Free Discussion, December, 2017

Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!

Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles.  Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.

272 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 272 of 272
nickle pickle said...

so again mommy and daddy running off into the sunset while poor jana is at home with the kids while mom and pa are in the bahamas with the bates family? Then again off to the land down under. Wish I had that much time and money to go on getaways like that. What if they took their younger kids on a getaway and let Jana have some free time? if they just gave attention to their children instead of running off into the sunset?

Dusty said...

I just read the interview by the magazine of Joe & Kendra. Even Joe is using the world surreal. I looked up the definition of surreal,

surreal
(səˈriəl ; sərēˈəl)
adjective
1.
of, related to, or characteristic of surrealism
2.
bizarre; fantastic; grotesque

I would go along with bizarre & grotesque considering Joe was so stingy allowing the 3 second hugs during the swift courtship and also considering they are inexperienced children themselves with no jobs or education.

Mindi said...

Re: Jordyn the lost child. Does anyone else remember when the Duggars went to "Dollywood." It was when Michelle made a spectacle of herself nursing Jordyn while riding on a float in a parade. At the time, Jordyn was the newest Duggar baby. Dolly Parton fell in love with Jordyn. She kept saying; "see she loves me, she's smiling & laughing & she loves that I'm holding her, I'm going to take her home with me." Boy Jordyn did you loose out big time! You could have been Dolly Parton's only child. I'll bet you would have got at least one new dress for your birthday, if that had worked out for you. Too bad.

So sad.. said...

Okay, now I am truly disgusted with these two. They go to a thrift shop to buy Jordyn her birthday dress, but then turn around a jet off to a paradise island with friends(Bates), just the 4 of them. They can't spend $20.00 for a nice holiday dress at Walmart for their daughter, but can spend thousands on themselves for a vacation?! And weren't they just in Hawaii a few months ago for their anniversary?
Ughhh. Just sad. She didn't even get a chocolate mess, just sweet potatoes fries and vegs. They had to watch every penny so they could enjoy this vacation.

Andrea said...

Anyone else catch Derick tweet before being taken down, it read:

"Hope you're having a great holiday!

If you're traveling or have downtime with the family this season, don't forget you can catch up on every single episode of Counting On available on #TLCgo right now. Wishing you all a wonderfulChristmas!"

Tweet has since be deleted, but I have to wonder what he was thinking? If we're to believe he DECIDED to cut ties months ago, why promote a show he decided he no longer wanted to be a part of? I can only assume he is feeling the cold feeling of remorse. Remorse that the gravy train is ending and he has to get a job like the rest of us.

laura said...

Jordyn did not look like a body trying to steady themselves as feeling imbalanced in a surface. Cant even believe people are saying that.
Also very strange is the grabbing at her chest. Indeed she had indignant respond to mother's touch and I found the particular way jim bob was holding her to be... Not exactly loving or tender. More possessive

fudeua said...

I don't understand the buy used and save a few dollars when it involves the children but spend thousands on themselves jetting off on private pleasure trips. Isn't the Christmas season family time, especially when you have over 30 immediate family members? It has occurred to me..not a nice thought, but what would happen to the family if the plane crashed & the Lord called them home, as they say. These things happen with those small private planes. What turmoil would be created in the family? The children are not capable of earning a living, knowing how to survive without constant instruction. Would the older ones, such as Jinger & Jeremy be will to take over such a burden as he might be the only sane & mature one of the bunch. I can see major infighting with the older boys. I guess Josh would be the next in line to rule the family. What thought!!

Butterfly said...

Laura, I only offered a possible defense, that's all. The posture she's holding is very defensive, very scared. This one was definitely blanket trained and likely punished with the rod. My guess is they wouldn't do the same to Josie because of her physical frailty which opens the door for her to become a total brat because she's getting special treatment without the same harsh consequences as her siblings. That's a breeding ground for resentment.

lisa mcgingess said...

i think somehow Jim boo know that if that show ends he would not be able to live the live style he is used to and the kids also know this so I think somehow he is helping tlc drum up sponsers for the show? Why else would they keep it own and maybe he is also making sure his fundie friends send letters to tlc to keep the show on? I know those two that run the bates and duggar blog are probably paid by the duggars why else would you go to so much trouble to do that blogs? all to keep his name out there.

