Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!
Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles. Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.
68 comments:
Lauren just announced her pregnancy!
Oh joy wow I am proud, happy & thrilled!! NOT!!
Why are not one of the Duggar boys good looking. Each appear to have early baldness. Their Dad JB appears to still have some good hair. Perhaps the baldness Gene is from Michelle’s side?
Yes,baldness comes from the mother's side,not the father
Jer and Jen are good looking. So are ALL the girls. But it doesn’t matter how any of them look. If they have good character, that’s what people see.
RE: Michelle breaking down & the Piano teacher taking over laundry duties. I wonder if they were paying for the piano lessons? As much as I might want my children to have the advantage of music lessons of any type, if my mental health was that frail the money would most certainly need to go for household help. On another subject I agree, that Justin looks about 12 yrs. old. He certainly doesn't have the appearance of a grown man about to take on a wife,to be followed by a pregnancy announcement, which in the Duggar clan that's about 3-4 weeks after the wedding.
Just think of it no education, NO REAL JOB, nothing going for him but whatever Jim Bob wants & that could just be the publicity for the show. Quite awhile since there's been a wedding, someone in the family has to march down the aisle. These kids are both sacrificial lambs. Who does this to their children?
Yes,who thinks their parenting duties are over when their child turns 17? And that the 17 yo is ready for marriage?
https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/12/07/kendra-duggar-christina-caldwell-pregnancy/
How special. Kendra and her Mother, are both pregnant at the same time! The fact that they can't spell the word, "pregnancy" is not surprising.
It looks like only two confirmed Duggar pregnancies, Lauren and Kendra.
https://hopeandstead.com/
This is the link to Jeremy and Jinger's online store. A candle for $21, or a beanie for $25.
What does shopping and Christ have in common? I am not sure. But apparently it makes sense to Jeremy Vuolo.
Jeremy wore a mask to church and took it off to attend two services.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13420426/jinger-duggar-maskless-husband-jeremy-church/amp/
I can’t find anything confirming Layluren is pregnant.
I don't see anywhere online that Lauren is confirmed pregnant.It isn't listed on Wiki's Counting On page,either
I live in a large metro city & have access to a plethora of places to shop so I won’t buy a Vuolo candle or beanie. Geez!
And Claire.
Lauren said she is hoping for twins. I hope her wish come true and she gets a replacement for Ava.
It was there. But sorry to say Lauren lost this baby. She must be so sad to have experienced
such a loss a second time. So sad.
Vuolo’s selling Beanies. During the 40’s & 50’s Beanies were required to be worn by college Freshmen to distinguish them from upper classmen. That behavior has long been gone for many years. BTW I make candles for family, friends & myself. Never a need to pay $21 for a candle. Obviously Jeremy & Jinger do not live in the reality of the financial world or perhaps they are desperate to make an income? I thought Daddy Duggar dearest was providing financial support because Jeremy is in seminary? This family is a clustered mess!
Vuolo’s desperate to make an income or just desperate to gain additional attention or both??
I just think Jeremy seems to have changed a lot since he was a pastor in Laredo. He and Jinger seemed so happy then. I think he is determined to be some kind of star. I think he wants to be a celebrity no matter which avenue that takes to achieve. I think he would like to be like Joel Osteen, but that would take too long and he wants attention for his looks NOW. Its so disappointing. I don't care for him at all anymore and its just my own personal vibe that I don't think Jinger is really that happy. I also have something to add on a completely different subject. I really do not care for the new baby's name. That is not really important, however, I do feel the younger generation of "famous fundies" and their circles are doing a lot of copying of their babies' names. Not important. Just an observation. There are so many beautiful names in the world, but it seems some of them have trouble thinking for themselves. lol. Just random thoughts. Hope ya'all are safe and well and enjoying the holidays as best we can this year.
https://popculture.com/reality-tv/news/counting-on-justin-duggar-fiancee-claire-defends-him-engagement-ring-purchase/
Justin works full time? Doing what? He met Claire, and "knew" he wanted to get married to her a week later. Of course...after all Justin has had so many opportunities to meet other girls.
