Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion
not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories.
If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!
Please
do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles. Link to
them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
269 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 269 of 269If there is to be an adoption & that's a really big "IF'" it will be a black market one for sure, as there is no way on this earth the Duggars are candidates for a true & legal adoption. I too have heard of babies being sold & we know Jim Bob knows where all the bargains are to be had. This whole adoption talk is just sickening.
I guess there is not much chance the Duggars will allow Jordyn and Josie to be sister-mom free, hey? I am being sarcastic, yes, but doesn't it just blow the mind that they want to adopt??? Are they afraid the younger girls will have too much time on their hands? I doubt they will as there will be SO many grandchildren for them to help raise. It is a sick, sick, sick situation. We all know, they would not have had all the children they have if they didn't have others to do the work for them.
Unless JimChelle actually go to a REAL adoption agency, they should NOT advertise what they are doing in the least. This really would be a classless, and improper thing to do, let alone advertise that they did it. What's wrong with TLC if they air anything at all about this back-door action? I also don't think that a back door adoption is quite legal. I'm not a lawyer, but aren't there proper guidelines for adopting? I'm quite sure that these two wouldn't qualify to have yet another child in this already overcrowded, dysfunctional TTH. The Duggars are full of "it" for they have NOT lived up to their own words about "being just fine if their show was cancelled." They have been anything but "just fine" and "quiet" about it. They have done everything possible to remain in the headlines and get "their show back". They, plain and simple, are liars, avoiders, and authors of their own creeds, and history. Be gone, already.
I am not sure if it would really be black market. There are girls having babies and wanting to or being coerced into giving them up for adoption. Private adoptions are legal. I can imagine with all the followers that the Duggars still have that a woman might just think that giving her baby to the Duggars would insure the child be brought up in a wealthy, uber Christian home.
I hope that the adoption thing is just for ratings and not a real plan for them.
Rob, I'm thinking something has to be wrong with that 5 day adoption as well. I was looking at the website and it only talks about the film, not much about the actual story and how they got through things so quickly. But something seems wrong about getting an infant that quickly, not just the psychology of the baby, but of the mother, the legalities of it, the new parents getting used to the idea, etc. It just seems wrong, but when you sugar coat it as Christian, somehow it's all good. What government rules did they circumvent by prayer?
Also the less than honorable thing, yes they have said the adopted kid has the sins of the parents, that's why they didn't do it in the past. But now they've changed, probably because of the dollar signs. It will probably depend on how well the 5 day adoption movie sells.
I have "friends" on Facebook who are staunch Duggar supporters and even they have commented that they are against this family adopting. They go from the standpoint that this family has been "blessed" enough in the children department.
The only way I could see them getting a child would be if they were to foster a disabled or troubled teen. Somehow I just can't imagine them fostering a 16 year old drug addict or caring for the needs of a disabled 19 year old. They already have a possibly disabled child who isn't getting the proper care!
If they do get a baby into that home it will be one of two scenarios: either a hush- hush fundy adoption or putting an ad in Craig's list. We saw what the Little Couple went through to adopt and they were professional adults with no children of their own.
I've often compared the Duggars to the Dionnes. I went to university in the town where they were born and did a Thesis paper on them for my Canadian History class. The similarities between Dr. Dufoe and Jim Bob are astounding. They both played the shy country bumpkin but were business men who exploited the innocent children who trusted them. Cameras following the kids around is no different than the Dionne girls playing in their caged yard while people came to gawk.
The rule for some of the adoption agencies I looked into states that the child needs his/her own bed but may share a room.
