Jessa, bless her, is having a baby.
Soon now the Seewald family will increase. The coy little darlings have tried to create interest by pretending they might be having twins (she's much smaller than Jill) and not revealing the sex of the fetus. Here is the spot as we wait. Please no name suggestions or such. I think I can handle one guess person including such info as date, time, sex, and weight. The closest guess gets to claim victory. Can you tell I hate those long pre-birth threads with a thousand witless name suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
381 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 381 of 381To Katie's mom: No, you are not the only one absolutely not interested in what the baby is named. I really don't care either. It doesn't affect my life in any way, shape or form. While I don't get the whole homebirth thing, it's their decision and I hope for her sake that the bleeding isn't serious and resolves fast and that her health recovers quickly.
I always wonder how people with no insurance pay for anything medically related. I just looked at the IBLP website and read Gil Bates bio. It espoused his family life and ability to raise a family of 19 that love each other as friends, that he and Kelly stay out of debt etc, etc... But the part that has continually made me wonder is how he does it with no steady income (as stated in his bio on the IBLP site). Even not delivering in the hospital and only being there afterward as Jessa is doing can easily cost a few thousand. Is it medicaide to the rescue?
Jessa is posting on Instagram the pic of the 3 of them with the sheet hanging behind them. She wrote that they haven't settled on a middle name yet, that is why no name has been announced yet. My guess is she is resting up for her big photo spread in People magazine.
Seriously, who ever cares what the middle name is? So she can't let us know his FIRST name, the name everyone will be referring to him as? Yeah right!! Nice try Jessa. We all know you are doing this to keep everyone in suspense and get the magazine to pay big bucks for the reveal or you are going to announce it your tv special to get the ratings...again for $$$$.
Tanya: Probably. As Jessa continually posts minus a high school education, Jessa is an expert on everything throughout Ameican history & the world. I just am so me mezmerized by the manner in which St Jessa continually insults the intelligence of those who are educated. Jessa is just not an ethical person. I could care less about the first & middle name of baby Seewald.
Something tells me that Jana and the younger girls are scared witless (actually, rhymes with 'wit') about home-birthing 9.5-pound babies and almost bleeding to death or barely surviving a last-second rush for a C-section in the maternity ward (which is where they should have been in the first place). I feel very sorry for Jill and Jessa and in a sense also for Anna. Unbelievable.
No one cares what the baby's name is but what has everyone's panties in a knot is the idea that the Seewalds are trying to pull a fast one and suggest that they just couldn't decide on a name but then sell the story to a magazine for big bucks instead of making an honest living with a REAL JOB!
Who can't think of a middle name? Just use Bob. Jim Bob, Ben Bob, Jesse Bob, whatever, Bob can go with anything! There Seewalds, since you have had 9 months doing NOTHING but basically taking selfies and no time to think of a middle name, just go ahead and use Bob.
Where can the 911 call Michelle made be found/heard?
People: "Labor is hard," Jessa says with a laugh in this week's issue of PEOPLE. "It was very intense, very long. Everything was different than I expected."
So.... she expected it would be short and easy?
Ka-ching$$$$$$$Jessablessa made it to the cover of People ragazine. 48 hour labor. Almost bleeding out. These people are so set on having a natural delivery but eat sugar and a diet full of fast food. The two don't seem to go together. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Syndee said....
Re:"Labor is hard". She probably asked Michelle what labor is like and Michelle responded with a dreamy glazed look on her face that said it is PRECIOUS because you are bringing a SWEET baby into the world with your WONDERFUL husband who you kept a GUARDED heart with while COURTING.
So why did Ben and Jessa ask their fans to give them name ideas? They have been working on the name thing for a long time now. This waiting game is just a desperate attention grab. Pick a name and go get a job, Ben!
This is the only way these kids know how to make money...they have a very basic education.. There are other pseudo celebrities out there doing the same thing... Example.. Teen Mom stars Catelynn and Tyler...no education but make big bucks plugging products and advocating adoption.
I'm hoping that they name the baby "Palestine", just to one-up Jill
I've worked labor and delivery and women's health as an RN. Anyone who's worked in women's health has dealt with misogynists like Jim Bob and his godly friends that get off on their women being in pain. I have worked with men who have had to have security remove them because they got violent when "their" women were asking for and receiving pain medication or epidural anesthesia. This is punishment, as women, for Eve's sin.
I once ate an apple right in front of one of the boogers. He didn't get it, but I enjoyed it immensely.
So, there is this culture of control that these women are in, and, sadly, they participate in it. They are sainted when they have big bellies, treated as princesses. Perhaps this is the only time they can say no to sex to their masters, so it's a win for them. I would expect Gothard's cult has homeschool curriculum for this, lol.
(Just realized the man's name is Got Hard and I had to laugh a little, but I digress..)
Anyhoo, this type of abusive behavior is not uncommon in labor and delivery. Jessa may have been begging for help and surrounded by only other KoolAid drinkers. Her naiveté coupled with little education and she must have been terrified--all while repeatedly told that she was ok.
Re Michelle's 911 call. To me, she sounds just like many a call I received. She's repeating what is being said and done in the background because whomever is "in charge" has probably both hands occupied massaging the uterus and perhaps applying pressure to a large tear. I seem to remember hearing that there was a large amount of blood upon delivery of the placenta. As well, I'm sure she was trying to seem calm and also sure that her voice would be heard in the media. She sounded extremely scared to me and trying to keep up the front of calmness. Cameras, most likely, were rolling too.
Mom and baby are almost always transported together with a home birth gone bad. This was bad practice, but people do go against medical advice, and we know this is regular behavior for the Duggars. They may have flat out refused to surrender the infant.
I don't have to like Jessa to really sympathize with her. She is uneducated. Probably calls her vagina a Hoo Haw or a NewNew or some of the other silly terms I've heard as a nurse. She most likely was being delivered by untrained people. I would bet she was terrified to begin with and then to deliver an almost ten pound baby. I immediately thought gestational diabetes, but big babies happen without that, as well. It's a tip off to me that she had inadequate prenatal care that a home birth was considered with a baby that large.
This whole "trust birth" movement isn't for me. Things go wrong in labor and delivery and they go wrong in seconds. I have seen just as much poor decision making in highly educated women, as well. But, there's something about these fundie deliveries that is different. I can't put my finger on it. Anyone?
Women used to die in childbirth--and not that long ago. My 91 year old grandma is quick to remind any of us young women of that fact.
They may have flat out refused to surrender the infant.
I wonder if this is because they were afraid some hospital staff might take pictures before it got to People. If that were the case then again, putting the child or mom at risk for $$$
I think part of the "trust birth" thing is because younger people just aren't seeing the problems that we used to see. Like with vaccines, I don't need my grandma to tell me what damage polio, measles or whooping cough can do, I'm old enough that I've seen the results of those myself, as a kid. Lately the birth mortality rate has dropped so low that I'm guessing the younger people tending toward "natural" couldn't even imagine what could go wrong. What we'll hear of next is people pushing for "choice" in buckling up their kids since car safety is improving so much, after all, most people drive tens of thousands of miles and never get into accidents (like most home births go OK) and seatbelts are uncomfortable (like hospital rooms),the logic is basically the same.
Maybe I will ask the next home birth advocate, why do you buckle in your kid? You are young, have good reflexes, don't speed, and seatbelts are uncomfortable. Why bother preparing for a just-in-case situation? After all accidents are pretty rare.
