Joy and Kendra visit a salon to get some hairstyle ideas for Joy's wedding. Joy and Austin celebrate their bachelor and bachelorette weekend with a fun camping trip. And Jinger and Jeremy do some shopping for Joy and Austin's rehearsal dinner.
60 minutes
Ratings: 1.103 M viewers and a .24 rating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
31 comments:
Joy and Kendra are by far the most unlikable, and boring of the bunch. A camping trip? Wow, the budget filming is really at a new low. I wonder if JB has his own production film crew, using the older boys as camera crew, that would not surprise me. Keeping production costs to nil, making this a relatively cheap show for TLC.
Jinger and Jeremy seem interesting to me. They seem more like a normal couple, rather than the other arranged marriages for the show.
It will be interesting to see the numbers on this show...
Joy and Kendra are hard to watch. I do not like to think about this cults arranged teen marriages. Perhaps the crew could ask the question "What is a condom?"
"Joy and Kendra are hard to watch. I do not like to think about this cults arranged teen marriages. Perhaps the crew could ask the question "What is a condom?"
I agree with Cully's comment. These girls only preparation for intimacy in marriage is "be joyfully available to your husband". They are probably clueless about condoms -- where it goes and why it is used. When they got THE TALK from their mothers about a week before their weddings, I don't think it would include explanations of male anatomy.
They know all about male anatomy, they have been changing diapers since they got out of diapers!
Have heard these sheltered types who have seen male anatomy when they changed babies diapers are shocked and scared on their wedding night to learn they aren't baby size anymore.
It was painful to listen to Kendra 'recite her lines' carefully during that clip from Greece. Such a wasted trip. I hope Kendra relaxes a bit in front of the cameras. Tired of the 'fakey fake' stuff going on in this show.
Kendra sounded like a 13 year old girl describing summer camp activities and unsure of herself. She's an instant celebrity living in a pool mansion and traveling Greece. There might be some more girls out there willing to take the plunge with one of the Duggar man/kids to get these rewards. Just be smart enough to secretly take birth control pills if those boys even dare to have sex.
They sound so young, and simple. It is sad. Joy, she seems more like a 12 year old. I just saw it for a moment, confirmed everything I have been thinking. These kids, should have had education, and opportunities.
I'm sure there are many couples out there who would LOVE to go to Greece and soak up all the history & culture there, but can't afford to go. Unfortunately, these 2 kids scored the big trip. Big waste of money from TLC. It must be totally awkward for them to move so quickly from chaperones to the marriage bed to a honeymoon in a foreign country trailed by film crew.
Did anyone pick up on something Joy said while getting her hair done....she said "but wait, there's more" referencing the TV commercial line for the only-on TV products. And Kendra laughed at it, so clearly she got the reference also (but then again, Kendra seems to giggle at everything)
If they don't watch TV, how did she know that?
At least they didn't drag all of the little kids along on the camping trip. I wonder if they ever thought about wearing socks and shoes rather than flip flops and slip-ons in the woods. Ben is right for once about all of the germs in those thrift shop items. And then there is Jackson's filthy hat he is always wearing. That kid will be bald before he is twenty! At least he wasn't wearing those red pants.
Do we know for sure that Joe and Kendra got the "pool" mansion that Jill and Derick had? I must have missed that. I guess Joe is working at a used car lot. Doesn't seem like that would be much money as there are several in the family possibly doing that. Joy bossing everyone around before the camping trip was SO annoying. The men are supposed to be headships but the ladies sure do boss a lot as well. I sorry, but the Bates family trips are WAY more fun and interesting.
My other point I've been wanting to mention is that this family friend, Laura, is irritating me so much. Always sticking her head in there by Jana in every shot. What a fame seeker if I ever saw one. They used to say she worked for IBLP but I wonder if she still does. If so, why is staying with the Duggars all the time. I thought she might be the new nanny/teacher, but I am not so sure about that now. They need to ditch her. She is just as bad as Sierra used to be.
Back to Joe and Kendra in Greece. They are probably as appreciative as they know how to be for their honeymoon trip. I am glad they are learning anything at all. Too bad they have to have camera crew chaperones.
I guess I'm behind?? I didn't know that Joe and Kendra went to Greece? and living in the house that Jill and Derick had??Here to Jill and Derick live?
This episode clarified what I originally thought of Joy. She is extremely bossy-and she will be the controlling one in the relationship, not Austin. I think she was only asking him for advice regarding the wedding because she is seriously a tomboy and doesn't care at all about the wedding planning! Another thing-why do these Duggar girls (and Kendra) think that wearing those longish skirts are more modest than wearing jeans or pants?
I agree with one of the earlier posters that these Duggars DO watch TV as Joy certainly knew the commercial well enough to repeat it (I also picked up on that!) and also, it was a little disingenuous of Kendra to act like she doesn't wear much makeup when discussing this with the make-up artist when she wears TONS of it for a young girl who is really quite cute and doesn't need it.
Last thought-I like Jana but I realize that she is really extremely shy, despite being on national TV for years, or she just has no personality at all. She is extremely unanimated.
Re: Charlotte's comments about many people wanting to go to Greece & soak up all the history etc. Funny thing was last week, I was talking to a friend who is in her seventies, who was so excited because she had saved up enough to finally make a trip to Greece. She was leaving in about 2 weeks. Something she has wanted to do since her twenties but work, marriage & raising children came first. Her family heritage is from Greece. She has longed to get there for yrs. I was just so happy that she is healthy enough to go & enjoy it at this time. Somehow I believe this trip of a lifetime, is going to mean a great deal more to her than it did to Joe Kendra, even if it was there honeymoon.