I just heard the Duggar adoption rumor. And if it happens, the Duggars will probably go with a private Christian adoption agency or lawyers like Nightlight Christian Adoptions (https://www.nightlight.org/). This organization was involved in the Baby Veronica case and has been involved in other questionable adoptions. This is an interesting article about private adoptions.(http://the-toast.net/2013/10/04/adopting-baby-veronica/)
five day adpotion. i rent this movie for 2.99 wanted to see it. ok something is wrong here one they did do it in five days but i somehow think they pushed this girl into doing it. the social worker was always around the couples lawyer was saying the girl did not want to see them but said it was because of social worker. But then the lawyer said the girl would see them and girl went on camera to say see did want them in the room and to be around. The father was also there. This girl was not one of the cult she was an african american girl so was the father. The fzmily that adpoted this child I do not think was part of the cult either because the mother wore pants several times. and another thing when they part to let them take the baby home the mother was not sure but signed the papers anyway. and they completed the adpotio before they went home so I think they pushed the mother to wave the six month period. I think most states have a sixth month period for the mother to change her mind. They said at the duggar guest house pretty nice so they duggars must have two guest house one with a great kitchen and one were ben lived with no windows. they also made this couple wait at the airport for a long time because Jim bod and Michelle were on a date send Jinger and Jessa to pick them up. Seems like this happens often when guest come, Mom and Dad disappear.
"So will the Duggars adopt a baby for their unwed adult daughters in order to appease them and let them play house with a real live baby while these girls are stuck in the house waiting for their prince charming?"
Um...I'm not even a Duggar hater, but I think Jana, Jinger, and Joy have had plenty of real live babies to "play with" and there will be plenty more to come from the married daughters, so there's really no need to go out and buy extras!
Since this is most likely a bid for attention, I can see them adopting a minority baby or something of the sort. Looks more "brave" and "look how good people we are" lol
I hate that Jim Bob is part of the Arkansas Good Ol Boys. That tend to get done things that have us slapping our foreheads.
Josie I agree that the Duggars would not take care of a disabled child or teen. Michelle doesn't take care of her NORMAL children's needs. Not long ago some of them were out in public and Michelle couldn't keep her hands out of Josie's scraggly, neglected locks. She kept trying to "fix it" with her fingers, also fingering one of the other young girl's hair. Their hair looked downright dirty, yet Michelle's was glossy and styled. I remember thinking that it was probably getting more difficult for Jana and Jinger to keep up with the baths / grooming habits of the additional little girls since Jill and Jessa left. Wonder if this was when the Dugs decided to have buddy GROUPS instead of buddy PAIRS.
So no, the older girls don't need any more children to care for, just because Jim Bob and Michelle want to appear Mother Teresa-like. (Yeh, that last part was a joke).
More on Gothard. Why am I not surprised.
Prison Chaplain Charged With Rape Studied Minister Accused of Sex Abuse
Bill Gothard’s evangelical teachings found fans in Mike Huckabee and the Duggars, but he and another pastor allegedly used them to take advantage of women.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/21/prison-chaplain-charged-with-rape-studied-minister-accused-of-sex-abuse.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thedailybeast%2Farticles+%28The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles%29
Bill Gothard's evangelical "pseudo" teachings is a bunch of garbage & he's a despicable creep.
Don't the Gothardites know the jig is up?? Guess they just love the drama too much.
Duggars adopt? I'd rather give a baby to a wolverine.
If the duggars were approved to adopt and that's a big 'if' and it were a baby - hypothetical here - how would it bond with the mother without breastfeeding . Since they are so against bottle feeding - all the nursing going on in public - school, parade. How would this child be treated - starved without mother's milk? Obviously they don't think things through before making their intentions public. And is grandma duggar allowed to speak her mind - as there must be activities she objects too. I mean can she tell the parentals to put those children in school and get jobs.
LOL! Anonymous Wampascat said...Duggars adopt? I'd rather give a baby to a wolverine.
****************************************************************************************
We used to say certain children should have been raised by wolves because even though they would still be wild they at least would be socialized into the group. LOL
As far as breastfeeding, there are now several ways to breastfeed a new child without being pregnant with that child. I know some moms who adopted at risk babies and did that successfully. It is a LOT of work. I don't think Duggars would google it or even use it if they knew about it. Michelle breastfed her babies but it didn't seem as if she really bonded to them as most mothers breastfeeding or not do. After bonding to a baby I can't see just tossing them off to a "buddy" and moving on if a mom truly attached.
