Free Discussion, June, 2019

Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!

Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles.  Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.

162 comments:

Jill said...

It’s official....cousin Amy is having a baby BOY!!!

Jeremy said...

I think the “shifting and rifting” will be starting soon with all the new babies. Certain couples will be shifting away from the Duggar family gatherings due to growing families and responsibilities. Then there’s the rifts that will come out of how unfair certain people with favoritism towards certain people’s babies/children. And the fact that some will be boys and have precious girls.

I do feel bad for Lauren, Kendra and soon Abbie because their moment to shine or get some attention will be brief due to Jessa demanding her children be put front and center all the time. I also feel that Jill and possibly Dillweed will display some scandalous, attention seeking behavior, especially if they can’t have any more children.

I also think Josh and Anna will join the CO show on occasion so they can earn their month stipend from Jimbob.

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/counting-on-stars-joy-anna-duggar-and-lauren-swanson-show-off-their-growing-baby-bumps.html/

I so wish that these young women were showing off their college diplomas. Do they all just want to live in abject poverty?

Ellie On a Roll said...

So, right now Jimbob and Michelle have the following eligible to court & marry:
Jana 29
Jedidiah 20
Jeremiah 20
Jason 19
James 18(7/7/19)
The only rumblings about a courtship was during a mission trip Jason took with a young fundie girl someone posted.

The Bates have the following eligible adult children:
Lawson 26
Nathan 25
Trace 22
Katie 17 ( turns 18 on 2/17/20)
I’ve not heard anything in the courtship arena for any of them.

It’s too bad Lawson doesn’t hook up with Jana. Looks like we may be in for a dry spell for weddings unless they surprise on the horizon.

lisa mcginess said...

they are keeping quiet saving big announcement for just before the show returns.

Not my religion said...

I just thought of something. I wonder if Jimbob is the manager of TLC money under the Duggar MINISTRY so he doesn’t have to pay taxes. He then uses everything as a tax exempt purchase for the ministry which is used for the Counting On show. Along with getting complimentary food, tickets, clothing, whatever from businesses for advertising. He has quite the racket going.

Then he takes the $25,000-$41,000 per episode minus for any expenses in taping. So, let’s say they make $25,000 x 17 episodes (over 2 seasons)= $425,000 per year. Now Jimbob is “manager of the train wreck” so I’m pretty sure he takes 25% off the top. That’s $106,250 for Jimbob. It leaves $318,750 for the actual “volunteer stars” of the reality show divided by 17 episodes = $18,750 per episode.

I think the main Duggar’s getting a cut would be John David, Jessa, Jinger, Joy, Josiah, Joe and possibly Jana. So, $18,750 divided by 7= $2,679 per episode before SS and taxes if they aren’t being paid under the table. $2,679 x 17 episodes = $45,535 each per year. So, they should each have enough money to pay basic bills, buying used and saving the rest or whatever. Nobody’s getting rich off of CO.

Plus, figure in that the first year of marriage, they get a free house to live in from Jimbob. I wonder how bad he gouges them once the year is up.

Amy said...

So tired of Jana being straddled AGAIN with Jessa’s boys. Seriously, don’t have kids if you’re going to pawn them off all the time!

Marla said...

Aside from the tax exempt part, not my religion may not be too far off. There is no way their entertainment company, and the do have one, could qualify as tax exempt.

Another Nurse said...

I don't know if Jessa hemorrhaged following the birth of Ivy however, as an OB/GYN nurse, I haves seen my fair share of "mother bleeding after birth." I truly believe in Jessa's case, if she has this problem it's due to being anemic. The Seewalds have an extremely poor diet from what we have been shown. If she had been under the care of an OB/GYN Dr. or a well educated midwife, she would have had multiple blood work series done, during her pregnancy. I don't believe this is the case. We don't know about the midwife but can be pretty sure about a no competent Dr. Eat some protein Jessa, if you're going to continue with these pregnancies & births.

Derek said...

It will be pretty fun to sit back and watch the “battle of the babies with bows”. I pulling for Felicity just because Jessa is such a smug bitch.

Mickey2942 said...

That makes a lot of sense. When will they admit that home birth is not a great plan? I note Michelle only had two home births.

Spare Me said...

Re: the Seewald’s announcement video....

Jessa, deception through omission is the same as LYING which is a sin. Tell the truth or don’t do a video.

Why are they dressing Ivy in such gender neutral clothes and blankets??? Oh, let me guess. Those items were GRIFTED for MONEY or free stuff.

Jessa really thinks she one special star, doesn’t she. In reality, she an uneducated mother of 3 with an unemployed husband living in a gifted mold house. What a role model. SMH

Sierra said...

Funny how Jill “releases” the scandalous sex advice article the day Jessa posts her video introducing Ivy.

Folks, this could be getting pretty entertaining between the war of bows (Jinger and Jessa) and the “do anything to get attention” competition (Jill and Jessa).

Hayden said...

Thank you Jill for that advice. We all needed to know these astounding tips:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7099883/Jill-Duggar-says-sex-not-masturbate-sharing-marriage-advice.html

I am sure you have enlightened all of us on how to be fresh and confident as we make ourselves joyfully available. UGH!

Mia said...

Derick Dillard is so tired of people thinking that a woman can't be a good mother unless she wears skirts and long hair...and is "tatto-less." Derick, I realize you were referencing your mom but do YOU realize that you just threw shade at every one of your female in-laws? Including your wife? Oh, and people like Michael and Debi Pearl, the king and queen of Gothardland?? (Better watch it, dude, they have whips!)

Jill is tired, too. She just HATES it when she gushes about her happy marriage and people respond with, "yeh, you're still a newlywed, just you wait!" So she writes a piece about how to take care of your man by ordering online (read: naughty) lingerie. She even advises HOW OFTEN WE SHOULD BE HAVING SEX.

Um, Jill? Your husband talked about good mommas with tattoos. I don't know about you but that kinda sounds like YOUNG mommas to me. (Better watch him, Jill.)

Dillard also gushed about his HIGHLY EDUCATED mother, who had several college degrees and a very important job at one time. Maybe Jill should be reading library books instead of looking at Victoria's Secret catalogs.

Seriously, any time there is a big discrepancy in a couple's education it should at least be kept in mind. I just don't know about Derick.

Stop giving advice, Jill. That is SUCH a Duggar thing to do. Kinda like when Josh and Anna tried to do it after only 6 months of marriage. We all know how that turned out.

laura said...

Jill is bored again. Now it's sex advice which I suppose 8way going to happen sooner or later.
No offense but nnoooooo thaaannksss........ever...
I feel like jana has checked out and chooses to walk around in quasi zombie mode to dull the unending years of chores, babysitting while being babysat, cooking, cleaning. organizing, being left behind and never alone, never in a classroom, need I go on.
and maybe the worst- minnie mouse voice and just jim bob in general.
I just still see the Duggar married kids as teenagers playing house, ad seeing Lauren with the little bump, well it's great shes happy but all I can think when I see that picture is did she have any sort of self worth or other sense of purpose or life was nothing until she got pregnant like everyone else.
I'm sorry, I can't help it.

Heart in Florida said...

Where can I view the Seewald's video? What did Jessa say that was lying by omission? Thanks again.

Spare Me said...

Heart in Florida:
It’s the video of them introducing Ivy and explaining her name and birth. Not a word about the hospital room or IV bag or medical things in the background in photos of Gma Seewald and Ivy. Just a 3 hour labor and delivery at home. Nothing to see here....

Arlita said...


Jill looks cute. Kudos Derick. I thought Jessa was the rebel who would get rid of the frumpy clothes, yet there she is looking all dowdy. I guess Ben prefers the bag lady look?

