Free Discussion, Fall, 2021

Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!


Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles.  Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use. 

84 comments:

KatieLou said...

So another young Duggar couple, Jed and his wife announce a pregnancy just months after marrying. So sad that these brainwashed young couples believe their only achievement in life is to procreate as quickly and often as they can. If only they could realize that having a few years together as a couple to firmly establish their own relationship would benefit them in the long run. They barely know each other when they marry.

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3604129/duggar-fans-want-jana-move-la-with-sister-jinger/

I don't think Jana has left home. But it is good that she is allowed to leave the compound once in awhile.

Nana said...

RE:KatieLou's comment that Jed & his wife announced a pregnancy just months after marrying. I would say just months after meting each other. It's beyond belief that every one of these couples marry after just meting. followed by an extremely brief courtship & engagement, followed by an intimate wedding for at least 1000 of their nearest & dearest friends. Of course in such a large family it's not surprising that there might be a couple of brief engagements. Followed by small weddings but nothing at all like we've seen in this family. I cannot believe that all of these married couples met & found the "love of their lives" within a few short weeks. Did they just want to get out of the Duggar household? An engagement period is a time to get to know the person you plan to spend the rest of your life with. A few weeks is not nearly enough time to get to know much at all about your future spouse. Then these couples immediately bring a child into a situation, where the parents really don't even know each other.

Aimee said...

I think last week's People Magazine Cover confirmed which family is the cash-cow for publications. Both Carlin and Erin announced pregnancies (Erin's quite amazing considering she only has part of one ovary) BUT the People COVER STORY was about the Duggar Family Division due to Josh's trial! Even though there were press releases for the Bates sisters the big, cover went to the Duggars. Not sure how much, if anything, an exclusive statement with pictures and/or cover story pay but obviously the Duggar PR team is rolling right along

As for Jed and Katy - I was honestly kind of surprised at how likeable she was on YouTube. I was fully expecting some high pitched squealing or fake giggles but Katy seemed very nice and normal. Jed on the otherhand gave the usual "This is surreal" statement and sounded so much like JB and Josh I cringed.

Aunt Bea said...

Jana was not able to travel by herself to Vegas and LA. She had 2 brothers and her bestie, Laura, along for the trip. Undoubtedly, each of these grown women had their own chaperone...the 2 Duggar brothers traveling with them. They are grown women in their 30s; both older than their male chaperones.

Linda said...

People says they don't pay for stories.

Sparkey said...

Ok I’m confused. Is Jana engaged or not?

Leia said...

Nana almost age 31 or more not permitted to travel alone is just the epitome of stupidity on the part of Cult leader wanna be the idiot Jim
Bob. What a complete Jerk. One can’t fix stupid.

Gem said...

It’s arrested development aka sabotage of the Duggar kids by two ignorant, selfish & Cult worshiping Duggar parents Jim Bob & Michelle.

colen said...

Ok Duggar fans and lurkers, here is a fun question for you! A well known ladies' channel is in the early stages of creating a Duggar true life movie. Who would you cast for JB, Michelle, Josh/Anna, Jinger, etc.

I say Olivia Rodrigo for teen/early 20s Jessa. Glen Close for Grandma Duggar. James Cromwell for Grandpa Duggar.

Liz said...

Kathy Kinney for Michelle

zebra crossing said...

Fun question. Ben Afleck for Josh (He would need to gain weight). Candace Cameron Bure for Anna. Ashley Judd for Michelle . David Schwimmer for JB. Dakota and Elle Fanning could play two of the sisters. Depends if you want an all star cast or if you want to possibly ruin someone's career from the get go.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Becky for the Wedding Planner.

colen said...

per "zebra crossing said...
Fun question... Candace Cameron Bure for Anna.

9/18/2021 11:20 AM"

Totally forgot about CCB. She would make a great Anna!

Mickey2942 said...

Chaz Bono for Josh Duggar
William Shatner for JB

JeannieBean said...

This is fun!
I’d go with Kristin Chenoweth for Michelle. She can do that vacant stare and the keeping sweet little girl voice to perfection.

I’d also go with several cast members of The Righteous Gemstones. I highly recommend it if you’re looking for a good laugh. The Gemstones are a fictional mega wealthy evangelical family living their dysfunctional lives at the height of hypocrisy. It’s like Jim & Tammy Faye Baker and the Duggars all mixed together. John Goodman plays the patriarch and some of the flashback scenes to the rise of the Gemstones’ empire are hysterical. I’ve never seen an episode that I didn’t think of the Duggars and their hypocrisy. I look forward to season 2 soon.

Anonymous said...

Chaz Bono for the eldest brother is a terrific idea!
Kristen Chenowith for the little-girl-voice character is also a priceless idea!

Mickey2942 said...