As far as Anna goes, no matter how old she is she has never been allowed critical thinking. It is and I am afraid always will be: Obey, obey, obey, follow, follow. Some people are just born questioning everything and being rebellious. I don't think Anna is one of them. Maybe the spin off tv show will be a bad remake of "Father knows Best."
With all best wishes for a Happy Holiday & a Healthy New Year to all on the blog! Special thanks to Sharla for all you do for the blog. I think we all realize it's more work than we can even imagine.
Baby food contest was boing to all of us but did you notice Michelle up in the judges face over laughing and putting on a show for the camera like it was the most hilarious thing she had ever seen.
Anna is a lost cause.
Sierra house had a wood door and then a red door. Great editing TLC
Jill and Derick not going to same Spanish class? What was that about?
Re the Dillards & their "pretend " mission in C.A. Catholic Charities who do amazing work providing food, water, clothing, etc... have been in C.A. For many, many years. They have a sincere & honest mission to help & give of themselves. I have the greatest respect for & give too Catholic Charities. Not the same mindset as the Dillards or Duggars when they travel to C.A. Under the guise of "missionaries" when realistically they are on vacation.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
I would love to see one of the Duggar boys fall head over heels for a nice, non-fundi, pants wearing, young college girl who works at the local Chuck-fil-A or Aldi's. Then, when he asks her to go "a courtin'", she would tell him she would be happy to go out with him as long as there were no chaperones or monitored texts. I know JB would squash that asap and the Duggar boy would give in, but it would be so nice if he was into the girl enough he would stand up to his dad. Just dreaming, I know.
Merry Christmas to each of you. Sharla, thanks for all your hard work.
Stephanie, Didnt watch 2nd episode if counting however my sister watched & said the baby food contest was a big Yawn & once she heard Jlll say. "Like" five times in one sentence she switched channels. My sister said the J & J counting is a complete failure & hopefully this is the end of this dumb & stupid family.
Stephanie said...
Sierra house had a wood door and then a red door. Great editing TLC
~~~~
Speaking of Sierra...I have read her blog and she does write well, even if she acts goofy. They have 5 kids and her husband works for a furniture store. Those kids are so cute and always look adorable the way they are dressed. So I have to wonder how does she do all the things she does with 5 little ones and Michelle can't seem to take care of one of her kids.
We adopted our kids and I can assure you we are bonded! Many women can't ( or chose not to) breastfeed. I think Michelle is a good example of someone who breastfed and is NOT bonded to her kids. If the adoption rumors are true I can picture the young sister-moms saying (not out loud, of course) "please no, please no".
"Jill and Derick not going to same Spanish class? What was that about?"
I read a news story about that. For whatever reason, Jill can't juggle a baby and going to school so she has a teacher come to the house. I can't imagine she can't find childcare. There's bound to be someone willing to babysit that cute little Israel and domestic help is probably really cheap. I think Jill thought she knew it all, being one of the oldest girls in a big family, but I think she's finding there's a big difference between being a sister (even with a lot of child-rearing responsibility) and being a parent.
Sorry just not impressed with Sierra. Siera is not that great at planning baby showers, wedding receptions or in general communication. In comparison with professional event planners, Sierra definitely misses the mark.
What is the name of Sierra's blog how may I log on?
About the Spanish "classes." They aren't classroom classes as most Americans think of them. They are standard lessons to prepare people for the Spanish language tests, but generally are tutoring/one to one lessons. Antigua, Guatemala, is known for it's Spanish language instruction.
People magizine reported that the entire Duggar family took a private plane to see Josh on Christmas Eve.
I thought it is very Hollywood to charter a private jet but People.com said they OWN the plane? Seriously? I know they are rich but seriously? Even the richest of people charter planes instead of owning. I don't think John David is qualified to fly a big plane but I don't know about such things.
Sounds like fun for all the little kids and teenagers to travel to a rehab center in Christmas Eve.