Even Sierra, who will soon be mom to seven and who IS working at Sam's Furniture, wears shorts....and not necessarily long ones....but they aren't tacky or anything.

Did Sierra go back to the way she was before she was on Dragging On? IF so, good, she seems more real. Her husband seems very kind and those kids are adorable.

Nancy Drew said...

My theory on Dillard’s new house: they paid for the house with an advance for writing a tell-all. The Duggar’s are pissed and that’s why they don’t interact and socialize anymore. (Except Jill and the boys birthdays)

I know I’d drop $20 on a Duggar tell-all book.

Sue said...

Something is going on with JD and Abbie. They’ve been MIA for a month or so. And nobody has really noticed.

Pam said...

I wondered about Jon and Annie, but they don't seem like attention whores, so maybe they are just keeping quiet and enjoying some privacy. I wouldn't blame them

Who Knows? said...

In the picture posted in OK Magazine, Jessa is holding Ivy & there is definitely hospital equipment right behind Jessa, including an isolate,containing the little suction bulb used to suction the baby after their birth. There is also an IV bag & the type of curtains used in a hospital as well as various other hospital equipment that I don't recall the name of, right behind Jessa. So either Ivy or Jessa needed to be at the hospital. Someone mentioned perhaps a Dr's office but I have never seen all this type of equipment at any Dr's office. Perhaps Jessa is using this as a little extra PR. Maybe just saying the baby was born at home after 3 hrs. of labor is just too boring for her.

roddma said...

Little behind reading here but as for wearing white to weddings has gotten more acceptable thought still hotly debated. Members of the Royal Family wore light outfits to Meghan and Harry's wedding. Some say as long as the dress isn't the same material as the bride's or it has other patterns or colors it's okay. The dresses the Duggar women wore at least had pops of color. And bridal dresses aren't always white. White isn't specially a bridal color and I'm glad much of society is moving away from the white = 'purity' crap.

As for the Bates once again because they danced a jig at his sister's wedding doesn't mean they're doing a full 180. I can't stress enough they are trying to be relatable and look less what do you call it? Crazy?

Willow said...

I had hoped with Carlin's wedding being over that we might be able to see someone else in the spotlight for awhile. However, maybe not. They are actually staying around Knoxville after all, instead of moving to Nashville. Who is going to chaperone Lawson when he is there to record next time? lol. I guess now that Carlin is staying around, she and Lawson can continue to share the limelight and boss everyone around. I guess you can tell they are my least-favorite Bates. Now Kelly can have "control" - as much as she can - over all her adult children, - except Alyssa. Only one now. Same with the Duggar family. Jinger is the only one not under family watch. Thanks as always for letting me rant.

lisa mcginess said...

anyone see that Erin Paine is having baby number 4 I would also think the Webster will be having another one pretty soon.

Aimee said...

Lisa - We don't know a great deal about Alyssa Webster's heart surgery but I would think anyone who had recently had surgery, much less heart surgery, would not think of becoming pregnant -- Also, I found Chad and Erin's announcement a bit odd - almost like they were surprised. Do they still not know how babies happen? I think Erin will have the most out of her siblings since she still lives close to the main house and is seen (on the show) often at the main house and/or with Gil, Kelly, and the other kids visiting and helping her at home. I think those who have moved farther away may choose to have fewer children as they'll have less help.

Ellie On a Roll said...

Anyone else notice that Jimbob and Michelle haven’t publicly said a word about:
1. Jill & Dillweed’s brand new house.
2. Jinger & Jeremy’s big move to California.
3. Jessa’s baby girl being born or anything about the hospital admittance.
4 Josh & Anna moving back to the compound.
5. Cousin Amy being pregnant and having a boy.
6. Jill’s “Dr. Ruth” sex talk article.
7. Jinger dying her hair blonde.

I’m betting Jimbob and Michelle’s heads are imploding because they’ve lost control of the Duggar clan. I can hardly wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store. LOL

colen said...

OMG! Go Jinger Go!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7113955/Jinger-Duggar-dyed-hair-BLONDE-ahead-Los-Angeles-move.html

Ginny said...

In response to the comment about the Websters possibly having another baby pretty soon. I hope that is not the case. After she had the heart ablation, they said that because they said that once the doctors got in and did the actual ablation, there is about a 50 percent chance of the problems she was having recurring. If that is the case, they would have to do another ablation. Another pregnancy could cause some problems here. I am pretty certain that her doctors would be warning her to not get pregnant again until they are 100 percent sure that another ablation is not necessary. They have an absolutely beautiful family and I hope they just sit back and enjoy the three little ones they already have and give her time to heal from what she has been though.

Truth be Told said...

RE: Jessa's claim that the entire birth & was totally just at home. No trip to the hospital needed. All you need to do is look at social media, the pictures of her in the hospital are all there. Jessa is trying to take all speculation about the hospital,by going into a detailed explanation about how they choose the child's name. Who cares how they choose the name? In regard to the Duggar family, I have said this many times & it will probably be true many more times: You can fool some of the people all of the time & all of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all of the people all of the time.

colen said...

per " Truth be Told said...
RE: Jessa's claim that the entire birth & was totally just at home. .. In regard to the Duggar family, I have said this many times & it will probably be true many more times: You can fool some of the people all of the time & all of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all of the people all of the time.
6/07/2019 10:55 AM "

Well there is the Duggar truth and the actual truth. Don't forget these kids grew up in an environment where the truth was speculative.

sandi said...

Wasn't Jessa's interview done by tlc? I wonder if they told her not to mention the hospital visit? Perhaps they are saving it for the show,idk.Just a thought

sandi said...

I think Jb and M are probably loving all the extra attention going on lately.I guess they don't feel the need to mention it? We know they love anything that stirs the pot,as it brings attention and $ to the show.Jmo

laura said...

It's amazing how the level of fundie hick look drops with jingers hair blond. She looks so different. I jabe a feeling jeremy either encourages her or does not discourage when she wants to do something outside her box.
She was so pigeonholed for so long she probably has no idea how far she can actually go. But....progress. .
She looks great and happy and shes probably having a great time being a mother but when I see the tallies of all the grandchildren I really really really hope Jinger keeps a slow pace.
Jessa used jane grey as an inspiration for her babys name but did not say why, leave us hanging huh? although I know happen to have an extensive knowledge of that time periods history.
Ben looked EXHAUSTED, red eyed, bleary needs to shave. Jessa doesn't understand that she isnt the only one who has ever given birth and those that have(billions) feel the same way about their baby that she does and uhhh its really only special to family and friends so no need to tell the whole internet. But don't worry, theres more to come.

So Sad said...

RE:Ginny's comments about the Websters possibly having another baby soon, regardless of the fact that Alyssa had heart surgery recently. Ginny is correct, they already have a beautiful family. I doubt they will sit back & enjoy the 3 little ones they have. In both the Bates & Duggar families the health of the mothers is of no concern to anyone. They are in it for the count & whatever PR/money, pregnancy announcements, gender reveals, & births announcement will bring. Who can have the most "Bessings?" It's just heartbreaking all these beautiful little children, who have parents who couldn't possibly have the time to give each child the love & attention they deserve as little human beings, because they are always just waiting for the next baby. Anna Duggar seems to really love her children but I'm sure she doesn't have a great deal of help with the children from Josh & now she's having her 6th baby. There's a limit to how much time there is in a day & how much a mom can spread her love & attention to all of these children. They once showed Anna trying to homeschool her children. Just like Michelle, she had them all together regardless of their various ages, trying to work on their school work. At that time she had 3 she was trying to teach & she was pregnant with the fourth. Soon she will have 6. They all needed individual help. Good thing Jana is around.

Give me a break said...

