Please use this for Duggar sightings, speculation, or general discussion. Note that this is Duggar discussion not other families, TV shows, or personal stories. If you wish to discuss other TLC shows, please visit TLCwithoutpity.blogspot.com. Thank you!
I closed the other thread both because of it's size and how things were getting overly contentious again. We understand religion is part of the Duggar's life, but we need to keep the discussion there on what is part of the show and not venture into each other's religions, please. The problem usually arises when there are no new episodes and people start speculating about the Duggars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
258 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 258 of 258I'm glad Josh and Anna had a midwife there and that TLC respected his/her desire not to be filmed. However, when you sell your family on TV for public consumption image is very important, especially when you are trying to convince people to live the way you do. If the Duggars are as media savvy as some people like to make them out to be, why would they have not stated that there was a midwife present? Surely they had to know that they would look like irresponsible idiots (for lack of a better term) to most of their viewing audience if they portrayed the home birth as a last minute half-baked idea? Also, if they planned to do a home birth from the start why not at least say they were thinking about it? This is an area of their beliefs that they could have intelligently spoken about to a wide audience who may be unfamiliar with the benefits of a home birth.
The way it looked on TV in the final cut did not make me think that Josh and Anna wanted to show the viewing audience how beautiful a natural home birth can be in hopes that their audience would then educate themselves on the issue and perhaps consider it for themselves. If that was the impression I had received I would have commended their effort, but instead what I saw was a greedy husband exploiting his wife and unborn child by making them a type of freak show for the viewing audience.
Remember, folks - it was JOSH'S company (Premiere Productions) that filmed the birth. So he was able to double-dip - "sell" the film to TLC AND get paid by TLC for being in it. ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK...
Re: Remember, folks - it was JOSH'S company (Premiere Productions) that filmed the birth. So he was able to double-dip - "sell" the film to TLC AND get paid by TLC for being in it. ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK...
--------------------------------------
Perhaps that's why it was a homebirth...I don't believe a hospital would have allowed all the extra ppl in there.
Remember, folks - it was JOSH'S company (Premiere Productions) that filmed the birth. So he was able to double-dip - "sell" the film to TLC AND get paid by TLC for being in it. ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK...
**************
This is the reality of reality TV in a nutshell. Poor Anna.
reality bites said:
This is the reality of reality TV in a nutshell. Poor Anna.
* * *
If this blog helps some people become aware of how being on a reality show can cause temptation, greed and the love of making money - then it's a very worthwhile blog indeed.
I do feel for Anna -- she married into a family that is currently centered around making as much money by being promoters on tv. It's not much different than selling vegetable choppers or super absorbent clothes along with some clever pitter patter.
To make it even more unequal, she is expected to simply go along calmly and willingly, or else she'll be deemed a bad wife in the eyes of her religion.
I hope the Duggar girls have better luck when it comes time for them to get married. I really feel bad for those girls - they have been made into drudges in their own home, and then they'll be expected to marry, begin having babies right away, and it's so unlikely they'll ever get a break from the drudgery, until their own daughters are old enough to take over the child-raising.
Re: I hope the Duggar girls have better luck when it comes time for them to get married. I really feel bad for those girls - they have been made into drudges in their own home, and then they'll be expected to marry, begin having babies right away, and it's so unlikely they'll ever get a break from the drudgery, until their own daughters are old enough to take over the child-raising.
Better yet,I have a feeling some of them may secretly get scripts for the pill.It's not that hard to do.Buy them online.Or see a Dr.Keep them hidden.And more power to them if they do :)
Why is someone even thinking about the girls getting scripts for the pill? There is nothing that they say or do that indicates this.
I would not be surprised now someone will take this and run with it and have others state the girls are on the pills. I think people project what is in their own hearts on others.
I don't think those older Duggars (girls) are EVER getting married/leaving home. Seriously. They are what now? 20? Around 20? At that age, I was in college and already "pre-engaged." IE: I had future plans. Plans that did NOT include living w/Mommy and Daddy for very much longer.
And looking BACK, I sure wish I had moved out --on my own, BEFORE becoming a wife at age 23. Some time alone, balancing bills etc. Running my own schedule.