Wonder if the Duggar-Seewalds went along.
Anyone ever heard if these people owning a plane?
Omg, first thing I noticed! What a phony baloney.
It's been report that Anna and the kids were flown to see Josh, but it's quite, quite obvious from the videos posted by various family members that Jim Bob's family was in Arkansas. Yes, the Duggars do own a four seater private plane.
I guess Sierra suscribes to the same no birth control rule as the Duggar girls? Wasn't she pregnant at Jill's wedding 1 1/2 years ago -- maybe five/six months along? I think she had the baby between Jill and Jessa's wedding, which, if I'm figuring right, meant she had a three-five month old and got pregnant again and had another baby in late November, supposedly, so that those two children are about a year maybe a year and a few months, apart?
Sierra has had 5 kids in 6 years,so you can do the math
I was thinking of Josh cheating on Anna, and came to this conclusion. It isn't her fault that he cheated, but she is responsible for some of her marriage troubles. It had nothing to do with how often she made herself "available" to him, or how well she cooked. It has to do with the fact that she married a deviant boy-man and gave him her power. Obviously something was very flawed in this relationship for him to start cheating on her almost immediately after marriage. In a more power balanced relationship the signs are usually there, and the spouses will argue, beg for marriage counseling or try to spice up the relationship. A normal relationship a spouse will take responsibility for their failings of the marriage - "I should clean more", "I could go a football game or two with you", "I should put the seat down." etc.... They work on their issues, or they give up. Anna's problem is that she will be the only one working with someone who only married her so he could have sex. Her problem is that she became hungry for baby after baby, never caring that her husband seemed absent from the family dynamic. Her problem is that she believes she is powerless. Her problem is that she had to devote so much time to the show, and his family instead of her own marriage and children.
Not surprised about Sierra. Well women who are brsinwashed living in the Gothard Cult will never realize they are objectified, second class, & exploited by their authoritarian husbands & leaders of this dumbass Cult.
I recently watched the episode where Josh proposed to Anna. Everything about her reaction and body language and the look in her eyes got to me. After watching it and knowing what we know now I wonder if she really wanted to marry him or if she did it because she was expected to and her parents were pushing her to. I may be way off but she definitely did NOT seem excited.
February,I agree with that.I as well,thought Anna was too into the baby scene,while it was apparent that Josh just wasn't.No,it isn't Anna's fault he cheated,and Josh could have said no to more kids,but it's like putting all your eggs into one basket.And if you do that,pretty soon,something's going to give.JMO
I have to agree with what Sandi said. There were some shows when Anna mentioned that she wasn't pregnant or wanted to be pregnant way too often. My husband passed through the room during one show and said, "That woman is talking about not being pregnant AGAIN?"
Josh didn't seem too excited when Anna told him that she was pregnant with Meredith. In fact, she and the children woke him up to tell him; he was still in bed. When I remember that scene now, I wonder if Josh was still sleeping because he was up late the night before watching online porn.
If Josh could get away with having secret affairs for as long as he did I'm sure he could have arranged a "secret" vascectomy.
This comment is in response to those who feel Josh really didn't want a whole bunch of kids. First I can see how these girls would be obsessed with being pregnant and having more babies. They are brainwashed from day one that their only worth comes from having as many babies as God gives them. Also while I believe that Josh didn't really want a boat load of kids, he also made the choice to not use birth control etc. what really gets me about JB and M is that for years they would say that they were happy with whatever number of kids God wants to give them but yet in their own words they were actively trying after Jubilee and even consulted with a fertility specialist. That doesn't seem like being willing to accept whatever God gives you.
I certainly hope Anna will ask the question, "Do WE want another baby?:,vs "Do I want one?",before even considering adding to their family.I suspect Josh is over having kids,but may agree to keep her happy,or for appearance' sake.Let's hope not though.I don't think they should be adding to their family anytime soon.JMO
Josh & Anna are minus a functioning frontal lobe. They are not intelligent or educated people. Sadly the same will befall their children . It is & will always be Stupid Jim Bob thinking for the entire Duggar clan. Sadly this includes college educated Derick who when he married silly Jill, chose to drink the Kool aid & embrace the sick Gothard Cult. Just a huge waste in so many levels.