Why the hell is everything that happens to the Duggar clan in their words “so hard to believe “? Garrett’s one year old.... it’s so hard to believe “. Jessa had her third child and “it’s so hard to believe blah, blah, blah”. Seriously, what is wrong with these people? No one cares.

Amy said...

Has anyone seen Josh in any photos or around town? I’m wondering if he’s gone back for a refresher or something. He seems MIA lately.

Just for laughs said...

I wish Jessa & Ben had named the baby "IVY LEAGUE."

Jeremy said...

Word on the street says Anna is having a girl.

Willow said...

I have seen a few sightings of Josh. He was there for the pregnancy announcement and the ultrasound announcement - guess that is a "pre-reveal" reveal. Anna said a video is coming.

Truth be Told said...

Re:colen's comment that there is the Duggar truth, as well as the real truth. How very true. The Duggars even have various degrees of the truth, in their truthful statements. I don't know why they bother to try & fool people. The real truth eventually comes out.

Who Cares said...

Re:Jeremy's comment that word on the street is Anna is having a girl. I don't even remember how many boys or girls she now has. That's about my level of interest.

Special Ed Lady said...

So saddened to hear Grandma Mary passed away this afternoon.

Franiza said...

I just read that Grandma Duggar passed away today. She seemed like a sweet and patient lady. I will miss seeing her on the show.

Not a Mocker said...

I just saw in Jills insta that Grandma Mary has passed away

Ellie On a Roll said...

RIP Grandma Mary Duggar. Your work on Earth is done. Deepest sympathy to Deanna, Amy and Jimbob plus clan.

PS Jessa will turn this into a “all about Ivy and Grandma thing”. I’ll bet a farm on it.

Babies everywhere said...

RE: The number of boys & girls Anna & Josh have, as well as the other couples. Is there anyone out there that is so interested in the Duggar family & extended family baby count that they actually know just how many children each couple has & what there genders are? I don't even have any idea how many in that family are "expecting."

Sharyn said...

Sadly, Grandma Mary Duggar passed away yesterday. I hope they don't use her death as a ratings grab like they did with poor Grandpa Duggars's death.

colen said...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/mary-duggar-grandmother-on-counting-on-dies-at-73/ar-AACF8OB?ocid=spartandhp

Grandma Duggar passed. She was 73; I wonder if she was ill and maybe didn't know. She didn't look well in recent photos. 73 is young to die today with so many medical advances. Rest is Peace Grandma Duggar.

Mommy in PA said...

Grandma Duggar has passed away

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/amp/2019/06/10/counting-on-star-grandma-duggar-dies-73/

Ginny said...

Many of the Duggars have posted this morning on their social media that Grandma Duggar passed away suddenly yesterday. They all seem to really have loved her, and she had a great impact on them. Condolences to them.

veryfancy said...

Just read on Jill's Instagram that Grandma Duggar passed away. Quote: "My heart breaks 💔 My grandma died suddenly today!" I find it interesting that they tiptoe around with words like "expecting" instead of pregnant, but death isn't something they're treating as sensitively by using the word "died" instead of passed or something more delicate. My first reaction to Jill's post was that it didn't feel very emotional at all.

Kathy said...

Why in tarnation is Jessa wearing 60’s garb with a crown of flowers in the 4 generation photo? Omg, having a baby girl has really made her delusional. She really does think she’s special. Annoying as hell.

RIP Grandma Duggar. You will be missed dearly.

Josh said...

Lauren “Markle” has sunk to a new low. My lord, bringing up that zygote, Asa, is hanging out with Grandma Duggar in heaven is just...so...wrong. If Lauren is having that much trouble moving on to her next pregnancy, she isn’t stable enough to have or keep this “rainbow “ baby. Seriously, she needs to check herself in someplace because everybody is tired of the drama. Move on!!!

Laura said...

I’m wondering how Jana is handling Gma Duggar’s passing. I bet they spent a lot of time together in the laundry room and baking/cooking. I haven’t seen a post yet from Jana.

Elspeth said...

Mary Duggar was 78 not 73. The tabloids goofed again. She had two strokes in December so it was sudden, but not completely unpredictable. The earlier strokes weren't severe, but to have another one in a few months is relatively common. I lost one of my close friends just after her 40th birthday that way.

Mia said...

Most of the Duggars are living off of TLC funds and/or Jim Bob's investments. None of those unemployed, young adults are going to bite the hand that feeds them so there will never be a tell-all, as someone suggested.
Even if someone DID write a book, who's going to buy it? Most people who know the Duggars now only know of them through a TLC show that appears every few months. The tell-all should have happened when Josh got into trouble and when the girls were still living at home/courting. Even then it would have been a stretch for material. You'd have:
1. A short chapter on each daughter's courtship
2. A chapter about Josh's fall from grace.

Even then, for a book deal there must be a certain amount of notoriety, a guaranteed audience. (Joey & Rory were refused the first time for not being "famous enough".) Many people are not familiar with the Duggars. Those who are no longer care.

Racer said...

I haven’t seen Jessa post about grandma Duggar. Wonder why she hasn’t yet.

Tori said...

I think the photgraph was taken at Bens sisters wedding a few weeks ago, Jessa was a bridesmaid hence the flower crown and dress. I am by no stretch of the imagination a fan but its nice they have a photgraph of four generations of females together.

Poohbear717 said...

Many locals say that she drowned in her pool.

Linda said...

Did she have another stroke while in the pool?

Just wondering said...

Dear God, I hope TLC is not going to help J.B. by filming his mother's funeral as they did with Grandpa Duggar. I'll always remember J.B. at the funeral home saying his father wouldn't want them spending a lot on the funeral. I always thought Grandma Duggar had more class, until she allowed them to film her husband in his deteriorating condition, then at the wake in his casket, as well as the elaborate funeral. Although the funeral wasn't nearly as elaborate as the one they had for Jubilee. I can't imagine that they won't make an episode out of her death, although she hasn't been in the C.O. show very often. But still anything for the publicity/money.

cee said...

The Jessa leghumping on reddit is too much for me. I actually feel the opposite of many posters(Why are people so haard on Jessa? :(). Yes, Jana is praised for just existing sometimes, but Jessa is as well. She's given a lot of credit for being "strong and independent", while she's basically the Duggars PR person.


Also, I'm not a fan of blonde on Jinger, don't think the colouring goes very well with her features.

colen said...

per " Elspeth said...
Mary Duggar was 78 not 73. The tabloids goofed again. She had two strokes in December... 6/10/2019 6:13 PM"

Thanks for the clarification!

Wishing said...

I remember well that poor Grandpa Duggar didn't even have a wheelchair but was being pushed around the Duggar home in an office chair, when he was so close to death, while they filmed him & had a birthday cake for him. I also thought that Mary Duggar was lady of class & was very surprised that she allowed her husband to be filmed in the condition he was in. I realize they were both staying with J.B. & Michelle at the time of his death & often wondered if Mary Duggar was just so beholden to her son, because she was planning to stay on after her husbands died. I guess if you need a place to live you'll go along with anything. Of course, Mary Duggar worked like hired help at the Duggar compound, from what we were shown. That was when Michell was still going through her "expecting babies" phase. I remember Mary Duggar in the laundry room, etc. She worked hard in her son's home. J.B. did seem to be in charge of everything for Grandpa Duggar's funeral. Hopefully daughter Deanna will be in charge of her mother's funeral but of course J.B. is the patriarch of the family.

roddma said...

Elspeth, sorry about your friend. it is sad to pass that young. I was in some ways surprised to hear about Mary but in some ways not. She was 78.

I hope the part of Grandma Duggar in a pool isn't true. As for JL, I seem to recall them saying he wanted to be around the family that day, but not sure he would like his funeral being broadcast so publicly.