Jazz Jennings for Jessa Seawald and Jussie Smollett for Ben Seawald

zebra crossing said...

It seems like there was a show during the ## Kids and Counting years about taking all their youngins to a high school reunion. Was that Michelle's or JimBlob's? It just seems so tacky. Parading all the offspring to some events that probably weren't even intended for the families. I wish I could remember more. I think some of the kids were old enough to realize how embarrassing it was. Any memories of this?!
Oh...and see ya in court, Jerkshua. (Take a plea deal, stupid).

Anonymous said...

Please make this movie happen. The cast of characters suggested is a hoot!

Colen said...

I think it was MD’s

Colen said...

Watched the news clip of Josh & Anna leaving court. Anna looked like she was on medication.

Aunt Bea said...

I was shocked to see Anna's appearance yesterday outside the courthouse. She has had 6 children before and has never appeared like that. She has been eating her feelings IMO. The enormous amount of weight she has gained and the stress she is under, even if she is in denial about Josh's charges/guilt, can't be good for this baby. He hair has never been that long and stringy before either. I agree that smiling for the cameras was not the thing to do. Her husband, guilty or not, is facing very serious charges. These offenses are also immoral. She should have reflected this. I also think she has no real concern for those children who were used in those filthy videos/photos. She went way down in my book.

Leia said...

Anna has no pride in her personal appearance. She’s content to be Josh’s wife & continue to re-produce.

Sophina said...

Anna is pregnant with #7 (her 8th pregnancy, counting the miscarriage). Her one and only job as Josh's wife is to have as many kids as possible. That means she's been doing her job well. Nothing else matters. Don't smile for the cameras. We know you're going through something awful, you shouldn't have to fake happiness and "stay sweet".

zebra crossing said...

Sadly, I see Jill Dillard had a miscarriage. This happens to many women. How many other Duggarish women have lost a baby? Jessa, Jinger, Anna, Joy, Lauren...and of course, Michelle. But Michelle blames her miscarriage on being on the pill. I doubt any of the others were on the pill. It just seems all this ## kids and counting came about because of that one misconception of why she miscarried.
How do they explain these other losses? I am sorry for the Dillards loss. I am sure they were excited to welcome #3.

Anonymous said...

I never believed the matriarch and patriarch really thought the miscarriage was due to “being on the pill.” It is just propaganda in an effort to influence others of their persuasion not to go on the pill so as to have as many kids as possible in order to quickly enlarge the future voting block.

Aunt Bea said...

Even if JB and Michelle did initially believe that their miscarriage was due to the pill, they must have come to change their minds when their daughters-in-law and daughters began to experience them also. We all know the Duggar women have never taken birth control pills. How do they explain these occurrences? Clearly, the Duggar parents could have been wrong all along but they will never publicly admit it.

Mickey2942 said...

The upcoming holidays should be interesting at the Compound. Who will come over, who will be conspicuously absent.

zebra crossing said...

Looks like Jack Duggar caught the bouquet at Claire and Justin's reception. Ha!

KatieLou said...

OMG, JimBob Duggar just announced he is running for Arkansas State Senate for a seat vacated by a resignation. No words…hopefully the Arkansas voters in that district will reject him the same way they did Jedediah. Maybe trying to deflect attention away from Joshie’s upcoming trial.

Anonymous said...

Breaking News.....Jimbob is running for senate in Arkansas as Josh's trial soon begins. Anna had her baby..but no news on the birth.

Eleanor said...

JB has to do something to get the attention focused back on himself rather than the shame "Golden Boy" has brought to the family name. The new baby is just another in a long line of Duggar grandkids. Nothing seems to be more important than what JB is up to.

Heart in Florida said...

I'm quite surprised that Ann's birth of M7 hasn't even been noted on their blog page. Not even a simple announcement of date, weight, etc. Strange to completely ignore this.

Judy said...

How do you know she had her baby?

ES Lady said...

Something popped up on my phone about the Vuolo’, but I can’t find the story. Did anyone see this?

Mommy in PA said...

It could be the news that Jinger and Jeremy dressed up for Halloween, which is breaking a Duggar rule because they avoid Halloween and think it's evil. Jinger & Jeremy were Tigger & Pooh, and the kids were Piglet and Pooh's honeypot. There was also a post on Instagram.

Marites H. said...

Breaking news! Jinger got her hair cut & dyed brown (closer to her natural brown than the blonde 'do she's been sporting).
https://www.tvshowsace.com/2021/07/30/jinger-vuolo-shocking-transformation/

Elspeth said...

The Vuolos are publishing a children's book.

zebra crossing said...