Yes, yes, this is the Duggars and they are ONE UNIT and all cooperative and all that! But I will never come to grips with how those girls in that family are USED (yes, I said it) to rear their own parent's continuous offspring. Oh, and ALL the laundry, cooking, etc. That should NOT *ALL* be those girls doing that! WHere is the mother??? Oh, Michelle that's right, off cuddling in the back of the hay wagon with hokey old JimBob and working on the next youngun'. Of course ,I forgot whom we were discussing.
Re: Why is someone even thinking about the girls getting scripts for the pill? There is nothing that they say or do that indicates this.
What about when they've been married for a number of years and are tired of being treated like baby machines?
SuzanneDeAZ said...
Why is someone even thinking about the girls getting scripts for the pill? There is nothing that they say or do that indicates this.
* * *
Suzanne - I believe the anonymous poster meant that perhaps once the girls get married, they may secretly decide to opt for some form of birth control.
I imagine many of us have seen similar in other families. A child is raised one way, and when grown, lives in quite another. Like the example someone gave of her husband, who grew up as one of 17 children, and how the children either opted to be childless, or only have one or two.
I don't think that person meant the girls, now, in the present, were seeking any form of birth control.
Re: MIchelle's cycle
What I remember her saying is the girls watch the calendar "like a hawk." I don't think she's overtly sharing the dates with them. She doesn't need to tell them anything, it will be obvious to whoever empties the trash in the master bath. In fact, i wouldn't be at all surprised if all of the females in the house get their periods at the same time. It happens all the time in college and other situations where women spend alot of time together. If they do, the girls would probably notice if Michelle had stopped using the products.
IF the girls were courting OR discussing ways that they were going to leave home and live their own live there is NO WAY the girls would announce it...
They see already how everything they know and love about their brother people twist and misunderstand... And they are old enough that they have to sign separate contracts than the parents.
Not to mention what we say about their parents. I don't see us knowing anything about the girls or John David till it's pretty much a done deal.
Cyn said: "Not to mention what we say about their parents."
-----
The same parents who signed a television contract to put their lives out there for the entire world to see.
Surely the Duggars aren't naive enough to think that everyone agrees with their unique religious preferences and lifestyle, and I surely hope they aren't naive enough to think their life is an "encouragement" to everyone that watches.
Maybe, just maybe, some people watch the show for the "I can't believe how bizarre these people are" factor.
SuzanneDeAZ: "I would not be surprised now someone will take this and run with it and have others state the girls are on the pills."
---------
Good grief, I think the poster meant that SOME of the Duggar girls MIGHT consider the Pill once they are married, NOT that the Duggar girls are running off to the nearest Planned Parenthood Clinic right now.
In a family with that many girls, it's not likely that every single one of them is going to follow in their mother's footsteps.
Look at Anna's family, for example, in the episode where the sisters fly in for the baby shower. Anna has sisters that don't dress in the "modern modest" mode, plus they wear makeup and have modern hairstyles/highlights.
It's a possibility some of the girls might practice birth control once they are married, just as it's possible they won't use birth control, and maybe some of them won't EVER marry and have children. Only time will tell.
The difference isn't that people disagree with their life style or their religious views....
Its how they express it:
"I think the Duggars have too many children" vs "It's a _______ not a Clown Car"
BOTH say the same thing but one is an opinion the other is just Rude and hurtful.
"Josh seems to be a know-it-all" vs "Josh is dominating and over bearing"
"Michelle must like having babies" vs "Michele needs a shrink to deal with her pregnancy addiction"
THESE are they types of comments I was talking about... They pepper any Duggar discussion, and do NOT add in any way to a debate or a conversation. Those type comments only inflame and hurt.
Why would the girls want to subject themselves to these type comments any MORE than they already do by announcing they are:
1) Going to College
2) Going along with local midwives to see if that's what they want to do.
3) Courting
4) Moving out on their own...
Re Encouragement:
The Duggars do not think their show IS an encouragement to EVERYBODY... Simply that it CAN be.
And since the people they are encouraging or inspiring (in what ever area)keep asking them to come speak at churches, fill those churches and venues and send them thank you letters it's worth it to them to withstand the rest.
Re: I believe the anonymous poster meant that perhaps once the girls get married, they may secretly decide to opt for some form of birth control.
I'm the poster and yes,that's what I meant.