Bet, you are so correct.
I hate to say it, but one of these Duggar home-births just might see the death of the mother and/or the infant. Princess Michelle always went to the hospital. Anna, by the grace of God, survived four (all home?) childbirths. Jill and Jessa, if they have future pregnancies, might be so terrified from their first experience that they demand hospital deliveries (Jill might not have a choice; but since Michelle had VBACs, they might tell her to buck up). First-time moms delivering huge babies at home, horrors. The other Duggar girls are either also terrified by all this or are being sheltered from it or think this is normal civilized human behavior (it isn't).
The more I see of them, the more disgusted I am becoming. Anna has lost weight - I hope she remakes herself, gets some help, and leaves with the children.
Bet, your insight and comments were chilling--both about the misogynist menfolk in this cult and the ignorance of the women. Jessa could have died. Jill could have also died. These girls are playing with fire in more ways than one.
What the heck kind of name is Spurgeon?
That's funny,Ruby.They could also call him Gaza Strip or Golan Heights,and have a middle name included.Or what about Jerusalem,and call him Jerry?
And we have a name...Spurgeon Elloit. I hope I spelled that right. Poor kid...
And they shall.mcall him Spurgeon Elliot. Did a Google-Charles Spurgeon is a very well known preacher.
http://www.people.com/people/article/1,,20966165,00.html?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag
Spurgeon Elliot Seewald- very... odd. I hope they call him Elliot.
The baby's name is Spurgeon Elliot. They made a video announcing the name and explained how they picked the name and I couldn't watch the whole thing. Jessa has the staring at her husband like he is the smartest man ever down. Mullet has taught her well.
Virginia and Trisha UK, I am willing to bet that Jessa suffered severe lacerations from giving birth and that's probably why she had the bleeding and had to be rushed to the hospital. I had severe lacerations when I had my first child who weighed nearly 9 pounds. I am willing to also bet that the doctors at the hospital most likely offered Jessa Moriphine or Percocet for pain. In the photo with Ben, Jessa does look really exhausted and wiped out. I am glad the baby came through it ok. In this article on the Today Show site, they said that there were times Jessa thought that she couldn't do this and Ben admits that it was difficult for him to see Jessa in so much pain. They also admit Jessa had a blood transfusion. http://www.today.com/parents/jessa-duggar-seewald-opens-about-very-intense-home-birth-rush-t55226 According to the TLC site, Jessa and Ben named their baby Spurgeon Eliot. http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/you-wont-believe-what-ben-and-jessa-duggar-seewald-named-their-baby/ I like the name Eliot but not the name Spurgeon.
The news is out...we have a name...... Spurgeon Elliott Seewald. That poor child! Will they call him Spurg for short? I'm sorry, I know it's not my child to name and to each their own, but that's a hideous name.
I think she will name the baby Precious Like
Mary
I agree with Bet's comments 100% She has hit the nail on the head. These women suffer needlessly more often than not. It's a terrible thing to see the loss of a young woman giving birth,the loss of her baby or both. These men are from a different planet in my opinion. Of course you also run into the young mom who's hubby will not visit because the baby was a girl & he wanted a son.He doesn't understand & there is no use trying to explain to him that the dad determines the sex of the child!
I read the article about Jessa's birth experience and she is very fortunate her and Spurg are fine. My second child was 9 pounds 1 ounce - hospital birth with epidural and I was done - no more for me. Jill and Jessa should have been in the hospital especially with their very long labors!
Elliot was the difficult name to come up with? This kid will be begging to be home schooled. Spurgeon indeed!
OMG!! That name! Really? Yikes!
That poor baby to go through life with a name like that. People like this should not be allowed to have children. JMHO Had to top Israel I guess!
Jessa and Ben held a baby name poll on thier Facebook page, took forever to decide on a name, and this is what they came up with?. I hope they call him Elliott.
Spurgeon! Couldn't make this stuff up.
Agree with everything you said! Love your sense of humor too, you must be fun to get to know. I also feel sorry for all the women in the cult and am one person happy Jana never married, probably to avoid all this hell. She may be one of the few girls to eventually be free!
Btw, Spurgeon is awful!
God bless that poor child going through life with a name like that, even if he is home schooled there is a whole big world out there that he will need to face someday. I don't think they will use Elliot, which is a great deal better & why they took so long to come up with that name just floors me. I truly believe both Jill & Jessa wanted to come up with names that weren't necessarily related to the Bible or any well-known preacher. I believe they named those babies for the publicity & nothing else.
Don't Jessa & Ben realize that the names:Spurgeon & Elliot were the last names of the men they named him after? Although Elliot is used as a first name you'd need to look far & wide to find a child with the first name: Spurgeon!
they finally have a name which does have some meaning. we know it came right one time when people were coming out. even if jessa did not have the baby in the hospital the midwife that delivered her child if there was one had to put in for a birth cerficate it is a law. so they had a name already just holding out for money.
Why the farce of the name poll? I'll bet the farm that no one suggested the name Spurgeon. Clearly that was just a big, ole' attention-grabbing game. Am I correct, Jessa? Pretty transparent and disingenuous.
The preacher, Charles Spurgeon, was a gifted orator. Ben can't even put a sentence together.
Not sure what Charles Spurgeon would think of Ben's penchant for christian gagsta rap. Hmmmmm.
Just wanted to add that I think I came closest to calling the name. I guessed Calvin.
Of course they have the right to name their son whatever they wish- but obviously these dimwits have not given their son and his future much thought! Yes, they can "call" him by his middle name which is nice but his first name will be on all legal documents and IF he ends up going to a regular school or university one day, he will be referred to by his first ridiculous name, at least on the first day. Also, medical insurance cards will reflect this- I can just hear the nurses coming out to the waiting room and calling out that first name and he will be mortified! I go by my middle name (although I have a normal first name) , and it has been a pain throughout my life logistically when buying houses, cars, traveling, purchasing, etc. as I have to remember to use my full name. I think their son will ask them one day why they saddled him with this horrible first name!
Sadly, I a great belly laugh when I first saw the name because I really thought it was a joke....now I'm just really sad for that poor kid!
But have you googled an image of Charles Spurgeon? Maybe it's an explanation for Bin's beard.
Repeat after me: A splurgin' surgeon is surging' with sturgeon.
They have apparently named him after that Fundamentalist preacher, Charles Spurgeon (the one Michelle gushed over when he came to their home and they fed him tater tot casserole on paper plates)!! Anyway, don't care for that man and don't care for the baby's name. They knew the baby's name all along, IMO. WHY name him that? For attention obviously. ICK!!
UGH....what a name...poor kid. What happened to the nice names on the poll? Noah would of been awesome. Actually any of those names would of been nice. Too bad she just didn't go with Ben Jr. I can't believe I just wrote that last sentence....lol.
Oops, my bad. I confused Charles Spurgeon with Charles Stanley. Sorry. Charles Stanley is the one I don't care for. I don't really know anything about Charles Spurgeon. (Still don't care for the name, however).
Spurgeon Elliott Seewald? That poor kid is sure going to be made fun of in school... sorry, I forgot again. As if he'd be going to school! Ha!
That he has to use Spurgeon for everything legal is simply not true. I have used my middle name my entire life. Yep, my mother named me intending to call me by my middle name. School, doctors' offices, even the deed to the house are all my middle name and last name skipping the first name. It only has to a name that is legally yours to use. If someone willingly puts down their first name and hates it, that's a matter of choice.
