Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion
not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories.
If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!
Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles. Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.
53 comments:
the wedding is this Saturday. wonder who else will be making a big announcement a courtship or a baby.
It’s way too quiet on the Duggar front. There must be a storm of announcements on the horizon.
We don't know much about the wedding yet but I predict Jana will of course be in it and I think Zach Bates will be John's best man. That would give John a way out of having to ask Josh. Just a guess. Hope we get pictures soon.
With the wedding upon us, I’ll be surprised if there isn’t a courtship announcement (one of the twin boys) and a few pregnancy announcements ( Anna, Jessa, and Lauren ). So predictable.
Jon David will probably have the most normal, relaxed relationship out of then all. He seems pretty chill.
The rumor is Cousin Amy is pregnant. It looks like she could be in this pic.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpfRIN7B39lHngLHUQTaFOTzSqs3Q7rH1B9L_40/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=4s40atoagf47
I don't think cousin Amy is the only one pregnant (if that rumor is true), Anna looks like she is expecting another little M in the youtube congrats video she made with himself. She always blows up when she is pregnant and she looks considerably larger than she did at Lauren and Josiahs wedding wearing the same dress. Also did anyone else notice that all the Duggar women including Mechell all were very dressed down and dowdy, I realise you don't need to go over the top for a wedding these days but they all looked so bland, especially beside their suited and booted husbands, I think they have reached saturation point with weddings, and unless they are in the bridal party they don't give a toss!
Emma - I agree! I don't usually jump on the "she's expecting" bandwagon but Anna looks quite middle heavy in that video and it has been a year since Mason was born. Time for #6!
I hope anna is not happing another child five is already enough time to really do something and not having kids. I hope Jessa will not have any more kids either she seems fine with her two boys. Time for them to move on from the show.
I'm not sure if Anna is pregnant or not. She's had five babies, so she's bound to have a little bit of weight around the middle anyway. I suppose it is about time though.
It's surprising that no Duggar female is pregnant at the moment (that we know of anyway).
I agree with those who are hoping that Anna isn't pregnant with number 6. When they have these babies one after another so close together they really don't get a chance to just enjoy each child in every stage and I think it's sad. I also think that a lot of these girls (and boys) who come from these huge families go into marriage with a warped view of just how hard it is to feed, cloth, take care of so many children. Look at Jessa and Jill. When they first got married, both girls were talking about having as many kids as "God blesses us with", and now they both have just the two. I think that the reality of just how hard it is to raise kids has hit. On another note, I believe that birth control of some type has definitely come into play as well and I, for one, am glad. Each couple needs to make their own decisions with regards to when they start a family (kudos to Jinger and Jeremy for waiting a year) and then with regards to how many children they have. Their parents should have NO ROLE WHAT-SO-EVER in those decisions. I actually know some people who were older kids in "mega" families who chose not to have children of their own. I actually talked to one woman I was raised with and she told me that one of the reasons she and her husband (who also came from a large family) decided not to have children of their own was that they both spent the majority of their teen years and early adult years raising their siblings and they just didn't want to do that for the rest of their lives.
I think one of the worst things about this religion is that the girls are taught from the day they are born that their worth in life is tied to being married, pregnant and raising kids. Every time I see a picture of Michael Bates, my heart breaks for her. To be raised with this belief and then to struggle with infertility must be crushing for her. I pray that Brandon supports her and lifts her up and makes her realize that her worth is so much more than popping out babies.
No Duggar Pregnant! What?! Don't they know that is the "brand"? They better get busy! The fact that they are uneducated, and unemployed, without health insurance is irrelevant! After all, women have been having babies at home for millions of years! Home births! Home schooling!
I am glad that other people besides me believe that Anna is the one who is pregnant. She seems to be more "programmed" than some of the other girls. I think she still wants to have the dream of becoming another Michelle.
"I am glad that other people besides me believe that Anna is the one who is pregnant. She seems to be more "programmed" than some of the other girls. I think she still wants to have the dream of becoming another Michelle."
As the saying goes "A baby changes everything." She must be hoping that giving Josh another child will fix him. Marriage to a supposedly godly man who turned out to be a lying, cheating scoundrel with incest and child molestation in his past. There is no way for Anna to get away from him and keep the children safe. Instead she stays and sweetly supports her emotionally abusive husband.
