouses workplace would ingratiate themselves on a daily basis showing up & interrupting a spouse at work. No person that I know would or has engaged in that improper & disrespectful behavior. I blame the Duggar parents because the isolation of their daughters was cruel & a stupid plan. However we must realize the dumb rules the Duggar parents follow were established by the insane & pathetic Gothard Cult.

KimmieH said...

I just don't believe that Jill Dillard has both oars in the water. I mean look at past behavior. Jill saying she's in love with a man she's never met. Then when Derick returned from Nepal Jill's behavior at the airport was infantile. Why bring the entire Duggar family with signs, etc.. Derick's brother Daniel looked as if he had entered a family of Nuts & he did. Jill is just very immature & was raised to be immature. Limited education, purposeful isolation by the dumb Duggar parents. I hope one day, Derick wises up & realizes he married beneath him.

Sunday said...

Actually, that last picture of Anna that surfaced had her looking happy and relaxed. Maybe that meant that Josh, the giant fifth child, wasn't there and Anna had some semblance of peace.

no1 said...

In terms of speculating about Derick and the one-year probationary period. Yes, I am JUST speculating. I wanted to add that at organizations I've worked, the employee can be let go at any point prior to the end of the probationary period. You don't need to necessarily show cause. That said, most bosses or supervisors will work with the new employee if there are problems and develop improvement plans, etc.

Given all the recent poor judgment Derick has shown with his virtual begging bowl, lack of fiduciary responsibility with how donations are used, etc., if Derick really did simply quit and I were his Walmart supervisor I'd feel as though I dodged a bullet.

Girlfriend said...

Anonymous Carole said...

There is no way any company would fire a person because their wife is a molestation victim and the fact was made public. I do believe, however, that it's more than likely he was asked to resign for his continued absences. His taking off whenever he felt like it had to stoke a lot of resentment from the people who had to cover for him, especially his boss who would have had to deal with the grief. Not to mention that allowing him to take unpaid days off (they certainly wouldn't pay him for that many) to accommodate his second job could be used against them by others (meaning discrimination suits) who may want to exceed their allotted time for their personal reasons.

10/27/2015 3:23 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Very good points. Thank you!

Tammy C said...

My theory about Josh was he was asked to resign so that the place wouldn't look bad about getting rid of him plus if he quits no benefits.My thought about him was the molestation was the last straw.We have discussed this before over many times about his reasons being late for the Jessa and Ben wedding.If that was a lie that was on TV then he would have been caught in a lie.When that happened he probably was put on probation.

I would love to know about Derrick if someone knows the truth .Better to know the truth then guessing.

FUnny comment Houston about the cellphone.

Andrea said...

"Jessa's style has come a looooooooong way." Please, dig up photos of most people at age 14 and they not going to be flattering photos. What's scary is John David and Josh having thinning hair at such a young age.

nancyr said...

Tammy C, it's impossible to determine whether Derrick was fired or laid off or whether he resigned from his headquarters accounting job at Walmart. Each of those three possibilities is plausible.

Walmart, whose profits are down, laid off 50 headquarters employees in January 2015 and another 450 headquarters employees earlier this month. Those 500 laid off employees represent 3% of its headquarters workforce, and Derrick could easily have been one of them.

Since Derrick worked in Accounting, he would have been privy to the earliest information about Walmart's deteriorating financial condition. He may have been offered and accepted a financial package for employees who voluntarily resign.

It's also possible that Derrick was simply fired for missing too much work or another performance related reason.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2015/10/02/wal-mart-lays-off-500-workers-at-headquarters

Postit said...

Why do they post birthday wishes on social media for the kids that don't even have social media accounts?

Denisean said...

Just an FYI, lactose intolerant people can have small amounts of "regular" dairy, hence the use of a small amount of breast milk mixed in with formula for Josie, which is why it had to be carefully measured. Lactose intolerance is just that- you don't have a high tolerance for lactose, but you can have it in small amounts. It's not like an allergy, where you can't have it at all.