SpurgeBob Spongepants? Sorry, had to.
I really don't know how you can look at that beautiful baby and coo, "Oh, Spurgeon!"
Spurgeon My-Mother-Almost-Died-Giving-Birth-To-Me Seewald. These people will never learn.
Worst name ever in my opinion! (Move over Apple & Moses, Spurgeon is worse!) I think in their effort to show us all how incredibly smart and dedicated to their faith they are Ben & Blessa forgot to consider one tiny factor....how bad the name sounds! But what I don't understand is why couldn't they have named him Charles Elliot or a variation of that if it was important to them to name after Charles Spurgeon? That name would have been strong and meaningful to them (and I wouldn't have the terrible urge to mock a week old infant based on its ridiculous name!)
Oh my gosh, what a name ... Spurgeon?? Elliott is nice, but Spurgeon is the UGLIEST name I've ever heard in my life. Seriously.
It even tops Israel David ... the first thing I thought when I heard the Dillard baby name was that folks would be calling him Izzy and that has turned out to be true.
It seems to be a current trend with young people in their 20s and 30s picking out old-fashioned names for their babies. I've heard Hattie, Thelma, Stella, and Bertha from friends in the past few years. Very strange.
But nothing beats Spurgeon! What a horrible name to inflict on a child.
I don't believe that is the true name. The true name will be released in people magazine or something.
Quincy is not a nickname - it is a name ! Use it for the poor boy - better than Spurgeon. Charles, William - they are all good names.
I'm all for unique names, but I agree with others that they will probably go with calling the baby Elliott since the first name is such a mouthful!
Random thought: I know a bunch of people have commented on how odd the official first family photo looks with the sheet behind it. I feel like that is a photo of Jessa and Ben either pre-pregnancy or while she's still pregnant that they used. Then they added the sheet backdrop to hide wherever they were in the photo and photoshopped the baby in. Things just don't match up and she looks very thin in that photo but not in any of the People Magazine photos. Just an idea...
When a person gets married, they are entitled to a FREE name change-first and last. That goes for men and women. Someone should let little Spurgeon know this. He is a cutie!
Maybe his generation will make the break. Then when he gets married when he goes to college and meets someone on her way to medical school, he can change his name completely.
Jessa and Ben have known the baby's ridiculous name this whole time. Amy admits to wanting to post this right after he was born but wanted to wait til Jessa did it first...hmmm http://websta.me/p/1116349860022731133_8488471
CATMOM I honestly thought the same thing the first time I saw the name. It totally fits! And you know the name does look like a name a cartoon character would have. Why not just call him Quincy??
nancyr It could read A splurging surgeon is surging with Spurgeon's sturgeon. They can now write Dr. Suess Books when their tv specials dry up. I guess as awful as the name may be, this kid's name will probably fetch them some money for awhile. They sure know how to capture an easy buck. Poor kid to be a recipient of that name. They could of easily name him Elliot, for the sake of the child.
Spurgeon? Seriously? Well, little Spurge just might eventually decide to change his first name legally and be done with this nonsense. Or he could also just keep it hidden and go by "S. Elliot Seewald" or "Elliot Seewald", that'll fix these two nuts.
I guess Charles Spurgeon is their idol, which is against Christianity (no idols in any way, shape, or form). And if they ever decide they no longer regard Mr. Spurgeon's writings, they'll have a little reminder running around in their home.
A friend's grand-nephew always hated his name, complaining since age 6 that Shannon is a girl's name; so when he came of age he changed it to Wayne.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon is a famous, old-time preacher from many years ago. If they wanted to name their baby in honour of him, wouldn't Charles be a better choice? Especially with a last name like Seewald to go with it. Maybe they will use his middle name.
I also don't think it "MODEST" that in a 960 sq ft house with one bathroom and only two bedrooms, that Michelle and Jana are sleeping over there. It's way too close with no privacy for anyone. How could that mesh with their beliefs? Jana has really no business being there. I can see the baby's grandmother behing there to help out, but this IS Michelle we're talking about here..she does nothing, that's why Jana's there, to actually do all the work. Michelle wants to be window-dressing and call herself grandma to her "sweet grandson"...while walking around the little house doing nothing to help. Perhaps the noise with Anna +4 there has gotten to be a bit too much for Queen Michelle who, maybe had to start washing a dish.
Jess's revealed with a smile that she hasn't changed w single diaper yet per People or some tabloid. My, that was quick. Spurgey is already changing his own diapers.
Not surprising that Bin would revere Spurgeon, whose writings are theologically dense, to put it mildly, pretty stern stuff.
A useful quote from Spurgeon that could be useful to a certain family: "Pride is the devil's dragnet in which he takes more fish than in any other...
I'm just surprised the baby isn't called Bill. Doesn't look like Spurgeon ever went to a "homeschool conference."
Spermin Seewald
...that's all I can think of...
Poor, poor kid.
If my son or daughter named my grandchild Spurgeon I would be embarrassed to tell people the child's name!
Michelle didn't have all her kids in hospital. She had 9 home births, the two sets of twins , Josh, Jackson, Jordyn-Grace and Josie were all born in a hospital. Maybe Johanna also. Google Michelle's deliveries. She's also said it when Anna had hers at home too, that she gave X home births.
The fact that Jessa and Jill both had large babies doesn't bode well for future pregnancies of either girl.
I understand their wanting to name the baby after Christians who've inspired them, but Spurgeon, really?! He's probably going to be homeschooled his whole life, and therefore, won't be made fun of by c LM assmates cuz they'll be His siblings.
Heart in FL: lived the Michelle washing a dish comment. Michelle does nothing but hone her Minnie Mouse voice speaking pseudo "skills". Why is she even around her kids?
It's obvious to me that there was absolutely not one skilled medical person there as Jessa was laboring & giving birth. What a disgrace! If a woman wants to take a chance with her life that's one thing, but to risk the life of a precious baby is horrible. If you listen to Michelle speaking to the 911 operator on that 911 call it's perfectly clear. When she is relaying instruction from the 911 operator saying to put on an outside light & make sure the front door is unlocked, it sounds like it's Jim Bob that is answering her. That would seem correct if Ben is holding the baby, in a blood soaked towel as mentioned. It certainly wasn't a woman's voice, that was answering Michelle. So exactly who were the experts there to help if needed just in the rare case that there was a problem? Also who was knowledgeable enough to refuse to take Jessa to the hospital after 10 hrs. of labor, as she is said to have requested. It was the same as when Anna was saying "I just can't do this please help." She was told that yes she could, & was denied any help. Anna made it through without a trip to the hospital, but so far she is the only one. I feel positive that Jessa went through the entire 9 months without being under the care of any midwife or OB/GYN. According to all information coming from People, the only people attending the birth, beside Ben were his mom, Michelle,Jana & Jinger.I don't believe she was under the care of a midwife or any OB/GYN during her entire pregnancy. A licenced midwife or OB/GYN would have made sure she had the correct prenatal vitamins, correct diet, as well as assessing if the baby was going to be so large it might be necessary for her to be induced for the safety of both mom & baby. I agree that she probably came close to dying with this delivery & possibly losing that beautiful little baby. She should have been taken to the hospital when she requested to go. If she wasn't dilated enough the Dr. could have sent her home. But it's far more likely that the Dr. would have recognized that the baby was extremely large for a woman Jessa size & she might require a C-section, as her mother has before her. A licensed midwife also should have known these risks. Wake up Duggars these are the lives of your children & their children & having it video taped for a TV episode of Jill & Jessa & counting, should have been the last thing on anyone's mind, compared to the loss of a dear baby & possibly the mom too.