Forgive me if this has been brought up before, Jim Bob seemed really against the move to D.C. I wonder if he was afraid all the past would eventually be discovered.
This is only my opinion,but I think both JB and M were over -the- moon thrilled when Josh landed the job in DC.The Duggar name in DC...their lifelong dream! Finally!
I suspect tlc told them to act otherwise,though,as it had been labeled a hate group,and they didn't want to associate with that.
Acting awards for both JB and M though.I'm guessing they thought all was well with the past, it had been covered up enough,and there wouldn't be any future problem.JMO
Jim Bob is an idiot. In the world of the Duggars. "Pseudo" religion, Jim Bob never considered the sins of Josh would eventually become exposed. I think that Josh is a clone of JB. I also think JB is obsessed with sex & inappropriate comments. Both these two are incredible Creeps.
I certainly hope Anna will ask the question, "Do WE want another baby?:,vs "Do I want one?",before even considering adding to their family.
**************************************************************************************
I honestly think that Anna is not capable at this point to ask either of those questions. She will just go with "is it God's plan for me to be pregnant again?" and no one knows God's plan like JB and Michelle and the TLC script writers.
I can see a cameo of Josh coming back to have that heart warming few minutes of saint Anna opening her heart to God's plan and forgiving him. The Duggars will think that is a testament to what better people they are than others. Promoting their ministry. Then Josh will be a shadow in the background only.
Derick may have a college education but I don't know how much true education he has had rather than mostly acquiring skills and information. What kind of campus was he on and how many divergent opinions were expressed? I know I was in college when almost every campus was having sit ins, marches, protests. I was a little compliant student who went in wanting to be approved of as a "good" young lady." I came out questioning everything and standing up for things I believe need to be changed. I doubt he had that conversion. If he went to a college where most students believed what he was taught, he can't be expected to not fall in line with the Duggar dogma.
Jim Bob will never allow any of his breed to marry a free thinker. Never.
Anna will be pregnant by next summer. They don't believe it is their choice about whether to get pregnant and she plans on staying with Josh.
"50 kids and counting" http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/09/living/cnnheroes-doyne/
Too bad Jill and Derrick couldn't emulate THIS example of true selfless service to others. But that would mean actually buckling down and doing the hard, dirty work - something neither of them seem particularly interested in. I suspect their "mission" time will be a series of tea parties and children's plays, with plenty of sermonizing thrown in to make them think they're actually doing something worthwhile.
Hope against hope TLC will find some new "freak of the minute" to glom onto, but suspect there are enough sheeple and carwreck watchers to carry on for a good while, especially if JB throws another kid (particularly a boy) on the sacrificial fire of courting, or if Josh is paid well enough to perform a humble pie contrition reunion.
I saw a magazine cover that suggested there could be a divorce coming in Duggarland. I did not buy the magazine, anyone read the story?
Cousin Amy's father filed for divorce from her mother last week. That may be what was being referenced.
Derick Dillard is a grad of Oklahoma State Univ earned a Bachelors degree in accounting. While on campus he was a member of a fraternity & at one time the college mascot. After he married Jill his frontal lobe went on a permanent vacation or he drank the Gothard Duggar Kool aid. Just a waste.
If you were a,say 10 year old child, in need of a home, how would you feel about living the Duggar lifestyle. Suddenly absolutely no freedom, and typical childhood experiences are never to be had. School, team sports, swimming in public, going to movies, etc. I dont think anyone could adapt willingly after 5 years of age.
I thought it was funny in the second Counting On Special (I think), Jessa was saying how Jill always played nurse as kids. Jill would use an eyedropper and give her siblings koolaid as pretend medicine. How appropriate that Jill was dishing out the 'koolaid' even as a kid!