Mia said...

Yes, Wishing, Mary Duggar took over the massive laundry chore at the compound to take that impossible burden off the shoulders of those young girls at the time. It was a much too big chore for them, or ANYONE! Michelle Duggar is one shamelessly lazy old girl with no regard for her children. Zero respect.

Very sad said...

I don't know how Grandpa Duggar could make a rational decision that he wanted to be around the family for his birthday. I am a hospice nurse & believe me that man was heavily sedated & practically semi-comatose, when he was filmed in that office chair. I thought it was terrible. That man should have been allowed his privacy We stress death with dignity & believe me, most people want only the very closest of family, or deeply loved ones there, if that. I would believe that both J.B. & TLC saw an opportunity there at the time & took advantage of it & that poor man. I'm glad Mary Duggar wasn't shown dying. As many know, it's not a pleasant experience. We do what we can for privacy & dignity. I've had the experience of having to tell people that it wasn't appropriate to phone a neighbor (unless an extremely close & devoted friend)or others to come to the bedside. People do strange things when under such stress but in the Duggar case, I don't believe it was stress on the family, as much as it was the makings of an episode for their ministry.

Mickey2942 said...

Yes, who will be around to do laundry?

Poohbear717 said...

Some reports say she drowned doubt they will show her dying. Maybe bits of her funeral but that is their right.

Willow said...

I really believe that when Michelle Duggar started having so many children, she knew her in-laws and others would help her. This shows how selfish she was to impose her lifestyle on others. She knew others would not stand by and watch the children suffer. Jimmy Lee could probably see this very clearly. My hat is off to the parents JL and Mary were - not so much JB and Michelle.

Not my religion said...

I think we all need to rally around Deanna and Amy. Seriously, the other Duggars (Jimbob’s clan) is just out to exploit and profit Grandma Duggars unexpected death. Amy and Deanna actually had a real life connection with Gma Mary whereas the other Duggars took advantage of her. RIP Grandma Mary.

Book Lover said...

Michelle had her laundry room meltdown when the "Josh, JD & the "Sister Moms" were babies/toddlers. If you feel totally overwhelmed with housework when you've got 4 or 5 little ones so close in age, maybe that's a BIG red flag that you should rethink your annual baby-making plan. Grandma was their house slave so now they'll need someone new to camp out in the laundry room. The new slave would probably end up being another hyper-fundie family's eldest SAHD, like Jana. Preferrably one who's willing to marry a balding, unemployed/unemployable Duggar bachelor.

colen said...

Here's a clip of Jana and her 'friend' going thrift shopping for her bros. wedding. Near the end, she spots some of her family's books and her personality comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wLBZ7pWfG8

Ginny said...

There was just a story on People Magazine verifying that Grandma Duggar did, indeed, drown. As much as I don't like Jim Bob and Michelle, my heart goes out to the family and the kids. She really did seem to have a bond with the kids and they seem to truly have a deep love for her. I think what is cool is that she was here for Ivy's birth as I believe I saw on Jessa's Instagram that Ivy was born on Grandma's birthday. That is special.

Just awful said...

I will always remember how angry Michelle was at her father-in-law when he very forcefully expressed his opinion, that a woman shouldn't be having so many children especially, so close together. He was particularly concerned that the mom would die in childbirth & leave all those children without a mom. He also said quite a bit about how these frequent pregnancies affected any woman's body. He felt that a woman's body needed time to recover from childbirth He was definitely opposed to the number of children Michelle & J.B. were having. When questioned about her father-in-laws comments Michele in her mickey mouse voice said everyone was entitled to their own opinion but she certainly didn't agree with him. I never heard Mary Duggar make any comments about the number of children but she never seemed to disagree with J.B. I'm sure J.L. realized that everyone in their family including young children would need to pitch in & help when a new baby came into the family & for as long as they were a part of that family which is exactly what happened. I used to wonder what he would think of his wife working like a slave in her son's home. He definitely saw that coming. I remember them calling on him when they were going to Big Sandy & their trailer broke down. He saw the kids making their own meals as well as cooking for the entire family, ding the laundry etc. as well as the clothes from the thrift shop & how they had to dress. J.B. said terrible things about his dad after he died. He talked about how his dad didn't support the family etc. wasn't religious. Things that never should have been said on a TV show, even if they were true & I'm not at all sure there was any truth to what he said.

Mommy in PA said...

People magazine is reporting that Grandma Duggars did indeed die from drowning. According to them the coroner report is that she slipped and fell into the pool. Apparently it was Deanna who found her. I just can't even imagine how horrifying that must have been for her to find her mom like that.
It seems like Mary always tried to make sure each of the grandkids had individual love/attention that they may not have been able to get from JB/Michelle, but I do feel especially sad for Amy. I know they were always incredibly close to each other.

Mickey2942 said...

Another "Gender Reveal" party? Seriously? Nothing but endless get togethers for cake, Koolaid and tater tot casserole.

colen said...

It is sad that Deanna found her mom, but it may have been for the best. JB doesn't strike me as someone who is a clear thinker in a crisis but thinks that he is, and Michelle would've been in hysterics. I'm glad none of the grandchildren or grandchildren-in-laws found her though John-David's wife Abbie is trained to handle a crisis like that.

lisa mcginess said...

someone bates family member posted on instrgram that grandma duggar did not die from drowning, said no family member owns a pool

lisa mcginess said...

just found out mary duggar own a reality company called good neighbor reality. some family members listed as realotr

Tori said...

Lisa mcginess: It was a 'uber fan' who posted it, think they have a fanpage called Forsythebates? They blocked me on insta when they insisted the Duggars had adopted Tyler and I said they only had legal custody, very touchy some of these fans to say the least!

Poohbear717 said...

Yep she sure did. All of them have been in real estate for some time. Never understood why people thought it was secret.

colen said...

Grandma Duggar's obit

http://heritageofnwa.com/mary-leona-duggar/

colen said...

Jill took photos of the funeral.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7155053/Inappropriate-Jill-Duggar-shares-photos-grandmas-funeral-emoji-filled-caption.html

I don't think it is in poor taste; it is actually a southern tradition to take photos during a funeral. Now to share them on social media - that's a newer Gen Y/Z tradition.

Ellie On a Roll said...

There’s all this talk about Jinger being pregnant. Why would this shock anyone? That’s the family “business “. Weddings, courtships, and babies.

I think it’s a better bet that Abbie is pregnant because she’s been pretty much missing from family photos, not posting Jabbie selfies and promoting the latest grifts.

And it doesn’t surprise me one bit that Jessa only got a 30 min. Show for the birth of baby #3. Seriously folks. It’s her THIRD baby. And the fact that it’s being shown at 11pm is most likely because Counting On barely get 1 million viewers per episode. Basically dying and fading away.

laura said...

People magazine has a link with with jills funeral photos. Cheap. Tacky. Is anyone surprised. And if Deanna fpund her maybe she was at Deannas house. Isnt she a normal? Maybe she does have a pool.
Concerning him bob and meechelles behavior and attitudes towards granpad-they are narcissists, of course they would react that way to someone who doesn't agree with them. Narcissist never do anything wrong....

Allison said...

So.....Jessa had her baby on the living room sofa. That is about as gross as it gets.

Another thing my husband noticed, they’re all wearing burgundy or red. And they used the brown towels, again. Ewww.

Ginny said...