Mustard said...

I’m actually more curious how Jana is doing than the littles..at least the littles one day have the hope of marrying/moving out. I wonder if Jana is content with her lot, or depressed, or if marrying is really an option for her.

It seemed like to me that Michelle’s speech was foused on herself, what all she had done that day for the birthday child.

Sabrina W said...

I believe putting arms to chest is a sign of defending and comforting yourself as Jordyn was doing at the birthday display. Just read the Pearl book on training up a child and you will understand what is done to these children to remove their individuality and turn them into robotic children. The mother begins with pulling the new born babies hair, yes..it is true and ends up with a preaching dad beating older children in a way that shows now marks. I found the book and read it with shock and dismay.

Marites H. said...

These lost girls must be scared. Their "mommies" are gone and now there's this strange woman with wild hair trying to get close to them. As someone who is very shy, I know it can be hard when all eyes are on you.

Getting thrift store bargains (on good quality stuff) is great, but we're talking about their daughter's birthday dress. We know they wouldn't shop at Target (for ethical reasons) but at least take her to Walmart and let her pick out something she likes. Maybe she's the kind of girl who hates wearing dresses but has to CHOOSE to like them because everyone has to be the same. JB & M are totally clueless about their kids' likes and dislikes. When it comes to birthday congrats, it all seems to be the sister moms sharing cute stories of what the girls did. To JB & M they are just a number in the lineup with a servant's heart.

saywhat said...

So, who does the actual 'harsh' punishment when the child acts up, the sister mom or the real parent? They all seem to love JB, so I doubt he'd do it.

Mickey2942 said...

I bet it is Michelle, none of the kids really seem to like, or even respect her much.

I know women like her, soft baby voice in front of people, witch from hell behind closed doors. That is why the kids are acting well in front of cameras, fear of what may happen if they don't when the cameras leave.

Poor kid can't even go to school to have time away.

Big kite said...

Who here thinks that Jim Bob & Michelle pay for their own vacations? I think that their traveling must mean that TLC is footing the bill.

Patrice said...

That had to be about the saddest video ever. Poor child is obviously scared of both parents, but if she has to choose one, she picks the Jimbo. And the way she is protecting her chest makes me wonder if and who is abusing her the way Josh did to the older girls.
I can't imagine waking up on my 9th birthday and being taken to the thrift store so Jesus could throw a used dress in my path and have to accept that as my present.
Good lord, these people stoop to a new low every day.
I wonder if any of her older sisters might think of taking her by herself to a nice store and picking out a brand new outfit, and a toy or Barbie doll or a book that doesn't involve religion. I suppose that would be way too much to ask. Barbies and books are certainly the work of Satan, and since the "parents" bought that dress, it probably has to last her until she outgrows it. Poor Jordyn, how heartbreaking.

FreeJordyn said...

That birthday video reminded me of those SPCA videos of the dogs in the cages. Scared neglected dogs that you want to rescue and show some love. If they trying to prove that they love Jordyn why don’t they take her to that ice cream place the other kids seem to get. The video, speech and party were way over the top and didn’t help them any. Either their PR is giving bad suggestions for publicity or the Duggars aren’t listening.

Nadia said...

What a sight Michelle will be in the sultry Bahamas wearing her long denim skirt, green blouse, the Munster shoes and her hair retro 1970's. Will Jimbob secretly be defying his Nike rule and be glancing at the bikini clad women?

Mickey2942 said...

I was thinking it is probably some seminar they are doing, maybe ILB or whatever. JB does not pay for vacations, or missions, he gets it paid for...

Heart in Florida said...

If you listen to Michelle's awful rambling on Jordyn's forced birthday video, she stated that she and Jordyn were out helping another person...and they spotted that thrift store there where they were 'waiting' for that person they were helping so they went in AND THE LORD PROVIDED THAT DRESS for her. Michelle had no plans to buy Jordyn anything for her birthday while they were out. Michelle had her daughter accompany her on a 'mission' to help someone out. That poor little girl really gets nothing from her parents at all.

sandi said...

