Josh's Misdeeds

 As Josh's trial moves slowly through the justice system, we can ponder his misdeeds and the process here.  

151 months sentence!


JB and Anna leaving


Josh is in Seagoville FCI.


156 comments:

Size said...

Because of Josh’s despicable behavior twice the reality show is done #1 19 kids & counting cancelled because of Josh. #2 Counting On cancelled because of Josh. How is it that Jim Bob, Michelle & Anna can’t see this reality about Josh. Are their blinders really that dark or is it the Cult controlling their opinions & misguided loyalty to Josh?

wondering...... said...

I have seen several comments that TLC will just re-brand the show. But weren't both the Willis Family (whose dad went to prison for abusing underage family members) and Mama June, who went back with her pedo boyfriend on TLC? they didn't bring them back.

Heart in Florida said...

Jim Bob and Michelle's own egos brought them to where they are now. With what they knew about Josh those years ago, no one in their right mind would have gone on TV. They said it themselves on TV...'your sins will find you out.' Well, the parents' sins have been found out. They branded themselves as such a close, Christian "we ALL want the same thing in life" family, etc. Well, Josh never bought in to their beliefs and they knew it. Forcing the guy to live as they do didn't help the matter IMO. Years ago, they should have given him the education he wanted; to become a lawyer and let him live his life. Perhaps if he was out there in life; lived a more normal single male adult life on his own, away from his parents; not forcing him to marry when he didn't want a married life, he would have not accelerated to the degree that he did in his bad behavior and criminally-moral acts. I partially hold his parents responsible. They could NOT stay away from TV. Their own desires for fame and money.

Yodel said...

To Wondering., your point is accurate. I just don’t.believe hat YLC will retract their decision to cancel Counting On. It was definitely the correct decision to end this show as it was becoming very boring. JB’s attempt to subtly promote the Cult in my opinion is an epic failure. Obviously JB was clueless about the Viewers who watched the show as a majority of them watched out of curiosity. Now that Counting On is cancelled I’m sure JB & Michelle will continue to live in their world of delusion as will Anna who is not capable of facing the truth about Josh.

colen said...

Per Wondering...
Rumor is Jeremy and Jinger will have a show on a different network. But Jinger said in a recent podcast she is through with minor celeb life.

Some think UP tv might pickup Duggar reruns or shoot a couple of specials. I doubt it.

Aunt Bea said...

The Duggar parents won't go down quietly. They are two for two on that already. Once Josh's case is done with, they will approach TLC for a 'new' show. If TLC doesn't already have that in mind. That producer guy, Scott, is in thick with Jim Bob.

Z said...

No one wants another boring Duggar promoting a cult show. The Duggars are deceptive & dishonest about the way they live it’s a facade. Jim Bob uses the sick cult to control his family. Jim Bob’s religion is $$$ let’s just call it what it is. Scott of TLC should be ashamed & his position terminated. PLEASE NO MORE DUGGARS ON TV!

June said...

Re Jim Bob’s pathetic attempt to promote the Cult through Counting On it definitely Backfired! If anything the show demonstrated that Viewers would never choose giving up their freedom & choices go a stupid Gothard cult as this cult’s main objective is to control women & promote power of men. It’s wrong on so many levels.

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.today.com/parents/jim-bob-michelle-duggar-speak-out-following-counting-cancellation-t224427

Not a word about "He who must not be mentioned". Probably ran this by the attorney first. The TLC Money Grab is done.

Anonymous said...

"Counting the Years til Probation" could be the rebirth of the show. I think it would get the biggest viewership ever if it focused on the oldest son in prison plus his wife and children and their hardships and beliefs, and gradually started showing the rest of the family as well. Big audience! Two of the adult girls have husbands who could consider prison ministry. The whole family could help with the ministry and helping inmates recover. Please TLC, reconsider. I want to see this family. I love them.

Arnie said...

Question... How is it or it appears the remaining 9 Duggar boys managed to escape or avoid nefarious & sick behavior but Josh did not. John David & his brothers all appear to be good guys. I’m sure if these guys were engaging in porn & other creepy behavior by now it would have surfaced. I’m sure Josh’s brothers especially John David are angry & disturbed with his criminal behavior. I’m sure the Duggar boys who now are Dads will not permit Josh to be around their children. John David appears to be a reasonable & credible person. I hope someone will reply to this post. In the end I believe Josh learned his sick behavior from Jim Bob who when he was on camera often made disturbing remarks about intimate issues.

Mollie said...

Well Josh should be feeling relieved that his father in law Mr Keller has a prison ministry.

zebra crossing said...

Per Arnie...Josh is definitely the 'bad seed'. who really knows why...but I agree...it appears the other boys are decent and normal. I don't wish ill on anyone but I think Josh deserves to go to jail for a long time...will his parents ever realize they have contributed to his behaviour simply by not addressing it properly?

Mia said...

Annie, I think the short answer is Jim Bob. Remember when it was revealed that Josh thinks he's smarter than most people on the Ashley Madison questionnaire? Who does that sound like? I think JB taught his oldest son all of his slick, weasley ways and that Josh is a kindred spirit. Also, we don't know everything about JB yet. I look for a lot of things to come to light.

Arnie said...

Because of the dumb Gothard. cult that controls Jim Bob & Michelle I doubt they will ever realize they were the catalyst the contributed to Josh’s behavior as they live in a unrealistic world of delusion.. Cults are so dangerous. Agreed Josh is definitely the Bad Seed!

Z said...

To Anon, TLC should not reconsider another boring show about the deceptive Duggar’s is mentally unhealthy because this family chooses to be in & promote a cry disturbing & sick Cult. The Duggars need to move on.

Z said...

Clearly Gothard, Fame & Money is the religion of Jim Bob & Michelle.

zebra crossing said...

Any thing new on this subject? I am praying that every 'i'is dotted and every 't' is crossed with the evidence. I know the JokePest is innocent until proven guilty but with his history, it doesn't seem likely. I am wondering how he lived all those months with knowing that his crimes were found out when his computer was confiscated. Did anyone else know it? Were they shocked when he was arrested? I feel like Anna knew something was going on. Maybe not every detail because you know, she is a woman and probably wouldn't understand it all (sarcasm). I think Ma and Pa Duggar knew. That has to be why they filmed that last hurrah where kids sat around and talked about their being saved stories. Like this was the last chance to get that message out there.


