Free Discussion, November, 2015

Please use this for Duggar and Bates sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, politics, religion, or personal stories. If the comment is more about you or some other issue than the actual Duggars or Bateses or other families seen on the show, please rethink before sending. Thank you!

Please do not quote entire articles or large sections of articles.  Link to them, please, to keep us on the right side of fair use.

303 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 303 of 303
ruserious said...

Joshie is certainly a pig, but come on, porn star married with kids out prostituting around and she is suing for manhandling? That is pathetic and I don't even like defending the Duggars. The girl is just after the few pennies Josh may have left. I wish Anna would sue them all and start a new life. I really feel for that girl.

Ruby said...

Helen Crump, I noticed that also about Anna. She does look better nourished now and in spite of her circumstances looks like a beautiful young lady. As for her looking older than her chronological age--she has raised those children on her own and had to put up with pig Joshie, all the public humiliation surrounding his filthy lifestyle, but mostly his disrespect and certainly his neglect of her emotional and spiritual needs. I was watching a clip from one of Anna's birth, Marcus I think. Josh was so cold and impersonal. That poor girl. She is only 26. I hope she finds her voice and some inner strength to do what she needs to do for herself and those kids. Yikes.

Syndee said...

Just because she and Josh made a paid agreement for "company" doesn't mean that he can abuse her or physically harm her. You can think less of her morally for her choice of profession, but still if he violated their agreement and, say, beat the cr** out of her then she has a case.

Now it is possible she is making it up and just wants the fame, of course. But she may have filed a police report, who knows. She has every right to file a case, even if it is frivolous. Anyone has the right to sue anyone, for any reason. It's then up to the court to decide.

From my perspective (as a rubbernecker following the tabloids) I would like to see a case and have all the real dirt get revealed.

KK said...

This is not at all in defense of Josh or the Duggars but I don't understand why someone can admit to prostitution ($1500 for sex - says she agreed - why isn't she arrested?!?! Him too of course - for prostitution anyway) and that's OK but then they can, much after the fact, sue for the sex being too rough, now that they think they can make some money? I have a feeling this suit won't go too far, and the Duggars certainly deserve the additional bad press, but the suit in and of itself is a farce to me. I do feel awful for Anna. Some say oh she can just leave, she stays she deserves it, etc, but it's not that easy. It's just not. She really can't just leave and I feel for her.

Tori said...

KK, my thoughts exactly ... prostitution is illegal. Plus the woman is married and has kids. Did her husband know what she was doing? Now her kids will know what she was up to. The woman is a sleazebag, IMO, and her lawsuit could backfire on her in a big way. I'm no fan of hypocrite Josh, but I feel this is a frivolous lawsuit and she's just out for the big bucks. Poor Anna.

S said...

Seems that Josh and this Ashley woman are equal sleezbags.

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

I don't think either Josh or Danica could be arrested for prostitution after the fact.The wording put on it for one;one article stated it was a 'donation' for her time,or compensation for her company,etc.It reminds me of the way they do egg donation nowadays;you can't pay for them,but you can compensate or donate for the woman's time.
I've a feeling the Duggars will want to settle this one quickly.I would be surprised to see it make it to court.My guess is they will give her what she wants

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

Yes,Anna could up and leave;she could see an attorney and speak only thru that person;her brother offered to help her.
I personally do not think she will ever have the gumption to do so.I think she is far too ingrained in this lifestyle and isn't going to leave it anytime soon.I think she would put up with a lot before even considering leaving.JMO

lucy said...

what is going on with this midwife and jessa. guess everyone thinks she delivered jessa kid. where is michelles great advice if she had all her kids in the hospital why all of the sudden are they having home births. I am sure jessa had no midwife at her house when delivering this child.

roddma said...

I choose to refrain from 'slut shaming 'the one bringing the lawsuit. Im not defending the actions, but we know nothing about her. Josh had 3 going on 4 kids himself and his actions were no more right or acceptable. No one made him do anything.

Meme said...

Yes, Josh acted cold and impersonal during some of Anna's childbirths. I think he has "sociopathic tendencies" and only cares for his family to a degree. I would be scared s-less to live with him. His poor wife is in for a world of hurt, naive as she is, and the kids will suffer as all children do in the midst of adult mania.
Having said all that I STILL blame the parents for this whale of a mess. Locks on bedroom doors - of all the knuckle headed ideas! When Jim Bob stated on national television that one of their solutions was to take Joshie to work with him every day you knew this was not going to have a good outcome. And the poor girls got revictimized without ever realizing. Just as Anna does not realize what is happening to her. Sorry but that's just how it is when your name is Duggar.

cat said...

A lawsuit will hold Josh accountable and Daddy Duggar cant protect him in a court of law, if it goes that far, I hope she wont settle, he needs to face what he did to Anna and the kids.

Heart in Florida said...

Anna is afraid to leave, IMO. She doesn't know how to live unless someone is providing for her. That has been her whole life thus far and she will stay no matter what. How she REALLY feels about this deep down, only she knows and she will NEVER say publicly if you ask me. Perhaps sometime in the future, when she is told that "it is ok now to make a statement", she will read off a prepared for her, preapproved Duggar statement, but I think it's unlikely.
Sad, how her parents and all parents in this belie system woefully UNDERPREPARE their daughters with skills that they may need in life to provide for themselves, and most likely the multitude of children that they bear. Shame on the Kellers, Duggars, and the like.

Aways said...