Nextyounggun - Regarding your post that some of the girls may never leave home if they haven't already - it's my understanding (Although I don't remember where I heard it) that the family doens't allow the girls to marry until they are 20, like Anna was. Jana isn't even 20 yet, she's almost
20. So until she turns 21 and still hasn't left, I don't think we have anything to be concerned about. I think most of us are suprised that girls who are 17,18,19 are still at home doing NOTHING, but I'm not actually surprised that they aren't married yet. 20 is pretty young to get married, anyway, but as I said I remember somewhere that the Duggar girls won't marry before 20 anyway, and so far the oldest is only 19.
I'm watching the 17 kids and counting episode right now where the family goes to the wildlife safari. JB says that this particular safari, which is owned by friends, is one of the "Best kept secrets in America." Is he serious? I can think of many other wildlife "safaris," for example the San Diego Wild Animal Park, Northwest Trek in WA State, Yellowstone, etc. I also noticed that one of the cameramen asked Josiah if he minds volunteering and he said, "No, I don't mind not getting paid because when you help someone you get paid in a different way. You get paid by...um... I... I just... I don't know." He was obviously reciting what he'd been taught but knew nothing about what it meant.
I'll never forget the buckets of bagels for wild animals.
What a disgrace!
I'll never forget the buckets of bagels for wild animals.
What a disgrace!
**********************************
The Duggars didn't BRING the bread, nor did the DONATE the bread... they simply showed up to help FEED the animals what the OWNERS gave them to feed the animals....
And from the stupid balloons in the corners I would assume it was what the owners feed the animals from time to time when they have a large enough load to fill that baby dump truck.
As of Jan 12, Jana and John-David are 20. Jill will be 20 in May, 2011.
I'm watching the 17 kids and counting episode right now where the family goes to the wildlife safari. JB says that this particular safari, which is owned by friends, is one of the "Best kept secrets in America." Is he serious? I can think of many other wildlife "safaris," for example the San Diego Wild Animal Park, Northwest Trek in WA State, Yellowstone, etc.
***********************************
Every one you named off is not a SECRET or barely known about... The one they visited was one of those 'rare gems' you can find back off the beaten path and that's ALL Jim Bob was saying.
I also noticed that one of the cameramen asked Josiah if he minds volunteering and he said, "No, I don't mind not getting paid because when you help someone you get paid in a different way. You get paid by...um... I... I just... I don't know." He was obviously reciting what he'd been taught but knew nothing about what it meant.
**********************************
Funny I watched the SAME episode and thought WOW he's NINE and can articulate his thoughts that well... until he lost his train of thought... and I chuckled thinking we at least you tried.
HAD it been scripted it would have come out much better, or had he simply been parroting things back his parents have said he would have had a better shot at it.
How many 8-9-10 yr olds do you know that can articulate exactly that "Warm Fuzzy Feeling" you get when you help some one else 'just because'.
And his ENTHUSIASM shined through even when he couldn't remember where that particular thought was going.
Speaking of that enthusiasm I was 'encouraged' by this episode through the enthusiasm all the kids showed towards wanting to help (even it was animals) some one else. And I would love to sit down with Michelle and ask her how she fostered that in all of her children where out of my 5 I only got ONE that feels the need to help others. Though all 5 will help if shown what the need is and how to fill it. Michelle's kids will mostly LOOK for ways to help others and then do it with a cheerful heart.
Kat - okay, so Jana just turned
20. BUT, there hasn't been an episode since her birthday, so I still don't think it's strange that we haven't heard of her courting and that she's not married yet. My point was just that they can't get married until 20 anyway, and we didn't hear about Josh courting Anna before he proposed to her on her 20th birthday, so considering it's only been a couple weeks since Jana turned 20, I'm still not surprised.
Anonymous 11:15AM--I am not "concerned" that the girls are not married. I am "concerned" that they don't do ANYTHING, other than care for their parent's offspring and laundry and cooking. You might have missed the point of my post. I do NOT think 20 year-olds are necessarily mature enough for marriage (depends on the particular person), AND, in fact I stated in my post that, in retrospect, I myself wished I had gotten out On My Own PRIOR to my own marriage.
Is it so inconceivable that ANY of them can choose to have an independent life of their own at ANY point?? Why the "either/or" scenario of living w/Mommy & Daddy vs. immediate Marriage??