How odd it must have been to film and publish their baby gender reveal video just a few days before the arrest.

I have no proof but have read on other sites that Anna is at the Reber house often.
I've seen pictures of two of the children in Texas. Is the whole family together?
Reber daughter is engaged to Anna's brother now.
I read where Joke's attorneys are questioning the integrity of the Homeland Security agent.

Who thinks that JoshDuggar will do a plea deal? If not, I can't wait to listen to how his attorneys explain all of this in a trial.

Linda said...

For what it's worth, there is one of those gossip blind items out about a past reality star on child pornography charges who is supposed to be working out a plea deal. Many people assume that it's Josh.

Mickey2942 said...

If Josh is able to get a good plea deal, he will have to plead guilty in court. That will crush Anna's belief in the fact that Josh is innocent.

An interesting conundrum. Should Josh continue to maintain his innocence? And risk going to trial? If he goes to trial, and loses, he could get a lot more time in prison. Or he acknowledges his guilt, and maybe gets a lighter sentence.

If Josh is guilty, he would be better off to work a potential plea agreement.

Katielou said...

Mickey2942, even if Joshie takes a plea, Anna will always maintain his innocence and say he just did it to spare the family from an expensive trial. Nobody takes responsibility for their own actions these days.

Colen said...

Maybe he will plea no-contest.

Linda said...

He'd have to have the court's permission to plea nolo contendere in federal court. I doubt they'd have any reason to allow him to go there.

Mickey2942 said...

It is interesting that he was charged with federal crimes. If these were state charges, I am sure he would wriggle it down to probation. Federal Court charges have mandatory sentences.

Mollie said...

Clearly Josh is a narcissist. He’s extremely self absorbed. As the eldest Duggar kid by his parents Josh was taught that he can do no wrong & that the World revolves around him. He is definitely the Prince of Delusion. Josh has zero respect for Anna. If divorce was possible long ago Josh would have bolted.

KatieLou said...

If Anna is camping out with Joshie making his sandwiches as has been reported elsewhere, does anyone know where their six kids are staying?

Aunt Bea said...

If Josh and Anna were truly good parents, Josh would tell Anna that he 'was fine' at these people's house; that she needed to be with the children and take care of them. Obviously, no one is caring about those 6 children they already have...and she'about to have a 7th? IMO, Anna is not a good mother. Parents protect their children before they protect themselves.

Debbie said...

I read the kids are with her family members. Ma and Pa Duggar and Anna don’t get along well, apparently.

Daddysgirl said...

Hi Debbie. If JB & M aren’t getting along with Anna (or vice versa) iwould bet it’s because they are blaming her for Joshie’s troubles! They’ll be turning the tables onto her. What a life, Anna living in a warehouse with apparently no window. And kids at the Kellers? who are just as indoctrinated as the Duggars! Those kids have no chance!

Sparkey said...

Not surprised that Anna doesn’t get on well with Jim Bob & Michelle. Unless one completely buys into JB & M way of thinking & or parenting? then the Duggar parents will probably shun a person. Both Jim Bob & Michelle make me ill.

Mickey2942 said...

Anna is obviously the cause of all of Josh's problems. She probably didn't make him enough sandwiches or the type he wanted. She wasn't vigilant enough to keep Josh away from CSAM. Of course, victim blame is part and parcel to this religion.

Missy said...

Just when did this engagement between Anna's brother & the Reber daughter take place? For that matter how long have they known each other? I was under the impression that Anna's family lived in Florida. Supposedly the Reber Family were friends of the Duggars from their church affiliation, in AR. Something is fishy about that entire story. Why wouldn't it have been stated in the beginning, that Josh was staying with the Rebers, because of the relationship between Anna's brother & the Reber daughter, instead of this "mock church friendship" between the Duggars & the Reber family? The Duggars have always had the most convenient friendships with people who were able to help them out by working on building their home, teaching their children, Ms. Theresa the always available midwife, Michelle's best friend from high school, who, was the wedding planner for many of the Dugger daughters & then immediately became a pediatric nurse when one was needed for preemie Josie. The list goes on & on.

Heart in Florida said...

I thought Josh was supposed to be housed with a completely neutral third party? There now is a family relationship between Josh, Anna and the Rebers. Should the court have been notified of this engagement?

Kimboz said...

Don’t get me wrong. I believe Joshie Duggar is a slime ball who should go to prison for a very long time. I read in a couple different articles that Josh is saying that his legal team hasn’t received all discovery in his case. This would be his legal team speaking, not him personally. Keep in mind that a defense attorney’s job is to try every conceivable tactic to get their client acquitted. That’s just how our legal system works. People plead not guilty all the time, even when there is overwhelming evidence, but hope their legal team can find a technicality to get charges thrown out.

Lila said...

The response to Josh's team's request for discovery was that they were asking for something that did not exist. :)

Mia said...

With all the talk of "aggressively defending" Josh it sure sounds like his attorneys may be wanting to go to trial! I really, really hope so. Jim Bob, Michelle and especially Anna need to hear EVERYTHING.

zebra crossing said...

What would you tell your children if their dad was arrested and then ordered to live in someone else's house? And supposedly, their mom has left them with grandparents(?) and is with the missing dad. How do you tell them that dad may go to prison. That he may go to trial in court? Are the kids just being entertained? School will start soon. Who will teach them if Anna is not with them?
I had a friend whose partner was in prison for fraud. Her kids were told that daddy was at camp.

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.nwahomepage.com/northwest-arkansas-news/prosecutors-in-josh-duggars-child-porn-case-say-his-attorneys-are-on-a-fishing-expedition-for-additional-info/

This article is interesting. I think Josh's attorneys are trying to make a case to move the charges to state court. Jurisdiction issue.

Anonymous said...

The solution is right in front of us. The truth. Send the kids to public school and tell them their father is in prison. And to study hard and become lawyers and perhaps get him out early. And btw, not to have more than 2 kids each.

Disgusted said...