RE:Annie's comments about people being taken advantage. You're absolutely correct, most of us have at one time or another gone out of our way to help out someone, never expecting anything in return. The people in the Keller's church had no clue that Josh wasn't the virtue of purity for a young man his age, in the way he was purported to be. I just feel sorry that they were taken advantage of the way they were. Your correct, they just wanted to help. It's too bad that in that whole church, there isn't anyone that Anna would now feel comfortable going to & asking for help. I know that will never happen, if she won't even let her brother help her out. She's a Duggar for life. That's it, it's a life sentence.

Dar said...

I don't defend the woman's choice of work. I don't know her circumstances and don't want to judge.

I do not think she deserved to be beaten. IMO, that is the action of an arrogant, sick weasel. He probably thought it was OK because she was a prostitute. A prostitute has the right to say to sex at the last minute. Does she deserve a beating for that? Very slippery slope when a woman is to blame because some clown lost control. Wonder how much of that loss of control Anna witnessed.

Katie's Mom said...

Anna should have wised up by now & realized that she is in no win situation. Her first responsibility right now is to her children. We know her brother has offered help & she has not taken him up on his offer. She will remain with the Duggars & it's the worst thing in the world she could do. I wish she would wake up & pull herself up by the bootstraps & take advantage of the people like her brother who have offered her help. I really don't believe her brother is the only person that would offer her help if she would accept it. How many women have raised their kids by themselves with no help from an ex husband? How many women have been widowed when their children were small & they pull themselves together & realize that now it's only them there to raise their children? Not only do these women do it successfully, they are not necessarily all college educated. They are the women that work as maids, waitress, they are in factories, etc. They often work 2 or sometimes 3 jobs. I'm not saying it's easy, but by God they do it. Anna needs to realize that it's not that great to just live to produce children, when something like this happens, what does she do but go to the Duggars. The worst possible thing she could do for her children.

puddin said...

Didn't this Danica prostitute go for a second round with the Pig josh? So is she suing for the first time or the second? I had read that he had gone to her a 2nd time and she had said he wasn't as bat$hit crazy as the first time. Poor Anna...more than that Poor kids.

Just Plain Offended said...

Nothing is left to chance in this family, so I think Jim Bob got the idea of jetting around in a private plane long before John David ever did. Jim Bob just chose John David to be the pilot and John David was intrigued (or just obedient) since he liked machines or whatever. So it's not just the daughters whose futures are controlled by Daddy. JB pushed Josh into the political arena for which he was totally unqualified and unprepared. Maybe Joshiah objected to Daddy's plans for him and that's why the stint at Alert and the quick move into the courtship relationship (at a ridiculously young age).

Ruby said...

Just saw the clip from the upcoming "counting on". There's poor Anna with her hair all curled like a little girl crying about Joshie. I know she has been hurt horribly , but to go on television and blubber about your pig of a husband.....her kids are going to see that clip someday. I'm afraid she is going to rue the day when she spilled her guts to the world about Josh. Shame on the Duggars for letting her or more likely coercing her to participate in this nonsense. Run, Anna! It just makes me sick.

Bet said...

So, I have to admit, when I watched the series at first, I didn't really notice Michelle that much. It seemed they spent the bulk of the time focused on the children, whatever activity the family seemed to be getting for free on that episode, or what have you. I just watched a speech that she and JimBob gave where they discussed how the birth control pill made them miscarry, which is an impossibility, but whatever. Anyway, I was used to the insipid way that she presented herself in the show, but in the speech, she is completely insane. Bug-eyed and so worshipful of her husband. Flittery, phony, laughter. Just vacant, seemingly insane.

I went to look at other talks where they seemed to be among "their people" and she is just like this. So different from the show. Much more dramatically lobotomized.

Anyone else notice this? From what I've heard of her upbringing, she was "normal" until she got married. Is this just not the perfect storm? Either she is as insane as her misogynist husband or she has become this. But, she reigned it in for the show to appeal to popular culture (which I find even more insane.)

Just Plain Offended said...

Three specials in one month is not a special. It's a show. I hope practically no one watches them. No doubt that the clip of Anna in a trailer is using her for ratings since she hasn't spoken publicly before this. I keep thinking this family can't sink any lower, but they always do.

coleen said...

I read on Sierra's instagram that she only has one kidney. I thought women with one kidney had to be careful with pregnancies.
I don't know if the joyaduggar instagram was fake but it has been removed.

cat said...

So having Anna on their show, Josh will be entitled to 1/2 her pay, so TLC has him back on the payroll. Anna acting is so fake and rehearsed, sad that she is even doing this..

s said...

So Josh did his first nasty when he was 14. He is now 27. So for half his life now he has been a out-of-control, sneaking, lying, perverted, twisted, deviant pig. Wake up Anna.

KatieP said...

That Gothard Cult is a cancer on the brains of those not smart enough to realize the mess they are in. Just really sick & depraved, a nasty cult.

sandi said...

I think Josh will get ALL of Anna's paycheck;even if his name isn't on the check,she will be expected to hand it over.And she will,IMO.Women in this cult aren't allowed to manage money.She didn't even know $3600 was missing for the 2x Josh was with the prostitute,and for the lap dances.That,plus what he spent on the two AM accounts,which inc. at least another $250+.
I feel bad for Anna,but esp. after seeing the promo today,I have zero respect for her anymore.She's allowing the Duggars to control like she's their puppet.Enough.It's just sick.
I agree she's afraid to leave,but she needs to wise up and get herself and her kids away from this mess.Josh doesn't deserve one dime of what she does.JMO

Denisean said...