Mason was born since Josh's troubles were revealed;the whole reason Anna stays is for babies and financial security.She knows the Duggars will support their baby endeavors,imo
Saw a pic of jill and izzy in front of a laptop.
2 things 1- is watching TV and movies a weird way to get around the no TV thing? Because imho that's gonna stress your eyes squinting and trying to share with others. Just get a darn TV. You're already putting yourself out in the media I just cannot understand what the big deal is. A strange and unique hypocrisy.
2-part of the comment was that Israel wanted to stay in the big church to see Dave ramsey.
Uhhhhh what? What small child has ANY concept of who or what this man is or does? And then wants to stay in church to see him?
Can this really be true??!!
They have 19 kids and those kids now have kids. I just cant see raising so many people with fear, restrictions, social isolation, little to no education, etc.
Look at the result.
They are a laughingstock to anyone with 3 digit IQ. Very sad.
If Anna is pregnant, they probably won’t announce until the birth.
I would like one of the Duggar gals to get a short pixie haircut. I read about a woman who had long hair her whole life because her Father wanted it that way, she was 40 years old and finally cut her hair into a short bob, she looked years younger and happier.
I agree, they must be really working their calendars, to make sure that they DON'T hit the dates! Or actual birth control.
Maybe that is why Jana has no desire for marriage, she has been raising babies her whole life. Maybe now she can finally take a slight break.
something big is going to be going on in Duggar ville no baby or courtships. guess the PR is nothing to say. hope no one is having any more kids for a while. Anna does not need any more kids. even if Jimbo makes money off his real estate all that money is not going to be enough to support a super large family. and the show does pay well but not that good.
Mickey,i've always thought short hair isn't allowed by the cult,bc then the girls will look too much like career women,and they can't have that
The new article saying Lauren and Josiah been trying for a baby. They not supposed to wear pants cuz modesty but they can tell the internet they been having sex as much as they can.
Still cant understood duggar logic.
Where did you see that article?
i wonder how Kelly and Gil are reacting to their daughter not be able to have a child. I wonder how Jim bod and Michelle would react to one of their own not be able to have children.
lisa mcguiness, if one of these cult members is unable to conceive I think they are strongly urged to adopt. In other words, they are made to feel they are unfulfilled without children. I realize many women feel unfulfilled if they are childless but it would be refreshing to see a childless couple accept the hand they have been dealt and together find a way to be happy without guilt or shame. Not everyone is cut out to be a parent and that's okay. Unfortunately, you are not "blessed" unless you have many children in this suffocating cult.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj6i93Aw9neAhXKyFQKHSLUAogQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhollywoodlife.com%2F2018%2F11%2F14%2Fjosiah-duggar-lauren-swanson-trying-for-baby-wedding-night-sex%2F&psig=AOvVaw2BRSD3OGJByCTG_WoAW_vH&ust=1542478816526187
It says 'a source'
Who has been this mysterious source over the years. In any case they are rabbits who wants everyone to know they are boinking which is a very private and personal act between 2 people.
The old pervert, Bill Gothard, founder of ILBP, stated women should have long, curled hair. Hence, the '70's perm look on Michelle Duggar.
Interesting article about Bill Gothard, who is persona non gratis at his own previous stomping grounds in Big Sandy.
https://newrepublic.com/article/151787/bill-gothard-fundamentalist-trap
Re:double bubble's comment about couples being urged to adopt if they can't have biological children of their own. I have always heard that in this "cult" they are against adoption, because the adopted child will pass immoral qualities from the parents, especially if it's an unmarried young woman. Remember Jill wasn't allowed to assist at the birth of Anna's sister's baby, because she was unmarried & pregnant.
Duggars motto Buy Used and Save the Difference in action:
Buy used planes and RVs and save the difference for....more used planes and RVs.
We Homeschool... so we do not have to properly shoe the kids, provide healthy lunches away from home and have notes sent home from teachers asking why the children are asking why teacher's menstrual calendar is not next to the regular calendar.
We dont have TVs... but want everyone else to watch us doing mundane things like go to coffee shops and thrift store and spongebob is evil.
There is no other way of life for females except teenage marriage, motherhood and housewife.
Oh we had to hold on to some of them a little longer because the workload was too heavy....
