In this first look Jinger and Jeremy are ready for their first baby's arrival. Jinger heads to the hospital, but when progress is slow, there's worry she might have to have a C-section. Will Jinger and Jeremy get the peaceful birth they want?
31 minutes
Ratings: 1.170 M viewers and a .25 rating. 23rd cable show of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
As I said in the pregnancy thread, I watched the two-part birth special on TLC’s website, which I assume is what this episode is, and it left me with questions. First, I’m glad Jinger seemed to have somewhat competent pre-natal care and went to a hospital for the birth, but why San Antonio? It’s a 2½ hour drive from Laredo. Surely there must be a decent hospital closer. Second, why did Laura need to come at all? She’s not family and seems to just tag along everywhere Jana goes lately. I think I’d have had something to say about that if I were Jinger or Jeremy.
And just showing up like they did was ridiculously rude of Jessa and Ben! You don’t just “surprise” someone who’s just given birth by coming in from out of town! Yes...I went to meet them pretty soon after my niece and nephew were born, but my sister knew what the plan was and let me know when would be a good time to come. I couldn’t imagine barging in unannounced like that!
LilBit
Could it maybe be a woman’s hospital? Due to the family history of large breech babies they felt more comfortable at a hospital that specializes a little more in that area? (I had friends who wanted to try a natural birth for a breech baby, so they were registered at the Woman’s hospital in our province - and it’s as far away from where we live as what Jer and Jing travelled)
I would have been furious if my sister arrived in my hospital room, with her husband & a stroller with 2 toddlers. There was no reason Ben could not have waited downstairs in the waiting room with the boys, then gone up to see the baby, by himself, after Jessa saw the baby & visited her sister. Also Jeremey's parent's were enjoying being with their very first grandchild & didn't need to be interrupted at that time. I'm glad they were there but why do the Duggars need to show up, as if that was the first grandchild, niece or nephew ever born into the family? Jessa thinks she needs to be front & center all the time. She is a witch...feel free to change the spelling. Ben is a little boy who does what Jessa tells him to. Michelle must have been jealous that Jeremy's parents were there for the birth of the baby Felicity.
There's simply nothing left to say except Yawn.
I don't seen the need for Jana, LAURA, Jessa and family to have been at the birth. In contrast, I didn't see Jeremy's sister present. I'm sure she had an actual JOB to report to, like most people. I also noted that Diana Vuolo doesn't have too much to say to Michelle. Her "hi" to her upon entering Jinger's hospital room was telling to me. I don't think she likes her much and doesn't have anything in common with MOTY.
Jinger's birth went as well as it did because she was in a hospital. I don't think it would have went well had she attempted a home delivery or a 'midwife's house' delivery with no real medical equipment or means available. Jinger had her baby like a lady not like her sisters did.
Was Michelle at the birth of Jinger & Jeremy's baby or were just his parents there? They showed Michelle but for once didn't say anything like, "I've been at the birth of every grandbaby." Jeremy's mom spoke about how delighted she was to be at the birth & I was pleased for her & Jeremy's dad.
Re:LilBit0318 comment about the distance the hospital was for Jinger to travel to. I had to travel just as far for my first child, passing a number of other hospitals because it was for women who were possible expected to have a difficult birth due to size of baby of the size of the mom. So you never know why this is done. I was also induced, which I believe Jinger said she was because of her sisters history of large babies.
I loved how Jinger seemed more self confident in the way she carried herself, in the way she talked (not the baby talk)the way she hugged, the way she interacted with her husband, etc.
I liked how Jinger handled birth.
Her husband praised her and you see there is real love there. Jessa is a show hug like her daddy.
I am glad Jinger lives in Texas!!!!
Yes I Agree Michelle was upset or jealous the whole time she didn’t seem happy at all.
In the People magazine article, Jinger said she was induced in order to try & keep the baby from being extremely large, like some of her sisters babies. She also said her sisters had been overdue when they delivered. If they were overdue it wasn't by much. I don't remember any of them being 2 weeks overdue. I think their babies were big because they didn't have proper prenatal care when it came to their diet & exercise, if they even exercised at all. So basically, it shows that Jinger followed both a Dr's advise, as well as a good midwife's advise. A real midwife, not a pretend one. What a difference when you think of what Joy went through, as well as Anna with Michael's birth
You forgot about Jill going so late with Israel? Then she wouldn't give an exact due date with Samuel.
Yes, Jill was two weeks late with Israel, if I remember correctly. I'm still shaking my head over that situation and she repeats it with Sam. Just no common sense there OR any real midwifery training from her chosen care giver. That person should not be allowed to take clients at all and shut down by the medical board of Arkansas.