Regarding Ellie's comment about Jinger possibly being pregnant. I saw a picture of her from this weekend where she looked a little heavier than what we have seen recently and wondered myself if she might be. Regarding the pictures from the memorial.....one thing that I noticed was how few people were there. I think it was mainly family members, and possibly some of the Duggar fundie friends, but it sure didn't seem like there were a lot of community members there. That is telling to me with regards to how this family is viewed in the community. Many people attend memorial services/celebration of life services to not only honor the person who has died, but also to support the family. There weren't a lot of seats in that church that were full, and that just was sad to me........but again, I think it is reflective of the fact that the Duggars do not have many true friends in the their own community.

Ann said...

Ginny- "I think it is reflective of the fact that the Duggars do not have many true friends in the their own community."

Or the funeral wasn't open to the public because Jimbob knew TLC would be filming.

Jane said...

Anyone else getting fed up with all the dress/clothing posts trying to peddle ugly funny clothing???? Has anyone even ordered this stuff and if so, what was the quality like? I just can’t stand looking at all these fundie dresses everyday.

Ginny said...

As I have shared previously, I am not a Duggar fan, but I loved the story that Anna shared today when she posted the gender reveal (it's a girl) for baby number six. I also loved the fact that it wasn't a huge production this time around. Just Anna, Josh and the kids.

grandma s said...

Jane - i can't stand that they are peddling anything that is not found in a garage sale. they are such hypocrites for pushing "buy used and save the difference" and then expecting their leg humpers to buy new from them so they can profit.

Not a Mocker said...

So I just read the People’s article about Ivy Janes birth. How Jess’s planned for a midwife in a birthing suite - but because her midwife was out of town that week switched to a home birth with a different midwife?!?!? Why didn’t she continue with the birthing suite birth (which, sounded like it was in the hospital). If you have to call in a different midwife anyway how hard is it to say “the plan is birthing suite”

Also, I don’t see why the midwife being out of town should actually be that much of an issue. I’m currently using a midwife for my pregnancy and in my first appointment the midwife I saw told me that I’d be meeting all the midwives at the practice as whichever one was on call when I went into labour would be the one to be at the birth. And even then, my primary midwife got changed because they realized she would be on vacation at some point during the four weeks around my due date. Do other midwives just practice solo?

Also, isn’t Jess’s now 3/3 for having to be rushed for the hospital? Next time, she should honestly just plan to skip the emergency rushing and just start out at the hospital.

Linda said...

I think Jessa lied. She had Ms. Teresa again didn't she? If she'd really planned to have a hospital birth she'd have had to have been seeing a real nurse midwife with hospital privileges. There is no way there wouldn't have been a backup. She's covering herself because she had to be transported again. She's had one successful home birth that didn't require an emergency trip to the hospital. She's extremely foolish if she attempts another home birth.

Ginny said...

Not a Mocker - I actually think that Jessa's second birth did not require being rushed to the hospital, so it's 2 out of 3........but still, next time, she should just plan on having the baby at the hospital.

Real Truth said...

Re: Not a Mocker's comments about Jessa's "story" about her midwife. You are absolutely correct that you will be introduced to all the midwives that work together in a practice, so you will know whoever is on call when you go into labor. The same pertains to OB/GYN'S. There are usually at least 2 in practice & you will know both although one will be considered your primary caregiver but if vacations or any emergencies happen while your in labor, you will see the other Dr. whom you will have met prior to your delivery date. I believe that's what happened with Anna when she & Josh decided to have a home birth because her female Dr. Dr.Sarver who she saw during her pregnancy, was out of town when she went into labor. They said themselves at a later date that they didn't want a male Dr. for Anna, so choose a homebirth. As many have mentioned there's the Duggar truth & the real truth.

laura said...

Jinger is pregnant. Give her a couple weeks to announce.
Webster dictionary gonna put a picture of jill next to the word 'Frump'
Jessa shuffling around moaning like an animal wearing a moo moo in her livingroom- not the best look ever.
Josh looking turdy as ever in the gender reveal pics and I am so sorry for poor Mackenzie her workload already and years to come-WRONG to enslave your kids like that. She'll grow up barely knowing how to read or math and be just like her momma, doomed to level 10 jerk.
Annas brainwashed idiocy amazes me. Hiw many more are like her?

colen said...

So Jana and her friend went to Magolia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzAET8UHOsm/

Does anyone remember an episode of 19K when Jana was a counselor with JTTH? There was another girl with her and Jana made joke about them sharing a bed. Was that girl Laura?

Willow said...

I don't know exactly how long Laura has been around for sure. When we first heard of her, or saw her showing up at events, it was stated she worked for the actual IBLP hq in Chicago. Does anyone else remember it that way? She traveled a lot, however, and was popping up at weddings, etc. I only remember vague references to what her actual job was. Now it appears she does not make her money from IBLP anymore. I think she stated recently she does some sort of design consulting or something similar. I thought a few months ago that she was moving to Atlanta but I guess not. She did say she could work from anywhere she is. Guess that leaves her free to travel the globe with the Duggars. :)

Give me a break said...

Is anyone else getting fed up with the Duggars? I seriously hope the show gets canceled so the D-list family gets a dose of reality.
Here’s a few things that I loath about this family...

Josh and Anna- no brainer here. Pervert with the dim-bulb wife procreating like rabbits while unemployed, living with/off his parents.

John-David and Abbie- They’ve been MIA since they first got married and I don’t blame them. Who wants to be known as the “greasy, dirty looking couple “?

Jana and Lauren- I’m glad they have each other and Jana get away once in awhile from the family compound.

Jill and Dillweed- someone buy that woman a cookbook and an iron stat. The list of annoying behaviors are endless. Going out to eat so you can eat in the car. LOL Jill posting endless photos peddling ugly, wrinkled, 2 sizes to big clothing. The constant chatter if she’s pregnant or not. Seriously, she can’t afford and doesn’t enjoy the two she already has so stop it. But somehow, Derek keeps reinventing himself and being the family man.

Ivy’s lying mother Jessa and unemployed Ben- This is the #reason I would love to see the show cancelled. Enough with the half-truths and lies. They are lazy, grifters that need a dose of adulthood. I hope that Jana starts refusing to raise Jessa, the bully’s children. And now, thanks to the 3rd home birth in the mold house, I can’t help but cringe every time I see a brown couch. Gross. I can’t imagine having company over and expecting them to sit on the birthing couch. Good god.

Joy and Austin- I do worry about Joy being emotionally abused by Austin and having another baby so soon after the c-section. I hope Austin is man enough to demand Joy go to the hospital from the get go this time.

Si and Lauren Merkle- Drama at its worst. I’m already dreading Lauren’s delivery of the rainbow baby. Pray to god that it’s not a home birth. I am serious. I wish Si would have been able to go off and lead whatever life would have made him happy. He’s not happy with Lauren.

Mechelle- she’s highly medicated and she’s lost her mind. And why does she demand to be at each of the grand babies births? Up front and center? She is absolutely zero help, her voice is annoying as hell and no one really wants her there. So, yeah. I’m wondering if she realized how much money she wasted trying to fly home in a private plane to be an observer at Jessa’s botched birth? High fives to Gwen, Ben’s mom for posting hospital photos and exposing Jessa’s lying. Thank you. I got a weird vibe that Mechelle was upset when she arrived to the hospital because she was so cold and stand offish towards Jessa and the baby.

Jimbob- the majority of problems this family has is due to Jimbob. Such an unlikable person. Cheap, sneaky, manipulative, lying, on and on...

Josie- I notice she’s still the favorite of Mechelle and JB, unfortunately.






Nancy said...

The Duggar family gets the award for lamest bachelor and bachelorette parties in modern history.

Nusing #101 said...