I don't think Michelle had that 'normal' of an upbringing. I bet her home was pretty oppressive, for her to get married at like 17, and for her mother to be all for that. Even 30 years ago, 17 is still super young to get married. I thought I read somewhere once that her father was abusive, but don't quote me on that cause I'm not sure. Maybe her mother wanted her to get out of the house ASAP.

Either way, you can't be raised too 'normally' and get married to the first guy you meet at 17. and when she had the miscarriage, and thought it was because of birth control, anybody raised under normal circumstances would already know that's not the case, or talk to their physician, their mothers, sisters, friends. Not go to a seminar for financial independence and relate that to birth control causing miscarriages. Who thinks that someone who speaks about financial independence would be an expert on religion or birth control or anything?! So she had a screw loose somewhere before meeting JB and he just brought out the worst in her.

nightmomma said...

I watched the new trailer for Jill and Jessa, the one where Anna is talking about her Josh. Is it me or did Jessa smile when she was talking about when she learned what Josh did? If she did then what a narcissistic b**ch. Plus why is Jill crying? I mean yeah be sad for your sister-in-law but really? It was all too over the top. As much as I want to see this train wreck I will wait for the reviews and videos to be posted online. I wish this family would just sink back into thier black hole.

jlp said...

I find it interesting how 'worldly' Josh has been when this family keeps sheltered. His knowledge of prostitutes and the Internet and affairs is far more than any knowledge I have, even though I'm older, more worldly and not sheltered. I also agree that the women should educate themselves about finances as my husband died st 50-years old and the responsibility is all on me.

Getting Worse said...

Does anyone know how many sponsors have pulled out of Jill & Jess & counting? I have read from as few as 19 to over 600. That's quite a discrepancy.

Getting Worse said...

Please let me add to my previous comment, that I hope & pray that good people will not watch this train wreck. Anyone else think that somehow Jim Bob has his fingers in this pie?

Just my opinion said...

I'm sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but I'm really tired of hearing the phrase "poor Anna." I agree with Katie's Mom that she needs to put her children first. She wanted these kids just as much as the Duggars wanted her to breed as many as possible, as quickly as possible. I too agree that everywhere, there are women who due to a horrible marriage, or possibly the death of a husband, they with help from family or friends pull themselves together for the sake of their children & make a different life for themselves. I know it seems beyond difficult, but I think we can all point to someone who has been in that boat,& realized that she & she alone is now responsible for these kids. I'm not speaking of families like the Duggars & Kellers, but people who truly love the woman & her children, which is definitely not the case with the Duggars, no matter how many times Michelle refers to her as a "daughter-in-love." That phrase from Michelle is enough to make you sick to your stomach. Anna needs to get away from the Duggars, the Kellers (with the exception of her carring brother)& most certainly away from TLC. Anna is just further humiliating herself & her children when she allow herself to be coerced into this new show,even if only for brief appearances here & there. We all know the Duggars are the ones that will profit from her appearances, as their son goes on with life in any way he wishes to. Anna needs to realize that once this is out there for the public it's out there for good, & not only you but your children will need to live with it. It just shows everyone that Anna is going to raise her children the same way the Duggar kids were raised. Shame on all of them, the Duggars, Kellers & of course TLC. Talk about being enablers they are the worst!

Aunt Bea said...

Denisean: I had never heard anything negative about Michelle's parents or the way they lived. I believe that they were a normal type of family. Michelle was a "change of life baby" and was born many years after her youngest sibling was born. Due to the fact that she was an unexpected "baby of the family", I understand she was somewhat spoiled as a result. She also was a tomboy type of kid, shooting cranapples at cars with her slingshot, etc. had a great social life in PUBLIC SCHOOL, was active and a cheerleader. Like many other teen in HS in the '80s, she had a part time job at the yogurt shop Grandma Duggar reportedly either managed or owned. That's how Jim Bob saw her first. She applied there for work, and he asked his mother to hire her because he liked her and thought she was pretty. He then asked her to go with him to his senior banquet at school AS HIS DATE. She had a very good teenage experience IMO.
The bad info about birth control causing a miscarriage was told to them by a fundamentalist Christian doctor; not the financial seminar. All about that time, after JB attended this financial seminar, they were drawn in to a more strict "Christian life". When the miscarriage occurred, it caused them to read the bible to "find out why" that happened to them. It's also then that they found that "quiver passage" in the bible, and they interpreted it the way they believe now, that the more children you have, the more you are blessed by God in your life. Michelle suffered overwhelming guilt over taking birth control, losing this baby, IF SHE REALLY was pregnant in the first place...it was to early on...and tightened up their Christian practices and belief system from there on. It was a snowball rolling down the hill...so to speak. Yes, I agree with you, that probably JB did bring out the "worst in her" as he was much more religious that she had been brought up to be. He introduced her to a stricter lifestyle when he knocked on her door with a friend from his church to evangelize...they started DATING, yes dating; spending time alone together, going out without a chaperone, etc...
When he asked her father if he could marry her, he at first didn't want to give permission because she was still in HS and only 17 yrs old. She convinced her mother to let her marry and her father eventually gave in and said yes. Her family was also preparing to move out of state to North Carolina at the time and they just let her go and marry before they moved away.. One of Michelle's siblings has gone on record on their show early on stating that Michelle was a willful child, a brat, if you like, spoiled, and if she didn't get her way, she just plowed through more until she got her way. Doesn't sound like a nice kid to me, if you ask me, does it?
She also was reported to be a "screamer" to her children early on and decided to lower her voice instead of screaming because she often strained her voice as a result. Hope this helps you understand the timeline of things a bit more.

pretty girl said...

saw that viedo and seems like it is all a fake. if they were real hurt by all this would you really want to be on tv talking about your brother it would really take a lot for me to talk about my brother or husband cheating on tv. they say they are christians but I really do not think so. they show the life but it is all cult like not real. a real christian would not hold their daughters at home but let them go out into the world. I would not let my son marry at 20 with no education or even my daughter.

pretty girl said...

do you know michelle duggar has a sister that is gay. wonder what there viewers would think of this. no wonder they dont see her family. was reading that they moved away from arkanasa in the mid 80 to ohio i bet that is why jim bod married her so soon.