Due to the large amounts of milk an infant consumes, that is too much lactose for them to "tolerate". Usually as kids get older and don't consume as much milk, they "outgrow" this intolerance- which isn't really outgrowing it, but they just don't drink gallons and gallons of milk per week like when they were babies, and so can better tolerate the amount of lactose they consume.

Also, the intolerance can lead to vomiting or a lot of gas, but again, it's not like an allergy where the substance can cause sickness or death if consumed.

(not defending the duggars, but just clarifying fact)

Bet said...

TLC's ratings would go through the roof if they had a no hold's barred interview with the Duggars. Of course, the Duggars would not participate, but if they would, what question would you want asked if you knew they had to answer. And that the interviewer would not let them avoid.

June Bug said...

Why do they post birthday wishes on social media for the kids that don't even have social media accounts?

It gives them an excuse to post something. The Duggars/Dillards/Seewalds post anything and everything....Why? Because they are still the attention seeking people they have always been. They can't stand the thought of cameras not rolling every single day. They think the entire world is in deep mourning because the show was cancelled. Fingers crossed that the Jill and Jessas specials are a total FLOP. I hope its the worst ratings ever for TLC.

Annie said...

I have been reading the comments about JimBob. It makes me laugh that a grown man is still called JimBob. Anyway, he has been called dimwitted, dumb etc. I have thought about this quite a bit and I don't think that he is. Manipulative, slick, cunning and sex-driven maybe, but not dimwitted. There was an episode a few years ago where he gave business tips and advice on how to save money on purchases. For example, when one makes larger purchases such as tires or appliances one should always ask for something free to be thrown in. Usually the business is happy to comply. This is actually true and is sound advice. My husband does this and we always get free stuff with big purchases. He also said to ask for discounts in hotels and to get them to give the "walk out the door" price for the room. This will work, my parents have done this for years. Hotels will give discounts than lose business. Now understand, I can't stomach the man and am not defending him, I am merely pointing out that he isn't dimwitted or an idiot. He wouldn't have conned a country into watching his "pious" family for years nor could he keep his family under his thumb if he were. He is cunning and snake like, but that is different than dimwitted. Cunning is dangerous and unpredictable, dimwitted is easier to handle. He knows how to handle to cameras and so does Joshie.

I remember another episode where the clan was loading on the bus (probably in order of age) and Crazy eyes was getting on wearing that strap on nursing pillow with some baby attached and JB commented on gorgeous she was. Then he said something like he couldn't believe that she had given birth to 18 blessings and another one would probably coming along soon. The look she gave him should have dropped him dead. I guess my point is, he is weird, sex-starved, oily, creepy and patronizing but not really dimwitted and he does know how to work a crowd. Now he is all of the above but in panic mode. That is scary to me as it affects his family even more.

My question is how did they find out about the whole Gothard thing to begin with? They didn't start their married life living that lifestyle. who's idea was it and I wonder if Michelle had to be "sold" on it. I know I would have to be.

DOUBLE Misplaced Forgiveness said...

Annie,I'm not sure,but Michelle said they saw a family with very well-behaved kids,and wanted their kids to behave like that as well.I think that's how she said they got into ATI.
It might have been the Holt family.I'm not sure though.If they were in ATI,they don't seem to be now (?)

Always said...

RE: Denisean's comment about lactose intolerance. It doesn't matter that it's true that there is the difference between an allergy, & an intolerance, it's just not something you take upon yourself to do because it's what you want to do with a frail infant, when God only knows how many DR's nurses & other specialist have worked around the clock just to keep that baby alive in a special unit of the hospital the NICU. It's ridiculous just so you can say all your babies had your breast milk. Michelle was giving that baby breast milk because that's what she wanted to do regardless of what the DR's told her. In her case the DR actually did say:NO BREAST MILK!

Concerned Teacher said...

In response to Bet's comment about a no-holds-barred interview with the Duggars. I think that would be ratings gold, too. The only thing is, I don't think the Duggars are capable of such an interview. They aren't allowed to really feel or think, so what would they say beyond the canned responses they always give? Perhaps there are a few Duggars who are not quite as indoctrinated and could actually respond with truthful, thoughtful answers. But Jim Bob and Michelle would never allow them to speak that way on camera. What a sad, sorry life they live.