Idk if they would do seminars in the Bahamas,wouldn't that be too nike for them?

Darlene said...

Jordyn probably doesn't know about clothing shopping anywhere but thrift shops and bridal shops. Why do the Duggars always use words such as "mission" when doing something ordinary. They don't go somewhere with a friend, they do a "mission". They don't visit others, they "fellowship". I guess it's a way of building themselves up, making whatever they do appear more Godly.

Sleigh ride said...

Nadia said...

Will Jimbob secretly be defying his Nike rule and be glancing at the bikini clad women?

~~~~~
Maybe the idiotic Nike screech is so all the Duggar boys look down so they can't see Jim Bob Duggars eyeballs out of their sockets.

Mickey2942 said...

They are probably checking out cheap real estate opportunities in Bahamas, after the hurricane.
Maybe got a super cheap deal on a vacation, knowing press releases will follow.

No, I mean, they are in the Bahamas on a humanitarian mission to provide assistance to the downtrodden people after the hurricanes. Not there to take advantage of anyone selling property, of course.

Meme said...

While Christmas shopping last week I went in a Bible bookstore. There on display was a copy of Debi Pearl's book, the one about being a helpmeet/helpmate or whatever they call it. The book was arranged in a pretty display next to other books with similar topics. I was taken aback to say the least. I guess we have the Duggars to thank for that. A vile person like Debi Pearl is front and center in a Christian bookstore.

Always said...

You know when I think of the Duggar kids that have courted, that don't even hold hands, or only give 3 second side hugs, they save all affection until after they are pronounced man & wife. Do some of you ladies remember when the guy you had such a crush on carefully took his jacket off & put it around your shoulders when he realized you were cold? Do you remember the warm loving feeling that gesture meant to you? All the little gestures that eventually added up to the fact that you two were in love. As well as he close intimate talks between just the two of you with nobody listening in to what you were saying to each other.I can't imagine marrying someone that I had absolutely no physical contact with, or even a private conversation with, prior to marriage. This does not mean you need to have sex before marriage but there are many more little loving touches than I can name, or even remember for that matter, let alone a 3 second side hug that added up to a loving relationship. An engagement that lasted a year or so, not a few weeks or months. I can't believe someone marries someone who they have never even had a "frontal hug" with. They don't know anything about the people they have married & someday it will make them miserable.

Aunt Bea said...

Always: an excellent post. I agree completely that those 'little physical contacts', gestures mean so very much when a relationship is developing. They all do really marry strangers because they can NEVER be alone with that person, even during the day, with others in the house for one second. The courting couple is 'always on', performing with their best behavior. What are they like when they are angry?...tired...grumpy...annoyed, sad, sick? They have no idea. The 'angry' one is particularly important. You must see your intended when they are NOT on their best behavior. That's when it counts. These people make me shake my head.

sandi said...

LOL Mickey.Yes,the Duggars are on a mission in the Bahamas,while fellowshipping with other Christians

Jan Lincoln said...

Michelle & JImbob are quite the jet set couple. Weren't they in California this year? They took off to Hawaii when Jill was not even recovered after the birth of the mysterious Sam. Now leave the children alone during Christmas week to travel to the Bahamas. How many times have they left the kids alone for "couples weekends" at that campground? Even the fragile miracle child suffered a seizure when they selfishly left her so they could travel. Jana will be in her mid 40's before she us free of parenting her siblings. At that point she will have never had a boyfriend, a kiss or moment alone with a man, all so Jimbob and Michelle can enjoy life while she stays home, maid & nanny.

Just asking said...