Michelle has no right to really be upset or jealous. She chose to not be close to her children, for one thing. For another, it was Diana Vuolo's FIRST grandchild. Also, if the new show is supposed to focus on the kids themselves, the Vuolos are Jinger's family now too. It should be about Jinger, not Michelle and JB. Michelle is not supposed to be playing as big of a role in this series, is she? In my opinion, JB and Michelle are probably happy there are lots of weddings and births so they can justify a little camera time. We don't need to see much of Michelle at the births as we have seen her for years and we know she is there. Nothing new. The point should be for the fans to enjoy the show - THAT is how the Duggars can keep making money.
As a nurse, I realized that Jinger's midwife knew what she was doing, when she was taking Jinger's blood pressure & she said to Jinger "uncross your legs." That's something all nurses learn. I'm sure well trained midwives also learn the same.
Sorry about my error saying I didn't think any of the sisters were two weeks overdue. I couldn't remember but the magazine article said, all the sisters were overdue. Sorry
Overall,this episode and birth was so much more well done than the others.Jinger received competent medical care from a knowledgeable midwife,she had an epidural (I've nothing against natural birth),but we didn't see her suffer like Kendra did,and the actual birth footage was minimized and Jinger had some privacy there.
The midwife was excellent,and palpated the baby's body,determining the head was down;something JIll and Joy's midwife couldn't seem to do.
Michelle was kept to a minimum (her hair even looked better),and no JB at all.
We could have done without seeing Jessa and family barge in,but I'm guessing that may have been tlc's idea,since Jessa seems to be the "star" of the show.No Anna, Jill or their family there,of course,but it would have been nice to see Joy.Always nice to see Jana,though.
Overall, well done,and the baby even has a cute,not weird, name :)
Guess I'm still confused as to why people who get married, pregnant and have babies get tv shows and think they are the best thing since string cheese.
I reckon its not anything new or special seens as there's been billions of people born since humans.
LilBit0318 said...: "why San Antonio?"
Firstly, I suspect Jeremy wanted a hospital birth and the hospital in San Antonio had midwives with admitting privileges. Secondly, hospitals likely aren't all that keen on filming and obviously this one in San Antonio's had no issue or perhaps limited what could and couldn't be filmed.
I applaud Jinger and Jeremy for planning ahead with the labor and delivery of their baby. Very smart. As a nurse, I did catch one thing that bothered me...the midwife took the blood pressure OVER her sleeve. At least she had her uncross her legs.
Somebody commented on JB & Michelle showing up for Jinger & Jeremy's anniversary. What's up with that? Double dating with your parents to celebrate your anniversary -- how romantic. I'm surprised JB didn't suggest a little "mini golf" for their special double date.
Jim Bob looks awful. His hair is shorter, grayer, he has a big ol gut and that creepy smile.
Poor little Michelle looked as wide as she is tall.
Jinger acts like she is very comfortable with her husband. And Austin and Joy are cute together. When they were planning their wedding and she would look to him for what he wanted I believe it was because she had it pounded in her head all her life that the man had all the say as Jim Bob told Michelle how high to jump and she always did. Austin was saying he didn't care because he was fine with whatever she wanted and that must have been confusing for her. She seems to be doing good with having the opportunity to speak up and say what she wants... And they seem to have fun teasing each other. Loved it when they were putting the crib together. That was cute.
Re: Lana's comment about the midwife taking Jinger's blood pressure over her sleeve. I had previously written, that I felt the midwife was competent when she asked Jinger to uncross her legs, while she took her Blood pressure. As far as taking it over her sleeve, I can't count the number of times I have had my B.P. taken over my sleeve. It depends on how thick the fabric of the blouse is, & in the warm weather, I certainly think she would have a very thin blouse on & it wouldn't interfere with a true B.P. reading at all. There are also many new types of B.P. machines on the market that are different from the older ones. I don't consider the way she took Jinger's B.P. incompetent at all.
Just watched the 2 part TLC about Jinger's birth. Have to say that I really liked it and it's further proof that Jinger's and Jeremy are distancing themselves from some of the weirdness of the rest of the Duggar family. Jinger planned a hospital birth. She handled it with grace and dignity. She had an epidural to save herself from needless pain- she probably enjoyed the birth experience more because of it. Jeremy has been a great match for Jinger and you can tell they are really in love.
On the negative side- what the heck was Jessa doing, Benjie and boys in tow, flying all the way to Texas so she could drag 2 small children into a room where Jinger had just given birth? I would have been furious if my sister did this to me. If she really wanted to be there, she could have come alone. Just shocking that she always has to be the center of attention! Also, I don't understand this friend of Jana's going everywhere with the family!
Jana and Laura are probably just really friends, but my cynical side always takes over and I think Laura just has no prospects of a relationship so she is hanging onto Jana so Jana doesn't have a chance to have one either. But that's me, lol.
Post a Comment