Wampascat said...

Annie, I believe their involvement began when they attended a financial freedom seminar that is connected to Gothard. I believe the man's name who did the seminar was Sammons. They had a link for that on their website. The crazy kept growing from there.

Meme said...

Annie, I agree that JBob is cunning. On one episode he was speaking to the camera about dropping a lot of money in a store, then he flashed his cat-who-ate-the-canary grin and stated something like, "but I got a big discount." I remember being enraged because the family was already VERY wealthy.
As for Jill and Derick, do ya'll ever get the idea that this family, along with the new in-laws, is just so USED to not working that they are gonna milk this thing as long as possible? If you were Ben or Derick wouldn't your pride keep you employed? Or your responsibilities as a father? Hope Jim Bob likes all of the in-laws cause it sure looks like he's gonna be supporting them all. With the funds brought in by peddling his family, that is.

lizzy10 said...

Always, I was not a regular viewer, so could you please tell me what episode showed a doctor telling them not to use any breast milk, ever? I don't support their lifestyle, Gothard sounds like a nut that any sane person would avoid, but adding a few cc's of breast milk to a preemies formula isn't unheard of or never done. I pity their children, all of them. They never had a chance. Anyone expecting a "kiddo" to run doesn't understand cults. Poor kids.

Rob said...

To continue the point Always just made "In her case the DR actually did say:NO BREAST MILK!" Michelle went so far as to tell the doctor her breast milk was like "Skim milk for babies" and therefore very safe. After which the doctor appeared very frustrated with her for imposing her theory above his medical knowledge and judgment.

Living in Indy said...

Rob well ya know, the Duggars continually appoint themselves as Teachers (a joke), concert pianists, lawyers & now Michelle believes she's a Doctor. So I guess Michelle went to the Cliff Notes Medical School. Michelle is just not an intelligent person. When I follow the advice of my Doc, I akways heal quickly & feel better. I think it's really playing Russian Roulette with ones health especially when a Doc advises to cease giving breast milk to a child that began their life as a preemie. Michelle has the brains of a GNAT. A Gnat is probably smarter.

Bobbi said...

Meme, obviously "milking" TLC or any network is the chosen career of the Duggars. It must be exhausting wondering whether or not they will return to TV. Surely the Duggars must now realize that the majority of former viewers have their Number & are not interested in the Boring & Dirty Duggars returning to TV. They have Zero Credibility & Clearly they Are Not A Ministry but a CULT!!

KimmieH said...

Always, Michelle only listens to Jim Bob. Because Michelle chose to Ignore Dr's orders, this tells me she only cared about what she wants & to heck with the child. On a daily basis, Michelle demonstrates her lack of parental caring & responsibilities because as soon as she can, Michelle will transfer parenting to the older Duggar daughters aka the stupid "Buddy" system. The younger Duggar kids growing up with zero maternal love & contact. Also in front of the TLC cameras Michelle is a lousy actress & does not convince anyone about her Mothering of which she hasn't a Clue. I despise both Michelle & Jim Bob they just need to go away.

Cedric said...

Can someone please provide an explanation as to why the Duggars never mention their commitment to Gothard? Why is Gothard always in background photos at the Bates weddings & the Duggar weddings? Isn't that cowardly behavior? If the Duggars are so enamored with Gothard to the point of worshipping this creep, why not mention Gothard? Why do the Bates & Duggars make Gothard out to be some big mystery? Any answers or comments much appreciated. Thank you.

KatieP said...

Bet, I would definitely ask the Duggars.. Why won't you come clean about your commitment too the Gothard cult because everyone knows your family is embedded within this heinous cult.

Willow said...

Rob: I remember very well the incident you described about "skim milk for babies". Michelle usually is just so spacey-acting; like she is a robot whose speaking voice is turned on with a switch. No matter how long we have known this, it is still so mind-boggling!! She has an amazing way of filtering out the real world and just believing what is in her bubble.

Sharla said...