People can say all they want about what a good mother Anna is. I don't believe a word of that. She has chosen her husband over those poor beautiful children. The kids have been fended off to who knows who & who know where. Anna is no different than Michelle. Michelle chose to fend all her children(with the exception of Josie) off on their older sisters for their daily care & education while she devoted herself to her beloved Jim Bob. Why are these women giving birth to these children if they really don't care about them? All the Duggar grandchildren are beautiful but with the exception of a very few i.e. Jinger's girls, Abbie & John David's Grace, they are only there as props for the public. What a shame that they are not receiving the love & attention they deserve. Josh's children are getting older & I too would like to know what they've been told about their dad & why their lives have been uprooted. Children are smarter than many parents actually believe. They must have questions at this point in time.

Size said...

Its true I’m sure Josh & Anna’s kids have questions however the answer they will be given could be a lie telling them their Dad is away at a camp or some other dumb reason.

Apart from Josh & Anna... I believe that Jill & Derick are good parents as well.

Z said...

Anna lives with her head in the clouds & refuses to face reality. I don’t believe Anna can handle reality she’s too brainwashed.

Also Disgusted said...

I agree that Anna is definitely brainwashed. However she owes it to those children, that she constantly says "God gave her" as well a to the God that gave her these blessings, to put on her big girl panties & be a real mom that tells her children the truth & then helps them via professional counseling to get through this ordeal. I agree children are smarter than some parents believe & those poor kids probably don't know what going on in their lives. Don't forget children often blame themselves for things that are totally out of their control.

Size said...

I doubt that Anna has ever heard the words professional counseling. From what I’ve watched on both Duggar shows Anna is not bright she is a “yes” person. Anna is comfortable to go along & let Josh, Jim Bob & Michelle think for her. Anna is s Stepford wife. Of all the Duggar sister in laws Anna is the one most obedient without thought. A close second is Kendra followed by the whiney Lauren. I have no clue about the wives of Justin & Jed or Jer. I can’t recall which twin is married? Of the Duggar daughter in laws the only one who appears to think for herself is Abbie.

zebra crossing said...

Another question I have-where will Anna deliver? I mean-if it is at home in the warehouse, Jersh can't be there, right? If it is at the LaCounts house, that is just rude and gross. If it is the big house? How? No privacy and Jersh would be banned. If it is in the hospital or birthing centre, then Jersh can't be there. What about at the toilet birth house? Would BenJessa allow that? Oh, I hope not.
Anna's husband is such a jerk. He is a liar and cheater besides all the other horrific things he as done. Shuddering.

Leia said...

Re the upcoming birth of Anna’s 7th child.. Well you know old buy used & save the difference Jim Bob will have his ugly head involved in Anna’s birth. Since CO is no longer a viable show & to avoid the hosp & $$$ Ole Jim Bob will probably insist on a home birth. The continuing ignorance & stupidity of Jim Bob & Michelle is incredible.

Axel said...

I hope the GPS monitor attached to Josh ankle is irritating.

Mickey2942 said...

Blanket training ends independent thought from Day One. The only accepted action is passive acceptance of what is given to you.

Anna has not been allowed to think for herself, ever. I don't see her changing now. When Josh is gone, she will probably go to her parents house with her children.

Heart in Florida said...

I don't think Josh cares very much to be present when M7 is born. He has more important things on his mind right now, like the rest of his life. It would be Anna who would be 'suffering' if Josh was not able to be present...Josh would be doing just fine at LaCount's house.

zebra crossing said...

LOL. Per Axel - the ankle monitor. Yes. I hope it causes much irritation and pain. Could they add a taser feature anytime he kisses Anna? Would this man benefit from chemical castration? I just don't know how he is coping without feeding his addiction. And his computer and phone were taken in 2019, right? So you know he went and bought replacements. Does that mean he hasn't viewed porn (just consensual adult kind even) since then? Many men who have sexual deviant addictions cannot perform with their partner. Surprised that Anna is even pg. I hope he is forbidden from attending birth. I think -Heart in Florida- you are correct. But he might enjoy her suffering in childbirth. I pray she has a safe delivery.

Anonymous said...

Medicare pays for hospital births.
Medicare is our taxes.

Linda said...

No, Medicare does not pay for hospital births unless someone is already on Medicare. One must be 65 or older or receiving Social Security benefits for the blind, disabled, or aged to be on Medicare.

Perhaps you were thinking of Medicaid. That only covers births if one applies for and qualifies for Medicaid.

Mickey2942 said...

With the content of what Josh was watching, I can tell you, if he was my brother, I wouldn't feel comfortable around him at all. And definitely, he wouldn't be around my kids. The CSAM material is just way too creep.

Wonder how his family is dealing with this...

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3398427/anna-duggar-staying-josh-guardians-child-pornography-trial/

"Stand by your man...."

zebra crossing said...

https://lawandcrime.com/celebrity/josh-duggar-tries-to-dismiss-child-porn-charges-on-grounds-that-trumps-homeland-security-leaders-were-unlawfully-appointed/?fbclid=IwAR34AiN7UWf70VxZ2yWSoZhU4s-hXf1Svnbp6cHQ_EGU1f5JPY6y8GxL-ms

Seems like they aren't even saying he didn't do this now. I hope this is just grasping at straws and will be seen as a ridiculous ploy by attorneys. I hope it cost Jb a ton of money.

KatieLou said...

Josh’s legal team is just throwing darts at the wall hoping something sticks. First that President Biden set him up even though he wasn’t president at the time and now backtracking to former President Trump having illegally appointed Homeland Security officials. It would be funny if this wasn’t such a despicable sickening crime.

zebra crossing said...

It would be so fun if Derick Dillard, the attorney, would help explain all the legal motions and nonsense the defense is presenting. I hope JlmBlurb is paying through his teeth. You know he has already used up Josie's college fund.

Melissa said...

Unfortunately Josie didn't have a college fund to begin with, since she's a girl. Or actually one of their children (boy or girl). JB and Minnie Mouse don't seem to support college for their kids

zebra crossing said...

Yeah, I was being snarky when I mentioned the college fund. But out of all the kids, do you think she might be more open to that? Or would she have been so indoctrinated into the cult that she would never even consider? I know college isn't the answer for everyone but with that many kids, seems someone would speak up and want to go.

zebra crossing said...