Re: NextYoungunPlease
I am "concerned" that they don't do ANYTHING, other than care for their parent's offspring and laundry and cooking.
*************************************
That's all we have seen FILMED we do not KNOW that is all they do.
We did not know Josh owned a car lot till he was married to Anna. A car lot he had been running for years. We did not know Josh ran a towing company till it was shown on the show. Josh has been running that business for years as well.
We did not know the older girls were off at the orphanage this past Christmas, until Michelle gave birth.
This is not "Big Brother" with 24/7, cameras in ever nook and cranny. Jim Bob stated in an earlier episode (don't recall which one) that John David was living with them so he could save money for piloting lessons.
John David is probably trying to save the entire amount first, with the no debt lifestyle the Duggars have installed in them.
Sorry I did not realize one was talking about the future of the girls may choose to take the pill. yes, that can happen as not every Duggar is going to follow their parents example 100%.
For Bubbles comment Jim Bob's sister Deanna was a single mother so Amy used Duggar. Her actual last name is Jordyn. Some say she uses Duggar to avoid confusion. Deanna recently married Amys father if Im correct. I agree some dont give Amy a fair chance. She shows you can still be level headed and still hold moral values.
posted by Cyn: "We did not know Josh owned a car lot till he was married to Anna. A car lot he had been running for years."
-----
And isn't this an interesting little bit of information I found about JimBob's attempts (while holding office as a state representative) to help Joshie along in the used car business:
"He (JimBob) also made repeated attempts to repeal the state sales tax on low-value used cars, saying it was wrong of the state to add hundreds of dollars of sales tax to vehicles needed by the working poor." (quote taken directly from arkansasnews.com/search/michelle duggar)
Of course, it was all done to "help the working poor", and had absolutely nothing to do with boosting Josh's used-car business, right? Sorry, I'm not believing that for a second. Wealthy people buy used cars also.
JimBob was a busy boy while in political office, in the same link mentioned above, he also favored at $5,000 PROPERTY TAX CREDIT for parents who homeschool their children !
Very very interesting, and here I thought I'd read in an interview with JimBob that he ran for political office on the single issue of abortion, but looks like he was quite busy with other issues also.
re: car lot
If you find any information on the lot it's still in JB name. His house is g-pa's. It's great that they are able to help him out but looking at his and Anna's website they are self-sufficient debt free (I would be too if I worked for my daddy and live in my g-pa's house) and can give us all finical and marriage advice.
PLEASE!
I really wish he would not ride the coat tails of his parents. I would like for them to even talk about Anna's parents. (We're going to Florida to see them) Yeah I know the show isn't filmed 24/7 but isn't it odd that they have managed to be in EVERY episode?
What about him leaving and cleaving?
It's still yucky that he had a film crew film his wife's birth. (Call mom then call the crew..call the crew then call mom hmmmm)
Oscar's momma
I agree some dont give Amy a fair chance. She shows you can still be level headed and still hold moral values.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If she brags about drinking and posts pictures of herself online in low cut and revealing clothes, how is she holding moral values? Which moral values would those be?
The LAND may or not be JimBob's but the dealership is Josh's. Translation = the RENT may be free or cheap but buying and selling the cars is Josh's responsibility.
The house was one of Grandpa's RENTALS, which from the pictures I saw was trashed/nasty and needed serious repairs. If his Grandfather GAVE the house to him (But I seem to remember him saying he'd bought it from G'pa) he still had to put money into the house to make it livable, and furnish it.
AS for talking about the Kellers or showing the Kellers on the show... good luck with that one after the flack they got from the wedding show I'm betting the Kellers' grown children and their spouses talked to the parents and they have decided only short little shots of themselves if at all (baby shower was more on the rest of the family than the Kellers)
re: Kellers
They are not allowed to say we went to Florida and saw Anna's parents? Or Mckenzie met her Keller grandparents?
Or
Josh and Anna aren't with us on this trip because they are visiting her parents?
I'm not talking about SHOWING them but even mentioning them is off limits?
Please...