Ben was surely mad in that thrift shop when Jessa completely overrode him in buying those used toys. He was right about the possible germs on them and not being able to wash and dry them in the machine at home. Jessa grew up living like a pig in her mother's overcrowded, dirty house and it continued in the TTH in to her home with Ben. When she spoke about not making little things BIG things, she had that attitude because she got her way. I wonder if Ben 'won out' and she left the store without those toys, would she have spoken just the same? I doubt it. Ben needs to assume the position of head of house, since that's what they claim to live and believe. Jessa is snowing him big time with that one. She left with more toys than clothes.
I hope it wasn't stuffed toys Jessa was buying. Those things get full of dust, while just setting around. And we all know what dust is made from. Gag.
The fancy trip to Greece was for the show, note the camera crew. Probably paid for by TLC. I am surprised they allowed it, but it was a trip for 2, not 20. They probably want something halfway interesting...
Wow. Those ratings look like others find watching their fingernails grow is MUCH more interesting.
Willow: Re Duggar friend Laura. I have read on other sites that Laura was let go by IBLP when they downsized and moved to Texas. The Duggars havn't come out and confirmed it but there is a lot of speculation that she is the little kids new tutor, filling the gap left by Tabitha paine. I also read a rumour (think it was on pickles) that she may be emotional support for Jana, although for what reason wasn't mentioned. Whatever her reason for being there she does show up in a lot of pictures, I wonder if she is living in the Tin mansion like Tabitha did?
Riding Kayaks without helmets----stupid rednecks!
Thanks Emma. I sure do agree with you. We didn't see that much of Tabitha when she lived there, but Laura is everywhere. Maybe she is a spy, lol, just kidding. I have always had the vibe that Lawson Bates was influential in Nathan's courtship and breakup with Ashley. Just a few little comments I heard him make and faces he would make. I'm just speculating. I have no proof. However, the same thought has crossed my mind about Laura. She is in her early 30's and single and I want to think she and Jana just have a lot in common, because they do. However, I kind of get the same vibe from her. I wonder if she wants to influence Jana to stay single like she is. I could be wrong, but just expressing my opinion. Laura may just be a fame seeker. Lawson, IMO, is a fame seeker and much, much more.
Willow you could have hit on something there. Maybe with all her sisters leaving Jana is feeling left behind and is unsettled maybe even little depressed (not that they would ever acknowledge that). Jana must be lonely, her next oldest sister at home is Hannie and she is a child of twelve. She made a comment a little while back about not being included when the married couples get together, so she must feel left out and in their world not being married makes her less worthy in a very screwed up way. Laura may be there as a companion for Jana to help keep her spirits up as well as helping her with the childcare and tutoring. Unless the Duggars or someone close to them blabs we will probably never really know.
Jana's parents SHOULD have come compassion for their daughter who is and has been a grown woman in her own right for quite some time now, but they DON'T. It most likely never occurs to them that Jana is her own person and not just part of their 'quiver'...and oh, yes, a housekeeper for Michelle. It would be right for Jana to be ALLOWED to have some type of job outside of their house. She really needs a normal life out there and it doesn't have to include sin. Heck, even working in a church office would be a great thing for her.
why would jessa even take the kids and ben plus two extra kids shopping with her? seems ben has issues watching his own kids? even when he took the kids to the park he had issues? seems ben cannot watch his own kids? seems these girls make everything more diffuclt. leave the kids at home.
Ben has to man up. Why does he have issues watching his own kids? Ben has nothing else to do but be a house husband/diaper changer and occasionally do chores for Jimbob. How is Ben's online preacher education going? When will he be ready to have his own congregation?? We have questions!! Also, about Jana. I feel she is so emotionally damaged that she has no idea what to do other then her next chore, emotionally stunted. Laura is probably living in Grandma's old room and taking over the tutoring and enjoying sudden celebrity. Why is Michelle not doing her kitchen table classes anymore? Still wondering what does Michelle do all day. Is Jimbob superman to require round the clock sandwiches?
Opie I am confused by you comments. I have beenkayakkng for years. I own one. Never once has it crossed my mind or have I ever seen anyone wearing a helmet while kayaking.
The river during that kayak trip was quite rough. I agree that helmets would have made better sense. When one is paddling along a calm river or lake, most likely no need, but this was quite rough. I also think they were improperly dressed to possibly get soaked, which some did.
They always look out of place in large part because of their way of dressing. Skirts, skimpy shoes, no socks or Joe in a buttoned down long sleeve. It's like they just show up and believe someone else will look out for them. Someone else will pack for them. Someone else will feed them. They are clueless. I have been on many camping trips and the fun of it is packing your gear for survival and some comfort. It can be competitive. This group looked like they were just pretending to camp.
I doubt they even have socks, hats, it is part of the neglect that these children grew up with. Matching socks for 21 people? Never. Just have the girls wear flip flops.
The only time they look cared for, and presentable, is for a photo shoot. The rest of the time shows the dysfunction.
Never thought of it that way Mickey but now it makes me think you can't get used socks on a thrift store. Can you?
And brings up the fact of Sierra asking for thiusands of dollars of baby stuff.
Is that how the Lord provides? By begging?
Seems extremely irresponsible to keep having children on purpose that you cannot provide for.
Clearly she will have as many as possible.
These children will not have proper food, clothing, education or shelter by that time.
How is it ethical to have a million kids in this way?
Or heck even nurturing one on one time with their parents.
These are human lives. They are not things. They deserve to be loved and cared for not living in a filthy barn, barefoot and wild haired Like animals not even knowing how to speak a proper sentence.
Ferals.
Post a Comment