Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 9:00 PM, A Quarantine Courtship

 The Duggars adjust to a new normal during the pandemic as they get creative celebrating Abbie's birthday from a safe distance.  Jinger and Jeremy take over a family video chat to share happy news.  Surprises keep coming when someone announces a courtship.  

60 minutes

Ratings:  1.081 M viewers and a .20 rating. 18th cable show of the day.

13 comments:

zebra crossings said...

I started to watch this...then switched over to HGTV. Desperate for ratings boost...keep those courtships coming...next up...Josie?
Just makes me sad to even think that a 17 year old thinks he is ready for marriage.

Cece said...

Oh I think this courtship between Justin & Claire is definitely arranged by ole Jim
Bob who must always stick his narcissistic nose into the business of his kids thereby keeping the reins on them. Such a frigging Cult dictator.

Bubba said...

I thought the Duggar women are suppose to be slender? Josh is no prize & he too has gained weight but Josh wants a woman who is the type he once found on line. I can’t imagine that Anna & Josh are happy however they continue to have kids. Just really disturbing. I am curious if Anna & Josh will continue to remain living in the warehouse? With so many people living in that environment what about bedrooms for the 6 kids? It doesn’t appear living in a warehouse would be a healthy situation. I am still perplexed that Anna is willing to accept living in these conditions. If Arkansas CPS knew about the living conditions of the 6 Duggar kids would they intervene?

Tanya T said...

I watched last night. I guess I didn’t realize that Jinger is expecting and due in November already. I found it interesting that a lot of the show focused on the Covid crisis, Jana and the girls making masks, window visits at Jessa’s and drive thru birthday parties. I wonder if TLC pushed the topic because I can’t really picture the Duggar’s social distancing themselves from family members, others maybe, but not family! John David bought all the ingredients to make Abbie a gluten free/ sugar free birthday cake. Which was sweet of him. He really loves her, you can just see it when he gushed about her. Of all the married Duggar children, he seems the happiest. It was good to see Abbie wearing jeans! I know they live in a small mobile home ( nothing wrong with that!) but this was the first time I noticed it was next to a large building and they have a parking lot as their front yard. Curious as to what the building is, and is it owned by JB? Justin announcing his courtship, he seems so young, he still looks 13-14 yrs old! What is the big hurry? Are the children in that family so anxious to be out of that house or are Michelle and JB just as anxious to push them out, less mouths to feed and more tv ratings for each courtship, marriage and birth stories?

zebra crossings said...

Another distressing thought...Justin is Duggar #14. JACKSON is #15. I can't even imagine Jackson in this situation. I hope he gets some time to grow up and explore who he is and can become without that 'courtship' thing hanging over him.

rjcasa26 said...

People are saying that if CPS knew about the way the Duggar kids live and that the courtships are now going to be between 17 year olds with the possibility of marriage they would step in. I don't think so because I think an outside person would have to file a complaint, and no one is going to do that. It would mean having to deal with Jim Bob who we all know has an anger problem by his own admission in addition to a lying problem which isn't very godly.

I don't understand that because according to him you will be completely happy if you follow God and the Bible. Therefore, why is he so angry if he follows all the rules? Maybe HE should be sent to IBLP for six to nine months like his children were. He wouldn't be able to take it because no one EVER ruled his every move and thought. However, he'd better be smiling when he gets out.....

sandi said...

It's legal to get married at 17,and even younger, in some states,with parental consent.So no,cps won't step in for something legal

Poohbear717 said...

Not illegal at all .

Kay said...

We know whats going on with the twins (moving out, one running for office), but whats going on with Jason and James who are older than Justin? I wonder if this is a case of "better get them married asap so they don't start/keep questioning things" like people speculated they did with Joy. I wonder if this is an indication that Justin wasn't drinking enough kool aid for JB to be comfortable letting him turn 18 without someone to lock him down and keep him accountable to their beliefs. I wouldn't be surprised.

Willow said...

Whether it was a factor in anyone's decision, it appears that Justin gets out of going to Alert now that he is engaged (I mean "courting"). Jason apparently has a construction company and I would guess James might work for/with him. Do we know exactly what Jeremiah does, besides work for and/or with, his dad and brothers? Seems like I read that he is Jed's campaign manager but would that have a salary?

rjcasa26 said...

Ok, so marriage at 17 is legal, BUT grooming a 17 year old Duggar to be the next one married is SICK and should be considered child abuse. Does anyone really think that this is Jason's idea to commit to marriage at his age? The only thing that he should be doing is dating and getting to know what he wants in life. He's still a baby as far as marriage is concerned. JimBob acts like he owns a stable of horses who he's selling out a little at a time to breed so that there can be a TLC show about it.

What was it they said about ill-gotten gains? This show isn't about teaching people to live a godly life as it was supposed to. Something got lost in transition, and what's left are a lot of traumatized kids and adults most of whom can never escape the life chosen for them by parents who weren't raised this way. If they do escape they risk being shunned by their family which is a cruel and inhuman thing for parents to do.

Mickey2942 said...

Nope. As soon as Jackson actually wants to do something for himself he will be roped into a courtship and marriage.

Like a calf in a rodeo. Calf starts running towards an opening to get out, and the poor thing gets lassoed, roped, and tied up, so it can't move. Let alone think about freedom. The calf will never run towards the open gate again.

Jackson is the calf. The rodeo will be over for him, before it even starts.

rjcasa26 said...

So many negative but accurate comments about this family especially since the Josh incident in 2015, and yet here we all are still watching the show which is making TLC and Jim Bob millions of dollars. I guess the reason most still watch is because it's human nature not to take their eyes off a train wreck. TLC knows this which is why they won't take the show off until it's been been bled dry. Where is the ministry that Jim Bob said was the reason for the show? All we see is the same old things with different names and faces. These kids are in an emotional prison with Jim Bob as the warden.