I mean. There are 17 comments for August so far. Almost three times that amount on this thread. The Duggar 'Fans' have been reduced to talking about Jersh and his ugly misdeeds. I suppose if Jana has a wedding or someone announces a pregnancy, there would be interest in that.
I've watched some scenes from various Duggar shows and interviews. It makes me so mad when JlmBlurb insists on calling Jersh a child when he mentions the incident with the daughters. He even has Jill and Jessa believing that. Supposedly, the girls were asleep and didn't even know it happened until Jersh told his parents. Maybe? But that is just so far fetched. I think the girls were gaslighted into believing that. Threatened? Who knows. And probably the incidents were much more than is known. I can see the parents and the Jersh downplaying it, making it seem like a curious young boy. Five year olds playing doctor- that is pretty normal. That curiosity happens all the time. Teenager preying on his younger sisters isn't normal.

Anonymous said...

Jim b. Said the touching was over the clothes.

Melissa said...

Part of the reason JB and Minnie Mouse kept pushing the storyline that Josh touched the girls while they were asleep and over their clothes is to also eliminate any fault for the girls. Yes I know that sounds crazy to even say that because it definitely was NOT the girls fault. However their stupid cult teaches that in the workbooks. Therefore, JB and Minnie Mouse kept over emphasizing that in the interview.

Aunt Bea said...

During that interview with Megan Kelly a few years ago, Jim Bob "chose" to only reference one attempt at sexual assault from Josh on his sisters when he said it occurred "over the clothes" as they slept. He obviously forgot Josh cornering Jinger in the laundry room in broad daylight as she did the laundry AND Josh having 5 year old Joy on his lap during the day "reading a story to her" and assaulting her with his fingers. Yes, that was 'only over the clothes"...Jim Bob selects his statements very carefully under the advice of his attorney. Mr. Travis Story must make a lot of money off of the Duggar family and their need for legal representation.

Anonymous said...

Jim b humped someone over the clothes while on the mini golf course.

Sparkey said...

Jim Bob has always practiced “convenient memory” or memory when it suits his purpose. He’s disgusting.

Melissa said...

Oh wow. I knew about the incident with "a five year old on the lap" but not about cornering one of the girls in the laundry room. So sad and disgusting. It makes me even more mad at Jim Bob and Michelle. How can they sleep at night especially with the allegations now? I read where they're trying to throw out the pictures of Josh's hands that can be used to compare if he has participated in any of the CSA videos. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about it. I pray he spends many years in jail and by the time he gets out, Anna is too old to impregnate.

Mickey2942 said...

The entire interview was a disgusting attempt to minimize, deflect, justify and victim blame.

And, INMO, didn't come close to the actual truth about Josh. When Michelle stated that little girls and toddlers need to learn to be more modest, and that boys should not have to change diapers for baby girls...

Shut The Front Door!!!

It was when she said that, I knew that Josh Duggar had a problem. And, unfortunately, he was not referred for treatment. Shaving his head and making him work on houses wasn't the cure.

Mia said...

For many years we have seen or read stories about narcissists who became criminals. And many times there was a parent in the background, quietly bailing out a beloved son and excusing his misdeeds. Usually it was a mother, but in Josh's case it's both parents, though his dad seems to be the most determined to "get him off". He's sacrificing his relationships with all his other children to do it, too. I wonder why. And I wonder what we will learn if or when this case goes to trial. I feel sure that if Josh gets the chance he will arrogantly decide to go to trial, believing that he is smarter than everyone involved. And I believe he will be desperate enough to spill the beans to try and save his own skin.

zebra crossing said...

Jersh is tainted. No matter what else happens from this point forward- he is ruined, a blight on the family name and brand, a soiled soul. I am curious about whether he will go to trial. I wonder why his parents are trying so hard (at the abandonment of all the other children) to get these charges dropped. Maybe they think that they can reform him this time if ONLY they have a chance. Prison will do its own reforming.
I have a feeling that one of his brothers is terrified he will be named in this mess. Did Jersh as the polluted big brother we know he is, lead one of the J boys down this path with him?
Come on, Duggars. You have to know he is guilty. It really shouldn't even be a surprise. Tragic.

Linda said...

Michelle's leave and cleave didn't play well with Josh. They could have treated him as an adult and let him handle the situation he created on his own. That's what parents who have brought up a child as they should usually do. This reminds of the usually pampered youngest son who gets into trouble and gets far more than their share of the family attention and goods and who never straightens out until the parents get tired of it, run out of money, die, or never straighten out.

Mickey2942 said...

True. They have never really made Josh clean up his own mess. He is a perpetual man child. He loses a job? No problem, JB hires him to lump around the car lot.

I wonder what Josh's legal expenses have been? He has sure been in a lot of trouble.

Mia said...

I'm telling you, I never really believed that JB, much as I dislike him, had a hand in corrupting Josh. For the first time ever I am having doubts. Because he seems willing to spend EVERY DIME HE HAS to save this situation. You begin to wonder if he's doing it just to save Josh...or is there more to this? I think Josh will squeal if it comes down to it. Does he have dirt on Jim Bob? And is it something that maybe even Michelle doesn't know about? Why is Anna on the outs with her inlaws? What has Josh told his wife? Lots of questions here.

Millie said...

I understand the wish to support even an adult child, but Josh is an adult and I can't see why JB is willing to spend a small fortune for Josh's defense. If Josh did it, then let him suffer the consequences of his action or deal with a public defender if he can't personally pay for a defense. There is a time to cut kids loose and Josh is way past that time.

Spending the money that should have gone to all the kids for being stuck on TV to defend Josh to me is totally wrong.

Sparkey said...

It’s a huge travesty, dishonest & cruel. However Jim Bob is a full blown narcissist & doesn’t care about anyone other than himself. He’s a true creep.

Yodel said...