Getting Worse said...

With this new show about the Duggars coming on, it just goes to show that all publicity whether it's good or bad will bring an audience. Let's hope & pray it will be an extremely small audience.

Just me said...

When Josh was working at the FRC group he acknowledged that he had a gay aunt. It was known then that it wasn't on Jim Bob's side of the family.

s said...

Wow. Jill has a recipe for beef stew cooked inside a pumpkin and is just amazed that "the stew has no pumpkin in it". What? You are supposed to eat the pumpkin with the stew, Jill.

s said...

Jill can barely understand directions for stew but she delivers babies? No wonder their deliveries were so botched.

Helen Crump said...

Yes, I agree, that with Josh's young early knowledge of the sinful things in life that are out there, porn, etc, Jim Bob AND Michelle have to admit that it is THEY, who have failed as parents miserably when it came to Josh. With all their "perfect family life scenarios" that we have heard preached to us, adnauseum, they had things going on right under their own noses in their own homes. How does that make them feel? Josh's problems didn't begin with his marriage to Anna, but he came to her as already damaged goods. If Anna knew what she was getting in to with his past before they married, then she isn't a very smart woman...and YES, by now, she should have grown in to a woman somewhat from that boyish, awkwardly uncomfortable 19 year old we met. Taking this crap from her husband now TWO times, that have been discovered, makes her the recipient of the "Doormat of the Year Award"....and asking for more, please.

Heart in Florida said...

A "Thansgiving question" I have often wondered around this time of year about the Duggars....they have stated quite often that pumpkin pie is "daddy's favorite" and I have seen about 12 pumpkin pies at that table. Don't the other family members also get to have some of THEIR favorite pies at Thanksgiving, maybe apple, or pecan pie? I would hope so. Anyone know if the menu is all "daddy's favorites" or do those kids have some say in it? After all, it is JANA, who is cooking for all of them. Michelle, we DO NOT believe you; that you move a dish around there at all.

Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

It's really perplexing that Michelle rebelled against what was a rather liberal family life growing up,to one of complete submission to her husb. in an ultra strict lifestyle as an adult.So she couldn't behave for her parents,but she does even moreso for her husb? I wonder what a psych would have to say about that.It makes me wonder if someday she is going to crack and rebel against JB.That would be a good thing.
I do think she rebels in her own ways right now,such as not having anything to do with the kids once they aren't babies anymore,and having the kids do all the work.I've also heard she stays in her room a lot.


Anna is not responsible for Josh's sins said...

If Anna were to leave,I still think tlc would film her new lifestyle.Then she could get all of the check,not just hand it over to Josh.
The Duggars wouldn't like it,but oh well

dueit said...

Jana will at least have help this Thanksgiving with Anna living so close. So at least Jana will be thankful for that this year. I would love to see Michelle at least prepare something for the 'holiday' meal.

pretty girl said...

i beleive somehow beleive jimbod has done some kind of porn also and I truly believe he is a sex freak. and michelle truly does not trust her husband that is why she goes everywhere with him and give into everything he wants her to do. notice ladies and look back at all the shows daddy duggar goes no where without michelle. unless it is with the kids. so i really think something happen early in the marriage. one day something is going to come out. and something is odd why is jana and john david not married yet they are in the late 20 unless something is wrong with those two. or now all family secrets are out and no one would want to marry into that family.

Aunt Bea said...

Anna is not responsible....It was Jim Bob who shamed Michelle before they got married about her heathen-like ways and "informed her" just how she needed to change those ways, like mowing her parents' lawn in her bikini as a young teen, etc. Michelle attended a Christian rally with one of her friends before meeting Jim Bob and listened to the preacher spewing much of the same towards the visiting congregation. So, she agreed to be "visited" by some young door to door missionaries, two of which were a guy from the local evangelical church and none other than Jim Bob Duggar, age 18. She was swayed, bamboozled and hooked right from then about her "selfish, sinful, non Christian ways and behavior", scared to death of going to hell, and started to convert. They dated, yes, DATED like 1980s style, married and the rest is history as we have been told. Hope that helps you understand better.

Bobbi said...

Getting worse, yes Jim Bob probably threw a temper tantrum fit with TLC (real mature Jim Bob) insisting he control the new Jill & Jessa program. I for one REFUSE to watch any program produced by TLC. Just the name of that tune.

Ruby said...

Denisean, I don't know about Michelle's upbringing. Seems that she was a brat. What I have noticed is that Michelle NEVER talks about her mother. Never mentions any fond memories at all, ever. Not sure what that is all about. Most women remember their mothers at least somewhat fondly. They have at least a few stories about loving moments shared between mother and daughter. I've never heard that from Michelle.

Meme said...

Ruby I have also noticed how Michelle never speaks of her mother. How odd. Also strange is how much Michelle seems to hysterically grieve a miscarried baby, yet has so little to do with her live children. Where's the disconnect happening? I've noticed that she has a different kind of relationship with Josie, the near miss.

cali-girl said...