I met a couple from NW Arkansas many years ago and have stayed in contact through the years on social media. They attend one of the bigger churches in that area and are just super sweet. I've never heard them say anything bad about anyone. I asked what they thought about JB Duggar running for Senate. They just sent back a message that must have been a bit hard for them but they were truthful. "JB is dumb. JB is selfish. Our dog would be a better Senator." I truly hope most of the voters in NW Arkansas have the same opinion.

Billie said...

Re the Vulos gee so proud, happy & thrilled. Not!

Lizzyb said...

I saw Jinger and Jeremy’s book in my local library so I checked it out. I was surprised to learn that JB put Jeremy through the hoops for 5-6 months before he would agree to let Jer court Jing. Said there were theological differences in their interpretations of the scriptures. I’m sorry to be cynical here because I do think J&J lead the most “normal” lives of any of the Duggar couples, but I think Jer specifically sought out Jinger because he is a lot like JB in that they both like the media attention. Jer likes the good life, fine clothes and food. He loves living in LA like a celebrity. Just check out his Instagram if you haven’t already. I’m still wondering how someone who is still in the Seminary plays golf on a regular basis-expensive sport-goes to professional ballgames and concerts, shops at expensive restaurants. They live in a nice neighborhood and Jing doesn’t work. I’m assuming they are making lots of money promoting products and restaurants on Instagram.
,

Mickey2942 said...

I think that Derek and Jill seem to have a pretty normal life.

Tammy C said...

Oh my. Josh was messed up with Ashley Madison.

Now his new daughter is Madyson Lily.

Oh my what where they thinking

Ginny said...

Anna just posted a pic of the new baby.

Mickey2942 said...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2021/11/16/josh-and-anna-duggar-welcome-baby-no-7-amid-child-porn-scandal/amp/

Mind boggling. Her name is "Madyson".

Aunt Bea said...

I agree that Madyson is a poor choice for Anna to have named her baby. What is she thinking?

Anonymous said...

The mother never heard of AshleyMadison “Dating” app.

ESlady said...

I just saw a report that Josiah’s wife has pulled all her photos of herself and their daughter from her Instagram account. The story posed a couple of possibilities -That the couple are having problems, or that the wife is concerned about family publicity during the Josh mess.

Marites H. said...

It seems to be trendy to give babies last names as first names and throw in a weird spelling. At first I didn't make the connection to Ashley Madison. That's probably what Joshie was thinking about while making baby #7 with his adoring wife. "Madyson Lily Duggar" does sound pretty. At least it's not "Madison Ashley Duggar" or "Ashley Madison Duggar". Clueless Anna didn't understand what she was getting into when her dad handed her off to Josh. Her brother did offer her a way out, but she didn't take it.

Anonymous said...

Will there be an 8th M child born in August?

Poohbear717 said...

Her dad is on the witness list.

Lilly said...

My guess is yes & 8th child. Anna doesn’t know any. better & she’s brain washed by JB & creepy Josh. The M kids are the ones who will suffer.

Anonymous said...

On the Reddit Duggar Snark website, a contributor says the patriarch wears a toupee. Is this true?

Aunt Bea said...

How could Anna possibly conceive another child at this time? She is still healing from the birth of M7. The only way she could do this would be if Josh comes home after the trial and they wait the 80 days post delivery for having a girl. I have no idea how Josh's trial will turn out for him as we have not heard the evidence nor do we know what the jury will decide.

Anonymous said...

They “wait?” Are you kidding? No way this guy “waits!”

Aunt Bea said...

Yes, all fundamentalist Christians follow the Old Testament after the birth of a child which dictates if a male child is born, it's a 40 day wait; if a female child is born, it's an 80 day wait for marital intimacy...due to the mother being viewed as 'unclean' after delivery of a child. A female baby born is viewed as "more unclean" hence, the 80 day wait. Sad but true, folks.

marie said...

My experience not all fundamentalist Christian's follow the Old Testament rules after childbirth, but the Gothard followers may. He taught that. The Duggars are not indicative of all fundamentalist Christians. They're a particular subset.

Aunt Bea said...

marie, thank you for correcting my post about 'all' fundamentalist Christians and childbirth. In my post, I meant fundamentalist Christians who are like the Duggars...but it's Gothard's teachings I should have specified. I realize that not all fundamentalists are Gothard followers/believers also.

Betty said...

Not all fundies follow the OT laws. I think I do remember Michelle making some comment about having to take the time out period, but her that wonderful husband didn't like it much. He likes her "sandwiches" when, where and as often as he wants.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the wife for saying she won't have an 8th child.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully she wakes up, takes her kids and just LEAVES that disgusting family. But either way, I don’t think they allow conjugal visits in federal prison where the pedo is going

Lizzyb said...

Just confirmed that Jana Duggar was charged with child endangerment. Not many details yet but it’s a misdemeanor, not a felony charge.