Jim Bob has fooled himself into believing that he controls viewers of his former show that has ended because of creepy Josh. Jim Bob barely got through HS yet he is foolish enough to convince himself that he is a superior person & He Is Not! Most viewers the former Counting On long ago realized Jim Bob is a Joke who hides behind a religious cult to control his family. Thankfully two daughters Jill & Jinger have or are now realizing as kids they were lied to by Jim Bob & Michelle. These two parents chose to stop the education of their children. That alone is a high level of abuse. Both Jill & Jinger married men who are college educated which has probably helped them to grow. I realize Derick & Jeremy may not be well liked but at least & quickly they realized that Jim Bob is an idiot. I hope that Jana will wake up & smell the coffee, find a good man, marry & leave. Re the remaining Duggar kids still living on the compound, now that Counting On is cancelled perhaps CPS or other Arkansas authorities will finally intervene...

Liz said...

If Josh was on the sex offender registry wouldn't the Family Resource Council have done a background check before hiring him. If not they are going to be do embarrassed.

Gia said...

The FRC is a joke & hate all liberals.

zebra crossing said...

I've been listening to and reading different people on the internet explain the defense motions to dismiss and such for Josh Duggar. Also the governments responses to those motions. It has been emphasized several times that Josh was free to leave during the search of his business. I understand that. But would you leave your business that is being searched by the government. I wouldn't know when they would leave. I'd want to know what was taken. I would want to be able to lock up the business. So I don't see that there was really an option for him to leave unless they promised to lock up for him? Or they would call him when they were finished? Or was witness #1 #2 #3 there to lock up? Just curious. Here is a link to one person who is an attorney that goes over the recent motions and responses. The Duggar info starts at 49 minutes into the YouTube video. ( language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atpc6cv5mAY

Mickey2942 said...

If the Duggars really stood for Christian values, families, children, wouldn't JB and Michelle encourage Josh to be honest, tell the truth, and take the consequences of his behavior?

Instead, lawyer up, circle the wagons, and deny, deny, deny.


Great moral compass.

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.4029tv.com/article/josh-duggar-in-court-for-hearing/37761044

Josh gets to go to court!

zebra crossing said...

After spending hours following recent events involving an FBI+ manhunt...I got to thinking. Wonder if JoshD will plea deal (is that still even on the table?), go on with the trial or POSSIBLY FLEE? I think he IS a flight risk at this point. The court hearing did NOT go his way at all on Monday. Anna sat in on the hearing all day and had to have heard the evidence and jokery of her husband's arrogance, stupidity and debauchery.
I think they have to be sweating it. At least Josh. He hasn't been framed. He looks extremely guilty (assumed innocent until proven and all that of course...but...really?). Does anyone...ANYONE....think he is innocent? In any way? NO.
How can Anna possibly be hanging on to that little shred of hope that this is all a nightmare?

I don't blame the Duggars taking a road trip. They did flee. Stay far far away, Duggars. It is getting ugly in NW Arkansas.

What If said...

Josh still has that smirk on his face.

Mickey2942 said...

Of course he does. He thinks that his Daddeh will take care of everything, and this will all go away. It disgusts me to no end, that Megan Kelly interview, where the Duggars made Josh the "victim".

Maybe if Josh had been in treatment after that, he wouldn't be in this trouble now.

"Little girls need to be more modest.". Michelle Duggar actually said that...victim blaming...indeed.

Liz said...

Don't understand why Cps did not take custody of the children after this. Not only that they have guardianship of Tyler. What minimum standard does Arkansas have?

Not a nut said...

What law exactly would AR use to take the M6 from their mother and put them in foster care? There is nothing that would allow that. As long as they are fed, clothed, housed, and educated and are not left with their father alone, what law or ruling is being violated?

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3803743/josh-duggar-alibi-witnesses-child-pornography-case/

This is interesting. Would any of the Duggars lie under oath to help Josh?

What If said...

Would any of the Duggar sisters Josh molested be called to testify?

Mickey2942 said...

Doubt it. The prior bad acts were not charged offenses. And they occurred before age 18. Slate clean.

Now, if they had evidence that relates to his charges...as if they had directly observed him viewing objectionable videos, that is another item.

Or, if Jana has alibi testimony to support another alibi witness, that is definitely relevant.

KimmieLu said...

If Joshie is convicted, these are federal charges so who knows what federal prison he would end up in. It might not be in Arkansas. Would his child bride and seven kids move to wherever he is serving his sentence so she can visit him on a regular basis to gaze adoringly up at him. It’s sad that she has been so brainwashed all her life but I no longer feel sorry for her. Brainwashed or not, she has a responsibility toward all those children she brought into the world. Wish her brother could get her away and get her deprogrammed but that won’t happen. The Duggar’s and her own parents will want to ensure that they don’t lose those seven grandkids to the world where they may be taught some critical thinking skills.

Mickey2942 said...

The judge smacked down all defense motions. Trial starts end of November. This is going to be good. Josh's defense is going to be, blame others. What a stand up guy!

This entire situation continues a deep dive into slime.

What If said...

Josh and his lawyers could use Anna and her pregnancy to try to get the trial put off.

Alice said...

They could try, but I doubt it would work unless something catastrophic happened to Anna or the baby and then it still might not delay things.

ES Lady said...

Does anyone know Anna’s due date? What happens if she goes into labor during the trial?

Alice said...

She has the baby. ;)

It's up to the judge and the court schedule if they have a delay for Josh to attend the birth. The way she looked a couple of weeks ago, it's doubtful she won't have the baby before November.

zebra crossing said...

I guess he can be at the birth because...Anna is there. I thought maybe the Duggars were doing the world tour so that Anna could give birth at the tin mansion...maybe in the guest room off the laundry room? I mean-he couldn't technically be at birthing centre or hospital because then-he would be around other children.

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/josh-duggars-trial-the-former-19-kids-and-counting-star-reaches-deadline-accept-plea-deal-child-pornography-case.html/

Josh's last day to take a plea deal. Or roll the dice...

No wonder Anna looks terrible, with a fake grin. She sure didn't win the "Courtship Lotto" with Josh Duggar.

Mickey2942 said...

Who thinks Josh is going down? 19 Years and Counting?

zebra crossing said...

I think he will take a plea deal at the last minute and spend 15 years behind bars. I can't even imagine putting jurors through a trial like this when he knows he did this. Can he plead no contest (to save face)?