I'd like to make it clear that I didn't buy nor do I subscribe to People & I never will. All this information is all over the internet as well as contained in the many pertinent & on target comments on this blog.
NancyR: I hope these two idiot parents will decide to call baby boy Seewald by his middle name Elliott. I've always liked the name Elliott.
Charles Spurgeon Seewald would have made more sense. Spurgeon Seewald is downright ridiculous. That's what happens when a boy (Bin) picks out a name.
McKynzie is Anna's middle name. Feel sorry for Spurgeon Seewald. Can't be shortened to a decent nickname unless he's called El like Stabler on L & O: SVU.
Hey ya know, they could have named their son Gothard Elliott. Just a thought.
Curious Ben Seewald speaks as if he has a deviated septum. Any thoughts?
Ruby: True! Ben contour a sentence together & he's in the same boat with lame sister in law Jill Dillard the Queen of. "Like" &. "Totally". Really Boooorrrriiiinnnggg!
Could have been Gothard Elliott. Just saying.
When flower head band wearing Jill becomes pregnant with her 2nd child, she can give the child the middle name of "LIKE".
Hi
Can Jessa pronounce the baby name.. Guess Janna there to take care of baby.
Mary
Can anyone explain the Quincy nickname? What does that have to do with the name? She posted an Instagram with hashtag #babyquincy
Anna's middle name is Renee and Michelle had only two home births: Jinger and Joseph. She hemorrhaged after Joseph and had to be treated and went to the hospital for all subsequent births.
Just Plain Offended said...
Jess's revealed with a smile that she hasn't changed w single diaper yet per People or some tabloid
Bet it's Jana all the way.
McKynzie is not Anna's middle name. It is Renee- Anna Renee. McKenzie was the name of someone they knew and they liked it, and changed the spelling a little to McKynzie. I also believe McKynzie's middle name is Renee, same as her mother's.
Great idea...though I'm not convinced that either Ben or Jessa are fully literate? Maybe Jilly-muffin could like, totally edit the book (English & Spanish versions obviously) for them?
Elliot would have been so much better!
Anna's middle name is Renee, either she or Josh had a cousin named MacKenzie although it was spelled differently, so they decided on MacKenzie Renee.
I don't understand calling the child "Quincy," during the entire pregnancy, even before she knew it was a boy & then she names him Spurgeon, but say's she will call him Quincy as a nickname. I hope his friends think his name is Quincy & don't realize that it's actually Spurgeon.
As a retired nurse, ever time I see that name I think it's, "surgeon."
Elspeth is absolutely correct about Michelle's home deliveries. She had her first 5 children in the hospital,then had Jinger at home but was attended by a DR & a midwife. She had Joseph at home but due to hemorrhage after Joseph she had the rest in the hospital.
It may be a bit early, but if the Seewalds are going to follow the "preacher whose name begins in S" pattern for baby names, the next baby may be named Swaggart Seewald.
Ruby, Swaggart Seewald OMG how funny is that one. Swaggart is a scumbucket who pleads for money on TV along with that pink haired over Botox lipped woman on another network. Both are disgusting & Phony.
They may call the baby the Spurgeonator..
Charles Spurgeon a lame minister & not very bright. So it's not surprising that Ben chose to name his 1st born son Spurgeon. Ben as well is intellectually challenged.
Interesting that when Charles Spurgeon was alive, he didn't mind sharing his hatred of Catholics. So naming baby Seewald Spurgeon is not a surprise as the mission of the Duggars is to convert Catholics to the depraved, sick, heinous, duplicitous, deciteful, dishonest, objectification & exploitation of women Gothard Cult.
Hey that pink haired lip inflated woman just asked little old ladies to send their grocery money to her network. The sad thing is some of these older ladies will comply. This pink haired woman begs for money just as Jill & Derick beg for their "pretend" mission. They are not missionaries. I hope the IRS investigates the Dillards. They need to be accountable for every penny donated. These Dillards are not fudiciary responsible they just believe they are entitled & will be given a pass. Clearly they do not think. Perhaps the frontal lobe of their brains hasn't kicked in? I mean "like" & "totally".
Sooooo don't understand why they didn't name him Elliot Spurgeon Seewald if they were really set on those names
That name reminds me of the movie "Deep Impact"- where the astronaut had a name that sounded like Sturgeon, and they called him Fish as a nickname. Spurgeon...Sturgeon..Fish.
Charles Spurgeon was a brilliant man and a renowned orator whose church continues in London to this day. His writings are wordy but deep and meaningful. "Spurgeon" is just an odd first name for this century. Would have made a good middle name perhaps.
Hey! Dr. Suess could have a field day with this one!
You are right, Beth 2:53pm. "Elliot Spurgeon Seewald" certainly rolls off the tongue a lot better than the way JessaBen have it. Elliot Seewald has a nice flow, Spurgeon (even by itself) not so much. Poor kid, hope he changes his name later on. I still don't believe what they named their little guy, they've let him open for a world of pain.
I seriously believe they gave not one little thought to the impact this horrid name might have on their child. "Israel" was bad enough, but it's a distant second to "Spurgeon". Poor guy, poor little Elliot.
Hi
I you have read Jill letter to her sister. She was present at the birth. So they must have had a video feed and poor Jana was there to deliver the baby
mary
What I meant Jill was not there in person but probably Skype.
Mary
Poor kid that name leaves me shaking my head, but for some reason Im not surprised. Im sure the waiting game was for drama. I was kid ofhoping he would be born on OCT 31, too. And please these young women should get to an OBGYN.
Since it was mentioned upthread, no the Bateses aren't more flexible. THe men the daughters married are into ATi or their dads are on the board. Alyssa is campaigning for her FIL, who is deeply embroiled in ATI and believes the whole submissive wife Patriarchal thing. The newest son in law and Michaela's husband, is employed by ATI. ALyssa wearing pants doesn't really impress me,a s Whitney started wearing skirts and became obsessed with pregnancy tests the way Anna did.Whitney seemed normal at first. Then, there's the lawsuit against ATI for hiding sexual abuse, and GIl is on the board of directors. No the abuse didnt happen in his home as far as we know, but being a member of the board, he failed on his duty to report.
"S": Mr. Spurgeon was an anti-Catholic man who did not have the love for all that Jesus had for everyone on this planet and still does to this day. It is an insult to 2 billion people on this earth that these two immature sheltered uneducated people named their child after this man. Sorry, but he was NOT someone to emulate.
So, I suspect the "trained midwife" that was present at Jessa's delivery was none other than Jill M. Dillard, Professional Midwife, "at your service"...Jessa seemingly had NO professional actually physically present in her bedroom..just a group of females, some of which have NO experience in deliveries at all. The top of the heap was good ol' Jana, Doula in training, NOT. What is wrong with that girl? Jessa is still a girl and has NO life experience. None of those adult women (Duggar daughters) have EVER worked a day in their lives..in a real job in an office, restaurant or store. They only know how to be at home, no friends or relationships outside of their exact belief system..how is that good?
Jessa AND Jill need to take heed of their almost tragic deliveries to date and seek the professional prenatal care of a real, true, obstetrician, for themselves and for their future childrens' safety. Just no common sense here at all.