How many of you parents out there with only even 2 or 3 children, have the time or the money to take a trip like the Duggars have just done, especially so close to Christmas? Who is at home shopping for even just the holiday dinner, as I'm sure they are not at the "Mall" Christmas shopping. I think we can hazard a guess at who's at home making the meals, doing the laundry, preparing for a Christmas dinner? I wonder if the Duggar parents are even going to be home for the holiday? Isn't this the exact time when Jim Bob should be taking all the kids to some foreign country to bring Christmas gifts, of soccer balls & candy, as well as dragging along the older girls, in their flip flops, to give the starving little girls manicures? As a mom of just 2 children I know how much laundry piles up in less than a week's time but I guess that's no concern of Michelle's. Of course, I'm also considering laundry that not only includes the children's clothing but sheets & towels. Having seen their beds during some episodes, I have to wonder just how often the sheets & towels get to the washer & dryer. I cant imagine putting my children into a bed with dirty sheets. UGH! Just how often do the little ones get a bath & get their hair washed? It doesn't look like they are kept that clean & yes I realize children get dirty in no time but believe me you can tell the difference between how dirty they get in one day, as compared to at least a week or more of no bath, or hair washing. However the "Mother of the Year is off enjoying herself on a relaxing trip at the busiest time of the year. Michelle really has no concern or worries about her "Blessing" at home. I guess there will always be someone else there to care for her children, so far that's been the case. Michelle & her wonderful husband are free to take off whenever the mood strikes, nothing to be concerned about at home.

Wondering said...

Re: Aunt Bea's comment, since the courting couple are always "on" what are they like when they are angry, tired, grumpy, annoyed, sad, sick? Sick is especially important, as the Duggar girls have admitted they get very ill with morning sickness. I believe Jill said it affected her relationship with her new husband, which I would think it would. I can't imagine being newly married & dealing with morning sickness.

Meme said...

Always, that is one impressive post. Those caring gestures you mentioned were EVERYTHING. And the private conversations, oh my word. How twisted is it that a young child is allowed to listen in on those moments? Some men are shy and it is hard enough for them to express their private thoughts and feelings to their girlfriends. Imagine the big eyes and ears of a little kid. I have always wondered, too, about putting this much responsibility on a kid. They are essentially chaperoning and judging the behavior of grown adults. Does that make sense to anyone? How well I remember my mother collaring my younger siblings whenever they would try to snoop around and spy on their older sisters.

The three second side hug rule was particularly disturbing, though. A young man who would fight his natural impulses that much is one that I would worry about. Joe is a people pleaser, a parent pleaser. He was out to prove something. His own parents gave him a list of impossible "do as I say" rules and what does he do but add to them! I would definitely worry about that young man. Lord, the terrible things people sometimes do to warp their children.

Just Saying said...

Re:comments by Aunt Bea & Always about the Duggars not knowing the people they are marrying. I agree with that. They also don't know the family of the person they are marrying, probably one reason why the in-laws seem to disappear after the wedding takes place. Just how often have we seen Jill's in-laws, Jessa's in-laws, Joy's in-laws, although I suppose its early in their marriage & perhaps they will be more involved but it always seems to be Michelle who is crowing about how she has been at the birth of every grandchild. We know Anna's mom has not been included. Here she is the mom of the baby's mother & not there for the delivery, although the entire Duggar clan invades the home & passes the new baby around before Anna's family has even seen the child. I know I wanted to make a good impression on my future in-laws & made sure following our marriage that they were included in all family celebrations. Just how many birthday celebrations have we seen that have included Ben's parents? Do they ever alternate their Thanksgiving dinners or other celebrations, so the in-laws get a turn. I don't understand how the Duggars are the only ones included in anything important i.e. gender revels, birth of the babies etc. The in-laws are just per-so-no-grata. Believe me, if my daughter was married to a Duggar (which would never happen) & giving birth to a child, Michelle & I would be having a real go-round if she tried to elbow her way into the room to be with, "my daughter" during the birth of my grandchild. Somehow, someway, I'd make sure I was there front & center, just as Miss Michelle always seems to be at these moments.

Just Saying said...

After seeing recent pictures of Josie I think Jim Bob & Michelle need to save a few pennies to fix Josie's teeth. Has anyone else seen pictures of her smiling which show her teeth? She's going to need very intense orthodontic work for quite sometime. Of course I'm sure they have a friend that will do the job for them. I just hope they don't use the same Dr. they did for Derick.

Butterfly said...

Just Saying, Derick's mom has been around, she even went to CA to see her grandchildren. She's also been defending him on Twitter and posting her own brand of myopic Christian hate. Jeremy's parents seem to have more leeway since they don't live in AR near the Duggars.