New ET online article about Jim Bob posting on the family blog:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/jim-bob-duggar-offers-advice-230200242.html

He's giving advice on "Remove 'Sensual Content' From The Home", so perhaps he first needs to remove HIMSELF, for saying out loud, on national TV, in front of his children, HEY HEY HEY which is code for(according to Jessa) "let's get it on now, Momma."

Yuk. Just yuk.

SHUT. UP. GO. AWAY.

Chloe said...

I am so pleased that Jim Bob never fails to impress me with his stupidity, his idiocy, his hypocrite personality, his lack of a filter, lack of class & just plain lack of decorum & dignity. This guy is just an incredible Jerk!

s said...

So dry-humping-Jim-Bob is giving advice on purity in the home? Is he serious? He talks of keeping sexually explicit magazines out of the home. What about People magazine, Jim Bob? You and your family plaster yourselves on the cover of that filthy rag every chance you get. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What a joke.

Wondering said...

What's wrong with this picture folks? People magazine has published Jim Bob Duggar's letter about removing "Sensual Content," from the home. Did he have that material in his home & neglect to remove it, so now he's warning other dads, so their son won't be going down the wrong road & ruining the life of his wife & children? Guess so. He also goes into great detail about Michelle's miscarriage when she was on the birth control pill, which they tell over & over aging every chance they get in their "testimony." For God's sake that was close to thirty years ago, who cares? Who is stupid enough to take any advise from this cult leader.

Wondering said...

I meant to mention that People actually published Jim Bob's comments in the "Letter to the Editor," portion of the magazine, & no I don't buy the magazine or read it, but there is always a copy in the DR's office, & people were commenting on it. I couldn't believe it.

Heart in Florida said...

"Rudy, Meme", I have noticed that from the start about Michelle and her mother..when she ALWAYS speaks of the pre marital advice some "friend" gave her about being always available to your husband, etc. but she has NEVER mentioned one syllable about what advice her own mother had given her EVER. I found that inconsistent with their family beliefs and honoring your own mother and father. There's something a miss here with Michelle. It's been there a long time, folks.

Heart in Florida said...

Don't know, obviously, about Jim Bob's computer or cell phone "habits", but if it's out there, it will come to light sooner or later about his guy. Not saying that HE HAS DONE these things, but if he had in the past, it'll show it's ugly head, too...remember their philosophy that they drill in their own kids' heads..."your sins will find you out"..it also applies to them. I hope JB and Michelle realize that.

Virginia said...

"Remove sensual content from the home". Like that worked real well with Josh. Jim Bob and Michelle are the last people to be giving parenting advice.

Denisean said...

Maybe Michelle's mother didn't give her any marital advice. It seems they were all too happy to marry her off at 17 and move out of state without her.

It still disturbs me with the molestation scandal, that they all talked about how they knew others in their 'community' who went through similar things, and sometimes much worse. Like it's just expected in this cult that there will be sexual molestation among siblings and if it's only touching, you got off easy. You got one of the 'better' kids. oye.

Pippa said...

Wow! What a backlash on "Jim Bob's Advice to Fathers". And deservedly so.

What I wish folks would realize, though, is that every time they click on the Duggar's website to read the daily dose of drivel, they are contributing money to the Duggar family.

Some folks are being played like a fiddle.

puddin said...

Jimboob and his dry humping and his sneekey eyes when commenting on how...Meechelle has been good to me look at all my kids, just makes me want to hurl chunks. Mr and Mrs In the Name Of God...wonder what God thinks about all this? Oooh I know ...the word JOSH comes to mind!

Carole said...

So Tabitha Paine, sister of Chad Paine, posted on fb that she's been working as the duggar kids home school teacher for a year now. She denied dating John David and said she's likely to stay single the rest of her life. Sad her world is so limited. And it's been asked before, i know, but what in the world does Michele do all day? What was she going to contribute at that homeschool conference? How to hire someone when you get fed up?

lucy said...

i wonder if anna duggar has ever heard of ashlee birk her husband cheated on her and the mistress husband killed her husband and she blogs and wrote some book about how she coped with it. she hopes to tell her children about it. I know anna duggar will never leave Josh and will never tell her children about what happen. If Josh does not get help this will happen over and over again. He is like that Tiger wood who had some kind os sex diesase who needed all the time just like daddy duggar. I hope they look deep into their hearts. Because God always knows what is in our hearts.

cali-girl said...

JB says to "Replace them [sensual things] with good things, like wholesome music, biographies of great Christians, good old-fashioned family fun and games."

Like THIS old fashioned family fun ??????????:

http://www.etonline.com/news/160574_watch_derick_dillard_try_to_run_over_a_cat_with_his_sled_while_duggar_family_cheers/


Morbid curiosity said...

Children need structure in their lives. If Michelle was allowed too much freedom & too little supervision as a teenager (i.e., just too little parental interest in general), she seems dim-witted enough to go looking for it as an adult.

Simple-minded people can't accept that things just happen because of bad luck, fate, or just because. So when they found Gothard, they didn't need to think for themselves any more. This cult gave 2 young parents easy answers for all their problems, AND promised perfect kids if they followed the rules.

Unfortunately, they've now robbed the next generation of all survival skills for life outside the cult.

Heart in Florida said...