Well the more they expose about their beliefs, the better. Because now they are getting such airplay, everyone will know how far out there their beliefs are.
It's a learning experience for me too, because as a Catholic, I always understood Catholics to be Christians. I thought that if you had Jesus in there somewhere, if you followed the teachings of Christ, your religion was Christian. I never thought there was any kind of viewpoint that said Catholics weren't Christian. If nothing else it's eye-opening to learn about other viewpoints (whacked-out as they are...)
Aunt Bea I just read about Charles Spurgeon and he despised slave owning so at least that is one good thing about this man. Not sure about the anti Catholic though. But one thing for sure, I wish they would have used Elliot for the first name. Spurgeon seriously looks like a cartoon character.
People magazine is saying that Jessa had assembled a team of "midwives," comprised of: Her mother, Michelle, her mother-in-law, sisters Jinger & Jana." Just when did all these women become "midwives?"
Also must say I didn't buy or even read the article. You can't miss it as it's, all over the internet.
Aunt Bea, that's your opinion about Charles Spurgeon, I have my own opinion about his theology. The original point was that someone was questioning his intelligence. Just because theology is different doesn't mean that we need to question intelligence.
Has anyone noticed the family still has not said WHY it is that Jessa bled so heavily? They want you to watch the show and they are trying to draw viewers because they have heard no one wants to watch these "adult" children carry on. It's still all money, all publicity all the time.
Totally agree, "How Ridicuous" - I haven't had near as many babies as Michelle, The Greatest Mother Of All Time; but I wouldn't think of assisting at a live birth, especially helping deliver my own grandchild. Are they cheap, nuts, or cheap AND nuts.
I don't understand them at all, and Jessa could have died. Jill had a nasty experience as well.
Wake up, Duggar daughters - pray, go to some de-programmers, and get OUT!!
Anyone else read Jill's letter to Jessa?: "It was such a joy to get to be apart of the birth from Central America, thank you. You were a champ! I felt those contractions with you." Oh get over yourself Jill. There is nothing I hate more than when people turn a note of congratulations to another person into a note about themselves. Is there a term for this phenomena? Kind of like the term humble brag . . . I guess. Jill couldn't write: "I love you, you're awesome." But it had to be: "I felt those contractions with you." Ugh, Jill it's not about you at the moment it's about Jessa. Secondly, I think we're being manipulated into caring about the Duggars and their idiotic existence. I mean, Jill clearly wrote this letter to stir controversy, otherwise why post it to a public forum? Clearly, I'm as culpable as Jill, otherwise, I won't be writing this comment. Bye friends.
If Jessa truly was never fully dilated, then they were crazy to let her push. Pushing and delivering without full dilation could cause horrible cervical tears. No Dr or real midwife would allow that. Meds to aid dilation would've been applied, and with such a large baby forceps or c-section used.
Looking at the team assembled to assist in Jessa delivery I was wondering what happened to the family friends that assisted in Anna's births? Can't remember either names.One also helped with teaching some of the Duggar kids music. One of the women, Ms. Theresa Fedosky(?) whose husband was a DR & she was a doula, who at a later time was studying along with Jill to be a midwife. All 3 women were no longer students, after the midwife they were studying with lost her license. The one woman I am referring to, was in the car accompanying Anna when she was going to her midwife's home to deliver Marcus. Where were all these people? I know they were not licensed midwifes but they did have a bit of training along with Jill. Can you imagine how Jana would have felt if something happened to her sister or the baby? Of course the Duggars don't seem to care about her feelings, or she wouldn't be left in charge of Josie, who is known to suffer seizures if she has a febrile temp.
Its just dumb that the Duggar girls don't see regular doctors for overall supervision, or at least well-qualified midwives. Why do they always have to "mess around" and try to be in control of everything? They definitely have inflated opinions of themselves.
The duggars seem to be getting more extreme. It must be official duggar doctrine for them to deliver at home no matter what Serious medical issues come up. Two daughters in a row with disastrous birth experiences, waiting entirely too long to go to a hospital, is not a coincidence. I also think receiving no prenatal care has also become part of their doctrine.
"I don't understand them at all, and Jessa could have died. Jill had a nasty experience as well."
I suppose they're looking at this the other way, the "half-full" way. Yes they both had bad experiences but their trust in God (or Gothard, or whoever) brought them to a successful outcome. I don't think you can change peoples' minds who think like that. The scary part is even if it wasn't successful, like one or both of them got seriously damaged or died, it still would have been God's will or such guilt would be foisted on the mother that she did something wrong like she must not have prayed enough or something. Just like it was the girls' faults that they "tempted" their molester.
For some reason, and I'm sure it has to do with the patriarchal part, they are determined to keep the women at home and want them to operate completely independent of the outside world. So what if they have horrible scares, don't get proper treatment, have post partum depression, etc. or even if few of them die here and there. I really don't think they care. Not at all. It's not like, they just act stupidly and it looks like they don't care. They just don't. Except for a few people like Anna's brother who left. I don't see how the girls don't see that either. You can see it by the way the two sisters were treated during labor. I wonder why they don't see it themselves
I, for one, would like to hear from Jessa regarding just who was with her during her labor and awful delivery. From what has been advertised, Jessa has never said who was providing her prenatal care and those listed at the birth were merely relatives..Guinn Seewald, Michelle,(a waste of space there), Jana and Jinger. So, just who was in charge there? Jill, "the Professional Midwife" via Skype? So, does that mean Jessa winged it and took a very big irresponsible chance on the well being and safety of her baby and of herself? Stupid girl, if this is true.
So, if Jill was watching along on Skype, what if mrderickdillard happened to walk by and "see Jessa's lady parts" in the process?
BTW, the "birthing center" that Anna delivered Marcus in with Miss Teresa, was nothing more than Miss Teresa's house with a stethoscope and a roman bathtub in the bathroom. Anna labored in a regular substandard twin bed with no medical equipment present if needed. A true birthing center or hospital has a break away laboring bed which rises up so gravity can help the situation. Birth center, indeed. The woman who rode along with Anna in the van, is a friend of the family who was studying to be a doula...she is a widow with five children, her name escapes me at the moment. We have seen her over the years on the show.
Jill must STILL be soar and numb from her ordeal with Israel's labor and delivery. Hopefully she's not thinking of another one any time soon.
Jessa, well, we haven't heard WHAT happened to her that she bled so severely. I'm sure SHE will be sore "down there" for some time to come and she also will exercise more caution until the next one.
Syndee, I agree with your idea that they're determined to keep the women at home. I'm surprised that old Jim Boob hasn't built his own private Duggar family birthing center somewhere on the property by now, complete with birthing bed etc. It will most certainly get well used over the future years considering how many offspring may be coming from all of JB&M's daughters and/or future daughters-in-law! They could even call it the Sweet Fellowship Center!
I'm also wondering if perhaps they avoided a hospital birth might be because of any TLC film crew that may have been there. In a hospital setting, I don't know if a film crew would be granted filming access (due to privacy and security issues) the way they would on private property. And we all know how those Duggars love to sell their lives to the highest bidders! Just a thought.
The birthing center where Anna delivered was NOT with Ms. Teresa the doula. It was a different woman who is at least a registered midwife.
Hi
JimBoob Is not going to pat a cent for his daughters to go to hospital or pay for a midwife.
Mary
This whole thing is so bizarre.