And ya, I noticed the beds. The boys beds are never made which is odd, I thought that would be a chore for each of them. And the girls' sheets look dingy. A house can't be clean with kids doing all the chores. I'm guessing the bathrooms are really nasty, especially under the toilet seat!

I have two kids and didn't have time for anything this year between shopping, working and the whole house having the flu. If we could actually afford a tropical vacation I'dve taken my kids with me because, hello, we are a family.

Butterfly said...

Jan Lincoln, now we have the real reason Jana hasn't married: she can't. If she left the JB and M would actually have to parent their kids and run their own household, and who wants to do that with 8 children left at home?

sandi said...

Michelle speaks of thrift store shopping,and the Lord finding a way to provide,yet they fly off to the Bahamas a short time later.Does she not understand just how much she contradicts herself?

Nancy G. said...

It seems Jana is a more responsible person then either of her parents. I wish she would leave but she'd feel like she was abandoning her own children. If she dared reach out to become social,talk to a man, etc, would Jimbob still beat her, at her age, as recommended in the Pearl's raising up children book? Can you imagine being her age, pushing 30, and having to obey the crazy rules?

Nadia said...

The Lord must have more important things to look after in this difficult world then to lead Michelle Duggar to buy a used dress!! LOL How narcissistic can anyone be??

Mickey2942 said...

That is because you had children to care and nurture them, not to have as many as possible.

Meme said...

Butterfly, I agree that a house being cleaned by children is not going to be very clean, especially things like toilets. I don't believe for a minute, though, that Jim Bob or Michelle know how to clean. Jim Bob thinks it's women's work and Michelle is flat out LAZY. Which brings me to Jana, who may be the only adult in the home with standards. Unlike some, I do not believe that Jana is being held hostage by the Duggars in order to cook, clean or babysit. That girl is very capable and smart. And picky (good for her). I believe that Jana will get married when she finds someone to suit her. She just is not as mainstream as her sisters. Again, that is a good thing in her situation. Jana IS being taken for granted by her parents, though. I so wish that she would move out and leave her sorry parents without a babysitter. SHE should be the one leaving on a jet plane. They have taken advantage of their daughter long enough. Some parents will do this if they're allowed to. Jana, you have done your share, your parent's and everyone else's.

Just Saying said...

Re:Butterfly's comment. I apologize for my error. You are absolutely correct, Derick's mom, Cathy was around, going to CA to visit Jill & Derick & the grand children. Also, I believe she cared for Izzy when Jill had her second child Sam. Sorry about that. I don't follow anything she writes on twitter so can't comment on that but I believe you. I don't think Derick's stepdad is involved with the Duggars at all. I always got the impression that he couldn't wait to get away from the Duggars, both when he & Cathy dropped off a package at the Duggar home for Jim Bob & Jill to take to Derick in Nepal, as well as at the wedding. I wonder what Derick's own dad (who has passed away) would think of Jim Bob & Josh, since he was a police officer.
Hope you & your family are fully recovered from the flu & had a nice holiday. If everyone if the Duggar household had the flu, I believe if Jim Bob & Michelle were ok they would still have headed off on their trip & Jana would handle the sick children, even if she herself was ill.

JeannieBean said...

Let me get this straight...JB and Michelle took off to the Bahamas and left their brood of children to fend for themselves over Christmas? Seriously? I know they've had to fend for themselves from a very young age, but that one takes the fruitcake!

Butterfly said...

Just Saying, I forgot Derick even had a stepdad! Wow, it's been that long! And you have to wonder what Derick would have been like had his dad not died. I think that's what pulled him into Duggarland, he was an oprhan and they represented a big, happy family to him.

Oh, and Josie's teeth are fine, that was a bad angle. While a lot of micro preemies do end up with bad teeth she's just going through the phase of having lost a bunch and now the new ones are growing in all over the place while pushing the other baby teeth out of the way.

123 said...

Meme, Deanna and Gramma were hanging back because Michelle it is cringy listening to Michelle ramble on, unprepared. They own so many planes and take trips all over the world but have no money for a special dress for their little girl? I am so done with Jim Slob and ME-chelle.

Heart in Florida said...