I know it's tough to come up with new material until the new shows air, but please do so or refrain from commenting. Repeating the same message doesn't change anything and gets boring to people to read. Thanks! Jessa's baby will be here soon enough.

Meme said...

Michelle living inside her bubble is right, Willow. I remember the first time I saw a pic of her, I assumed that the family was Pentecostal (no offense to Pentecostals) due to the hair and style of dress. How on earth does a man get a woman to change her style that much, her beliefs about birth control, her personality? What does she SEE in him that I am missing?! I am craaazy about my husband but I'd strap him to a shrink's chair if he ever suggested that I become a brood mare.
Oh, Lord, one last thing which just came back to me right now. Remember when Boob bragged to the impoverished family in San Salvadore that he had 19 children, yuck yuck? That's when he confirmed his insanity. I believe that every single childbirth reinforced his "manhood." And he couldn't refrain from bragging, even to a starving family who had just BURIED a child.

Auggie said...

The Quiverfull/Gothard way is for the married women folk to stay at home. They seem to believe that everything that is wrong in the world today is due to women abandoning their 'true' position of wife & mother and entering the work force. I believe it is ok for them to have at home businesses, if they can manage them. But we all know husband comes first. I'm not sure how speaking engagements for Michelle and Jessa fit into this, except that it would promote the Gothard lifestyle, and I'm sure that's always seen as a positive action.

As for the men, they are strongly discouraged from working for anyone and are expected to be self employed. I think it would be difficult for Ben & Derrick to start their own businesses and still keep their wives in the lifestyle to which they've become accustomed (TLC $).

So the Duggar girls getting real jobs outside the home.....not likely to happen. And the Duggar/Dillard/Seawald boys getting jobs working for someone else.....not likely to happen.

Marie said...

I'm sure since Josie is still alive and appears normal that Michelle feels she knew best!

Always said...

Re:Izzy10 question about what episode Michelle was told no breast milk for Josie. I can't remember the exact episode as it as when Josie was in the NICU. After many test the DR that was the head of the NICU told Michelle that they now knew that a major problem for Josie was that she had an extremely delicate digestive system. The DR then told Michelle that Josie could not have any breast milk. I had forgotten that she told him that her breast milk was like "skim milk" so no problem. The DR who was the head of the NIICU appeared vey frustrated with Michelle & tried to calm her, by telling her how much good all the milk she had stored for Josie would do for other babies in the NICU, who were in need of breast milk. I think that was the worst thing he could have said to Michelle. I think she was enraged to think her breast milk was going to other babies. Perhaps others who watched might think differently, but Michelle did whatever she wanted to with regard to her frail micro premie, even going as far as bring in friends to visit, something that is not usually allowed. This is just my opinion, but other who have watched might think the same thing. I never saw any DR that Josie saw who said it was now ok for her to start on small amounts of breast milk. I truly believe that was just Michelle's own decision.

Andrea said...

"Michelle living inside her bubble is right . . .How on earth does a man get a woman to change her style that much, her beliefs about birth control, her personality?" Michelle loves the attention. When she was younger and walking around with 12 identically dressed children or she was always pregnant, she must have gotten a lot of attention. I mean, I've been pregnant, people literally fall all over pregnant women and want to talk about pregnancy, child birth, etc. Also, why were the children all dressed alike in the early years? Has anyone else see the photos from the 90s or early 2000s at Silver Dollar? Dressing your 8 children and yourself in identical clothing screams "PAY ATTENTION TO ME." She and Jim Bob have huge egos and are megalomaniacs, even if it's just power over their own children. I'm sure she loved the attention. I can think of nothing more unappealing than strangers looking at me and my family, but then I'm sane, and she and Jim Bob clearly are not.

Andrea said...

"Can someone please provide an explanation as to why the Duggars never mention their commitment to Gothard?" Cult membership information doesn't make for wholesome TV, better to just be vague and non-committal about that sort of thing. I'm sure this was discussed amongst TV executives before the show was filmed, produced and aired. The cult nature of the family and the pedo (Josh situation), but the feeling likely was, this will make great TV. The thinking probably was, if this gets exposed, we'll wrap the shop but we'll have already made money so who cares! TV isn't know for its high ethical standard, it's all about the MONEY.

sweetsister said...