Why does JB say that books "about great Christians" should be available to read, but doesn't include any other kinds of books, about good Americans, for example, historical figures, world history, etc...the list can go on a bit more I think than "great Christians". When is this family going to "throw up" on all this religious stuff having to be attached to absolutely every thing they do? I wonder if they must pray before and after sex thanking the Lord for it. My mother used to say that we can't eat the same meal every day for years and be healthy. Same goes for having religion shoved down your throat every hour of the day. Perhaps that's what Josh "threw up" on.

Heart in Florida said...

If Anna and Josh reconcile, I wonder what Thanksgiving next year will be like at the Kellers.

Confused in Germany said...

pretty girl about Michelles family not appearing on the show.
That may well be, because THEY don't want to be on there. It need not be, because they are not wanted on the show. Or it goes both ways. Neither side wanted it.

Michelles "past"... I have to admit to it: I own all three books that family published. Mainly because I was fascinated in the beginning and didn't know, what I know now. End of foreword: in that book Michelle writes about her life as a teen an JB about his. He wasn't raised over religiously either. But he seemed to me like someone who would have a hard time adapting socially in the real world. Then he found Michelle, who from her own words, seemed to be rather worried about her soul. Well, the life of a teen is a hard one, normal or otherwise, so he met her just at the right time for him. An impressionable, unsure girl with little or no knowledge about herself. She was in that phase, where she tried to find herself. Her bad luck, that he was faster and used his influence to define her to herself.
I don't know, why her parents allowed that marriage, but when I read the book I thought: if only they hadn't allowed it, they would have been far away enough for her to find herself and him to either find another victim or just find another "career" in his religion. She would have been save. And the kids never born. Win-win...
only: There wouldn't be this blog, that I am enjoying very much.
So I am torn... ;-)

Annie said...

About Tabitha Paine doing the homeschooling for the Duggars, I thought that it wasn't allowed for anyone but parents/guardians to do homeschooling? What is up with that? How did they even meet up with her?

Here is just a rant that I have to get off my mind/chest: when I hear the Duggar/Bates/Paine whoever talking about their blessed lives and wondering what is ahead for them, they ALWAYS say "we can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us" or "we are so excited to see where the Lord leads us." Now, don't get me wrong, I am a Christian but those phrases make it sound as if they can't think for themselves. For some reason, it just bugs me and makes me feel like they put themselves above everyone else. Now, I am very careful to never say either of those phrases.

Elspeth said...

Anna got a degree in quite possibly early childhood Christian education, but it was distance learning so there was probably no experience component or observed teaching.

Willow said...

Re Annie's comment about Tabby Paine: They have known Tabitha Paine and her family for many years. They are all in the Gothard/ATI cult together. Tabitha's brother is married to a Bates daughter. Her father is on the IBLP ("Gothard") Board of Directors. I am guessing that most of the cult families hire nannies and "tutors" from their own flock to make sure the person in their home is someone they can trust and make sure they don't bring in other ideas or tell stories out of class, etc.

I totally agree about the religion on everything. Its like they are addicted. They think if they are "Christian" they can't be anything else. Simple mindedness. Like Michelle can't see herself with another hairstyle. Like if you always painted your house blue, that's your identity and you can't even see any other option. Just like Michelle's identity was lots of children. She couldn't stop b/c then what? I think she is going through that right now. Floundering.

Heart in Florida said...

Why in the world to the Duggars need a live in "teacher"? Isn't their whole homeschool educational beliefs based on having a multitude of children to teach at home in the first place? So what, Michelle has a number or them...that's the way it is for all of those 15+ childrens' households....the MOTHER homeschools all of them herself. Why can't Queen Michelle do that? She doesn't do much of anything else around there does she? She has a laundress, cook, maid, nanny, gardner, handyman, automotive technician, etc. What's left for her besides "satisfying Jim Bob's desires"? Are they paying that girl? Why would they want someone who is not a blood member of their family living there with all of their molestation issues? It's not "safe" for them to have a 30 year old woman living there with grown sons around. Where does this girl sleep? In Jill or Jessa's old bed? Just so not healthy. This family is a dysfunctional one and it's time that TLC STOP whitewashing and sugarcoating this group and show them for what they really are, what their TRUE beliefs are, and how they really live suppressing all their daughters and wives.

Pam said...

I agree Elspeth. Anna's "degree" is likely some online certificate that did not require any practical experience and would not be credible enough for a job. It's a shame though. Anna would probably be a good lower grade, kindergarten or preschool teacher.

Rudy Tecat said...

Re: Annie's comments about the Duggars' "blessed lives". Yeah, their lives are sure "blessed": incest, prostitutes, internet porn, law suits, series cancellation, being caught in lies, miscarriages, public ridicule, etc. I'm sort of glad I don't lead such a "blessed life."

Annie said...

to Heart in Florida: if Anna and Joshie reconcile Thanksgiving next year with the Kellers will be a blessed event indeed. He will be the prodigal son come home all cured, repented and devout (born-again, saintly, sanctimonious-I could go on, but why?). After all, Father Keller gave Joshie the thumbs up after a month of praying to pursue Anna and then turned her over to him as her new spiritual leader. Also, don't forget he gave up a "good job" (as mentioned several times in Anna and Josh's blog) to work with men in prison so welcoming a repentant and perverted lost soul back into the family will be glorious for them. My line in the sand would be much, much different.

I don't believe for one blessed, prayer filled second of Anna's life that she will even consider leaving him. She will take him back and that will be that. But then I don't understand a family that takes their youth and has them minister in prisons. It's fine if the kids are college age and but not under 18. From what I understand Anna and her siblings used to go to the jails/prisons and minister to the appropriate gender (of course) when they were teens. But then, maybe that makes me discriminatory. I apologize if it does.