The think with Josie's teeth that I noticed was that they are not white at all. Some of them are quite dark in color. Something's going on there with her dental situation. Yes, they are an orthodontic mess too. None of the other children had that much going on with their teeth prior to braces. Josie needs to be evaluated now by a QUALIFIED orthodontist.

Grandma Wagner said...

It's the Duggar standard to have good teeth so when the time comes, Josie will get the dental work necessary. Just look what Jimbob put Dillweed through trying to improve his looks/teeth.
Yes, Jana has empathy toward her young siblings and so Jimboob & Michelle take advantage of her. It's like the old saying goes....."no good deed goes unpunished".

Deena said...

Meme said...

....in a Bible bookstore...Debi Pearl's book.... A vile person like Debi Pearl is front and center in a Christian bookstore.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd have asked for the manager, pointed out some of the horrible things in the book and for effect, ask for the number of their corporate office ( I wouldn't really call. I'd email the corp office when I got home.)

Emma said...

Heart in Florida: Some preemie babies will have problems with their teeth and the discolouration you mention may be due to antibiotics Josie was given in the NICU, they can effect milk and adult teeth. I think Josie is at that akward stage where she has a mixture of baby and adult teeth so they look all over the place. I have no doubt that Jimbob will have her in the orthodontists chair in the not too distant future, gotta have that perfect Gothard smile!

Lizzyb said...

There seems to be a lot of speculation on this blog lately regarding the Duggars' finances. None of us are privy to that but a lot of what is posted is just plain wrong. For instance, someone wrote that the real estate is not listed in their names-wrong. Go on the county real estate website and you will find that JB and Michelle own several properties in their name and also in trusts. There is nothing nefarious about putting properties in trusts-many people do this.

I will state that I am NOT a Duggar fan and do not believe in their lifestyle, particularly that they never cared about education for their children and marrying off their daughters as soon as possible. However, I am not going to go on this blog page just to post erroneous information for the point of trashing them. I have watched their shows off and on from the beginning, back when TLC first showed the Duggars when it was a one hour documentary and I believe they had 14 kids and lived in the small house. They had already purchased the property where they live now and had the plans for the big house and they were building it slowly as they could afford it with the family pitching in as they could. If most of you will recall, JB and Michelle did not have kids for several years before they married and they stated early on that they bought several investment properties when they were both selling real estate.

I believe that the TLC show certainly paid for their many trips and helped support their lifestyle in the later years-but to say that they have never worked for any of it-or that the Duggar boys do not work now is incorrect. I don't think they work traditional 9-5 jobs for sure, but they obviously have family businesses that support the growing families. They certainly are not on federal aid or food stamps as someone suggested (given that they are well known in the community, this fact would have surely come out by now).

Butterfly said...

Lizzyb, it's interesting you'd post this. There's a FB post on the TLC page from 2015 that states pretty much the opposite of what you've just said, that the Duggars actually lived for free in that original small 3BR/2BA house and that it was owned by their church. And that the big house had to be completed gutted and redone by TLC to meet code. And that their cars, vans and buses were all gifted, as well as clothes and furnishings way before TLC ever picked them up. It's worth a read.

But my main question to everyone: who is Caleb Williams? Is he actually courting Jana? He's gone and gotten himself a FB fan page of his own and there are nothing but pictures of the Duggar kids all over them.

Big kite said...

Lizzyb, now how can you say that they are not on any kind of public assistance. How are you privy to that information? Yes a lot of what is said on this blog is based on speculation, so what.

We may learn more about the Duggars finances if TLC cuts ties with the family, but that has yet to happen. If TLC cuts ties the loss of that revenue stream may test whether their current standard of living is sustainable.

Regard working 9-5, I see speculate that the Duggar boy's on average work less then 10 hrs a week.

Also I doubt that Jim Bob even comes close to paying enough taxes to cover of the local infrastructure his family uses, e.g. roads, sanitation, police, landfills, etc.

Elspeth said...

Caleb has said he is not courting Jana.

Grandma Wagner said...