Sweet this, Sweet that, SWEET personality, etc! They need to find a new adjective to describe things.

lizzy10 said...

Always, thanks. Most lactose intolerant babies can have some breast milk, but with docs approval. I will always feel sorry for these kids, all of them, they didn't have a chance. Cults suck the soul right out of people; and in the case of the Duggar parents, their brains.

Ellyn said...

In addition to the sickening sweet comments I am bored with dating with a purpose, servants heart & courting. Yuch!

Wampascat said...

In earlier episodes it was stated that Michelle is in control of how many children they have. I'm not defending Jim Bob in any fashion, but he has stated that he left that up to Michelle. She is the one who went bat shit crazy over the early miscarriage and decided it was a punishment from God for using birth control.

Confused in Germany said...

Re "dressing all the children alike". I remember, that Michelle once said, they did that so no kid got lost in a crowd and was easily identifiable.
I now think, that was the only way for those people to ensure, they took the right and therefore godly trained children back home. It may be nasty, but I think, that they would not neccessarily (? spelling ?) recognize their children, especially the younger ones, should they meet them out of the compound.
They don't have the dressing alike now, because the buddies do know, which child is which. Since they do not see themselves as responsible anymore, it is not neccessary to dress them alike.
Sorry to be so snarky about that.

About the grown up children working proper jobs or doing anything constructive at all: I had a post about that a couple of days ago, but after reading other comments here, I should like to retract part of it. It is really not their fault, they do not know any better. Living "in the world" I tend to forget, that they do not have any chance to get into real contact with other peers and so can't know, that this is normal. Even the Bateses kids, who live slightly different are no help here.
Those Duggar-Victims do not know, that most people at their age find a proper job. Or that homeschooling means, that you have to spend part of your day actually learning something albeit only based on religious ground (the only is meant according to quantity, not quality, I don't feel like judging here). But their homeschooling seems on such a low scale (quantity-wise)... So, they are victims really, not exactly lazy, as they do sports and play, they don't just hang about.
They also - I assume - have their chores around the house. Even the boys. I forgot that.

cat said...

As a RN I can safely state that Michelle Duggars milk could NOT have just been given to other babies whether in that hospital or not. As a bodily fluid, she/it would have to be tested for HIV, Hep B and Hep C , and perhaps other things as well. The milk would most likely have been discarded .

Helen Crump said...

I don't think they cornered the market on "dating with a purpose"...first of all, they insist that courting ISN'T dating; secondly, I don't think anyone has the "purposeless" intent when they go out with someone for the day...it's intended to have a nice time together, so there IS purpose there, whatever it may turn out to be. These people are clueless...So, tell me, didn't Michelle accept Jim Bob's invitation to his senior banquet simply because he was her supervisor's son? She has admitted to not liking him very much at that point and she went because she had nothing better to do that night? Yes, she did indicate this quite clearly...so, Michelle's "dating WITHOUT a purpose" of Jim Bob turned out OK for them, why not anyone else? How is it that ALL THE RULES have changed for their children? She went not only to school, but a PUBLIC school and turned out not to be a devil worshipper,, didn't she? It's illogical for them to have such strict rules for their children.
On another note here, all that buttoning up their clothes, wearing bloomers, sleeping fully dressed, two shirts for the girls, etc...because of Josh's "curiosity about girls" is a dysfunctional way to live...24/7/365...they are dysfunction pallooza and don't see the forest for the trees there. Someone really needs to join forces and sit those two down..yes, in front of and with their children and explain things to them. Why haven't their families done so? This group may be beyond help...with Josh's actions coming to light of late, they needed to re-examine their belief system.

Helen Crump said...

Yes, Andrea, I, too, have wondered why the Duggars and others like them display themselves so prominently, "encourage" others to be like them, but have been careful to NEVER mention Mr. Gothard's name? Once again, things don't add up there.They need to be called out on that, and it would NOT be an inappropriate question.

gen said...