I'm a Christian, I believe in prayer, I believe God is in control of this universe. I also believe in being sensible and having a baby in a hospital, especially if I were to deliver a gigantic baby for my first childbirth. God has given us medical professionals. Why take a chance with your own life and that of your precious baby. Go to a hospital, there's no shame in it, God doesn't mind, He expects you to be sensible and get the best medical care. He doesn't want you to risk two lives.
I do not understand this Duggar cult at all.
Just wondering,Ms Teresa's husb. got into some trouble for abusing meds,so that may have been why she hasn't been seen since Anna's birth with Michael.
I do not know about the other lady that rode with Anna to the Midwife to deliver Marcus
But Mary, it's not even Jim Bob's responsibility to pay for Jessa's birth. That's Benny-boy's job. He married princess Jessa and promised to take care of her. Not sure what the dynamics are in that relationship. Seems that Jessa chose poor or no prenatal care. Not sure what Ben's role has been--fathering this baby and giving him a "powerful" name.
Re; Flowerchild's comments about Jessa not being fully dilated. I honestly think that was Anna's problem with Michaels birth. They were all determined that if she just kept pushing she would have a successful delivery no matter how pain full or dangerous it was. I remember Josh said he explained to Anna that, yes she could do this during that horrific painful labor, shorty before he went to take a nap.I have always maintained that if either Jim Bob or Josh lost their wife in childbirth, they would be remarried within 6 months.
It's not about being dumb, I believe it's not about going against God either. There is something about the doctor-less, completely at-home childbirth that is the goal of these men in this cult. The women have each said at one point that they wanted to go to the hospital during birth. But there is a reason the men forbid it and I can't put my finger on it. The whole cult is based on keeping women less than men - maybe if you "cater" to them and give them proper care when they need it, you are elevating them to an equal, and that can't be done. There is something they just don't like about it, no matter what kind of issues the girls will have they will always only use the hospital as the last resort.
I still don't think JB is the real ringleader. He is for his family, but someone is pulling his puppet strings. He likes his money and he is clever enough to haggle for a good deal, so why in the world would he voluntarily have 14 kids and live in a dump, unless someone else convinced him to.
I think it is a fundie world thing of many having home births, but not a Gothard teaching. Michelle had all but two of hers in a hospital and Kelly Bates had all of her later births in the hospital. I don't know about her earlier ones. Two of Kelly's grandchildren were born in a hospital and one in a birthing center. It seems to be a this generation Duggar thing perhaps brought in by Anna. Some people have suggested it's a cost cutting measure because most of the extreme fundies don't have health insurance. Jill training for fundie style midwifery seems to have cemented the deal.
Having babies at home (if possible) is just another one of those creepy rules that the old, creepy guy in Chicago thought up. It seems just another reaction to rampant paranoia. Old man Gothard is scared of the world, and just makes up these rules and then tells everybody that its just what God wants. Sad.
Elspeth, I didn't mean that MS Theresa, went with Anna to the midwife's home. I understand that she actually did have a real midwife for Marcus's birth. I was only referring to MacKenzie & Michael's birth, where there was no registered, or certified midwife present. Who knows about Meredith's birth, we heard nothing about that.
Now we know for sure the woman must listen to their husband regarding everything. Jessa's baby name is prime example. Ben's choice came first. Jessa's was chosen second for the middle name. Sad.
Let's see, maybe losing a wife in childbirth is just par for the course in these fundie circles. They have insulated themselves so much in their little homeschool, home church, home business , home birth, everyone's self taught "careers" ( photographer, midwife, concert pianist, graphic design artist) bubble that they have become smug and self righteous and overly confident in their abilities. Maybe they have friends in their circles who have horrific birthing stories. Kind of like the friends in their circles who have brother-molesting-sister stories . It's just par for the course.
Well the only prenatal care I have heard about is some ultrasound place at a strip mall providing a 3D picture of the baby and the gender for the Sierra party later. These things are important ya know. But in Jessa's case she skipped the reveal party trying to drum up some interest. But the ultrasound of Spurgeon was plastered all over the internet. All for show. Jessa' s been asked what it's like being newly married and pregnant. She was invited to speak several times during her pregnancy. We are still asking if she had prenatal care. No answer to that question yet, but the 3D picture is probably been in a frame for months. Can you tell what's important to these people.
I remembered the lady's name who we have seen from time to time, the one who rode with Anna in the van for Marcus' birth: her name is Mrs. Query.
I highly doubt that Jessa is breastfeeding. She seems too prissy to do that.
Jim Bob is not that smart. He's not smart enough to understand that having more children than one can afford is a bad idea. He doesn't understand that a woman is not a baby machine. He doesn't understand that his children need an education in order to make it in this world. There's a lot Jim Bob doesn't understand. I also think someone is grooming his ego and pulling his puppet strings. Gothard?????.
I meant "stroke his ego". Someone out there is stroking Jim Bob's ego. He is someone's useful idiot. Maybe he's just TLC's useful idiot.
hi
Why would Jimboob,benji,the other one pay for ms Teresa or another woman when the duggars have a house full of women. Really Woman never went to hospital in old days. Woman had babies on the trail in back of wagons. None of these dopes will pay a dime.. Wonder if both these girls have harmed themselves and will only birth one child. What ever will Michhhhhhhheel do or jim Boob who wants hundreds of grandchildren
Mary
"He is someone's useful idiot. Maybe he's just TLC's useful idiot. "
Well this started long before TLC. He was fine at the start, landed his pretty cheerleader young wife, not so unusual for southerners to get married right out of HS. They were smart enough to think of using birth control. Then all changed. So Gothard got to him well before TLC.
Other than being dumb enough to get sucked into a cult, I still think he's, well maybe not smart, but clever enough to weasel his real estate deals and maybe the free house from the church deal and all the other free stuff. Not too bad for having 14 kids (pre-TLC days). But having the dozen-plus kids in the first place was not smart.
I sort of think that his insistence on staying on the air is not all about the money. I think it's driven behind the scenes, he's being told you are the one that can spread the word, you must fight tirelessly to spread the word (on TV.) That may be part of the reason he's trying so hard to keep the show. If it was only about money and he was that interested in just money, they wouldn't have had all those kids. It doesn't make sense.
But JB should not be making decisions concerning his children- how many children they have, how often they have them, paying for them. That is between the husband and wife. Ma and Pa Duggar are overly involved in the lives of their married children. Leave and cleave not do much.
RE: Mary's comments about paying for Ms. Theresa or anyone else to help deliver the babies. They never pay anyone for anything they can get for free & it's always a "friend" of the family that volunteers to help in what ever way then can help. It doesn't matter if it's delivering a baby, giving the kids music lessons, etc. They are usually "church friends," who willing help. I don't believe Jim Bob ever opens his wallet. He's the king of freebies. As far as Ben, he can't have much in his wallet if he's working for Jim Bob. Probably just room & board for him & his family
IMO, what drives Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, more than money, is attention. I think the many kids was as much for attention as anything else, including the cult. I think after they discovered the attention factor of it, they figured out it could (maybe) make them a little extra income as well. I think when they got publicity because of Jim Bob's campaign, that fed their frenzy, so to speak. There was no going back after that, because, IMO, they had the attention "bug" all the time anyway.
Jim Bob had stated on TV that he and Michelle discovered this "Gothard type" of belief system after attending a seminar on financial strategies of being out of debt and how to build personal wealth, biblical style, of course. He then shared this information with Michelle, who started to attend these "meetings" with him, and it all went on from there.