Oscar's momma
Anonymous - I know this blog isn't about Amy, but I have to speak up against what you said. I am not a personal friend of Amy's so I have no dog in the fight, but I really wish people would stop discussing her character here when they really don't know her. Obviously, I don't know her personally either, but I can say that I am friends with her on FB, and some of what you said is just untrue. For being only 23, she DEFINITELY exhibits good moral qualities, in my opinion. It isn't her fault that she wasn't raised the way her cousins were. Who knows how any of the Duggar girls would have turned out had they not been raised by JB and Michelle? And there's nothing wrong with the way Amy was raised or who she is at all. She may not wear skirts or spend her day taking care of babies, but compared to most 23-yr-olds she seems like a wonderful young lady. You can say what you want about some of her posts (even though I haven't seen those, and I look at her page almost every day),but I still maintain that half of her posts, if not more, are related to the Bible and her relationship with God, which is something that most people her age are reluctant to talk about to their friends. For someone who wasn't raised by JB and Michelle (quite the contrary since, although her parents are nice people, they weren't even married when she was born), I'd say Amy's turned out as well as she could have.
Re Kellers:
The Duggars seem to just answer questions put to them... So get the film crew to ASK those questions.
Anna's mother came up after the birth yet was not filmed or mentioned. and I still think it was on the KELLER's request.
Regarding Josh and Anna's house they "acquired" from Grandpa. I also am pretty sure that in one of the early episodes when Josh is talking about he and Anna and them getting married, he mentions something about "fixing up the house" that he "got" from Grandpa. I don't remember if he said bought or got or obtained, or whatever, but he did talk about fixing it up. I remember because I was thinking that I hoped Anna would like it or something to that effect. So, I think he at least did some work on it, if nothing else.
For being only 23, she DEFINITELY exhibits good moral qualities, in my opinion.
I wouldn't want my kids around her. She talks all the time and never modulates her voice. She brags about boozing and she posts pictures of herself online in very low cut shirts and revealing outfits. She may or may not be a nice person, but from what she is showing the world, I'd avoid her.
I just "surfed" past TLC and saw an advertisement for a "special" on little Josie's birth. So it is so obvious to me now (actually it has been confirmed) that they are using these precious little children for ratings.
We've all been concerned and wanting to get information on little Josie. But we'll just have to wait for the "special".
Enough said.
I am so DONE with TLC (aka "The Leech Channel)!!!!
Sort of a random question, but has Michelle ever said how far along she was in the pregnancy when she miscarried her second child (the one that would have been between Josh and John-David/Jana)?
Michelle was in her second month when she miscarried. According to her book...
I found this very interesting article/interview with the Duggars.
http://arkansasnews.com/?s=michelle+duggar&x=57&y=8
In it, Michelle talks about how 18 children is not for everyone and then she states:
"and maybe God doesn't allow any children in a family".
What an incredibly insulting, INSENSITIVE comment for the many couples out there who want to conceive a baby but can't for various medical reasons.
Michelle really stuck her foot in her mouth on that one. She should be ashamed of herself. She's selling her childrens privacy, does God advocate that?
It has occurred to me that TLC could have edited the home birth to make it appear that it was a last minute decision without trained personnel present in order to perpetuate the image of the Duggars being some backwoods Arkansas family.
As much as TLC tried to show the Gosselins as a perfect happy family with 8 kids, they're making the Duggars out to look more unsophisticated than they really are. I'm not saying they ARE exceptionally sophisticated but I don't believe they are as hokey as TLC would like us to believe.
A good example of this is the pottery scene when they went on the Dollywood trip...they set JB and Michelle up to look really dumb when that was put on TV.
the ENTIRE answer to the question the critics ask them about OVERPOPULATION =
But, in reality, every family has to do what they feel they’re called to do. We’re not out there telling people this is the way everybody else needs to live, because by all means, this is not for everyone. God wouldn’t give everybody 19 children. That’s just not the way it’s gonna happen, and maybe one or two is the number for someone else, or maybe God doesn’t allow any children in a family.
^^^
When you read the entire answer where is it insulting or insensitive? What would have been insulting would have been something like this "well if they would just pray harder or trusted God more...." THAT'S insulting and very insensitive. All Michelle said was MAYBE God didn't allow them to have children. And since they personally think, feel, and believe God is in control it does fit what you would expect her to say; that GOD has something to do with the size of families.
I agree, Michelle really sounds insensitive in that article. That's the problem with believing that God is entirely responsible for pregnancy. I wonder how Michelle would explain to a happily married fundamentalist Christian couple who share her beliefs that God does not wish them to have a baby, but that he apparently thinks that the atheist prostitute who's addicted to heroin should be blessed with a baby she doesn't take care of.