The Duggar children need educations so they can at least learn a skill & get actual jobs, not be doing chores for Jimbob. Look what has happened to Ben. He shows no evidence of working and how long can he claim he's doing online preacher classes? When he graduates, what's he going to do..start a church with the little life experience he possesses? The harsh reality of adult living will hit them all hard when the TLC gravy train ends and they will have to get off their special butts and get a real job...not fake religious rapping or setting up a one day football camp or going on vaca/missionary trips on donations or begging on Gofundme. That's all they have done so far. I'm not talking about Jeremy but his Duggar celebrity is allowing him to host some religious event in Atlanta soon. There must be many more pastors with lots more experience then Jeremy but of course, a conference hosted by a Duggar in law with Jill present will draw in the crowds that most likely pay a hefty sum to attend which equals money for Jeremy's services.

Genna Glouster said...

Caleb is a creepy guy grabbing onto the Duggar family and posting all those kid pics. All of a sudden, this guy shows up in the Duggar radar, even cooking dinner in their kitchen. I read he is possibly hired by Jimbob to shadow Josh, keep the badboy on the straight and narrow. But the thing is.....could he team up with Josh and live a double wild life too? The spying on each other in the Duggar household must cause emotional problems, distancing the siblings from one another. A confidential conversation between siblings runs the risk of someone reporting to Jimbob. No wonder the girls get crazy overboard with their new "best friend" when courting and so anxious to get married quickly. The man daddy chooses could be the real friend they ever had. It's a complicated family structure with so many rules & spies.

nickle pickle said...

I agree with Lizzy go check out washington county web sight the duggars do own a lot of realeaste it is under Jim bod and michelle and some are under duggar business? and I know they could not be on a public assistance make way too much money? and the duggar blog is run and paid for by the duggars and bates family.. Those two women deny it but I bet Jim bod pays them why would they spend so much time and effect for no money? that is a lot of work?

True said...

nickel, The women who run that website are paid by advertisers. That is why it sometimes hard to maneuver on that website, with so many pop up ads. The website looks attractive to advertisers because of the visits/traffic flow it gets per day/week. I bet they earn a real nice chunk of change. Whether JB throws alittle extra their way is doubtful, since he seems cheap.

Not fooling me said...

Pretty sure that The Dillard family is getting help from WIC and possibly social security for the baby if he has a lifelong disability. It's their current income that counts towards qualifying for welfare/assistance. If Jillymuffin actually has money stuffed away , she's probably rolling the income/interest so it doesn't show up as income. Plus, knowing Jimboob he probably has it locked down in a tax shelter in the "church" names.

I also wonder if Josie isn't on social security being so developmentally delayed and having a seizure disorder.

Linda said...

I believe you really mean SSI along with Medicaid. That's income and resource dependent. Neither Josie nor Samuel would qualify for Social Security.

Ellie On a Roll said...

Sierra, the party planner had her baby yesterday (29th). A little baby boy they named Brooks. She had a hospital setting delivery and all is well.

Don't get me started said...

Sierra posted on instagram that they now have a "nanny". Seriously they can barely afford the children they have and now employ a nanny? By the looks of the amount left on her 6th baby griftting registry, that went over like a lead weight. SMH

Lizzyb said...

Despite what several posters on here believe, it is highly doubtful that the Dillard Family is on any kind of public assistance. First, the older Duggar girls are the stars of "Counting On", not Jim Bob-thus, they are the ones getting the paychecks for the show. I have no idea how large those paychecks are but even if they are getting paid $5-10K per episode, that is still a nice sum of money when you live in rural Arkansas which is inexpensive to live in and you don't have a house payment and/or just minimal rent because you live in one of your parent's houses.

Plus remember that they get their cars at wholesale prices because of the family-owned car lot. Second, as Linda pointed out, any kind of public assistance is income and resource dependent. The Duggars are too well known in their community to be able to hide any of that. Also don't forget that the girls occasionally sell their stories to various magazines for which they have been nicely paid.

Barbara M said...