One reason Mr. Gothard might not be mentionned too much is the fact that although he prones marriage he is a life-long bachelor. Hard to explain why you base your marriage on the advice of someone who knows nothing about it. Some (sane) viewers would see right through that and ratings might be affecter. That and the fact that he was pushed out of his own organization for sexual abuse of course...

Whatever said...

RE:Cat's comment about other babies not being able to have another mom's breast milk. I always thought that babies that needed breast milk could have the milk of another mom but I guess I'm wrong on that one, as I'm not a medical professional. When you think about it, it was actually Michelle that kept saying other babies would get her milk. It was also shown a number of times 6 or 7 Duggars packing up the frozen milk at the house in Little Rock to take to the hospital. Of course that could have all been for the camera.

Lesleigh said...

I think that we ALL dated with a purpose. The purpose was to determine if we had any chemistry with this person. Are our likes and dislikes similar? Did we have the same ideas about lifestyle and children? Do we even LIKE this person after spending time with them? Is this someone we can even IMAGINE spending the next 40 years with?

When we first meet and start seeing a person, there is that excitement and anticipation of "what is next"? You can't know, initially, if this is THE ONE! We have all heard of couples who "fell in love at first sight". BUT, 98% of them still spend time/date that person.

The Duggar kids never have the chance to spend quality one-on-one time with a potential spouse. They are always chaperoned either by their parents or another sibling. There is no opportunity to have those conversations that either deny or confirm that this is the person that they want to spend their life with. Conversations that have NO business being eaves-dropped on. All communications are strictly monitored, even down to Jill skyping with Derrick while he was still in Nepal. JimBoob and Meeechele have seriously and emotionally hobbled these kids by insinuating themselves into every aspect of their lives. They, the kids, have no way to grow normally because every single minute of their lives are so very tightly controlled. It's just sad, wrong on so many levels and should be criminal!

Elspeth said...

There are milk banks at hospitals and through other means so there are methods for utilizing breast milk from other mothers. How much testing is involved, I don't know, but it is possible to donate breast milk.

gen said...

Breat-milk banking does really exist

http://www.parenting.com/article/breastfeeding-controversy-milk-sharing

Wednesday said...

Re donating breast milk: Maybe it varies by hospital, but my daughter was in the NICU for 28 days and received donated breast milk. It was highly encouraged by the hospital.

Just Plain Offended said...

In my opinion, Michelle's focus on her own breast milk and showing all the bottles of the milk she pumped is another instance of her and Jim Bob's exhibitionism regarding the body and sexual matters. 19 Kids and Counting has to be the most heavily sexualized show on TV. There is no plot whatsoever without sex, kids, sex, birth, sex, breast feeding, sex, virginity, sex, purity, sex, fulfilling "that need", sex, public first kiss, ad nauseum. Case in point: no special shows for Jana, Jinger, Joe, etc. Nope, gotta be having sex in order to have your own show in this family. Religion? Hogwash.

Whatever said...

Re:Elspeth's comment. I also thought there were ways for babies to receive a different mom's milk that's why I was surprised to see cat's comment.

Heart in Florida said...

Wampascat: you are correct...it was Jim Bob indeed himself that said on camera more than once, that he leaves the number of children they have up to MICHELLE...I thought back then, how could that be, since they leave it up to God? Once again, the Duggars don't disappoint me, with yet another contradiction..I guess Jim Bob doesn't recognize that his wife has some serious emotional problems there...I believe she does. He has different issues that need attention too.

Always said...

Can anyone out there tell me why People Magazine is still flaunting the Duggar family all over their pages? I don't get People or read it anywhere, just what I see on the internet. I understand now they are doing a special on Amy's honeymoon. I suppose they are just dragging things out until Jessa delivers her,1,2,or3 kids. Please People Magazine, wake up & realize that real people outside of People Magazine, don't care a bit about the Duggars.

Bobbi said...

Suggest emailing People magazine. I know that I plan to email them. I want the creepy Duggars permanently Removed from TV & all magazines. There is nothing authentic, honest or credible about this duplicitous family. Nothing!

cat said...