Otherwise, I think the federal prosecutors are on their A game. Josh is definitely going down.

zebra crossing said...

I just keep thinking about all the things that seemed strange when I watched them on the show - but now are that aha moment.
Like when Michelle didn't allow boys to change girls' diapers. No sitting on laps of brothers. (even though Josie is seen in a video right there on Jerksh's lap). Girls wearing ridiculous leggings under skirts so they would be modest and not tempt anyone - gag.
I think the things he did to his sisters were a lot worse than was presented by JB and Mechelle. I think Jill and Jessa were forced to minimize their abuse in the interview. I know lies were told in round about ways as they tried to protect this sick individual. I mean, JB said the girls were asleep and didn't even know it had happened. LIES.
It is obvious that the child abuse images he downloaded (allegedly but yes, HE did it) just show that his earlier attempt to abuse young girls lived on in his mind and being. He is evil.

Linda said...

Don't be shocked if Josh gets 5 to 7 years. He likely won't be getting anywhere near the maximum for both charges.

ESlady said...

I hope those prosecutors are bringing their A game. And I hope there is no plea deal. And I hope the jurors are intelligent.

Mickey2942 said...

This is going to be an interesting trial, still expecting a last minute plea deal. Josh still has that option, if the judge allows it. Guilty on all charges means a mandatory 40 year term. He has 2 charges, each one is a mandatory 20 year term.

I wouldn't roll the dice on that.

Linda said...

They aren't mandatory 20 year sentences. 20 years is the maximum he could get. He'll more than likely get something in the 5 to 7 year range.

Debbie said...

https://people.com/tv/josh-duggar-family-friend-emotional-testimony-court-hearing/

Good article on today’s hearing.

KimmieLou said...

I read that in today’s hearing JimBob kept answering that he didn’t remember details of Joshie’s molestation scandal because it happened so long ago. He is “conveniently” forgetting. There is no way that he would not remember the details of something that was so traumatic and disgusting.

Jak&Jil said...

Jim Bob playing dumb on the witness stand while running for the Arkansas State Senate. Looks like he fits right in with others in his political party. If I remember correctly, didn't Josh get caught looking at porn on someone else's computer when his dad was a state legislator and he had brought Josh to work with him? If it did happen, could they bring this up during Josh's trial? Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's clear with all the past and present of Josh's behaviors, he is a pedophile. Jim Bob, Michelle, Anna, Anna's parents are all delusional. This whole family needs some serious therapy instead of sweeping it under the rug and forgetting it even happened. I think therapy is why Jill no longer has a relationship with her parents. And good for her! I have never been able to understand how the husbands of the sisters Josh molested can be around Josh and be civil to him.

Aimee said...

Day 2 of Court and Anna sat there all day yesterday and is back again today according to news reports. Who is caring for her newborn baby? What about the other six children? Does Josh's attorney think it will help to have a loving, supportive wife in the front row of the courtroom for the trial? What does Anna think about what's already been revealed in just the first day? Does she want to be there? Are the Duggars forcing her to be there? So. Many. Questions.

Natasha said...

This is interesting and definitely not good for Josh.

https://yhoo.it/3rsjzpc

Heart in Florida said...

My opinion is that Jim Bob clearly lied on the witness stand...this is perjury but can't be proved. Some politician...Christian and honest...yeah, sure. He should withdraw his candidacy and do the right thing....come forward for his daughters and quit "lying" for his son. Live a quiet life; he has disgraced himself more than once. These people have no shame. Anna should be made to remain in the courtroom when those awful images are shown. This woman needs an education on these things and wake up to what her husband has been up to. Grow up, Anna.

Debbie said...

Interesting at trial today. Then Waller was questioned he said he vaguely remembered Intell1988 as being the password on Joshie’s comp for his illicit explorations. What is VERY interesting about this is: 1.Waller left the car lot in April, a month before The stuff was downloaded and 2.1988 just HAPPENS TO BE Josh’s birth year. (Waller
was born in 1998). I bet Waller helped Smugger set up the partition (or something) but he wasn’t even employed there when the stuff was downloaded. Reasonable doubt? Well, I’d say this makes me reasonably doubt Waller d-l the files.

Liz said...

Crazy family, son on trial for CP. Dad covered it up and let daughters suffer, brother smiles and gives thumbs up and father runs for public office. Why are they not hiding in shame? They have no shame the good Christians that they are

Mickey2942 said...

She bolted for the door, probably mentally screaming "NIKE", to block all images of violent, CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE MATERIAL. Denial is her only world to stay sane.

Fly on the wall said...

Of course JB lied at the pre-trial evidentiary hearing. Up until then I’m sure that JB’s arrogance drove him to think that he was still in control of this mess. He started by making himself difficult to locate when being served with a subpoena. Then when he did have to testify he came across as arrogant, uncooperative, belligerent…a classic hostile witness, not to mention his convenient case of amnesia. Really, who tries to school a federal judge like he did without getting put in his place? I believe that he purposely sabotaged that pre-trial testimony to make himself an ‘unreliable witness’ so he would not have to testify under oath at the real trial and risk exposing his own lies when his feet were held up to the fire on cross examination. That is not a risk that that coward would take. He also never expected that Mrs Holt’s testimony would ever be permitted. The Holt testimony shows a much graver picture of what really went on REPEATEDLY under that roof as he and Michelle continued to ignore the severity of the situation and not the minimized, glossed over sanitized version that was rehearsed and spun to Megan Kelly. He simply cannot defend Josh anymore and we all know that he never has and never will care about what his 4 daughters and the unnamed 5th victim suffered at the hands of his degenerate golden child. The only person JB is now protecting is himself. If he were still supporting Josh he would show up at the trial as he’s never been one to shy away from the cameras. Instead, he hiding away like the coward he is doing damage control.

Linda said...

Probably a verdict tomorrow. :)

ESlady said...

I keep checking the news….

Debbie said...

GUILTY

Jak&Jil said...

Ding dong the witch is dead. Guilty on both counts and detained. Oh my, how the mighty have fallen.

Ginny said...

Guilty!!!!!!!!

Judy said...

YAY! GUILTY!

Linda said...

Remanded to custody straight from court.