A required parental duty is to lord over the children how they cannot kiss or hold hands by doing this constantly in front of them and taunting them(ex-JB making fun one of the 16 yo. J sons cuz he wasn't married and couldn't kiss)until they are sold off.
They then must face a completebestfriendstranger naked in bed the night of the Pa commanded and approved union.
And if you guys find out you actually dont like each other well you better shut your trap and smile through the labor pains.
This is the practical guide to the Duggars. The end.
LOL Laura.I also think they homeschool so they don't have to follow a schedule.Can you imagine either of the Duggars getting up early and getting the kids off to school on time? Or having school interfere with their plans? Getting a note from the teacher about a J's behavior would only tick off Jb,and he would go on the defense,rather than correct the child,imo
The bit about Jill not being allowed at Susanna's birth comes across to me as exaggerated and polished to make it look better. The articles on this fail to realize or just overlook Susannah doesn't live in Arkansas for more clicks. I doubt if she sees the Duggars much at all except J and Anna let alone would choose to birth at home. It's like the rumor bits they shunned Michelle's sister. We have no idea the circumstances or even if she lives in the same state still. I'm no Duggar fan, but spreading this info without proof helps no one.
Laura- That was On Point and Funny!
Re:roddma's comment about the publicity surrounding the birth of Susanna's baby. I know it was quite some time ago, perhaps even around the time that Josh & Anna married. I just remember thinking at the time that Jill had barely even begun her "midwife career" & yet it sounded as if she was fully qualified to work as a midwife but not allowed to attend the birth due to Susanna being an unwed mom. I know there is a great deal of misinformation regarding any the PR articles the Duggars seem to be able to get into magazines etc. Sorry if I bought into their PR. I don't mean to spread misinformation. I also don't believe Jill is officially a "midwife." If she was she should be out working to support her family.
Not much news about the Duggars...although Jill has some new recipes on her blog. They all seem to feature canned soup. And not much in the way of spices..
https://www.dillardfamily.com/2018/11/easy-slow-cooker-creamy-chicken-tortillas/
Jill not being present at Susannah's childbirth probably had the most to do with Susannah not needing any Duggars present at her birthing. Why on earth would she want or expect her sister's SIL to be there?
What happened to the Duggars having “As many children as God will provide”? I think the adult children, as soon as they are married always state that by verbatim, however I think it’s just white noise to distract us. We are being lied to so we continue to watch this train wreck and Jimbob continues to make money from TLC.
Josh & Anna : 5 children m.9/2008
Jill & Derek: only 2 m.6/2014
Jessa & Ben: only 2 m.11/2014
Joy & Austin: only 1 m.5/2017
Josiah & Lauren: 0 m.6/2018
Jinger & Jeremy: only 1 m.11/2016
Joe & Kendra: only 1 m.9/2017
John & Abbie: too early m.11/2018
Wonder how cruel and insensitive Jimbob and Mechelle will be to Jordyn with her birthday being December 18, a week after the “Golden Miracle Child’s “ Josie’s birthday. I hop they atleast celebrate it separately and remember it.
I looked up 19 KAC on Wiki.By comparison,even though Jb and M waited 4 years to have Josh,by 10 years of marriage,they had 6 kids,and were expecting another.Of course,that included one set of twins
I'm guessing Michelle laments over those 'wasted' 4 years they used birth control.That may have put them at over 21 kids if they hadn't used it.
i've always wondered if they use that to preach to their own kids about the 'evils' of birth control
It seems to me, that after child 14, and TLC had the Duggars on tv, and were interested in the family, that Michelle got into "gear" and had babies as quickly as possible, trying to get to 20. Michelle seems very removed to me from the younger children, she just passed the baby onto "Sister-Mom". It seems to me that the Duggar daughters were full time Mothers by the time they were teens.
It will be interesting to see how the younger children turn out. Basically ignored for years. And they had little to no actual homeschooling, Michelle was too busy by child 14.
True. I have wondered about the marriages..of Josh, and Jill. As for Jessa, Ben doesn't work, I guess he is going to school to be a minister. I guess reality of how much it takes to parent a lot of children has sunk in...
Mickey it makes me so sad to think of all these little children and there is SO much to learn and know about everything. Kids have so much learning power with their young brains and they live in 'darkness' I've known normal people who were homeschooled, they were balanced, had been through calculus, etc and were educated in so many things at a young age. Meechelle and Jim bob had an amazing opportunity to teach their kids outside of what I consider to be currently less than desirable public school education in many places. But the duggars were taught differently, with their..... pamphlets. Makes me sad for them.