Hep B is considered a blood borne pathogen so I see the point; however the issue regarding HIV still exists. If there has been concern regarding HIV being able to be spread even through saliva ( the concentration in saliva albeit very very low) , then a body fluid such as breast milk would also need to be tested. I did not say there are not milk banks; I'm sure there are and testing probably occurs, as testing occurs for donated blood.
But merely giving another moms breast milk to a 2nd kid-- no testing no nothing--- I do not believe that exists in any medical setting. Now whether some home birth moms who are neighbors or something are doing this- who knows.
I breast fed also , including a preemie. Personally, I would not have accepted any one else's milk for any of my children. But that is a choice I made

Heart in Florida said...

Re: Breast milk donation to hospitals: I'm sure there is a program for this, but due to health and sanitary restraints, if the women wish to pump and donate, I'm sure they need to do it in a hospital type facility with monitoring so the liquid is kept at proper temperature, sterile, etc.. Michelle merely sat in her bedroom, pumped away and stored in her own home freezer. There's a big difference with a hospital type facility accepting this without it being constantly monitored for sanitary health laws.
That goes to show you, just how clueless the Duggar parents really are. Any facility wouldn't accept Michelle's "home milk" for those unmonitored reasons.

Syndee said...

Just plain Offended, yes you nailed it. The show was all about sex, who's having it, who is not, who is allowed to, who you "owe" it to at any moment, etc.

Gigi said...

Ok, I'm so confused about this new mansion. It's not the same as the old mansion where jill and Ben lived???? Why buy another one? How many houses do these people have?

Calirn said...

I work at a large women's hospital that uses donor breast milk for our babies, especially valuable for very sick preemies. Our milk comes from a milk bank where all donors are tested for diseases and the milk is pasteurized. We would NEVER accept milk from just anybody who pumps and freezes their milk. It is actually a lot of hassle for those mothers who donate as they are not paid, must be tested, and agree to safely pump and store their milk before it is sent frozen to the milk bank for processing and distribution to infants who need it. Michelle would never go to such trouble.

Wendy said...

RE: Bobbie's comments about emailing People magazine about this ridiculous coverage of the Duggars. I hate to offend you in anyway, but I just saw the head editor on TV the other night & she was talking about the Duggars as though life hadn't changed one bit. Actually seemed sympathetic to the Duggars. You know all that crap about how all families go through difficult times etc. So I am sorry to say that they don't care about what we think. Money is the root of all evil. I can't believe all the covers of that magazine the Duggars have had over the past yr. Starting with Jill's courting & introducing Derick into the picture. Somebody is buying those issues or they would drop the Duggars like hot potatoes if they were losing subscribers & money.

Wendy said...

I know Jim Bob himself has said many times that he leaves the number of children up to Michelle. Of course that would make Michelle:God. Nobody has ever believed Jim Bob, not with the way he strutted around on camera,acting like a child when he was telling John David that he didn't think he could still be a dad again. Who says something like that to one of their older children? I remember John David just staring down at the ground really embarrassed, as Jim Bob went on & on about becoming a dad again. I believe it was when Michelle was pregnant with Jordyn or Josie. Who can keep track of pregnancy announcements in that family? I remember it was when one of the crew members said;" You sure know how to keep a show going Jim Bob."

Annie said...

Ok, I just read on that Zaney Dillard blog about their busy life in Central America. They spend 20 hours a week in Spanish class. Then they volunteer at a birth center and at other places for their mission. Maybe I am naive, but I don't get how missionary work is connected with volunteering at a birth center? They also said that they finally found a church near their apartment to attend. Shouldn't they have had one before they got there? I was a missionary and my church was set up along with my duties before I got to my country and area. Then the blog said that they get to practice their language in the markets and other places that they shop and go. Did I misread/misunderstand the blog? I thought that they weren't "official" missionaries anymore. What is up with this? They also still have the donation site on their blog, which made me chuckle in a jaded, cynical sort of way. However, on the other hand-imagine all of the experience Jilly is getting in the birth center down there! All the more valuable for when she comes back for delivering whatever sister's baby is on the way.

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 393 of 393   Newer› Newest»