I think Justin lives in Ft. Worth now and works for Claire's dad, who has a construction company. I read that Claire works there as well.
A question I have is: Where is the info that Lauren Duggar is pregnant and/or had a miscarriage, besides here? I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything about it. Just curious. Thanks.
So sad for Lauren as miscarrying a second time must be quite difficult to handle. Hoping this time Lauren will be permitted to seek professional
help. Hoping Sharla & everyone here are well & safe. Take care. Enjoy this holiday season.
Justin is still a child. I can’t believe both sets of parents actually support this marriage. Their way of thinking is so antiquated & skewed. Just really messed up.
Lauren’s miscarriage was on one of the Duggar’s instagrams. It might be gone. It seems like she doesn’t want the attention this time..
If Justin is working for a construction company he probably is making good money. Especially if some of it is under the table. And especially if free food and housing comes with the job, like it did for Ben when he was 18 and living with the Duggars. With such circumstances, Justin probably is able to build up his bank account. He might be starting out married life more financially secure than his brothers!
Yes, the problem with construction is that it is hard, physical labor, and by age 35, it is very tough to keep going. Maybe he will actually get into an apprenticeship, and do plumbing or electrical.
I don't put the Duggars down for homeschooling. Just feel like they don't allow their children to have an opportunity to choose what they want. They control every single thing in their children's lives. Which is why Josh made such poor choices as an adult, because he was never allowed the chance to ever make any decisions as a young adult. They just married him off as soon as possible.
Thanks anonymous for answering my question. I feel for Lauren and Josiah. I agree that I hope she can get professional medical care if she needs it.
Which Instagram was it on?
I hope she didn’t name it this time.
https://people.com/parents/bringing-up-bates-whitney-bates-pregnant-expecting-4th-child-coronavirus-zach-bates-exclusive/
Look at those high heels! And short dress! Those Bates girls sure make the Duggar girls look like something the cat dragged in!
Whitney also had a miscarriage?
Ok several questions I hope someone will address.. Thanks.
Why does Jim Bob & Michelle continually project an air of Christianity & good parenting? It appears to be a ruse.
The honest & real reason Jim Bob despises education for his children?
Why marry off the Duggar daughters & now sons so quickly? Why marry them off too young, educationally disadvantaged & zero skills?
Why the continuous objectification of women & purporting continual pregnancies?
Why won’t Jim Bob & Michelle acknowledge they are in a sick & disturbed Cult?
Why does TLC continue with this ridiculous & now more so boring content of this stupid show?
Why does TLC project or sanctify a family who does not prepare their children specifically women for the future? Does TLC support ignorance?
In closing I believe several of the Duggar kids will finally wake up & realize the sick religious abuse forced upon them by the Duggar parents. It’s clear Jim Bob does not control by care & love. He controls via money, purse strings & distribution of funds depending upon which Duggar kid is worshiping at his feet. This is narcissistic & dictatorial behavior it’s not love. It’s my hope that some day each one of the 19 Duggar kids will finally realize the abuse of their parents.
Jinger is "happy". Because she has no other choice. Her parents would never let her come home, ever. She can't support herself or her children. This is her life. She has to make the best of it.
Maybe Jana is the smartest of the Duggar girls.
Jim Bob is a person who lacks honesty, dignity & truth. He’s limited on so many levels.
I'm sorry for Lauren but as a nurse, I believe that Lauren, as well as a number of the other Dugger daughters & daughter-in-laws, need some quality medical care & not just when they are pregnant. Although, they do need to forget about theses midwives they use. Let's face it, most of them do not use skilled midwives, or any quality care. It's as if they throw their health care to the winds & see what happens. I have to wonder how many more pregnancies Anna can go through without good medical care? After all, as she ages this will definitely start to effect her body. Again I say, get some good prenatal care, go to the hospital for safe deliveries. No more emergency trips to the hospital following delivery at home, when blood transfusions are needed.I'm talking to you Jessa.