As far as the "real estate" stuff goes, JB's grandfather started Duggar Realty down there and it is a "handed down" business. Any and all real estate strategies were passed down and learned from Grandma Duggar and his father to Jim Bob. After all, Jim Bob did have $250,000 to plunk down for someone's political campaign who supported their Gothard style life..Combined with the financial seminar information he learned, a prepared business from his family, working in a grocery store, staying out of debt, he was never a poor guy by any means. He socked away money all the while his family were living in the "free house", donations to the family, etc. because they APPEARED like they were living on their last dollar every week. He gladly accepted those benefits and donations from the churches and community down there.
Then came TLC, which fueled it all, including their income, completed their dream house and furnishings, instruments, vehicles, publicity etc..Their family is now their business, it really never was a ministry. If it were, the great Christians that they are, they would have spread the word in heathen TV and donated the money that it brought them to real charities. Their children have grown accustomed to having cameras around them in all they do, big or little things, and they now really don't know how to live a private life. They are dependent on TLC income as we see with Jill and Jessa. Just not an honest situation with this family if you ask me.
Jim Bob is at the bottom of the food chain of politicians, businessmen, lawyers, Gothard, TLC because he is a foolish clown who thrives on attention. He is willing to do almost anything for attention -- even run for political office when he is unqualified, have a billion kids, beg, hump his wife on television, etc. the list could go on and on. I have Zero respect for such a person. He is a fool's fool.
Regarding the comment about the Duggar family being accustomed to cameras, just look at Derick Dillard already. He gave up a good job using his degree, and probably a sound future, to be filmed as a "missionary" in Guatamala for the TLC dime. Didn't take him long. That's how quick and easy they get addicted to it (i.e., cameras and attention).
Please don't think for one minute that I am suggesting that this is a reason for Jessa's severe hemorrhage, following the baby' birth. But we all saw the picture she posted of herself with the pineapple & saying she was going to eat the entire thing herself. My husband has cardiac issues & is on blood thinners. We were recently told that he should not eat pineapple or only occasionally in extremely small amts. The Dr. told us that pineapple acts as a blood thinner in the same way Coumadin or Warfarin will do. I just think if she was receiving any good prenatal care, especially regarding her diet, she would have been warned that this was something she should only eat in small portions & on occasions. Of course God only knows what type of diet she did follow during her pregnancy.
So what is with the latest comment about Jessa's delivery? Seems Mommy"s Butterfly Midwives did not attend Jessa's birth and they commented negatively on Jessa's delivery scenario. Still no word on who helped deliver Jessa's baby. Methinks there was no midwife present.
Ok. So if you go to a Mommy's Butterfly midwife Facebook page you can see the thread about Jessa's birth. It answers a lot of questions about who was and was not attending Jessa's birth. Mommy's Butterfly was not there. What a mess. You know, I think Jessa went at her baby's birth plan the same way we have seen her in the kitchen -- no plan, anything is fine, a little bit of this a little bit of that, no recipe, whatever oven temperature is fine....just a lick and a promise and it's all good!. Wow, Jessa!
Each time Jessa speaks she solidifies her lack of education & ignorance she's pretty much predictable on every level & that's not a compliment.
For those who are commenting that they don't think Jessa had any midwife present at the birth. Jessa herself was quoted in People, as saying, that she had assembled a team that included, her mother-in-law, Guinn, her mother, Michelle, sisters Jana & Jinger. You can see for yourself unless one of them is holding out about their training, there was no midwife present. I don't blame "Mommy's Butterfly," for coming out & defending themselves, or it could certainly have a negative effect on their business. Thanks to "Heart in Florida," for giving us Mrs. Query name. That was the one I was thinking of, she was studying along with Jill to be a midwife, but also did not complete her studies, & actually become a midwife due to the woman who was teaching them losing her license. There was a group of them that were just left out of the midwife training, unless they went into another program. We never heard anything about another program of study from Jill, so I just assume Mrs. Query didn't enter another program either. She wouldn't be finished yet anyway. Doesn't matter she wasn't there either. All this simply tells us that Jessa did it "her way.",no midwife present.
Ginger, you post something for thought. Yes, foods that are natural coagulants probably should be avoided, as before any scheduled surgery or invasive medical procedure, your physician asks if you're on any "blood thinners", etc, and to avoid them 5 days before the procedure...That's insightful thinking on your part. I wonder if Jessa ate that whole pineapple? Also, there is a time frame contradiction here. How could she have been out with Benji and her sisters, etc at that restaurant for her birthday, ON HER BIRTHDAY, if she had such a long labor that was DURING HER BIRTHDAY? Just doesn't add up. If this family expects to be respected by the public, they need some accountability of their own here...and in many other instances too.
Debbie Query, the trainee at the time midwife, who was with Jill in labor has become a licensed midwife in Arkansas. She is under review for Jill's birth (for a large number of reasons) and will likely lose her license. Jill did NOT call her real midwife so that woman has been cleared of mishandling the labor. The Duggar arrogance is amazing.
So on the Mommy's Butterfly facebook last night i saw a Joy Coonfield who claimed to have attended Jessa's birth. I think she is the same woman who came to Jill's house on the episode where Jill was prepping for her home birth. Jill was going over her birth plan. The birthing pool was set up and Jill had assembled home birthing supplies. There was a woman there who seemed to be advising Jill but spoke as if she was not planning on being there for the actual birth. I think it was the same Ms. Coonfield. Anyway,either she was at Jessa's birth or she wasn't. It seems that Jessa's birth story and labor timeline have some major inconsistencies. Why can't the Duggars just tell the truth?
Joy Coonfield did NOT claim to have attended Jessa's birth. She said she was Jill's midwife. Someone else came on who said Jill didn't call Joy to be there for the birth. Joy is the midwife we saw Jill visiting for a pre-natal visit.
You are right, Elspeth, Ms. Coonfield did not attend Jessa's birth. My bad. Sorry. She was Jill's midwife. I wonder why she was never called to Jill's birth.
It makes me so mad that they didn't have a midwife or some sort of professional at the birth. While I have a birth defect that may make a natural birth difficult for me in the future, I fully support women who want to do home births as long as they do so responsibly. I understand that a hospital setting isn't for everyone, but what these women are doing are making their home births as dangerous as possible and potentially stopping other women from making that choice. If you want to be an advocate for something, don't be so stupid.
I am beyond shocked by all this drama. Home births are contentious at best and now the group we thought were in the Duggar's corner (Butterfly) is actually speaking out. So Joy Coonfield actually admits to providing pre-natal care, but doesn't confirm that she attended the birth. Is that even possible? Do you think Jessa told her before hand that she wasn't going to call her when she went into labour? When will someone really turn a critical eye to the Duggar's and their practices? If this home birth nonsense, women suffering during childbirth, limited (or no) pre-natal care etc. all part of their cult religion when will the state intervene? Could adult protective services be called? When an infant dies (sorry, but at this rate it seems inevitable) during childbirth of a preventive cause will the state investigate? So many questions ....
Joy provided prenatal care to JILL not Jessa. Then Jill didn't call Joy to handle the delivery. For whatever reason Jill wanted to do it on her own with a fellow trainee. My guess is that she knew she was outside the state guidelines for a home birth and that Joy would tell her to get straight to the hospital. Jessa seems to have gone with the completely not even a CPM but a doula Teresa that Anna used.