Note: I am not criticizing Father Keller for wanting to help people turn their lives around, it's commendable.

Sunshine said...

RE:Annie's comments about the Duggars & their friends having a blessed life, wondering what the Lord has in store for them, or where He will lead them. I feel I have a blessed life & it's not because I study the Bible daily or keep myself so modest etc. I don't need to spend my time wondering what the Lord has in store for me or where he will lead me. Mine is blessed because, when chronic illness & pain became a part of my daily life, I was blessed to have a husband who willingly stepped up to the plate to help me in anyway possible. If I'm having a particularly bad day, he is more than willing to do a wash, make dinner, do the shopping or just serve me tea. He sees that I get my medication & that I get to all my DR's appts. He shows his love in even the smallest ways. I don't need to keep my nose stuck in Christian books (nothing against that)or keep wondering where the Lord will lead me. Can't the Duggars just look around at their healthy children & a roof over their head as well as the many other blessing they already have & be content instead of waiting for the next really great thing to happen to their family? That's not living a Christian life waiting to see what you will be getting in the future instead of rejoicing in what you have. It seems to me that they spend their time wanting more & more.

Just my thoughts said...

Michelle's mother-If I remember correctly-in the first book, there were pictures of Michelle's mother at the birth of some of the children. I think there was a show where they talked about each of the children, showing them when they were babies and I think, Michelle referred when her mother was no longer there. The second book did mention that Michelle's mother died-maybe before their 6th child. I think it also said Michelle's mother smoked. Michelle did a blog when her father died. I was suprised that she did not say in the blog that now her father was in heaven with her mother. If her mother did smoke, I think Michelle believes that is what was responsible for her death. Maybe she doesn't think her mother made it to heaven.

too bad,so sad said...

I believe in online education. With the new technology a good education, especially grad school can be done online for many majors. Having said that, a degree in early childhood education through distant learning is like learning to swim without ever going into the water. There is no way to learn to be a good preschool teacher without being with groups of children you do not already know, and to be mentored by qualified early childhood teachers and supervisors.
An accredited early childhood education degree would never be allowed by this group because it would teach how bad many of their child rearing ideas are. JimBob and others can NOT have that.

pretty girl said...

it is now confrimed by jill and derrick that they will not be returning home until some time next summer. how long do you think that will last. I think they will be home before that time. if no one seems them somehow in secret. but this family does not keep secrets.

Bet said...

Anna made a life vow, but he broke his, right? So, that's her out.

I saw her sister, Priscilla, in a video and I'd like to know what she's on. Widening her eyes and constantly saying, "Children are a blessing from God." She rambles and is incoherent.

Wouldn't you love a tell all by Anna in about a year? I'd love to see her gone. Then she could rescue her sister for book 2.

No Longer Anonymous said...

If Jillybean and DerickDillard really aren't coming back home until next summer, we know that John-David will have a full-time job ferrying various family members back and forth to vacation, I mean "minister" with them.

Helen Crump said...

"pretty girl", that post by Jerick proves that someone IS reading the online posts about them...ALL OF THEM. Their time "overseas" still remains to be seen since this family is a myriad of contradiction..I bet they return sooner than that. It also depends on their passports and visitor visas...that will dictate also to the amount of time they "stay".

Wonder Why said...

RE: Jill & Derick. Anyone else wondering why Jill hasn't announced another pregnancy? It's starting to get way past time.

Chloe said...

Could care less about Jill & Derick. I mean like & totally awesome not caring.

Katies Mom said...

Wishing everyone a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

Pam said...

Wonder Why, I would hope Jill realizes it is not wise to get pregnant again for a while since she had a c section. Or maybe Derrick has enough sense to tell her no. He is her "authority" now. Or she simply may not be as fertile as MEchelle.

flowerchild said...

Anna drinks the koolaide she wont leave. Plus by standing by her man she'll be a fundie martyr. No Josh is the one who wants out, and may be. He hasn't been at the rehab at all I bet. Frankly I hope he does run. His behavior is a direct byproduct of Jimbob and Michelle's raising. I think he's made horrible choices, but Josh is also the family's scapegoat. He will pay dearly for causing the Duggars to lose their tlc income.

Andrea said...

Jill and Derick, making friends everywhere! I read the following comment on their website this evening:

Many of us have moved to this small town in Guatemala in search of peace and serenity. You have undoubtedly seen and met fellow Americans, Canadians, Europeans and others who enjoy the culture and the slow pace here. With respect, we do not want cameras and reality TV shows being filmed here. This is a small community. Enjoy your time here, but please understand that your presence in this town (along with a "TV special") makes many of us uncomfortable. It would be heartbreaking to have this town overrun with a media circus. You have the right to live and travel wherever you want. But please, think of the rest of us who have been here for years and years the next time you send out a press release. This town is a little jewel in the mountains. I hope you will contribute to keeping it this way.


Willow said...

Same to you Katie's Mom and to Sharla and all the fabulous people that participate on this great blog these past years. It is really fun and I wish all of you a great Thanksgiving!

Stephanie said...

Duggars if you are reading this I have an idea for a new show. Anna Starting Over. After a tragic marital betrayal, a young mother starts over with her four children. Let's see Anna attend college and take half of Josh's money and he has to pay child support. Anna could go to school and have a career to support herself and her children. Most importantly get Jimbob out of the way so he doesn't take a piece of the profits. She has had to give birth on camera she can be divorced on camera. Most women don't have the platform to earn a tv income but Anna does

Mary said...