With regard to the question of whether or not Jessa needed to be hospitalized following the birth of either 2 or 3 of her babies. It doesn't matter how many times she needed hospitalization, the fact is the woman definitely has some sort of medical problems associated with either her pregnancies, labor or deliveries. I agree with a post I saw that said, Jessa has such a poor diet she is probably anemic, at least to some degree. Add that to the fact that she doesn't have regular prenatal care, during these pregnancies & you have a very serious scenario. One of these days she won't be as fortunate & it will be either Jessa, her newborn or possibly both, that will suffer a tragic outcome. These young women need good medical care not Miss Theresa, or a midwife with Jill's "skills."

Aimee said...

Did anyone else see Anna's Birthday Post on the Duggar's FB Page? For the first time it actually had info about her! I feel like when JB/Michelle or whoever writes those posts write them they ALWAYS say "...loves to help...servant's heart...such a blessing" There is never anything original or personal. But Anna's talked about her love of cheesecake, pet knowledge, etc.

Not a Mocker said...

Wow. So has anyone read the new articles about how Josh was “punished” at church for being a molester?
They shaved his head in front of the whole church. But that’s not even the worst/creepiest/weirdest/wrongest part of it. When he said “I don’t want to do that” they basically went “either we shave your head in front of everybody or we shave one of your victims heads in front of everyone”

Like, for 1. That isn’t a punishment for molestation. And 2. You don’t punish the victim!!!!!!

sandi said...

I'm not sure Michelle really wants to be at the births? I recall how ticked off and annoyed she looked on the way to Marcus's birth witn Anna as well

Picture window said...

I do not believe that Austin is emotionally abusive to Joy. When they were picking out the things for the wedding (such as the cake) he would say he didn't care, not because he didn't care about any of it, but because he was fine with whatever she chose. Joy had always had to do what her dad said so she was looking to Austin who was allowing her to make some decisions, for the first time in her life.

Having worked with emotionally abused people I do not, at all, see the signs in Joy or Gideon's countenance. Gideon has a smile all the time. A baby cannot fake it.
Check out the video on here: https://www.instagram.com/p/By6i8T8phzq/

Rolling My Eyes said...

the article about Josh being shamed by having his head shaved was very eye opening. Creepy and cult-ish, I thought. Shows that the image the Duggars portray on the tv shows is not who they really are. When will viewers wake up and stop watching the show! And now, so many years later, here is Anna pregnant with another little girl. Yikes.

Ginny said...

With regards to the number of times Jessa had to go to the hospital for bleeding. I am the one who pointed out that the discrepancy in the number. I am NOT a Duggar fan, but also wanted to stress that just because she had bleeding with her first, didn't mean she would with subsequent births......I've had four and had pretty bad bleeding with just one.......so, because there was one trip to the hospital and the second went without complication (as far as we know), there was no way of knowing if there would be a problem with number 3. That being said, now that there HAVE been bleeding issues with two of her three births, she ABSOLUTELY should not have any home births in the future.

sandi said...

It sounds like Jessa may have a weak place that tears in her cervix when she gives birth? Perhaps it was from her first birth,of a large baby?
Idk,jat

Unemployed Teacher said...

I don't follow Austin and Joy.
But if I had to guess the couple that is most capable of supporting their family, it would be this one.
J and J are a close second. They are becoming more independent but still have ties to the Duggar home church.
For the life of me, I can't figure out how the rest of the family provide an income
Does Jana have any money of her own?

laura said...

She's jealous. Plain and simple.

Heart in Florida said...

I don't recall seeing Michelle arrive at the hospital after Ivy's birth to see Jessa. Did I miss that? I saw the whole family arrive at Jessa's house. Did I miss something there?

Willow said...

I agree with you Laura. I think Michelle and Jim Bob both are jealous of their children and try to hold them back so they don't outshine them. Kelly Bates, however, IMO, is just as bad but in a different way. I think Kelly wants her kids to be beautiful and successful and adored by all. However, I do think she is very jealous of the in-law families and doesn't want to lose control of her adult children to other families. I feel she wants to be in control of everyone forever and always. Gil, however, IMO, wants his children to have independent jobs and be financially established on their own. Gil does not want to monetarily support his children, imo. Jim Bob seems more willing to have financial apron strings as a means of control. Hope this is "understandable". lol.

Stella said...

Very happy that Kendra and Joe are having a GIRL! Go ahead and name her Mary, Meri, Merry or whatever you want. Glad the Duggar pressure is off you now.

3rd baby & counting said...

Re:Heart in Florida's comment asking if Michelle arrived at the hospital after Ivy's birth. She was there along with Jana & someone else don't remember who it was.
They showed them being flown by a Duggar plane. Of course,as always (with the exception of Jinger's birth experience) the entire family showed up as they always do at the home of the new mom & baby. Don't they have any brains? What mom wants all those people showing up as soon as she has returned home from the hospital due to needing treatment for excessive bleeding? Of course they all pass the baby around so everyone gets a turn to hold the new baby. They act as if it's the first grandchild, niece or nephew ever born into that family. I think Jessa picked a nice name for Ivy, because there were so many comments about what a beautiful name Jinger & Jeremy gave Felicity. Although it was very sad to see Grandma Mary, it was nice that she was the first one to hold the baby at Jessa & Ben's house. Baby Ivy was born on her 78th birthday. J.B. always has to say something ridiculous. This time it was telling Jessa he couldn't believe his little girl now has little girl of her own. Guess he forgot she already has 2 sons. Oh J.B. Jinger, another one of your "little girs" also has a little girl of her own.

Why said...

Apparently TLC, as well as the Duggar family, finally realized that there was no way to keep Jessa's hospitalization out of the press, social media, etc. When you think of how many people are involved in transporting both a mom & baby, to the hospital, as well as the personnel at the hospital. The odds are very slim that the news won't leak out. Yes, I'm aware of all privacy rules, known as the "HIPPA RULES," but people still talk. I have no idea when the emphasis on home births started with this generation of Duggars. Michelle only had 2 home births. Other than Josh & Anna making a very last minute decision to have a home birth due to the absence of Dr. Sarver. I remember J.B. & the rest of the family were at Big Sandy when Anna went into labor & J.B. was really shocked when Josh told him "we're considering a home birth." J.B. asked several times "are you sure you want to do that." He then said the family would pray for them. So this was not the norm in the Duggar family before this generation of Duggars started saying that home birth were customary. Anna had been seeing Dr. Sarver every month for prenatal care, until she went into labor. I do believe Jinger had good prenatal care

laura said...

Where'd they get the scientific proof that cutting your hair cures sexual deviancy?
Why dont the authorities know about this method?

got2bdrc said...

They didn't. It's an Old Testament punishment for immodesty. The shorn head is a sign that the person is atoning for lust.

laura said...

Tonight I watched my 1st episode ever of counting on. Have only previous seen a couple short online clips.
I dont see the need to watch as they ensure so many other ways for us to get information about them.
Notes-Jim Bob can buy airplanes but not a new or separate birthing couch for jessa?
Ben looked as excited as a bag of peanut shells during the episode.
One of the little girls was on a talking head and said James said he was allergic to the baby. At least hes got a good start with that attitude.
Grandma was moving pretty slow and had a nice blue dress on to her knees. I only got a glimpse but I think I actually saw KNEE. Go grandma!!
Jill. Uhh what's up with her she acts te like a child. Her cooking matches her personality....
I have no children but you can bet your butt I wouldn't be having no 20 loud germy people in my tiny house who could drop my precious (omg I actually just used one of their adjectives they are rubbing off on me) baby.
Jessa sounds mature and looks and happy(minus the AWFUL clothing)
Jim nob wearing a $60 under armour shirt but his kids wear rags...
Michelle spaced out and silent with her goofy smile in the talking heads.
Wonder how derick feels when his wife leaves to be with her family and on TV. When will he meet the baby?
I fear I'll be checking Google for news about them for the rest of my life...

