Free Discussion, February, 2016
Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!
Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles. Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
217 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 217 of 217Sandi...lol....so, so true!!!
The Duggars are painful to watch just as the Oscars were to watch it was horrible.
You would think the other shows on TLC (like The Little Couple) would put pressure on TLC, as many people are cancelling TLC and Discovery channels completely b/c of the Duggars. If I had another show on that network, I would feel like I would be losing a big chunk of my audience that way. Maybe we should continue writing in after all.
I won't be watching "Counting On", but I do like Jana. IF, that's a big if, Jana is courting and ends up getting married, everything is going to fall on Joy Anna's shoulders. Poor kid.
There must have been some issue with the smaller kids being on TV. The little kids were popular so there must have been a reason to feature only the kids over 18 on the new show.
BTW, they look like goofballs dancing around like that on the promo.
I think the big mystery of the moment is where is Josh? Seriously, not a single news story about his whereabouts or physical / mental state. I'm afraid that the season premiere might actually be about his release from "rehab." This family is seriously sick. I can't bear to watch yet still wonder how it will all play out. Where ever Josh is seriously hidden from view!
As one who deleted TLC, I hope that the opening program does not focus on the release of Josh from the "pretend" rehab. No one wants to look at the Pillsbury Dough Boy look alike it's just too Creepy.
re:The promo with the kids dancing around the same as the opening of the Bates show. What happened to the Duggars don't dance??
Josh losing his hair & the Fact he's really overweight, he appears as older than he is. The guy is so clueless on everything. Perhaps it's because he is severly Under Educated. JMO.
i was reading online that this is normal for the cult that many young boys molested girls because they do not teach the correctly. So I fully blame the parents on what happened to Josh I just pray that God speaks to one of these kids to get out of this family as soon as possible. Josh will have problems all his life if he does not see the truth and repent because I hope and pray his children micheal and marcus do not go through this. I also think that some of these older boys maybe did go through things like this but never acted on them like Josh did.
I am quite tired of the media referring to Anna as "the pregnant wife"...has Anna made any statement to this? Is she expecting AGAIN or not? If anyone who reads this blog actually knows, please set the record straight. I also find this "celebrity publicity" about them...things being written all over magazines, etc, to be quite IMMODEST of them. I see how they have sold out to the Evil One in these things...."Christian", "modest", my foot. These people are all fame whores and are counting every dollar on their way to the bank. They live their lives quite immodestly. Any REAL, humble person of faith would never succumb to such publicity being written about them, whether it be true or "invented". They really need to take a good look at themselves in the mirror and see just what they have become.
Just Me, "re:The promo with the kids dancing around the same as the opening of the Bates show. What happened to the Duggars don't dance?"
I noticed this too!!!! Talk about copy cats!
I know people get discouraged that we didn't "win" and keep the Duggars off the air. But as I see it, it's just a small step backwards. I see the ultimate goal as exposing the Gothard cult and those related teachings as bad for kids, women, and just about everyone else involved.
I had renewed hope just today when I saw the articles about Candace Cameron (Kirk's sister) getting blasted for supporting Michelle Duggar's child rearing methods in her own family. She wrote in a blog like 10 years ago that she supported the Pearl's blanket training methods. She's said some other stuff recently, but someone on FreeJinger site dug up the old blog and now she is under the spotlight to try to defend her child rearing methods.
About one or two years ago no one would have thought one thing or another about this particular tv star. Who cares what she does with her children. But because of the huge outcry over the Duggars and all the exposure they had over their practices, anyone that subscribes to anything even remotely related is getting "outed" almost immediately. This woman's tv show is coming to Netflix today, so articles came out just yesterday and today, but the focus is only about her and her kids, not the show, and now it is all over the internet. Just google her name and the Duggars.
I see a lot of success with all the blogging like this site and comment boards in all those articles that finally Gothard, ATI, Debi Pearl, and all related to them are now always under scrutiny. Virtually all the comments on these articles are negative. That would have not happened a year or two ago, so I see it as although the Duggar tv show battle was lost, the war is being won.
From Duggar page
"It’s “Super Tuesday” week, but despite its super name, most kids don’t know what it’s all about. There is so much at stake and as caring parents, we need to find fun ways to help our kids learn how we elect our president. We’re excited that our good friend Mike Huckabee and his team at Learn Our History put together a new DVD called “Election Day”, and for a limited time, they’re giving it away for free at freeelectiondvd.com/supertuesday."
The pictures I've seen of all the older boys together, they have the same hairline as Josh. I think they are all going to be bald early in life
Heart in Florida, I couldn't agree with you more. The Duggars like all the media attention, even the negative stuff because if they didn't, and if they understood how it affected their children, they would never allow the publicity. They would take themselves out of the public eye and go live quietly and privately. They ARE fame whores-- all of them. And I have lost all respect for Anna who seemingly has hung around the Duggar compound to film for their stupid new series instead of getting herself and her children away from this toxic family.
It seems from the promo that Vain Jessa and Lifeless Ben will be the focus the of new series. Those two are so irksome together. They do nothing, have nothing to say and have nothing to offer viewers. Jessa is so full of herself, Ben is so dull.
Post a Comment