Can we truly contemplate the voyeurism involved in the filming of one's every day life? Can we truly understand the environment of prying eyes - the lens and audience- or the psychological effects that impact self-perception? Has anyone studied how reality tv shows impact people, especially children?
Will JimBob and Michelle need to beg forgiveness one day? I hope they are willing.
How can the Duggar children even know what life would have been like without filming. I am sure the financial side was sweet but worth it?
Shame
Jacob Roloff instagram has a lot to say about this and some other sad revelations.
It’s not just Jim. Michele is complicit.
If there were not numerous births, publicized miscarriages, and rushing to hospitals because of botched home births, they’d have a more boring show. Bring on the drama. And the revenue. Perhaps conjoined twins..
Also both Jim Bob & Michelle disrespect their children & in general most people. The word respect is a foreign word to these two despicable people whose only mission is to fool everyone their plan is a utter failure.
Disgusted Nurse, I support your comment 100%. Within my family are two Nurses one is a Nurse Practitioner & works with pregnant women & she’s expressed her opinion about the Duggar women’s total disregard for pre natal care. She said It’s not loving the unborn child its basically abuse. It’s too bad ignorant Jim Bob promoted no pre natal care for his daughters & daughters in law. Who the heck does he believe he is? The man barely graduated high school. Is knowledge of professional medicine & practice of medicine is NILL. He’s an idiot whom TLC loves to film. Just so stupid.
Zebra Crossing, regardless of the Duggar kids were filmed or not I doubt the end result would have been different. Ole Jim Bob would still continue is narcissistic & dictatorial ruling of his family. Jim Bob would continue to control through limited education of his kids & preventing them from college or a career. Jim Bob would continue to arrange marriages, would continue to promote continual pregnancies & would definitely control the finances of every kid regardless if they were married or not. Sadly living in the USA the Duggar kids have been Robbed of basic rights & freedom. Even though their lives have been exposed via reality TV no agency in Arkansas cares because no agency has taken action.
Lauren said she was a nurse. She took 2 years at a Community College but decided it was not for her. I have to remind myself she is so young to be 20 and have had two miscarriages. I hope she gets mental health treatment but doubt she will.
The financial side of the Duggar’s reality show further fueled the narcissistic behavior of Jim Bob. His need to convince viewers about the fundie Cult is obviously a failure & will never come to fruition. Jim Bob is too ignorant to resize this fact!! He just continues to live in his pathetic delusional world.
I've always thought Jb found a religion that allowed him to control the money,his wife, and his kids,even as adults,and that's why he embraced it.He insisted M do so as well,so that as head of household,no one,in the name of religion,can go against him.Which works out just fine for him,albeit no one else.I recall when M thought they were going to get a much needed washing machine,as they had the money now,and Jb told her NO
Jim is responsible for dictating who gets to marry who. And for who gets paid or not paid for being on the show. And maybe for promoting home births to save money. But I believe it is Michelle who promotes multiple births, ineffective, religious based home schooling, blanket training, children raising children, etc. So Jim is not the only villain here. He has a partner. A joyfully available partner, I might add.
Jim Bob is the epitome of a mean spirited narcissist & he’s also creepy. Hoping TLC will wake up & cancel CO. The ratings of that boring show continue to plummet.
Sandi, Great Post. This makes sense. With Jim Bobs limited brain capacity of course he would choose to use religion as a crutch to control his kids. Ive always believed that Jim Bob was never sincere or honest about his fundie religion. That behavior very sick & disturbing really creepy.
I believe that JB has a severe learning disability. That is why he doesn't want his children to excel at academics, or anything else, due to his narcissism. He wants to be better than his kids, and he wants them dependent on him. My own opinion.