I really did not think that most of the Duggar and Bates children would have very many of their own in the long run. I think they are totally burned out with babies and too many people in a home to take care of. There will probably be a couple of exceptions, but for the most part, I think they will choose to have smaller families. I think Jim Bob was not realistic when he planned how many grandchildren he would have.
This is a great post. They couldn’t make it in real public schools. The red flags would be flying. History? Science? Can you imagine? Much less the social aspect of school. When the first tv show appeared and they were living in poverty in the three bedroom house PCS would have been all over that. They wouldn’t have had any friends, couldn’t go to birthday parties, learn songs,learn sports. I will NEVER forget when they went to the minor league baseball game and Jimbob has to explain to his sons in particular the rules of baseball. The American pastime didn’t even register to those kids and the girls were too busy babysitters to notice and Jimbob thought he was showing off buying thirty hotdogs that certainly were free.
I’m shocked that they are Arkansas football fans because they don’t have a TV and they were never allowed to visit the campus to actually be students there. What age did they realize that THEY themselves could have attended that college? My guess? Not until they were 18 and above and put together “hey, these other fans are actually students here”
The Bates are certainly cranking out the grandbabies.I can picture Jb green with envy if they surpass him,esp. if they reach 200!
I think that the number of comments here each month really shows the declining interest in the Duggars and Bates families. I remember just a couple of years ago when I could come here and there would be over 200 posts in a month (in the height of the Josh scandal, then Jill and Jessa weddings etc. Now, there just isn't a lot to follow or talk about.
Imagine if Michelle and Jim Bob hadn't homeschooled and the kids went to school on Duggar-time.....or had to take their lunch - a couple of pickles and a handful of marshmallows for dessert. Those two would be Investigated by CPS. Imagine those girls playing sports or wanting to try out for cheerleader in those homemade matching frumpers. Since they had to always have a buddy with them yet they were in different classes, how was that going to work. And what is the point of the buddy system; to make sure no one can rat out anything JB and Michelle were doing.....like not feeding those kids enough so they acted like starving animals by grabbing food and rushing to the bathroom to swallow it hole before another starving sibling burst in and took some. I bet Jill caught it from JB for ever telling Derick that story, since he told it.
That is the kind of thongs that should be included in the Duggar tell all.0
Ginny I've been thinking the same thing the last couple months.
And Willow, maybe if he had to do actual work raising or caring for these babies maybe he'd be singing a different tune.
So bizarre how the women are required to produce but the men are excused from, well everything but yapping their big useless traps.
Cant cook or change a diaper or fold clothes for those they create? What exactly use are they in life. can barely read? For Shame. These people are not the big man on campus and are surrounded by weak minded women all safely enfolded in their cocoon of judgement and ignorance.
They wouldn't last 5 seconds in the real world.
And central America where a banging screen door or whatever harmless thing jill thought was the bad guys after she handed out candy and spoke in tongues to the natives once does not count.
Cannot comprehend this way of life.
I agree that the amount of posts here on this site have dropped. I attribute this to a disinterest in this family. They are nothing new..same old, same old.
I always thought about that. All those little
Baby eggs that were never fertilized, they probably mourn for the four babies they never had (guessing one per year)
Totally agree about Jimbob being upset that Derick told the story about Jill eating in the bathroom because she was worried about not getting enough to eat. THOSE are the stories I want to hear. There were 16 people living in that three bedroom house during that first special. I have some gut feelings that Jimbob wasn’t paying rent it was a church letting them stay there for charity. The grocery trip they so proudly filled up ten baskets, my gut says they didn’t normally do that and that was for the cameras AND TLC paid that $2000 grocery bill. They didn’t have the money for that and Jimbob certainly took advantage and negotiated that grocery trip.
And well we were criticizing the kids not having pajamas, we now know they have to be really covered up even at home because of josh. But still no reason for them to just sleep all over the house.
Let’s all hope that Jimbob and Michelle are using their down time from filming to homeschool their children. And teaching them some manners and life skills.
whats going no wedding no babies. i hope Lauren does not make any announcements about baby or Abbie. need to enjoy each other for a while. stop being babies machines.
Post a Comment