Mia said...

Another home birth ending with another trip to the hospital. WHAT exactly is the point they are making? Are hospitals evil? Worldly? Or are these young women such second class citizens that they are undeserving of the costs of childbirth and proper care?

Michelle looked terrible with her usual too-long hair. Jessa, take a good look - she is your future. Jessa is just a younger version of her mom. The little girls looked scraggly and stringy, too. All I could think was that at least they are getting old enough to wash their own hair. Sigh.

It was very touching seeing Grandma again. She always looked age appropriate and it is a shame that Michelle does not dress more like her MIL. I hope one of the kids will name a child after her. Mary Duggar was a classy lady who did SO much for that family and it is heartbreaking to think about the years ahead and the milestones she will miss. She is with her husband, though, and other loved ones. God bless Mary Duggar!

Tammy said...

I’m wondering if Abbie is expecting twins and she is so ill with morning sickness or on bed rest. John-David and Abbie have been missing from SM and photos for quite a while. They weren’t even at Jessa’s mold-birthing house to meet Ivy which I find very strange. Something is up.

Just thinking said...

Re:Laura's comments about James saying he was allergic to the baby. I believe when James was told the baby's name was Ivy, he equated that with "Poison Ivy", which he is apparently allergic to. I always thought that James had some type of learning disability, when I watched him doing his homeschooling. He could never sit still & always tried to tell Michelle he had completed the lesson, although she would tell him it was a brand new lesson book that he hadn't even seen yet. He would then go upstairs & wander around the house for as long as possible, pretending to look for his lesson book. I don't think Michelle even realized that this boy was showing signs of hyperactivity. She had so many kids all lumped together in the class & all different ages but it was obvious that James had some learning issue. When he said he was allergic, I immediately thought he was thinking the baby had poison ivy.

Jak&Jil said...

Ick factor for me last night. Jessa is wearing the blue dress when her water breaks, labors and delivers in the dress. Then she's rushed to the hospital in that blue dress. She is then in the hospital bed in the blue dress and leaves the hospital the next day in the same dress! Good grief! Couldn't someone have brought her a fresh set of clothes? She probably didn't change the dress after she got home.

And Jill, please cut that hair! It's aging you 20 years and you're a young woman. Your hair is always plastered to your head in front and hanging or up in the back. That's not a hairstyle.

It was sad seeing Mary Duggar knowing that she would no longer be with us just 2 weeks after Ivy's birth. RIP Mary Duggar. Like Mia said, she was always a classy lady.

Just too much to take said...

I find it annoying as hell that Lauren insists on grabbing her crotch/groin area in every photo since announcing she pregnant! Seriously, it’s ridiculous and makes everyone look at your cloth. WTH is wrong with these women???

Hail Storm said...

We have Kendra, Lauren, Joy, Anna and Amy due to give birth. Not sure who is having which gender but I think Kendra is having a girl and due next?

I would be surprised if the next girl born isn't named Mary unless one of the other due dates claimed the name first.

Judy said...

I am so confused by how they handle births. Why were they going to a birth center when she’d had her other births at home? And why do you go to a midwife who apparently doesn’t work with other midwives who goes away in your 39th week of pregnancy, with no other plan? And do you have a bunch of other midwives just on standby? And if you’ve bled that much before and now again, so you finally not have your babies at home anymore? Or, as I suspect, do you repeat the whole process over again?

Sharla said...

Gentle reminder time that we have no cursing. That includes trying to sneak it by with $$**## etc.

Totally agree said...

RE: Anonymous Just too much to take said...

I find it annoying as hell that Lauren insists on grabbing her crotch/groin area in every photo since announcing she pregnant! Seriously, it’s ridiculous and makes everyone look at your cloth. WTH is wrong with these women???

~~~~~~

AGREE! It looks nasty when anyone, even a duchess does it. ((Shudder))

laura said...

Wow that makes me way sadder than my thought about James aww

laura said...

Lauren's behavior is just a bit much though....desperate to fit in...

Willow said...

I took it that James' remark about allergic was just a joke, i.e., word play on the name Ivy. Like, poison ivy. I think it was a harmless joke. I have always liked James and I think he was just a hyper kid. My son was hyper and restless as a child but is a perfectly normal adult. My other comment is about Ben. I also noticed how "chill" (for lack of a better description) he was on the birth special. He seems that way a lot the last few years. He seems aimless and floaty to me. But then, Ben and Jessa are the couple that I just don't understand. I feel like I am always waiting for them to finally announce their plan but they never do.

Half pint said...

Oh, wow....Have you seen this?

My name is Emily Jaeger — formerly known to the world as Jane Doe III. Six months ago I testified against Bill Gothard in a Chicago courtroom ..... raised in ATI from 2005-2012, beginning when I was twelve years old...... my “paradise” was actually a cult......I became a victim of Bill Gothard — I was 13 years old and he was 76.
.... the most difficult battle of my life — fighting my former cult leader in a courtroom An emotional breakdown and severe PTSD brought me to rock bottom...

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2018/02/26/breaking-statement-from-jane-doe-emily-jaeger-on-lawsuit-against-bill-gothard-and-institute-in-basic-life-principles/

Annie said...

Just looked at Sierra's Instagram. The one where her husband Mark, is dancing with their little daughter has a story that brought tears to my eyes. https://www.instagram.com/p/By0-GkjlPBE/

Just thinking said...

Re:Willow's comment about James. Basically that's exactly what I meant when I said I believed that James equated "Ivy" with poison ivy, which he is allergic to. I think he is still somewhat hyperactive & restless but Michelle never noticed that he or any of the others had any problems, either issue with hyperactivity, restlessness, etc. which you apparently noticed with your son. When you have that many kids how do you notice that some might have learning issues, might need glasses, etc.? This just shows that you cannot give each child the attention they require when you have so many kids. If James was trying to make a joke fine, but if he was really thinking "Ivy = poison ivy" there's a problem & it's sad. So many hyperactive, restless kids are really very bright, when given the right schooling & direction in their lives.

Please explain: said...

Please explain:I keep reading about Lauren having a "Rainbow Baby." I have never heard this expression before. What does a Rainbow Baby" mean?

Mommy in PA said...

Rainbow baby is a baby born after a miscarriage/stillborn/infant loss. It's essentially the "rainbow after the storm".

Not a Mocker said...

To Please Explain:

A rainbow baby is a term used to mean a baby born after miscarriage, still birth, child loss, or infertility. As this baby is the “rainbow after the storm” (it’s a common term in the trying to conceive community)

Martha said...

A rainbow baby is the next baby born after a woman has had a miscarriage.

Aimee said...

I caught a clip of Josiah/Lauren announcing their first pregnancy. HER mom leapt up from the couch (where mind you, just like Michelle always did, she was nursing her baby in the midst of 30+ people) and was SO overjoyed. I think Josiah and Lauren have the pressure not just from the Duggars but very much from her family to have all of these babies - especially as Lauren is around age 20 and her mother is STILL having babies.

And quite honestly, the same for Kendra and Joe. Kendra's mom and sisters seem sweet but with her mom still having babies/raising many children they won't really be able to be much of a support for Kendra/Joe.

The saddest thing to me is the Duggars who have married children from other large families really don't know better. They only know how to be a number, a person in the line-up. They don't have any way of knowing how to have their own thoughts or actions.

got2bdrc said...

Mary would be a good name for the M n Ms

laura said...

Wait wait wait hold up. So jill can tell the Internet about what she does in bed but they cant wear bathing suits, dance, show knees or shoulders?
Ok. I am now SERIOUSLY confused....is this him nob approved or encouraged? And why does she think we give a crap, its gross to think about those 2...'adults' doing the deed. It actually makes me want to never have sex again.
For the 1st time I feel kind of sorry for jill, she is kind of a numbskull poor thing.
Its probably the picture book version....

Willow said...

Just Thinking: You are so right. Its sad for the kids that they get lost in the shuffle. I only had 2 children and the hyperactive one took a lot of our attention - not that we minded. My heart breaks for Michelle's children at times - partly for the restrictions of their faith (regarding mental and physical health issues) and partly for just the sheer numbers.

Stephanie said...

Yes I noticed Kendra’s mom there nursing in front of everyone leaping up and I believe she hugged Josiah if I remember right. Cringeworthy

Please explain said...

RE:All the replys to my question about what is a rainbow baby? Thanks everyone. I live in the northeast & have even worked in the hospital maternity dept. when I was going through nursing school for a number of months but still had never heard that expression.

DaisyMae said...

Jana posted on her Instagram stating her mom always says:Love should be multiplied not divided
Ironic since they are anti LGBTQ which in my eyes would be dividing love.

Wishing it so said...

RE:Aimee's comment about all the married Duggars who have married others from large families. I agree they know nothing else, especially the ones whose moms are still having babies. You can bet if Michelle could still conceive, she would be having as many as possible, as if she had never even had a baby in her lifetime. I don't think more than a very few have married someone who only has 2 or 3 siblings. The way they talk constantly, even before they find someone to marry about how many children the Lord will bless them with,they think of nothing else in life. They should have gone on to earn to least an Associates Degree or attend a Technical school. All those boys would do well to be licensed electricians or plumbers or the many opportunities in the Technical field. The girls could have attended hairdressing school & to learn a thing or two about grooming, got their license & be able to make a decent living. The girls could also be working in the field of technology. However, nowadays everyone needs some advanced education, especially if their schooling was done at TSOTDRT. If they did any schooling to prepare themselves for a career, there would still have been plenty of time to have babies. You don't need to have babies at age 19 or 20. You can wait until 24 or 25 & have some type of education that will lead to gainful employment. Their lives are a mess & they don't even realize it. Another baby will make everything better. And now a 3rd generation will grow up the same way. Jessa will be having babies when her daughter is.

What Jim Bob said? said...

RE: Laura said...

Wait wait wait hold up. So jill can tell the Internet about what she does in bed but they cant wear bathing suits, dance, show knees or shoulders?
Ok. I am now SERIOUSLY confused....is this him nob approved or encouraged? 6/28/2019 12:12 AM