As for getting married early, that way none of them will be free to make any other choices. Nothing like 3 kids before you are 23, to completely take away all of life's choices from you.
TLC has found a group of people who are obsessed with breeding and pregnancy. It is a twisted fetish. But, obviously lucrative for TLC. That is why this show is still on.
I doubt Lauren was ever a nurse. She just wanted to get married.
Jim Bob has a very hesitating way of speaking when he’s on tv. It’s as if he’s choosing his words carefully. I wonder if his kids or the viewers notice this.
Student Jim Bob had a hard time in school because he is dyslexic. They disclosed this on the show some years ago. Michelle recognized the signs. So, his parents didn't and obviously did nothing for him during his school years. No one should struggle in school without help and support of their parents. He didn't have that evidently..(I can't believe I just typed something supportive of Jim Bob...this was not his fault.) HOWEVER, the a-hole he grew up to be, IS his doing.
Why does Jim Bob say and do so many sexual things when he KNOWS he’s on camera? 2 examples: Pretending to hump his wife during mini golf. And saying “I guess they figured it out,” when their first daughter to marry announced her pregnancy.
Re Jim Bob speaking on TV perhaps he was coached by TLC is my opinion...
One of my nephews is dyslexic &
graduated college with honors. Jim
Bob could have sought hep on his own but clearly was never interested in an education. I agree with your last sentence.
To earn a degree in nursing or specifically as an RN requires four years of college. To become a nurse practitioner requires a Masters degree. Lauren does not one who emotes a high level of intelligence. So therefore I do not believe Lauren is a nurse.
If in fact Lauren is a nurse & completed 2 years of college to earn an associate degree in nursing then she is a LPN or Licensed Practical Nurse but not an RN.
Seriously & realistically within the Duggar fundie world Jim Bob will never permit Lauren to seek professional help. Abusive & disgusting.
Re publicized Duggar marriages & home births it’s clear that TLC encourages & supports this behavior. So TLC will do anything for ratings & the almighty $$$. TLC is just as complicit as the Duggar’s. It’s a very sick situation.
Why doesn’t Jim Bob buy a throne & place a crown on his head? This guy sees himself as TV royalty & rules his family as a dictator. His kids have zero freedom of thought & choices in life.
In the episode where Lauren talked about attending the junior college, she basically said she only took the pre-requisites for the nursing classes.
Clearly Jim Bob is obsessed with the physical side of marriage or he would exercise some respect & decorum two words that are not part of his vocabulary or are foreign to him. Also his inappropriate behavior is not one of a person who is religious it’s just really creepy!
Re Jim Bobs inappropriate comments clearly he chooses to dangle his feet in the gutter. I am curious as to the opinion the ego inflated men who control the fundie church where the Duggar’s attend think about Jim Bob?
Community colleges often offer high school remedial classes for homeschoolers as well as for sub-par public school students who somehow made it to graduation. These remedial classes do not offer college credits and often bring the students up to college level. Maybe Lauren took some of these classes.
Once a young woman marries a Duggar young man does the young woman give up her life & family & allow Jim Bob to control all aspects of the marriage? I ask because it sure seems to be the case..
re: male baldness mentioned above
Male baldness coming from mom's side has been debunked. it can come from either side. These women don't need anything else to be blamed on them.
The Duggar women lack a plethora of education. They are limited. They need to stop focusing on continual pregnancy & pursue continuing education as this will improve not only their lives but the lives of their children.
Jim Bobs inappropriate behavior & comments is clearly a desperate need to seek attention regardless of positive or negative. He’s one who has never grown up & has always exuded a high level of immaturity. He hides behind religion because his level of intelligence is extremely limited. His desperate need to control every aspect of his kids lives is another sign of his insecurity. He has an overly inflated ego. He uses God as an excuse. He’s just not an authentic or credible person.
Post a Comment