PatK said...

Did anyone else notice the smarmy look on his face in the new mugshot as he was taken back into custody? He probably isn't worried and assumes an appeal will free him.

At least Anna's reproductive system gets a nice long rest.

Natasha said...

Guilty!!!! Finally there will be some justice for his molestation victims. They may never get th their day in court, but he will sit in jail where he will see no special treatment as the "Golden boy." In fact, his fame will ensure that all the other inmates know what he did. I'm so glad the judge remanded him immediately. That means he will sit in jail for the four months while he awaits sentencing.

Now let us all pray that Anna will not drag those babies to see daddy in jail. They deserve healing and Anna needs a career since she is no longer a brood mare at least for the foreseeable future.


ESlady said...

I do feel badly for the family and his victims. But I hope he gets the full sentence.

Lizzyb said...

I really believe both Josh and JB thought it would be not guilty as they are both narcissists. I’m very happy Josh was found guilty. I’m sure he had other victims over the years but I pray his young, innocent children were not victims. Jill and Derrick just put out a message on their website that they thought the guilty verdict was just based on the evidence. Nothing yet from Jessa, Jinger or any others as I write this.

Sharon said...

My husband saw the headline and commented "He won't last long in prison. Child sex offenders are the ones inmates hate most." Maybe Jana can move out of the girls' room at "big house" -- which is a prison of sorts -- and stay with Anna for a while. I hope Anna gets the support she needs as she faces raising 7 children on her own and the possibility of the next 40 years of married life with a husband behind bars. Josh looked cocky and smug in that last photo. It seems he's not sorry for what he's done, just sorry that he got caught. Duggar kids get married very young with lots of honeymoon babies. If he serves both full sentences, he'll be in his 70s with married kids and grandkids when he's free to go. I don't think he's capable of time off for good behaviour.

Elspeth said...

Josh won't serve anywhere near 40 years. The judge has already reduced it to one crime because the possession is a lesser included charge from the receipt. Most people in that circuit get 7 to 10 years for what Josh did. He does have some possible sentence enhancers if the judge chooses to use them.

Sharla said...

Do not use the term "victim" in posts relating to Josh's crime unless you mean for it to be taken literally. Further there is no speculation allowed on any potential victims who have not come forward on their own.

Once a Victim Myself said...

Interesting that Jim-Blob can’t recall any of the details of his golden boy Joshie molesting his four sisters and another young girl, but he emphatically knows that Jill is lying about slugging Josh when he touched her. I know this has been said before, but who protects a slimy guilty son at the expense of his own daughters. Bravo for Jill who has gotten away. Am shocked that the other girls who were victims haven’t turned away from their despicable parents and slimeball of a brother. Maybe now they will see the light, especially how their father continues to demean their reality as victims of their oldest brother. They have been so brainwashed all these years so maybe don’t have the ability to step away as daddy holds the purse strings. The girls should sue their dad and mom for not protecting them when they were children.

Judy said...

Did anyone else see that Jana was charged with endangering a minor back in September and will be sentenced in January? I can’t find anything specific about it.

Anonymous said...

Jinger put out a strong statement about Josh today.

Mickey2942 said...

There are no federal prisons close to Tonitown, AR. They try to place offenders close to family. And given the potential lengthy sentence Josh Duggar may receive, I wonder how often he will have visitors. He will be allowed 10 visitors on his "approved" sheet, four hours a month, total.

I continue to be amazed that he did not take the plea deal offered.

colen said...

Per "Anonymous Judy said...
Did anyone else see that Jana was charged with endangering a minor back in September and will be sentenced in January? I can’t find anything specific about it.

12/10/2021 1:33 PM"

Internet rumor says Jana was babysitting (possibly Josh's) kids and a few went outside to play and got close to the road. A driver saw and called police. Jana was in the house.

Judy said...

They probably offered still significant jail time, and he probably really, really didn’t want to admit he did it, and Jim Bob was in his ear. I wonder, at sentencing, if he will apologize. His attorneys say he’s going to appeal.

Mia said...

Poor Jana, resident babysitter and bottle washer. I really hope she will not dedicate herself to helping Anna or Michelle any longer. Her talents as a decorator will serve her well now.

Anonymous said...

Jana is not a decorator. One doesn't become a professional decorator without courses etc.
No education, literally and absolutely no training as a decorator. Buying some furniture and fixing uo a room dies not a decorator make.

Anonymous said...

So, if Josh was COURTING a Holt daughter (at FOURTEEN no less!), WHY wasn't this ever mentioned before? It was projected that Anna was Josh's first 'courtship' and there was all that blathering about 'God speaking to Josh that Anna was 'the one''. Such incredible dishonesty. This entire family makes a JOKE of their oh-so-proud "extremely CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN" lifestyle. I'll stick to my non religious friends, as they are far more ethical than the likes of the pious Duggars.

Anonymous said...

Interestingly, Josh looked 'baked' in his arrest mug shot. Amazingly, he managed to smugly smile in his booking mug shot post conviction.

This man needed serious psych eval and intervention long ago instead of the LAME "Christian" counseling (whatever that even means), some physical labor, and a 'stern talk' from a now-convicted fellow pedophile.

The fact that all this has transpired yet Jim Bob has not dropped out of his Senate run shows us the level of Duggar arrogance. His "as a father, I am heartbroken" seems a play of the SYMPATHY CARD in order to garner votes. Next up will be the Duggar Redemption tour.

If THIS is "conservative Christian values", count me OUT.

Ginny said...

As I have read the statements by Jill, Jinger, Jesse and Joy Anna I have come to see that they have very much come to realize how much they have been lied to and their unwavering belief in Josh’s guilt. Woven into their words, I also read deep pain. I believe that what came out in court about the what happened while the “ five-year-old girl” sat on Josh’s lap was especially hard for Joy Anna. It pisses me off that as parents Michelle and JB chose to protect the abuser and not the abused (their daughters). Unfortunately this “religion” (and I use that word lightly) victimizes women and holds them accountable for the bad behavior of men! The whole “Nike” thing is a crock of bull. Also the belief that a woman needs to make herself “available to her husband” any time he wants it is crazy and their blaming the wife if a man cheats etc is just plain wrong. The blame for Josh’s actions lands squarely on his shoulders. Also, I believe that Michelle and JB also carry a tremendous amount of blame. If they had sought true counseling after the FIRST episode and if there were real consequences for Josh, that may have saved a lot of pain for a lot of people. Instead they made excuses for him, minimized his actions and put blame on those who are blameless. To me, this is inexcusable of those “parents”. I do believe that we have not heard the last of Josh’s misdeeds. Where there is smoke, there is fire and there is a whole hell of a lot of smoke around Josh…. and JB and Michelle.