Also from the Arkansas News article: (JB) As far as like overpopulation, I mean, there’s really a myth of overpopulation. The whole world’s population could fit into the city limits of Jacksonville, Florida. (M) Shoulder to shoulder. (JB) Yeah, and have room to spare. (M) So, it’s not like that’s a real issue.
Sigh. Words cannot express my thoughts and emotions on reading this. Perhaps JB needs to move his family back into that 2000 sq ft house, since really, all they need is 40 sq. ft. (~2 sq. ft. per person). Let them stand shoulder to shoulder for a while.
To Kat: Is that the God's honest truth about the world's population fitting into Jacksonville, FL shoulder to shoulder? It sounds ridiculous and absolutely impossible to believe.
The TWoP thread is shut down yet again.
Well, to be honest, I actually looked at some numbers after I read this, because I had the same reaction. According to Wikipedia, the area of Jacksonville is 767 sq. miles, which is 27,878,400 sq ft. The world's population is about 6,798,700,00. Assuming 2 sq ft per person (which is pretty tight), they would need about 10,691,366,400 sq ft.
(I will note here that because of the way Jacksonville is organized, it is "the largest city in land area in the contiguous United States." So don't go thinking Wow, New York City must be even bigger.)
So, yeah, technically it's true, but under completely ridiculous conditions. To claim there is no problem of overpopulation based on this is ludicrous, at best. But it's about what I would expect from ol' JimBob "The earth is 5000 years old" Duggar.
I do love the Duggars, but I have to say... maybe it's just me, but it's my understanding that that's not even what overpopulation means - the physical room, that is. I think of overpopulation as more having to do with use of limited resources and things like that than I think of whether or not there's enough physical space. That's kind of an embarrassing thing that JB and M said, in my opinion. I guess maybe they think that if everyone took better care of the environment then physical space wouldn't be such an issue, but it IS an issue, and before we would even get to the point where we would have 2 square feet per person we would all be dead of lack of resources or diseases or other problems, anyway.
I was watching a re-run last night of Anna's baby shower and when she has the baby. There was a part that had me saying "what".
Jim Bob was loading Michelle and I think Jill into the car and I thought that he told one of the little girls "Here go with AUNT so and so" when refering to one of the older Duggar girls.
Oh, how I love JB's Jacksonville argument! I read that quote elsewhere also. As if standing shoulder to shoulder is even closely realistic. It only shows his lack of critical thinking. I live in PA, and you must have at LEAST 0.5 acres in my township in order to have a sand mound or septic system, even if only 1 person lives in the house. Just because a body only takes up a certain amount of space doesn't mean that a person only needs that space to live. What about crop growth, movement, housing, waste, gas exchange, etc? Not to mention the disease! That is such an elementary school argument. Then again, the Duggars seem to think that is adequate. This is yet another reason why I cannot take most of what he says seriously. He is obviously lacking in basic reasoning skills.
Also, regarding JB; if he was non-religious and felt he had to lead the house, be in control, have 19 children, use the resources he does, make pseudo slaves out of his daughters and continue saying the ill-conceived things he says, I venture to guess he would be promptly diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder. Let's not forget, he was a politician!
Anonymous said...
I do love the Duggars, but I have to say... maybe it's just me, but it's my understanding that that's not even what overpopulation means - the physical room, that is. I think of overpopulation as more having to do with use of limited resources and things like that than I think of whether or not there's enough physical space
* * *
JB's comment was just another example of his lack of knowledge (willful lack, I might add) of the world around him. Once again, it's a matter of claiming to be one of God's own, yet not respecting the planet God supposedly created just for us to live on. To mock a very real danger to human existence (over population, over-extension of the planet's limited resources, not to mention the pollution connected with a booming population) is to mock the very Earth he says he believes God created.
To me, if you believe that God created every living thing and this planet we call Earth, then I would think you would exhibit true respect for our planet and its limited resources. In this day and age, when so much more is known and easily learned via the Internet or reading articles in magazines, or getting books from the library, I find his hokey ignorance very unfunny.
A couple of comments on this weeks reruns.