Today is the birthday of the twins Jeremiah and Jedadiah. We are treated to another video of mom & pop Duggar staring at the camera with the boys behind them with the standard birthday greeting. Michelle goes on about their "Godly purpose". What may I ask is it? These boys are 19 now, uneducated and unemployed. Looks like Jimbob could jack up some ratings finding Gothard twin girls for them to marry at a twin wedding. That would be a bit unusual for the next TLC wedding. Then they could each become preggo on their twin honeymoon, compare baby bumps on the internet..giving birth on the same day could be possible. Yes, Jimbob better get to work arranging the next blessed event.

Emma said...

Ellie on a roll: As annoying as Sierra is I was pleased to see she had her baby in a hospital, unlike her friends the Duggar girls. I seem to remember she herself had health problems after her last baby (think it was kidney problems?) so glad she isn't taking any chances. I will never understand the Duggar girls putting themselves and their babies at risk all for a TV show and ratings. Daddy Duggar has enough money to get his daugters good prenatal care, and either a hospital birth or properly qualified midwife to attend their home biths. Why do they insist on using a dodgy (as a nurse I hate to use the word for these people) midwife who won't even show her face on camera, and disappears out the back door when things go wrong, and someday sadly something will go wrong.

Iris Lacey said...

Oh no!! Jana was excluded from the ski trip to the northeast that some of the older kid/dults were treated to after Christmas. Was she left behind again to care for the young children or is she not permitted to associate with married couples? There is a pic of Kendra with a skirt over her ski pants sledding down a hill with cousin Amy. Joe piloted one of the Duggar planes to the ski resort in the icy weather. The fuel and ski passes must have cost a pretty penny yet Michelle couldn't spring for a new birthday dress for Jordan. The Duggars are one big contradiction.

Margie said...

I do not know how the family can sit back and observe the girls in childbirth pain for many hours without relief. What are their husbands thinking during all this after all, it is not Jimbob or Michelle's decision but that of the young couple. I recall Anna pleading to go to the hospital for pain relief and they just let her lie there having painful contractions for hours and hours with the cameramen in attendance. Josh even took a nap ! Then Anna hardly had time to catch her breath after the births and Jimbob shows up the driveway honking his horn with a bunch of little snotty kids wanting to touch the newborn for the TLC cameras. These girls are like hostages in the family without any say in their own lives and that of their babies. Wondering if Kendra will be treated as poorly as Anna was when her time comes.

Willow said...

So Joe is a pilot now also? Besides John David, Josiah, Austin, Nathan Bates, etc. other folks affiliated with their circle of peeps. I'm surprised the arrogant Josh has not become one as well. lol. To another issue, I just wanted to say that I believe TLC did not pay for the Bates/Duggar trip to the Bahamas. I just have a hunch, and that is all, just a gut feeling, that it was an IBLP confab. We notice JB and Michelle are going on an IBLP trip to Australia in January. Gil and Kelly headlined that event last January. I think IBLP is footing the bill as it pertains to their "churches" over there. The Bates probably wanted to tell the Duggars about their trip and what to expect and about the "agenda" and so forth. I am guessing TLC won't even mention it, let alone film it. Anyway, just a guess. There are many things we will never know.


At a loss for words... said...

Just when you think Derek Dillard could get anymore controversial......the Previously TV forum has a lot of damaging things about DerekDillard. There's a link to C3 Cross Church FB page reviews. A woman that worked as DD boss said D was fired because he was unproductive and kept complaining (to the point of alledging sexual harassment) because female coworkers would wear pants and skirts above the knee. This apparently aroused DD and he wasn't able to focus on his job.

There's also mention about Derek having a lover in CA.

Also there's quotes about beating the spirit or something out of a baby. I think they are implying Izzy.

Molly said...

Kendra is pregnant, why did she go skiing? That’s not very safe if she fell.

Blah said...

At a loss for words, Can you provide a link?

Marites H. said...

Don't worry about the baby's safety. He/she is a Duggar so we know that God will take special care to protect him/her over and above everyone else on the planet. If something happens to Kendra it doesn't matter, as long as the baby is born healthy. I'm sure Joe could find another hyper-fundie family who'd turn over one of their daughters for impregnation.

Andrea said...

Barbara M: Loved your comment. Please Jim Boob, can this become a reality?! Here's hoping for a twinseys wedding in 2018!!

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 272 of 272   Newer› Newest»