~~~~~~~~

Someone help me out here, but before Jill married weren't she and Jim Bob in the master bedroom of where Jill and Derick were to live and Jim Bob made some remark about her calling him 'afterward' ?

Katie said...

I’m curious what exactly happened to Jeremy and Jinger’s adopted cat?

Sunny days said...

First I have heard of it either. Erin Bates had multiple miscarriages and I don’t recall them referring to Carson as a rainbow baby

Double bubble said...

I’m going to blame Jill for posting the intimacies of their anniversary celebration. It was her instagram . Jill has no filter and no sense of privacy. Derwick can try to back pedal all he wants but I think ignorant and simple Jilly Muffin posted this one. I feel sorry for her, really. She grew up in a bubble with horny parents who had no sense of privacy. Jim Boob is ultimately to blame according to .gothard teaching because he is the head of the family. So, yes, let’s blame Jim Bob ! I think Jill’s post is a little glimpse into the twisted perverted world these so called Christians actually live in.

Father of the year! said...

Re: What Jim Bob said. Yes you are correct about J.B. giving Jill & Derick a tour of the home they were going to live in after the wedding & in the master bedroom, he actually showed them the phone on the bedside table & told them they could call him after they had conceived. I don't know if he put it quite that delicately, or not. Anyway, it was as bad as the time he was humping Michelle at the mini-golf course & asking her if it turned her on, as she giggled her childish giggle. Of course, he then told Jessa & Ben that they couldn't do that until after they were married. It's no wonder sex is all those kids think about, they have listened to their own father talk so inappropriately for their entire lives. I've always though J.B. had way too much interest in the sex lives of his married kids but then he's always seemed to be extremely/overly, interested in sex in general. Believe me, when it comes to Josh, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Please help said...

To all the great poster out there, please give me your advise. I just read Jill's "sex advise" that she so graciously shared on social media & it's causing me a great deal of anxiety & confusion in my own married life. You see I have not followed any of Jill's advise, during my married life & somehow my husband & I have happily celebrated our 59th wedding anniversary. How does this happen ? Here is a young woman married 5 yrs. & she has all this fantastic knowledge that I have never been privy to. Dear posters, do you think it's possible that my husband & I(bearing any medical problems)can possibly make it to our 60th anniversary in a few short months, without changing our lifestyle, which has brought us 59 relatively happy yrs. so far, or should we immediately change to Jill's advice? Do you think changes such as Jill advocates will kill either one or both of us at this stage of our lives? It's too late for us to pay attention to her advise about not putting our children in charge of the house. We never did this & now they have their own homes & families & are not here to care for our pets & our home.

Life with father said...

Father of the year! said...
J.B. giving Jill & Derick a tour of the home...told them they could call him after they had conceived... humping Michelle at the mini-golf course & asking her if it turned her on... told Jessa & Ben that they couldn't do that until after they were married... J.B. always seemed to be extremely/overly, interested in sex in general... when it comes to Josh, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
________________________________________

I think you hit the nail on the head: If Jim Bob did that on camera for all the world to see, what was he doing at home that made Josh so curious? Isn't there a poem called YOU LEARN WHAT YOU LIVE?

Tori said...

Jill posted her Karma Sutra post the same day two of her sisters-in-law revealed the sex of the babies, it was all to put the attention firmly back on herself and it worked. These young people are constantly trying to one up each other, in such a large family their is no individuality and to this day some of them (especially Jill) feel the need to have the spotlight on themselves and it seems will resort to almost anything to have it!

lisa mcginess said...

anyone see the picture of michelle on the family blog in that striped dress she needs a make over

Loren said...

Josiah and Lauren are trying too hard to show they’re in love. It’s almost cringeworthy how staged all the interactions their posts are to see.

Gena said...

Is anyone else sick, bored and tired with baby announcements, births and a gazillion fundie selfies? I swear they spend 1/2 their days staging, posing and taking pictures. Less is more, seriously!

Remember said...

RE:lisa mcginess's comment about Michele in the stripped dress...she needed a makeover. Michelle had a very nice makeover, courtesy of her friend, Cindi a number of yrs. ago for her birthday. She even had her hair trimmed a little. J.B. was absolutely furious. Michelle didn't seem to like the makeover, not sure if it was because of J.B. or she really didn't' like it herself. When she walked in to the house everyone there (all her daughters included) said to her, don't worry your hair will grow back. I doubt we will ever see Michelle in another makeover. If she couldn't do better for her kids weddings, then she won't bother now, plus she knows how J.B. feels about her making herself even slightly attractive. I remember Cindi teasing the fuming J.B. that it was payback for something he had done, to upset her. Don't think there's was ever an explanation of exactly what he did to upset Cindi. Probably gave Michelle some tips on standing up to J.B.

Very sad said...

RE:Gena's comments about sick & tired of all the baby announcements, births & gazillion of selfies. The answer is :Yes. everyone is sick & tired of all of it. However these are absolutely the only things they consider worthwhile in their entire lives, so they want to share every detail with anyone who might possible be interested. When you've seen one marriage, pregnancy, gender reveal & all the fundie selfies, you've seen them all.

Elspeth said...

Joy and Austin lost the baby. It was a little girl they named Annabell Elise.