1. Erin Bates looks lovely with her hair up.
2. How do 18 people live in 1000 square feet and manage not to continually have colds/flu/infections?
3. How do they keep that place clean?
4. How do they keep the boys from killing each other? Crowded rat syndrome.
5. How do the Bates or for that matter, the Duggars keep their drains cleared with all that hair?
Onto Dollywood. I think Dolly is a hoot, she is also a character, but she is a "Nike" if there ever was one. Did they really allow those young men and boys to look at her? Of course they did, as they were getting paid.
Do you suppose, they learned that you can't judge a book by its cover and not all people who are inmodest are bad. They sure seemed to like her. JB couldn't keep is eyes off of her.
Do JB and M have to constantly kiss? I see J and A are picking up on this. PDA, people, pda! Poor Michelle couldn't even make a pot, without JB nibbling on her.
Really funny about the PDA. I have always thought it was for newer relationships, not old married couples. When I see a couple acting like JB and M, I think they must have just gotten together. It seems to be more JB than M though. Maybe he just needs a lot of attention, some people are like that.
Josh and Anna I can almost understand because they did not do any of the "normal" dating stuff and therefore have a lot to catch up on.
It is their decision to show others how they feel and that is fine, but I don't really enyoy watching it. And that goes for anyone, not just the Duggars.
RE:Michelle was in her second month when she miscarried. According to her book...
-----------------------------------
In the book it states Michelle was between her second and thrid month when she miscarried, now it occured to me that the whole thing was pretty traumatic. We don't know all the details. As a person who miscarried but did not spontaneously abort(medical terms here) the fetus I know how that can be tramatic. We didn't realize the baby had died til about my 12 week. The Drs said by the size of my utuerus it had probably died about 5-6 weeks. I had to undergo a D,E &C. It is pretty traumatizing. I can understand exactly the feeling one has about whether something they did to cause the loss. I had taken an over the counter medication that my DR recommended in the time period they estimated the death of the fetus. I never took meds during a pregnancy again. So I can sympathise a lot with michelle. And since we do not know all the details noone can assume they know anythign about the miscarriage
Jo said:
and therefore have a lot to catch up on. It is their decision to show others how they feel and that is fine, but I don't really enyoy watching it. And that goes for anyone, not just the Duggars.
* * *
This is an area where once again, I find myself more conservative than the Duggars. My family is definitely affectionate - we hug and kiss hello and goodbye. My son likes to sit right next to me on the couch when we're watching tv. In passing, my partner will often just touch my shoulder or arm in a gesture of unspoken affection.
But out in public, we are respectful of others. We don't insist they be unasked witnesses to us kissing and snuggling. It's call consideration for others, and knowing how to behave appropriately in public.
I give teenagers a pass, even while I give them the "look", because their hormones are all wacky and they're young. It seems that JB & Michelle put their need for attention before the consideration that others might not wish to be privy to their PDA.
"In it, Michelle talks about how 18 children is not for everyone and then she states:
"and maybe God doesn't allow any children in a family".
What an incredibly insulting, INSENSITIVE comment for the many couples out there who want to conceive a baby but can't for various medical reasons."
Others may find it insulting. I think that was a poor use of words, but I don't think that's what she meant (IE: God *punishing* someone by not allowing them to have children).
I have only three, and lost two babies this year. We believe the same as the Duggar's do about birth control, and I don't find her statement at all upsetting, because in the context of our beliefs, it doesn't mean what it looks like. Children *are* a blessing. They are not the *only* blessing God gives though, so that a family has 19 children doesn't make them "more blessed" than a family with 3 kids. And in the reverse, a family with no children or only a few is not actively "cursed" by God, even though they may feel their infertility is a curse.
The QF belief involves not only placing trust in God to give as many children to a family as are in his will for them, without the use of man-created family planning. It also means trusting that the outworking of God's will is good for us even when it doesn't match our wishes or desires.
The QF belief involves not only placing trust in God to give as many children to a family as are in his will for them, without the use of man-created family planning. It also means trusting that the outworking of God's will is good for us even when it doesn't match our wishes or desires.
--------------------------------------
it can also mean a lot of guilt of the woman does not have lots of kids or has medical problems because of having kids. she can be shunned or looked down upon. quiverful can be from almost normal people to women that are not much more then brood mares and slaves to their husbands. using god as birth control is about as reliable as using no birth control. all you need to do is look at all the starving and dying christian children.
Post a Comment