Elspeth said...

People have known the gossip about the Holt daughter for YEARS!!

KatieLou said...

The newly enlightened Duggar grown kids should initiate a lawsuit against their parents for their true share of the TLC money and then run, not walk, away from J-Blob and his adoring Meechelle.

Anonymous said...

Recalling all the for-the-TLC-cameras showing Jim Bob demeaning Ben Sewald (cleaning toilets, living in essentially a barn), JUST TO PROVE HIS WORTHINESS to marry JB's daughter, I'm marveling at the discrepancy between THIS and Mr. Keller's roll out of the red carpet for Fundie Royalty, JOSHIE DUGGAR.

I am also recalling Mr. Keller's unbridled praise of the 'turning over authority' from father to husband, and wondering WHY he so willingly sold his supposedly beloved and precious daughter, Anna, down the Fundie River of Dysfunction without fully vetting the Duggars. Was he UNAWARE of Josh's sexual misbehavior and resultant end of a 'courtship' with the 14 year old Holt daughter OR was it more important to continue to project Fundie ethical superiority by keeping Josh's behavior hidden from the public?

All I know for sure is the Holt daughter sure dodged a bullet when her courtship with Josh came to such an inauspicious end.

Anonymous said...

Anyone else see the hypocrisy of JB always pretending to be such the harsh arbiter when deciding if a male was WORTHY of 'transfer of authority' for his supposedly so beloved daughters YET he and his wife placed Josh AND THEIR OWN LUCRATIVE PUBLIC PERSONAS above holding their flagship model of morality, Josh, fully accountable for his sexual abuse of some of those very same daughters?

Then perjuring himself by claiming selective amnesia about Josh's earlier sexual misdeeds ADDS yet another level of despicable, because it served to downplay the angst these 'beloved and precious' daughters - angst caused by the abuse they suffered under HIS roof, by their OWN eldest brother.

Clearly, protection of and justice for his daughters rode in the way, way back seat while Josh, Duggar parental money-making potential, and protection of perception of Fundie moral superiority sat in cushy driver's seat.

Elspeth said...

Check Jim Hoyt (Arkansas) FB on Jim Bob's campaign and Derick's response.

Burnin'down the house.

Elspeth said...

https://www.facebook.com/jim.holt.1117

Curious yellos said...

I have wondered when Derrick and Jill Dillard won money from Jim Bob Duggar, if maybe he decided he had better start passing out teeny pieces of the pie to the other kids so he didn't get sued. Remember this: Justin Duggar is selling a mobile home he flipped for $195,000 after buying the trailer for just $1 from his dad Jim Bob.

I have wondered if maybe the 1,540 square-foot Siloam Springs home Joe and Kendra own, but don't live in might have been their 'peace offering' from Jim Bob, when Derrick exposed him.

Did Jinger get money so she and Jeremy bought the Lexus SUV — a GX460, which retails for nearly $60,000? They don't work....
Jessa and Ben don't work, but live ok with their 4 kids....

Just wondering if any other kids recently got something that you know of?

Josh's bodyguard speaks... said...

Josh's bodyguard was hired by TLC after the 2015 scandal for Josh and he is talking. Google this string of keywords: duggar bodyguard ask me anything

He knows.... said...

People mag and others had interesting info about the Tech guy, Clint who actually knew Josh well. If you haven't seen it, google: Witness in the Josh Duggar Trial,Clint

Elspeth said...

Jim Bob is out of the running in the election.

Anonymous said...

re: Derrick Dillard's reportedly stating Jim Bob has been verbally abusive to him and Jill: This is unsurprising, as PATRIARCHY appeals to weak men who need full control and constant adoration. I think Jim Bob's arrogant pushback to the JUDGE while being deposed about Josh's prior sexual misconduct was a mere GLIMPSE into who Jim Bob Duggar really is, as is his CREEPY constant emphasis on sex.

Dysfunction, Fundie is thy name.

ESlady said...

I just read that Anna is leaning heavily on her family now. I hope that means the Kellers, not the Duggars.

Mickey2942 said...

Josh's sentencing hearing should be interesting.

Unknown said...

Yes, I realize that being a professional requires courses, etc. Decorating is a hobby for Jana, just like her garden. I felt that she could maybe escape some of the "baby work" that is so often required of her and let Michelle and Anna raise their own kids for a change. Sorry for the confusion.

Sharla said...

More Duggar delay:
https://www.nwahomepage.com/josh-duggar-trial/josh-duggar-defense-team-granted-another-extension/

Sharla said...

Jim Bob and Anna are at the courthouse. May this hearing be on time.

Sharla said...

It's being reported Josh's sentence is 151 months.

zebra crossing said...

I just can't believe Josh is still insisting that he did not do this horrific crime. And because he has been pampered and coddled all his life, others around him SAY they believe him. The evidence was 100% that HE was the perpetrator. Josh is so obviously able to act to the point for others to believe he is such this good guy. I don't see how anyone that is still in his corner can move on. Josh will never be over this because he is a narcissistic liar. He is causing so much pain to others (his wife must be devastated to be alone although in my opinion...this is a blessing for her. His children will be without their dad, etc) just by being that liar. I am glad he got 12.5 years and will have that strict probation time after release. This whole thing is tragic. I watched JimBob leave the courthouse. He looked shocked and mad. He should look at himself in the mirror and admit his part in this by just lifting this child (Josh) up to a level of esteem that he did. Jb has to be full of wrath. How can he truly love his other children the way he should. I hope he can put Josh aside as much as possible and reconcile. Because if there isn't that reconciliation, there is going to be even more shocking and awful things happen. In my opinion.