Anonymous said...

There may be a 20- year gap between the two youngest M children.

Linda said...

Josh is likely to get 10 years or less. If he gets 20, it's extremely doubtful Anna will be getting pregnant at 51.

Jak&Jil said...

This has nothing to do with the Duggars thank goodness. I saw some wedding pictures of Katie Bates. She was a beautiful bride, but I could not get over how she looks exactly like Carrie Underwood. There are some pictures where you don't know if its Katie or Carrie. Did anyone else see this and think the same?

Read that Jana Duggar got charged with child endangerment. I'm thinking it might be that she was pulled over because a child was not properly restrained in the car.

And I agree with Anonymous who says that Anna should take the kids and leave that disgusting family. If she stays with the Duggars, the only reason will be because they are supporting her and the children. What a horrific situation to be in. Someone help her and the children please!

Patrice said...

If Anna had any sense she would get a good lawyer and sue Jim Bob for all the money owed to her and Pedo for their years on the show. Bonus money for that horrible toilet birth! Then she should take the money move herself and her kids out of town and away from her family too and maybe try to have some semblance of a normal life!

Marie said...

Jim Bob has probably spent more than Josh and Anna's share of the show on their housing and Josh's defense.

Mickey2942 said...

That poor gal. Mama Duggar got to give birth in a hospital. But for the "show" we need a "real" birth. At home. To prove how awesome home births are.

Yeah.

KatieLou said...

Yes Anna should sue and move away to make new life for herself and the M-kids, but she has been brainwashed her whole life. Sadly she doesn’t have the self-esteem to venture out on her own.

Aunt Bea said...

Realistically, as I see it, Anna is unable to every move forward and forge a life for herself away from the family. She has been undereducated, holds no real diploma for job requirements. She has absolutely NO work experience either. Seven children...how can she ever afford to pay for childcare for 7 of them on her own? She is stuck. She must depend on someone to pay for her life. That would be either Jim Bob Duggar or her father. I highly doubt that her parents would want 8 people suddenly moving into their mobile home. They recently married off the last of their own children. The system that Anna was brought up in does not provide for this situation..whether it be widowhood, divorce or a husband leaving or being incarcerated.
She lives on the good will of a man in her family. This is a gross disservice that parents in this cult offer their daughters. It is no life, really. Anna, knowing her husband's tendencies, should have quit having more children with him after the Ashley Madison issue. She is where she is partly through her own fault or poorly made choices a few years ago.

Lois said...

It sounds like she was watching a whole slew of them and one wandered off and they had to call the police to help search for it,

Judy said...

Her brother begged her to come back and their family would take care of her and the kids after josh admitted to his affair, I’m pretty sure. Her siblings would help her but she really believes in the never get divorced thing.

What If said...

Where were Michelle, Johannah and Jennifer? They could have helped Jana watch the younger children.

Elspeth said...

Out of town. Remember the blog posts about the Duggar trip in September that they made?

Anonymous said...

Where was the child’s actual mother and/ or father? The wandering child is their’s — not the aunt’s.

What If said...

Thank you Elspeth. I had forgotten that.

Just looking around said...

Anyone ever check Guidestar.org for Mediccorps? (You have to make sure you spell it exactly right.)
I see nothing found under CharityNavigator.org or Charitywatch.org

Anonymous said...

The patriarch wears a wig. Will the offspring?

Aunt Bea said...

Elspeth: Does Jim Bob wear a toupee' as mentioned in a few places recently?
Do you know the real reason why Jana is not married?
Why does Lauren Demaise live with the Duggars and what is the real nature of
the relationship she shares with Jana? Do these grown women sleep in the
same room as the 4 youngest Duggar daughters? If so, isn't that a bit 'strange'?
I thank you for your input (if you choose any) on these issues. The truth would be
much better than speculation.

Anonymous said...

The 4 little girls plus their oldest niece sleep where the 4 oldest girls used to sleep.
The oldest girl now sleeps where the 4 little girls used to sleep. She has a privacy curtain and has made it clear she does not intervene in squabbles.

Aunt Bea said...

Thank you, Anonymous for the info...however it's weird that a grown woman of 31 yrs old has a 'curtain' for privacy from little sisters. This woman, Jana, should at least have her own bedroom. A privacy curtain...what is that????Nothing. Sad for Jana that she is treated this way. When her mother, Michelle, was 31 yrs old, she had been sleeping with her husband for half her life already. Disgusting to treat Jana like this. Where does Laura sleep?

Sharla said...

Completely erroneous posts will not go through nor will speculation about someone being gay who has not stated that.

colen said...

Privacy curtain!?! Poor Jana. Why can't she sleep in the grandparents' former bedroom? Or Josh's old media/computer room?