Hi

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jana will never leave until she has train one of her sisters to do all the work.

Janna now does all cooking cleaning sewing and thing I forgot.

Queen Michele just sits and waits for her wonderful husband to come in

Mary

pretty girl said...

seems to me michelle and jimbod openly admit by having this tudor in their home that they cannot home school their kids and have failed to do it correctly. I truely wonder what grade level each of their children are truley at. they will never admit the truth and none of their kids are propely tested so they will never know the truth. I wonder I jill passed that test on her true grade level.

Stella said...

Not sure if anyone has seen this but a very informative piece on

Growing Up Quiverfull - The Duggar's Destructive Cult

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQy4LGUQRg




HardyHar said...

If anything, the Duggars will have a show called "Josh.2", portraying Joshy as a recovered sex addict trying to raise four small children on his own with only his sister Jana helping. Anna will be portrayed as the selfish one, running back to her family in Florida while the intrepid Josh tries to make ends meet by running the family airlines in a little shack at the airport. And he'll lament how hard it is to meet a nice girl to settle down with since he has all that responsibility with his kids. Then, after he marries some painfully young Gothard girl, they'll start a family and have a baby every year just to make things exciting, then run for public office. JimBob will be featured at the end of each episode giving Joshy some sage advice about how God has "tempered him with fire."

dancer 1959 said...

Apparently Chad Paine's older sister is a live in tutor for the Duggar kids..

Special Ed Lady said...

Anna should write a tell all book. I am sure it would sell very well. Perhaps it would turn in to a movie and she could end up with more money than Jim Bob.

Almost said...

I'm sure the Paine girl was brought in to teach the kids because they no longer have Jill & Jessa & I'm sure they have found plenty for Jana to do. She's probably a full time nanny for Anna's kids. It seems strange to me that nobody seems to know where the leading players in this soap opera are, Josh, Anna, the children. I'm guessing that the kids, as well as Anna are with the Duggars, either on the compound or very near. Years ago, when Jim Bob used to talk about all the grandchildren they would have someday, & how they would live close by, as he had at least 20 acre's enough for each to have a home of their own, I really though for awhile that it was just wishful thinking on his part, but apparently it's true. Unless they leave the country with their spouse they are under his control & I have a feeling he's still pulling those strings no matter the distance. Everybody remember that John David has his own little house given to him by the bank after he did a great deal of work for the bank. We all heard Jim Bob tell him he couldn't move into that house until he married. I also saw that Jill is spending more time with her Spanish tutor reading the Bible & trying to convert her instead of using the time she has with the woman to learn Spanish. What a mess! At least we are still receiving words of wisdom, just pearls from Jim Bob, as he tells Dads how to raise "Godly Children." We all realize that no Mom in the family knows how to raise her children, to be Godly, upstanding people . You must have a husband of Jim Bob's caliber for that. Enter sarcasm here!

dueit said...

Special Ed Lady.. Jim Bob would sue Anna in a heartbeat! You can count on that.

Kelley said...

When Jim Bob tells how he and Michelle met, he always emphasizes that his friend told him "I know this girl who JUST became a Christian." I believe Jim Bob used Michelle's BRAND NEW faith as the perfect opportunity to create a subservient wife. Jim Bob had been raised in church his whole life, but the Bible was still fairly foreign to Michelle at this point. Therefore, Jim Bob could twist Bible verses however he pleased and Michelle would be none the wiser. Michelle was eager to soak up all the biblical "knowledge" Jumbo happily drilled into her head. And that is how Michelle Duggar officially came to be :p

Olive said...

Please watch Stella's link above of the video Growing Up Quiverfull - The Duggar's Destructive Cult. This will explain the mind control by the parents and why the adult children don't leave. Kristiana is very articulate and forthcoming. Well worth the time to watch the entire video.

Tori said...

I've been wondering if Anna and the kids (along with some of the older Duggars) could be staying in the house where Jill and Derrick lived before going on their so-called "mission trip".

Anybody local to the area who might know?

Just Me said...

Anyone who can should watch Kristiana's Miner's interview. TLC should present this & see how many followers the Duggars will have then!

Just asking said...

Anyone who has been fortunate enough to hear Kristiana Miner give her interview will know exactly about Bill Gothard, as well as the character qualities Michelle always talked about. I believe she now lives in Colorado. She was able to escape this cult because she had a college education. Something very rare in this or any cult. However both her parents were educated & said to her what if your husband dies & you need to provide for the children. She give an eye opening & heart breaking interview & I wish Megyn Kelly would interview her, actually I wish TLC had the guts to air that interview, but that will never happen. Kristiana is a strong young woman. One of the worst parts was when they showed the Pearls who wrote the book: "To Train Up a Child." If anyone gets a chance to see it let us know if you would be willing to have, "hey,hey,hey with Mr. Pearl. That was the absolute answer he gave when someone asked what if the father in the family was angry? He said, love him, have sex with him until he gets his anger out. He also went into detail about using a rod on a child actually demonstrated on a dummy. I'm sorry to say that this showed an even worse picture of this Gothard cult than I had ever thought or even imagined.

Betty said...

A few points from my view:

There is no way Anna would make millions from a book. Perhaps $50 to $100K is about it.

Anna does not have the job of empowering other women. For starters she isn't well enough known for that and for the other she needs to do what is right for her as she sees it.

Jim Bob has the old Jill house on the market. Anna is either in Siloam Springs (doubtful), the Duggar guest house (likely), or the pool house next door.

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 303 of 303   Newer› Newest»