BLB-I think you overestimated. I worked with 5 year olds. They all have been to the beach in bathing suits, on little sports teams, have gone to a lot of movies and danced themselves silly to things like Barney. They know how to use cell phones, tablets, the computer and interactive game systems. Even 5 year olds won't adapt well to Duggarville.
I can just visualize them adopting a little 5 year old only to have him/her find a random cell phone and start texting "Help! Save me from this 1800's life!" LOL!
How I wish Anna was getting counseling from a real therapist. She needs it, they all do but won't spend the money. It is not unusual to hemorrhage after a baby the size of what's his name.
Can you imagine Michelle's mantra if they do adopt? '.... and I gave birth to everyone of them except for little Johnny/Janey. She is our special adopted from a horrible situation child that we rescued and love just as much as the 19 kids that I gave birth to.'
Poor child. I pray they can't adopt and bring an innocent into the presence of the pervert.
I just saw pictures of izzy swaddled and screaming his head off on blankets. It appears that Blanket training has begun and I feel ill after seeing it. The latest pictures of him lack any sort of smile or spark. They are breaking his spirit and I cannot even hate-watch it anymore. It's a sick way of raising a child and I refuse to be any sort of witness to it anymore. Adios.
A Link to Dillard's photos in a new album on their website.
http://www.dillardfamily.com/index.cfm?p=dillards-2015-album
This link include the swaddled photos.
I saw the pics of Izzy as well Carole, and it hurt me to see them. Why did they publish those? As others have mentioned - Lack of a frontal lobe!!!
The picture of Izzy being swaddled is disturbing. Don't know if it is blanket training but it sure looks like ignorant, bad parenting. Jill seems completely emotionally detached from her baby but also from everyone else. Marriage, pregnancy, mother-in-law sick, traumatic labor and delivery (self-inflicted), nursing a baby, Derick's surgery and slow recovery, two bombshell revelation about her stupid brother, media attention, public shaming, moving to a third world hell hole, flying back and forth from central america several times, filming a mini series with TLC, learning a foreign language, living out of her comfort zone (i.e. Duggarville). Not making excuses for her but that is too much negative drama for anyone. Her job is to figure out what she can control and slow down. Sadly, she doesn't seem capable of that so she will continue to live life flying by the seat of her "pants".
Here's more info on the blanket training pictures if anyone missed them since the blog took them down
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/12/31/jill-dillard-blanket-training-disturbi
re: Stephanie, i believe they own two planes, owned in their 'business' name, but yes they own tons & tons of stuff, definitely not living a modest life
Of the fourteen things you listed, eleven are voluntary choices on her/ their parts .
This is , then, a result of not having critical thinking skills, low mental and emotional maturity, impulsivity, and quite possibly a less-than-stellar intellect to start with
She simply does not have the tools to deal with such a public and somewhat complicated life; the " cure" would be to become a private person , get the H off the teevee, perhaps take a parenting class ( AWAY FROM MICHELLE and Gothardites), and make other similar, reasonable choices going forward Such as WAITING to have another kid Etc
I have slim to no hope any of this will actually happen
Beth, I just saw the photos of poor baby Idrael. This is definitely Abuse at the highest level yet no one will intervene. TLC is so jaded & sick they probably filmed this incident of baby Israel. I hope one day TLC implodes & the entire network is removed & replaced with equitable of ramming. After seeing Israel my heart broke for this child & I cried for him. Jill & Derick are idiots & jerks
Jill didn't grow up having a normal life,and she seems incapable of living one now.It shouldn't come as any surprise.She was handed a beautiful mansion with all the furnishings,and she wasn't capable of staying home with her new baby,while her husband went off to work,and enjoying it.A normal new mom would relish those things.Instead,Jill ran around like a chicken with her head cut off,always following Derick around,and going to the compound all the time.She soon became bored with even those things,and I think Derick did not enjoy a 9-5 workweek at a desk.Hence 'missionary' work studying Spanish in Central America is where they have found their 'normal' for now.JMO
Post a Comment