Over two whole days, close to three whole day and nights of labor and Jill didn't understand that the baby was transverse? She didn't understand that when your water breaks and you are positive for group b strep and there is meconium staining that you should get to a hospital??? And she was studying to be a lay midwife? I know we've been over this before, but something just doesn't add up. It doesn't seem that she asked for advice at any point until she was at the hospital. What a foolish, foolish young lady.
Home births aren't illegal in Ark.,so no,the state can't intervene.If something happens and a midwife is there,it can be on her,if it was shown she didn't give proper care.Otherwise,I don't know.I mean,I doubt Jessa or Jill would sue their own family and friends if something had went wrong.JMO
Just read on another blog that Jill is now a certified midwife. As with every Duggar announcement, I just don't believe this news. Obviously with Jessa's birth, Jill & Jessa will continue to exercise poor judgment & make dangerous decisions thus playing Russian Roulette with the lives of their babies & themselves. This confirms their lack of education & continued ignorance. The Duggars are liars with zero credibility yet TLC believes it's a smart decision to now produce a program featuring Jill & Jessa. I will never watch this show as currently, I have deleted TLC from by cable system. I also emailed TLC & advised them of this decision. I also advised TLC that many people have decided to boycott the upcoming Jill & Jessa's reality program.
I don't believe that Jessa even had a doula present at the birth of her baby. I am going exactly by what Jessa has said herself. You can't consider Jana a doula as she never finished any doula training & didn't even want to do it in the first place. She & Jill always said they went together to training because their parents wanted each of them to have a partner. It certainly wasn't Jinger, she was never interested in becoming doula. That leaves, according to Jessa's own account, Michelle,her motherin-law, Guinn& nothing has ever been mentioned about her having any midwife or doula training & Jana & Jinger. Why does anyone think she had Ms. Theresa present? Jessa has never mentioned her being there.
Joy Coonfield has since removed her comment from A Mommy's Butterfly facebook page. Very telling. Also the irony is not lost on me that they're called their "midwifery" practice after a butterfly. I put midwifery in quotation marks because we know as a group they're pretty poorly educated. A butterfly is used in maternity wards to denote a still birth. Enough sad.
The facts of these births seem more and more ridiculous. I did read the thread on Momma Butterfly facebook account and it seems they want to keep away from the Duggar girls' births with a 10 ft pole. I'm surprised to learn so few rules are in place. In the press I'm reading about debates about why there should be stricter rules in place for abortion providers (no opinion here about pro/con, just a statement about what is the current status) like hospital privileges. You'd think the same argument should apply to midwives and doulas or whoever is allowed to assist births, which is safety of the woman. Do the midwives need to have hospital admitting privileges? How come birth itself isn't required to be near a hospital facility? Can the CFM actually go to the hospital with the patient? Are you actually allowed to try an unassisted homebirth yourself? Is that considered negligence if something went wrong? I still cant' get over that these two girls, who have been around babies and birth all their lives, still don't seem to know anything at all and have such poor judgment.
Miss Teresa won't be mentioned much in public any more. The state regulators are looking onto her practice of delivering babies without proper training and certification. A complicated birth with transport and the possibility she contributed to it would be all they'd need.
We talked about Jill passing her midwife exam here weeks ago.
I don't know of any law that says one cannot have an unassisted home birth.As far as a negligence charge if it ended poorly,against the mother or anyone present,I have no idea.Maybe some one else knows more?
I'm guessing Jill may have thought labor/contractions might help the baby turn? That would be unlikely with such a large baby,if she even knew he was transverse
I'm not bothered by home births, but when a laboring mom asks to go to the hospital and gets shut down, that disturbs me. This cult is dangerous for women and my heart aches for those born and bred into it. As for those women who willingly buy into this nonsense, the ones who went to a real school, had real dates and friends, had the opportunity to pursue a life without fear of "defrauding" the menfolk I have nothing but distain. No matter how old chronologically the Duggar/Keller/Bates kids are, they are all stunted emotionally, from oldest to youngest. The parents should be ashamed of themselves but are too misogynistic to care. The children deserve pity, they were blanket trained into submission before they had a chance
I don't know if Jill really thought about any birth plan for Jessa. I just don't think about stupidity & the Duggar daughters Jill & Jessa as its not productive.
As far as I know, Jill was not providing Jessa's prenatal care, so why should Jill have had a plan for Jessa's delivery of Spurge? Jessa needed to have a birth plan for Jessa. Heck, she didn't do anything all those 40 weeks she was "expecting" but take selfies and hang out at her parents' house and restaurants, she should have had time to come up with a real plan for herself and be grown up enough to insist on it when she asked to go to the hospital and didn't.
Someone on Facebook explained it better, but Jill is not a true midwife. She is basicly what a CNA is to an RN, a "helper" . The Duggar worshiping flock doesn't seem to understand the difference, always commenting that Jill IS a certified midwife.That is something totally different than a person who has a 4 year Nursing degree and is more like a qualified Nurse Practitioner who can deliver babies.
It doesn't even matter if Jill was a "real" midwife- she's not going to work. She would only help with her sister's deliveries.
I wonder if Ben and Jessa have started to tell Spurgeon just what an unrepentant sinner he is and that he's going to hell if he doesn't accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior...no disrespect intended to the Almight, but to Ben and Jessa. How silly and damning their belief system is..downright depressing.
Hi
about Jill having to stay until summer.. she have to come home and steal one of her mom's pregnancy tests. The have a big announcement
Mary
It's not just schoolmates who tease kids about their names and come up with hurtful nicknames. Brothers, sisters, cousins, and friends have been known to do it too. No doubt there have already been plenty of snickers among the Duggar boys regarding Spurgeon's name. As "perfect" as the Duggars are, it's hard to picture at least couple of them never giving Spurgeon a hard time over his unfortunate name.
Just plain,I agree,and my guess is they'll call him Spurgie or something
I was interested to see if this unassisted home birth phenomena is intrinsic to the Duggar ladies or throughout the Quiverfull faithful. I came across this article, which explained a lot about the belief system regarding a non medical and unassisted birth. It's a few years old, but enlightening.
http://religiondispatches.org/my-womb-for-ihisi-purposes-the-perils-of-unassisted-childbirth-in-the-quiverfull-movement/
Re the post from Roo Doo- that was a very interesting article and seems to explain Jessa not having any medical support for her home delivery and why Jill waited at home so long before going to the hospital. Of course they sure seem to be inconsistent and can get medical attention when they really have a problem, as with Michelle's emergency and Josie's premature birth.What happened to trusting in God ??
Thanks, Marci. I thought the same thing. But I think with MeChelle it's acceptable to have a hospital birth. She wasn't born into the Quiverfull life as Jill and Jessa and Anna were, so she may hold on to at least a LITTLE common sense. And the idea of losing a cast mate (I mean MeChelle) was probably unthinkable to Sponge Bob. So he conceded to hospital births for her.
What really gets me is this unrealistic view that you shouldn't put more trust in a human than God. That God would bring them through. What ever happened to the idea of God working THROUGH the doctor? God giving the doc the ability to perform the medical miracle that is required to save lives or to help the baby be born? They trust doctors to stitch up head wounds or to apply braces or remove a lip cyst, but they won't trust one to help assure a precious blessing is brought safely into the world? The logic is so twisted here that I don't understand it. Makes NO sense.
Post a Comment